3It was OK
10.4%
2Disliked it
1.2%
1Hated it
3.2%
Average 4.3
431 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Oct 19, 2014 1:23 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Mm, I like the choice of OST used in this episode, very fitting.

Is it just me or am I seeing a lot of Elizabeth this episode?. I'm happy to see Diane this episode though. Her jealous rage was so funny. Gil attacks this episode as well damn. Good to see a small glimpse at some of the other Sins too in the flashback. Overall, good episode. Eh, the fight got a bit weird but I'm looking forward to what happens next time.
Oct 19, 2014 1:29 AM

Nov 2007
Duplicates... That sexcual harassment making it easy to identify the princess, though. So quick to find the next 7 sins, but the girl is so huge! So she likes Meliodas. lol @ Aoi-chan.

Mamo's character caught up. He is there to both prove his skill and avenge his father by chasing 7 sins. But actually he's not the one. Mamo's character is stronger?! Though he's not dead.

That preview adding giant girl's legs (too large that it still cannot make it chibi).
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Oct 19, 2014 3:01 AM
Nov 2011
Damn it, because of that one filler where Meliodas stole Elizabeths panties we didn´t get to see Diane doing her thing.

Also, the fight scene with Gilthunder was extended.
Nyl685Oct 19, 2014 3:13 AM
Oct 19, 2014 3:50 AM
Aug 2014
Nyl685 said:
Damn it, because of that one filler where Meliodas stole Elizabeths panties we didn´t get to see Diane doing her thing.

Also, the fight scene with Gilthunder was extended.

It really don't bother me, please be patient, guy. Next week we will see Diane doing her thing.
Great episode.
Oct 19, 2014 4:43 AM

Jan 2013
FILLERS! FILLERS EVERYWHERE!

And the scene of Diane thowing Meliodas in the ground was much better:
Forever_AOct 19, 2014 6:52 PM
Oct 19, 2014 4:56 AM
Aug 2014
Forever_A said:

Why do you hate fillers??????
Personally, they have created a plan to make 1 epidose = 2 chapters. But if the episode is only based on the content of 2 chapters, the episode will be short, not enough time required. That's why they add a bit filler.
Hey, as long as filler do not spoiler, I easily accept it. Moreover, I feel excited to see it - something have not appeared in the manga.
Oct 19, 2014 5:11 AM

Jan 2013
tcdbtbtiu13-41 said:
Forever_A said:

Personally, they have created a plan to make 1 epidose = 2 chapters. But if the episode is only based on the content of 2 chapters, the episode will be short, not enough time required. That's why they add a bit filler.
Hey, as long as filler do not spoiler, I easily accept it. Moreover, I feel excited to see it - something have not appeared in the manga.

Because I want to see a 100% faithful adaptation for once in my entire life. It's a job so easy, the studios simply have to see the manga as a storyboard and animate it. But nooo, they have to put their signatures on it.
They even modified the order of the scenes.
And that Meliodas waiting 3 hours to be cut in the back by Gilthunder? pffffff

I was so happy with the first two episodes, watching 3 times: raw, english and in my native language. But now I haven't any reason to live T_T

1/10

And you're wrong. The episode had 3 full chapters.
Forever_AOct 19, 2014 5:27 AM
Oct 19, 2014 5:50 AM
Aug 2014
Forever_A said:
tcdbtbtiu13-41 said:

Because I want to see a 100% faithful adaptation for once in my entire life. It's a job so easy, the studios simply have to see the manga as a storyboard and animate it. But nooo, they have to put their signatures on it.

