Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Oct 3, 2009 6:25 PM

Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
There's new one.. Cross Game Quiz instead of Moro Sketching.

Tomorrow is the next game and they are practicing.

OP has new clips (not whole OP has new scenes), even the end of OP with separating four parts are different! As if that new girl is coming out soon.

Aoba & Kou's fathers are also looking forward to the game and are in Aoba's shop.

That guy who couldn't be in the game is reading design related book.

That girl who asked for a game against Aoba in the beginning is asking for her look on her batting. She reminded us about the girl who's going to be in a movie.

Everyone's anticipating on tomorrow's game, even that guy with spiky hair is daydreaming.

Game vs. Ryuoh comes.

During the stage, that girl is impatient and stole the mic from the girl who is speaking and when to the backstage for the game on radio after speaking.

Game began.

Everyone's shocked about Kou's pitching and Azuma's batting.

Aoba is very hyper about winning.

That guy from behind is thinking about something...

NEW ENDING!! Moeruyou na Koi Janai Kedo" (燃えるような恋じゃないけど) by Tsuru (鶴)
tsubasaloverOct 24, 2009 1:05 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Oct 4, 2009 12:59 AM

Mar 2007
A very boring episode this time...
Oct 4, 2009 1:05 AM

Nov 2007
Probably gets more interesting next ep.
Oct 4, 2009 9:34 PM
Apr 2008
LOL @ Aoba's overexcitement xD

Pretty good episode in my opinion. The new ending's nice, but I think I like the first two better.
Oct 4, 2009 11:48 PM

Jul 2008
I loved this episode, so much greatness. Kou and Azuma slay.
Oct 5, 2009 12:41 AM

May 2008
Ouch that gotta hurt, yea no special strategies when playing against Seishu? so disappointing xD

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Oct 5, 2009 1:15 AM

Jul 2009
The opening is a bit different, the ending is good, but Squarehood is much better, and as you can see from the ending, it's a flag..

LOL @ Nakanishi blushed, it seems he and the track field girl get along pretty well..

They are dragging this on, but not bad..and Adachi Mitsuru-sensei is in the anime, typical of him XD

drkshadow06 said:
LMAO

So next episode we can see Mishima and Kou's head on, and great lead from Akaishi to silenced Shimano..
Oct 5, 2009 5:18 AM

Aug 2008
Nice to see a spoiler in the ED. Also a decent episode.
Oct 5, 2009 5:51 AM

Jan 2008
I cannot beleive anyone found this boring. The start of the game had me rivited from the first pitch.

Dam! I WANT a Nomo bag!
Oct 5, 2009 6:55 AM

Mar 2007
datsunvic said:
I cannot believe anyone found this boring.

Probably has something to do with the fact that half of the episode was filler.
Oct 5, 2009 7:01 AM

Jul 2009
datsunvic said:
I cannot beleive anyone found this boring. The start of the game had me rivited from the first pitch.

Dam! I WANT a Nomo bag!
It was not because of the game, seriously i have been waiting for Kou vs Mishima's duel, but the first half was a filler, that's why i said they dragged this on, but it's not that bad, it's good and Adachi Mitsuru had a screentime too XD

llamaben said:
Nice to see a spoiler in the ED. Also a decent episode.
Now that you mentioned it i think they will finished the match in the next episode, damn i hate cliffhanger
Oct 5, 2009 8:06 AM

Apr 2009
who is that new girl in the op and ed? looked a lot like Wakaba
Oct 5, 2009 8:14 AM

Jul 2009
Afrolukas said:
who is that new girl in the op and ed? looked a lot like Wakaba
It's a spoiler..too bad they changed the op and ed so early
Oct 5, 2009 8:34 AM

May 2008
The OP has really grew on me :(
Oct 5, 2009 9:36 AM
Nov 2008
Wow, glad I don't actually pay attention to OPs and EDs.

Fun episode, most interesting game in a while for sure. Anyone else notice that Seishou starts every game with 3 outs? Azuma and Kou are fun to watch and all, but it would be nice if we could see some development elsewhere on the team. Senda made a fool out of himself yet again? How surprising and unpredictable!

