Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
May 18, 2014 6:55 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Nice episode but damn, scary Umi really is scary :p

Looks like the group made some mistakes. Can't be helped I guess since no one is perfect. Not too bad though with the way Honoka handled that. Being a leader is tough.
May 18, 2014 8:12 AM

Nov 2010
Lol... Umi's so strict on Honoka xD.
May 18, 2014 8:38 AM
Jul 2010
From Honoka and Hanayo having to lose weight, to the student council issues (with a vote of confidence), nice episode. Genki Honoka to the rescue!

Nozomi looks like she gets the spotlight in the next ep.
May 18, 2014 9:35 AM

Aug 2012
I was so scared about that letter but in the end it was something about honoka's weight . Umi was so strict ! Very good episode :3 . I can't wait for next week since it will be nozomi episode .
May 18, 2014 4:38 PM

Jul 2010
Honoka's family attitude towards the letter xD
Honoka and Kayo gained weight, Umi was there to oversee their diet.
Their expressions after they ran up the stairs.
Honoka and Kayo commuicating with their breathes and body language!
Golden rice attract Kayo too!
Umi's self control as she found out that they were eating.
That budget problem, glad the student council fixed it themselves.
Eri worried, they went to get a parfait. Nozomi feels somewhat sad yet glad to see that the second years managed.
The autographs and the amount of views for the Halloween live, glad that they are getting more popular.
May 18, 2014 5:24 PM

Feb 2014
Watching Honoka and Hanayo talking in signals and hard breathing was the most interesting thing I've seen all season.

Not sure if losing weight by simply not eating is a good thing, but whatever works....

If the next episode really is Nozomi's episode, I wonder if they'll have Maki helping Nozomi just like how Nozomi helped Maki last season.
May 18, 2014 5:28 PM

Jul 2013
LOL'ed so hard when Honoka and Hanayo were communicating through signals and their breathing XDXD
Got the budget issue fixed up. :D
God Umi is so strict lol..
Autographs and more views for them, which is good :D
May 18, 2014 5:57 PM

Mar 2013
Just flat boring. i hate to be that guy but this isnt even close to how good season 1 was.

where is the singing? this is more slice of life club show than an idol group this season.
DeformiterMay 18, 2014 6:17 PM
May 18, 2014 5:57 PM

Jul 2012
meh, not one of the better episodes this season. thought the whole student council bit was completely unnecessary. I mean c'mon... you're really gonna start giving shit to the student council because they made one filing error. when's the last time the freakin' art club saved the school from being shut down? what, never? that's right. now please gtfo

edit: I'm kind of on the fence when it comes to agreeing with facade63. when they do sing, it's great and I enjoy it. It does seem, though, that those scenes are short and sort of abbreviated. I guess I'm still just not sure what to think after enjoying the first season as much as I did.
NinjaDustMay 18, 2014 6:04 PM
"Let's make a miracle happen using the power of friendship."
"If that was all it took, there'd be no need for training arcs!"

"Normal rabbits don't carry guns!"
May 18, 2014 6:56 PM

Jan 2011
Episode was kinda eh but that jogging scene...lol no words were spoken just heavy panting still managed to give me a laugh.

Having said that i feel the problem with this season is there's been a lot less focus on the actually singing besides their goal of doing Love Live so pretty much most of the episodes are kinda just silly fillers till near the end where they do perform even then its to short at times.

still been waiting for Nozomi to get her own episode :]
May 18, 2014 8:09 PM

Jul 2013
Aw i was expecting something goo on that letter, but turns out to be Honaka's weight problem. Way to kill the cliffhanger move...

Ah well, episode was good, but not better than the previous one. Time to go on a diet. Umi is pretty strict around Honaka, but does cared a lot for her. Damn, Kayo eating that big rice ball O_O. I was kind of funny when they skipped the jogging and go to that rice shop XD.

And the budget for the clubs are going downhill, but at least they can handle the situation properly. Looks like Honaka's weight is normal now :D.