I was so happy with the first two episodes, watching 3 times: raw, english and in my native language. But now I haven't any reason to live T_T

1/10

I dont understand why " Because I want to see a 100% faithful adaptation for once in my entire life. ". Your reason is not satisfied me.
Anyway, that's your oppinion and it's opposite to mine, I dont care. As long as we respect our own oppinion.s.
Ok, i'm wrong, the episode had 3 full chapters, so let me regulate my sentence "Personally, they have created a plan to make this episode only based on the content of 3 chapters. But if only based on 3 chapters, the episode will be short, not enough time required. That's why they add a bit filler."
I means in my oppinion, 100% faithful adaptation or have some filler DOES NOT AFFECT the content and I enjoy it. there is no reason a little bit filler make the content go to wrong way or change the story. ( a little bit filler add to an episode, not big filler arc or something like that ). A liitle bit filler at sometime is the reason why I want to watch anime, I want to see something, which do not appear in the manga, maybe explain the story more clearly.
But that's your oppinion, I do not intercede it, different people have their own taste .
tcdbtbtiu13-41Oct 19, 2014 5:57 AM
Oct 19, 2014 6:22 AM

Jan 2013
tcdbtbtiu13-41 said:

I dont understand why " Because I want to see a 100% faithful adaptation for once in my entire life. ". Your reason is not satisfied me.

Ok, I will try to explain better: The manga is just a bunch of motionless drawings, when we read we fill the reading with our own imagination the better we can. But this doesn't satisfy me. Doesn't matter how good a mangaka and his work are, doesn't matter if I can imaginate all the movements, colors and sounds: I want to see my imagination become true, I want to see the things happening before my eyes.
I'm a civil engineer student and when I become a professional, I want to see my drawings and calculations transforming into a construction.

And that's what an anime meaning to me. When they put fillers or change some scenes of the manga, I feel betrayed. What I dreamed isn't happening.
Well, you can say I'm a purist.
Oct 19, 2014 6:45 AM
Aug 2014
Forever_A said:
tcdbtbtiu13-41 said:

Ok, I will try to explain better: The manga is just a bunch of motionless drawings, when we read we fill the reading with our own imagination the better we can. But this doesn't satisfy me. Doesn't matter how good a mangaka and his work are, doesn't matter if I can imaginate all the movements, colors and sounds: I want to see my imagination become true, I want to see the things happening before my eyes.
I'm a civil engineer student and when I become a professional, I want to see my drawings and calculations transforming into a construction.

And that's what an anime meaning to me. When they put fillers or change some scenes of the manga, I feel betrayed. What I dreamed isn't happening.
Well, you can say I'm a purist.

That's your oppinion. I do not have right to blame it or injure it, sir . But it is right in your side.
In my side, it does not right, like that. I'm bored and tired to continue debating, lol
Everybody have their own attitudes, situations, jobs, habbit,... bla bla.... that lead to their comment about something in life.
^-^
Stop here, lol
Oct 19, 2014 8:25 AM

Oct 2013
When i have read the comments i was worried about the fillers, but after i watched the episode it was only two, and they were really good and didn't ruin anything. Also about changing the order of the flashback it was a cleaver idea to not make it boring. Only one thing they didn't show Meliodas and Gil when they were together 10 years ago.
I didn't like Dian's voice, over all great pacing and epic fight a 5/5 episode.
Oct 19, 2014 9:35 AM
May 2008
So i just watched the 3rd ep and im so hooked that i watched it in raw lol. so i didnt know much of what was going on.but it looks like gil is at a bit of a misunderstanding. diane seems pretty awesome i could tell she was fussy over liz lol. meliodas and his hentainess is awesome lol you can tell he doesnt give a fuck lol but it looks like neither does liz. im really loving this anime! im actually starting to read the manga. the fight between gil and mel wasnt too crazy but i like how meliodas just pops up at the end lol
Oct 19, 2014 10:10 AM
Jun 2014
Forever_A said:
tcdbtbtiu13-41 said:

1/10

You do realize there were variations and slight fillers in the first two episodes as well, right? Elizabeth's premonition at Bernia was not shown at the riverbed, the way the forest was introduced was modified from being some gossip Elizabeth heard to a plot hook from Mead, some of the dialogue when Meliodas saw the sword changed a bit, Meliodas' speculation on how much the Holy knight's sword was worth was dropped, we don't get the dialogue between two knights who are arguing about Gil attacking Bernia (since one knight had family there) and the mention of King Arthur did not appear either.

