Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Oct 26, 2014 3:20 PM

Aug 2013
Whats the chances the guy Ange falls for will be part of a rebellion trying to bring down her former home... or maybe a loyal lap dog of her brother???

Ah well as i said when Kir... I mean the male lead show uo I wonder will he act character wise like THAT person that shall not be named or the one that likes to shout a certrain phrase from another mecha show the seyiuu played as...

I wonder when the maid is going to turn up... also whose betting the maid will be someone to keep an eye on Ange and is someone who hates Ange's guts more than anyone?
Oct 26, 2014 3:21 PM

Mar 2013
Yay! We're heading towards the hetero ecchi part of the show.
Oct 26, 2014 3:47 PM

Jan 2014
More Yuri, Mecha and Prison Drama.
I don't know/recall how much time has passed between episodes 3 and 4 (I think it was mentioned that about 2 months? I'll need to rewatch episode 4 to verify), but Ange has grown quite accustomed to the new life style.
Oct 26, 2014 5:42 PM

Jun 2014
I have never seen a show with such unlikeable characters before.
HOLY SHIT. Like i literally want everyone of them to die. Except maybe the old woman, Salia and the little short haired one she rooms with.
Be sure to message me if you quoted me and want me to respond! Just give me a link to the forum, because usually I leave my comment, then leave the forum.
Oct 26, 2014 5:48 PM

Oct 2013
hetshit
nanofate fan
konata x kagami fan
Oct 26, 2014 6:16 PM

Oct 2013
Trash show or not,I'm liking it more & more and as usual,Ange's the reason for that. She didn't pull a 180 on us. She accepted the fact that she's a norma and has to kill dragons to survive(at least for now) but she's still full of herself. I'm really liking how her development is handled.

She most certainly knows how to put people in their places.

Oct 26, 2014 7:24 PM

Jul 2010
JoksPacifist said:
This show doesn't cease to entertain me

This. It certainly is something. Keeps me watching it every week.
Oct 26, 2014 8:03 PM

Oct 2011
I hope they accept her.

Kira Yamato will change that next week.

Hilda is crazy !!!!!!
Oct 26, 2014 8:55 PM

Sep 2014
Man this show just never ceases to make me laugh Ange just happens to find herself in that bed with that dude at the end:D
Oct 26, 2014 9:16 PM

Aug 2013
Comedy of the season. Even Twintails has nothing on how ridiculously entertaining this is XD
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Oct 26, 2014 9:21 PM

Jan 2013
yuri valvrave
Oct 26, 2014 9:47 PM

Jan 2008
This show has become the best comedy this season next to Twintails.
Oct 26, 2014 11:00 PM

Jul 2009
Amazing episode :D

It seems Ange is more aggressive now compared to the last episode. Her attitude changed quickly, but i don't mind that.

Ange's teammates are pain in the ass. At least Ange has moved on while these girls are still lingering in the past. WTF Hilda becoming like Zola :P

Salia seems to only care about Villkiss! Lol Vivian is soo funny as hell!! Love Houka Kuwashima's voice!!

Lol Strike Freedom Shield and Rifle is there on the shop!!

That was kinda of a dick move by Ange, throwing away Vivian's key chain like that. She has your back lady.

Lol wtf Kira appears!!!!

I noticed in the opening, there's a red like Villkiss with the black hair lady piloting it. Guess we'll see Freedom vs Justice here huh??

Can't wait for the next episode!! Though i fear a lot of people will bitch and say Ange was rape, even though that guy tied her up so that she won't escape and she was naked since her clothes are wet.

Why? Anime logic that's why :P

I love the PV by Nana Mizuki!!

fufufufu, hehehe, nyan nyan!!
Oct 26, 2014 11:45 PM

Mar 2013
Done with the Yuri pondering.
Time to self-insert as Jesus Yamato from now on.
Oct 27, 2014 1:59 AM

Apr 2014
Ohh~Ange became so badass, she be like you can't handle my kiss, you'll be shitting yourself, literally. Well its a good thing she turned badass and she might ended up leading the whole team to glory and shit~

Kira Yamato appeared, beside hand-tied and naked Ange.
Oct 27, 2014 3:02 AM

Jun 2008
Everyone calling this yuri. Damn, I sure wish it was yuri.

Guy enters, and next week will likely start the downward spiral of this show (despite not exactly being high already).
Oct 27, 2014 3:52 AM

Jun 2011
Lmao wtf is this shit? Ange's psychological state from before and now was done very poorly, it's like she just decided to be a loner badass just for the heck. And those bullies are funny in all the bad way. Ange is suddenly the strongest shithead among them all, etc.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Oct 27, 2014 4:08 AM
May 2014
xSanox said:
kinda mixed feelings about this episode.

they hate ange because she was responsible for the deaths so they try to play highschool girl tricks on her?
and when they should not do anything they sabotage her para mail so it malfunctions in the fight which could cause them to lose the fight and die if everything goes wrong..

