Forum Settings
Forums

Do you use the dropped list on mal? And if not, why?

New
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Apr 26, 2014 1:53 PM

Apr 2011
Aeonic said:
_ultima_ said:
I only drop bad anime/LNs/ and manga. I just rarely find bad ones so it is small.

Which is the majority of anime these days...

Funny. I've only dropped two shows this entire year..... and one of them is over a decade old.
Apr 26, 2014 2:06 PM

Nov 2013
I haven't needed to yet, I haven't found anything that would traumatize me yet.
Raise it up, raise up the happiness.
Apr 26, 2014 2:08 PM

Jun 2012
Not really, I'm not fond of leaving a story hanging at all. If I don't like it, I just wont start it to begin with.

That should be common sense.
Apr 26, 2014 3:05 PM
Jul 2018
My viewpoint is this: finish everything, drop nothing. In order to properly assess a show, I have to watch it until it's conclusion. Dropping is detrimental for me as a result.
Apr 26, 2014 3:47 PM
Jan 2013
Ratohnhaketon said:
Fiction-S said:
Ratohnhaketon said:
Fiction-S said:
Yeah, I should actually list all the shit anime I dropped.

Let's see... K-ON

Stop there, you're already saying something illogical. No one drops K-On.

Sorry, I did.

I didn't hear you

Must have been too good for him.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 26, 2014 3:51 PM
Sep 2011
If I didn't list the things I dropped, my arguments would be considered invalid because people wouldn't know I gave certain shows a chance, like not being able to judge Studio Shaft without having seen the Monogatari series.
Apr 26, 2014 5:10 PM

Dec 2012
What I don't get is why people delete entries. Like why is that option even there? It doesn't change the fact that it's dropped/completed etc.
Apr 26, 2014 5:41 PM

Jul 2012
Never.............I finish what I started ........... as a anime fan I love watching anime and I also like to fully judge it before finishing it
I dislike lelouch vi Britannia.

im a shiki supporter

my YouTube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCR90F0rzcss4CsrAbkZXTkg/featured?view_as=subscriber

Just past the 1500th Mark bitches

I approve this video http://youtu.be/U_0CCLxibFk
Apr 26, 2014 5:56 PM

Jun 2008
I stopped using the drop list. I try to complete everything i start watching.
Apr 26, 2014 6:07 PM

May 2010
Ratohnhaketon said:
What I don't get is why people delete entries. Like why is that option even there? It doesn't change the fact that it's dropped/completed etc.

i use delete option when i want to delete something on my ptw.
Apr 26, 2014 6:26 PM

Apr 2007
Currently there are 78 different anime on my drop list. So, it pretty safe to say I use it. There are a number of reasons why a title may end up there. I've been watching anime for 15+ years. My tastes have changed. So something I watched when I was ten may seem too childish now to watch. Other things may be hard to find. Not downloading shows sort of limits what you can watch. And, if a show gets cancelled (on TV) well, there’s not much I can do. And other things are just too long for me to handle right. However, just because an anime is on that list doesn't mean I won’t finish it eventually.

Someone might argue I should put them on your on-hold list. But, my on-hold list is for shows I have a more reasonable chance to finish watching.
Apr 26, 2014 6:29 PM

Nov 2010
Ginger_Snap said:
Not downloading shows sort of limits what you can watch.
Not really.
Apr 26, 2014 6:35 PM

Mar 2014
I wouldto keep accurate records of how I personally recieved the anime I came accross.
"Fuck this shit, fun things are fun!"
Apr 26, 2014 7:16 PM

Dec 2012
petalshreds said:
Ratohnhaketon said:

i use delete option when i want to delete something on my ptw.

Not even kidding I never thought of that. Well bye bye Shakugan no Shana II.
Apr 26, 2014 7:18 PM

Apr 2011
My plans is to one day have a Dropped list longer than Completed List (numerically obviously, the blue line of Dropped is already longer lol)
Apr 26, 2014 7:20 PM

Jul 2010
Only if I never, ever, EVER plan on picking it up again.

Then again, though, I barely use the "On-Hold" list, either.
Apr 26, 2014 7:20 PM

Mar 2014
Depends on how bad the show is, actually.
While watching School Days, I was on the verge of snapping and placing the shit out of it on the dropped list.

Hikigaya Hachiman said:
Hardwork betrays none, but dreams betray many.
Apr 26, 2014 7:22 PM

Nov 2010
Valaskjalf said:
My plans is to one day have a Dropped list longer than Completed List (numerically obviously, the blue line of Dropped is already longer lol)
Is this guy your hero?

http://myanimelist.net/profile/scrafty
Apr 26, 2014 7:27 PM
Jul 2018
I guess I feel that I can't truly rate a show until I fully complete it. I mean, maybe just maybe it gets really good towards the end...or not and then it's just a painful stretch to the end.
Apr 27, 2014 2:43 AM
Jul 2018
Hulmy said:
Ratohnhaketon said:
Fiction-S said:
Ratohnhaketon said:
Fiction-S said:
Yeah, I should actually list all the shit anime I dropped.