Both the coach and the manager are so awesome. The special strategy retort was amazingly well done.
Oct 5, 2009 10:18 AM

Jul 2009
thalandor46 said:
Wow, glad I don't actually pay attention to OPs and EDs.

Fun episode, most interesting game in a while for sure. Anyone else notice that Seishou starts every game with 3 outs? Azuma and Kou are fun to watch and all, but it would be nice if we could see some development elsewhere on the team. Senda made a fool out of himself yet again? How surprising and unpredictable!

Both the coach and the manager are so awesome. The special strategy retort was amazingly well done.
Miya, Akaishi and Nakanishi made a good improvement, Akaishi's lead manage to silenced Shimano, at least his run doesn't get point, Nakanishi is a good 3rd base but he was slow, but a good batter, Miya is the captain and he improved a lot, i think the 2nd match Seishuu Kou didn't get 3 strikeout in first inning, the opponent tends to bunt it, you can correct me if i'm wrong
Oct 5, 2009 11:00 AM
Nov 2008
Sorry, I didn't mean Kou, I meant the batters. I think every offensive first inning that Seishou has played has been a 1 2 3 inning. And I guess I just want to see more players hit the damn ball, and not have it brushed over late in the game.
Oct 5, 2009 11:10 AM

Jul 2009
thalandor46 said:
Sorry, I didn't mean Kou, I meant the batters. I think every offensive first inning that Seishou has played has been a 1 2 3 inning. And I guess I just want to see more players hit the damn ball, and not have it brushed over late in the game.
Seems a misunderstanding i made there, apparently Adachi's main char team is almost a defensive team, i'm glad that Seishuu had a clean up batter like Azuma, unlike H2 where the team where Hiro played was an absolute defense. so yeah i love to see they hit the ball, the line up for first 3 batter in Seishuu is Sendan, Miya and then Nakanishi right? so yeah don't expect much from them
Oct 5, 2009 11:19 AM

Aug 2008
Good episode. I actually have no clue where this is going, and I'm excited. I suspect Seishou will loose, but it could go either way. Even the stuff with the ex-vice-chairman's daughter was funny.
Oct 5, 2009 12:13 PM

Oct 2007
Not really overexciting episode but enjoyable. I agreed about Miss. Idol Ace was pretty funny.

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Oct 5, 2009 12:53 PM

Oct 2007
tsubasalover said:
Probably gets more interesting next ep.

i sure hope so
Oct 5, 2009 5:07 PM

Mar 2009
Nice episode, "what an idiot"!!! LOL, i love the coach and the manager. Senda in the hallway was funny. And it was great that the snobby chick snagged the mic and walked off stage so she could watch the game. I didn't think the OP/ED were spoilers, I just thought it was supposed to be what Wakaba looked like if she grew up, idk? Can't wait to see the showdown, and the outcome of the game!! Urahara Out!!
Oct 5, 2009 8:41 PM

Nov 2007
Laevantein said:

drkshadow06 said:
LMAO

lol~~
Oct 6, 2009 2:09 PM
Dec 2008
Aoba cheering for Kou was pure awesomeness
I liked the episode - as every other episode before - ALOT. I'm really happy how Azuma and Kou and Aoba developed through the series, I just can't wait until Aoba finally gives in and they get together.

Then again, I'm kind of afraid that it will be like a Dawson's Creek get together, that despite all the things going for it just doesnt work. Meh

Kou fighto!
Oct 6, 2009 6:19 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
tsubasalover said:
Laevantein said:

drkshadow06 said:
LMAO

lol~~

LOL indeed

Other than that, spoiler in the OP/ED are pretty clear about the appearance of a new important character.

Very good buildup episode.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Oct 7, 2009 8:03 AM

Sep 2008
wakka9ca said:
tsubasalover said:
Laevantein said:

drkshadow06 said:
LMAO

lol~~

LOL indeed

LOL xP
liked that part, it was like she finally showed her "true" self xDD

hmmm, didn't think the OP/ED was spoiler, thought it was what Wakaba would've looked like if she was alive, but again dunno. maybe it was meant to be a spoiler for a new character -__-"

rofl at Senda, when the coach said: "What an idiot."

