Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Parasyte
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (12) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 » ... Last »
Oct 9, 2014 9:35 AM
Aug 2014
Amazing! Flawless animation and great music. I especially like Haruka Nanase's voice actor voicing Shinichi.
Oct 9, 2014 9:42 AM
Jul 2018
Very good start and very good rating already. I'm hoping for this to be the best in the season.
I was not expecting those first seconds...quite an impact.
Migi is weirdly cute and I already like him. xD
Oct 9, 2014 9:44 AM
Jul 2014
This anime is definitely right up my alley! No censorship, great animation (that's to be expected in most EP1s, but it's Madhouse so...) liking the OST so far too. Plus it will be 2-cours? Hyped!
Oct 9, 2014 9:50 AM

Sep 2013
THANK YOU BASED MADHOUSE! :)

Op and Ed were good, full metal/rock then mellow balled.

The paraytes don't feel empathy? a doomed species :(
Oct 9, 2014 9:56 AM

Feb 2008
Madhouse delivers yet again with another nice adaptation (although this is only the 1st episode), with yet again brilliant animation.
I think my only complain was with Migi's voice. I always imagined it to have a more serious (male ish) voice.
Oct 9, 2014 10:06 AM

Mar 2014
This is show is pretty awesome
Oct 9, 2014 10:10 AM

Mar 2012
I'm so, so glad they didn't censor this anime. Really looking forward to the next episodes and I hope they don't alter too many things from the manga.
Oct 9, 2014 10:49 AM

Mar 2008
Wow, that was great. I actually love the Parasyte in his hand, it's voice is pretty nice

Also the OP sounds badass
Oct 9, 2014 10:54 AM
May 2008
The voice of the Parasite reminds me of Ojama-Yellow but I don't want to think further of this

The parasite is cute. Shinichi is cute. The girls are cute. THAT OST DAMN *-----* It's so good and I really like the opening too

Gore is good. Realistic amount of blood (or more realistic idk) and the parasites look gross when transforming (if the eyes weren't so darn adorable).
Haruka-SDJan 16, 2017 12:02 PM
Oct 9, 2014 10:58 AM
Jul 2012
I love it! Definitely a good recommendation :D I can't stop reading the manga after reading the 1st chapter and after watching the anime hahah!
Oct 9, 2014 10:59 AM

Jun 2013
This is awesome! The hype is real :)

Dat OP tho!!!
Oct 9, 2014 11:12 AM

Jan 2014
The first episode was really amazing, i didn't read the manga so i didn't know it was this good.
Can't wait for the next episodes.
Oct 9, 2014 11:21 AM
Jul 2018
Let's hope they won't censor/remove/ignore the:

Amazing adaptation by Madhouse otherwise, the new character art is really a big plus as well. I remember I hated Murano on the early (20ish) chapters until her art got improved, heh.
Oct 9, 2014 11:29 AM

Sep 2012
Well done Madhouse, everything was great. I love the gore theme of this anime (That's why I wanna watch this)
Awesome OP and I really like the ED. I don't like the dubstep OST because it doesn't go with the theme, but I guess it sounds more awesome listening to dubstep on fighting scenes.
Hirano Aya did a great job of voicing Migi. Shimazaki's nerdy type voice matches the character of Shinichi.
Really great episode. I wanna watch more, can't wait till next week.
Oct 9, 2014 11:55 AM

May 2013
B-but the hand is really cute '~'
Oct 9, 2014 12:03 PM
Jun 2014
Dubstep... Is... Really... Awesome.
The transform animation is really good.
Looking forward this anime. Hope it'll be great.
Oct 9, 2014 12:29 PM

Dec 2013
This was a pretty good start, hopefully it can keep up the quality.

I really needed that bit of weirdness in this season and this show delivers.
Oct 9, 2014 12:32 PM

Apr 2009
Read the manga recently, this will be a tough anime to watch.

Pros:
Good animation for the fights.
Designs are mostly ok.

Undecided:
Rearranging the order of events.

Cons:
Moving the setting to the modern age was unneeded.
The entire OST + OP + ED is unfitting. I expected something akin to Monster.
CGI...
The boob grab...

I need a lot more time to get a good opinion on this.
NidhoeggrOct 9, 2014 12:39 PM
Steel Ball Run anime when?
Oct 9, 2014 12:34 PM
Mar 2014
WOW, this caught me by surprise.

Pretty good first episode.
Oct 9, 2014 12:38 PM

Apr 2014
Nidhoeggr said:

Pros:
Designs are mostly ok.

