Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jul 24, 2014 12:35 PM
Oct 2012
There's the fact of how the institution treated the children. I'll post it word for word via sub.

A name is usually a gift of love. But for those of you who have been abandoned, love does not exist. Signs of pretense like that must be eliminated. I will now give you new names to be called.

The way she spoke irked me and I know this is some fucked up event. If there is any reason why nine and twelve act like they do, it is mostly stemmed from the fact they aren't loved and lack the emotions to be remotely sympathetic.

And yes Jim, if the word got out there is plutonium in the hands of terrorist, the world and public will be in disarray. No hope for them.
Jul 24, 2014 12:35 PM
Jul 2014
Keten said:
jimjameswhatever said:

The "cause public pandemonium" card can be played. 9 and 12 notice the police department bringing in hazmat suits to the bomb sites. The police department is keeping the plutonium incident hush-hush, and 9 and 12 know that. If they release a video revealing their posession of plutonium, the public will freak out and they'll have the JSDF on their asses. Right now the PD has been avoiding causing an uproar and 9/12 are using that to their advantage.

(I think, lol)

Fair enough. I'll just wait and see I suppose. Though for a "Cause public pandemonium" thing, I wasn't at all caught up in the terror, especially since apparently they don't want to kill anyone. This just doesn't make all that much sense to me as a thriller. lol

Then don't watch ;p
Jul 24, 2014 12:38 PM

Jan 2008
Lulexiaa said:
Anyone here really eager to know more about Lisa? ; __ ;

I want an episode to focus more on the main 3, other than the old men T.T

I'm glad there is such a larger focus on 'old men'. As a man in my twenties, I think I can relate more to old men in the police station more than High School aged kids.

The more focus on adults, the better it is for me.
Jul 24, 2014 12:39 PM

Feb 2012
Keten said:
jimjameswhatever said:

The "cause public pandemonium" card can be played. 9 and 12 notice the police department bringing in hazmat suits to the bomb sites. The police department is keeping the plutonium incident hush-hush, and 9 and 12 know that. If they release a video revealing their posession of plutonium, the public will freak out and they'll have the JSDF on their asses. Right now the PD has been avoiding causing an uproar and 9/12 are using that to their advantage.

(I think, lol)

Fair enough. I'll just wait and see I suppose. Though for a "Cause public pandemonium" thing, I wasn't at all caught up in the terror, especially since apparently they don't want to kill anyone. This just doesn't make all that much sense to me as a thriller. lol

wait...wat. How does this have anything to do with how you perceive the situation? lol

The public within the context of the story doesn't know a thing. All they know is, "HOLY SHIT THESE KIDS HAVE PLUTONIUM LETS FREAK OUT. THE GOVERNMENT HAS TO DO SOMETHING."
But there's a time and place for everything for every card to be played. Maybe playing that card in the future will somehow give them an advantage (perhaps tied to the suspicious death 15 years ago?)
idontwannapostJul 24, 2014 12:52 PM
Jul 24, 2014 12:42 PM

Feb 2012
I think I know why Nine is spacing out, he just wants to be free!

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 24, 2014 12:49 PM

Sep 2013
jimjameswhatever said:

wait...wat. What does this have anything to do with how you perceive the situation? lol

The public within the context of the story doesn't know a thing. All they know is, "HOLY SHIT THESE KIDS HAVE PLUTONIUM LETS FREAK OUT. THE GOVERNMENT HAS TO DO SOMETHING."
But there's a time and place for everything for every card to be played. Maybe playing that card in the future will somehow give them an advantage (perhaps tied to the suspicious death 15 years ago?)

Sorry, I misinterpreted what you said. My bad. I thought you meant they were trying to cause a panic first so that they would be seen more as a threat and I was commented on the fact that there was no tension at all because no one dies. It does add a bit to the story I guess to cause panic with the people, I am just saying it doesn't make for a good thriller is all because they don't show enough of it. As buildup though, I guess it works.

Anyway, still too soon to tell for sure. I am still enjoying it regardless.
Jul 24, 2014 12:55 PM
Jul 2014
kickmesign said:
I think I know why Nine is spacing out, he just wants to be free!