It just seems odd that you would not mind these minor tweaks but put your foot down on this episode for having similar variations that, while different, keeps the narrative going in the correct direction and highlighted Gilthunder's emotional state. I understand that some people were looking forward to the scenes that occur right after this episode's ending, but the filler was quite minor and allowed this episode to end without rushing these canon moments. However, I can understand being annoyed by excessive variations (poor Yumekui Merry for example) so I respect that these changes frustrated you even if they did not bother me as much.
Oct 19, 2014 11:49 AM

Aug 2010
What's with the complaining? It was a pretty perfect adaption again. Haters gotta hate <_<

Elizabeth being relieved it was Mel groping her ass was lol XD Never wastes a chance does he lol

And his "Oppai ga Ippai" lol XD Some nice orders he gave there to the clones :3

When I watched the CM I didn't like Diane's voice at all but now I thought it was pretty good :3 Liked her Yandere fits XD Dat Orarararara lol

Gil vs Mel was pretty good. Still many more better fights to come though. Hope they'll be animated well ^^

And I could hear Ban and King in the flashbacks. There was one more girlish voice...was that Gowther or Merlin I wonder?

Dat Mel troll at the end XD

BEARDED BAN NXT EP >.<!!
Oct 19, 2014 12:49 PM
Apr 2014
Nyl685 said:

What of it was filler? You do know that Meliodas did steal Elizabeths panties in the manga?
Oct 19, 2014 1:10 PM
Nov 2011
Vocah said:
What of it was filler? You do know that Meliodas did steal Elizabeths panties in the manga?
Oh right, I never noticed that.

Most of the fight against Gilthunder was still filler though. It wasn´t bad, but there could´ve been a way better cliffhanger in this episode if there were no added scenes.
Oct 19, 2014 1:12 PM

Jan 2012
I gotta admit the animation for this is very solid. Of the 19 shows I'm watching from this season I don't think any really come close to matching it in that regard. As far as this episode's content goes it was fun, though I look forward more to what is yet to come.
animefan8800Oct 19, 2014 1:15 PM
Oct 19, 2014 1:13 PM

Nov 2013
Gilthunder face in the end was priceless.

Oct 19, 2014 1:20 PM

Dec 2013
I absolutely love the OP of this show.

Other than than, very nice episode, though it had 'not a 1:1 adaptation' vibes.
Oct 19, 2014 1:42 PM

Apr 2013
animefan8800 said:
I gotta admit the animation for this is very solid. Of the 19 shows I'm watching from this season I don't think any really come close to matching it in that regard. As far as this episode's content goes it was fun, though I look forward more to what is yet to come.

watching the wrong series then.

shingeki no bahamut and fate completely outclass this

good episode. introduction of a new character and a pretty good fight
Oct 19, 2014 1:43 PM

Dec 2013
Lol this dude is getting out of hand

Stay in yesterday 時を止めて
Oct 19, 2014 2:08 PM
Aug 2013
Enjoyable episode. I like how they added fillers and adapted the manga.

Meliodas is a dirty fucker.

Can't wait for
Oct 19, 2014 2:11 PM

Feb 2013
-GODDAMNIT,Another Unfitting/Crappy Voice.........The Sins do'nt seem to be having luck with VAs

-Overall pretty good episode (Especially the OSTs)

-Can't wait for Ban
Oct 19, 2014 2:23 PM
Jul 2018
Diane is so huge. I really loved her jealous rage.

Meliodas is faking his death..that's a good one.
Oct 19, 2014 2:26 PM

May 2012
Diane's voice didn't really sound very fitting but maybe I'll get used to it. I expected it to be a wee bit more mature than this.

Not looking forward to Ban now since I see the VA voiced Makoto from Free and Haru from Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun. I expected his voice to be a bit deeper and sorta "sexier" for lack of a better word lol

Well I'll hope my expectations and excitement don't crumble come next episode or the one after the next

Oct 19, 2014 2:39 PM

Apr 2011
Very good episode. Diana seems like a crazy gal it should be interesting to see her character development. The end was funny our MC just brushed himself off saying thanks for the info :)
Oct 19, 2014 2:58 PM

Apr 2014
Hilarious episode in terms of fan service, fight could have been better animated (hopefully animation quality will improve over time). Next weeks episode is where the pacing increases I assume.

