Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Mar 29, 2014 1:21 PM

Sep 2011
What? Is this already the last episode? WHAT THE FUCK JUST HAPPENED!? This is the first series that left me confused as fuck, especially this final episode!

Fuck this series.

Mar 29, 2014 3:25 PM

Apr 2013
Finally its over *sigh* -_-
Mar 29, 2014 8:12 PM

Feb 2011
Just wonderful dont you love it when an ending leaves you off with piles of more WTF. Never the less the anime was still enjoyable and not the best though.
shadower1332Mar 29, 2014 8:24 PM
Mar 29, 2014 9:47 PM
Nov 2013
Takeshi and gekkou the stupid brothers i've ever seen,if gekkou die at least it helps the anime become a lot better lol i think? XD Seriously i have to have to say that this series have a lot plot holes,if this gets a season 2 might as well just leave it aside cause this series is a dissapointment to me.I know i m not the only one. Sorry for grammar mistake.
Mar 29, 2014 10:10 PM

Nov 2012
Is that really the last episode!? This series had so much potential with the plot and characters but it all was wasted. The episode had lots of plot-holes and didn't bothered explaining some, especially in this last episode! Wasn't episode 11 still on the Trailers' headquarters? Plus, what the fuck with the cliff-hanger finale!? Should have dropped this :c
Las firmas estan sobrevaloradas :P
Mar 29, 2014 10:37 PM

Dec 2012
am i the only one who's more annoyed at Takeshi than at Gekkou?

anyway, this anime failed...bigtime...

don't worry, i know IMG tags are turned off...i'm just lazy to change my sig... xD
Mar 29, 2014 10:49 PM

Jan 2012
I wonder if this was original a two-cour anime, with all those gaps.
Mar 30, 2014 12:16 AM
Mar 2014
Probably the best part (and the only) of the whole series was the fight between Gekkou and Takeshi, and that's it, nothing remarkable to say about this show.
Mar 30, 2014 1:14 AM
Jul 2013
What the heck did I just watch? D:

I'm being honest I score this 5/10 :V
Mar 30, 2014 4:17 AM

May 2011
funny show. like mars. 10/10 for battle animation and comedy. (no pitbull intended)
"If you reject me, I'll blast a hole in you!" Kanzaki H. Aria
Just kidding.

Mar 30, 2014 5:03 AM

Aug 2013

Holy Shit.... Reading this was an even bigger mind-fuck than I would have expected.

Not to say it can't happen, but if that were the case, then wouldn't the Kazuma in the house be all over Violet? Since Isoshima is soo in love with Takeshi?

Can someone just please summarize the entire story for me in regards to the LN and the entire plot thus far and PM me about it? I am so damn confused right now.
So many questions, so many.......... sigh:

1.) Why did Kazuma save Takeshi's mother?
2.) Why did Takeshi's mother want to kill Gekkou in the first freaking place?
3.) Why does Kazuma have Isoshima's picture in his pocket?
4.) Why does that loli principle seem like she's actually in cahoots with Kazuma?
5.) Why is Takeshi's sword even useable to Gekkou?

Time skips are well and good, but NOT on the last episode where you don't explain squat!

5.) Why did Gekkou get sent back a whole year before Takeshi?
6.) If the assumption that Takeshi is Kazuma is to be taken into consideration, why the don't they look nothing alike when they got sent back in time? Aren't they suppose to be the same age back then?

I won't say this anime was a complete waste of time because apparently, as some of you have said, they butchered the LN so much that it's beyond recognition, but Jesus Christ, was a semi-linear plot that fans could understand at least 50% of too much to ask for????? I feel like I understand about 10% of the story just watching this anime. I don't have the Japanese Acumen to read up the LN to boost that understanding.

Someone help me, please!

The only one that has a definite answer is #2. Takeshi's mom said in one of her little monologues that she was trying to stop Gekkou from becoming the next Kazuma. What that means? No fucking clue.
Mar 30, 2014 5:06 AM

Aug 2013
Alecks said:
How did he travel back to the real world in the beginning?
Where did Ida & Mui go?
What happened to that law where using magic against another magician in the real world caused you to lose your magic?
I guess this was turn your brain off material

In that episode where Wasahi killed that old man. The old man was the inventor of the gift (the law that kept magic out of the normal world). By killing him it dispelled the gift magic.
Mar 30, 2014 5:53 AM

Jan 2012
Waste of time watching this. Waste of bandwidth.

Hoping that the ending will change my impression about this anime. But the ending turns out to be sh*t. Ending this anime with that cliffhanger. I didn't even understand why Takeshi was there. Gekkou was there in that TIMELINE. And what the hell is Okaasan is going to say?! WHERE IS JUSTICE?

