Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Sep 28, 2014 6:27 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Lol so after all that, the spotlight went to someone who wasn't expected. Well, it was a fast episode but they wrapped it up well.

Oh and that wrestling move or position looks painful. Seriously, damn.
Sep 28, 2014 7:40 AM

Dec 2011
That first contest was going so well until Ikumi opened her mouth, and tore the whole thing apart. Kaori cancelled it, though, and started a new one instead.

Rino trying her hardest. She's not doing very well, but she does get Yuuki's one.

Despite all their efforts, the victory ended up going to Yamanaka, beating competition from... just about every other female character in the entire series.

Volume 1 of the light novel is currently awaiting a couple of volumes of Tsurugi no Joou to Rakuin no Ko to become available before its shipment is dispatched. Then maybe I can actually take in all those letters rather than desperately trying to make out the jist of what is being said so that I don't have to try to piece it together from the responses...
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Sep 28, 2014 8:35 AM

Oct 2012
Well, that certainly finished on a good note. It's great to see this series improve
so much after the problems with the first one or two episodes. Remember how
they used to flash entire screens of tiny unreadable text? And they would read
out questions at three times normal speed.

I blame the insufficient time was that was allowed for the adaptation of the light
novel into the anime. It is a much more involved task than going from a manga
into an anime. However, very quickly the team solved the problems.

I don't know how many English-speaking anime fans are still watching. But the
fact that I am not seeing subs looks like a bad sign.

However, in Japan the fan response has been okay, but not great. Here are the
Amazon Stalker points as of just now.

Volume 1 -- figures not posted --
Volume 2 Oct 22 1398 BD 381 DVD
Volume 3 Nov 26 1060 BD 316 DVD
Volume 4 Dec 24 1163 BD 376 DVD
Volume 5 Jan 21 1223 BD 396 DVD
Volume 6 Feb 25 1441 BD 472 DVD
Volume 7 Mar 25 1473 BD 586 DVD

To give you a sense of the meaning of these numbers, "Sword Art Online" and
"Free!" are in the range from 10000 to 20000, and that is for the Blu-ray alone.

I would interpret these numbers as saying "the studio didn't lose money" but
"there won't be a second season".

I felt the most affection for Rino, but my favorite character was the perverted
monk who suggested going to his ancestral grave for a first date, immediately
followed up by visiting the nearest love hotel. That was great advice, and he
didn't deserve getting dumped into a water tank full of eels.
okanaganSep 28, 2014 8:40 AM
Sep 28, 2014 8:44 AM

Mar 2008
It ended on a good note as well. When I was watching it, I feel like I'm in the second to third final episode of a certain show, thanks god for actually doing it so well.

The show started and ended average, it's certainly not great but not bad either. The comedy is still a bit forgettable and while I found some of its moments to be incredible, a few other aspects give me a somewhat weak feeling, especially in regard to the MC. He's not dislikable but I found him pretty meh. The rest was certainly better, that's for sure (I freakin' love Ikumi). My favorite episodes involve the trip to the beach and the Koganen arc, these were fun.

The art is okay, though the animation remained sloppy in many episodes. After looking through Amazon Stalker points, I'm not impressed with the result but I'm glad seeing what okanagan give his own perception regarding the show's story and praise. I did enjoy well better than many series this summer and it was one of the few shows with lengthy dialogue that doesn't give be a bit of a bored feeling, that's impressive!

Not expecting a second season given its mediocre reception towards the viewers, but I did spend a good time watching the show after all.
Sep 28, 2014 9:11 AM

Dec 2011
Regarding sales figures - vol 1 sold 1593/362 week 1, with a huge discount on its price - and that cheap price will reduce the amount of money it is bringing in. It has, however, had a considerably better long tail than most things that sell at that sort of level, enabling the BR to rank on the full list on its 3rd week (with third week sales you might expect from something that sold 4 times as much). This brings the sales for vol 1 to 2073 (3 weeks) BR and 362 (1 week) DVDs. Later volumes are 2 episodes rather than one, and almost 2.5 times the price, so we'll have to see how much of a factor that is.
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Sep 28, 2014 9:53 AM

Oct 2012
^ Thank you very, very much for that additional information! I know how to look
up the Amazon Stalker numbers, but I don't have any deeper knowledge of the
business side of anime series.

