Forum Settings
Forums

Japan's Weekly Blu-ray & CD Rankings for Mar 17 - 23

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Mar 25, 2014 11:39 AM
Mar 2010
jiraiya_sensei said:
Wow all these people saying winter season has been poor.. are you guys trying to be high class critics or something? personally I don't feel there's much difference between winter, fall, or even summer 2013. Every season has good and bad shows. This winter alone has a lot of entertaining anime.

Certainly the likes of Gin no Saji can't be considered poor? D-Frag, Nisekoi, Tonari no Seki-kun, and Seitokai Yakuindomo are also some of the funnier shows in the past year surpassing any comedy show that fall & summer had. There's also Mikakunin that's getting quite a good sales so I'm not alone in thinking it was a highly entertaining series. There are also some like Sekai Seifuku & Witch Craft Works that's highly original yet doesn't get that much exposure.

If anything this winter has been quite good compared to previous seasons. I won't be surprised if many of the shows manage to sell quite well.

You're completely missing the point. We're talking about sales, not quality.

kuuderes_shadow said:
It's hilarious that people have picked a week where an action-based series sells 6 times that of anything else in order to try to prove their idea that action series do badly.

While I don't agree with most of those people, Shingeki no Kyojin is a rarity.
Check out the News Club for daily rankings, discussion on future CD and BD releases, manga and novels. New members are welcome!
Mar 25, 2014 11:59 AM

Nov 2011
Great to see some of the Winter titles up there this week especially Saki imo. Oh wow, Cardfight Vanguard on the CD charts, awesome.

Lovely seeing SnK at the top this week also~
Mar 25, 2014 12:06 PM

Aug 2013
*2. *5,532 *5,532 Mikakunin de Shinkoukei Vol.1
*4. *4,743 *4,743 Saki: Zenkoku-hen Vol.1

Yay for Mikakunin! Yay for Saki~! I wish Zvezda sold more though.

Storm101 said:
Everyone keeps saying to wait for sales numbers from the site gamers for Sakura Trick. Apparently it had way better bonuses than Amazon, so most people bought it there.

Yeah that's what I heard from friends who are based in Japan too :o
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Mar 25, 2014 12:12 PM

Jun 2011
thepath said:
All the crap non action animes are selling too high. From the blu-ray sales only Attack on Titan has action with serious story. What is more disappointing that most of these selling high are probably the worst animes in this season. Even imocho is better than any of these.

No wonder why most animes these days are horrible. I guess we will never see anything like berserk or claymore with a proper adaptation. People prefer slice of life and generic comedy shows.

>Only action anime can be good
>Comedy must be generic
>Slice of life must be bad
>People cannot like what I don't like
I lol'd.

Glad to see Engaged to the Unidentified selling well. Chuu2 Ren is sort of.. overrated, first season was much better, in my opinion.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Mar 25, 2014 12:18 PM

Apr 2011
I didn't notice this earlier, but Mikakunin outsold Chuu2 as well? Well fuck, I didn't even think that was possible. What happened to all it's fans from fall 2012 (wasn't it averaging 10,000 in the BD section back then?)?
Mar 25, 2014 12:38 PM

Sep 2013
rederoin said:
kuuderes_shadow said:
It's hilarious that people have picked a week where an action-based series sells 6 times that of anything else in order to try to prove their idea that action series do badly.

And its not just any action series, its an action series that outsold every single 'cute girls doing cute things' show ever made.

Talking about picking a bad week for a rant, eh?

Because it's shounen title, if it weren't we wouldn't even be talking about it.

yhunata said:
I didn't notice this earlier, but Mikakunin outsold Chuu2 as well? Well fuck, I didn't even think that was possible. What happened to all it's fans from fall 2012 (wasn't it averaging 10,000 in the BD section back then?)?

"FREE" happened ;)
Mar 25, 2014 12:56 PM
Feb 2012
yhunata said:

Fans: "What happened to the show's quality from 2012?"

Sums it up pretty nicely me thinks.
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
Mar 25, 2014 1:02 PM

Jul 2010
rederoin said:
iLostReason said:

Yvese said:
The most unfortunate of all here for me is Sakura Trick. With such poor sales all hopes for more Yuri anime like it are gone. Sad times :(
Saddest part is that if ST was Yaoi, it would probably sell like crazy...