I would be kind of happy if everyone except Ange and her died in that fight, just to make her suffer.
In other words "Sorry, I couldn't help/rescue them because you sabotaged my machine".

Going by the amount of money she gets, she's appears to be the one with the highest killcount or
something like that, so it wouldn't be unlikely that disabling that machine caused their team to be
fatally underpowered compared to the enemy.

I guess she hasn't learned that when you're trying to do your revenge on someone then
you have to avoid getting bitten in the a*s by the same revenge.
konatachan80Oct 27, 2014 4:17 AM
Have faith in the Lord Fifth, gain eternal life! When the Lord Fifth appears, who dares to cause strife!
-- Lord fifth
Oct 27, 2014 7:43 AM

May 2013

Hmmm
Freedom beam rilfe.... Check
Freedom wing piece... Check
Balena plasma beam cannon ...... Check

Is that astray/strike shield
audianOct 27, 2014 7:49 AM
Oct 27, 2014 8:16 AM

Apr 2013
audian said:

Hmmm
Freedom beam rilfe.... Check
Freedom wing piece... Check
Balena plasma beam cannon ...... Check

Is that astray/strike shield

Those equipment used by Jesus Yamato. Place your bets, girls.
Oct 27, 2014 8:45 AM
Jun 2014
bastek66 said:
Haha, next week typical Sunrise's island episode with Setsuna Tusk Yamato

Passed, so Episode 4 is ange kissing like a yuri ago.. next time dont will be wait for mild nudity T . T
Kira + Setsuna + Haruto = Setsuna are mismatched.. ugh~ 😔
Roseanne Maceda
Oct 27, 2014 10:03 AM

Jul 2007
I have seen a lot of people having a negative backslash at Ange as character.
I honestly think this is ridiculous reaction.

First of all its okay that she is not a "perfect flawless" character. There's this tendency in anime communities to root for and love for mary sue/gary stu characters who do not do any mistakes or have any human reactions.

I can't understand that. Perfect characters are boring. Its okay to have human characters who act human. Who act weak. Who ARE weak and selfish and pitiful. Because that makes them a lot more real and complex than generic heroic "badasses' who randomly go around saving the day. Its okay to have sociopaths as leads, its okay to have psychopaths and killers as lead. Its okay to have strong people and weak people as leads. The lead character does not have to be some perfect flawless jesus - that's fucking boring.

Ange is someone who is FULL of flaws that both the show and the viewer disagrees with. And that's exciting.

Ange grew up in society where racism was a social norm and she conditioned to act a certain way.
Its no surprise Ange finds it hard to overcome her upbringing. If anything its realistic.
You do not "overcome" it in a seconds. Only in shonen shows does it happen.

So seeing her struggle with the way she grew up versus the way world is slowly being revealed to her as is far more interesting

I honestly think this is ridiculous reaction.
First of all its okay that she is not a "perfect flawless" character. There's this tendency in anime communities to root for and love for mary sue/gary stu characters who do not do any mistakes or have any human reactions.

I can't understand that.
Perfect characters are boring. Its okay to have human characters who act human. Who act weak. Who ARE weak and selfish and pitiful. Because that makes them a lot more real and complex than generic heroic "badasses' who randomly go around saving the day. Its okay to have sociopaths as leads, its okay to have psychopaths and killers as lead. Its okay to have strong people and weak people as leads. The lead character does not have to be some perfect flawless jesus - that's fucking boring.

Ange is someone who is FULL of flaws that both the show and the viewer disagrees with. And that's exciting.

Ange grew up in society where racism was a social norm and she conditioned to act a certain way.
Its no surprise Ange finds it hard to overcome her upbringing. If anything its realistic.
You do not "overcome" it in a seconds. Only in shonen shows does it happen.

So seeing her struggle with the way she grew up versus the way world is slowly being revealed to her as is far more interesting

Its only natural that she would try to reject it and react in such ways as she does. Her own identity and the world she lived for is crumbling at her feet. She is not even a full blown adult. If anything, Ange is viewed by those people the same way her kind looks down upon them. And both her reaction to it and their reaction to her is human and understandable.

Its refreshing to have leads who are not perfect and who fuck up majorly and throw emotional tantrums.

After all, character exploration and growth are the reason narrative fiction even exists.