Deep discounting of the prices makes a huge, huge difference on their profits, so
I guess simply ranking those points against other anime series means very little.
Also, "Amazon Stalker points" only refer to first-week sales. Therefore, the "long
tail" that you mention for Jinsei is good news, since the business "bottom line"
obviously depends on the total number of discs that eventually get sold.

So . . . did this series "crash and burn" in Japan? Yes, I can imagine a lot of
people walking into the Animate store in Akihabara and buying the whole Blu-ray
set if it was on sale. Is it correct that the overall financial success/failure of an
anime series depends very strongly on the Blu-ray/DVD sales? Is the income
from merchandise (such as Jinsei keychains and posters) pretty much negligible
in comparison?

In terms of the details of production cost of an anime series, I really like this
article:
www.crunchyroll.ca/anime-news/2011/10/30-1/how-much-does-one-episode-of-anime-cost-to-make
okanaganSep 28, 2014 9:59 AM
Sep 28, 2014 10:41 AM

Dec 2011
Is there any merchandise? The twitter account hasn't been advertising any, and the only things mentioned in the 'goods' section of the official website are the novels. Even the OP is only available as an MP3.Also there is always a knock-on effect to consider as well, which isn't in any way visibly tied to the anime itself.

These are the only things that I can find that would bring in money from the series right now, although the fact that bushiroad are one of the sponsors means that they have probably spent money on the rights to some merchandise stuff. Perhaps they'll make some Weiss Schwarz cards for the series or something. It's fairly common for merchandise to come some time after the series finishes airing anyway.

They can't have expected this series to be a big hit, though, and as such have probably acted with that in mind from the start. I don't really know of the details of how these work, but the fact that the seiyuu for the 6 members of the 2nd newspaper club between them have just one main character (listed on MAL) in a TV anime dating to before this year (and are thus relative novices) probably helps. The animation/art was far from high-budget stuff, even in the OP/ED, and most of the background music was just remixes of parts of the OP.
Sep 28, 2014 11:52 AM

Oct 2012
Kuuderes_shadow said:
Is there any merchandise? The twitter account hasn't been advertising
any.

Woops! Sorry. Clearly I was thinking about the merchandise associated with some
other anime series that I was watching recently, but now I can't recall which one
it was. They had fantastic key chains, though.

Kuuderes_shadow also said:
The only things mentioned in the 'goods' section of the official website
are the novels.

Yes. I see all the light novel volumes there now.

Kuuderes_shadow also said:
The seiyuu for the 6 members of the 2nd newspaper club between them
have just one main character (listed on MAL) in a TV anime dating to
before this year (and are thus relative novices) probably helps.

Right.
Sep 29, 2014 8:53 AM

Jun 2014
Well, I enjoy it though... Another season wouldn't be bad for me.
Nov 6, 2014 7:25 PM

Sep 2013
Does anybody have a link to Jinsei episode 13 Subbed. I can only find RAWs. Im dying to know how this ends, but i don't want spoilers.
Nov 7, 2014 10:48 AM
Apr 2011
Not subbed yet. Gotta sit around and wait till somebody does it.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the General Forum Guidelines.
Dec 6, 2014 9:56 AM

Jul 2013
Finally. The ending. Well I did enjoy it and that twist dude, didn't expect Kimie to win lol.
Dec 6, 2014 12:12 PM

Feb 2014
Shout out to Mori the translator.
"All the world's a stage, And all the men and women merely players"
Shakespeare.
Dec 6, 2014 12:37 PM

Oct 2012
Question 1: Why did this episode take so long to get subbed?

Question 2: What is a "rice ticket" ( おこめ券 / okome-ken ) ?