Miss Idol Ace was pretty fuuny too =)

kinda so-so ep, next ep prolly gonna be exciting, can't wait 2 c Ko vs. Mishima >_<"

3/5 ep ...

When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.
Oct 8, 2009 6:47 AM
Feb 2009
will there be a HR rain next episode?
Oct 11, 2009 9:46 PM

Sep 2008
Tensai-Kun said:

hmmm, didn't think the OP/ED was spoiler, thought it was what Wakaba would've looked like if she was alive, but again dunno. maybe it was meant to be a spoiler for a new character -__-"

That is what I thought... Well I have seen worse spoilers in an OP/ED before 'cough' Valkyria Chronicles.

Good episode, glad to see a more in depth baseball game. Since I have been watching Major a ton for the past month, it makes the games in this boring compared to what I thought of them originally (mainly the long one earlier in the series) unless they really are just that much worse. My point was, this game is definitely better than the past 2 ones.

Glad to see they are keeping the same OP song and just changing some of the images. I freaking love Kobukuro and I don't want to see that song change. New ED is pretty good.

Oh and lol at Asai Beer (Spoof of Asari Beer in Japan for those who don't know)
Oct 11, 2009 10:30 PM
Dec 2008
BTW, the new ending song is not "Ai Tarinai". It is another song on the single album of the same name. It is called "Moeru Youna Koi Janaikedo."
Oct 12, 2009 6:31 PM

Apr 2009
Oooo... I need to not skip the theme it seems xD;
Jun 12, 2010 9:52 PM

Sep 2009
It's soo easy to enter to get that Nomo bag...\

It was funny seeing Aoba cheering, especially since she said she cheers for the team and not just Kou.
Dec 3, 2010 12:31 PM

Sep 2008
Excited to see how things will turn out...

It would be nice if other members on the Seishuu team were improving a bit faster. Sometimes it seems that Kou is getting better at a much faster pace, causing the rest of the team to often be outmatched in actual games... Although, they seem to play defense really well? I hardly know anything about baseball so not sure if I use terms correctly...
Dec 5, 2010 2:01 PM

Feb 2009
Aoba's cheering shure fits her character,lol. Also the show turned out to be so interesting for me that i always forget to comment on the episodes although i had decided to do so for every episode.

"Only the dead have seen the end of war".
~Plato~
Mar 25, 2011 8:30 PM

Apr 2009
I got it right, it's probably too late for me to win a Momo bag though :p
Sep 13, 2011 6:44 AM

Dec 2010
It's refreshing to see a more laid-back buildup to a major game rather than the usual "We have to be stronger!" frenzy. Bravo, Cross Game.
"Ah yes, the demon drink...'Nature's Alzheimer's' they call it"
Jan 8, 2012 4:09 PM

Oct 2010
Man I was yelling at my screen with enjoyment this episode i really hope they win
Sep 18, 2012 2:25 PM

Sep 2011
Pitching against Azuma... what were they thinking? LOL

Aoba cheering for Kou!? <3
Mar 15, 2013 5:54 PM

Nov 2011
Damn, I just have to say that those pitches this episode sure were a sight to see.
May 1, 2013 1:39 PM

Jan 2012
Such an exciting episode. This match is proving to be great. Can't wait to see what happens next.

Aug 7, 2013 8:55 PM

Nov 2011
Ah please guys, before see this thread I didn't ever think that "Wakaba" is a spoiler.. No different with first version of the opening, she was there too !!

Good to see they didn't change "V" sign scenes at the opening, that is my favorite part..
New ending not as catching as 1st and 2nd ending from what I saw from the first look though ...
"The Slave is the have-not, the oppressed one with nothing to spare.
But because the Slave is in that despairing situation, having nothing, it can kill the Emperor !"
Jun 23, 2014 6:23 PM

Aug 2013
This episode was exciting, it got me giggling like a little girl xD

Dat quiz at the beginning... If you don't know that Seishu pitcher is Koh after 26 episodes, you're watching the anime wrong x)

That scene at the beginning, it reminded so much of me and one of my friend where whenever I would go to his house to watch a Canadian of Montreal game, they would lose :P

Oh wow, Aoba have really become Koh #1 fan, uh? :)

I'm really curious about something in the OP and the ED. I noticed it earlier, but now it's even more flagrant. Is there an old Wakaba? She look more... develloped. A ghost? In any way, it's impossible that she alive, you know, she drowned x)
But we'll see. For now, it was predictable that Mishima would come in from the last preview.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Aug 6, 2014 9:32 PM

Feb 2013
Now we Got a Quiz at the Beginning. Still really Adorable, but come ON! if you Honestly don't Know who the Pitcher is, your NOT paying attention.