Its only natural that she would try to reject it and react in such ways as she does. Her own identity and the world she lived for is crumbling at her feet. She is not even a full blown adult.
Its refreshing to have leads who are not perfect and who fuck up majorly and throw emotional tantrums.

After all, character exploration and growth are the reason narrative fiction even exists.
Oct 27, 2014 10:37 AM

Jan 2011
Ange is doing nothing wrong, we dont talk to insects right^^

next episode better explain what is happening at the ending scene...
Oct 27, 2014 11:21 AM

May 2012
Another great episode. The yuri kiss was so good.

Haters are going to hate, but I enjoying this anime more than many of these overrated animes with 7 or 8 score
Oct 27, 2014 1:59 PM

Oct 2013
CookingPriest said:
I have seen a lot of people having a negative backslash at Ange as character. I honestly think this is ridiculous reaction.

I can't understand that. Perfect characters are boring. Its okay to have human characters who act human. Who act weak. Who ARE weak and selfish and pitiful. Because that makes them a lot more real and complex than generic heroic "badasses' who randomly go around saving the day. Its okay to have sociopaths as leads, its okay to have psychopaths and killers as lead. Its okay to have strong people and weak people as leads. The lead character does not have to be some perfect flawless jesus - that's fucking boring.

Ange grew up in society where racism was a social norm and she conditioned to act a certain way. Its no surprise Ange finds it hard to overcome her upbringing. If anything its realistic. You do not "overcome" it in a seconds. Only in shounen shows does it happen.

So seeing her struggle with the way she grew up versus the way world is slowly being revealed to her as is far more interesting.

I honestly think this is ridiculous reaction. First of all its okay that she is not a "perfect flawless" character. There's this tendency in anime communities to root for and love for mary sue/gary stu characters who do not do any mistakes or have any human reactions.

You do not "overcome" it in a seconds. Only in shounen shows does it happen.

Its only natural that she would try to reject it and react in such ways as she does. Her own identity and the world she lived for is crumbling at her feet. She is not even a full blown adult.

Its refreshing to have leads who are not perfect and who fuck up majorly and throw emotional tantrums. After all, character exploration and growth are the reason narrative fiction even exists.

Fixed,since you said the same thing twice a few times,making the post much longer than needed :P

Anyway,well said good sir, I mean priest! Besides the fact that Ange's a refreshing lead,even more so in the case of a female one,her development is coming along nicely.

There were some worries there at the end of ep 3 that she might get some forced development and be all badass and friendly,a.k.a. the typical shounen-ish development,but here we have ep 4 where it didn't happen,or not entirely anyway.

Ange is pretty badass but that didn't come out of the left field,since she performed quite well in her training back in ep2. And she's a badass in the sense that she can look out for herself better now,yet not enough to make her untouchable. It's all happening gradually,as it should.

Mod Edit: Removed quote of deleted post.
LunaOct 31, 2014 6:24 AM
Oct 27, 2014 8:07 PM
Aug 2014
hahah fcking KSer in the beginning. I like how she turned into a lone wolf(the sadist inside me is sad though, no more leeching off her pain), now all she's gotta do is kill off the other three.
Oct 27, 2014 8:40 PM

Jul 2012
SolviteSekai said:
yuri valvrave
^

Ange please stay the bitch you are don't develop
הלב שלי כבר מת
Oct 27, 2014 11:58 PM

Jan 2013
So Jesus Yamato has finally appeared.
Salmon is delicious.
Oct 28, 2014 11:11 AM

Feb 2013
Im enjoying this series alot:D
Jesus can walk on water. Cucumbers are 96% water. I can walk on cucumbers. I'm 96% Jesus.
Oct 28, 2014 2:35 PM

Apr 2010
Seems the commander is plotting something and it seems that Ange is part of that plot.
Judging from what she said and how she said it i guess she is planning to overtake the base from that officer that can control mana.
To me she is the only one who isn't a Norma and she is supposed to be in control but it's clear that she isn't takes seriously by those around her.
So the commander probably considers her an easy target.

It was clear that the moment Ange cut her hair she made a drastic change and i have to say that i like her development.
She will probably change more and i think it will be more group oriented since she doesn't have much of a choice, she will have to cooperate with the others at some point.
It's true that Ange has some flaws but i think that's what makes her a good character it leaves room for improvement and it makes her more human more realistic.
Characters without flaws are very boring their behaviour is predictable and there is little room for development and there are to many anime out there with copy paste characters.