Let's see... K-ON

Stop there, you're already saying something illogical. No one drops K-On.

Sorry, I did.

I didn't hear you

Must have been too good for him.

Stop kidding yourselves.

What's so great about something that never really progresses?

Nothing. Absolutely nothing.
Apr 27, 2014 3:37 AM

Jan 2011
Fiction-S said:

Stop kidding yourselves.

Interesting character interactions and conversations.
Apr 27, 2014 3:41 AM
Nov 2008
Fiction-S said:
Stop kidding yourselves.

hey guys, no one told him yet.

should i tell him?
Apr 27, 2014 3:51 AM

Jul 2013
I drop them unintentionally. I hate not finishing animes but sometimes I start watching another at the same time of watching a shitty one and I just can't bring myself back to the shitty one again.
Pirates are evil? The Marines are righteous? These terms have always changed throughout the course of history! Kids who have never seen peace and kids who have never seen war have different values! Those who stand at the top determine what's wrong and what's right! This very place is neutral ground! Justice will prevail, you say? But of course it will! Whoever wins this war becomes justice!
- Doflamingo
Apr 27, 2014 3:53 AM

Jul 2013
hybreezy said:
Hulmy said:
It's really funny when people put anime in their on-hold list just because they want to look 'cool' and have nothing dropped.

Seriously, no one puts an anime on-hold for years.

Except Gintama
Lol so true. I seriously vow to complete that anime one day.
Pirates are evil? The Marines are righteous? These terms have always changed throughout the course of history! Kids who have never seen peace and kids who have never seen war have different values! Those who stand at the top determine what's wrong and what's right! This very place is neutral ground! Justice will prevail, you say? But of course it will! Whoever wins this war becomes justice!
- Doflamingo
Apr 27, 2014 11:00 AM

Nov 2008
I definitely agree with the OP. If I don't like a series, I'll drop it. Life's too short. The only time I'll complete it is if I'm watching it with someone else and they want to finish it (like when I was in an anime club for a while).

I will leave things on hold for a while, however. I go by feel most of the time when deciding what I want to watch, so leaving things on hold for a long time doesn't seem unreasonable, since I really might want to restart something months (or years) in the future.
Apr 27, 2014 11:45 AM

Jan 2011
Sometimes I do, but I prefer to just remove a show if I dropped it at episode 1 or 2, cause there's absolutely no point in keeping it in list then.
Apr 27, 2014 1:20 PM
Jul 2018
Heredity said:
Fiction-S said:
Stop kidding yourselves.

hey guys, no one told him yet.

should i tell him?

Tell me what?

That it was all a joke?

Knew it since then. I just played along without them knowing it.
Apr 27, 2014 1:54 PM

Aug 2009
I once dropped an anime that had 150 episodes, but then I picked it up again and loved it (I probably didn't like it at first because I watched the dub which is absolutely stupid). That was zatch bell.
Another 2 animes with too much was:
Kenshin (I loved this anime, but then I realized the last 30 episodes are filler kind of disappointing.)
Pokemon (I knew there wasn't a real plot because I've watched a lot of random episodes on tv. There's no point in it for me)
Everything else I dropped either sucks (via first episode), or its on hold, and I put it dead last in anime I will start up watching again. Some of them just plain grossed me out so I didn't bother finishing them. Some of them had horrible first episodes, but I'm not going to entirely write them off, because I plan to try and sit through the second episode to see if the first episode was just boring because it was setting the plot.
I rarely feel that anything deserves a '1-3' but when it does, I drop it like a hot pancake.
Apr 29, 2014 1:47 PM
Feb 2014
No because I want to keep my list full of anime I somewhat enjoyed.
Apr 29, 2014 3:40 PM
Pokémon Master

Apr 2014
I've personally only dropped one anime because I couldn't get into it and I didn't want to waste my time watching 100+ episodes of something I didn't like.

