Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (18) « First ... « 12 13 [14] 15 16 » ... Last »
Feb 10, 2017 8:33 AM

Aug 2012
crashinho said:

Despite being far weaker (and blind to boot), her light shined far brighter than his. Then, as he dies, Komugi holds him and feels his head, allowing her to finally "see" or know what his face is like. Thus, as they die, Meruem joins Komugi in blindness as she joins him in death. Meruem can finally see what Komugi has been seeing all along, and knows what it feels like to be blind like her, and Komugi finally knows his face, allowing each to understand the other more as they fade away

this comment on kissanime was just omg... DAMN IT I'M SO SAD RN ;_;

I cried. I keep trying to hold it while watching but I can't and that comment I didn't realize it but that was beatiful.

EDIT :
wvrFeb 10, 2017 9:11 AM
Feb 13, 2017 5:07 PM

Feb 2016
A very touching and beautiful finish for a great arc altogether.
SilentSword114Feb 13, 2017 5:11 PM
Feb 26, 2017 1:05 PM
Aug 2015
Just finished this episode while rewatching and it still made me cry so much. meruem's character development was amazing and the entire ending scene with him and komugi made me turn my room into a swimming pool of tears ;_;
Apr 5, 2017 2:56 PM

Oct 2016
Netero's sacrifice wasn't in vain after all..
What a touching end to an incredible arc. Where other battle Shounen usually resolves its arc with a final, flashy duel, HxH took an unexpected turn instead while still manages to bring us a satisfying closure. 4.5/5

Meruem-sama;_;
Apr 16, 2017 8:56 AM

Jul 2014
Well damn....

I didn't cry. I can't. Even if Meruem become all good and stuff, not after everything that's happened. But I am really touched though. It really was sad. Good for him that he got to go the way he did. Komugi as well.

Glad the bastard Pouf just died where he did too. Hate him.
. . . . . . . . . .
DO NOT touch my rice. . . . . .
I'm Asian. . . . . .
Apr 29, 2017 10:46 PM

May 2015

Holy shit..............like damn, this was one of the most beautiful episodes I've ever seen in an anime. What a phenomenal way to end an arc that I consider to be one of my most favorite arcs in anime history. I seriously love the relationship between Meruem and Komugi (probably one of my most favorite couples in anime) and their final moments together were done perfectly.

The feels, the goddamn feels......RIP Meruem x Komugi ;___; at least the two of you will be together forever in a better place now.
May 9, 2017 8:19 AM

Aug 2016
Can words express how I feel right now?
No, my cheeks are burning, my nose is running and I just can't stop sobbing.
It just hurts so much. Everything.
What a masterpiece everything was worth it in the end I don't care about all the slowpaced episodes anymore, this arc was great.
If I every thought I had just witnessed the most beautiful and heartbreaking moment in any anime I was wrong. This took the cake for sure.
May 9, 2017 11:39 AM

Mar 2016
this arc was beautiful. this ending was beautiful. this show is a masterpiece.
May 14, 2017 4:44 AM

Jul 2015
I remember back when Meruem was introduced how I questioned myself about what could this anime do to change my opinion on him just being a heartless villain, and well, it's clear that it surpassed my expectations by a LARGE margin.

I loved HxH since the start, but Chimera Ant was just perfect, crying manly tears right now, what a beautiful way to end this arc.
May 23, 2017 2:28 PM

Jun 2008
This episode has left me in tears.

I honestly think that Meruem could've turned out to be a great ruler.
HEY!
May 30, 2017 1:35 PM

Jul 2016
amazing ending to the arc. the feels killed me.
Jun 11, 2017 10:21 AM

Dec 2015
What a fucking sad ending to this whole arc.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Jun 14, 2017 6:39 PM

Oct 2012
Really, just stunned by how good this was. I was truly moved. Komugi and Mureum are both such great characters.
Jun 15, 2017 2:58 PM

Apr 2017
I cried like a little bitch at that ending. I sat in silence for a good 20 minutes. It was so beautiful. This anime is truly a masterpiece, and I'm so sad that I'm nearly finished with the series.
Jun 30, 2017 12:46 PM
Nov 2009
Couldn't even get the snot out of her face, even in the end.
Jul 1, 2017 11:16 AM

Dec 2015
Cried, best couple by far. Awesome ending to this arc
Jul 4, 2017 8:44 AM

May 2016
What was this masterpiece T-T
Meurem and Komugi I will miss you guys so much.
Jul 25, 2017 3:47 PM

Jun 2015
What can I say that hasn't been said already? Komugi and Meruem's relationship was beautiful.

