Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Post New Reply
Poll: Space☆Dandy Episode 12 Discussion


#1
Mar 22, 2014 8:55 PM
News Team
Online
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 100131
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
>Porn on cell phone
LOL.

Funny episode. I like the fact that they take this mission quite seriously for $$$. I think plot is picking up a bit this episode. Some diabolical weapon or some shit is reached completion. That quiz was hilarious though. IN YOUR BEAUTIFUL FACE.
 
#2
Mar 22, 2014 8:55 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2013
Posts: 1760
Nice dream you have their QT just because of fishing XD. The Black Tsuchinoko(?) is on the lose. I facepalm that there is a guy on their ship but nobody didn't notice him.

So the guy is the Chameleonian he is pretty sneaky. Damn, so confusing when there are Dandy doppelgangers. The Trivial questions can be a little intense XD.

I think Dr. Gel got the wrong one XD.

 
#3
Mar 22, 2014 8:56 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2014
Posts: 1008
WTF episiode but still great
Zero Suit Samus/ Meta Knight
M2k
DBZ
 
#4
Mar 22, 2014 8:56 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 2880
This episode was so meta.
Hold the door...
 
#5
Mar 22, 2014 8:56 PM
Forum Moderator
Kanade♥

Offline
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 9679
When I saw the Qt monologue of her fishing I was like "Please no." My god that chameleon, so fucking hilarious. "Who, who, who" :D. Plot seemed to pick up somewhat in a way, but even so it was great.
 
#6
Mar 22, 2014 8:57 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 360
Laughed so much during that episode, one of my favorites xD
 
#7
Mar 22, 2014 8:57 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 406
Hilarious episode.
 
#8
Mar 22, 2014 8:57 PM
Offline
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 284
The QT fishing scenes were cute.
 
#9
Mar 22, 2014 8:58 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 301
I just love everything about this show.
People are strange, when you're a stranger
 
Mar 22, 2014 8:58 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2013
Posts: 114
"Is that your final dandy?"
 
Mar 22, 2014 8:59 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2013
Posts: 122
Funny episode.

Dr. Gel can never catch Dandy.Lol
 
Mar 22, 2014 9:00 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 29171
Ive loved this show since ep 1 but ive never really laughed much at it but rather was super entertained by its incredible creativity in its imagry writing and stories, this episode however was downright hilarious with jokes that made me laugh out loud. Also Ian sinclair was just freaking perfect in his line delivery this episode especially with the 2 dandys, also for some reason i love hearing dandy say
"ok now your just being a dick about it"

Sad to see the series go for 3 months so im hoping the next episode ends on a high note

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

 
Mar 22, 2014 9:00 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 5177
"Is that your final Dandy?"

Plus the fishing, QT was fucking amazing in this episode. I thought she was the star at first, but then the Cameleon becoming Dandy and then Gel "Hello there sexy". Just another awesome hilarious episode. Loved it!
 
Mar 22, 2014 9:00 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 1030
Very funny. I laughed so hard during this episode. :D
 
Mar 22, 2014 9:01 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 547
That second half was pure gold. The chase scenes, the "Who Wants to Be a Millionaire?" type quiz show, Dr. Gel's Identity crisis...It was too much. It made up for a pretty dry first half (despite the fact that I enjoyed QT's newfound love for fishing).

Oh...and that golden line "Gogul it."

Next episode-robot romance. Looks like it could be interesting.
(Also known on other places as Hiss13)

All hail the adorable chess master!
 
Mar 22, 2014 9:03 PM
Offline
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 115
This show is definitely still going strong especially with that mention of a diabolical weapon.
 
Mar 22, 2014 9:04 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 29171
also one joke that just went completely over my head that i just realized

Dr gel's diabolical weapon that would finally catch dandy was....a crane

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

 
Mar 22, 2014 10:47 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2013
Posts: 7106
That whole scene with the two Dandys being questioned in a form of a game show was funny lol.
 
Mar 22, 2014 11:16 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 966
I have no idea why I stopped watching this. It's still the most prime anime this season.
Dear Math,
I'm not a therapist. Solve your own problems.

Oh, and Algebra?
Stop asking us to find your ex, she's NEVER coming back.
 
Mar 22, 2014 11:27 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2013
Posts: 477
Favorite episode defently! But sucks that is ending with the next episode...
 
Mar 22, 2014 11:58 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 7339
I completely lost it during the game show, that was too good.

Also, that was a complete Dr. Who reference at the end, awesome.
 