Aoba Sure is Excited xD!

Partially New OP and New ED.
Argue? Nah Too lazy For That...
Are You Ready!~Gulcasa
Jan 8, 2015 12:07 AM

Jul 2008
Ah finally some baseball this episode. Looks like a good game to me.
Jan 18, 2015 12:14 AM

Jan 2013
Yay new ending. Ahh, it's sad to see what Wakaba would have looked like at 17
This game is exciting, nice to see Aoba energetic and cheering.
Sep 30, 2015 7:44 AM

Jun 2009
Looks like Kou has really leveled up since the last game. That cheering from Aoba...
Oct 20, 2015 2:58 PM

Dec 2014
I get into this show so damn hard. I don't even like baseball but I love this anime. Time to continue watching lol.
Dec 18, 2015 12:09 AM

Mar 2015
Azuma hasn't even lost besides to Kou once..lmao.
Feb 2, 2016 12:43 AM

Nov 2011
Seeing Aoba so fired up for Kou was rather endearing.

It was kinda sad seeing a what-if 17-year-old Wakaba in the new ED. I'm sure she would have loved to have seen this. Which... I guess she will have in a way, if Kou and Akainishi have anything to do with it.

I know everyone complains about the flashbacks, but to me it's not necessarily about how much we the viewers are attached to Wakaba as it is how defining development it was in the characters' lives. A death like that will stick with them forever, but it's especially true now that Kou is in high school and capable of realizing the dream Wakaba had of him. We don't need to to have a deep connection to Wakaba's character so much; we just need to get used to the fact that she will always be important to the related characters, and that in many ways she in the inspiration behind everything they've done so far.

I've said something similar before, but Kou's 20th birthday will be at best bittersweet, and at worst utterly devastating. Buying the engagement ring is especially fitting because in this case it symbolizes both Kou's final farewell to Wakaba and his eternal dedication to her.

I feel like most people here are neglecting the thematic and symbolic significance of many of these developments and only praising or criticizing the superficial layer.

And for the record... the superficial layer is legitimately exciting right now. Like @bdsbff, I'm not even especially interested in baseball, yet this show has me hooked.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Crehscent said:
Azuma hasn't even lost besides to Kou once..lmao.

He never really "lost" to Kou either, but Kou did shake him up. Azuma intentionally fouled twice, but after Kou made him unintentionally foul a third time (something that, as we've seen, never happens to him) he gave up the batting box to Kou's next pitch (he considered even fouling unintentionally to be a loss even though that's not the case in a real game).

Of course, Kou has improved a lot since then. If Kou ends up going against Mishima, we might get a better idea of just how well he stacks up. Either way, he and Azuma are both amazing players.
Jul 23, 2017 5:52 AM

Dec 2014
Kou and Azuma are wrecking. I just love how Azume just nonchalantly steps upto the batter box and hits a homerun. XDD

Aoba and her excitement was a sight to see. :3
Aug 9, 2018 5:39 AM

Feb 2013
I can't wait to see Shimano's face at the end of the game.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Help: Cross Game filler episodes?

JoNuttanon1994 - Dec 28, 2023

6 by zckfox »»
Dec 28, 2023 5:51 PM

Poll: » Cross Game Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

BlowITA - Apr 12, 2009

66 by -mmdll- »»
Oct 9, 2023 7:43 AM

Poll: » Cross Game Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

fanty - Apr 5, 2009

194 by Ethan348 »»
Jul 3, 2023 3:30 PM

» Cross Game Soundtrack

falph - Apr 5, 2010

8 by StewedBeefHaunch »»
Jun 18, 2023 2:04 PM

Poll: » Cross Game Episode 50 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Mar 27, 2010

279 by animejas »»
Apr 27, 2023 1:45 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.