May 18, 2014 10:02 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Hanayo eating the King Size rice ball was so cute. Honoka/Hanayo entering the restaurant was hilarious lol

Kotori accidentally send the Art Club's form to the approved list which causes a mess.

It was cute seeing Maki play with her hair, Go MAKI

Eri-chi and Nozomi have parfait evenings now. They can handle their weight on their own, no worries about them.

May 18, 2014 10:21 PM
Jul 2018
Honoka and Hanayo were communicating through signals and body languages when they trying to enter the restaurant were hilarious.

Kotori accidentally put the art club's form in the approved box caused a mess.
May 18, 2014 10:27 PM

Nov 2007
Loved all the troll faces in this episode, made me laugh a lot. Umi is so strict on Honoka, lol.

Last episode it was Halloween, so it's probably getting close to the Christmas episode. I would love to see「Snow Halation」featured in the anime during that episode!

Since the insert song single #2 features the 2 songs,「Love wing bell」and「dancing stars on me!」, then we can probably expect 2 more insert songs for the insert song single #3. Looking forward to them!
The News Club: Quality News/Discussion (anime, CDs, manga, novels, games, seiyuu), & sales data (daily, weekly, mid-year, yearly).
May 19, 2014 12:32 AM

Sep 2012
I am loving all this Umi screentime this season!
Also Nozomi episode next week! Fuck yeah!

Oh and considering this season's pacing, I'm pretty confident there will be a Season 3!
Wooooooooooooooooooo
May 19, 2014 1:39 AM

Aug 2013
Diet cheating during workout lmao! Well it worked out in the end so yeah.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
May 19, 2014 1:46 AM

Mar 2013
Damn Umi, do you really wanna be worst girl that bad? Stop making skinny girls diet and shaming them for tiny weight gain. You're going to be able to dance and sing happily and well by continuing to work out and eating regularly, not by starving yourself.
May 19, 2014 4:00 AM

Dec 2013
Oh man,the letter turns out to be just a physical test results.
The part where Honoka was convincing Hanayo to go into restaurant through their pants was hilarious,and Umi is scary when she's mad.
May 19, 2014 4:07 AM

Jun 2013
Honoka is really a capable president when it comes to compromising with issues:) Umi is so strict on Honoka xD Honoka is not as popular as the other girls: (
May 19, 2014 5:38 AM

Feb 2014
lol! Umi is so strick.

Finally a Nozomi episode next week.
May 19, 2014 8:22 AM

Mar 2011
Nozomi episode Ive been waiting too
May 19, 2014 9:50 AM

Aug 2008
Another fuckin 10/10 episode. There were so many funny moments and expressions, especially when Honoka tempted Hanayo with food while running, and Honoka's "The bread tastes great as usual!". Gotta give props to Emi Nitta; she killed it.

AND NOZOMI EPISODE NEXT WEEK YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSs
May 19, 2014 11:59 AM

Jun 2013
Very good episode, Umi is very strict on Honoka and she and Hanayo need to stop eating too much :D
May 19, 2014 12:53 PM

Dec 2012
I don't know how Honoka manages to gain weight when she's some hyperactive girl whose main activity outside of school demands that she exercise regularly (and strenuously too, based on everything they showed the first season). If she'd been neglecting idol stuff for student council stuff maybe I could understand but I get the distinct impression that she's not the one who does most of the student council work.

facade63 said:
Just flat boring. i hate to be that guy but this isnt even close to how good season 1 was.

where is the singing? this is more slice of life club show than an idol group this season.

mg021 said:
meh, not one of the better episodes this season. thought the whole student council bit was completely unnecessary. I mean c'mon... you're really gonna start giving shit to the student council because they made one filing error. when's the last time the freakin' art club saved the school from being shut down? what, never? that's right. now please gtfo

edit: I'm kind of on the fence when it comes to agreeing with facade63. when they do sing, it's great and I enjoy it. It does seem, though, that those scenes are short and sort of abbreviated. I guess I'm still just not sure what to think after enjoying the first season as much as I did.

They do sing more frequently than they play music in K-On!, though.