Creeptastic
Jul 24, 2014 12:56 PM

May 2014
Keten said:
There is no knowledge of who these kids are, all we know is that they are some psychopath kids, sure we'll get an explanation later, but if we don't know their overall goal now we cannot possible gain any sort of emotion attachment to one side or the other. Is their motivation bad? Is their motivation good? Is the good motivation able to justify blowing up buildings? I have no idea, it doesn't tell me.
While these are valid points, they are focusing on something this episode didn't. They wanted to test the waters to see if someone finally picks up on the clues they leave behind. Their motivation is still a mystery, but it's obviously the whole "child experiment" thing, along with that white haired girl, which will be introduced later(she's in the key visual).

It's a plot driven narrative, and like you mentioned this is only 11 eps, there isn't much room for character fleshing out in between mind games. And take this as such: mind games, not terrorism, even if they're playing it up as "bombing, so bad, so srs". It's a light thriller, not a hollywood action thriller.

The only character drama atm is Lisa, whom I question her relevance to the plot atm.
Jul 24, 2014 12:57 PM

Sep 2012
I think the Thriller genre mislead some people about what to expect with this show. If the writers really intended to make you feel tense about the situation, they would have showed more people dramatically panicking, the policemen rushing to find the bomb while a fast-paced music is played in the background. I think the show is actually more trying to stir up our curiosity in the characters by dropping some hints here and there that would lead us to ask questions about their origins and motivations.

For the moment, the mystery behind the characters, the ingenuity of those riddles, the atmosphere, and the quality of the writing are the main things to appreciate about this show. And that's more than enough for me.

BTW, I freaking love that OST, saga is so freaking cool.
Jul 24, 2014 12:59 PM

Feb 2012
Keten said:
jimjameswhatever said:

wait...wat. What does this have anything to do with how you perceive the situation? lol

Sorry, I misinterpreted what you said. My bad. I thought you meant they were trying to cause a panic first so that they would be seen more as a threat and I was commented on the fact that there was no tension at all because no one dies. It does add a bit to the story I guess to cause panic with the people, I am just saying it doesn't make for a good thriller is all because they don't show enough of it. As buildup though, I guess it works.

Anyway, still too soon to tell for sure. I am still enjoying it regardless.

The tension comes from:
- what is the true intentions behind 9 and 12? I can almost guarantee you it's not as simplistic as "rid the world of evil"
- what is to become of Lisa? What role does she play in all of this?
- how does Shibasaki view these recent turn of events? Once again, I can almost guarantee you it's not as simplistic as "This is personal to me because of the atomic bombing in hiroshima" (He even ignored that suggestion when being briefed in the park)

and to answer this:
Keten said:
there is nothing at stake besides buildings and there are no themes being brought up..

my post from page 2:
jimjameswhatever said:
This show is not death note, please stop bringing it up lol. The themes aren't even the same (or so it seems)

Given some things I have noticed this episode:
- 9 and 12's only interactions with adults during childhood is a loveless one.
- Lisa's childhood is also plagued with a huge disconnect from her parents
- The mock 'dungeons and dragons' game is a perfect example of CONNECTION that the 3 children of the show lack. The seemingly insignificant comedic side character seems to be the only adult in the show that is truly interacting with those of a younger generation. His quip about Shibazaki getting old made me chuckle
- Shibazaki's past: he lived in a town where everyone was old, and didn't leave the house during the summer: The time when children usually get the best time out of their childhood. Another example of disconnect.

So far I'm not sure if the theme here is general disconnect between people, or disconnect between generations in Japan (similar theme in Battle Royale). I think it's both, but leaning towards the latter.
Jul 24, 2014 1:00 PM

May 2014
Actually, taking this as more of mystery might be a good idea, instead of a psychological thriller, which needs solid character foundation, which we still don't have.

Again, this is seriously hampered by it's 11 ep running time. noitaminA again proving to be a bad ground for thrillers and more suitable for simplistic SoLs.
Jul 24, 2014 1:09 PM

Sep 2013
jimjameswhatever said:

The tension comes from:
- what is the true intentions behind 9 and 12? I can almost guarantee you it's not as simplistic as "rid the world of evil"
- how does Shibasaki view these recent turn of events? Once again, I can almost guarantee you it's not as simplistic as "This is personal to me because of the atomic bombing in hiroshima" (He even ignored that suggestion when being briefed in the park)

Tension is not that easy. If that is the case then any and all anime with any remote mystery or hidden elements or even characters that are not explained are considered thrillers. Tension comes from when something bad or at least something you disagree with is occurring and there is a lot of stake and so you are hoping someone stops it. I am not at the edge of my seat going, "OMG WHAT IS THAT GIRL GONNA DO!?" When she isn't even doing anything yet.