At least Pouf died like a bitch in the end.

Aug 3, 2017 7:31 PM
Mar 2016
This has been the best episode of the series so far for me, the epitome of the show.

It's ironic that the show's highlight is showcased through the villain as he gains humanity, while the protagonist is losing his.
Aug 5, 2017 4:48 AM

Jan 2017
Wow! that was just beautiful. I don't think I have ever been so moved by an episode. The whole arc has been fantastic and the character development has blown my mind. I am so glad I decided to give hxh a try.

But, I think I still need some time to recover, my poor heart is in bad shape right now.
Aug 7, 2017 11:12 AM

Nov 2009
Man I may need a break before I watch the next arc, emotionally drained now.
Aug 7, 2017 3:08 PM

Sep 2013
Cant stop crying send help pls.
Aug 10, 2017 2:46 PM

Feb 2016
Saddest end of episode ever! Never thought I'd have these feelings of the King, but I'm glad they achieved the task of changing our opinion about him. They kind of made up for the lack of action the previous episodes.
Aug 12, 2017 11:21 AM

Nov 2014
That was so damn sad. I didn't like Meruem - he was annoyingly OP enemy and this whole arc was way too slow. But after that ending I just can't leave score at anything other than 10/10. I don't even understand how it turned out so perfectly.
Sep 7, 2017 8:11 PM

Jul 2012
I don't know what to say, komugi being there for him at the end and he being there for her too... when he realized what was really important to him, it was so.. beautiful.
My tears don't stop =''''''(
Why, you say... Don't you get it?

If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.
Sep 9, 2017 2:46 AM

Oct 2012
I finished this arc a few weeks ago. Oh my God. This arc was fantastic. One of the best and most beautiful characterization I've seen. The culmination of everything that everyone fought for. It was epic.

Glad I started watching HxH 2011. This is probably one of the best moments I've seen in anime in a while.
Sep 23, 2017 2:07 AM

Jan 2014
Rest x in x peace x Komugi x Meruem
Best love story I ever seen.
Oct 13, 2017 4:34 AM
Jun 2016
Wow...this have to be the most touching final moments and death of an antagonist that I've ever seen... That was truly beautiful, couldn't help but shed a few tears for the beauty of the scene and the end of the relationship that changed a mindless killer into a caring being. Meruem asking for Komugi to hold his hand and to say his name... just wow. Every episode leading to that conclusion was worth it, and I'll say it again, this was really touching and beautiful.

I was really pissed off with the King return in an even more OP state, but I'lm glad that the author found something believable to balance it, the poison was a really cool idea. It was really interesting to see two of the most powerful beings of this world (Pouf and Youpi) simply bleed to death of screen, without having a chance to even put up a fight.

To think that the arc would end without a huge fight against the royal guards and the King and still satisfy me... Well, it's not like any of them would have been able to lay a finger on the upgraded King anyway. It was more about the characterization than the fights themselves, even if they were good, but seeing every character grow through their experiences was really rewarding. Ending the conflict and having to use one of the worse creations of the humans to save their race was a really nice idea, especially when you think about how Palm reacted when she thought about it and faced Meruem.

This manga/anime is really great, I'm glad I gave it a shot despite the huge number of episodes (now I regret that there isn't way more haha).
LordOfCinderOct 13, 2017 4:53 AM
Oct 29, 2017 6:37 PM

Oct 2015
Honestly, I feel like Netero's sacrifice was a waste. Meruem would have likely changed regardless. I suppose humans refuse to co-exist with a god like being since it risks their extinction.
Nov 5, 2017 12:11 PM

Jul 2016
It was really hard holding the tears, this episode was really emotional. Even tho I could predict what was going to happen it was still really impactful. Excellent conclusion to the anime. I much say I found Pouf a really a really annoying character but right now I don't hate him and can understand his point.