Question 3: What was the real story behind the dissolution of the "Rice Half Full Society"
. . . . . . . . .( 半ライス同好会 / Han raisu dōkō-kai ) ?

okanaganDec 6, 2014 1:58 PM
Dec 6, 2014 1:08 PM

Sep 2012
zperson5 said:

All hail Mori!
Dec 6, 2014 5:39 PM
Mar 2012
The anime was overall okay, laughed at the Emerald Splash scene, what parody is that from I wonder XD
Dec 6, 2014 6:22 PM

Mar 2011
Thanking for the translation. Dunno if it was worrh the Wait, though.. :/

Shout out for the translator
Is anime the only thing you do everyday?
Dec 6, 2014 6:39 PM

Oct 2012
Finely after so long done watching this
Dec 6, 2014 7:50 PM
Jan 2013
The ending certainly left a lot to be desired. It was average all the way through, as one user pointed out. My displeasure at the ending was lessened greatly when I learnt that this LN adaptation is not yet complete. I assume the SC President gets what'c coming to her in later volumes.
Dec 6, 2014 9:49 PM

Feb 2012
Oh my god, the first posts were created in September. I've never waited so long to finish a mediocre anime. At least the characters were somewhat amusing.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 6, 2014 10:03 PM

May 2014
Loved the ending
"I lost all of what you could call feelings of love. They weren't sealed, so they can't be released. They weren't broken, so they can't be fixed. That which is lost, cannot be recovered." Shiba Tatsuya
"There are no regrets. If one can be proud of one's life, one should not wish for another chance." Saber
"No matter what happens, no matter how crazy things get, I'll always try to restore balance." Korra
"It's madness to let others take what's yours and accept it blindly." Baatar Jr
"Instinct is a lie, told by a fearful body, hoping to be wrong." Zaheer
"Partner in crime, partner in time" Chloe Price and Max Caulfield
Dec 7, 2014 1:55 AM

May 2013
First of all, thank you to Mori for having the trouble to translate it. Thanks a lot.

The final episode was fine. Getting rice tickets through stripping seems not bad at all. Good for Rino that she was the one who received Akamatsu's ticket. Well, winning that beauty competition was destined to be Yamanaka-san. I thought that the beauty contest was gonna be a funny one. Oh well, it was still enjoyable. 6/10
Dec 7, 2014 4:38 AM

Jan 2011
I loled

Dec 7, 2014 5:10 AM

Apr 2011
Finally, someone subbed it! Now I've finally finished this series.
Dec 7, 2014 6:06 PM

Apr 2012
This episode is quite boring but i enjoy the ticket moment and that subs comment XD.

Nice ending 7/10

Dec 8, 2014 6:02 PM

Oct 2012
Let's collect more and more rice tickets!

Without a doubt, for me the highlight of Episode 13 was the "Rice Ticket Song" sung by the
Student Council President. This showed a cute side of her.

In Japanese, "Rice Ticket Song" is pronounced "okome-ken no uta" and can be written as:
おこめ券のうた / おこめ券の歌 / お米券の歌

If, like me, you want to listen to this song over and over without having to re-watch the
entire episode, here it is:
17-second version: http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm24599914
25-second version: http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm24589082
You may enjoy listening to both, since the audio of the second one has drums added.

Earlier volumes of the Blu-rays/DVDs have included a "special CD" with music including the
OP, the ED, character songs and the Koganen Song. They have indicated that there will be a
"special CD" included with the final volumes, but it doesn't say which songs they will have.
okanaganDec 8, 2014 6:23 PM
Dec 9, 2014 12:42 AM
Mar 2013
okanagan said:
Question 3: What was the real story behind the dissolution of the "Rice Half Full Society"

