Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
No Game No Life (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (21) « First ... « 17 18 [19] 20 21 »
Dec 2, 2015 9:49 AM

Jun 2015
What a way to end a battle! But no no no no not a cliffhanger. They don't have a second season. It's been more than a year and there isn't a second season in the horizon. 😭
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
Dec 13, 2015 6:56 PM
Dec 2014
Damn why didn't I watch this sooner. What an amazing experience.
Dec 30, 2015 8:58 PM

Mar 2014
I enjoyed watching NGNL. Hope to see a season 2.
"I have blue eyes, blonde hair... uhhhh... gatling cannon..." My smile's fanbase... maybe...
[remember to put image here so sig look cool]_______
Jan 9, 2016 12:30 PM

Jul 2014
Finally over!

This could have been a fun watch if it wasn't such a blatant Mary Sue wish fulfillment story that would make Dakari King Mykan blush, if the characters were actually likable, if there was actual tension, and if there wasn't so much goddamn fanservice.

As it is right now though, this is easily by far the worst Madhouse show I have seen, and I hope it doesn't get a season 2.

I haven't seen SAO yet, so I can't compare them, but I highly doubt that it could be as bad as this or worse.

1/5 for the episode, 1/10 for the show.
Jan 18, 2016 4:35 AM

Sep 2015
I pity Steph during the course of this show. Other than that, it was definitely a great watch XD If there's ever a second season made, I'll make sure to wear sunglasses when watching it; the color on the visuals hurt my eyes too much.
Feb 3, 2016 8:37 PM
Jul 2018
Damn, that was awesome.
Loved the game.

Blank Doesn't Lose *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.*

The most epic part was the end, when Sora explained the rest of his plan envolving Elven Garde and when Sora and Shiro deduced how it was supposed to play out in the end with all the chess pieces and all. That was epic.

Really wished for a season 2 already, that's really sad *crying*
*still crying*
*bwaaaaaauhuuh*

Ahhahah, Anyway, really an outstanding anime.
Really happy I could watch this *.*
Mar 3, 2016 9:23 AM

Jun 2014
Please tell me what's special about this show???
Mar 4, 2016 5:01 AM
Jan 2016
That was very good show! Giving 9/10. Will be waiting for the next season!
Mar 12, 2016 10:16 PM
Dec 2014
D-ohnuts said:
Finally over!

This could have been a fun watch if it wasn't such a blatant Mary Sue wish fulfillment story that would make Dakari King Mykan blush, if the characters were actually likable, if there was actual tension, and if there wasn't so much goddamn fanservice.

As it is right now though, this is easily by far the worst Madhouse show I have seen, and I hope it doesn't get a season 2.

I haven't seen SAO yet, so I can't compare them, but I highly doubt that it could be as bad as this or worse.

1/5 for the episode, 1/10 for the show.

Only want to comment on the fanservice part. Whut? This show is actually very light on ecchi stuff, did you even watch shows like highschool DxD or To Love Ru? Now thats some exsessive fanservice which is kinda the point in those animes.

Anyway NGNL was a great anime imo and hope for second season.
Mar 12, 2016 10:25 PM

Jul 2014
ogorhan said:
Only want to comment on the fanservice part. Whut? This show is actually very light on ecchi stuff, did you even watch shows like highschool DxD or To Love Ru? Now thats some exsessive fanservice which is kinda the point in those animes.

I've seen bits and pieces of those shows, and I have the same thoughts on those, but that doesn't make the fanservice in this show any less retarded. If a show spends the better part of at least two or three episodes with fanservice for humiliation fetishists, I'm not going to like it.
Mar 25, 2016 12:42 AM
Aug 2013
"Most people in this world can only mock/scoff/insult at the works of the other although they may not be able to make it or expert on that too", what a irony . . . :))
~ この 素晴らしい イマダ の 世界 に 神様 の 祝福 を !!! ~
~ Kono Subarashii Imad no Sekai ni Kamisama no Shukufuku wo !!! ~
~ God's Blessing on This Wonderful Imad's World !!! ~
Mar 31, 2016 1:49 PM

Mar 2016
what a way to finish

10/10
May 12, 2016 3:21 PM

Apr 2014
When its been almost 2years & there still isn't a 2nd season.

So when will we riot
May 28, 2016 10:21 PM

Dec 2015
Mr_Perv_ said:
When its been almost 2years & there still isn't a 2nd season.