Edit: Tension can come from other things as well. Such as something occurring that catches you off guard (Light Yagami finding out the death note works for instance). Even then though, there has to be this feeling that something awful is about to happen. I just don't get that with this for some reason.

jimjameswhatever said:

- The mock 'dungeons and dragons' game is a perfect example of CONNECTION that the 3 children of the show lack. The seemingly insignificant comedic side character seems to be the only adult in the show that is truly interacting with those of a younger generation. His quip about Shibazaki getting old made me chuckle
- Shibazaki's past: he lived in a town where everyone was old, and didn't leave the house during the summer: The time when children usually get the best time out of their childhood. Another example of disconnect.

So far I'm not sure if the theme here is general disconnect between people, or disconnect between generations in Japan (similar theme in Battle Royale). I think it's both, but leaning towards the latter.

I suppose you can look at it that way, so that is at least something. I'll grant you that. It's not like the story is too late to have any themes though, themes can be brought up mid-way and still be valid, so that wasn't a MAJOR concern from me as of yet.

T3hSource said:
Actually, taking this as more of mystery might be a good idea, instead of a psychological thriller, which needs solid character foundation, which we still don't have.

Again, this is seriously hampered by it's 11 ep running time. noitaminA again proving to be a bad ground for thrillers and more suitable for simplistic SoLs.

Ya, I agree. This doesn't work as a thriller so much as a mystery, but making it 11 episodes really handicaps it immensely.
KetenJul 24, 2014 1:18 PM
Jul 24, 2014 1:10 PM

Jul 2013
Wow, I'm pretty impress with Shibasaki's character, answering the riddle and being able to know the location of the bomb. Feels like I'm watching Psycho Pass all over again, except with no action.

I wonder if Shibasaki is connected with Lisa's family? Judging from the episode, and his past, it looks like he didn't get to see his family when doing his past detective stuff near the end there.

Nice glimpse on 9 and 12's past, although it needs more information from it :D.

Jul 24, 2014 1:18 PM

Feb 2012
Keten said:
jimjameswhatever said:

The tension comes from:

Tension is not that easy. If that is the case then any and all anime with any remote mystery or hidden elements or even characters that are not explained are considered thrillers. Tension comes from when something bad or at least something you disagree with is occurring and there is a lot of stake and so you are hoping someone stops it. I am not at the edge of my seat going, "OMG WHAT IS THAT GIRL GONNA DO!?" When she isn't even doing anything yet.

jimjameswhatever said:

I suppose you can look at it that way, so that is at least something. I'll grant you that. It's not like the story is too late to have any themes though, themes can be brought up mid-way and still be valid, so that wasn't a MAJOR concern from me as of yet.

T3hSource said:

Ya, I agree. This doesn't work as a thriller so much as a mystery, but making it 11 episodes really handicaps it immensely.

Well I guess you were expecting a full on thriller when I think what Watanabe was going for is completely different. It's not a matter of when the next bomb is going to go off, it's a matter of where these fucked up lives will end up.

I'm also surprised, yet not very surprised that people think the characters are bland and lack characterization. Thing is...all the characterization is there, it's just not overdone like most animes do it. Everything is subtle, and I personally like it that way. I think you'll have to wait to see them peel back the layers over time. And in the end, even if we don't get a 'full picture' of each character, it'll be okay, because it's more realistic that way. When I want unapologetically blatant characterization, I watch some JoJo lol (can't wait for tomorrow's episode btw)
Jul 24, 2014 1:23 PM

Dec 2013
Zeally said:
Can't help but think of Monster when I saw the orphanage flashback. Kinderheim 511 XD

I thought so too! I'm wondering if that's what they're looking for, that is the orphanage/facility where they were brought up/escaped from. Though it seems as if their motivations are of revenge.
Jul 24, 2014 1:28 PM

Jun 2013
Shibasaki is pretty damn good at solving those riddles. Wonder whats going to happen to Lisa now. Really want more back story on 9 and 12 as well but we will probably get that as the episodes go on.
Jul 24, 2014 1:33 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
I'm really enjoying this series. I like the cat and mouse game and 9 and I'm really enjoying that for once, the antagonists can actually be grown men (that actually look like police) instead of white haired preteens. The animation and soundtrack are top notch too.

