Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Kill la Kill
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Feb 27, 2014 9:19 AM

Oct 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
So, episode 20. Summary in the spoiler tag.

END.

My thoughts?

This episode was really well done. Heart-wrenching too.. Ryuuko...

With all this stuff going on, I wrote a theory that may end up coming true if TRIGGER really wants to go the "Character Drama" route with this, like they said they have.

**ONLY CLICK IF YOU'VE SEEN THE EPISODE**
Please check out my theory here
**ONLY CLICK IF YOU'VE SEEN THE EPISODE**

... and leave your thoughts!
BRSxIgnitionFeb 28, 2014 1:31 AM
"Evidently... There's no such thing as 'meaning' in this world. But that in itself is wonderful... isn't it? Since if there isn't a set meaning, then you can just find one on your own."
- Filicia Heideman, So Ra No Wo To
Feb 27, 2014 9:21 AM

Nov 2011
Family reunion and Takarada is freaking awesome so far with that return. I got some TTGL vibe from this. Looks like they are fighting against Ragyo in full force now. Feel the wrath yo

Watching Satsuki is suffering ;.;
Heh, memory montage from Ryuko. More suffering.
Stark700Feb 27, 2014 9:27 AM
Feb 27, 2014 9:33 AM

Mar 2012
Guess all that fanart was canon then.
Feb 27, 2014 9:43 AM

Sep 2008
Sasuga Trigger. Junketsu Ryuuko vs Senketsu Satsuki.
Feb 27, 2014 10:15 AM
Dec 2007
I just want to ask, just How Much MORE will Trigger make Ryuuko suffer... That girl needs hugs... lots of them.
Also loved how Satsuki pretty much set herself up as the Boss of NB's ship, give her a day or two and she'll be running Nudist Beach.
Feb 27, 2014 10:45 AM

Oct 2013
Got spoiled when I entered here looking for a raw

Doesn´t matter, this looks epic as f*ck
Feb 27, 2014 11:05 AM

Apr 2013
OH MY GOD SATSUKI YES

went pretty much the way i expected it which is awesome just that i thought ryuko would be forced into that giant kamui they were making instead of junketsu.

i really hope satsuki and senketsu will beat the shit out of ryuko so she finally snaps out of this constant temper shit she has going
xSanoxFeb 27, 2014 11:09 AM
Feb 27, 2014 11:24 AM

Oct 2008
Satsuki & Senketsu is the best thing ever omfg.

Senketsu is now my fav. Character in KLK next to Nui. She just gives no fcks.
Feb 27, 2014 11:30 AM

Feb 2013
Ryuuko and Senketsus suffering continues. Nui is creepy as always and Ragyo is still the best mom out there. Those false memories were pretty sad.
Can't wait for the next episode, the fight will be pretty awesome.
Am I the only one who still believes some characters are going to die?

Feb 27, 2014 11:38 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
The drama, the suffering, the nail sharpening tension and rampant nudity. Loved all of it. Thank you Trigger.

I will happily sell one of my organs in order to buy a SATSUKI-sama wearing SENKENTSU figure when it inevitably comes out in an not distant future
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Feb 27, 2014 11:42 AM

Oct 2011
Marzan said:

I will happily sell one of my organs in order to buy a SATSUKI-sama wearing SENKENTSU figure when it inevitably comes out in an not distant future

All of this. Yes, Yes, and more Yes. Hoping she doesn't die.

Who wants to bet that Mako will be threatened by the battle between Satsuki and Ryuuko, and Gama will "sever the bonds of fate" by protecting her from whatever impact/attack that would usually have hit her?

"21 I DIE" after all....

We'll have to wait n' see.
"Evidently... There's no such thing as 'meaning' in this world. But that in itself is wonderful... isn't it? Since if there isn't a set meaning, then you can just find one on your own."
- Filicia Heideman, So Ra No Wo To
Feb 27, 2014 11:49 AM

Feb 2014
First of all, I'd like to say hello! I've been spectating these forums for a while now, but finally decided to make an account and join the discussion.

xSanox said:

went pretty much the way i expected it which is awesome just that i thought ryuko would be forced into that giant kamui they were making instead of junketsu.

Ah, I'm pretty sure the uniform they were sewing together was Junketsu, except torn apart, then customized so it would 'fit' Ryuuko.

