3It was OK
9.8%
2Disliked it
0.0%
1Hated it
6.6%
Average 4.4
61 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 3, 2014 1:33 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Pretty good episode overall. Sakai and his knuckles are something to never be underestimated. Good fight especially with all the teamwork going on.

At the same time, I'm curious who else they may face in the future in the Nationals. Beach episode next time? ;o or at least Mirai's opponent seems to adapt with the waters with that surfboard..
Stark700Dec 3, 2014 3:28 AM
Dec 3, 2014 4:25 AM

Apr 2012
Fun episode!

I love the teamwork shown by both teams.
"Fortress Maximus has come himself. Okay! Then I shall get Fortress Maximus to fight me, huh huh huh!"

Dec 3, 2014 5:40 AM
Oct 2010
It's not gundam without someone getting slapped in the face.
Dec 3, 2014 6:06 AM
Oct 2014
so damage level set to A destroy your gunpla.that explain why build burning is still ok after fighting destiny.
Dec 3, 2014 6:10 AM

Aug 2008
Am i the only one who roots for Team try fighters to lose only to end in utter disappointment?
Dec 3, 2014 6:35 AM

Aug 2010
That was pretty intense :3 I wonder what the explanation to the head not getting destroyed and even destroying the hand is :O Is it just the difference in building skills by Sei vs Sakai?

The teamwork was quite amazing. Loved Yuuma's self explosion and cutting the cannon even while half his Gunpla's body was destroyed.

Sekai was awesome. Loved his pin point shield protection. Pretty BA. And the burning mode was pretty cool.

Nxt ep Mirai Mizugi :3 I wonder if there will be any recurring characters from S1 in the nationals? Should be fun.
Dec 3, 2014 7:04 AM

Aug 2007
Good ep. Tatsuya Yuuki needs to spectating fights more in this since his lines never get old to me. What happen to Sekai at the end? Is his Gunpla so powerful that he recieves the feedback now? Well if so he won't last long when the damage levels goes up.

Sent with Mal Updater
Dec 3, 2014 7:06 AM
Oct 2008
Nice climatic battle. Both sides fought to their last teeth. I cannot believe I am saying this,but I cannot wait for the beach episode for next week.
Dec 3, 2014 7:15 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
HOLY FUCKING SHIT!!!!!!!!! MY BODY WAS NOT FUCKING READY FOR THIS.....YUUKI-SENPAI....MEIJIN MOTHER FUCKING KAWAGUCHI...OH MY LANTA I AM CRYING RIGHT NOW...Best character of the series is here TwT

Damn that battle was way too epic, and the dude from the other team earned my respect when he bitch slapped that girl for putting down Gyanko like that...Serves her right

I really hope that this ends up being 2 cour like season 1. Yuuki alone made this episode a 10/5 for me, I've been waiting to see him since episode 1 and now I can die happy :''')
Dec 3, 2014 9:06 AM

Mar 2008
It's always tough to build up opponents reasonably, so they did a great job here. The Victory/G Fighter docked form didn't look/feel all that formidable, but everything else was wonderful. Yuuma's part of the battle was fantasic, and Sudou's return amidst all the immobile floating was brilliant.
Delicious.

That ex-Meijin. That commentry. Those split-screens reactions. That soundtrack. If only the show could be this good every single episode.

Looks like Sekai's synching with Burning will become one of the more important plot points in the future.
Dec 3, 2014 9:28 AM

Dec 2013
This episode can only be described in 1 word - Boss.

It was so good. Loved to see them fight to the last, except wtf the gundam punching Build Burning caused his arm to break? Ok then.

But... Hoshino-san's oppai... thats the reason this whole new 2nd season is so good.

Wow... next episode beach episode. Sunrise finally did it right this time.

Mirai and Hoshino in bikinis? GG WP. Oppai everywhere i swear. Can't wait!
"No one knows what the future holds. That's why its potential is infinite.” - Okabe Rintarou

"El Psy Congroo."