I doubt that, series with a big yaoi focus are just as niché as series with a big yuri focus.
While I don't think the genre's are that similiar, I think they might be niché for similar reasons.
Hmm, i see.Well then, all i can say is:
hpulley said:
Love Stage will tell us I guess.

phoenixalia said:
I wonder about that. Have you seen a real yaoi anime in the last few years? BL is in the same state as yuri. It's getting Love Stage! and Dramatical Murder this summer season and(provided they don't make Dmmd a second Togainu no Chi) if they sell the same way as Sakura Trick, then it's goodbye to BL for the next few years too.
Oh really.I guess i was wrong then.Seeing Free!, UtaPri and some other shows which are mostly aimed at fujoshi selling decent made me think that BL in general is going strong.If this isnt true, then thats kinda weird lel.Excuse me tho, im not following bl anime sales.
Mar 25, 2014 1:16 PM

Oct 2007
yhunata said:

IMO that show was even lucky to be that popular back then considering the content and how little it made of it's premise by the end and Kyoani's penchant for trying to turn every show into a schmaltzy romantic comedy of late isn't helping either. They just don't seem to take their projects seriously content wise and seem to figure they can just do whatever to fill time and it'll still sell because historically that has kind of been the case.

I chalk the decline up to the little remaining good will Kyoani still had from when they were the talk of the town and pretty much automatically had the most popular show of any given season by default. Obviously that's been less and less of the case of late and their shows sales seem to have regressed to about the mean for cute girls doing cute things shows rather than the guaranteed 10,000+ first week sales from the 2000's.

Personally though I think it's a great sign. I mean if fans feel a producer is phoning it in then the revenue of a show should reflect that regardless of how popular the name of the producer making it is. If Kyoani actually has to start to work to impress fans via overall content (character writing, music, visuals, pacing, balance of drama and comedy, voice acting etc.) and giving them a reason to stick around for their shows rather than just trying to wow them with visuals and relying on hype, and brand loyalty/popularity then they are in a ton of trouble by the looks of it cause they just don't seem to have that sort of drive since they've never had to at any point up until very recently.

scytheavatar said:
Can I ask what exactly were you guys expecting for sales numbers? This Fall season has been really weak, pretty much the weakest anime season I can remember since the mid 00's, and all the series are pulling the numbers they deserve to get. Is there actually any Fall anime which deserve to break 10K? You guys seriously can't think that crap like Sakura Trick deserves to sell better considering how little plot it has and how the DEEN quality is present.

Wholeheartedly agree, though don't you mean Winter?
PeacingOutMar 25, 2014 1:24 PM
Mar 25, 2014 1:23 PM

Sep 2013
Kaioshin_Sama said:
yhunata said:

-derp-

The Free haters are to blame, stop talking out of your a$$.
Mar 25, 2014 1:24 PM

Nov 2011
ichii_1 said:
Kaioshin_Sama said:
yhunata said:

-derp-

No, they are not. Free! has nothing to do with the chuu2 drop.

My Twitter : link
My Last.fm : link
Mar 25, 2014 1:31 PM

Apr 2011
GuiltyKing said:
yhunata said:

What quality are you speaking of? The horribly cliched and forced romance subplot that came outta fucking nowhere?
Mar 25, 2014 1:32 PM

Oct 2007
ichii_1 said:
Kaioshin_Sama said:
yhunata said:

-derp-

Not sure if you're talking about the whole conspiracy theory that angry fanboys are boycotting Kyoani because they made a show for fujoshi or not, but if for whatever reason that is the case and there's evidence to prove it then that's their fault for relying on such a volatile and shallow fringe audience to sustain above average sales.

