Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Mar 12, 2014 8:41 AM

May 2010
Good one.
Mar 12, 2014 9:07 AM

Oct 2013
FrozenRemains said:

Can somebody tell me wtf is happening in a quick synopsis?the anime does a shitty job at explaining shit,why do they want Harutora,who are allies with whom,i just dont get it.

NOT A SPOILER, adding tags just to avoid wall of text in this post.

That's all I could answer, If I'm incorrect someone should correct me then.
NuviMar 12, 2014 9:20 AM
Mar 12, 2014 9:36 AM

Oct 2013
Nuvi said:
FrozenRemains said:

Can somebody tell me wtf is happening in a quick synopsis?the anime does a shitty job at explaining shit,why do they want Harutora,who are allies with whom,i just dont get it.

NOT A SPOILER, adding tags just to avoid wall of text in this post.

That's all I could answer, If I'm incorrect someone should correct me then.

So basicaly everyone wants Yakous magic powers or him revived,and Genji is villain nr 1 cause he wants a puppet leader,and Souma is villain nr 2 that will later possibly turn to the "good" side seeing how she wanted to befriend the group but for some reason (referring to the will) wanted to activate the raven cloak.
They decided that they should ally, so both of them would get what they came for using the raven cloak on harutora and reviving yakous power,however natsume stopped the "transformation" by giving her life.

But my question is that,so since Harutora is now refusing to help Omnyo guys,isnt he an enemy to the spirit seer world? Arent omnyo agency like the "police" of the magic users?
Isnt he essentially a rebel along with his friends and teacher?

Also im assuming this other will is along the lines of stop wars?

Thanks for the explanation kind sir,i have the plot sort of sorted right now.

I swear if pairings do not happen at the end,im gonna be very mad,oh you didnt torture me for 25 episodes waiting for a stupid confession to end in some pathetic way.
Taimanin_IreliaMar 12, 2014 9:47 AM
Mar 12, 2014 9:55 AM

Sep 2011
Kon FTW! 2 more ep!
Mar 12, 2014 10:08 AM

Aug 2012
Damn!!Shit is going down everywhere/....
Mar 12, 2014 10:09 AM

Oct 2013
facade63 said:
fuck you kon Harutora teaming up with them would have been badass as fk.

No way, he will be working alone (w/ Kon ofc) would be more badass. And I'm guessing he will since Taizan Fukun ritual is a crime and I'm sure he doesn't want his friends involved with him now that he is determined to do it by himself.

Speaking of Kon, she's so much win in this episode <3
Mar 12, 2014 10:16 AM

Oct 2013
@FrozenRemains (tags for text wall again)
Mar 12, 2014 10:27 AM

Oct 2013
@Nuvi

I dont mean Harutora is the villain here,i mean that since that omnyo head guy has all the power as he is the head of the biggest mage department thats patronizing the rest of the mage society,he can go after him because haru wants to abuse soul manipulation and wont cooperate with him,though the non cooperation doesnt justify marking him as an enemy of the law,its surely going to be covered by some lie to get the rest of the mages on his side.
That is why i think Harus in deep shit right now since Genji will hunt him down out of spite or duty or whatever,you name it,he has the power,he can abuse it as we've seen so far.
Genji hunts down Haru=Omnyo agency hunts him down too,unless his scheming is uncovered.
Also i didnt mean Haru to rebel against his friends/teachers,hes meant to be a rebel to the law=Omnyo agency.

You know,i feel like this anime should be 2 seasons,i feel like lots of stuff has been left out from the manga i havent even read.
Taimanin_IreliaMar 12, 2014 10:36 AM
Mar 12, 2014 10:41 AM

Oct 2013
FrozenRemains said:
@Nuvi

I dont mean Harutora is the villain here,i mean that since that omnyo head guy has all the power as he is the head of the biggest mage department thats patronizing the rest of the mage society,he can go after him because haru wants to abuse soul manipulation and wont cooperate with him,though the non cooperation doesnt justify marking him as an enemy of the law,its surely going to be covered by some lie to get the rest of the mages on his side.
That is why i think Harus in deep shit right now since Genji will hunt him down out of spite or duty or whatever,you name it,he has the power,he can abuse it as we've seen so far.
Genji hunts down Haru=Omnyo agency hunts him down too,unless his scheming is uncovered.
Also i didnt mean Haru to rebel against his friends/teachers,hes meant to be a rebel to the law=Omnyo agency.