Also, I think that wearing Junketsu is influencing Ryuuko's memories; I think once she doesn't wear Junketsu anymore, she'll regain her normal memories. It could be possible Junketsu was altered that way that it uses the thread that Ragyo used to brainwash all the One-stars and Ryuko in episode 18, but this time directly entered her body through the flow of her blood, which allowed them to go straight inside her brain, instead of around? But alas, that is probably a too far fetched theory.

Anyways, overall it was a great episode! I thoroughly enjoyed it, especially Satsuki kicking ass with only two very sharp blade nails, beating the COVERS up while being fully naked, and of course Satsuki wearing Senketsu. I'm excited for next week's episode!
Feb 27, 2014 12:00 PM

Nov 2012
Ryuuko sure turned into a steaming pile of emo. Pathetic.

Satsuki is best girl by far.

I would like to see Ryuuko kill Mako to break herself out of Jenketsu. She needs a big wake up call.
niaxatoFeb 28, 2014 5:51 AM
Feb 27, 2014 12:02 PM

Apr 2012
Satsuki looks amazing in anything she wears... SATSUKI #1!

I wonder what Nui and Ragyo are preparing that was supposed to 'eat' Satsuki. If it was that Junketsu then it may become a trap for Satsuki - if Ryuuko is defeated I imagine Senketsu will return to her and Satsuki will take Junketsu - and it might try to eat her...

I hope not.
"Rejoice! We are humans— we are the most talented people! Precisely because we were born without any ability— we can achieve anything— this is the will of the weakest race!" – Sora, ‘No game No life Vol.01’
Feb 27, 2014 12:07 PM

Aug 2013
I'm speechless...o_o
Feb 27, 2014 12:10 PM

Mar 2012
Dayyum, what an episode! Loved Satsuki's badassery and Nui's trolling. Although it was hard for me to watch most of Ryuuko's scenes with a straight face - not because I found her brooding ridiculous or anything, just because her facial expressions kept reminding me of Tomoko Kuroki :)
Feb 27, 2014 12:31 PM

Oct 2013
So much awesomeness on 20 minutes...

That moment when you think is going to FINALLY die...LoL Nope, another monster. F*cking troll men, f*cking loli troll

Also, Mad-Ryuko is soooo badass, can´t wait to see what will happen next eppisode, but I feel that will be something big

4 left on the trip guys
Feb 27, 2014 12:54 PM
Nov 2013
Holy shit, i love Ryuko's VA so badly. It just fits.
Feb 27, 2014 1:09 PM
Jan 2014
I'm starting to think that these theories about ryuko dying at the end are probably true.
Feb 27, 2014 1:14 PM
Feb 2014
Hi! I have also been creeping these forums for a while now.

And I joined because there is something bugging me that no one is talking about.

What happened to my girl Rei Hououmaru?! She was so cool and also the only tanned character and I want her back <3

I don't feel like she died in the explosion in episode 19...
Feb 27, 2014 1:33 PM

May 2008
Poor Ryuuko. She's been exploited so many times only to end in a worse place than she started. Finding out about the truth of her father's death gave her no peace, since she uncovered more than she needed to know. I really do hope by the end of the series, she'll be in a happier place. Now these false memories are the only thing helping her cope with the pain.

Satsuki was a badass in this episode! The fact that she can don Senketsu is just BAMF worthy, since her mother told her she wasn't fit for Life Fibers.

Based on the episode 21 preview, Ryuuko looks like she's gonna come to her senses.
Feb 27, 2014 1:36 PM

Jan 2011
New Nudist beach tech/mechs <3
takarada comeback <3
Junketsu Ryuuko <3
Senketsu Satsuki <3

Gonna need that second OST ASAP
VioLinkFeb 27, 2014 1:44 PM
[center]
Feb 27, 2014 1:51 PM
Oct 2013
NanoZero said:
Satsuki was a badass in this episode! The fact that she can don Senketsu is just BAMF worthy, since her mother told her she wasn't fit for Life Fibers.

Well, she's put him on, but she still has yet to wear him. It will be interesting to see how all that goes down. Maybe we'll see another wedding-style transformation for Senketsu to complement Ryuuko's Junketsu transformation.

I'm confused about Nui. Was she just created from Life Fibers, or is she another one of Ragyou's children infused with Life Fibers?
Feb 27, 2014 1:53 PM

Jan 2011
Kokopelli said:
NanoZero said:

Well, she's put him on, but she still has yet to wear him. It will be interesting to see how all that goes down. Maybe we'll see another wedding-style transformation for Senketsu to complement Ryuuko's Junketsu transformation.