I'm thinking that Lisa must be related to the cop. Otherwise I fail to see how she could be so important to the story. Maybe she's the daughter?
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jul 24, 2014 1:37 PM
Feb 2014
Great episode, as expected. Not too much I can comment abt the episode. It felt more like a build up.

I'm kinda wondering what role Lisa's gonna be playing. They shifted the focus of the show away from her to Shibazaki in this episode, which was good, I guess. He's turning out to be quite an interesting opponent to Sphinx. My only complaint abt him was that rant he went on at the end of the video... I'm not sure why he did that...

But anyways, I hope they focus more on Lisa now. Developing Shibazaki was important, but Lisa's role will evidently be the one to make or break the show, so I wanna know how she's involved...

Keten said:

I wonder why 11 episodes wouldn't be enough... 11 episodes equate to at least 220 minutes of airing time... more than 3.5 hrs... which is longer than almost every film. Yet we have great Psychological Thriller films like the Silence of the Lambs that give solid character developments in less than 2 hrs of airing time...

I'm probably not as experienced with anime and all like u guys, but I don't understand why having only 11 episodes would be a serious handicap for a psychological thriller... If the ppl behind the show are smart, I'd venture to guess that 220 minutes is more than enough time to flesh out the main characters (only 4) while keeping the story moving with the mind games...

I understand the first 3 episodes have been pretty action-packed with not so much Character development, but I wouldn't be so quick to assume the rest of the series will continue to ignore the characters...

Just a thought frm an amateur anime viewer...
The most annoying thing about some anime is that they don't know when they've died...
Jul 24, 2014 1:39 PM

Nov 2007
I like the tension between Sphinx and the police, but I'm still failing to see how Lisa means anything to the story yet. Hope it's addressed very soon, because the scenes with Lisa just feel meaningless at the moment.
Jul 24, 2014 1:39 PM

Jan 2014
Loving it so far
Jul 24, 2014 1:44 PM

Feb 2012
Duri1n said:
Great episode, as expected. Not too much I can comment abt the episode. It felt more like a build up.

I'm kinda wondering what role Lisa's gonna be playing. They shifted the focus of the show away from her to Shibazaki in this episode, which was good, I guess. He's turning out to be quite an interesting opponent to Sphinx. My only complaint abt him was that rant he went on at the end of the video... I'm not sure why he did that...

But anyways, I hope they focus more on Lisa now. Developing Shibazaki was important, but Lisa's role will evidently be the one to make or break the show, so I wanna know how she's involved...

Just a thought from the amateur anime viewer...
Duri1n said:

Keten said:

I wonder why 11 episodes wouldn't be enough... 11 episodes equate to at least 220 minutes of airing time... more than 3.5 hrs... which is longer than almost every film. Yet we have great Psychological Thriller films like the Silence of the Lambs that give solid character developments in less than 2 hrs of airing time...

I'm probably not as experienced with anime and all like u guys, but I don't understand why having only 11 episodes would be a serious handicap for a psychological thriller... If the ppl behind the show are smart, I'd venture to guess that 220 minutes is more than enough time to flesh out the main characters (only 4) while keeping the story moving with the mind games...

I understand the first 3 episodes have been pretty action-packed with not so much Character development, but I wouldn't be so quick to assume the rest of the series will continue to ignore the characters...

Just a thought frm an amateur anime viewer...

CookieBun said:
I like the tension between Sphinx and the police, but I'm still failing to see how Lisa means anything to the story yet. Hope it's addressed very soon, because the scenes with Lisa just feel meaningless at the moment.

In regards to Lisa, I'm only using the information given so far so don't judge me later on :P
9 and 12 have a goal in mind, they are, in some small way, connected to something despite lacking so many other things in their lives. Shibasaki is the same way. In a way he's the cliched cop that's so far into his work that other aspects of his life suffer. What about Lisa? Bullied at school, can't connect to the only family member she has, and is played with and thrown away by 9 and 12. She is, in a sense, empty. She doesn't belong anywhere, yet for some reason I have this feeling she'll be playing a role in having the other characters come to terms with the things they lost/lack and try to become whole.