Ah, looks like I misinterpreted the 'rebel' part here. Sorry about that. So yeah, Harutora, his friends and D/Ohtomo (maybe Suzu and Kakugyouki too) are rebelling against Onymo Agency.
Yeah, if Harutora manages to perform Taizan Fukun then Genji could label him as a criminal. After all, what all Suzuka did in vol1 made her a criminal too.
Yes, Harutora is in big trouble. Genji won't just give up on him yet, he could go to any extent to have 'Yakou' on his side.
I think all your confusion is cleared up now.
FrozenRemains said:

You know,i feel like this anime should be 2 seasons,i feel like lots of stuff has been left out from the manga i havent even read.

Anime sales are not good, the source material Light Novel is still on-going. And this anime adaptation is so rushed for my liking too but it's delivering fine I guess. I honestly don't think there will be season 2 and it's better off to read the Light Novel. And don't expect everything to be covered up in next 2 episodes, since the story is still on-going, vol1-9 was Part I and the author will expand more of the secrets in Part II, so can't really blame the anime here.
NuviMar 12, 2014 9:39 PM
Mar 12, 2014 11:44 AM

Mar 2014
Frontalbrise said:
Sooo, nobody else think that ressurecting the dead is wrong?
He really shouldn't revive her, because then has te obligation to revive others. And people gonna be mad, if someone can revive their loved ones and but won't do it, when he did it for himself. Dead people should stay dead.

I think Natsume's life was too cruel, and that's a big reason why he's trying to revive her.
Besides the fact that she was his friend and he loves her, there's also the fact that she had an unfair life (having to lie to her friends about being a girl and staying indoors for most of her life), and then just suddenly dying like that. It's too cruel of a way to go.
Mar 12, 2014 12:30 PM

Jan 2014
Well this was excellent. And Douman is badass giving two Generals a run for his money.

Finally Ohtomo meets this asshole again, bleh.....was to be expected.

Kou was absolutely badass, it set Harutora straight. And there are some surprising allies to take the scene here. And Touji reached destination. Time for a beating YEEHAH!!
Mar 12, 2014 12:36 PM

Mar 2013
I guess Kon is right :)
Harutora is always so Indifferent its kinda
annoying, look like the next and last 3 episodes
will be great :O
Mar 12, 2014 1:38 PM
Mar 2012
Kon saved the day - who would have thought.

So the spider was the fan guy? Or sent from him? I thought he was dead...

Touji looks bad-ass.
Mar 12, 2014 3:42 PM

Sep 2012
Kon was amazing in this episode!
I can't wait to see Touji fighting!
O importante não é o que fazemos de nós, mas o que nós fazemos daquilo que fazem de nós
Mar 12, 2014 5:41 PM

Jul 2012
Kon really spoke some truth in this episode.

FOUND YOU!

Great episode!!!
Mar 12, 2014 6:55 PM

Sep 2013
Mar 12, 2014 9:12 PM

Sep 2013
I think Doman is having fun :P

Shadow vs the Ogre Eater, this should be fun.

Kon FTW!!!

The Chief guy is still alive :D
Mar 13, 2014 6:35 AM

Dec 2012
Doman and Jin, such an awesome and scary combo...the 2 of them is enough to make most of the people in the agency shiver...

Kon was awesome in this episode, she really knows her master well...she really stated the facts right, saying that Bakatora should revive Natsume on his own, he is the reincarnation of Yakou, and that is was Yakou who perfected the Taizan Fukun ritual...now that's what a familiar should be doing...

and seriously, Bakatora should just calm down even for a second and think carefully of things...

so many things happening at the same time in this episode...everybody getting fired up...

next episode will be action filled!

don't worry, i know IMG tags are turned off...i'm just lazy to change my sig... xD
Mar 13, 2014 7:48 AM

May 2012
Btw guys. If you still haven't seen this.

Tokyo Ravens newest CD cover album.

Harutora x Natsume wearing an earphone.

So kawaii!! ~ ♥

IMAGE LINK:
https://31.media.tumblr.com/5a107a99672fb75d30b2ad18ba7aae9e/tumblr_n2e5spE8lw1rjwyb2o1_500.png
zilch16Mar 13, 2014 7:30 PM
It's not a matter of talent. It's a matter of will
Mar 13, 2014 9:43 AM

Dec 2011
Kon to the rescue!
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Mar 13, 2014 4:37 PM

Sep 2010
Step aside Toji, Kon just knocked you of the 'best sidekick' place.
Ohtomo still best BAMF.
Amami, you sneaky son of a bitch :o

man, if the show would had kept this pace from the beginning it would have been far more liked, im glad i decided to keep up with it.
Mar 14, 2014 4:33 AM

Oct 2009
KON!!!! <3333!!!

Amami is alive!! Yeahh!

