Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Hozuki's Coolheadedness
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Apr 21, 2014 11:55 AM

Jul 2012
This show is underrated, it deserves to be much more popular outside.
Sad thing is that there's not that many people studying mythology these days, so this show ends being one that not everyone would like to see (too many cultural jokes to be undestood).
May 3, 2014 2:33 PM

May 2012
Pretty decent ending I must say, I wasn't a total fan of this series but I did manage to somewhat find it enjoyable from time to time!
Jun 4, 2014 12:08 AM

Jul 2010
Oh god, he killed the goldfishes. I thought the ending was brilliant, really a nice touch there. I enjoyed my ride with Hoozuki, 7/10.
Jun 16, 2014 6:01 AM
May 2012
Awesome and hilarious last episode :D
Well, I gotta say that I found the first few episodes to be pretty boring, but it got really better!!
The characters are really fun to watch, and I like the atmosphere. Opening song is catchy as hell ;) LOL at what they did to the ending song now ahahaha. Poor plant goldfishes ahahaha.
This Anime is really underrated, but it's nice to know that this Anime and the Manga are both popular in Japan!!
A season 2 would be cool. Thank you ^^
Jun 25, 2014 6:19 AM

Oct 2012
Dat psycho rabbit
Nice festival bgm :)

Hoozuki the marksman
Lol, Hoozuki, you're so naughty

Poor goldfish couple, those two are the one in ED.. right?
Pon-de-Enma?

Aw, Hoozuki was actually praising Enma Dai Ou?
This was.. the last episode??
Noooooo T_T
Rayl1ghtJun 25, 2014 6:25 AM
"Signature removed"
Dec 2, 2014 10:44 PM
▬▬ι═══════ﺤ

Feb 2012
"Your figure is so majestic the camera cannot contain you." Awww Hoozuki, how sweet. ❤

Welp, I'll be looking forward to watching the ovas that will air next year.
"Be the change you wish to see in the world." ⛩️

Dec 15, 2014 2:48 AM
May 2009
Its a shame its over. Wish they would do more. I know OVA's are due. but another 100 episodes would be great.
Mar 1, 2015 6:21 AM

Nov 2011
Episode that ends happily a TV series quite weird but fun, the secret of course lies in getting used to and understand the genre.
Narrative that sees our newly helpers and not, dealing with new situations gender work and leisure.
Eventually the same Hoozuki admits the truth about his weaknesses and his manners.
Drawings and animations more than good, featuring characters and funny in their own way.
Soundtrack pacevole, to be reckoned with even the catchy opening and ending.
My ratings for this series is 7.5 / 10!
May 9, 2015 3:20 AM

Apr 2015
I'll definitely miss this show although the ending was a bit anti-climatic. I hope that another group would sub the OVAs and hopefully there'll be a second season.
P.S. English is not my first language. I'm sorry if I would cause any misunderstandings.
Aug 14, 2015 4:25 PM
Dec 2009
I loved this show! I have had a hard time getting into comedy shows recently but that wasn't a problem with Hoozuki no Reitetsu. I also really enjoyed all the Japanese culture and fairy tale references throughout the series. Definitely want to check out the manga when I get a chance.

My favorite part of the final episode was all Mister Donut references! Mister Donut is a popular doughnut chain in Japan and it's obvious the doughnuts were from there... they even reference Mister Donuts famous "Pon de Ring", having Enma eat a giant one and saying "Pon de Enma", haha!

I'll miss this show! I highly recommend it to anyone who likes Japanese culture and comedy!
Sep 13, 2015 5:33 AM

Feb 2015
I'm really gonna miss Hoozuki...
Jun 23, 2016 7:28 PM

Feb 2016
Very nice incorporation of dialogue and comedy. Was educational on the matter of religion, mythology and history yet enjoyable to watch. What I found particularly enjoyable was how Japanese modern culture and corporate culture from the mundane world was actively changing Hell! So not only did it help connect audiences, notably Japanese with their history but make it fun and relatable to today! E.g. You had the dilemma of a broken judicial law of lessening the punishment of the deceased due to the wealth of every Japanese household's offerings as well as the increased job positions for female minions into traditional male jobs!

