Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Aug 22, 2014 2:35 AM

Oct 2013
migohunter said:
ZaldiuntheGerman said:
What was the significance of the ring towards the end when Touka removed that old dude's glove? I didn't understand that really.

Touka was guilty because she realized that the old dude is a married man and probably has a family.

I thought of that at first, but it seemed out of character compared to how she's acted the last few episodes. Her? Caring about other people? Pffffffff....

But I didn't really realize the exact implications of it previously. It's an interesting dichotomy, actually. She did the same thing to his children that he did to Hinami.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Aug 22, 2014 2:56 AM

Jan 2014
These hve been played in my head for awhile now..
What wrong with Mado ring which make Touka freeze till like that..._-_

Aug 22, 2014 3:30 AM

Nov 2012
laila_kissa said:

that means mado is married and probably has family (wife, children,etc)
duh, common sense
IF YOU LIKE DEATH PARADE, GO WATCH BARTENDER!!!
my animesongs chord thread : here bro
Aug 22, 2014 4:01 AM
Mar 2014
Mado is twisted, glad to see him go. Sucks about the family though. Will be interesting to see how the other one reacts though after both his encounter with Kaneki, and seeing Mado's death.

Hinami's Kagune is awesome, was cool to see her use it!
Aug 22, 2014 4:38 AM

Aug 2013
So the weapons are made from ghouls. Hm makes sense.
My Candies:
Aug 22, 2014 5:09 AM

Dec 2013
This episode was hella good. Hinami-chan op!!! Dang finally Kaneki fights. Took him long enough to fight back. Well this was greatly done. 5/5.
"No one knows what the future holds. That's why its potential is infinite.” - Okabe Rintarou

"El Psy Congroo."

Kirino Kyousake Picture
Aug 22, 2014 5:44 AM

Mar 2012
I don't understand why they use censorship in a gore adaptation, it's just dumb.

But anyways, it was definitely the best episode until now, not as good as in the manga but still excellent imo.
Aug 22, 2014 5:56 AM

Jul 2012
Still waiting the day that Kaneki stops being a crybaby... But i think we will see that chapters in season 2 T.T
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 22, 2014 6:08 AM

May 2013
Hinami got both of the kagune of her parents. Cool. She's strong if she fights.
Kaneki needs to get his savage side see the light. He keeps suppressing it. He needs a lot of flesh. Mado was married too. So he wants revenge but couldn't accomplish it through.
Aug 22, 2014 6:24 AM

Nov 2013
Mostly action this time, Kaneki wasn't half bad. He left Amon confused as hell after the fight though. I doubt Amon will consider being buddies with ghouls anytime soon though thanks to Mado's death. OST is fantastic.

It's kind of funny that this whole arc could have ended without anyone having to die at all if the characters just try to talk. Kaneki tried that and it didn't work, which just shows how terrible the relationship between humans and ghouls is (well, the timing was also absolutely horrible but still...)

4/5
Aug 22, 2014 6:55 AM

Aug 2013
All that build up from the last episode for this garbage? What a let down.
Aug 22, 2014 7:03 AM

Apr 2011
I feel sorry Hinami had to witness all of that that was just terrible. Mado using her own parents to make a weapon and then says he is going to use it on her, he is just one fucked up dude. But good episode
Wondering what the ring was for?
Aug 22, 2014 7:45 AM

Nov 2012
Haytin said:
All that build up from the last episode for this garbage? What a let down.
what build up?
IF YOU LIKE DEATH PARADE, GO WATCH BARTENDER!!!
my animesongs chord thread : here bro
Aug 22, 2014 8:04 AM

Jun 2011
this episode was really great i loved how hinami got her powers out.
It was pretty amazing.
Aug 22, 2014 9:05 AM

May 2013
Great episode.
Aug 22, 2014 9:11 AM

Mar 2010
8 episode is the very cool
Aug 22, 2014 9:56 AM

Mar 2009
Amazing episode. I felt bad for Amon, actually. He's lost two friends now. I'm curious to see where they take his character in the future.

inb4 the manga readers complain.
Aug 22, 2014 10:32 AM

Jul 2013
Hey that was actually a pretty good episode.

Kaneki has some real self control.
"Komugi, are you there?"

Aug 22, 2014 11:03 AM
Aug 2014
Great episode !
The fight was alright and i am happy mado is dead!
And this ep had amazing graphics and animation seriously , no ep before was animated and drawn like this .
Good work studio
Aug 22, 2014 11:30 AM
Jan 2013
Best episode so far. Wow. But am I the only one who thinks that these little scenes after the ED totally ruin the atmosphere every time? lol
Aug 22, 2014 11:32 AM
Aug 2014
Yeah lol
Aug 22, 2014 12:46 PM

Mar 2013
for me this episode were bad,
the fight scenes was ok but its just the same
stuff repeating again and again.
didnt touka and kankei worked on some plan
on the last episode to end this situation and thats
why he get the mask?
on this episode it only mention that touka go
somewhere but nothing more.
from there everything done on such a rush and
any 1 could have see this.

the fight between Touka and Mado felt
like touka plan it from the beginning when medo
weapon stop working bcuz he reach is limits on
the forest trees then suddenly is second weapon
catch her by surprise.
it like she plan get him to the forest to get advantage on him.
but how she knew Hinami will run there.