About the group it's also has it's flaws.
First of all it's clear that Ange isn't liked by the others but there is also part that it looks like two groups.
First of all two members that follow Hilda and who like her show very hostile behaviour to Ange and also seemed to be very shocked for the lose of Zola.
They seem to care a lot and are even doing everything they can to hinder Ange, causing a lot of trouble to other members of the unit and the facility.
And then there is the group that seem to follow Salia who seem less concerned about what's going on around them and with what Ange is doing.
The don't show any hostility towards Ange and aren't trying to hinder her as a matter affect they even made an attempt to get close to her even tho Ange rejected it.

As it looks now there is still work to be done within the group and Ange's behaviour isn't helping the i think Hilda's group need to be dealt with as well.
With any luck they will find out Ange's unit was tempered with and they get the punishment they need, wether this will make a turnaround in a different matter.
Oct 28, 2014 5:22 PM

Jul 2012
LOLOL Finally the male character shows up

Also, Ange's "done with your shit" attitude is great.

This is the best non-comedy of the season (aka best comedy without the genre tag)
Oct 29, 2014 7:22 AM

May 2010
This show is so bad, it's actually funny. I wonder how many more homages (or rather - copy pastas) to Gundam Seed we are going see.
Oct 29, 2014 8:26 AM

Dec 2013
Betcha the dude has pants on underneath the sheets. He probably had to dry her clothes since he dragged her out of the ocean.

Can't say the excessive back-stabbing did much for me this episode, but the dragons in the preview have got me hooked for at least one more episode.
HESTIAAPPROVES
Oct 29, 2014 1:59 PM

Jun 2010
Where the hell is my Fan Service ??? well at least we'll get to know who that dude is.
<--- Who Your Waifus Look Up To --->
Oct 29, 2014 4:39 PM

May 2012
FINALLYY!! A dude...and a pretty nice-face one at that.

Ange's attitude is soo badass though. Like comeon already....give up!

I am starting to enjoy this series now.
Thank god.

Cant wait for the next one!
""You think you're special? You're not. Everyone lies, everyone hides things...
Nobody makes it through this life being completely honest."
- Izaya

Oct 29, 2014 5:02 PM

Feb 2013
richard360 said:
Where the hell is my Fan Service ??? well at least we'll get to know who that dude is.

Ange's torn up outfit doesn't count?
Oct 29, 2014 6:50 PM

Aug 2014
Is it me or did Ange just change personalities? She was a whinny, ass whole princess for like the first three episodes, then her "character development" happened. The funny thing is, her character didn't develop even if her personality changed. She only got worse, which was incredibly annoying.

Now it looks like she'll be a lovestruck schoolgirl once she meets the new male character? I wonder what Ange will be like by episode 6, because the writers obviously can't pinpoint a personality for this girl.
Oct 29, 2014 7:55 PM

Nov 2012
SnowFlakeBunny said:
Is it me or did Ange just change personalities? She was a whinny, ass whole princess for like the first three episodes, then her "character development" happened. The funny thing is, her character didn't develop even if her personality changed. She only got worse, which was incredibly annoying.

Gotta agree- it's really unrealistic how she just did a 180 turn, even if the grave scene was meant to be seen as her getting 'closure' and the dragon fight supposed to show her regaining the 'will to live', it wasn't convincing enough to vouch for her new personality now. I mean she even had a mouth to mouth with one of Hilda's cronies- what happened to her feeling sexually harassed by Zola not too long ago? It's like they're going with the cliche of 'whiny princess' to 'badass' without all the struggle that comes in between. It's unbelievable and doesn't even count as actual character development because we didn't SEE any of the development. We were just given a before and after and told to deal with it. I'm guessing that one male at the end of the episode is supposed to keep us distracted from here on out.
Oct 30, 2014 6:07 AM

Nov 2011
4/5

Of course the Ange-sighted, he does not expect the needle to point B, it's kind of silly.
Episode passing the test once again, the narrative is fuibile, the plot acceptable.
What a pity notice a decrease in the drawings, oh well!
The character of Angelise is maturing well, although it is now a bit nasty, well, not that it was not before! LOL
The rest of the cast as characterization is proving to live up to expectations.
The CG is not bad, I is not disappointing.
Who knows what will be the role entrusted to the boy.
Oct 30, 2014 6:34 PM

Apr 2012
Still not liking Ange. Seriously. Stop acting high and mighty.

Love the gundam cameos though. Looks like Orb has been busy lol.
"Fortress Maximus has come himself. Okay! Then I shall get Fortress Maximus to fight me, huh huh huh!"

Oct 31, 2014 6:21 PM

Oct 2013
CookingPriest said:

Speaking as someone who fully 100% agrees with you that perfect characters are, indeed, very boring, I think Ange sucks. Her being imperfect does not make her interesting; in her case, it just makes her even MORE boring. She's a stale character, that's all there is to it, really. She doesn't have much life to her, her actions are irritating, and she has yet to do anything remotely impressive.