So when will we riot

Probably sometime soon.
Jun 17, 2016 4:57 PM

Nov 2008
It's really a generic anime overall, it doesn't have anything particular :
The story is clearly designed to appeal to geek fantasm about saving the world in a digital world with games.
The chara-design was poor and the animation too flashy. The fanservice didn't bother me much since it's dedicated to masculine audience (however they even added incestual relationship to have all the clichés in the book).

But despite having all those stereotypes I actually enjoyed it, the games were entertainig enough.
Jun 21, 2016 11:32 AM

Sep 2015
This anime was well done. I like the universe, there is a lot going on with 16 races ect. I have started the LN and cannot wait for them to all be translated in English. As for the episode 10/10, nice ending as well summoning the god at the end. I wish there would be a season 2 but it looks unlikely as this anime has been out 2 years now and no news :/ Still I loved this anime and I think it does a lot of things well.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/QcK_Dagger_HeaT&sclick=1][IMG]
Jul 21, 2016 7:06 PM
Jul 2018
Amazing, this was the first anime I saw where not even one character was likable. Sora was a bitch, Shiro was a bitch, Jibril was a bitch everyone's a bitch woooooow. Apart from the visuals, I can't find anything positive about this anime. Heck even the fanservice was bad.

1/10, can't wait for the movie and perhaps a season 2.
Jul 27, 2016 8:28 PM
Jul 2016
Genuinely fun to watch, absolutely loved it! I'm really hoping for a season two following that cliffhanger!
Aug 5, 2016 8:42 PM
Mar 2016
-sighs- such a good show with such an unfinished ending. i still give it an 8/10 regardless because the show does deserve it, i just hope we see a season 2 -prays to haruhi-
Aug 8, 2016 12:29 PM
Aug 2016
Season2 Please, i need it right now !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

VahalaYTSep 6, 2016 1:16 PM
Aug 15, 2016 4:11 PM

Dec 2014
Fun show, genuinely interested for a second season. Just wished they didn't so blantantly sexualize underaged lolis.
Either way, I didn't expect much from this show, especially since I literally decided to watch it because of the catchy opening.
LeMastaAug 15, 2016 4:30 PM
Aug 18, 2016 11:00 PM
GetsugaTENSHO

Jul 2012
Season 2 please !!!
張大です for 張大勇督察
Sep 4, 2016 2:28 PM

May 2013
This was AMAZING.

10/10
Sep 7, 2016 4:25 PM

Dec 2009
Ok 10/10 can't believe I missed this.

Like wow. That freaking blew me away. Everything about this anime blew me away. And they took control of the werebeast territory. Like damn.

15 more races to go. Lets hope the movie helps out in that respect. We need a season 2.
Oct 18, 2016 4:05 PM
Mar 2016
Man... I really regret watching these fucki*ing shit for entire life
nowadays many series always about Retard/Loner/Loser MC getting dreaming day,,

duh.. hope back to the past and watch something goood..

1/10 for sure
swansteiugerOct 18, 2016 4:35 PM
Oct 24, 2016 9:43 AM

May 2016
Where the heck is 2nd season ? Dxx
Dec 2, 2016 1:24 PM
Jan 2012
good anime of season,but not better anime of the year.
good results of games. I really wait this draw because make me remember of some cliches of animes.
But i like the results,but the consequences make a surprise. I wait a new season and have good content for this,but i don't have much chance this.
Dec 20, 2016 9:34 PM

Jan 2016
Wait for the movie.....
Dec 23, 2016 6:56 PM

Mar 2010
Fucking excellent but to much is missing and I don't see a proper ending o.o

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Jan 2, 2017 11:08 AM

Dec 2016
Wow this was fricking awesome!
please tell me there's hope for another season
Jan 4, 2017 3:05 PM

May 2015
I need season 2 right now!

This show was just pure fun, but sometimes the colours were killing me. Still very nice animation. :)
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Jan 27, 2017 2:01 AM

Jul 2014
PeacingOut said:
I like that Steph got to actually contribute something in the end, but other than that just kind of eh.....probably just not nearly otaku enough to have ever gotten really into this show.

