Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jun 18, 2014 9:30 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ah, Toru got some help from Vivi there. Now I'm not surprised by this since they are both fighting the same enemy.

I feel really sorry for all the girls that got involved in this tbh. Their pain and suffering ;.;
The new Chaika also didn't surprise me at all. I really wonder how many of them will be in this entire series. Good to see Francisa survive this episode too. Never underestimate a dragooon. EVER.
Jun 18, 2014 11:34 AM

Mar 2014
I swear if I see Fredrika die one more time!! I have enough loli death with Black Bullet

also still hoping for my Akari X Taru kiss next ep to return her to normal
Jun 18, 2014 11:35 AM

Jul 2013
The one thing I love/hate about this series is the awkward places they decide to end the episode. Didn't even feel like a cliffhanger. Just an extremely abrupt end lol.

Also what the hell was that white thing? That shit almost gave me a heart attack. It was so abrupt and felt out of place just popping up and stabbing Frederica like that.

So we got got red, white, and blue Chaikas...
Jun 18, 2014 11:36 AM

Dec 2010
Fredrica survived only to be killed again, but I'm sure she shall return!

I already knew about Layla before watching this episode, but I didn't really know anything about her personality or her desires.

But let's just say I know why they call her Ero-Chaika now! She's been using her body to seduce people to her side. So she one of the more calculating ones, Bohdan is more of a warlike one, and Chaika appears helpless to lure more people to her side. We have an interesting group of Chaikas here!

Ricardo is insane though, for sure. His method makes sense, but that doesn't mean it isn't sick and disturbing.

The show is definitely getting darker now...Also so Chaika was an artificial construct created through magic to aid in the collection of the remains? I suppose that makes sense...

Only one more episode left in the first series, then we have to wait for forever to get the next cour...
Jun 18, 2014 11:49 AM

Jul 2010
Everything is getting intense now!!!
Toru didn't even expect that Akari was somehow being controlled.
Toru teaming up with Zita and Vivi! The two girls are cornered! Layla being the true Chaika!
Fredrica!!! :O Hope the monster thing somehow missed a vital spot in the brain or something.
Gillette standing in front of an army!!! With Chaika trapped, Toru climbing walls, Akari being controlled, Fredrica out of action, Zita and Vivi cornered. All these to be solved in just one episode?!? Well not impossible, I would cry at a cliffhanger ending though (the wait won't be too bad if it isn't)!
Jun 18, 2014 11:56 AM
Jul 2018
Toru got saved by Zita and Vivi and then teamed up with them.

Ricardo is insane.

Fredrica survived and then she got killed again by a monster.

The new Chaika didn't really surprised me at all.
Jun 18, 2014 11:58 AM

Aug 2010
Quite an awesome ep.

Nice Akari vs Toru action scene. Good stuff ^^ Loved the animation a lot.

Hope Akari will be snapped out of it soon.

Loving Zita so much. The girl is calm and collected unlike the annoying Vivi -.-

The truth about the Chaika's is partially revealed and we see the blue Chaika.

Seems like she was a Slut XD She is quite hot <_<

Damn! The cut up girls inside the walls were creepy as hell. Ricardo is F***d UP!!
I hope he dies a painful death!!!

And DAMN! Fredrica!! PLZ DON'T DIE >.<! I loved how she appeared and talked so nonchalantly to Layla but damn in the brain >~< And the PV doesn't seem good for her either. Why is she getting killed so many times?! All Dat blood O_O

And man running into that monster in the air vent must have been creepy as hell.

And Yep Gillete is rebelling + Vivi was saved by Toru = They're gonna join each other.

Loved how Toru was 'spiderman'-ing the castle XD BA!
Jun 18, 2014 11:59 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
I hope that Ricardo character meets a gruesome death. What he did to those poor girls was awful.

Tohru buddy, all you need to do is give Akari a big wet kiss and the magic on her will stop working immediately.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jun 18, 2014 12:16 PM
Jan 2011
Oh so that what they do to the girls they kidnapped, using them as magic fuel, 1 more 2 go.
Jun 18, 2014 12:22 PM

May 2014
wat? Frederica killed again ccc
I wonder what that thing was which was talking to Chaika
Jun 18, 2014 12:28 PM

Aug 2013
FREDERICAAAAA!!!! T_______T Man, who the fuck writes things like that. Get stabbed in the head by a spider-man-creature-thing. Completely out of place and too sudden. To everyone who think that Frederica will be alive. Think about it, she got stabbed in the head, I guess that she could of used some copy magic to create another self but...do you really think that thats it? Wouldnt the copy disappear when it got stabbed? I hope she survives as well, of course, but the evidence is so against her.