Personally though I don't see a whole lot of evidence to prove that so I'm just sticking to my regressing to the mean theory. Kyoani has failed to make any sort of strides to diversify their portfolio and brand identity since their switch to self-published series other than with Free which mainly contains aesthetic differences in that it's appealing visually to fujoshi and not moe otaku. Combine this with the fact that without hot properties to draw a pre-installed fanbase to their products like the Key or Kadokawa stuff they are forced to draw on their staff's own innate talents which other than animation quality and good scheduling therein has proven to be woefully lacking. I think a blogger by the name of Guardian Enzo put it best how I would describe the current state of Kyoani. They are very much about the product. It has to be in a certain package, it has a certain look and a certain feel and is delivered on time and passes the basic levels of quality check, but it's ultimately soulless and without that Je ne sais Quoi that something like say a Madoka or even Love Live has whatever the fans may think that is it's hurting them.

Hey though if people just want to yell at me without actually providing an argument though feel free to be my guest, but that's my theory as to what is happening here. It'll be curious to see if Free suffers from a similar drop in revenue with it's second season if it is similarly unable to provide anything new to keep fans interested which given Kyoani's track record of late with content writing I'm thinking would be a pretty safe bet. Their productions just do not seem to have anything approaching the remotest touch of ambition and creativity when it comes to how character writing and progression of events is handled. If anything they give the impression that they are actively trying to avoid this being the case as well given interviews I saw about them stripping the story from that Tamako Market show among other things so we'll see how that gamble continues to pay off or not.
PeacingOutMar 25, 2014 1:38 PM
Mar 25, 2014 2:14 PM

Jun 2012
Is Kyoani finished?
Mar 25, 2014 2:40 PM

Oct 2007
No, they have three anime announced.

>KyoAni becoming less diversified
>implying Hyouka, Chuunibyou, Tamako and that fuyukai show are similar
>implying Air + Kanon + Clannad were more diversified

>mentioning Guardian Enzo
>treating him like some kind of authority
>in 2014
Mar 25, 2014 2:49 PM

Jun 2012
Kaioshin_Sama said:

BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH.

Weren't you supposedly "tapped out of the whole sales thread thing "? What are you doing here? Now, aside from a hater and a troll, you're a liar?
The only True Ending is the Harem Ending.
Mar 25, 2014 3:21 PM

Nov 2011
Andan210 said:
Kaioshin_Sama said:

BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH.

Weren't you supposedly "tapped out of the whole sales thread thing "? What are you doing here? Now, aside from a hater and a troll, you're a liar?

He's not a troll, but he does like to spread misinformation, so I hope nobody takes what he says about 'Cute girls doing cute things' shows seriously.

I already put together a chart of its sales a while ago(around the time Yuyushiki was released)

Does not include, KinMosa(5-10k) and KKK(0-1k) from Summer. NNB from Autumn(5-10k). Sakura trick(1-3k) and Sonico(0-1k or 1-3k, depending on the drop) from this winter.

My Twitter : link
My Last.fm : link
Mar 25, 2014 3:28 PM

Oct 2012
Saki <3

Mar 25, 2014 3:50 PM

Jun 2007
People on "fallen KyoAni" tangents rarely compare their recent performance to an industry-average null hypothesis. The modern industry produces 10k+ hits on about 10% of the shows they make, counting sequels. Any 3 shows picked random at have a .9^3=.73=73% chance of all averaging less than 10k. Even if the people making those shows are twice as likely as the industry at large to produce hits, that still means they'll fail to get there about half the time. Not that their recent status isn't a discussion-worthy topic, but drawing sweeping conclusions based on 3 or fewer datapoints sampled from an arbitrary endpoint isn't really going to advance that discussion in a constructive direction.
Shameless Blog Plugging: animetics.net
Mar 25, 2014 4:43 PM

Aug 2010
Attack on Titan season 2 when?
Bum Bum Dum Dum

Mar 25, 2014 6:16 PM

Jul 2010
Shuhan said:
Is Kyoani finished?
No, KyoAni always finds a way.

malvarez1 said:
Attack on Titan season 2 when?
When theres enough material to animate?...
incompleteAEGISMar 25, 2014 6:19 PM
Mar 25, 2014 7:44 PM
Oct 2012
Kaioshin_Sama said:
Not sure if you're talking about the whole conspiracy theory that angry fanboys are boycotting Kyoani because they made a show for fujoshi or not, but if for whatever reason that is the case and there's evidence to prove it then that's their fault for relying on such a volatile and shallow fringe audience to sustain above average sales.