Probably one of the most hyped up shows as it was airing (at least on MAL) that I've seen in a while that I just did not get into as much as most of the internet seemed to. Obviously it was entertaining enough to keep watching and had it's moments, but I'm never a big fan of what I see as substituting an actual premise (games, strategy, winning against seemingly impossible odds using your wits) for fanservice and otaku wank gag comedy. The show just did not handle the logic of it's game aspect (Issues like the whole Chess match and checkmate situation where Shiro should have clearly already lost being the most egregious example, but just in general) well even if it knew how to make it's games look as flashy as possibly thanks to the animation team at Madhouse which really did put in a strong effort. Despite said effort the show seemed to be more concerned with showing me the female characters T&A then actually building it's universe and characters in an interesting and engrossing way. The best moments of the show were also always the ones that had the least to do with the main characters who I both found incredibly obnoxious though perhaps less so as the series was nearing it's end. Just did not find Sora's loudmouth cool kid voice acting and general personality enjoyable at all and Shiro with her whispery waif voice might as well not even have been there for as much as she contributed most of the series despite the show trying to beat into the viewer how it's all about the two working together that makes them invincible.

Really can't think of much else to say, this show was just kind of a trifle that barely made the cut for me this season even though it did, but it must have done something right to make me not want to drop it flat out and stick with it. If there's a second season I doubt I'd be interested knowing what I know now about how poorly it uses it's game premise, but I can't say the experience of watching this has entirely been a waste of my time which is more than I can say from some shows. A 5/10 seems plenty reasonable for what this show gave me and where it fell short.

Love that Mario reference but yeah, a shut in shouldn't remotely have that much stamina to begin with. Too many deus ex machinas up the ass to count and that chick cheated up the ass with no magic used in the game but transformed(in my book that's magic).

They won because of Deus Ex MACHINA!!!!???? 5/10 - would never watch again.

As a gamer, I'm disappointed. The animation looked good, but i can't relate to the characters or the plot in general. I mean: I'm just not an otaku.

Finally!!!!! Someone who speaks my language about this series is here!!!!
I play video games. You should play a video game because you read my signature.
Jan 27, 2017 1:31 PM
Jan 2017
Not bad however, if in the upcoming movie they give us an alright conclusion, I will be satisfied.
Jan 27, 2017 1:34 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
RangerStranger said:
Not bad however, if in the upcoming movie they give us an alright conclusion, I will be satisfied.
The light novels are still publishing so that's evidentially not gonna happen. Also the movie is a prequel taking place several thousand years in the past
Jan 27, 2017 1:42 PM
Jan 2017
HaXXspetten said:
RangerStranger said:
The light novels are still publishing so that's evidentially not gonna happen. Also the movie is a prequel taking place several thousand years in the past
I did know this, thank you for the info, I will go read the light novel. Also the movie sounds quite interesting.
Feb 7, 2017 2:48 AM

Nov 2016
I really enjoyed this anime. Decided to marathon it because of the tshirt I got in the latest Loot Anime crate. Great animation, clever twists within the games, and the soundtrack is beautiful. 8/10
Apr 24, 2017 7:57 PM

May 2010
Yay, it was suuuuch a fun journey! :3 All of the characters were likeable, fanservice was creative and not pushy, everything looked and sounded amazing, love it!

Shiro is just a pure cuteness overload, and I was surprised by how charismatic and smart Sora was, at first I thought he would be just a typical pervy, creepy otaku, thankfully I was completely wrong!
To my surprise I liked Steph a lot as well, too bad later she didn't get much attention, I love dat silly clutz :3

I hope that upcoming movie is gonna be succesful and the second season will come out eventually, NGNL totally deserves it. For now I'm just a bit sad that there was no time for any development, or maybe showing something more of our MC's (supposedly) traumatic past. 8/10

I'm gonna miss these guys ;_;
May 3, 2017 5:28 PM

Oct 2011
was hesitant about the show and the poster kept me away for a while but i'm glad i gave it a shot and it's the most fun i've had since ages

10/10

"When the time is yours,
the future is waiting,
The person you become,
and the people you're creating.
"
Jul 3, 2017 3:49 AM
Jun 2017
i guss we are not getting a sesone 2 any time soon do we?

BTW sorry for my english english isnt my main
language
Jul 3, 2017 5:57 AM
Sep 2015
elior1 said:
i hope there will be season 2 so they will continue from this cliffhanger at the end

3 years later and still no 2nd season. But we are getting movie(prequal) though. Sora and Shiro prob wont be in though sadly...
Jul 17, 2017 6:04 PM

Jul 2009
Totally called Steph being the key piece to winning the fight, but Izuna definitely put up a good fight, tagging both Sora and Shiro. Then we've got them meeting the Priestess and doing a coin flip to have them join forces to take on the others, smart! Makes sense what they were saying about having to get all the race together to challenge Tet eh :P That won't be a regular chess match for sure lol. What I'm interested in is that last part, where the Priestess called down the gods, or Old Dei ... I guess that's what shrine priestesses do eh, commune with the gods? :O I wonder if every race has one of those!