She wears him http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nT3cdM1Kzqo and yeah hers looks different than Ryuuko's version.
[center]
Feb 27, 2014 2:02 PM
Jul 2018
In this episode I decided to already hand this show a perfect 10 it deserves. Last few episodes have been such a wild ride, and all indicators point to it only getting wilder.

Calling it now:
- Mako dies in episode 21l, snapping Ryuuko out of her brainwash
- Ryuuko and Satsuki combine scissor blade to cut Ragyo's head off
- Nui dies confused and lost after Ragyo dies
- Nudist Beach destroys remnants of Covers
- Ryuuko dies as side-effect because as a life fiber monster she can't live without the hive

It was Satsuki who never lost her way.
Feb 27, 2014 2:04 PM
Oct 2013
VioLink said:
Kokopelli said:
NanoZero said:

She wears him http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nT3cdM1Kzqo and yeah hers looks different than Ryuuko's version.

Yeah, I just saw that after I posted that message. Didn't expect the preview to already be around. Thanks for making me look like a dumbass.

jk

but srsly tho
Feb 27, 2014 2:22 PM

Aug 2013
Dat Gurren Lagann reference... :D

We saw briefly Matoi nipple, they do really exist! xD
Mako wasn't able to stop her even with one of her speech :(

Satsuki, even nude, is so fucking epic.

I didn't thought that the money crazy would work with the nudist beach to help them liberate Satsuki.

Matoi have passed on the evil side and made the evil pact. Only Satsuki and Senketsu can save her! That fight will surely be brutal.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Feb 27, 2014 2:23 PM
Jul 2013
Hek, the roles were reversed, Satsuki is now good. I'm surprised that Nui is also Biofibra.
Feb 27, 2014 2:38 PM

Feb 2014
Ryuko was basically getting mind fucked this whole episode so basically she's another version of Sayaka Miki(my favorite character) I feel bad for her

Satsuki keeps her badassery and teams up with Senketsu.. I didn't think it was going to happen It was wishful thinking that paid off.. I'm glad that Mako is NOT the one to make Ryuko come to here senses but her sister and best friend

So what's with Ryuko's imagination while wearing Junketsu? Was it just her picturing "what could've been if my mother wasnt a complete bitch"?

Nui being life fibers was already predicted bit she isn't Ragyo's daughter

The Gurren Lagamn reference..couldn't take the epicness

Evil Ryuko? I swear these death flags keep piling up but to whom I have no idea
Feb 27, 2014 2:41 PM

May 2008
TheGrandSage23 said:
So what's with Ryuko's imagination while wearing Junketsu? Was it just her picturing "what could've been if my mother wasnt a complete bitch"?

Junketsu's altering her memories as it combines with her Life Fibers inside her. So the Ryuuko at the end of the episode believes something that isn't true, thus she's fighting for her mother.
Feb 27, 2014 2:43 PM

Sep 2013
Holy fucking shit.
Satsuki is a fucking boss as always. Ryuuko baby.... She has lost her way super hard... I want to hug her.
Feb 27, 2014 2:46 PM

Jan 2014
TheGrandSage23 said:
Nui being life fibers was already predicted bit she isn't Ragyo's daughter

Why did she not regenerate her left eye? Confused...seeing as she was waving her f***ing heart around without ill effect.
Feb 27, 2014 3:10 PM

May 2012
Another great episode. Was not expecting Ryuuko to wear Junketsu and give her fake memories. Didn't like Ryuuuko transformation with Junketsu. Thought it would be a little sexier. Satsuki is looking pretty good wearing Senketsu normally. Can't wait to see how she looks transform.
Feb 27, 2014 3:12 PM
Jan 2014
dariken said:
In this episode I decided to already hand this show a perfect 10 it deserves. Last few episodes have been such a wild ride, and all indicators point to it only getting wilder.