Toru, save everyone, Please T__T
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 18, 2014 12:38 PM
Jun 2014
Rei_Rei said:
FREDERICAAAAA!!!! T_______T Man, who the fuck writes things like that. Get stabbed in the head by a spider-man-creature-thing. Completely out of place and too sudden. To everyone who think that Frederica will be alive. Think about it, she got stabbed in the head, I guess that she could of used some copy magic to create another self but...do you really think that thats it? Wouldnt the copy disappear when it got stabbed? I hope she survives as well, of course, but the evidence is so against her.

Toru, save everyone, Please T__T

Maybe she can only be killed in dragoon form? Seems a bit too soon to take her out.
Jun 18, 2014 12:47 PM

Oct 2011
OMG the suffering !!!!! Chaika. Akari being controlled.

Blue Chaika behind everything!!!

Toru save them !!!!!
Jun 18, 2014 12:50 PM

Mar 2012
Man this episode was great, this series is building a very nice conclusion, although i expect a bit of a cliff hanger bur since the next season would air in the fall it is no real problem.

My god those poor girls, Ricardo i hope u suffer for what u did to them

From what was revealed, it shows that there was once a single a chaika who got killed of by the heros by having her head chopped off, hence the scar on all the chaika necks. So it was actually layla we saw at the begging of ep 1? who knew. So each chaika is basically a different creation all of whom at least partially came from the real chaika with each one having a different goal in order to retrieve the remains. so that is at least confirmed.

Hmm, I still dont think Arthur Gaz is the one behind this, from the looks of things, it is some kind of Demon that is actually behind the gathering of the remains, but there still so much info left out, u cant really tell, that is why i love this show it keeps the mystery in the air, reveal things little by little

Frederica that was so out of place, getting stabbed by a spider like creature and dragged away like a rag doll, its like something out of silent hill, i will give the writers a thumbs up for the shock moment, but pls dont kill her off :(
Jun 18, 2014 1:07 PM

Mar 2012
Well that was grim. Now we got blue slutty Chaika, a wall full of women/children and a header with the dragon girl. The tone of the show sure raised up.

I have a feeling she's still alive though, but I'm not so sure. That spider thing is scary as fuck though.
Jun 18, 2014 1:31 PM

Dec 2011
This episode is so superb in action. Love all of the skirmishes... and of course a Blue Chaika this time as predicted. This is the first time we have seen a Chaika without verbal tics/ broken language... cant wait to see how this arc ends.

Also we have learned part of the truth of why Chaika exist, just to revive the late emperor.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 18, 2014 1:42 PM

Aug 2008
The blue chaika looked really gaudy, more than her novel picture.
I really hope Frederika survives.
And Ricardo needs to get a painful death.
Jun 18, 2014 1:46 PM

Apr 2013
Blue Chaika wasn't that surprising though, so was Frederica surviving. I don't think she's dead now either.

Gaining energy from teenaged girls because they are more sensitive/emotional? Sounds like

But nice to get some more info on Chaika!
Jun 18, 2014 2:01 PM

Sep 2012
Of course Layla being Chaika didn't surprise you people. Everyone got a glimpse of her face in the last episode. It's called dramatic irony people, learn it.

I kind of like how Toru didn't just assume that Akari was being mind controlled even if it would be right, cause when he hesitated to kill her, it really shows how soft he is as a self-proclaimed "killer." The fight was well choreographed and the animation didn't disappoint me at all.

Fuck no!! FREDERICA! I appreciate everyone who believe she's alive, but that PV didn't look good at all, not for her. In fact, I feel more sorry for Chaika who had to watch all that, all that blood...

"I will have you delay your attack by any means necessary!"

This was a good episode for Gillette too.

All in all 5/5. Wasn't bored. Can't guess what's gonna happen next.
"whats so special about bonzai trees?"
"They are the loli of the tree world."

Inganock of the Brightest Flame
Jun 18, 2014 2:24 PM

Apr 2013
Great episode, can`t wait for more xD

But damn... that dragoon is totally useless

Jun 18, 2014 2:26 PM

Jan 2014
Well... shit went down. This... I expected this episode to be good, but not this good. 5/5 I'm hoping that frederica survived but the odds are against her big time. Her brain is her weakness and she got stabbed in her head. Unless her brain is puny she is screwed.

Chaika just reach a tie for #1 with Bokura wa Minna kawaisou and NGNL. This episode was freaking intense!
Watch Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha, you wont be disappointed. http://q.pokefarm.org/user/Uran10
Check out My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEz0PrV3Vh-ksW0mzOWnnSQ

Jun 18, 2014 2:55 PM

Nov 2013
lol Frederica got rek't.

That was a suprisingly great episode.

I was actually starting to think that they'd all die next episode, but then I remembered there is a S2.