Goddam this show and it's cliffhangers ><!!! A awesome one at that!
Mar 14, 2014 8:18 AM

Jul 2008
Too many badass battles which is a shame because I don't think they will be able to put the same amount of attention to all of them with just 2 episodes left :( Took Kon a while to show up and finally she has a cool part :)

I hope Yakou's powerful familiars will re-appear to help him in the next 2 episodes :)
Mar 15, 2014 3:18 AM

Nov 2011
5/5

The plot while presenting a somewhat lukewarm, he soon real possibilities of becoming explosive, fine.
Narration usable, nothing epic, Tenma is hiding something.
Drawings and animations that are lower than the level seen at the beginning, what a shame!
Mar 15, 2014 11:54 AM

Jan 2014
harutora should kill souma where he see her then ressurect and kill her again and again , her being on bad mood for killing natsume is not enough, i know what happens in last 2 episode but i need to see some rage harutora action.
Mar 15, 2014 1:41 PM

May 2011
Sick episode. Great advice by Kon and glad to see Amami back! I'm also curious as to what Kyoko is thinking. Next episode is definitely going to be epic.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 16, 2014 4:51 AM

Dec 2010
Wow, Kon has finally become useful. Harutora is so bad at accepting reality, but I guess if it's him, he'd be able to do the ritual with no harm to anybody, so it's kinda ok.

Go, Touji! :D
Mar 16, 2014 10:22 PM

Feb 2011
Frontalbrise said:
Zeally said:
he's practically Jesus. He can do whatever he wants :|
Not even Jesus played necromancer. Sure, he came back himself (only to go to heaven anyway), but he didn't raise the dead. At least as far as I know.

this isnt FMA

Another Sig WIP
Mar 18, 2014 6:49 AM

Oct 2012
Dear god. Kon...You surprised me tremendously. really kon, my respect for you just sky rocketed. I love you so much now. too bad the shows gonna end in 2 episodes.....WHYY.
Mar 18, 2014 9:10 AM

Jun 2012
Heh, I knew you had it in you Kon, glad she stepped up to the plate there. I was almost expecting Harutora to actually become an antagonist for a second there, lol.

Man, when it tries this series has some damned good action. I have to say, I really like how badass Suzuka's father is... I almost don't want to see him lose. It was weird to me how put off he was by Touji's appearance there... I guess he was just surprised.

Same goes with Reiji... though I want Ootomo to beat him.

I'm kind of confused about that fiery explosion though, I thought Doman did it at first... but why would Iwao do that to his comrades? Maybe it was something simple that I just missed, but I don't really understand that scene. Also wondering why it killed everyone in the building and looked like it wrecked the whole thing... yet the room where Harutora is didn't even seem be affected.
Mar 18, 2014 9:26 AM

Oct 2013
HalibelTheEspada said:
I was almost expecting Harutora to actually become an antagonist for a second there, lol.

HalibelTheEspada said:
I'm kind of confused about that fiery explosion though, I thought Doman did it at first... but why would Iwao do that to his comrades? Maybe it was something simple that I just missed, but I don't really understand that scene. Also wondering why it killed everyone in the building and looked like it wrecked the whole thing... yet the room where Harutora is didn't even seem be affected.

1 Miyachi ordered Maririn (op barriers) to create a strong barrier on the building.
2. Miyachi used his Acala Fire Realm Mantra to purify the miasma(or those ghost Doman) caused by D.
3. It didn't killed anything in the building, it only damaged the building a little ( and that too by D not Miyachi)
4. The room where Harutora is, was not affected by D's miasma because the miasma was destroying the building only by slowly going upwards. By the time the miasma could reach that room, Miyachi had already purified it.
NuviMar 18, 2014 10:57 AM
Mar 19, 2014 8:01 AM

Jun 2012
Nuvi said:
HalibelTheEspada said:

1 Miyachi ordered Maririn (op barriers) to create a strong barrier on the building.
2. Miyachi used his Acala Fire Realm Mantra to purify the miasma(or those ghost Doman) caused by D.
3. It didn't killed anything in the building, it only damaged the building a little ( and that too by D not Miyachi)
4. The room where Harutora is, was not affected by D's miasma because the miasma was destroying the building only by slowly going upwards. By the time the miasma could reach that room, Miyachi had already purified it.
Oh, I see, I guess I must've perceived D's ghosts as people inside the building getting burnt up. I suppose that makes a lot more sense than that guy randomly burning up his allies.
Mar 20, 2014 10:13 AM

Jan 2013
It was getting pretty good towards the end.
Mar 20, 2014 11:31 AM

Dec 2011
Damn. Never loved Kon since this episode. Love her now.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 20, 2014 9:19 PM

Feb 2014
Douman and Jin's team up is awesome!
Kon also did a great job clearing Harutora's mind.
Never expected Harutora might perform the ritual himself though.