Undecided:

Cons:
CGI...

Surprised you didn't say anything about that boob grab.
Oct 9, 2014 12:38 PM

Apr 2009
Z4k said:
Nidhoeggr said:

Pros:
Designs are mostly ok.

Undecided:

Cons:
CGI...

I decided to ignore that with all my might...
Steel Ball Run anime when?
Oct 9, 2014 12:50 PM

Jan 2008
Surprised to see Aya Hirano voicing 'it'.

Anyways, this show looks amazing so far but I've never been really good with this kind of gore and such, this show will either desensitize me towards it or be too much for me.
Oct 9, 2014 12:51 PM

Sep 2013
Nidhoeggr said:
Z4k said:

I can sort of see what they were thinking when they put that in since in the manga he touches someone awkwardly too, however by today's standards it wouldn't lead to him being called a pervert at all so they changed it to a boob grab... Still.. wish they were at least more original with it. Make his hand move up and down her side or something, not the boob grab trope... Still it makes sense since Migi just wanted to study the anatomy of humans (Hence why he was looking it up in class) so I excuse it... Though won't praise it.
Oct 9, 2014 1:13 PM

Sep 2011
Damn that was an awesome first episode. This is looking to be one of the best anime of the year. We got Parasyte and FS/N both airing at the same time, this month is going to be awesome.

Also I really freaking want the OST that was playing on the preview at the end of the episode.
Oct 9, 2014 1:14 PM

Nov 2012
Best Fall 14' episode I've seen so far besides FSN ep 0..

Music and the creepy atmosphere mixed into daily life is really well done. Along with the mystery of what those alien things are and our MC having to come to terms with it. Lets see if the anime can keep up the good work.
Oct 9, 2014 1:40 PM

Apr 2014
My god that was amazing. That car stopping scene reminded me of twilight LOL. I laughed at the dubstep soundtrack at first but holy shit they made it work. I wasn't expecting to like a horror series so much but crap, Kiseijuu is great.
Oct 9, 2014 1:40 PM

Apr 2014
Keten said:
Nidhoeggr said:

I can sort of see what they were thinking when they put that in since in the manga he touches someone awkwardly too, however by today's standards it wouldn't lead to him being called a pervert at all so they changed it to a boob grab... Still.. wish they were at least more original with it. Make his hand move up and down her side or something, not the boob grab trope... Still it makes sense since Migi just wanted to study the anatomy of humans (Hence why he was looking it up in class) so I excuse it... Though won't praise it.

Maybe its just me but I think that scene would've been forgivable if it was the ass instead of the boobs lol.
Oct 9, 2014 1:44 PM

Apr 2014
Haven't read the manga or anything but it was probably a boob because Shinichi's body didnt have boobs and Migi was curious about it.
Oct 9, 2014 1:46 PM

Sep 2013
Z4k said:
Keten said:

Maybe its just me but I think that scene would've been forgivable if it was the ass instead of the boobs lol.

I agree. I think the only reason it seems bad to us is because it's so overused is all. It's a minor gripe, nothing show breaking. lol
Oct 9, 2014 2:19 PM

Mar 2014
I've read the manga a year or two ago and I really loved it because of the overall theme of coexistence of humans and another intelligent species. I was glad to see in the opening Shin without his glasses that he didn't wear in the manga, we also see his more manly hair style.

But if I recall correctly, they've changed the order of events right? This is nothing new for anime adoptions, even MAL's number one anime FMAB had a filler episode as first ep.
I really hope though they won't skip the content of the very first chapter; certain very interesting question about mankind which made me love this manga in the first place.
Oct 9, 2014 2:21 PM

Sep 2010
... That was disturbing...... I don't know what else to say. It was amazing, but disgusting. I think the dog is what pushed it over the edge for me.

I always thought I'd prefer no censors, but hmm..... Maybe some censoring is good sometimes.

Still a solid 9-10/10. Really impressed.
Oct 9, 2014 2:43 PM

May 2014
Wow, this is looking very promising! I'm definitely gonna enjoy this anime, can't wait to see more!
Oct 9, 2014 3:15 PM

Aug 2011
I found it disturbing but the presentation was kinda stupid to me. It seems I'm the only one here :S

In either case, the animation was amazing and the "horror" parts were great as well. Surely one of the things I'll pick this season.

» Escapism.