Kirino Kyousake Picture
Dec 3, 2014 9:54 AM

Jul 2012
Good episode. The soundtrack was awesome. Btw, wasnt the damage level set to A? I wonder what Sekai is going to do if his gundam gets damaged.
Tom's Hardware graphics veteran++ (Legacy)
i7 6700K@4.0 GHz, ASUS Z170 PRO GAMING, RTX 2080, G. Skill RipJaws V 3200MHz 16GB,
Noctua NH-D15, CorsairRM 850x, Win10x64, 1920x1080

MyAnimeList!
Dec 3, 2014 11:26 AM

Mar 2014
That was an amazing battle
Dec 3, 2014 11:37 AM

Feb 2013

^DAFUQ??

Pretty Nice episode......Though the Over-dramatization of some scenes just ends up sucking the enjoyment out of the show
Dec 3, 2014 12:41 PM

Sep 2010
Sleggar Akira brightslapping a bitch was funny.

Amazing episode even though the outcome was obvious it still had me on the edge.

Since next week is a beach episode hope for some more cameos. I need to see Feldt in a swimsuit or Sumeragi.
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Dec 3, 2014 1:55 PM

Sep 2013
While that episode was badass, how the hell did they manage to repair Build Burning after its battle against the Destiny?
I'm pretty sure despite with all of Yuuma's skill, he isn't on Sei's level...
Dec 3, 2014 1:59 PM

Jun 2008
Ckan said:
Looks like Sekai's synching with Burning will become one of the more important plot points in the future.

Maybe it's one of the reasons Sei "hid" the Gunpla to begin with?

Awesome episode anyway

bjorno said:
Btw, wasnt the damage level set to A?

No, in Official Regional matches damage level is set to B. Only in the Nationals it's going to be set to A as referenced by Sudou from his past.

caeao said:
While that episode was badass, how the hell did they manage to repair Build Burning after its battle against the Destiny?
I'm pretty sure despite with all of Yuuma's skill, he isn't on Sei's level...

After Sudou revealed his past experience, Damage Level A is the only level capable of destroying a Gunpla, and B just results in trivial damages. while in C, Gunpla doesn't retain any damages.
kaimaxDec 3, 2014 2:03 PM

Visit this blog That I'm working with my friend
http://randomnessthing.com/
Dec 3, 2014 2:14 PM
Dec 2013
Did they have damage levels in Build Fighters? Cause I don't remember, and I finished watching that a few days ago. Guessing they added it, so we wouldn't complain about how the Build Burning Gundam is fixed after every battle.
Dec 3, 2014 2:26 PM

Nov 2012
ouch i wanted them to lose
IF YOU LIKE DEATH PARADE, GO WATCH BARTENDER!!!
my animesongs chord thread : here bro
Dec 3, 2014 2:43 PM

Jan 2012
Hand_of_the_King said:

^DAFUQ??

Pretty Nice episode......Though the Over-dramatization of some scenes just ends up sucking the enjoyment out of the show

Agreed.
Dec 3, 2014 7:04 PM

Jan 2008
I'm actually starting to like this season better than the first one..
Dec 3, 2014 7:33 PM
Jul 2012
I think this is one of the most intense battle episodes as of late. Definitely one of the episodes to remember, but a bit over-dramatic. But, it is a good launching pad for more serious story points.

And, I just came to a massive realization. The particles when the Build Burning is red look kind of similar to the Plavsky Particles when they were used by Aila, Reiji or that President. Similar color might mean we're seeing a similar incident of the Plavsky Particles doing something in response to emotions, like last season.

Therefore, the season might start to delve deeper into that aspect. And heres a quick theory: the Build Burning is covered in finely made Arista Crystals. Given Sekai's emotional personality, is resonates with the Arista, but the amount of Arista in the Build Burning drains your emotional capacity. Also, the Build Burning was made on the request of Nils who remade Arista.