So overall, I thought this was definitely fun to watch with nice visuals and music! Characters were decently interesting if not a little OP, and the overarching plot was pretty good too. The only downside for me is that knowing they're gonna win every time makes it less interesting, so a point off for that. Invincible characters have never been my thing, especially in shows like this. Oh well, it was still good, so I think it's closer to a 8.5, but gotta round it down. 8/10
Jul 26, 2017 4:15 PM

May 2016
I guess I need to start the LN instead of waiting there is no hope for this;-; 8/10 great show.
Sep 28, 2017 10:15 AM

Jul 2015
Nice final episode to end this rewatch, I enjoyed it more or less as much as the first time, AKA I had a blast, good stuff.
Oct 22, 2017 3:02 PM
Mar 2017
An okay ending, didn't really like the last 3 or so episodes, but still good overall. I'd say a 7/10
Dec 6, 2017 3:04 PM

Feb 2015
Finally the end of this show. It's curious that the most interesting part of the anime is the plot, I mean, what is it abou, cause de development could be cuestionable. The introductions was ok with our two main characters being transported to Disboard where they need to play to live. The characters Sora and Shiro are way overpowered and the way they won some challenges was not interesting at all.
Enjoyable anime with a plot grater than the story.
Dec 16, 2017 7:00 PM
Nov 2017
This show was a great laugh!
Couldn't stop smiling throughout!

10/10
Dec 23, 2017 12:54 AM

Feb 2010
Oh no I didn't realize the ending was going to be a cliffhanger. I hate those. I was wondering how they were going to become god so quickly haha. I should have know.
Great series. I laughed so much. Love the characters. Confused me a bit lol. They are too smart. It's insane. It's crazy how sora thought so far into his strategy. But super cool.
Kind of upset about the ending though. Mostly because i loved it and need a second season. But it's been years since this came out and there's nothing so i don't expect one which just sucks.
Not sure if I'll give it a 8 or 9.
If there was a second season by now then I'd easily go with a 9 but I almost feel like there never will be one and we're just left with the cliffhanger. It was so good though. I'll figure it out. XD
FOLLOW MY SOCIAL MEDIA IF YOU LIKE COSPLAY ADN ANIME RELATED VIDEOS!
https://www.youtube.com/user/LadyMeilin
https://www.facebook.com/Ladymeilin
Feb 28, 2018 9:16 AM

Mar 2016
The Blank has finally annexed the whole of Werebeasts' territory and making both sides happy. This is a wonderful show with a smart and cute loli, a genius brother, a straight (wo)man character and much more! Things were only STARTING to get interesting. The blank is not even worldwide famous yet!

12 Episodes are not enough! They do have a movie and the OVAs but what I want is a second season! Even though it's already 6 years old by 2018...
May 25, 2018 9:40 AM

Oct 2016
I gotta say this anime can compete with the big leagues when it comes to audio and video till date :) +1, but I was certainly not a fan of the way Sora delivered or introduced his plans/intentions as I felt it was obnoxiously fast-paced. I mean they did a good job to get all the important content all fit in 12 episodes(which made it entertaining throughout) but i guess 24 would've been better imo(I know many others dont want a stretched out anime as well but thats how I felt) to move at a balanced pace and give an overall detailed introduction to the characters and the world.I would give this experience an 8/10, why is this so overrated tho? Lol.

Oct 7, 2018 7:17 PM
Apr 2018
What a cliffhanger. It took them 3 years to bring Zero to light which makes me question if a s2 will ever happen.

Not too fond of the way they won but whatever, the show was fun.
Pages (21) « First ... « 17 18 [19] 20 21 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » No Game No Life Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 9, 2014

623 by hsallrounder »»
Apr 28, 5:41 AM

» No Game No Life’s Original Creator Pleads For A Second Season Of The Anime ( 1 2 )

deg - Apr 10

58 by Animeistaken »»
Apr 24, 8:33 AM

Poll: » No Game No Life Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 18, 2014

476 by FarCritical »»
Apr 22, 2:47 PM

» Your wishes for this april fool

Jackson_rajkumar - Mar 31

16 by sloth848 »»
Apr 19, 8:52 PM

Poll: » No Game No Life Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 11, 2014

294 by FarCritical »»
Apr 19, 11:53 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.