Episode 23 here I come!
Mar 26, 2014 9:38 PM

Dec 2012
Go Kon, you're on fiya! Things really went crazy this episode, makes me realize that I want it to keep going but only 2 episodes left.
Apr 2, 2014 7:23 PM

Mar 2009
Anything to do with Kon is a good episode.
Apr 4, 2014 9:28 AM

Nov 2008
One of the best scenes was hoe Douman scared one of the Generals. That was priceless.

If they filch when he appears, I wonder just how powerful Otomo really is?
Apr 5, 2014 4:38 AM

Mar 2010
ClementIV said:
One of the best scenes was hoe Douman scared one of the Generals. That was priceless.

If they filch when he appears, I wonder just how powerful Otomo really is?

Actually, Ohtomo was freaked out by D in episode 9. I think the only Divine General who fought him, but hasn't been disturbed at first is Miyachi.
Apr 9, 2014 1:53 AM

May 2013
Good job kon, you words reached harutora.
If you want everything you'll end up with nothing.
Apr 11, 2014 3:57 PM

May 2012
Kon was the best! Well let's see what happens next!
Apr 19, 2014 4:55 AM

Oct 2009
A series about ootome and his 2 classmates would be really cool *_*
May 25, 2014 6:44 PM

Mar 2014
the breakthrough begins!!!
Well... Yakou is some incredible badass in his time..
They're using Doman's power lol!!
Shit That Fire mage is good!!
kyouko's power is being Awaken!!!
Harutora is being Pressured!!
Kon on a desperate situation!!
Kon succeeded!!
That Ending!! Reality is overthroned!!!
Good Episode!!!
Jun 29, 2014 1:18 PM

Jun 2014
I have to admit the first part of this show was mediocre but this was top notch! I hope they finish this was a bang. And ohtomo sensei is just such a badass, him vs Kagami. I wonder what Touji is up to as well, can't wait for next episode!
Aug 9, 2014 7:00 PM

May 2014
Kon's explanation was so out of character. She spoke like some fucking wise old geezer, when normally she cannot pronounce words correctly
Kon: [b]."If you brought her back with your hands, she will smile for you again."/[b]
Really? So if Harutora revives her and dies for her, she will be happy? NO WAY IN HELL, wannabe smartass Kon. Just stay fucking cute will you? Your servile nature took an almost 180 degree turn wtf.
Aug 29, 2014 1:52 PM

Sep 2012
Nice one, Kon.
Harutora will bring NAtsume back to life? Let's see how he will do it.
Feb 25, 2015 11:42 AM

Dec 2014
ClementIV said:

This. That was my favorite part too.

“There are two kinds of arrogance. One where you are unequal to the task and one where your dreams are too big. The former is commonplace stupidity... but the latter is a rare species that is difficult to find.”

Mar 20, 2015 2:47 AM

Aug 2010
Kon, you have my thanks!!!!

Though im surprised they let Kon talk for that long...
Apr 13, 2015 2:57 PM

Feb 2013
That was a great episode.

The Fan Director is still alive! Glad to see him again. Looks like he was hiding in the shadows waiting for the right time to show up again. Douma busy fighting that one guy and Ootomo-sensei is fighting that Ogre Divine General.

Kon did a great job snapping Harutora back to his senses. He knows now that he can do it himself. So the Taizan Fukun Ritual isn't just one spell but a branch of spells with many different ways of achieving it? That's what I got.

I wonder what Kyouko's deal is? What's with her? Did she get a new ability? Also what's Tenma doing?

Next episode!
May 23, 2015 5:36 AM

Jan 2012
Good job kon but weak at fighting as always

Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» Tokyo Ravens community still alive? Any news on the new LN volume 17?

Gilgamesh45 - Mar 26, 2022

24 by XrIoUs »»
Mar 24, 4:18 AM

» Rest in peace Maon Kurosaki

Hot_Green_Tea - Mar 3, 2023

2 by smallwitchy »»
Nov 1, 2023 11:29 PM

Poll: » Tokyo Ravens Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 25, 2014

372 by DemonLordKenzaki »»
Sep 16, 2023 11:43 PM

» Tokyo ravens really end?

Patolas - Aug 6, 2017

16 by Alexioos95 »»
Jun 10, 2023 8:12 AM

» How to see the rest of the story?

MrBones2002 - Jun 11, 2021

5 by Biribiri10 »»
Nov 7, 2022 11:55 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.