The best part of this anime is how much it feels like an adventure anime with all the new town exploring, forest exploring elements.
Oct 19, 2014 4:06 PM

Sep 2011
Hawk is the best character ever. Roasted pig here and there.
Oct 19, 2014 5:45 PM

Jun 2014
did not expect that

Oct 19, 2014 7:06 PM

Aug 2013
Melodias literally gives zero fuck. I really believed that he was badly wounded, but he just get up and jokes around with the super angry knight. But I just somehow knew that he would do something like that. He couldn't have been wounded by underestimating an adversary, that would suck.

Gotta love his boldness around Elizabeth too. Poor girl, she get more sexually harassed than Misa-chan from Kaichou wa Maid-sama...

The new character, Diana, is pretty funny. Though, I think that it would have been funnier if we didn't already knew that she was a giant. The OP already sold the joke.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Oct 19, 2014 7:37 PM

Dec 2012
The translation was bad. The fight was cool.
Oct 19, 2014 9:48 PM

May 2013
Diane~ How did Yuki Aoi portrayed you that much? Hahaha.

But holy crap! I heard some of the Sins in the flashback especially Merlin and Ban! Not to mention that the next episode will be about... 11/10 for the OST, based Sawano and good acting Melodias.
The world shall know the truth soon.
Oct 19, 2014 9:55 PM

Oct 2013
How did Meliodas take off her panties without ripping it? Magic :P
Oct 19, 2014 10:10 PM

Jul 2010
Meliodas is such a pervert xD Taking Elizabeth's panty was his strategy though :P
Meeting Diane that likes Meliodas and saw Elizabeth as a potential threat!

Gil wanting to prove his strength and revenge. The Seven Deadly Sins not being the one to kill the greatest holy knight but is conspired against!
Taking those blows to get the information regarding the others ^^
Oct 19, 2014 10:28 PM

Oct 2013
Benphyre said:
Lol this dude is getting out of hand

I haven't watch the episode yet, but tell me, that's not how the quality looks in the actual episode, right? Because that looks terrible.
Oct 19, 2014 10:42 PM
Jul 2014
Diane seems like a nice addition to the team. Shes so gigantic.
Meliodas fooled me for a second there. Thought it was serious, and then he gets back up right after he hears the info lol
Oct 19, 2014 11:22 PM
Nov 2013
Lol, pervy Meliodas. Kaiji Yuki plays that kind of character perfectly.

Diane is so adorable! Haven't heard Aoi Yuki in a while.

The fight scene between Gilthunder and Meliodas was so bad ass and the OST fit so well. The ending had me scared but thank god for the after credits scene.

Great episode. Keep up the good work A-1 Pictures!
Oct 19, 2014 11:49 PM

Jun 2013
XD MELIODAS!!! Read the Mood will you. Lol he really was perverted on before things got serious in manga. we aren't seeing this Meliodas much in the manga anymore. ...that scene with Elizabeth...>.< Meliodas....give them back.

He is freaking enjoying those Elizabeth monster situation!!! God dammit this is really getting humor of the manga well done!
(subs still are in some points bad it seems though)

Enter the Diane!!! XD One of the Amazing Nanatsu no Taizai: Envy's Sin of the Snake!!!!
Diana/Diane's Seiyuu...Is OK I think but does it fit to the Girl Giant? That is dependable and Arguable situation. though after the beginning moments it start sound better.

Loved the extreme reaction of her tough. Lol! Damn if it haven't been anyone else than Meliodas they would have been dead!! XD

Loved the scene where we saw All Sins in their Armor more in manga.
..."I am Stronger that any of the Deadly Sins"...wasn't that the signal.?
Awesome fight...START!

well one of the best small scale one-to-one battles of the entire series.

