Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Oct 4, 2014 12:18 PM

Mar 2013
At least it's better than Gundam Age.
Oct 4, 2014 12:36 PM

Jun 2013
dat scene when Bellri shot the captain
remain me scene from gundam seed when kira kill athrun fren in the beach just before he gets freedom strike
Oct 4, 2014 3:29 PM

Mar 2012
What are those cuts while characters are talking? Because the earth... what? pew pew wtf
And that reaction from the pirate hime at the end was so out of place.
Oct 4, 2014 5:28 PM

Sep 2014
Good episode.

Oct 4, 2014 8:06 PM

Apr 2011
I don't always have prisoners

but when I do

I let them roam free with civilians/students and let them follow us into the hangar where we put their own captured mechas while their allies are attacking us

:^)

anyway, it still has terribad pacing.
Oct 4, 2014 8:46 PM

Nov 2012
I feel like the show is actually going a bit slow for me, just because someone died that meant a lot to one of the main characters doesn't mean the pacing is moving faster than the speed of light we might even see more about that situation later on.
We still don't even know the situation going on or if there's an active war going on at hand, and what exactly these pirates are up to.
I don't even get what the hell people mean by "awkward" and "useless" dialogue.
Oct 4, 2014 9:31 PM

Sep 2011
Valaskjalf said:
I don't always have prisoners

but when I do

I let them roam free with civilians/students and let them follow us into the hangar where we put their own captured mechas while their allies are attacking us

:^)

anyway, it still has terribad pacing.
Welcome to gundam, where stealing a gundam is easy as fuck

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Oct 4, 2014 10:29 PM
Oct 2009
My only problem with the episode was that the mech didn't explode afterward.
Oct 4, 2014 10:56 PM

Feb 2012
The retro's nice but hope it doesn't go in the direction toward 3D like parts of the first episode, the shapes of the mobile suits themselves are becoming more oval ew.
Oct 5, 2014 12:41 AM

Mar 2013
Will this series have a Haro that can rival the awesomenss found in that of Victory Gundams? Doubt it, but one can hope. So far the series it going good. I like the characters, and the voices sound fine to me. Maybe I'm just used to it, having seen pretty much every Gundam, but the pacing does not seem bad to me at all. It seems quick, and not pointlessly waiting around. I very rarely watch anime while it aires (Read: only done it once before.) but this season, I am watching this and Fate/Stay Night: UBW. Man, I hope I don't regret it.
Oct 5, 2014 2:51 AM

Aug 2013
Humm.. at last this episode was better than the first one but I don't really like it//
Oct 5, 2014 9:09 AM

Apr 2009
there is some sloppy directing here and there, but overall pretty good! The art continues to be fantastic. I love the characters and their voices already. Good animation and good pacing.
Oct 5, 2014 9:16 AM

Nov 2012
I really can't help but find Raraiya to be a lot cuter than Aida.
Oct 5, 2014 2:56 PM

Feb 2012
Ugh I don't know what to make of this. I really like the art style. Very reminiscent of the old series. But christ is it rushed and just plain goofy. I know it's meant for a younger audience, but ehh I might end up dropping it.
Oct 5, 2014 3:52 PM
The Destroyer.
Feb 2013
So, I take it that Aida might be some princess in disguise, similar to Cagalli.
Oct 5, 2014 7:42 PM

Dec 2008
So far, I dislike every character that I've seen.

Sent with Mal Updater
Oct 5, 2014 7:44 PM

Sep 2011
Hutchens said:
Will this series have a Haro that can rival the awesomenss found in that of Victory Gundams?
No haro will top victory gundam haro, V gundam may be widely considered as the worst entry in the series but even those that label it so have to admit, the haro was fucking awesome

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Oct 5, 2014 8:29 PM

Jul 2009
Pretty good episode, but man they skipped a lot of animations.

Like when the building got cut off, they didn't showed the building collapsing or Bellri and Aida dodging it or not.

Lol they showed older Gundams from UC era. I saw Rick Diaz and Hyaku Shiki :)

And wow they pulled some Zeta moments towards the last scene. I want more of that!

Can't wait for the next episode! This is getting good!!
Oct 6, 2014 1:59 AM

Jun 2014
Classic Tomino Gundam. All that's missing is a charismatic mask wearing antagonist I'm loving this!
Oct 6, 2014 3:25 AM

Jan 2011
ex_necross said:
People like me who love old school anime are definitely in for a treat. It's a shame some kids can't handle it.

Some of the dialogue was meh, but that's just Tomino for you.