Series that are shorter, like 25 episodes, I'll watch all the way through because they might get decent in the end.
Apr 30, 2014 4:41 PM

Dec 2009
No, not much, after I watch the first episode of one anime, if I don't like it I remove it from my list like I never watched that show and I usually tend to complete every single anime I watch even if its really bad.
Apr 30, 2014 8:11 PM

Aug 2012
I do use the drop list, but half the time I just put it on hold. And only about 10% of my anime ever get out of that on-hold list.
Apr 30, 2014 10:00 PM

Jul 2013
Well usually i can tell after few episodes whether i will get any enjoyment out of the show. If it seems like i'm not going to get anything i drop the show (i don't list all of these) but if it's one of those animes that i have watched a ton of episodes while not being sure whether drop or continue i usually watch it to the end. For instance i think it took like 30 episodes to reach that point with Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood that the show started to really aggravate me with it's stupidity but because i had watched for so long i decided to punish myself and watch the whole thing. Probably shouldn't have but did it anyways.
May 27, 2014 1:41 AM

Sep 2013
atomais said:
No because I'm a huge masochist and I feel the need to finish everything I start, no matter how shitty it is.
May 27, 2014 2:41 AM

Oct 2012
I use my drop list as both that and my on hold list as eventually I might return to those shows.

May 27, 2014 6:30 AM

Apr 2013
atomais said:
No because I'm a huge masochist and I feel the need to finish everything I start, no matter how shitty it is.

pretty much this.

Well,I do use my drop list,but very rarely. Mostly it's because I like to give a series more than just 1-2 episodes to see if I like it. Mostly like 5-6 episodes,and by that time I either like it or if it's 12 episodes I just watch until the end. The show has to be really horrible or very long for me to drop it.
May 27, 2014 6:51 AM

Dec 2013
Of course I do use it. I'm not gonna finish anything below a score of 5. If it's shit, it's shit. Good ending won't change anything.
May 27, 2014 6:51 AM
Jul 2012
It's reasonable to use it, so I don't make the mistake of starting something I've already watched and later on decided it sucked :) If I just delete something I may later forget it's shitty :) Also I can regret my wasted time by seeing how many dropped animes I have hahah
May 27, 2014 6:58 AM

Jul 2013
I use it because I can.
May 27, 2014 7:01 AM

Feb 2013
DrGeroCreation said:
Yes I use it because I am not a masochist. If an anime is boring me or I just don't like it I drop it.

+10

l try to finish the shortes one tho but hell, if l get bored watching it why l should l bother

May 27, 2014 7:03 AM

Apr 2014
I use it. I don't need to waste my time on stuff I don't like, even though I'm normally a completionist. But it's just painful to go through hours of boredom...

爆ぜろリアル!
弾けろシナプス!
バニッシュメント・ディス・ワールド !

May 27, 2014 10:11 AM
Dec 2013
ThisNameSucks said:
I use it because I can.

yep basically
May 27, 2014 10:13 AM

Sep 2013
I used it again today
"I have been wielding a blade since before your were swimming around your father's scrotum." - Kurou
Mar 31, 2015 2:30 PM

Aug 2009
I have 30 on my list. I'm guessing I'll pick on back up one day, but otherwise, yes. I kind of have to if I want to watch the better ones. ^^
Mar 31, 2015 3:31 PM
▬▬ι═══════ﺤ

Feb 2012
So long as people take enjoyment out of watching anime itself - good or bad, it doesn't really matter. It's up to them. I personally will drop anything I think is bad.

I'm sure there are people that do it for completions sake because it looks neat, they have a bunch of free time, or they actually enjoy it. Just remember, it's just a number. If all the anime listing sites went out of service for any reason and you couldn't show off how much you've completed, would you regret it? If the answer is yes, then don't think twice about dropping something you don't like.
"Be the change you wish to see in the world." ⛩️

Mar 31, 2015 3:33 PM

Dec 2014
I have a clean drop-list cuz I'm clean af
Mar 31, 2015 3:35 PM

Jun 2014
I haven't dropped an Anime since I joined this forum, but I fear I may drop something someday, and if I do, it'll go in my dropped list.

Mar 31, 2015 3:40 PM

Mar 2015
I use it to make sure i dont stumble across a show i didn´t like twice since they don´t stick in your head for too long.

It happened to me that i watched the same crap twice and i couldn´t remember till episode 5 since there were 5 years between them lol
Mar 31, 2015 5:45 PM

Mar 2013
I used to have it then I see no reason now. If you want to drop it then just delete it and if you might want to give it another chance, the hold list is their to be use.
Mar 31, 2015 5:47 PM

Jan 2015
Yes...I'll watch 3 eps if I'm not hooked I just drop it
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

» Which, out of all your favorites, would you be least inclined to recommend to others?

WatchTillTandava - 7 hours ago

38 by MichaelJackson »»
3 minutes ago

Poll: » Legs or arms?

Absurdo_N - 1 hour ago

12 by Absurdo_N »»
4 minutes ago

» Is watching a show for the cute girl weird?

fallout45 - Yesterday

26 by _FRB_ »»
5 minutes ago

Poll: » What tropes do you find the most annoying in a protagonist?

ZeroMajor12 - 8 hours ago

15 by Tropisch »»
6 minutes ago

» Who are your enemies in the anime industry/fanbase?

Catalano - Yesterday

38 by Caciulacdlac »»
10 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.