JarjaxleOct 20, 2014 12:37 AM
Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival.~Winston Churchill

"Fate of the universe will be Decided as it SHOULD be, in MORTAL KOMBAT!" ~Elder Gods

"Justice WILL Prevail?" "But OF COURSE IT WILL!! WHOEVER WINS, BECOMES THE JUSTICE!!!" ~Donquixote Doflamingo (King, Pirate, Shichibukai, Philosopher(?) (One Piece))
Oct 19, 2014 11:50 PM

Dec 2011
I guess Gilthunder is still below Melodias in power levels. Can't wait to see if this fight continues.

It was nice to see the truth, they were pretty much was set up on the murder that is why they are being purged.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 20, 2014 12:00 AM
Oct 2010
Pretty good episode, another show that seems to be flying under the radar. I guess UBW and PP have people star struck or something..
Oct 20, 2014 12:18 AM

Oct 2014
a giant Yandere crushing on a pervy shorty...
Imagine all that can happen :D

Also, what were those Words he rememberd? they weren't translated......
Oct 20, 2014 12:31 AM

Sep 2010
Cliffhanger.. Why you do this.

We all know he's not dead. But I want to know how he's not dead. Mann.

Usually I don't like fan service, but the panty thing was pretty funny.. Who cares if it was a filler.
Oct 20, 2014 12:51 AM

Jun 2010
Shrimperor said:

Also, what were those Words he rememberd? they weren't translated......

"Captain..... Sorry....."
Oct 20, 2014 12:54 AM

Nov 2012
wait, how old is meliodas lol?
demon race?
IF YOU LIKE DEATH PARADE, GO WATCH BARTENDER!!!
my animesongs chord thread : here bro
Oct 20, 2014 1:09 AM

Aug 2013
Gilthunder's face in the end made me laugh out loud XD! Good job, Meliodas!
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Oct 20, 2014 2:52 AM

Jan 2011
Oh man, finally seeing and hearing Diane animated is so great. Love her voice and her tsundere ways. xD The 'stealing Elizabeth's panties' part was pretty funny. Meliodas is such a pervert. However, that was actually to outsmart the imps. :P Man, did I hear Ban's voice during that flashback?! Holy hell, I can't wait till he makes his official appearance. The Meliodas vs Gilthunder fight was pretty cool. Of course, Meliodas still ends up surviving somehow. xD Overall another great episode; also lovin' the OST~ :D
Oct 20, 2014 5:07 AM

Mar 2013
I like the anime for the moment but I hope they will calm down with the fanservice
Oct 20, 2014 5:32 AM

May 2009
FenixDragon43 said:
Cliffhanger.. Why you do this.

We all know he's not dead. But I want to know how he's not dead. Mann.

Christ, watch WHOLE episode, there is scene after credits, you impatient kid
Oct 20, 2014 5:47 AM

Jun 2014
ok, no idea what to expect since i haven't read the manga, but i'm definitely interested. so far, so good.
:3
Oct 20, 2014 6:48 AM

May 2010
I seriously hate Mel now.

We aren't Seikishi, we are SEKUSHI if you get what I mean.

I liked what Diane did there. She reminds me of Bouquet from Blue Dragon tbh. Also of Juvia... Man, this ain't gonna be good if she is reminding me of Juvia already.

Seeing Mel on the ground made me happy tbh. Coming from him, knew it would be just an act. Too OP, too OP.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nanatsu no Taizai Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 5, 2014

327 by Klumbdolt »»
Apr 22, 1:02 PM

Poll: » Nanatsu no Taizai Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Mar 22, 2015

175 by SilverHawk13 »»
Apr 11, 11:29 PM

Poll: » Nanatsu no Taizai Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 2, 2014

114 by borodino21 »»
Apr 7, 12:41 PM

Poll: » Nanatsu no Taizai Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 26, 2014

143 by borodino21 »»
Apr 7, 12:07 PM

» Do people actually like this? (Spoilers)

infinite_Shadows - Mar 14

30 by _Krypteia_ »»
Mar 23, 8:25 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.