Great arcs and great character development. Will miss Komugi, I really loved her, but couldn't give her a better-suiting ending :(

It wasn't perfect, I feel it dragged out a bit and seemed too slow at times, but overall it was still great like that. Chimera Ant, Heaven's Arena and Yorknew City were great arcs but I'd say this one has a slight edge over the rest.
Futari wa Milky Holmes was a mistake
Yoshii did nothing wrong

Dec 10, 2017 5:57 PM

May 2013
Okay, but that still doesn't excuse all the killings he's done. And Komugi never found out that he was on the bad guy side after all wtf D:

Welp. At least they both died together. I do like this SpyXMarshall ship, if we can call it that ;) but I still wanted them to die anyways so this is good LOLOL.

I hope Gon will heal D;
Dec 30, 2017 3:56 PM

Aug 2017

What a great finale to a great arc.

I loved the chemistry between Meruem and Komugi. Meruem has changed drastically and came to appreciate human life. It was very emotional when they spent their last moments together. He is the best villain ever.

Chimera ant arc: 8.3/10
(it was a great arc but it had some flaws. The slow and awkward pacing made me sleep at times. There were certain battles that dragged out too much. For example, the battle between Youpi and shoot and eventually everyone. It was ridiculous. One character annoyed me; Pouf. This guy almost ruined this arc for me. Despite that, I could not overlook the beautiful moments between Meruem and Komugi. I loved those scenes. And there were great battles.)

Dec 31, 2017 8:49 PM
Mar 2017
It's NYE and I'm about to cry before going out with friends
Jan 17, 2018 6:39 PM

Apr 2015
Best episode in this show so far. I feel so bad both of them. Better love story than twilight (I don't even know what twilight is about lol)
Jan 26, 2018 6:12 AM

Mar 2016
Even though Meruem have killed many people and many people has been sacrificed for him to be born, at the end he became a person who cares for humanity because of Komugi which wake him out of the path of chaos. <---(Dramatic comment)

Such a beautiful moment, filled with so much feels... Such an epic arc... Thank you, Togashi and Madhouse!

RIP Meruem and Komugi... (ಥ﹏ಥ)

ShadowkillZJan 26, 2018 6:20 AM
Jan 30, 2018 5:29 AM

Sep 2017
O wow,im crying so hard rn and i cant even see my phone screen ah.

Even though Meruem didn’t have any feelings or common sense at first he then slowly started to appreciate and understand humans,in this case,he was particularly fond of Komugi.
BEST character development ever,i honestly feel so empty now that they are gone but that scene was so beautiful its stuck in my head.
The feels that it gave me and the way it showed both of they’re feelings is amazing.
This was truly a better story then most anime romances out there.
R.i.p ( ; _ ; )

"those who aren't able to find a more miserable person than themselves turn to the internet and call others losers,even though they've never met"- Satou from nhk
Feb 9, 2018 2:15 AM

Apr 2016
Cant believe even without Gon and Kil an episode can be that beautiful
BRAWLERS
Feb 11, 2018 8:59 AM