I am only watching this for the sake of my fave seiyuus. BUT WHY?!!!
Mar 30, 2014 9:47 AM

Dec 2012
I laughed like crap at the ending, damn nothing has given me such a good laugh at disbelief at how ridiculous, confusing and utterly stupid the whole finale was.

Story 1/10
Characters 1/10
Enjoyment 4/10

Overall 2/10
Mar 30, 2014 10:42 AM

Jun 2011
Holy shit, that episode was so bad.

The hell was the director smoking when he made the series? I was confuse at every episodes starting.

Its really such a huge disappointed cause i for one was looking forward to this series with high expectations. But omg that was so bad. The series had potential, ok animation, ok OP, great ED and great cast of seiyuus but the director just had to ruin the series and made the original authors work a piece of crap. Who the hell even thought it was alright to cramp so many volumes into a 1 cour show? WTF?

The author should be allowed to sue the freaking director for ruining his work damn it. 5/10
ArcanaTraceMar 30, 2014 10:47 AM
Mar 30, 2014 11:09 AM

Jul 2010
I understand why the author of the light novels was so pissed at the anime. He didn't think it was doable in a season in the first place and thought they did a bad job of it. I agree.

This ending just makes more questions than answers. Their mom is trying to prevent Gekko from becoming Kazuma, but there is obviously a real Kazuma and Gekko together in the past? Nobody other than Gekko seems to be able to see Takeshi... The whole thing is a freaking mess that won't be resolved without another season or a movie that will probably never be greenlit.

At least the ED was a really good song!
Mar 30, 2014 2:10 PM

Apr 2013
wait wait wait, let me get this straight....so basically, they throw in a fight with Gekkou and Tekeshi which i thought was pretty cool but then after like 5 mins, they throw in so much damn plot at the end...and it just ends like that...? WTF, THERE WAS NO ENDING TO ANYTHING! this is worse than a cliffhanger, where they expand the story but cuts off everything else and ends nothing...my god, probably worst way to end a story imo.

Mar 30, 2014 2:13 PM

Jan 2014
Series was good, if anything its only weakness was that it was rushed as all hell. I bet there was enough material to make this 2-cours and would have been better paced and more deeply explained rather than rushing every conflict into fray as fast as possible because they needed to meet deadlines or something.

Anyway the finale is quite confusing, so basically Gekkou is Kazuma? How in freaking Earth? So Gekkou returned to the past and everybody is aware of him? What's next he's gonna usurp or mix with Kazuma which will lead him to become hateful and everything?

Anyway I don't stand Gekkou and if he's final boss that means he's going down which is a plus.
Mar 30, 2014 6:58 PM

Mar 2013
Three words for this episode.....
WHAT
THE
F*&#
Mar 30, 2014 11:46 PM

Sep 2009
I don't get it.
Mar 31, 2014 1:38 AM
Jul 2018
I'm so f***ing lost about what I just watched.

6/10
Mar 31, 2014 2:55 AM

Sep 2011
tyanak13 said:
am i the only one who's more annoyed at Takeshi than at Gekkou?

You're not the only one. When I was watching Takeshi, I felt like I'm losing brain cells.

Mar 31, 2014 8:04 AM

Mar 2014
What a mess, why was Takeshi alone in the beginning of the episode anyway? And where did Isoshima come from, she was with Kazuma last episode.
The fight was decent, but then the explosion happened, and everything after that was so confusing. The chances of all those questions ever being answered are slim, that pisses me off
Mar 31, 2014 9:03 AM
Oct 2010
Was the final end from the LN or anime original...?

Well, anyone that have read this, feel free to post (with spoilertag of course) or PM me what was/is going on...

I doubt any anime only person is ever going to get to know the meaning of this mess...

A generous 5/10 in the end.
Mar 31, 2014 9:31 AM
Jan 2014
Should've dropped it long ago. Now I really hate the little perfectionist self in me.

3/10 for Mui and that one insert song I really liked from episode 10.
Mar 31, 2014 1:01 PM

Sep 2012
wtf ................
I didnt understand one fucking thing in this last episode......
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 31, 2014 4:13 PM
Oct 2011
This was bad on so man levels, the music generally was good, but o animation was meh to bad, so many plot holes, and starting at episode 5, I think, most every episode had a time jump added in. Had hopefor the show, but they couldn't even end the series they were rushing through.
Mar 31, 2014 10:32 PM

Apr 2011
Holy fuck. The only good thing about this anime is it already ended. Fucking terrible show. 2/10
Apr 1, 2014 5:38 AM

Sep 2010
Really? Really?
Apr 1, 2014 6:03 PM
a lil bean ✨

Feb 2011
......well a ending pretty open. I don't want a s2 but an OVA to at least finish this so I don't have to read the manga....