Duri1n, I'm totally with you on that. A lot of anime viewers think more=better, but a lot of times that leads to filler episodes, drawn out plots, and the like. It's also this need to see characters being "fully fleshed out" even when it's better to just judge for ourselves what a character is like as they interact with the events in the plot (even if it's short!).
idontwannapostJul 24, 2014 1:50 PM
Jul 24, 2014 1:51 PM

Nov 2012
Interesting episode. I hope the riddles haven't ended now that the characters already found out what they wanted about the police.
A connection with the Orsepius' riddles and the main plot could be something interesting to watch.
Jul 24, 2014 1:52 PM
Feb 2014
jimjameswhatever said:
]
In regards to Lisa, I'm only using the information given so far so don't judge me later on :P
9 and 12 have a goal in mind, they are, in some small way, connected to something despite lacking so many other things in their lives. Shibasaki is the same way. In a way he's the cliched cop that's so far into his work that other aspects of his life suffer. What about Lisa? Bullied at school, can't connect to the only family member she has, and is played with and thrown away by 9 and 12. She is, in a sense, empty. She doesn't belong anywhere, yet for some reason I have this feeling she'll be playing a role in having the other characters come to terms with the things they lost/lack and try to become whole.

Sounds about right. I didn;t really doubt her role in the series, just to make that clear. I have been pretty neutral abt her. I was just wondering what kinda role she will play, n ur theory seems to fit pretty nicely with what I know of the characters so far.

Anyways, I expect the next few episodes will focus more on her. Her running away frm home is probably the beginning of her journey, and it only seems natural (imo) that she'll b playing a more prominent role frm now on.
The most annoying thing about some anime is that they don't know when they've died...
Jul 24, 2014 1:56 PM

Jan 2014
Bravo police, bravo! First riddle solved in time.
A bit of a background story about Nine and Twelve, too.
And about Nine's headaches, I think that's got something to do with the title of this anime. I don't know whether I missed something important about the story or not, but my guess is that this whole thing they're doing is because of the trauma or terror they experienced and that's why they want to create same intensity of terror so eventually the pain they feel can hopefully be annihilated because of those 'two terrors' being in resonance.
Jul 24, 2014 2:00 PM

May 2012
Keten said:
There is no knowledge of who these kids are, all we know is that they are some psychopath kids, sure we'll get an explanation later, but if we don't know their overall goal now we cannot possible gain any sort of emotion attachment to one side or the other.

Watanabe usually saves back stories and a lot of the development in characters until later in the series as seen in Cowboy Bebop and Samurai Champloo. From what I've seen, Zankyou no Terror will be the same so the past of our cast will probably be revealed in depth later on.

Keten said:
Edit: Also... If the entire purpose of these bombings was so they could convince the cops that they were behind the plutonium heist. Couldn't they have just.. Idunno.. Told them on their video that they have plutonium? Or less public way, write "Sphinx" somewhere in paint in the factory?

Well they did write VON in both cases so they kinda did write their names on what they did though the significance of VON still hasn't been explained. If they had just came out and said, "hey we have the plutonium" without showing that they actually were a serious threat capable of using the plutonium as a weapon, would anyone have believed them? It would be essentially just a random video of 2 kids claiming they stole plutonium.
Jul 24, 2014 2:02 PM

Apr 2013
Another amazing episode, expected hehe. Go alisa leave thay crazy on her own savr yourself. Shibasaki made it he solved the ridle. I think Nine was kinda happy that the ridle was solved. Things about the past of those two were revealed. Not sth major but still enough to help out understand them more.
A Story will always come to it's end. The thing is, will you move on after it's over?
Jul 24, 2014 2:04 PM

Oct 2013
great episode
interesting riddles so far
wonder why they were all locked up that shit def wasn't a normal orphanage
I want more background information on them two now D: that was a FUCKKKKK
[/quote]
Jul 24, 2014 2:04 PM

Apr 2011
Really good episode, It was nice to the police win, though i really wanted to see some explosions, but o well some other time then. Can't wait for more, really interested on 9 and 12's past, hope we get to more development soon.
Jul 24, 2014 2:10 PM

Mar 2009
What is Lisa's purpose in this series? We all feel bad for her. That's it. I hope she gets more involved soon enough.