Actually, what KyoAni sales numbers show is that the Japanese market is over all pretty damn smart. Good KyoAni shows sell well, poor KyoAni shows sell like crap (with a couple exceptions - Nichijou being the most blatant).

ChuuNi 2, despite being a sequel to a big hit, is pedestrian and it sells bad; Kyoukai no Kanata despite being based on a decent LN, fail because Kyoani decides to fluff it out with fan appeal. This proves that your conspiracy theory about Kyoani (which you have stated Ad nauseam) isn't true. Japanese "fan boys" don't buy garbage, their tastes may be different than your or mine, but in the end, for the most part (infinite stratos being a great exception) in the end, they make the right call.
Mar 25, 2014 7:59 PM

Jan 2014
*12,454 *12,454 Free! Character Song Duet Series 004 Haruka Nanase and Rin Matsuoka (REAL WAVE) by Haruka Nanase

Damn Free! :) KyoAni is literally swimming in cash right now.
F0XFIRE said:
OP 4 most butthurt bitch on MAL.

Mar 25, 2014 8:02 PM
Mar 2014
"Fate Breaker" by Toshiki Kai" is nice!
Mar 25, 2014 8:22 PM
Sep 2012
Ugh, while it wasn't for me Sakura Trick's performance has me feeling uneasy about the state of yuri anime.
Mar 25, 2014 10:01 PM

Sep 2013
Kaioshin_Sama said:
ichii_1 said:
Kaioshin_Sama said:
yhunata said:

-derp-

Yes, that theory :D (which is legit by the way)

We'll see when free 2 is released, if it sells about the same or more, it's confirmed that it's the haters fault (for kyo-ani) and if the sales drop dramatically we'll name it " season 2 disease" (nyarko w, infinite stratos 2 etc...)

Was anybody really expecting huge sales for Sakura Trick?
It seems about right for the show.

The BL thing comes from the fans themselves for non bl shows with almost all male casts, is UtaPri, Free and black butler yaoi? no.
Tell me 3 huge, pure bl/yaoi series or franchise not derived from another series.
Mar 25, 2014 10:05 PM

Apr 2012
Is this the ranking of the most boring animes ?

Mar 26, 2014 12:27 AM

Aug 2012
I wonder what the total sale is from all the volumes of Shingeki no Kyojin Blu-rays and Dvds is.
Mar 26, 2014 3:57 AM

Jan 2009
That downfall of Chu2 made me smile, the second season is just awful and somehow the japs agreed with that, well most of them, with all their shit taste it seems something ringed the bells, from 12K average blu-ray sales at first season to 5K just what they deserve, now to hope KyoAni will do something good next time (Haruhi s3 or Hyouka movie adapting the last arc won't be bad :D )

I'm also surprised SoniAni didn't do better than that, she has a great fan-base of fappers and it also comes with figma, weird... hopefully White Fox now understand they shouldn't do anything like that and come back to their epic stuff.

Sekai Seifuku did quiet bad, and most of my favorite series this season are only out today in Japan but I doubt they sell a lot, as always japs with their shit taste, all left to me is to cross fingers and wait for Noragami sales which have about 5K +- per-orders by amazon stalker, total of 3 versions of the first blu-ray, the other series will probably sell 2K and under. :(
Mar 26, 2014 4:24 AM

Apr 2009
Progeusz said:

>in 2014

As usual Shingeki no Kyojin.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 26, 2014 4:50 AM
Feb 2012
yhunata said:
GuiltyKing said:
yhunata said:

What quality are you speaking of? The horribly cliched and forced romance subplot that came outta fucking nowhere?

Yeah, it's so forced it's even in the title. So out of nowhere, ugh!
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
Mar 26, 2014 11:04 AM

Oct 2007
ezaya said:
What.
Mar 26, 2014 11:14 AM

Apr 2011
GuiltyKing said:
yhunata said:
GuiltyKing said:
yhunata said:

Yeah, it's so forced it's even in the title. So out of nowhere, ugh!