Amon were so strong and then so weak and is weapon so shitty and useless.

and Kaneki were almost like watching a old naruto episode
somewhere on the begining fights of zabuza and haku.
even is ghoul looks like 9 tailed fox get over naruto buddy.

when i start watching the series i were so amaze by the story,art,
chars,op and ed songs........ now i feel kinda bad for it.

going start the manga when the anime will end hope it will be better.
Aug 22, 2014 12:57 PM

Nov 2012
Diss I miss something? At the end of the last episode Amon seemed fine and having an epic look after his exercise, then this episode he started out with something covering his eye as if it was injured?
Jaywalker.
Aug 22, 2014 1:11 PM

Dec 2013
Pretty good episode. Kaneki alone is boring. He should let loose of Rize's power more often.
It is interesting to see Hinami inherit both powers from her parents. I wonder if all ghoul offspring are the same.
Stay in yesterday 時を止めて
Aug 22, 2014 1:26 PM
Feb 2013
Well, that's it for Mado, I really like it that he eliminate those Ghouls.
Aug 22, 2014 1:40 PM

Feb 2013
One of the best episodes yet. Hinami using her mixed powers was beautiful. Currently trying to find gifs and whatnot of those scenes in particular. The initial stages of Kaneki's transition to badass (I'm guessing). And lol Yomo gets stabbed and he's just like...sigh...eat this. From Tsukiyama to Mado...the antagonists Kaneki's had to face have been wonderfully crazy and interesting.
Aug 22, 2014 2:09 PM

Jun 2013
By no means a perfect episode but this was the best episode so far :)
Aug 22, 2014 2:27 PM

Jan 2014
I'm heavily bothered by the fact that Amon already knew Kaneki was a ghoul, while in the manga he thought he was a normal human because of how weak Kaneki was.
Aug 22, 2014 2:42 PM

Aug 2008
This adaptation has been a series of disappointments. Amon HATES ghouls and was not the type of person to just leave Kaneki there and walk away. If he had openings like that, he would killed Kaneki outright before he can retaliate. This is supposed to be the moment that Amon questions his previous conviction after being spared even though his opponent is clearly a stronger ghoul. This director makes me facepalm so hard. At least the fight scenes were cool... 2/5, try again. And people wonder why I don't bother watching adaptations of manga I've read.
Aug 22, 2014 2:47 PM

Jul 2010
Actually, the dialogues were quite good, I liked how the two fights reflected each other on the same morale. Although, Kaneki's beating was kinda frustrating aand kinda bad, considering they looped the scene of him being thrown away by Amon's hammer.
I hope we won't see this kind of QUALITY, in fights since I guess the fights are gonna be the main attraction of this show.

Anyway pretty solid so far.
Oh Touka being so damn tsundere is getting annoying.
Aug 22, 2014 3:04 PM

May 2013
So the fight is on!

First off is Kaneki vs Amon!
It ends with Kaneki and his mask almost killing Yomo after letting Amon walk away to start thinking about what to do next.

Now for Touka vs Mado!
Touka was losing, but Hinami stepped in with her dual kagune. Then Touka felt guilty that she killed a married man.
I'm feel that the one-eyed ghoul Mado was talking about killed someone in his family.
We will miss you, Mado! (T_T)

I like how Touka and Amon have the same perspective on life based on their sides.
Only Kaneki can stop the feud between humans and ghouls.
I’m always searching for something, for someone. This feeling has possessed me I think, from that day… That day when the stars came falling.
Aug 22, 2014 3:51 PM

Jan 2014
ninjastarforcex said:
laila_kissa said:

that means mado is married and probably has family (wife, children,etc)
duh, common sense

Well I'm not seeing that coming since I'm watching it in one glance....

Aug 22, 2014 6:56 PM

Jan 2013
Great episode, I get the message. It's what one would expect.
Aug 22, 2014 7:07 PM
Jun 2014
why was amon wearing an eyepatch?
Aug 22, 2014 7:07 PM

Sep 2013
Interesting episode, finally some good fighting scenes.
Aug 22, 2014 8:46 PM

Nov 2012
damnn. Hinami was just ... wow. Future potential to the max! Inheriting both her mum and dads power
Aug 22, 2014 10:06 PM

Aug 2013
Ohhhh... So Mado is dead. I'll miss that creepy sadistic sonuvabitch :(
His plan to attract Hinami was clever, though it was stupid to attract her in the sewer, since he knew it was a trap.

Touka definitely recognized him with that ring. She seemed really shocked. Maybe she killed his wife or something.
Anyway, she rocked in that fight, but again, she was no match against him. If it wasn't because of that surprise attack from Hinami, the two of them would have died. Also, it was damn hilarious how didn't gave a fuck when he lost his hand :P

Ken is so cool with that mask. Too bad he's not that cool in a fight xD
But when he get Lize power, he get stronger than anyone. She repelled Mado like it was nothing, in the first episode.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Aug 22, 2014 11:11 PM

Feb 2014
The best part was when Kaneki got Rize's sadist expression and bent back, was badass.
Aug 22, 2014 11:22 PM

May 2012
I hope this shit get a 2nd season. It is really so enjoyable to watch even though many people saying it is rushed and skips some material from the manga.
Aug 22, 2014 11:35 PM

Nov 2012
thepath said:
I hope this shit get a 2nd season. It is really so enjoyable to watch even though many people saying it is rushed and skips some material from the manga.