The closing statement displayed on Fumi's smart phone didn't tell us why the president of the student counsel ordered the club to dissolve. But, according to the article, they launched a campaign saying "Don't escape, Ms President!" to hold an open forum about the matter. Even they lost there, they were, at least, able to drag her out of the president room to the public place.
So, Fumi knew the provocative phrase, "You are trying to escape, aren't you?" was a very effective incitement for her to accept the additional condition.
htsujiDec 9, 2014 12:56 AM
Dec 9, 2014 3:22 AM

Oct 2012
Dec 9, 2014 6:05 AM
Mar 2013
To who ever may be interested in Okome-ken:
Here is a short explanation (or I have to admit it may be just my usual sarcasm) about Okome-Ken that I posted onto okanagan's page about 10 hours ago.
http://myanimelist.net/comtocom.php?id1=1701983&id2=2330139
Generally, you are not completely free from the political considerations which your society expects.
htsujiDec 9, 2014 6:28 AM
Dec 10, 2014 12:01 PM
Feb 2013
louisd895 said:
zperson5 said:

All hail Mori!

YES! THIS!

Nigga 28 who u foolin?

Nah, really. I forgive the subber for not being able to read kanji, but with that, there's the option to finally end the series, lol.
Dec 13, 2014 1:10 PM
Jul 2018
Good episode.

Lol @ how the girls got their rice tickets.
Dec 13, 2014 9:54 PM

Aug 2013
Well it's finally over. Got to watch the last episode after FFF FINALLY got it finished.

I enjoyed the series. Although I watched it in chunks due to following FFF's releases. Had I gotten to watch it routinely every week I probably would've liked it even more.

I wouldn't mind a second season. It looked like they still had plenty of stuff to do. I'm sure it wouldn't be hard to come up with random life-advice things and SoL shit to do since that was all that encompassed the first 9 episodes.

Kind of disappointed that best girl Emi didn't show up until WAY late into the game. She was hardly in the show yet easily was best character. Although she didn't quite have the goliath oppai that Fumi had, they were still second biggest, and her crazy bi-polar and affinity for the nude were awesome.

Didn't expect Kimie to win that contest at the end. Holy shit she is ridiculously hot without the glasses. Goddamn. First episode she was in I had to do a quintuple take.
Dec 14, 2014 9:22 AM

Jul 2013
"It took another 6 hours and a half hours and 89 of Emi's illustrations for Ikumi to understand the plan"

LOL

Ikumi really stole this last episode, each of her moments was just hilarious! Swift counter attack by Akamatsu at the end there and it was so nice to see everyone supporting the Akamatsu x Rino ship without being jealous (a rarity in a show where there's only one male and multiple female).

Overall it's been a fun ride. The first few episodes were rather boring I guess but once it picked up it rarely disappointed with plenty of hilarious (albeit sometimes weird) moments. We also got a decent romantic development and it's a shame they didn't get the student council president but I suppose it leaves room for 2nd season. The advices (for anyone who bothered to read them) were surprisingly legit too. For all the comparisons, I'd much prefer this to Seitokai no Ichizon.

8/10
Dec 14, 2014 4:33 PM

Feb 2010
IMO the end was both anti-climatic and unexpected.
Both are opposite but this is probably because it lacked impact.
"Your taste is shit cause you like what I hate. Believe me I have 1000 cartoons that I rated with less than 5."

Dec 15, 2014 10:00 AM

Sep 2010
meh....
Dec 25, 2014 11:36 PM

Oct 2008
Rino was cute together with her teddy bear.

Dec 27, 2014 4:47 PM

Apr 2012
It took long for the subbed version but for me it was worth the wait. I wouldn't mind seeing more ^.^
Dec 28, 2014 3:53 PM

Jul 2009
So their plan backfired on them because Kaori saw right through it ... well, in the end they decided to do a second beauty contest. Each girl has their own way of getting coupons, and I gotta say Rino's was pretty cute with that huge teddy bear :3 Though Akamatsu giving his to her at the beginning was pretty sweet too XD
Surprise victory over Kaori with none of the Newspaper Club members winning, but I guess it all worked out in the end since she let them take her prize and resurrect the club. I don't know what I expected but at least it worked out for them :P