I think they actually have struck a good balance between depicting the idols actually doing shit that you'd expect them to do if they're to be at all successful as idols and showing them goofing off and doing stupid pointless crap. But then I find the comedy in this show funny and like it as much for the character interactions as for the music - if you like music but aren't that into slice-of-life anime then I can see why this might be a bit disappointing.

I'm a little surprised at disappointment from people who liked the first season, though - I don't feel like they've done less in the way of 'idol stuff' and actual performances this season. Of course, Love Live! has always felt to me as though it was missing some of the trappings of idol-dom: you basically never see them contacting anyone to figure out lighting, stage equipment, scheduling, or music, for instance. And yes, I refuse to believe that Maki does all the music herself - there's more than just a piano in those tracks.
May 19, 2014 1:01 PM

Jun 2013
To me to looks like Nozomi is sad about leaving the school and they won't be school idols anymore. That thought made me sad too though :c
If you feel attacked, you're part of the problem.

Even if things are painful and tough, people should appreciate what it means to be alive at all. — Yato
May 19, 2014 1:23 PM

Dec 2013
honoka got fat/chubby, so it was a good episode imo
May 19, 2014 1:32 PM

Dec 2012
opondica said:
I don't know how Honoka manages to gain weight when she's some hyperactive girl whose main activity outside of school demands that she exercise regularly (and strenuously too, based on everything they showed the first season). If she'd been neglecting idol stuff for student council stuff maybe I could understand but I get the distinct impression that she's not the one who does most of the student council work.

Honoka is a hyperactive girl, but she's also shown to be pretty lazy and lack discipline. Only exercising does not make her fit. If she eats a lot, she will gain weight.

Being in the Student Council likely causes some stress on Honoka and that probably leads to her eating more than usual. Honoka's real life counterpart, seiyuu Emi Nitta, has bigger figure than other seiyuu in the group. This is likely the source of "Honoka on diet" joke in the anime.

I'm a little surprised at disappointment from people who liked the first season, though - I don't feel like they've done less in the way of 'idol stuff' and actual performances this season.

I agree with you. the balance between idol and Sol activities has been the same as S1. Perhaps people are expecting more songs and performances in this season but we just have 2 episodes straight with new performance, so a break to Sol activities is expected.

Of course, Love Live! has always felt to me as though it was missing some of the trappings of idol-dom: you basically never see them contacting anyone to figure out lighting, stage equipment, scheduling, or music, for instance. And yes, I refuse to believe that Maki does all the music herself - there's more than just a piano in those tracks.

Stage setup was probably intended to be implied but not shown in the anime. There's limited time and we have 9 girls to cover character development as well as group dynamic. I think people would rather watch more performances than learning how they get the fund needed to set up beautiful stages and costumes that even a professional idol group dreams of. That's a bit unrealistic anyway.
May 19, 2014 3:14 PM

Jul 2009
and this is why honoka is their leader. best girl.

straggy said:
Damn Umi, do you really wanna be worst girl that bad? Stop making skinny girls diet and shaming them for tiny weight gain. You're going to be able to dance and sing happily and well by continuing to work out and eating regularly, not by starving yourself.

wtf? it's not starving yourself when all this time you've been eating at a calories surplus. if you eat more than you burn, that's how you gain fat. umi did say that she'll properly plan out the meals so that they'll be eating enough to do their activities.
KurogashiMay 19, 2014 3:18 PM
May 19, 2014 3:22 PM

Sep 2013
I loled pretty hard at the silent jogging comunication.

Finally Nozomi's episode next week, I hope it's actually about her.
May 19, 2014 4:34 PM

Jul 2012
LOL! I thought that letter would've been more serious.....but....it turns out that it was just a physical exam. :3 Honoka's physical exam in fact. xD
Turns out.....she gained weight.... D:
Oh no! D:

She went on a diet, which had its ups and downs, and she ended up going back to her normal weight! Yay! x3

Anyways, cute episode. :3
May 19, 2014 5:16 PM

Jun 2010
The whole Slice of Life Thing just for one episode is not necessary. If it would focus more on one person (glad next one is Nozomi and I think she is the last one without a background story) or have at least more songs/plot I would be more than happy, but well that's just my opinion. I:
Nyan~
May 19, 2014 6:51 PM

Dec 2012
Lyonel said:
The whole Slice of Life Thing just for one episode is not necessary. If it would focus more on one person (glad next one is Nozomi and I think she is the last one without a background story) or have at least more songs/plot I would be more than happy, but well that's just my opinion. I:

I think I've said this in other threads but although she doesn't have a background story and has never had an episode solely devoted to her I feel like Nozomi is at least as well-developed and receives at least much attention from the show as Eli or Nico.