Referring to romance in it's name doesn't mean it's romance subplot wasn't horribly cliched and forced. The only good thing about Chuu2 was it's first few episodes when it couldn't give two shits about romance.
Mar 26, 2014 11:30 AM

Dec 2012
yhunata said:

Referring to romance in it's name doesn't mean it's romance subplot wasn't horribly cliched and forced. The only good thing about Chuu2 was it's first few episodes when it couldn't give two shits about romance.

Why was it forced? I thought it was natural, because Yuuta was the closest person to her. She gradually started to have feelings for him, and so did Yuuta, but they were both unaware of it. They were too close, despite not being lovers, but they didn't take notice of it, until other people pointed it out. The romance was part of the main plot, it has big effects on the plot and the two main leads, it wasn't a sub plot. There was nothing really 'cliche' about their romance. It was just too innocent, and it's effects, and mix of Chuunibyo, made it fairly interesting and unique.

This is just you, not liking the romance genre. Because most of the fans, liked it. And I personally thought that episode 10, was the best one, the series only starting disappointing me and I started to not like it with the last 2 episodes, because it rendered all Rikka's development pointless, it defeat the purpose of the story and it's themes and because of the cheesy ending, if it weren't for that I would have given it a 9 instead of an 8. I don't like the second season for the same reason, it's regressing a lot of the original developments and it's fairly mediocre in terms of comedy, enjoyment, events and in moe too. It feels like milking, and I'm not surprised, that the first volume didn't sell well.
tsudecimoMar 26, 2014 11:42 AM
Mar 26, 2014 11:38 AM

Jun 2012
Progeusz said:
ezaya said:
What.

Mar 26, 2014 11:59 AM

Oct 2007
Progeusz said:

>in 2014

They're similar in that they all seem to have a half-baked romance element to them albeit less so Hyouka. Don't believe I ever stated that the Key stuff was more diversified, just more well liked, the diversified comment referred more to the fact that they were pulling ideas from more different sources rather than just the best possible LN that is submitted personally to them as a publisher. It's hard to get good source material from such a limited pool of amateurs trying to break into the industry. I also mentioned that person because I happened to think they made a good point, not because I think they're an authority. I don't agree with everything that blogger says, just happened to think he phrased my thoughts well in that instance.

I'm not a generic poster that just posts and doesn't even think about what they are saying like so many others so I don't know why people keep trying to engage me on that level. It's just making a lot of these conversations more ridiculous and tangential than they ought to be. Maybe if some people would stop with the ridiculous hate on for me and just try to have a normal back and forth conversation things might work out better, but that's start to look pretty much like an impossibility because even when I feel the conversation is going well people still find a way to totally misinterpret and misrepresent what it is I'm arguing and yet they wonder why I don't have a lot of faith in the current fandom....

ichii_1 said:
Kaioshin_Sama said:
ichii_1 said:
Kaioshin_Sama said:
yhunata said:

-derp-

Yes, that theory :D (which is legit by the way)

We'll see when free 2 is released, if it sells about the same or more, it's confirmed that it's the haters fault (for kyo-ani) and if the sales drop dramatically we'll name it " season 2 disease" (nyarko w, infinite stratos 2 etc...)

Was anybody really expecting huge sales for Sakura Trick?
It seems about right for the show.

The BL thing comes from the fans themselves for non bl shows with almost all male casts, is UtaPri, Free and black butler yaoi? no.
Tell me 3 huge, pure bl/yaoi series or franchise not derived from another series.

Let's do it, I'm down for it completely. It should be interesting to see the results and what gets argued from them no doubt. As for Sakura Trick, I was kind of expecting some above average charting for it considering how ballastic people went over the first episode and that whole flipping over the balcony scene and just the whole girls making out thing, but I guess it never really gained any steam. I can't even begin to pretend that I understand what makes the yuri crowd tick since I'm not really into that sort of thing so maybe it's just one of those crowds that makes a lot of noise anytime they get a show they like but doesn't really buy any media.