Then there is something that is not often done well or flagrantly ignored due to nationalism... It gives a subtle nod to the influence of Chinese/Indian culture in shaping Japanese culture e.g. the setup of Japanese Hell was comically a drunken version of Hakutaku's take on the structure of Chinese Hell. E.g. Basically a humourous description of the transmission of ideas from different nations over time, over water and how they lose the originality and become something unique. At the same time, it fully showcases the nuances that which makes Japanese Hell unique (shintoism and traditional Japanese tales) as well as giving pride and mockery to the workaholic, introverted and 'dislike of surprises/eagerness to be prepared' that represent the nature of Japan.

What I'm trying to say it is neither an overly pretentious praise of outside influences that shaped Japan nor is it a complete dismissal of anything gaijin. In other words, a rather objective representation of what Japan was and what Japan is.

Gonna give it a 9 though really it is a high 8 for me.
Cloud_IllusionsJun 23, 2016 7:55 PM
Nothing can happen until you swing the bat.
Oct 24, 2016 2:00 AM

Sep 2013
lol the two goldfish he killed were from the ED. Gonna miss this show! Not gonna forget the catchy opening song though ehehehe ><
Apr 1, 2017 10:37 AM

Sep 2013
Great final episode to an excellent series. I'm going to miss these characters!

9/10

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Aug 3, 2017 10:21 AM

Jun 2015
You cold-hearted Hoozuki. What have you done?

the fishies T^T
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
Aug 31, 2017 6:57 AM

Jul 2015
Solid final episode, comedies like this one aren't really my thing but overall it was pretty good, looking forward for the upcoming 2nd Season.
Sep 22, 2017 8:37 AM

Jan 2017
I think it's brilliant how they manage to incorporate the so typical summer festival theme into hell. really, really fun and unique hahaha.

Hoozuki is sure a devil.

Now let's wait for season 2.
SEIZON SENRYAKU: Hungry 100% of the time.
Vzla-IT

Oct 13, 2017 1:08 AM

Oct 2015
That Hoozuki does not feel Enma the way he toys with him is hialrious,he should really be king of hell but i guess he really likes being in the shadows. The episode i will never forget is the one about Satan where he screamed oh my god, it still sticks to me even when i tell people about they laugh.

Thank god i was lucky season 2 is this year.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Nov 16, 2017 7:28 PM

Dec 2015
I really liked the song they sang during the Festival!

Overall a lot of the episodes were either mediocre or flat out boring, but there were also an equal amount of funny and entertaining ones. 7/10.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Jan 9, 2018 8:50 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
The first half would be a great final with the festival, but after watching the second half, i think it was the best because the second half we can enjoy with the feelings of the angriest demon in the hell!!!!!
May 16, 2019 6:59 AM

May 2016
It's nice that they have Bon Festival where everyone can get together and have fun before chasing down those who enjoys being in the Mundane world a little too much. Japanese Hell isn't entirely hellish for its minions especially at that time of year, that's for sure.

Hozuki's been feeding Enma all sorts of decoctions for fun but behind all his antics, he actually appreciates his jolly king's hard work and ended the show with the coolheadedness he was supposed to show since the beginning of the show. It was nice and there were a lot of new things I've picked up from Japanese mythology but the puns and the other more localized references tend to be a miss for me since it usually flies over my poor head unless I pause to read the translator notes.

Nov 26, 2020 9:06 PM
Jul 2018
That ending though... when he said he made it out of two escapee goldfishes I knew exactly what he meant.
Oct 24, 2021 6:39 PM

Jan 2021
Oh god, Hozuki is darker than I thought. RIP goldfish from the ED.
Anyways. I’m gonna go watch season two
Nov 2, 2021 10:41 AM
Sep 2018
Where can I find the episode 13 festival song? Really liked it. Someone help me.
Sep 12, 2023 9:46 AM
Aug 2022
One or two funny moments.

Too boomer for my taste.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hoozuki no Reitetsu Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 20, 2014

38 by i-loathe-sasuke »»
Sep 12, 2023 4:39 AM

Poll: » Hoozuki no Reitetsu Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 20, 2014

54 by i-loathe-sasuke »»
Sep 11, 2023 3:44 PM

Poll: » Hoozuki no Reitetsu Episode 6 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 13, 2014

40 by i-loathe-sasuke »»
Sep 11, 2023 2:27 PM

» Is the first episode a good sample for the whole serie?

TetsuoXIII - Aug 30, 2019

3 by RjtheGreat14 »»
Jul 22, 2023 4:37 AM

Poll: » Hoozuki no Reitetsu Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 9, 2014

111 by laylaluvsu »»
Jun 13, 2023 9:17 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.