Oh yeah and also I love how un-fanservicy the fanservice was. Fully clothed normal looking butt. This show wins a lot of points for that alone. Sick of cow tits and massive asses in my face when watching anime.
fully agree! =)
Oct 6, 2014 7:01 AM

Nov 2011
4/5

The same confusion I felt in this episode, maybe "shoot" two episode of Reconguista, it was not a good idea! Ahahahah XD
I confirm what I said earlier, very beautiful environments and to my liking the drawings, the costume design, the Color Design etc etc.
The characters even just mentioned are well distinguishable in terms of graphics and everything is good, we remember best.
Oct 6, 2014 8:00 AM

Nov 2013
So far I don't really like these 2 episodes. These episodes really hard to take seriously, dialogues are seem to be pretty weird for me, annoying cheerleader girls, annoying pink haired girl, and irrational actions of some characters (they should've tied Aida or restrain her somehow after they took her from prison but they just let her be. oh and also raraiya, she doesn't get proper treatment as a prisoner -.-), and I don't like the MC.

But that being said, usually gundam series need many episodes to become actually good. Well, I'll just have to wait and see.
Oct 6, 2014 9:23 AM
Apr 2011
Meh. This show is messy. The only decent characters in this show is Bellri and Luin Lee(their actions seem logical)...Everyone else is acting in a weird sort of way especially the government. They have a space pirate and an amnesiac mysterious girl and they let teens handle them. Then there was a high profile conference and they didn't use their Rectens to guard the place from air raids. They would rather wait until the enemy is in the firing range before they use their mobile suits. And what's with the cheerleaders? Why the hell do they need cheerleaders? It doesn't make any sense at all. The worse part is, the character designs are wasted because of the choppy animation.
Oct 6, 2014 1:30 PM

Aug 2011
This is amazing.

» Escapism.

Oct 6, 2014 6:09 PM

Jan 2011
found this better than the first, i think this show is doing what it wants and it's doing it right with this being more targeted towards those old school gundam fans,having said that i'm still enjoying it and i wanna see were the story goes even if the dialogue still seems like the weirdest part of it so far.
Oct 7, 2014 5:22 AM
Jan 2013
Tomino delivers. His style is something that cannot suit for everyone's taste - but these 2 episodes were exactly like his original style which I missed for so long.
Oct 7, 2014 8:27 AM

Aug 2010
6.8 rating.

Stay classy, MAL.

But seriously, the only thing wrong with this show is the choppy animation, so far. It's basically Turn A Gundam in terms of art design and the mood of the story. And I loved Turn A.
Signatures Suck
Oct 7, 2014 8:37 AM

Aug 2011
Freshie said:
6.8 rating.

Stay classy, MAL.

But seriously, the only thing wrong with this show is the choppy animation, so far. It's basically Turn A Gundam in terms of art design and the mood of the story. And I loved Turn A.
'

I must confess the animation is weird... yet enjoyable.

» Escapism.

Oct 7, 2014 5:43 PM

Sep 2011
Freshie said:
6.8 rating.

Stay classy, MAL.

for starters mal scores mean nothing when its just starting out let alone when they are airing altogether, secondly theres problems with this show other than animation, animation actually looks quite fluid in many points especially this episode, the problems lie more in its poor directing and pacing as well as tomino's dialogue being a bit worse than it usually is, people are probably and understandably off put by its sloppy scene transitions and of course the most glaring gap in logic of
"hey heres this mentally unstable amnesiac who can only utter a letter that we found in a giant unknown mech that just attacked us.....lets put her in the hands of teenagers". its only a matter of time until they bring in newtypes and people will merely see it as a asspull, which in all actuality is kind of hard to forget that it does come straight the fuck out of nowhere in 079(unless you watch the movies which properly introduces the idea early on) and in about every regard qualifies as one. Though if they outright ignore newtypes ill be a happy camper

This series has alot of potential and this episode showed improvements over its generally pretty poorly executed first episode, the way the last scene was done sets up alot of potential chaarcter development and the fatc the series didnt force berril to get into the gundam so we actually see more of the world from the perspective of a foot "student/soldier" adds alot more to the world. Issues with tomino aside I generally have faith he'll pull this off, but this is FAR from flawless, if anything this is gonna have to be the typical tomino fair where your enjoyment is going to rest entirely on how much your willing to forgive its misteps, kind of like the kammile and four situation, one half of people are going to be able to forgive its rushed and borderline abrupt romance inf avor of what its doing to kammile's character development while the other half are going to get stuck on how lazily it was presented and set up making it hard for them to take the events and character development spawned from it seriously.

anyhow the series is only just starting up and there is barely anything there to say if this will be a zeta or a garzeys wing, if the reaction is negative at first them over time it will improve if the show does as well, if it doesnt then that is something worthy of criticism
JizzyHitlerOct 7, 2014 5:53 PM

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Oct 9, 2014 9:29 AM

Jan 2011
the animations look good so far, but the story telling part is quite bad, some characters act very weird/unlogic, Bellri as the main hero is unlikable too

looking at the mecha designs, they seem to target the younger children viewer...
Oct 10, 2014 9:06 AM

Feb 2012
Hit that ass!