Ame_Sama said:
That downfall of Chu2 made me smile, the second season is just awful and somehow the japs agreed with that, well most of them, with all their shit taste it seems something ringed the bells, from 12K average blu-ray sales at first season to 5K just what they deserve, now to hope KyoAni will do something good next time (Haruhi s3 or Hyouka movie adapting the last arc won't be bad :D )

It seems like the general agreement is that the second season just wasn't worth it and not a solid effort, which I could say the same for a lot of shows they've done that have sold respectably in spite of this feeling historically (Haruhi S2 comes to mind), but again now it seems that what they are doing it just isn't cutting it for the buyer audience for the most part. I will continue to argue that this is the way it ought to be and that they should have to try more on the overall production side of things if they want to have another noteworthy hit. It's not going to be easy since IMO they've never really hard to work this hard before, but competition breeds creativity and innovation as they say.
PeacingOutMar 26, 2014 12:10 PM
Mar 26, 2014 12:29 PM

Apr 2011
tsudecimo said:
yhunata said:

Why was it forced? I thought it was natural, because Yuuta was the closest person to her. She gradually started to have feelings for him, and so did Yuuta, but they were both unaware of it. They were too close, despite not being lovers, but they didn't take notice of it, until other people pointed it out. The romance was part of the main plot, it has big effects on the plot and the two main leads, it wasn't a sub plot. There was nothing really 'cliche' about their romance. It was just too innocent, and it's effects, and mix of Chuunibyo, made it fairly interesting and unique.

This is just you, not liking the romance genre. Because most of the fans, liked it. And I personally thought that episode 10, was the best one, the series only starting disappointing me and I started to not like it with the last 2 episodes, because it rendered all Rikka's development pointless, it defeat the purpose of the story and it's themes and because of the cheesy ending, if it weren't for that I would have given it a 9 instead of an 8. I don't like the second season for the same reason, it's regressing a lot of the original developments and it's fairly mediocre in terms of comedy, enjoyment, events and in moe too. It feels like milking, and I'm not surprised, that the first volume didn't sell well.

I honestly cannot remember what happened that I felt was forced and quite honestly, I'm not bothered enough to go back and remind myself. It's like those who hate battle shonens, I'm gonna call out on badly done cliches in romance anime since I'm not the biggest fan of romance. However, a well written romance, I won't hesitate to praise it. The way I remember it, Chuu2 did nothing amazing or natural, as you put it.
Mar 26, 2014 2:37 PM

Oct 2007
yhunata said:
tsudecimo said:
yhunata said:

I honestly cannot remember what happened that I felt was forced and quite honestly, I'm not bothered enough to go back and remind myself. It's like those who hate battle shonens, I'm gonna call out on badly done cliches in romance anime since I'm not the biggest fan of romance. However, a well written romance, I won't hesitate to praise it. The way I remember it, Chuu2 did nothing amazing or natural, as you put it.

Fair. Honestly a show shouldn't be praised or criticized just cause, there should be a good reason behind it. I mean I'm not a fan of the romance genre either but I liked White Album 2 a lot cause it did a good job of convincing me why the characters should be together and they were individually well written as well. Chuunibyou just seems like a crappy romance with crappy characters. You have Rikka who is supposed to be in high school yet acts like a kid in elementary school and who continues to use the Chuuni thing as crutch even now which the show seems perfectly okay with for some reason. She doesn't doesn't grow or have much going on with her character. Yuuta is the closest thing that show has to a decent character that seems to think at least somewhat for himself, but I have absolutely no idea what it is he sees in Rikka or why they feel they need to be together. Yeah they both have similar self-inflicted conditions and interests, so did the cast of White Album 2 but the show doesn't really use this to show why the characters should be romantically linked so much as why Yuuta needs to look after Rikka so she function basically and have something resembling a social life.

If anything it feels like the show should be a sad drama about a girl struggling with personal issues, but it plays her character pretty much totally for laughs save the end of season one which a lot of people also didn't like the handling of so I don't know. What I do know is it has little to do with whether you like romance or not, the show just kind of has shitty go nowhere characters and fans seem to be catching on and its losing popularity as a result.
Mar 26, 2014 3:26 PM

Dec 2007
Resurrected said:
...Why are some people who are clearly anime veterans still disappointed in industry trends? Didn't those people learn to tune out that noise by now?

I know right? And a lot of them watch anime illegally and they think they have the right to what kind of anime trends we should have,
mistress_kisaraMar 26, 2014 4:22 PM
Mar 26, 2014 3:40 PM

Oct 2013
mistress_kisara said:
Resurrected said:
...Why are some people who are clearly anime veterans still disappointed in industry trends? Didn't those people learn to tune out that noise by now?