Mar 23, 2014 12:24 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2013
Posts: 1317
That Chameleonian, givong the whole crew a mind fuck :P I was kind of surprised that theydidn't tie up both Dandys like what they did with QT then again would have been as funny to watch. Overall a very fun episode.

Dr. Gel and his crane-game :3

Robot-romance for the last episode?
 
Mar 23, 2014 1:20 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 329
Holy shit, I knew it! We're all lizards!
 
Mar 23, 2014 1:28 AM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 339
Very entertainin' episode.
 
Mar 23, 2014 1:30 AM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 339
Very entertainin' episode indeed.

Godtier_Taste said:
Very entertainin' episode.


hey!! Who are you!!
 
Mar 23, 2014 3:49 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 16178
"I don't look at porn."
 
Mar 23, 2014 4:10 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2014
Posts: 24
Another great episode, always love that I try to predict how each episode will end and fail miserably pretty much everytime. The comedy was solid throughout this episode. Octopus flavored Popsicle? Yumm....
I heard that dumb song on that tape in another episode and remembered it was the audio portion of the preview for this episode (at the end of last week's episode, hope that makes sense)
Sad that I'm going to have to find something else to watch for a while after next week. I hope it ends on a strong episode before the break; the preview did look promising though.
On a side note, I started working overnights a while ago and have to DVR the shows I want to watch on Toonami now, which is fine but I forgot to record "Black Lagoon." Guess I will watch the first episode online.

For fun, I was thinking of starting a thread for the common anime shout-outs or tropes (possible parodies) Examples that I can think of: the refrigerator from CB, the Haruhi "endless eight" parody, shape-shifting ability like Naraku (Inuyasha) or Envy (FMA). Maybe even anachronisms like Samurai Champloo has: Aloha Ole has Ape Hangers as control yoke, audio tapes instead of Digital Audio players. But I'm still thinking about how to go about it and I'm not sure how such a thread will be received by someone new here, or if a thread would even be worthwhile.
Modified by NJJM2006, Mar 23, 2014 5:48 AM
 
Mar 23, 2014 5:48 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 29171
NJJM2006 said:
Another great episode, always love that I try to predict how each episode will end and fail miserably pretty much everytime. The comedy was solid throughout this episode. Octopus flavored Popsicle? Yumm....
Sad that I'm going to have to find something else to watch for a while after next week. I hope it ends on a strong episode before the break; the preview did look promising though.
On a side note, I started working overnights a while ago and have to DVR the shows I want to watch on Toonami now, which is fine but I forgot to record "Black Lagoon." Guess I will watch the first episode online.
considering black lagoon drops the F-bomb every other sentence its probably better to watch it outside of toonami where it'll be censored

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

 
Mar 23, 2014 6:00 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2014
Posts: 24
JizzyHitler said:
NJJM2006 said:
Another great episode, always love that I try to predict how each episode will end and fail miserably pretty much everytime. The comedy was solid throughout this episode. Octopus flavored Popsicle? Yumm....
Sad that I'm going to have to find something else to watch for a while after next week. I hope it ends on a strong episode before the break; the preview did look promising though.
On a side note, I started working overnights a while ago and have to DVR the shows I want to watch on Toonami now, which is fine but I forgot to record "Black Lagoon." Guess I will watch the first episode online.
considering black lagoon drops the F-bomb every other sentence its probably better to watch it outside of toonami where it'll be censored


Thanks for the tip (as well as replying to my posts in general) since I find censoring-bleep noises to be annoying, did not know the show had f-bombs. It's funny that a TV-MA show can air on TV with all it's violence and fanservice in it's original glory but damn if someones drops the f-bomb
 
Mar 23, 2014 9:05 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2014
Posts: 2824
Is that your FINAL DANDY O.o ????? This episode was so funny!!! I'm Dandy, no I'm Dandy, who are you, I'm me and who are you, I'm you ....oh jeez XD
The Chameleon is an enigma, I mean anybody could be one, my friends, my parents, you guys....or even ME :O !!!!
 
Mar 23, 2014 9:43 AM
Offline
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 768
Wow, those boobies girls are hot.
 
Mar 23, 2014 9:49 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 113
It's a shame that the alien didn't turn into a large breasted slut. :3

Other than my sarcasm, I enjoyed this episode.
 
Mar 23, 2014 12:26 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 6186
This whole "Chameleonian" episode was hilarious, Those scene parts of two Dandys and Dr. Gels were so funny.
 