Not that I wouldn't love to see an episode devoted to her. I know some people expected this episode to focus on Hanayo based on last episode's preview but that didn't happen, so I'm a little bit skeptical.

If I had to rank the idols in terms of how much 'main characterness' they have, it'd be:

1. Honoka
2. Kotori/Umi
3. Maki/Nico/Eli/Nozomi
4. Hanayo/Rin

However, now that Rin's received an episode focusing on her I think it's fair to say that this show has done a pretty good job of making all the main characters actually be main characters.

ThangLong said:

Of course, Love Live! has always felt to me as though it was missing some of the trappings of idol-dom: you basically never see them contacting anyone to figure out lighting, stage equipment, scheduling, or music, for instance. And yes, I refuse to believe that Maki does all the music herself - there's more than just a piano in those tracks.

Stage setup was probably intended to be implied but not shown in the anime. There's limited time and we have 9 girls to cover character development as well as group dynamic. I think people would rather watch more performances than learning how they get the fund needed to set up beautiful stages and costumes that even a professional idol group dreams of. That's a bit unrealistic anyway.

I totally understand why the producers might choose to leave such details out, and I definitely think I'd prefer time being given to songs and character development than to these kinds of details. However, one of the things that the iDOLM@STER has over Love Live! (at least in my opinion) is that it manages to give the viewer a much stronger impression that the idols are idols (as opposed to just kids in a school club that HAPPEN to be nationally famous), and part of that comes from the fact that it includes a fair amount of 'behind the scenes' type stuff that Love Live! either skimps on or doesn't include at all.

That said, I'm not sure which I like better. I'd say the best thing that the iDOLM@STER anime had going for it was the more serious parts near the end and with one of the cast members in the middle, whereas Love Live! does a far better job of evenly dividing attention among the main cast.
May 19, 2014 7:03 PM

Jan 2013
LOL Hanayo and Honoka are fatties.

facade63 said:

So one relatively lackluster episode ruins the entire season for you? That's pretty narrowminded.
ExaccusMay 19, 2014 7:19 PM
Salmon is delicious.
May 19, 2014 9:24 PM

Aug 2013
Kurogashi said:
straggy said:

wtf? it's not starving yourself when all this time you've been eating at a calories surplus. if you eat more than you burn, that's how you gain fat. umi did say that she'll properly plan out the meals so that they'll be eating enough to do their activities.

Straggy has a point though about female body image issues in the media though. Neither Honoka nor Hanayo have actually gained any weight to be ashamed of, especially in their teenage years. I'd bet that this dramatic weight gain "crisis" is based on only a few pounds/kilos.

On the other hand, the main thing that Umi is correct about is their slacking and/or weight becoming a liability in their competition. If they're out of shape enough that they're having a hard time climbing those stairs that they have regularly used to train in the past, then they do need to start putting their noses to the grindstone and get in shape, otherwise they could blow their chances for the whole team.
May 19, 2014 10:22 PM

Jul 2012
I was expecting a bit more with that cliffhanger...didn't think it'll be about gaining weight.
This wasn't the best episode but Love Live is Love Live...I still enjoyed watching it.
Oddly enough, the most entertaining part was when Hanayo was eating that huge riceball.

Oh yeah, Nozomi next :D
May 19, 2014 11:39 PM

Mar 2012
Man, that cliffhanger was so misleading. In a good way though. The setup was kind of cliche but the writing in this show is just so god damn charming that I can't fault it.