HiScoreLoScoreAuction

Turn-InsAWCc

ᓚᘏᗢ

Apr 1, 2014 8:07 PM

Sep 2010
it was good but what ever happen between episode 11 and 12

also the last episode is a WTH moment what happen the end second season?
damn it why can't the Manga be ahead of the anime and why does the novel have to only be in japanese
Apr 1, 2014 8:27 PM
Mar 2014
dmrch said:
Amitsune said:
Don't dig, don't try, just forget Mahou Sensou!

Let me introduce the views of the elite soldiers of our country (Japan). I suspect this is the most suitable. But the mystery still remains.

Takeshi travels back to 1998. And his body and Kazuma's soul died in the Magical Warfare I. Maybe Takeshi was involved in the Black Requiem and Kazuma died in reaction of the Black Requiem. And somebody (Momoka 1998?) transferred Takeshi's soul to Kazuma's body. Then Kazuma (with Takeshi's soul) kept to sleep until 2014.

In 2014, Kazuma (with Takeshi's soul) was awakening. He started the work towards the end of the conflict, along with Violet (Kurumi?) and Momoka. This was why Violet (Kurumi?) had been caring for Takeshi quietly.

After talking to Kurumi (2014) all that had been imprisoned, Kazuma (with Takeshi's soul) took her out. And Takeshi (2014) was skipped to 1998 by momoka.

If you add your thought of Gekko's plot to this, it would be in the form somehow.

True! Good point. Thanks for the bright idea! (^ . ^)
Sometimes, when you're watching an Anime, you forget about things like magical/scientific mind/soul-transfer, because those technologies don't ( yet) exist in our world. That's why I didn't consider it among the possible causes.
The Anime needs an OVA, maybe even a second season. It doesn't change the fact that I'm disappointed.
Moved to hummingbird.me

Bye MAL- again!
This time 4eva.
No updates, no fun!
Apr 1, 2014 8:32 PM
Mar 2014
xkazutox said:
Amitsune said:

I think when they mention get ready new worlds which mean...PARALLEL WORLD. :D

remember anime stein;gate is not about going back in time, its parallel world.

Yup, I just replied to a similar post.
But, a multiverse/paralell timeline/affected timeline in Mahou Sensou? O.o
If so, don't you think it's kinda cheap? I mean, you know the Anime, I know the Anime, we both know it's a rather cheap consumer product- ( my opinion) probably a low level product.
I love Steins; Gate- I'd never dare to dig and search for similarities between those two Anime. *laughs*
Moved to hummingbird.me

Bye MAL- again!
This time 4eva.
No updates, no fun!
Apr 1, 2014 8:57 PM

Aug 2013
Wuuut?
Well...that was really confusing..
Apr 2, 2014 9:38 AM

Nov 2009
What way to end the series!!!

I never expected this and after some weird progress, this episode certainly changed things a lot. First of all that fight between Takeshi and Gekkou was a lot more decent this time and Eterna didn't play much of a role than I thought given how she first appeared in the OP but apart from the nightmares and manifestation attacks, she isn't that directly involved much with Takeshi from my view.

Kurumi really surprised me this time as all this time, she was never able to do anything and help anyone, she actually saved Takeshi for the first time and did something for once but I was afraid that they would kill off her like that but it seems like she survived which was a good thing. The ending had me really confused me especially with Kazuma having that photo of Kurumi in her swimsuit which was exactly the same one that Takeshi had!?

I'm sensing some random plot twist development but Kazuma isn't exactly Takeshi or what I don't even understand what's going on and Gekkou seems to have gone back in time a year or a few years faster than Takeshi did and please tell me we will get a second season because ending it here with nothing left would be one of the worst ending. Momoka sure surprised me and I get the feeling that she is still hiding something but now everything is just all over the place and I still don't understand what Takeshi's mum was trying to do and what was her objective!?

Overall this series was very hard to take in and so many times did I think that this was great or at times extremely bad so it's very hard to give my opinion on this series. The beginning was fine and the story concept is interesting but the application of characters was quite bad particularly with Kurumi as although she was my favourite character, she was useless most of the time and just seems to be confused all the time (still don't know what her magic is?) until she did a positive thing at the end. The story was all over the place with so many plot holes that it just confused me all the time and episode 5 really annoyed me. Then again, the story definitely is worth watching so I just hope that a second season (if it happens) because leaving it there is just ridiculous.