Oct 9, 2014 3:31 PM

Jul 2014
this anime is disgusting....in a good way
that right hand is so adorable I'm gonna die of kawaii overload
Oct 9, 2014 3:40 PM

Jan 2008
FenixDragon43 said:
... That was disturbing...... I don't know what else to say. It was amazing, but disgusting. I think the dog is what pushed it over the edge for me.

I always thought I'd prefer no censors, but hmm..... Maybe some censoring is good sometimes.

Still a solid 9-10/10. Really impressed.

No, censorship is always bad.
Oct 9, 2014 3:44 PM

Apr 2011
Good start, no censorship, and interesting characters. Definitely a must-watch this season.

No idea why people are complaining about the boob grab ... MAL users will find any excuse to gripe I guess.
Oct 9, 2014 3:54 PM

Jul 2013
brilliant 1st episode. i was hooked. also, it was refreshing that there wasn't much censorship
Oct 9, 2014 4:05 PM

Aug 2010
Pretty good first episode.
Oct 9, 2014 4:10 PM

Sep 2013
great first episode

Oct 9, 2014 4:11 PM
Jul 2018
Blind_Guardian said:
Good start, no censorship, and interesting characters. Definitely a must-watch this season.

No idea why people are complaining about the boob grab ... MAL users will find any excuse to gripe I guess.

It's MAL we're talking about... They would even try to find the pavement design an excuse to gripe, heck they would even call it a harem just because it has female characters in.
Oct 9, 2014 4:19 PM

Sep 2014
Keten said:
Z4k said:

I agree. I think the only reason it seems bad to us is because it's so overused is all. It's a minor gripe, nothing show breaking. lol

one scene is not enough to ruin a show unless your some kind of person who just likes hating on things

it's just that there overused like you said nothing to big.
Oct 9, 2014 4:58 PM

Jan 2013
Amazing first episode. Great animation, and most importantly no heavy censorship.
Oct 9, 2014 5:28 PM

Jan 2008
Best non-sequel season I've seen yet this fall.
Oct 9, 2014 5:43 PM
Oct 2012
I have the similar feeling when i watch tokyo ghoul first episode.
MAny of fan like it but will Kiseiju keep this possitive attitude till the end?
By the way, the OST sounds great
Oct 9, 2014 5:56 PM

Jul 2013
This was great! I'm looking forward to more!
Oct 9, 2014 7:05 PM

Feb 2012
That was Amazing! 5/5
Also that OP.
Oct 9, 2014 7:32 PM

Jul 2010
I wasn't expecting to like this, so I'm really surprised that I did.
Felt a bit rushed, but the simplicity of the main character is refreshing.
Oct 9, 2014 7:49 PM

Nov 2012
This doesn't even feel like the manga, the overall tone was completely changed, although the series does tend to get a bit darker since the beginning starts off a bit as a comedy then slowly progresses into something really dark as they introduce more characters and present the theme the manga was throwing. I hope they don't change other things that may hurt the realism the manga had.
RX-782Oct 9, 2014 7:54 PM
Oct 9, 2014 8:08 PM

Jul 2012
Probably my favorite opening of this season and the art/animation is really good. I held off on the manga specifically because when I wanted to get into it I heard there was this adaptation coming. I'll probably go back and read it, but so far it looks like I was right to place my trust in Madhouse. A lot of good looking series this season
Oct 9, 2014 8:13 PM

Jul 2012
LOAD said:
Haven't read the manga or anything but it was probably a boob because Shinichi's body didnt have boobs and Migi was curious about it.

Interestingly enough, I read the corresponding chapters, and it wasn't a boob or even ass...........it was her shoulder. It's an older manga, so maybe japan was a little more conservative during the 90s, but I'm assuming that it was changed into a boob so it actually made sense when she got offended.
Pages (12) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kiseijuu: Sei no Kakuritsu Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 4, 2015

381 by yarwe »»
Yesterday, 1:21 PM

Poll: » Kiseijuu: Sei no Kakuritsu Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

bastek66 - Mar 25, 2015

656 by crousu »»
May 1, 4:05 PM

Poll: » Kiseijuu: Sei no Kakuritsu Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 11, 2015

377 by yarwe »»
May 1, 3:09 PM

» Netfix - Parasyte: The Grey A Korean Live-Action series

sarahak - Aug 24, 2022

24 by Elfezen »»
Apr 23, 1:19 AM

» [SPOILERS] Parasyte: The Grey, Post-watch discussion thread

JVskunkape - Apr 13

0 by JVskunkape »»
Apr 13, 11:55 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.