Overall this anime was actually pretty fun and enjoyable to watch, moreso than I expected. The girls were pretty cute and the animation too, and I guess the music (though I didn't really pay attention to it much?) but it was always quite funny XD Plus the little skits were usually pretty good too, so I guess I'll give this a 7/10
Jan 5, 2015 3:19 PM

Oct 2013
well this anime was ok 6/10 for me
the girls were super cute <3
[/quote]
Jan 20, 2015 6:25 AM

Oct 2012
Hmm, nothing to praise here, we got average series with average plot and with superficial jokes, there was almost nothing that really stand out.

It was pretty forgettable anime with nothing special and I had to force myself to watch some bad episodes. Maybe the girls were likeable at least and I also like that Akamatsu ended with one girl contrary to what nearly 100% of animes nowadays are doing. But still, it wasn't enough, during its 13eps I found no appeal in this show.

Still, it's 4/10 for me.

FFF effort is worth the praise but this anime didn't deserved such great subbing.
Feb 8, 2015 4:49 AM
May 2012
Comedy was average. Some were really good, some were lame, but the girls were cute.

There is great chemistry between the characters. The jinsei soudan scenes were interesting.

Overall, great anime, save for the meh comedy.

6/10.
Mar 24, 2015 6:36 AM

Oct 2012
Aww Akamatsu
Now I'm sure it's AkamatsuxRino!! xD

Honestly, I had so much fun with this series
I laugh a lot with those cliche jokes
I want to see 2nd season!! xD
"Signature removed"
May 23, 2015 7:39 AM

Nov 2011
Hooray! Finally I can also finish this series. Not expecting much, and in fact there is not much to comment on, I personally found the funniest episodes other than this. the quality of the drawings and the animation is not bad, sympathetic characters, but the story is not always raises to get interested; You could do more in every sense.
However when I have time, I want to see her again, because view so it makes no sense to sob.

For now, my vote is 6/10 !
May 24, 2015 1:30 PM

May 2008
Took me a while to finish this show. The animation is pretty and I like the character design but the execution with those long letters and answers are very annoying to read and some jokes are hard to understand. It tried to be funny with a portion slice of life but ended up to be another average show.

6/10.
Oct 2, 2015 6:38 AM

Feb 2013
Cute show! Nothing in particularly amazing, but it was fun.

7/10
Dec 11, 2015 6:07 PM

Dec 2014
Ikumi and Fumi ate the main reasons i completed this show. <3
MC being paired to megane girl seems a bit forced.

i think Him and Sporty girl would be better. :)
Jan 14, 2016 4:54 AM

Oct 2013
very,very boring 3/10
nanofate fan
konata x kagami fan
Mar 10, 2016 11:01 AM

Nov 2012
One thing that will stick to my head about this anime is the skirt flapping part of the opening.
A city's greatness is determined by the speed of its internet connection.
Jun 3, 2016 4:53 PM

Sep 2015
Started off okay and it picked up closer to the end. The humor was funny for what it was but it's nothing groundbreaking. Overall I enjoyed this series quite a bit. I hope there will be a season 2 but it seems unlikely and that's alright.

Rino best girl. 7/10
May 28, 2017 8:41 AM

Apr 2009
Too much rice tickets.
I wish they changed this useless main character guy.
The girls are entertaining though.

5/10
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Jinsei Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 6, 2014

104 by BigBoyAdvance »»
Mar 10, 5:57 AM

» So undderated

Ghefira - Sep 6, 2023

0 by Ghefira »»
Sep 6, 2023 6:08 PM

Poll: » Jinsei Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 21, 2014

24 by Ashhk »»
May 11, 2021 7:18 AM

Poll: » Jinsei Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 14, 2014

21 by Ashhk »»
May 11, 2021 6:51 AM

Poll: » Jinsei Episode 10 Discussion

kuuderes_shadow - Sep 7, 2014

36 by Ashhk »»
May 11, 2021 6:17 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.