Calling it now:
- Ryuuko dies as side-effect because as a life fiber monster she can't live without the hive

This makes a lot of sense poor ryuko :'(
Feb 27, 2014 3:24 PM

Jul 2009
This episode caugh me off guard, holy shit. Although the Kamuis swap and Nui being life-fibers were somehow predictable, I still enjoyed it. Aslo, I couldn't believe that Takarada is back, but he is. I knew he was alive and kicking somewhere, but didn't thought that they'll actually bring him back. In the Dosh King we trust. ;_ ;7

Bravo, Trigger, anime is saved.
Feb 27, 2014 3:36 PM

Sep 2012
THE FIGHT THAT I'VE WANTED ALL THIS TIME
FINALLY COMING NEXT EPISODE

OMG

CANNOT CONTAIN HYPE

Edit: looks like Trigger lied about no longer having next episode previews.
PortalityFeb 27, 2014 3:41 PM
So long as you yourself enjoy it, what does the thoughts of others matter to you?
Feb 27, 2014 4:08 PM

Apr 2012
I thought I was going to lose it several times during this episode:

- emotional talk between Ryuuko and Senketsu
- Nudist ship
- the Mankanshoku all dressed as Nudists
- Satsuki escaping
- Harime talking to Ryuuko
- Ryuuko crashing the party with Junketsu
- Tsumugu getting on his DTR
- Satsuki appearing with Senketsu

Next week's fight will be Epic la Epic.
EratiKFeb 28, 2014 10:10 AM
Feb 27, 2014 4:25 PM

Nov 2012
Every episode of this anime is so damn entertaining!! I really thought Ryuuko killed Nui there for a second. I feel sorry for Nui though. The way she was born is pretty fucked up. Also that brainwashing done to Ryuuko was so creepy all those false memories omg.
Feb 27, 2014 4:32 PM

Jul 2013
dariken said:

Calling it now:

I totally agree. But oh my god poor Ryuko...the suffering never ends.

SATSUKI-SAMA FTW tho. This episode. Oh my God.
"Komugi, are you there?"

Feb 27, 2014 4:34 PM

Nov 2013
Senketsu is so cute o3o
the official MAL hall of fame/cursed comments is now open for business - you are welcome to PM me any potential quotes to include
Feb 27, 2014 4:49 PM

Aug 2010
What is the Gurren Lagann reference? I've watched GL but don't get it

If Ryouko does end up dying off as part of the Hive, that would be just like Nia...
Feb 27, 2014 4:52 PM

Feb 2014
I JUST KNEW dual wielding senketsu wearing Satsuki was going to happen. IM SO HAPPY :D
Around and around the cycle goes.
Feb 27, 2014 5:01 PM

Apr 2012
underwater subs are out if anyone was looking for it

Can't wait for the next episode

Feb 27, 2014 5:07 PM

Mar 2012
ffffffffffffff-

Edit: Kill la Kill passed the 100K members mark. Yayy.
JoshFeb 27, 2014 5:13 PM
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.
Feb 27, 2014 5:17 PM

Jul 2012
Well, it's happening. SENKETSU AND SATSUKI POWA.
My Anime Blog: http://www.Entravity.com/
Episodic overviews of the latest anime.

Feb 27, 2014 5:18 PM

Feb 2012
Holy shit they switched Kamui's, Ryuko looks so bad ass in Junketsu.

Respect Takarada for funding the construction of that big ass ship.
Feb 27, 2014 5:30 PM

Mar 2013
dariken said:

Calling it now:

I really like this theory.
Feb 27, 2014 5:33 PM

Jun 2012
ALL ABOARD THE HYPE TRAIN
WE'RE GOING EXPRESS
NO STOPPING ANYTIME
Also to those who are saying mako's going to die next episode, I sincerely wish you all to drink a gallon of bleach
;_;
Feb 27, 2014 5:39 PM
Luny Tunes

Feb 2012
Junketsu Ryuuko vs. Senketsu Satsuki

Good god, I never expected this to happen at all but this fight's going to be super intense! o.o Can't wait for next episode now! xD

And the S.S. Naked Sun looks awesome.
Feb 27, 2014 5:48 PM
Jul 2018
Dual wielding Bakuzan with Senketsu? Fuck the hell yes!
Pages (9) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kill la Kill Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

BRSxIgnition - Mar 27, 2014

956 by hopeforbetterai »»
Apr 30, 5:32 PM

Poll: » Kill la Kill Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 10, 2013

393 by hopeforbetterai »»
Apr 30, 5:29 PM

Poll: » Kill la Kill Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 24, 2013

368 by Nopillows25 »»
Apr 22, 7:39 AM

Poll: » Kill la Kill Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 17, 2013

447 by Nopillows25 »»
Apr 22, 7:17 AM

Poll: » Kill la Kill Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 3, 2013

878 by Nopillows25 »»
Apr 22, 7:16 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.