The part with Honoka and Hanayo communicating through grunts and hand signals really cracked me up. Absurd little jokes like that really appeal to my sense of humour
May 21, 2014 10:21 AM
May 22, 2014 9:37 PM

Feb 2014
Awww yeah... Everyone is saying Nozomi is up this weekend.
"Man, the bread taste great as usual" Nozomi said it during the switch on episode 6 and Honoka again at the end of episode 7 LOL
May 22, 2014 10:20 PM

Jun 2013
Lol, great episode. Was hilarious when Honoka and Hanayo were entering the restaurant. Looks like next episode will be centered arou d my favorite girl (Nozomi). :)
May 24, 2014 10:10 AM

Jan 2013
She wasn't even the least bit fat.
Alright episode
May 24, 2014 4:21 PM

Feb 2013
Love Live! School Budget Project

So Umi goes all crazy because Honoka gained half a pound. Pointless episode. Pointless season. There has been zero drama so far.
Jun 12, 2014 5:53 AM

Aug 2007
2 years ago I was on a diet regiment, so I know how difficult Not to eat your favourite meals is. But you know both girls do not look so fat!
Jun 18, 2014 10:13 AM

Oct 2012
Just that?
I can't sleep just for watch this episode...
Well, I'm glad it's not really some thing serious, or is it?

She doesn't look very different for me
Lol.. Hanayo

Looks like upcoming episode will be the Nozomi episode
and some dramas too?
"Signature removed"
Jul 19, 2014 2:09 AM

Aug 2008
The rice part was so funny. I had a huge smile on my face when Hanayo and Honoka were communicating with hand gestures while still jogging lol.
Sep 13, 2014 6:39 PM

Oct 2012
Nice slice-of-life episode but this time I can't stand Umi and her diet advocacy to the point it ruined this episode for me (though that budget part was fine I guess).

Come on, when you look on Hanayo and Honoka no way you can say they are fat, they just have healthy bodies and are still growing. And promoting diets is not healthy at all, on the contrary, it can get you even more fat. With all those excercises they do they are burning those calories pretty fast and they need some energy to go on. In fact, they should eat even more since they started dancing. Umi was real food fascist right there.

S1 was good because they actually tried to save the school and something new was happening every episode but in this season they don't have such motivation and it wasn't long before they slipped to ordinary school anime.

I am not saying this is necessary bad but uniqueness of first season (and the reason why I enjoyed it) is not there.
Mich666Sep 13, 2014 6:42 PM
Nov 3, 2014 3:50 AM

Jan 2013
Weight, the scariest thing that a teen girl can have, that was funny.
Finally got to see some student council activities, guess their school is really doing bad.
Dec 12, 2014 12:27 AM

Jan 2010
The part where Honoka and Hanayo were "arguing" about getting free food was great. Seriously, when Love Live feels like it, the comedy is legitimately really good.
Feb 16, 2015 4:21 AM

Sep 2013
Wha-a-ah. Not eating solved the problem?

The group should be thankful that Umi is so great at management.
Jun 11, 2015 6:48 AM

Jul 2014
Why do they even need to lose weight to begin with? It's not as if they're fat or anything. On the bright side, that silent running argument outside the restaurant between Hanayo and Honoka was actually pretty funny though.

EDIT: Still a really pointless episode though, but no surprises there.
Aug 9, 2015 5:07 AM

Aug 2013
RediceRyan said:
She wasn't even the least bit fat.
Alright episode
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Love Live! School Idol Project 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 8, 2014

77 by Yuqirin »»
Apr 20, 8:36 AM

Poll: » Love Live! School Idol Project 2nd Season Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 29, 2014

189 by Needster »»
Apr 4, 10:44 AM

Poll: » Love Live! School Idol Project 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 15, 2014

143 by Needster »»
Apr 4, 9:43 AM

Poll: » Love Live! School Idol Project 2nd Season Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 1, 2014

136 by pompopuri »»
Mar 22, 12:44 PM

Poll: » Love Live! School Idol Project 2nd Season Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 6, 2014

157 by Salty_Cookie »»
Jan 19, 6:24 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.