I know right? And a lot of them watch anime legally and they think they have the right to what kind of anime trends we should have,

So they should watch it illegally then?
Mar 26, 2014 4:22 PM

Dec 2007
keragamming said:
mistress_kisara said:
Resurrected said:

I know right? And a lot of them watch anime illegally and they think they have the right to what kind of anime trends we should have,

So they should watch it illegally then?

An obvious typo..
Mar 26, 2014 4:57 PM

Feb 2013
Hope Mikakunin de Shinkoukei gets a second season!
Mar 26, 2014 5:44 PM

Sep 2013
Resurrected said:

That's what paying streaming sites are for and the Japanese watch it on TV too and most of them don't support the shows either, what's their excuse?

Blu-ray and dvd isn't the only way to support shows, I mostly buy merchandise for a lot of series and the shows I'm obsessed with I buy the discs.
ichii_1Mar 26, 2014 5:48 PM
Mar 26, 2014 8:51 PM

Jan 2013
thepath said:
All the crap non action animes are selling too high. From the blu-ray sales only Attack on Titan has action with serious story. What is more disappointing that most of these selling high are probably the worst animes in this season. Even imocho is better than any of these.

No wonder why most animes these days are horrible. I guess we will never see anything like berserk or claymore with a proper adaptation. People prefer slice of life and generic comedy shows.

Lol he mad
Mar 28, 2014 9:55 PM
Dec 2013
Kill la Kill blurays in the top 100, Strike The Blood sold out days ago, kinda good for autumn.
Noragami, Nisekoi blurays sold out days ago...being in danger of being sold out again...WUG charting strong on its first day. Looks like winter has some good storefront sales going on even with event tickets.

Also...man WCW is nowhere to be found in the charts after day 1? What happened here??
Mar 28, 2014 10:02 PM

Jun 2012
volare1 said:
Kill la Kill blurays in the top 100, Strike The Blood sold out days ago, kinda good for autumn.
Noragami, Nisekoi blurays sold out days ago...being in danger of being sold out again...WUG charting strong on its first day. Looks like winter has some good storefront sales going on even with event tickets.

Also...man WCW is nowhere to be found in the charts after day 1? What happened here??

WCW vol.1 > 121th

http://www27392u.sakura.ne.jp/index_news.cgi

- I only draw freestyle! -
Mar 29, 2014 12:34 AM

Dec 2011
volare1 said:

a) WCW was preorder-heavy
b) It's a very busy release week
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Mar 29, 2014 4:26 AM
Feb 2012
Yeah, I'm seriously looking forward to next week's sales. I expect to see some crazy numbers.
Mar 29, 2014 4:33 AM
May 2013
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2014-03-29/anime-video-sales-jump-6.5-percent-in-japan-in-2013

This is interesting. I wonder though, if winter 2013/2014 is as weak in sales as it appears and IIRC Fall wasn't too great in numbers either, will we see a drop for 2014?
Mar 29, 2014 4:34 AM

Apr 2011
GuiltyKing said:
Yeah, I'm seriously looking forward to next week's sales. I expect to see some crazy numbers.

Noragami's sales would be out next week, right? I hope to see some crazy numbers too, at least for Noragami. Decent-Good sales is fine too, just so Bones will be convinced into making a second season.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» Manga 'Kinoko Inu' Receives TV Anime in Fall 2024

Hyperion_PS - 4 hours ago

1 by KryzakamiHrybami »»
2 hours ago

» Manga 'Kuroiwa Medaka ni Watashi no Kawaii ga Tsuujinai' Gets TV Anime

Hyperion_PS - 5 hours ago

10 by Zedlin »»
2 hours ago

» Smartphone Game 'Garena Free Fire' Gets Anime Project

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

37 by Zedlin »»
3 hours ago

» Manga 'Kakushite! Makina-san!!' Gets TV Anime in 2025

Vindstot - May 9

15 by Piromysl »»
9 hours ago

» 'Kimi no Iro' Announces Additional Cast

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

6 by RobertBobert »»
Yesterday, 11:03 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.