Mar 23, 2014 12:28 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2014
Posts: 17105
Episode was indeed funny. Also, Gel's diabolical weapon was: "The CLAAWWW!!!"
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
I conclude that this theme is in fact good!
 
Mar 23, 2014 12:45 PM
Hitagi's Pet

Offline
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 7167
JizzyHitler said:
also one joke that just went completely over my head that i just realized

Dr gel's diabolical weapon that would finally catch dandy was....a crane


LOL, so true!

This show is gold. I don't care how it does or how people rate it. I really look forward to the second season.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

 
Mar 23, 2014 1:51 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 354
JizzyHitler said:
Ive loved this show since ep 1 but ive never really laughed much at it but rather was super entertained by its incredible creativity in its imagry writing and stories, this episode however was downright hilarious with jokes that made me laugh out loud. Also Ian sinclair was just freaking perfect in his line delivery this episode especially with the 2 dandys, also for some reason i love hearing dandy say
"ok now your just being a dick about it"

Sad to see the series go for 3 months so im hoping the next episode ends on a high note

> Watching dandy in english
Filthy casual
その目誰の目?
 
Mar 23, 2014 2:26 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 942
Is that your FINAL DANDY ???
And DAT FACE : http://img15.hostingpics.net/pics/147465Sanstitre.png xD
 
Mar 23, 2014 2:27 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 3482
Funniest episode in a while...
5 main aspects I base my ratings on:
1. Did DramaEnthusiast make a thread about it?
2. Is it better than Breaking Bad?
3. Did MellowJello recommend the shit out of it?
4. Has it caused a (very entertaining) shitstorm on MAL?
5. Is it actually good?

Scratch the fifth point, it's not very relevant...
 
Mar 23, 2014 2:42 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 174
vilmarbf said:
JizzyHitler said:
Ive loved this show since ep 1 but ive never really laughed much at it but rather was super entertained by its incredible creativity in its imagry writing and stories, this episode however was downright hilarious with jokes that made me laugh out loud. Also Ian sinclair was just freaking perfect in his line delivery this episode especially with the 2 dandys, also for some reason i love hearing dandy say
"ok now your just being a dick about it"

Sad to see the series go for 3 months so im hoping the next episode ends on a high note

> Watching dandy in english
Filthy casual

lol wtf? True fans watch it in English on Toonami
 
Mar 23, 2014 3:40 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 229
another great ep loved how QT suddenly got into fishing
Yo
 
Mar 23, 2014 4:01 PM
Offline
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 9
I Gogol'ed it, and it is indeed a real thing.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gestaltzerfall
 
Mar 23, 2014 4:03 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2013
Posts: 3694
When you think they can't be more stupid, they overcome themselves.
This is the second time that Space Dandy makes me doubt of myself, lol.


 
Mar 23, 2014 5:07 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 29171
you know this episode becomes funnier if you pretend that random ass guy appearance the chamelionian takes is his actual appearance

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

 
Mar 23, 2014 10:18 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 2481
entertaining as expected
MAL IS NOT A SUPPORT/ADVICE FORUM FOR YOUR EMOTIONAL PROBLEMS

WHY DO SOME PEOPLE NOT REALIZE THIS

To the clueless people: my avatar is the bus driver from Rosario + Vampire

To Harem producers: Follow the example of High School DxD. Make the main character a guy with balls that actually likes females and make the females (at least, the majority) the types that aren't embarrassed to "show some skin".

Join if hate Clannad: http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=12806&time=1389088639
http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=41313
 
Mar 23, 2014 11:19 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2013
Posts: 6429
Who am I?
 
Mar 24, 2014 1:43 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2013
Posts: 3069
Really loved this episode it was funny and entertaining,especially that part with QT when he asked who was watching porn on my phone,not i don't wanna touch it XD.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
 
Mar 24, 2014 1:52 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 16178
JizzyHitler said:
you know this episode becomes funnier if you pretend that random ass guy appearance the chamelionian takes is his actual appearance

That's what I did.
 
Mar 24, 2014 2:07 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2013
Posts: 88
This music this episode was awesome. Poor Dr.gel can never catch a break lol.
 
Mar 24, 2014 5:07 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2013
Posts: 2484
 
Mar 24, 2014 5:16 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 232
"It this your final Dandy?"

I laughed so hard at the QT moments in this episode, that adorable robot really made the show for me. =D


 
Pages (2) [1] 2 »