That aside, Shibasaki's a great character. I like him a lot.
Jul 24, 2014 2:14 PM

May 2009
If Shibazaki is indeed Lisa's father, it makes Lisa a good hostage. It will definitely make Shibazaki angrier than he already is, but also regretful. It makes it a coincidental connection too, unless 9 and 12 had their eyes on her for a while already. I wonder if they did a background check on her. They should have.

From 12, seems like Lisa is meant to be killed. Painful to part huh? But if they aren't killing now, the latter killing of one individual is for hype? Outrage?

Lisa's mom is a wreck. But people like that, obsessive through insecurity and sudden shock (the father suddenly left them), need to be treated with care and love and have to be reassured and given time. Lisa's inability to do that, inability to respond to her mom's distress, makes her a blase character, possibly why 12 said Lisa has similar character to those kids who have been cut off from emotional connections. She just finds it a repetitive task now.. and running away like that.. hmm. I wonder who the number she was calling was.

So is VON ('hope') a message that hope still exists for humanity to come together? To connect? That's gonna end up being very Kokoro Connect. Also.. if they don't do it well, will end up pretty lame.

9 and 12 seem to be wanting to play a game of ideals. They're toying with the police now. They blew up a government building. They want to challenge those who represent authorities of the country. It would be good if some sociological complexities came in. Mentioning Unabomber was an interesting step. But what now, what next?

If 5 is considered an old accomplice due to institutional affiliations, now that her ideological affiliations have switched (she a detective?) how will they face?
_____ _ _ ______

Within pain, there is desire.

_____ _ _ ______
Jul 24, 2014 2:27 PM

Nov 2012
So these riddle are going to be a weekly occurrence?

And detective guy is the new L.

This seems to be following a very formulaic set of episodes.
Jul 24, 2014 2:32 PM
Sep 2013
So those kids learned in the same school fo "special kids" as L and N? Death Note.
Jul 24, 2014 2:33 PM

Feb 2012
VanishingKira said:
So these riddle are going to be a weekly occurrence?

No. This show is not Death Note. From what I remember about Death Note, that show was about Justice, and the ramifications of dealing "Justice" around like Oprah giving out free cars.

This show is not the same. It's slightly similar, but not enough to put them together
-__-

Maerow said:
-"How to solve this riddle..."

-"I beat the green dragon ! Look !"

-"Dragon...huh ? THAT'S IT !"

Oh god kill me, that's so cliché...

hahah yeah I totally saw that one coming. BUT, at the same time I thought it was insanely clever of them to use the mock 'puzzles and dragons'' game and incorporate it into the cliche like that. That game is insanely popular in Japan and is now spreading in popularity in the States as well (I personally can't stand that game LOL). It's a game you play with your 'online friends,' and is ultimately a tool to connect the people that play the game together. It's crazy how well that ties into the story.

"Cliches done well 101"
idontwannapostJul 24, 2014 4:48 PM
Jul 24, 2014 2:42 PM

Jul 2012
so far I like the police more. I wonder when they will make the main characters more appealing.
I am falling, I am fading, I am drowning, help me to breathe.
Jul 24, 2014 2:53 PM

Apr 2013
VanishingKira said:

Naaw, Shibazaki being an intelligent detective is his only comparison to L.
Powerful eyebrows.
Jul 24, 2014 3:03 PM
Jul 2014
migohunter said:
VanishingKira said:

Naaw, Shibazaki being an intelligent detective is his only comparison to L.

agreed

Five will take up that mantel or she won't be like l at all or better...
Jul 24, 2014 3:16 PM

Jul 2013
this episode was just great
nice to have some backstory on sphinx and shibasaki

i hope that lisa meets them again soon
the op and ed are also amazing
Jul 24, 2014 3:35 PM

Jun 2013
Another good episode,
score one for the police
wonder when the girl is going to start being useful or doing something

aside from that I didn't like how the riddle was solved, as soon as I saw the fat guy playing the game I figured that would have led Shibasaki (is that his name?) to his answer.