Nov 2016
God dammit I cried so much about Meruem and Komugi's deaths :'(

You know a show is good when it can evoke such an emotion, especially when it's an antagonist that is dying. And Komugi was too good for this world, too pure.
Feb 15, 2018 5:30 AM
Feb 2018
His death actually made me very sad. He had finally learned what was truly important to him, only to have had his life taken away after finally realizing it. The feeling that made souls pure. Sure he may have killed many beings, but it wasn't true evil, it was blind evil. For it was programmed within him to take lives, it wasn't out of hatred or malice. I hate these the most but I can't help but feel awe towards them at the same time. Villains who make you question yourself if they were really a villain or not. In the end, he had a good heart but it was too late. Those're the ones that hurt the most. When they've lived a life of madness, only to finally see what's important in the end, but at the cost of their life. I'm glad I was able to see this, There has been a lot of psychological influence from this anime. It got me really emotional, sorry for the spam. I just can't bear to see that, the ones who become pure in the end despite living a life of animosity, yet to only suffer and die in the end. Perhaps it relates to my own personality, for which would explain my emotions and sentiments towards him. It's a feeling that's difficult to describe. Sentimentality towards the enemy of mankind, but mankind can also be considered evil, or even worse. In the end it was a battle of survival for both species; was it so wrong that they wanted to prolong their existence? Mankind shared the same interest, of wanting to preserve humanity. But an omnipotent king to have learned empathy and restraint, despite having the power to conquer anything. A king that was willing to bow down towards someone who considered themselves unequal to the king. A king with followers who had undying loyalty towards him, and a king who learned how to love. It is a being that is so rare and magnificent, that makes me feel denial towards his death. But to the blind eye, I may just be considered evil for siding with the enemy of mankind. Mankind however has committed far more atrocities than anything he had ever done. It's a psychological paradox, since we are humans, we are programmed to side with humanity, even at the cost of wiping out all other species who only desire the same as us; to simply live. This was my favorite arc, it was well worth the psychological experiences, however I still cannot shake this feeling of sadness and emptiness after witnessing his death. Rest in peace, Meruem.
Feb 22, 2018 7:19 AM

May 2016
Their love story is kinda great. Even though what they did was play gungi with each other. It is amazing how sad it is to actually see them die. Ugh, the feels is still here even though I'm watching it the second time.

Mar 8, 2018 1:06 AM

Dec 2014
aaah i rewatched this scene again. it's still good. i'm pretty satisfied for chimera ants conclusion.
11/10
Watch aria the animation and it's sequel.
Mar 25, 2018 8:21 PM
Jul 2018
I can't describe what I saw,,, Just, amazing.
Apr 8, 2018 6:04 AM

Sep 2016
Kind of sad that Meruem has to die to some poison but well done episode
May 18, 2018 6:53 AM

Jun 2017
I'm dying of sadness somebody help me

Aug 8, 2018 3:19 AM

Nov 2016
Rewatching

Dis episode.... can just praise the mangaka for the great writing and the staff for adapting it like this. One of the most impactful episodes ever obviously also thanks to the masterful storytelling and build up,it's been 2 months since I've rewatched this episode,but the feeling still managed to stick with me.

R.i.p.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Aug 10, 2018 7:46 AM

Mar 2017
God damn, what a beautiful and emotional ending to the arc.

Meruem has the best character development I've ever seen in a villain.

RIP Meruem and Kogumi x
Aug 12, 2018 4:12 AM

Mar 2018
Best Anime Episode I have watched....

7/5
Aug 21, 2018 12:01 PM

Dec 2014
that was a little emotional…. Did not think I would feel sad on Mereum’s death
Oct 15, 2018 2:54 PM
Jun 2013
Rewatch: wow, still powerful. Excellent character development, touching ending....there were a lot of little issues throughout this monstrous arc, but moments like this makes me want to forget all that; this is what I watch anime for!
Oct 19, 2018 4:51 PM

Oct 2012
I think this episode was one of the most beautiful things I've watched in my life. Truly amazing.
Pages (18) « First ... « 12 13 [14] 15 16 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Hunter x Hunter (2011) came out 10 years after the original series. What are the chances we get a remake this year? 2011 version ended in Sep 2014 ( 1 2 )

animeboilolz - Apr 23

63 by Timeline_man »»
Yesterday, 5:43 PM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 117 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 18, 2014

238 by mrymtrisyia78910 »»
Apr 24, 1:55 PM

Poll: » Who is your Favourite character?

PushedCaraway - Mar 29

45 by PushedCaraway »»
Apr 24, 11:22 AM

» Is Hisoka a fraud?

Leon888 - Nov 22, 2023

43 by Angra_Shadow »»
Apr 23, 5:18 AM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 148 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Haine - Sep 23, 2014

915 by Thesk8er2000 »»
Apr 19, 3:55 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.