I think Gillete will die at least.
[center][size=85][b]MAL Interviews[/size] | [/size][size=85][b]MAL's Chatting Corner | [size=85][color=darkviolet]If you wear Caesar's clothes, you have to behave like Caesar.[/color][/size][/b]
Jun 18, 2014 3:06 PM

Nov 2011
I wasn't prepared for this kind of brutality... I hope everyone will get out of this! Poor girls... Tooru needs to rip Ricardo's throat out and dismember Grad. And I won't tolerate any more violence against Fredrica! That creepy vent monster... And I won't forgive them if anything happens to Chaika.

This was an EPIC episode. I think it was the best episode I've seen this season.

GET DROPBOX HERE!
Bonus space for you and me with this link! Now 500MB per referral, up to 16GB from referrals alone.
Jun 18, 2014 3:11 PM

Apr 2012
best episode of the season. The series got pretty dark all of a sudden :o. That drama. That mystery. Hopefully the finale doesn't disappoint.

i hope Frederica doesn't die D: but the preview doesn't look good >_>

Jun 18, 2014 3:33 PM

Mar 2014
The messed up girls by Ricardo, the guard dog piercing Fredrica's brains... This is definitely in my top 3 of this season. Awesome ep 5/5 looking forward to the season finale.
Everybody has the right to have his own opinion on something.And you do have the right to disagree with them.But that doesnt give you the right to impose your opinion on others, even though you do have the right to think you are fucking awesome.
Jun 18, 2014 3:34 PM

Apr 2012
NO! is Fredrica dead? that claw sure did look like it went through her brain
Jun 18, 2014 3:40 PM
Nov 2013
FREDRICA NOOOOO! She better not be dead! :(
And wow, the conversation between the two Chaika's was super intense. I wonder what Chaika will do after finding all that out?
Jun 18, 2014 4:01 PM

Nov 2013
Tat awesome fight between Toru and Akari. Not even Iron Blood Transformation.

And as if sht didn't hit the fan enough. Brutal stuff this episode ><
Jun 18, 2014 4:03 PM
May 2014
DGemu said:

Tell me about it. Makes me care unlike a certain other anime that killed their lolis cus lol.
Jun 18, 2014 4:33 PM

Nov 2013
Tirno said:
DGemu said:

Tell me about it. Makes me care unlike a certain other anime that killed their lolis cus lol.

Meh. I see it more as a defined character vs. a bunch of extras.
Jun 18, 2014 4:35 PM

Aug 2008
The show certainly got a change in tone. It's for the better I would say. All that collect the bodyparts thing was boring and 15 years late in style.
Jun 18, 2014 4:36 PM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
Akari vs. Toru in the beginning was awesome. Toru almost had her there..

Zita is great. Loved how calmly she handled the situation, unlike Vivi. I hope Gillette rejects her (proposal) in future.

Those carved up girls inside the walls were really disturbing.
Ricardo now deserves to die by getting sliced up in the same manner. -.-

Blue Chaika might've been a whore, but she's pretty hot!
She unveils the truth of all Chaika just being tools.. Quite mean of her to break it to White Chaika like that.

Damnit! That stab in the brain. >.< Poor Fredrica..
Why she has to face the same fate back to back in the last 2 episodes? (._.)

Gillette got guts to rebel against the official military units!
Toru saves Vivi (shouldn't have done it) and goes wall climbing. That looks fun though.

Good episode. I hope Fredrica doesn't die..

Jun 18, 2014 4:51 PM

Jul 2009
I was sure Layla was actually a Chaika since last episode, I just wonder if there's actually a real Chaika, all of them say they are the real one, but we can't know for sure, well blue one did have some info, but who knows?!
Jun 18, 2014 4:55 PM

May 2012
I thought colors are supposed to define all the chaikas character, as white being pure, red being passionate/strength/hot temper, and blue is ?? what cold? seductive? hahaha

I figure that Arthur Gaz might be plotting this, and i still dont believe that layla is the real chaika. ALl the chaikas claimed that they are real, but most of them also lose their memories, kinda reminds me of that scenes in Angel Beats where all the clones will becoming one body with all those conscious mind.

I hope Frederica still alive but man this time its going thru her brain.

Vivi kinda annoyed me, what is she a tsundere?
“They stood together in a false intimacy, a nervous contact. And he was in love with her.”
― D.H. Lawrence, Women in Love

Jun 18, 2014 5:18 PM

Mar 2014
This show has really picked up in this last arc! Every episode is getting more and more intense and with even more cliffhangers. I feel like Frederica really is dead since that monster/human experiment thing basically scrambled her brains all up. The PV doesn't look good for her either since she is lying in a pool of blood with a distant look in her eyes.
Jun 18, 2014 6:15 PM

Jul 2013
KhanhCPham said:
So many Chaikas. Thoughts of power ranger Chaikas are popping in my mind.