4/5
Jul 24, 2014 3:38 PM

May 2013
Kundalini said:
If Shibazaki is indeed Lisa's father, it makes Lisa a good hostage.
That's a really interesting thought. I was wondering was significance Lisa would have to the story and that would be a good twist especially since it was mentioned that Shibazaki had a family. I'm finding this show really interesting and the episodes are really bringing me in.
"Listen Simon... Don't forget. Believe in yourself. Not in the you who believes in me. Not the me who believes in you. Believe in the you who believes in yourself." ~ Kamina (TTGL)

“You should enjoy the little detours. To the fullest. Because that’s where you’ll find the things more important than what you want.” ~ Ging (HxH)
Jul 24, 2014 4:23 PM

Apr 2014
great ep

this serie is getting more interesting

hope we get more answer the next ep
Jul 24, 2014 4:35 PM

Apr 2011
This anime keeps getting better and now everything is bout to get personal.
Jul 24, 2014 4:44 PM

Jan 2009
old man Shibazaki battling against 2 kid terrorist
Jul 24, 2014 4:58 PM

Apr 2009
look, it's the new Death Note =o
Jul 24, 2014 5:33 PM
Jan 2014
nice! i wonder their next plan of action is next now that its according to plan of what they wanted, a game of tag
Jul 24, 2014 5:34 PM

Jan 2013
Good episode, not much interaction with Lisa shown.
Successful disarmament.
Jul 24, 2014 6:05 PM
Jul 2013
I love the animation, so grey and fitting.

Lisa's mom ... WTF is she?

I hope to see something from Lisa, she has been the only thing that I want to know and discover.
Jul 24, 2014 6:56 PM

May 2013
Solid episode. The show's definitely been laying a bunch of pieces down; hopefully they've got a plan for them all and it won't turn into a mess. Lisa's character journey has just begun it looks like, and I'm intrigued by Shibasaki's past as a second generation nuclear bomb victim -- you don't see much of that in anime, so I'm interested to see how they'll be playing with it.

That being said, some of the exposition was clumsily handled I think. They didn't have to come right out and say "So the reason you're taking on this case is because you don't like people fucking with radioactive materials." I'd rather make the connection myself guys.

The riddle was a lot better than it was last week, and I enjoyed how it built off of the foundation of the last riddle. You could almost say doing so is making things too easy for the police but as this episode pointed out, it actually looks like are villains are doing this intentionally. To what end? Well we'll just have to see.

Also, put me in the camp that thinks Lisa is Shibasaki's daughter.
Jul 24, 2014 7:14 PM

Apr 2010
Shit, I didn't expect them to out and say that Shibazaki's hometown was Hiroshima. It's no fucking wonder why the people of Hiroshima don't like the summer.

August 6, 1945.
Jul 24, 2014 7:35 PM

Aug 2013
Shibazaki owned Sphinx thoroughly. Now I expect the latter to counterattack.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Jul 24, 2014 7:47 PM

Feb 2012
Starmac said:

That being said, some of the exposition was clumsily handled I think. They didn't have to come right out and say "So the reason you're taking on this case is because you don't like people fucking with radioactive materials." I'd rather make the connection myself guys.

The thing is...that ISN'T the reason why he's taking on the case. It's just something that his higher up assumed and inquired about since he remember that Shibasaki was a second generation victim. Given the situation, was it unnatural for him to ask that? I guess it all depends how you think a person would have acted in that conversation, but I do see how someone can think it was clumsy exposition, although I kinda disagree.

Shibasaki avoided answering to that assumption and suggested there was something more to it than that. Clumsy exposition would have been Shibasaki explaining himself about his past. But all he ever mentioned was how he hated summers as a child.
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Zankyou no Terror Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 14, 2014

380 by Yavicci »»
Yesterday, 10:59 AM

Poll: » Zankyou no Terror Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 25, 2014

866 by Pain »»
Apr 21, 7:47 PM

» Boring

egosumjohn - Aug 30, 2023

22 by Pain »»
Apr 21, 7:38 PM

Poll: » Zankyou no Terror Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 7, 2014

448 by ozrodger46 »»
Apr 14, 2:43 PM

Poll: » Zankyou no Terror Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Naruleach - Jul 5, 2014

422 by ozrodger46 »»
Apr 14, 2:24 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.