I'd only read a few chapters of the manga while I watched the first 7 episodes of this. Having read 100 something chapters by today, this episode felt a lot more rushed and they changed some stuff but I still liked it and will probably continue watching the second season. (I think there'll be one, this seems to be pretty popular and there's tons of manga material remaining.) The Kaneki vs Amon conflict was a lot more dramatic in the manga. A few things were more noticeable to me in the anime version, mostly that Touka was reacting to Mado wearing a wedding ring. (I thought she reacted to the scars on his hands while reading this scene.)
Aug 22, 2014 11:36 PM

Jun 2013
nyaanoir said:
Yeah, I was wondering about that too.
Aug 23, 2014 12:03 AM
Aug 2011
J053PH said:
nyaanoir said:
Yeah, I was wondering about that too.

Remember in the last episode when Touka attacked Amon and his buddies?
She does hit/cut him Amon right around the eye area.

Now do you remember later in the same episode that they met again at the ramen shop to lament the death of their megane friend?
Amon was supposed to be wearing a patch in that scene.
He was actually supposed to be wearing the patch since that attack all the way to this fight.

Another thing, remember him working out?
Yeah he was working out without his patch but they showed that his eye was wounded/swollen shut.
Here they just showed him by profile view so I guess you can't nitpick but still... it gave the impression that he was fine, which he wasn't.

There are just stupid and unnecessary continuation errors that are the result of a piss poor adaptation.
standAug 23, 2014 12:06 AM
Aug 23, 2014 1:10 AM

Apr 2014
My two Gripes about this episode.
Its really apparent that Kaneki shifted back to his Episode 2 self when he was still struggling with his Hunger urges.It would have make much more sense and Kaneki being a wimp more understandable if Dove arc was first before Gourmet arc.Because he's still fresh from turning into a ghoul in that time frame.

I'm a bit pissy that they are pushing That Rize is inside Kaneki's body..Which she isn't By the way.
She's just a fiction of kaneki's imagination and a Metaphor for Kaneki accepting his Ghoul side..But in the anime they are clearly Implying that She's inside Kaneki..

Episode wise..This is a 9/10 I really enjoyed it despite my gripes but It would have helped if they didn't bother Switching arcs around.The animation was top notch and Finally they took it seriously compared to the previous episodes Where OST were out of synch..I just hope they do the same for the Most important character development which is the "Chair" scene.
Also More Kaneki inner monologue,He was more calculative in the manga and Inner monologue shows it.And Amon Mistook Kaneki for a human parading around as a Ghoul because He's punches doesn't do Sh**.
NeutralSideAug 23, 2014 1:19 AM

Aug 23, 2014 5:18 AM

Oct 2013
Good episode.

Aug 23, 2014 6:20 AM

Mar 2013
Great episode, best one so far in the series in my opinion. Interesting dialogue with lots of feeling to it.
Aug 23, 2014 6:56 AM

Apr 2010
A table-flip-inducing-feels-packed episode.

This is how I felt about it. Rueby out.
Aug 23, 2014 7:04 AM

Apr 2013
ZaldiuntheGerman said:
migohunter said:

Touka was guilty because she realized that the old dude is a married man and probably has a family.

I thought of that at first, but it seemed out of character compared to how she's acted the last few episodes. Her? Caring about other people? Pffffffff....

But I didn't really realize the exact implications of it previously. It's an interesting dichotomy, actually. She did the same thing to his children that he did to Hinami.

Yeah, I suppose the implication of what she had done hit her. One of the best moments of the episode because of how subtle it was without the need for necessary dialogue.
Powerful eyebrows.
Aug 23, 2014 7:29 AM

Mar 2014
Anybody who makes Hinami cry deserves to die...And guess what, Mado got killed! I feel sorry for his partner though (I am referring to his wedding/engagement ring)... Oh well

Overall a great episode
Comic_SansAug 23, 2014 7:32 AM
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Aug 23, 2014 7:33 AM

Jul 2014
This was such an epic episode! I loved every second of it.

Kaneki finally tapping into his inner strength and going all beast mode on Amon was amazing.
Aug 23, 2014 9:09 AM

Nov 2009
Kaneki looked like a retard the first time he stood in his "defensive" position. Other than that, amazing episode as always.
Pages (8) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2014

846 by Vindicater »»
May 13, 4:36 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 17, 2014

320 by Vindicater »»
May 8, 5:12 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

dior - Jul 10, 2014

520 by Vindicater »»
May 4, 8:19 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 3, 2014

860 by Vindicater »»
May 2, 5:29 AM

» Tokyo Ghoul ss3 killed all the hope I have for this series

DatajI - Mar 9

4 by zero00guard »»
Mar 12, 4:20 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.