We got
White
Red
Blue

I am predicting Black, pink, and green are coming and doing super hero poses. Anyway this was an awesome episode and things now are really interesting. I dont think the Fredrica is dead. She survived getting stabbed in the head in her true dragoon form once.

Hahaha Chaika Power Rangers!

No not again! Frederica :(
Tooru, Vivi and Zita helping each other out.
Didn't like the way Vivi was acting but whatever.
Ricardo the sick bastard.
Those girls :(
Jun 18, 2014 6:28 PM

Aug 2013
Fredrika pops up this episode to get stabbed in the head by some monster wtf.

Those poor girls...
My Candies:
Jun 18, 2014 6:46 PM

Apr 2011
Just as when she came back, she gets stabbed again...

That Ricardo needs to die!
Jun 18, 2014 6:58 PM

Aug 2008
God damn, stop being mean to Frederica. She should've been able to hear that thing coming up behind her though. <.<
Jun 18, 2014 7:04 PM

Nov 2012
Never really cared for Frederica though that is a pretty lame way for her to die.
Jun 18, 2014 7:23 PM

Jul 2013
This show takes a turn to the brutal sometimes.
Damn, why did I spoiled the rest myself.
Jun 18, 2014 7:25 PM

Feb 2014
Guess Fredrica is only there to be a cat and get killed, still poor her. I'm also guessing there will be an treaty of sorts between Gilettte's group and Chaika's group since now he's going to be branded a traitor.
"All the world's a stage, And all the men and women merely players"
Shakespeare.
Jun 18, 2014 7:36 PM

Jan 2011
Well it looks like they're ending the season with a bang. I smell cliff-hanger since we've already got a second season upcoming. They don't need to do a series end since it will be continued, just something to leave us on the edge of our seats until the first episode of season two.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Jun 18, 2014 7:38 PM

Apr 2014
Great Episode! I guess Fredrica dies every episode now. I was surprised by this show adding like blood and deaths, I thought this anime was the complete opposite. But for whatever reason I'm quite thrilled they add the death aspect. But looking to how they wrap up this season or leave with a big cliffhanger which is possible.
Nyaaaria- said:
You really are the king of marathoning

Jun 18, 2014 7:40 PM

Jul 2012
Blue Chaika~! x3 Fuck yes! And she's so freaking hot and seductive! xD SWEET! XD

Anyways....FREDRICA! WTF! That stupid white spider thing totally gnawed her like no man business! D: So stupid.....hopefully she's fine.....the preview though.....

Anyways, this anime is getting intense! D: No wonder it's going to have a second season.... :3
Jun 18, 2014 8:10 PM

Jan 2011
I knew it was blue! this episode was pretty good we've all been deceived by the chaika's!.

the tone as always been there but they finally started to go a lot darker it's tough seeing Fredrica die every time she shows up ;_;.

will say if this ends on a high not gonna be pumped for fall.
Jun 18, 2014 8:34 PM

Dec 2013
I really do hope that qt dragoon loli survived that, but it did go through her head, so possibly her brain as well...
Jun 18, 2014 8:45 PM

Aug 2013
Haha now I know why Ricardo annoys me so much (well aside from being a complete psycho), it's the same VA as Ikari Shinji XD!

Damn this got dark(ish) really fast. Corpse-powered airship? Eek. A conniving blue Chaika? No thanks. Feed her to those white spider things and please bring back Red Chaika (even though I didn't like her much). I wonder why she can speak straight though. Must just be how she was 'made.'
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Jun 18, 2014 9:15 PM
May 2014
well in the preview of the next episode, frederika was left for dead and akari found her. not sure f shes still alive though but i hope she is or else she cant fight toru like they promised.

dayum the ricardo kid is nasty killing all those young girls just for his own use and purpose like theyre toys. sickens me that people can come up with these characters.

hope that everything ends well in the next episode or itll be a large disappointment.
Jun 18, 2014 9:19 PM

Aug 2012
I lol'd when Fredrica was killed xD
I got the feeling that Vivi's feeling will sway a little bit from this point. I dunno how to feel about that honestly.

Next episode's gonna be intense!
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hitsugi no Chaika Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 25, 2014

304 by Garrett_Dark »»
Apr 3, 1:53 AM

Poll: » Hitsugi no Chaika Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 14, 2014

121 by Garrett_Dark »»
Apr 2, 10:34 PM

Poll: » Hitsugi no Chaika Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 7, 2014

176 by Garrett_Dark »»
Apr 2, 8:44 PM

Poll: » Hitsugi no Chaika Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 30, 2014

154 by Garrett_Dark »»
Apr 2, 7:34 PM

Poll: » Hitsugi no Chaika Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 23, 2014

99 by Garrett_Dark »»
Apr 2, 6:33 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.