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Oct 11, 2014 5:43 PM

Jul 2014
The world is unbelievably beautiful and complex. I love alien environments, and beginnings, where you are just thrown in the middle of events, are my favourite, but I have trouble with this show.
Characters think... differently, perhaps, so it's hard to empathise. And the scenes change so fast and choppily, that it's hard to keep track.

But that's my first Gundam, and I like newer anime... I guess, I am not the intended audience.
I respect immensely their decision to make show for the old-school fans, but on the other hand, I am a bit sad that it doesn't draw me in the Gundam series, as I hoped.
Oct 11, 2014 7:41 PM

Feb 2013
Slingshot to the butt... lol

klaymore said:
the animations look good so far, but the story telling part is quite bad, some characters act very weird/unlogic, Bellri as the main hero is unlikable too

looking at the mecha designs, they seem to target the younger children viewer...
I couldn't have said it better myself. Still, action should be decent enough for me to keep watching.
Oct 20, 2014 5:10 PM

Jun 2008
Seeing how ridiculous things went i must bet Tomino is the one doing the show. After watching lots of Gundam i realized the guy just can't keep anything sensible.
He is just "whatever". I really don't know how he managed the first Mobile Suit Gundam story. I bet it was because it was he first and was still acting a little on a leash. After that he went full retard and never came back.

As about the art style. Hmm..Yes it might remind old artwork at times but i think it's worst. In the old times things looked like they looked because that was what they could do. But for their time the artwork was still serious and detailed. Now it's just childish really. When i watch the old shows i don't feel the old artwork makes them childish but with this one it really feels that way.
I am no fun of this attempt at all.

Anyway am disappointed. Another Gundam show that seems mostly for kids. When are we gonna get another great Gundam series i wonder.
MonadOct 20, 2014 5:21 PM
Oct 20, 2014 5:13 PM

Sep 2013
Monad said:
Anyway am dissapointed. Another Gundam show that seems mostly for kids. When are you gonna get another great Gundam series i wonder.

Tomino said it was for kids before it aired. And didn't we just finish Unicorn? Plus, isn't The Origin coming out next year?
Oct 20, 2014 5:18 PM

Jun 2008
NebulaC3I said:
Monad said:
Anyway am dissapointed. Another Gundam show that seems mostly for kids. When are you gonna get another great Gundam series i wonder.

Tomino said it was for kids before it aired. And didn't we just finish Unicorn? Plus, isn't The Origin coming out next year?

But Unicorn was an OVA with an annoying waiting between each episode. I want a TV series with like 50 episodes or something.
I guess i have to wait for that Origin thing to see if i get my wish.
Oct 20, 2014 5:25 PM

Sep 2013
Monad said:
NebulaC3I said:

But Unicorn was an OVA with an annoying waiting between each episode. I want a TV series with like 50 episodes or something.
I guess i have to wait for that Origin thing to see if i get my wish.

I think The Origin is supposed to be OVA too. But, you're right, it would be nice to have an entire series targeted towards older audiences. Though seeing that we've had three shows in a row directed at children (AGE, Build Fighters, Reco), Sunrise might have moved on and only plan to satisfy the older fans with OVAs set in the UC timeline.
Oct 20, 2014 6:27 PM

Mar 2013
Origin is an OVA.

I'm not so keen on Tomino doing something 50 episodes long. Unicorn's the right length; long enough to be interesting but short enough to have cinematic level animation quality.
Oct 21, 2014 6:48 AM

Jun 2008
fst said:
Origin is an OVA.

I'm not so keen on Tomino doing something 50 episodes long. Unicorn's the right length; long enough to be interesting but short enough to have cinematic level animation quality.

Who said anything about Tomino? I might seem like a sacrilegious bastard to the Gundam lore fans but to me the guy should just stay away. Enough with treating the guy like a God. His past his expiration date and God knows he made a lot of stupid Gundam series like ZZ that didn't do anything but hurt the universe of Gundam.
There are many new talented people. Let someone else do it and the overly attached Tomino fans can scream all they like.
For example who made and directed those IGLOO stories? Those were great and as i am aware Tomino wasn't the one who made those stories. Let those guys to a series.
Jul 6, 2015 6:41 PM

Jun 2012
Are we seeing psychoframes already?
May 26, 2016 3:51 PM
Jun 2010
The thing that stands out, like in the first episode, is the attention to small things. Little things like the open door of that plane shaking in the wind, the way the characters standing on the backseat of the Chicken walker things are not illuminated by it's headlights, and so on make it seem very organic.
Usually in anime things remain static unless an action is happening, you see these effects only when they're on focus of a scene, not in the background like this. It is a really nice touch.