Also, some theories on why Sekai's head lived, the explosion had weakened the Mega-Shiki's frame and it was that much weaker in comparison to the Build Burning's frame. But, two questions:
1) How do that repair the Build Burning so easily? Its built on a whole another level.
2) Are they going to make an upgrade to their Gunplas now? At least Yuuma, his Lightning is wrecked.
AcxelionDec 3, 2014 7:37 PM
Dec 3, 2014 7:40 PM

Mar 2008
Motherurck said:
Did they have damage levels in Build Fighters? Cause I don't remember, and I finished watching that a few days ago. Guessing they added it, so we wouldn't complain about how the Build Burning Gundam is fixed after every battle.
It's always been announced during the set-up. First season too.
Dec 3, 2014 8:17 PM

Jun 2008
Acxelion said:
But, two questions:
1) How do that repair the Build Burning so easily? Its built on a whole another level.
2) Are they going to make an upgrade to their Gunplas now? At least Yuuma, his Lightning is wrecked.

Damage Level B only does trivial damage, Damage Level A is the one that reflects 100% of damage in-game.

So, Yuuma's Lightning is not wrecked and BBG does not need "fixing" in the first place.

Visit this blog That I'm working with my friend
http://randomnessthing.com/
Dec 3, 2014 8:33 PM

Aug 2014
Fucking awesome. Kind of disappointed how the Sekai-Akira fight played out, but the overall battle makes up for it. Tatsuya showed up for some extra commentary, and Sleggar had to slapabitch, again. Looks like next episode is cooldown.
Sieg Zeon!
Dec 3, 2014 10:50 PM
Nov 2014
dem.. this episode is intense..
like the scene when build burning received a scratch, the scratch transferred to sekai.. experience the pain ~

Model damage A is tht intense ? wonder when Sei and Reiji time when it is not introduced.. did they playing with damage level A ?
if so they will be much more powerful fighter and builder as they train with damage level A not like GBF Try using damage level B or C so that while training the gunpla is not damaged..
Dec 3, 2014 11:41 PM

Jul 2013
Pilot being one with his gumpla, a bit cliched but it works
The mix of animation, choreography and ost make the fights too good.

Akira slapping bitch felt so right. And honestly, I couldn´t help but love Sudou and part of me whised he hadn´t lost.
Hopefully G-Master will joing the supporters family along with Gyanko´s team and Shimon.
Dec 4, 2014 12:29 PM
Aug 2012
Too much melodrama, way less feels. Well at least this episode didn't go overboard with drama. Also Meijin and his lines. But why does Allan look so old and Meijin almost the same as ever? Guess it's the glasses.

Glad they showed damage levels, so in the first season Damage Level is always A since we saw Carlos Kaisers Alpha Aizeru in piece. Hopefully it will be A in the World Tournament so at least there is some impact or feels when the suits are damaged. Well at least this explain why that piercing shot in episode 1 didn't damage BBG........kind of.

Honestly i can't get any feels for the main team except for Yuuma and the opponents are always better and deserve to win. Fumina is shoved to a support role(not saying support is bad though) and ms. fanservice role. At least this fight was enjoyable except the final part.

Yuuma's part of the fight was the only thing that felt like previous season and awesome. He literally saved the whole team by going all out. Also the combination or V Gundam and G-Fighter was sweet. I also liked Try Fighters combination....that was a good idea.

But the sad thing is Sekai doesn't know about the capability of the BBG and it's annoying to see Reiji/Sei's trump card and double-edged sword used so cheaply just to make the MC win. So he learned something new.........10 seconds of still pictures could have shown the training. BBG activates super mode because of 'manly shouting' and 'shounen logic' in a Gunpla battle..........sure why not?

Also i swear the "Damage feedback" idea is just plain stupid and going to cause a lot of unnecessary drama in the future(as if there isn't already enough). Half the things i liked in season 1 are already lost............sigh.