Lelouch Lamperouge is the perfect example of an imperfect character. Ange should strive to be more like Lelouch. In fact, I suspect that the further into the series we go, the more that will actually happen. Especially since everything else about Cross Ange feels like Code Geass: Poverty Edition - With Added Yuri for All Your Fanservice Needs!

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Nov 1, 2014 5:32 PM

Feb 2013
Next episode: A that's-so-Sunrise beach-romance episode.

The thumbtack was just a ruse!
Nov 1, 2014 9:02 PM
Feb 2009
Zadion said:
CookingPriest said:

Speaking as someone who fully 100% agrees with you that perfect characters are, indeed, very boring, I think Ange sucks. Her being imperfect does not make her interesting; in her case, it just makes her even MORE boring. She's a stale character, that's all there is to it, really. She doesn't have much life to her, her actions are irritating, and she has yet to do anything remotely impressive.

Lelouch Lamperouge is the perfect example of an imperfect character. Ange should strive to be more like Lelouch. In fact, I suspect that the further into the series we go, the more that will actually happen. Especially since everything else about Cross Ange feels like Code Geass: Poverty Edition - With Added Yuri for All Your Fanservice Needs!

Ange isn't amiable by all, just like how real people aren't either. =P

I personally like Ange's personality, I have a much easier time relating to her than say, Shirou from Fate/Stay Night.

Now, if Kira, I mean Setsuna, no wait, I mean Tusk, doesn't bang at least one of Ange or Villkiss I'd be pretty disappointed considering that he's Kira Yamato in character design and Setsuna F. Seiei in voice.
Nov 2, 2014 1:12 PM

Oct 2014
I am really liking the storyline.
I do like Ange, and the ring connection with the mecha I find it intriguing, I keep wondering if the mother was related to a norma or something like that.
And also Julius, what is going to happen to him, he wasnt even sad when his mother died, and it seems was only interested in power, plus what is happening to Sylvia.?
And for last; I really like Tusk, thats what I needed some straight sex...I was getting tired of all of them being lesbies.
I think I was the only one who enjoyed the snake scene lol
In other regards to Tusk, I wonder why he can't use mana, and why his parents were killed?
And why he doesnt want the norma to see him?
"It's like Tolstoy said. Happiness is an allegory, unhappiness a story"

"And the sense of tragedy-according to Aristotle.comes, ironically enough, not from the protagonist's weak points but from his good qualities. Do you know what I'm getting at? People are drawn deeper into tragedy not by their defects but by their virtues"

Kafka on the shore by Haruki Murakami...the man that was the inspiration for Sen Takatsuki

Nov 2, 2014 3:31 PM

Jul 2009
Ange was really annoying...
Nov 2, 2014 4:43 PM

Jun 2013
Rebelhero said:
HOLY SHIT. Like i literally want everyone of them to die. Except maybe the old woman, Salia and the little short haired one she rooms with.

You're more likely to get your wish than you'd think.
Nov 4, 2014 2:55 AM
Jun 2010
ex_necross said:
Rebelhero said:

You're more likely to get your wish than you'd think.

That's literally what I was thinking, like I fucking HATE Ange, and I try, I really do try to like her but I can't!
Nov 8, 2014 9:18 PM

Jun 2013
*Ange looks at her torn up uniform*

"Seems legit."

*puts it on anyway, goes about business*
Nov 18, 2014 8:05 AM

Sep 2014
art is going to shit: some of the frames looked rushed and of poor quality
I don't consider myself a good judge.

trying not to be an obnoxious otaku
Dec 9, 2014 10:56 AM

Dec 2008
Whoregoblin?

Sent with Mal Updater
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Cross Ange: Tenshi to Ryuu no Rondo Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 28, 2015

331 by jiashun02 »»
Oct 22, 2023 3:16 AM

Poll: » Cross Ange: Tenshi to Ryuu no Rondo Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 18, 2014

194 by Babieca009 »»
Aug 17, 2023 5:51 PM

Poll: » Cross Ange: Tenshi to Ryuu no Rondo Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 6, 2014

131 by FireRifle64 »»
Aug 8, 2023 1:03 AM

Poll: » Cross Ange: Tenshi to Ryuu no Rondo Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 7, 2015

285 by Nikoslovescoffee »»
Jul 17, 2023 4:24 AM

Poll: » Cross Ange: Tenshi to Ryuu no Rondo Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 28, 2015

151 by Nikoslovescoffee »»
Jul 17, 2023 3:38 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.