Final Scores:

Art/Animation: 8/10
Story/Plot: 7/10 (Interesting concept but was initiated good and bad at times)
Characters: 8.5/10
Music: 7.5/10
Overall Score: 7/10

Episode Rating: 4/5

Apr 2, 2014 9:56 AM

Aug 2010
This episode was all over the place. I don't even get how it started. Felt like so much was skipped. I still enjoyed this show overall so a final score of 6.5/10.
Apr 2, 2014 2:43 PM
Aug 2012
without a second season and about 10hrs of explinations this show was kinda pointless but as others have said the show was so mediocre and bland i dont see how they can make another series sales probably wldnt justify it tho who knows maybe the second season if there is one could make the show brilliant its jst a long shot tho. on the other hand the directors powers seem slightly OP and then takashi has the ability to time travel lol what im guessing the shot fired at takashi by the director the big black ball was probably to sheild the rest of the city from the energry used to time travel when they became unstable
Apr 3, 2014 12:38 AM
Jan 2014
Oh my god this was freaking terrible... One of the worst animes I have EVER seen in my life, please don't let there be a second season it deserves to be forgotten. Sorry but that's how I feel about it.
Apr 4, 2014 1:11 AM
Nov 2010
That ending, if it can even be called that.
It had a few good moments, but that's all.
Apr 4, 2014 3:36 AM

Jun 2013
What the Hell is that Ending!! So many unanswered questions.. Damn.. Wasted my time.. tssk.
Apr 4, 2014 5:56 PM

Nov 2009
What a trainwreak.. lol.
Apr 4, 2014 10:37 PM

Oct 2013
I didn't really hate the show, it was cliche but most everything is lately. However I think the whole show felt rushed with not enough character development.

I thought the fight in the last episode was fine but they just left too many strings left untied for a show that from the looks of the majority of people here's feelings about it I have to guess that it wont get a second season.

Such a shame... I thought the show had potential and that's why I kept watching it v_v.
Apr 5, 2014 3:57 AM

Nov 2011
( ・◇・)?
Apr 6, 2014 12:40 AM

Feb 2011
Holy fuck this is the absolute worse directing I have ever seen. I really actually liked the source material, but holy crap wtf who thought it was a good idea to adapt all the novels lightspeed like this? and why is everyone asking why they were doing wtf during THIS episode? the real question is how they got from ep 11 to 12. Please I really hope in the future they remake this anime with a more competent director.
Apr 6, 2014 7:22 AM

Jul 2009
WTH?! What kind of end was that? I don't know why they went to the past, don't know what Kurumi wanted to tell him, don't know what Kazama told Kurumi...
Apr 6, 2014 4:27 PM

Sep 2009
1/10 only the ED song is great
this shit is fucked up!!
i always know madhouse is bad but i dindt know it was this bad fuck off!!
Apr 6, 2014 11:00 PM

Mar 2014
My Theory
that Kazuma told Kurumi that everything will repeat what happened before
so basically there is something about Time Paradox but everything so vague

The only proof is the picture of Kurumi in swimsuit which is Takeshi had this all the time in his pocket but why Kazuma has it ? I feel something happened during this event "he believed to be missing after the Last Requiem spell that he casted"

LN will answer everything problem is the latest one was March 2014
xiety10Apr 6, 2014 11:03 PM
Apr 7, 2014 7:02 AM

Mar 2010
This show was really, really bad. Horrible characters, avarage animation and shitty story. The only thing I liked were the headmistress character design. Everything else sucked. I'm kinda disappointed by Madhouse right now.

I have seen worse so 3/10
Apr 7, 2014 6:13 PM

Oct 2012
CONFUSED CONFUSED CONFUSED.

I don't know what I was watching this episode. I just COMPLETELY ZONED OUT.
Way to go Madhouse.

Apr 8, 2014 8:34 AM

Apr 2013
I punched a dog in the face because of this show.
Pages (8) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mahou Sensou Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 6, 2014

115 by PedroKarim64 »»
May 26, 2023 12:41 AM

Poll: » Who would you prefer to see with Takeshi?

ClawViper - Feb 15, 2014

43 by Foreall908 »»
Jul 4, 2022 10:08 AM

Poll: » Second Season ( 1 2 3 )

DrFluffyUnicorn - Mar 27, 2014

105 by Elzohry »»
May 16, 2022 3:21 PM

» Who does takashi nanase end up with ..

llansam - Jul 2, 2020

1 by AnOnYmOuS__101 »»
Dec 18, 2021 10:52 PM

Poll: » Mahou Sensou Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jan 16, 2014

158 by rezasaputra27 »»
Feb 17, 2021 6:34 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.