Lol at that cut away from Bellri and Aida discussing politics, but still cut back right in time to see him getting slapped. I guess the writers didn't feel like coming up with Bellri's counterargument.
Capital City does seem pretty fishy. It seems the Pirates/Ameria think they're hogging resources. And at the same time, they're hastly building an army. Not to mention the Priest and Colonel Cumpa obviously know a lot more than they're letting out. And as we see Bellri with a pirate pilot suit in the Ending, it's pretty obvious where this is going.
One thing I notice is that the whole Capital Territory choosing to expand their Guard into an Army reminds me of the recent talks about remilitarization in Japan. I wonder if this will be discussed further in this series or if it was just a coincidence/throwaway line.

Aida is stunning. I didn't realize how beautiful she was in the first episode. Bellri and Noredo are getting annoying though. Manny was also fun, I thought she was going to be just background, but she has a pilot suit on in the ending. And as her boyfriend is the resident Char clone, I guess the gang will split up soon, Bellri (and probably Noredo) becoming a Pirate and Luin and Manny staying Capital soldiers.

I'm not finding the events hard to follow at all. And Noredo aside I don't think the characters act stupid. And there's stuff you guys complain I don't have issues with. For example, Aida wasn't left to do what her wanted, the Capital Guard cadets were instructed to take her with them. That's actually the right call, if she is the goal of the attacking force you don't want to leave her in one place they can easily storm in. If anything they were stupid not to restrain Aida inside Hangar 25, but there were 2 guard guys there and one of them was operating the crane lifting Bellri. It's an acceptable mistake, if still a dumb one. I've seen Gundam pull far worse retard balls with characters that were supposedly experient soldiers.
Caio_EstevesMay 26, 2016 4:13 PM
Nov 13, 2017 1:53 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
small battle on earth in this second episode, with an interesting dead!!!
Bell is a nice pilot!!!
Jan 4, 2019 5:19 PM

Dec 2015
The more I hear Bellri, the more he sounds like a slightly older Uso (Victory).
Yeah, for Tomino's dialogue quirks! Seriously, last episode was okay in that regard but this one got a inappropriate sentence in the middle of a dialogue, uuf ! It wouldn't be Tomino otherwise. (actually, one little sentence is nothing compared to what I was used to froom the guy's bad days.)

It still looks great but there are now some ugly faces here and there. It could not go on, right? -_-

So, there is a conflict around the control of energy distribution/production? Interesting, but it looks like we won't get a real grasp on the situation before a few episodes...
Plus Bellri and Aida have very close irises? Estranged family?

4/5 Please, Tomino, dont forget that you won't have 50episodes !

@CodeBlazeFate It's good to see the good old technology we are used to ! (ex: Zeta's flying "boards")
Rei_IIIJan 4, 2019 5:42 PM
Jan 23, 2021 2:58 PM

Aug 2017
I don't know where did the designs for those "walking chickens" come from but they surely give off some Macross vibe...or Star Wars? Or maybe just some other popular 2-legged mecha. Anyway, they're cool.

Looks like the "Iris Sign" is the key to Bellri being able to open G-Self.

Old mobile suits thrown in for good measure :3 And even more old visual quirks (including the colored Newtype-ish background during slowmo). The new designs are good too (I especially like the pirate ones)

I stan the slingshot girl.

"Stumbling into the wall" gag gave me Turn A flashbacks. And that giant shell breaking a lantern reminded of of F91.

Interesting that Bellri refers to himself as "boku". Though it pretty much fits his behaviour.

No idea how is this show "a mess" or "hard to follow". I've enjoyed those 2 episodes and the ED fills me with happiness.
St0rmbladeJan 23, 2021 3:15 PM
Nov 30, 2023 2:14 AM

Jul 2017
The walking things they use to travel look a lot like the WaDoms from turn a gundam.
Loved the reference at the old suits like Rick Dias, kapool and the Zaku II.
Overall an interesting episode, the action was good and also the animation.
''Touch the darkness inside me''
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gundam: G no Reconguista Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 2, 2014

153 by KiroTheAssassin »»
Jan 20, 6:28 PM

Poll: » Gundam: G no Reconguista Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2015

91 by Neemesis_2 »»
Dec 6, 2023 2:49 AM

Poll: » Gundam: G no Reconguista Episode 25 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 19, 2015

29 by Neemesis_2 »»
Dec 6, 2023 2:17 AM

Poll: » Gundam: G no Reconguista Episode 24 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 12, 2015

26 by Neemesis_2 »»
Dec 6, 2023 1:45 AM

Poll: » Gundam: G no Reconguista Episode 23 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 5, 2015

22 by Neemesis_2 »»
Dec 5, 2023 2:59 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.