Dec 4, 2014 12:43 PM

Oct 2011
AWESOME EPIC AMAZING BATTLE!!!!!!
Dec 4, 2014 9:18 PM

Sep 2008
Gundam, Brightslapping bitches since 1979.
Dec 5, 2014 2:04 AM
Jul 2018
Acxelion said:
But, two questions:

As some someone stated, it's set to damage level B. Also, they've already announced some of the new gunplas that (I assume) will be their upgraded versions.
Dec 5, 2014 1:34 PM

Dec 2013
This episode had one of the best animation in probably gundam history lol.
Either way really good 5/5 episode.

The end where Akira gets the Hyaku-shiki fist destroyed by Build burning gundam showed that the gunpla Sei made was much superior to the Hyaku-shiki.
2nd season >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>1st season.

"If I don't have to do it, I won't. If I have to do it, I'll make it quick."
-Oreki Houtarou
Dec 10, 2014 11:29 PM

Apr 2013
That slap , she deserves it. I was hoping her mech get K.O.ed in the last episode. Well, that slap is enough for 5/5.
Dec 22, 2014 11:39 PM

Feb 2011
I'm glad that i didn't watch episode 9 until today :) The battle is just so intense! Let's not forgot Meijin is back!! :D
Jan 5, 2015 7:01 AM

Jan 2014
kingsheep812 said:
This episode can only be described in 1 word - Boss.

It was so good. Loved to see them fight to the last, except wtf the gundam punching Build Burning caused his arm to break? Ok then.

its because sekai used the world level gundam, build by our hero sei iori after all. the quality never lies.
Jan 16, 2015 5:41 AM

Oct 2009
Lots of ass-pulling but that was fucking awesome!!!

That OST doe..
Jan 18, 2015 2:30 PM

Jun 2008
Ckan said:
Motherurck said:
It's always been announced during the set-up. First season too.

No it wasn't. I don't remember the first season having something like that at all.
Jan 2, 2016 3:51 AM

May 2009
Sleggar falls again at Solomon.
A variant of Zeta VS a variant of Hyaku Shiki.
Meijin makes an appearance.

Excellent episode.

It still bothers me who fixes the Build Burning. Couldn't possibly be Hoshino. And this...

Powered GM Cardigan? More like Stock Footage.
Apr 20, 2016 5:50 AM

Mar 2014
Fighting Men of the Final Round !! "Blaze on" !! Yuuki-senpai ~ .
Build Burning Gundam , Lightning Gundam and Winning Gundam !! Iku se !!
Such a HIGHLY-INTENSED BATTLE ~ !!! Electrifying Episode !!!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 13, 2017 11:04 PM

Dec 2012
Dat slap! Yomi was acting like a Sa(c)kashita.
Mirai slaying that photoshoot.
lol at Eri in the back. Dat lucky fock of a mantis.
Yuuki!
Akira just docked into Yomi. lol
Fighter and Machine are one!
They won.

Beach episode returns! Yes!!! Gun-Coll. lol
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Oct 24, 2017 11:37 AM

Sep 2014
I loved this episode.
A few people are saying it was too dramatic, but that is the whole thing I like about this series. I love the intense drama filled battles with all the awesome animation.

They really pulled out the stops too, this stuff looks GOOD.

https://i.imgur.com/O7YczE6.png
Nov 17, 2022 9:42 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Great final altough the Sekai´s hurt was strange!!! kekeke

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gundam Build Fighters Try Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 1, 2015

75 by Ranxomare »»
Dec 9, 2022 2:46 AM

Poll: » Gundam Build Fighters Try Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 25, 2015

58 by Ranxomare »»
Dec 8, 2022 11:44 PM

Poll: » Gundam Build Fighters Try Episode 23 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 18, 2015

28 by Ranxomare »»
Dec 8, 2022 1:36 PM

Poll: » Gundam Build Fighters Try Episode 22 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 11, 2015

46 by Ranxomare »»
Dec 8, 2022 1:18 PM

Poll: » Gundam Build Fighters Try Episode 21 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 4, 2015

46 by Ranxomare »»
Dec 8, 2022 12:49 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.