Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Dec 30, 2007 10:39 PM

Jan 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
HAGINO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! T_T

Oh man, what an emotional episode. It sucks that they had to be seperated like that. I was hoping for a better time skip then that short 30 years later one.

Overall: 7/10
Dec 30, 2007 10:49 PM

Oct 2007
T___T That was depressing like whoa. I really really hoped that wasn't the outcome...but...ahhh!! T__T Being the sap that I was I hoped for a happy ending...which I was 99.9% sure was not going to happen. |sighs| I'm gonna do some fanart of MarixHagino to make me happy. lol.
Dec 30, 2007 11:17 PM

Aug 2007
I knew that'd be the outcome... after reading a few of the manga chapters, you sorta realize that they were screwed in the end. =S

Though... was that Michi in the shuttle at the beginning/end of the series? Just need to make sure... and what happened to Mari and the others? (Knowing how depressing the franchise is, probably died somewhere, sometime. >_>)
Dec 30, 2007 11:35 PM

Feb 2007
*sigh* I saw that coming as well...I thought both of them were going to die, but being separated forever is worse. I also felt that all that time dedicated to the play was wasted in the end.

Overall, I'm really disappointed with Blue Drop. It kept me interested throughout, but nothing outstanding really happened. I still feel like checking the manga out. There seems to be more yuri elements. 6/10
Dec 31, 2007 1:43 AM

Dec 2007
i was quite unsatisfied with the end.
its a shame that hagino died in the end...and its true it was much too short after the time skip
Overall i would give 7/10 points
Dec 31, 2007 4:21 AM

Oct 2007
Abyss said:
i was quite unsatisfied with the end.
its a shame that hagino died in the end...and its true it was much too short after the time skip
Overall i would give 7/10 points

Agree with everything you said, word by word!!!
Dec 31, 2007 4:56 AM

Mar 2007
I thought the show started really interesting, but right after the first episode it just went down hill. This episode was pretty boring, and the ending was indeed predictable. I'm giving Blue Drop a 5/10.
Dec 31, 2007 7:16 AM

Sep 2007
I'm a sad panda. Hagino had to go and die. She should have put the ship on autopilot and bail the hell outta there.
Dec 31, 2007 10:30 AM

Jul 2007
That was a lackluster ending. There was basically nothing going on for half the episode, then Hagino blew herself up, then you get that 30 year time skip which makes no sense since they explain nothing. I didn't enjoy it at all. They tried going all emotional for some part, which they failed at doing, and really not much happened other than Hagino's ship exploding.
It could have ended so much better.

The series itself wasn't too bad, although far from stellar. It got better after the first episode, and went way down at the last one. I want to ate it 6.5/10(not bad, but not really good either), but since we can't on MAL i'll give it a 7.
Jan 2, 2008 9:08 PM

Jun 2007
Wow... that ending pretty much sucked! Well... the whole anime sucked. That time skip was like huh? They never explained anything... Was that supposed to be Michi at the end -__-?
pff... Im giving this anime a 5/10 >_> never ever got interesting.

Jan 4, 2008 6:35 PM

Dec 2007
I'm afraid I was a bit disappointed by the ending, too. I though the story was pretty good up to the end of the last episode. After the Hagino and Mari reconcile and all, I was especting a bigger pay off. I mean, I pretty much knew Hagino was going to die in the end, but it just seemed anticlimactic. I mean, what was Mari's reaction? What happened to her after watching her "more than friend" Hagino die to saver her?

It just felt like there was something missing from the ending.
Jan 20, 2008 6:41 PM

Dec 2007
Whyyyyyyy? Why did she had to die???? Haginoooooo :'(
And what happened to poor Mari-chan?

Yuri & Shoujo-ai FTW
Jan 27, 2008 11:16 AM

Dec 2007
Yeah, I'm so totally agree with you guys. The anime was so good, but the end destryed everything. Wished that I never saw the last episode, would have given it 9/19 then. I guess it ends up on a 7 >_<
Mar 6, 2008 9:51 AM

Mar 2008
Honestly, I didn't expect that Hagino was going to perish.
But not until I saw spoilers from Blue Drop forums which indicated about Haigno's sacrifice for the planet and the girl she loved.
I really didn't want that to happen! Definitely not at all!
I know a lot of us would disagree about her death but you can notice hints on the Opening and Ending song of how sad that anime would turn out to be. The lyrics describes the anime well.
When I have read the 13th episode spoiler, I started to fall a tear. I couldn't believe on the anime's outcome.
My precious idol!!! (T_T)
When I finally saw the episode, (while on-going), I really cried a lot! Especially when Hagino told Mari "Sayonara"...
Unlike most of you, I loved the anime so much even though I may feel it to be sometimes boring.
By the way, I just heard from a forum (I forgot the site), that a second season of Blue Drop is a plan away!
One of the Blue Drop DVD volumes contain a discussion between the director and another staff (I think) that they planned to have its 2nd season...
I have my bets that the story would occur on the year 2001 based from the orginal Blue Drop chronology.
But I also have fears that the 2nd season may have new set of characters intended to be involved in the current alien-human war situation.
Let's just hope that if there will be a new season, everything must continued to be clarified especially when they haven't really packed the package in the ending very well.
Too much questions are left unanswered.
Since there was a 30-years-later time skip, maybe it would be possible that the 2nd season may clear up about what happened to Mari. That's just a theory and I hoped that to happen since it ended with not much good explanations.
I have a feeling that Hagino survived. (That should be verified on a new season if possible)...
If the a new season is planned by this year, then I guess the anime would be shown by either 2009 or 2010.
Sheesh... That's too long... *pant*

If I were to rank it, it would be 8/10...

This anime has satisfied me even though others will oppose me through saying this...
It made me laugh, and cry so much... (I've never ever done those kind of deeds to any anime before. This is my first time)
BlueZMar 6, 2008 10:07 AM
Mar 17, 2008 6:40 PM

Jul 2007
Man what the fuck with that ending, I can take not being given an explanation about the weird stuff in the first ep (Hagino attacking Mari... stuff about Mari having special powers and such..) but having Hagino die right after they get together, shrug, fuck that, way too sad (and I liked that character a lot!)

I really hope there's a 2nd season where she's really alive; otherwise.. there's no point in an extra season, what I loved in this anime was the relationship with Hagino and Mari.

:(

/sad
Jul 8, 2008 6:13 PM

Jun 2008
It certainly seems like most people didn't like how Blue drop ended. I personally liked how it left the story open ended at the end. It left the rest up to your imagination which is pretty unusual. I will say however that it did leave me thirsting for more.

I certainly do think that things should be clarified better in the entire anime, such as why Hagino tried to kill her in the first episode as well as a few other things like what Hagino's death actually accomplished. Perhaps I just missed it but to me all Hagino sacrificed herself for was to destroy a tiny, tiny, tiny fraction of the fleet, even if the ship did have that women on it.

Overall I liked it. I didn't mind how it didn't really give you what you wanted. But then again that 's just me.
Aug 20, 2008 8:15 PM

Mar 2008
I actually love the ending.

It was very tragic, no doubt. But if they made a happy ending, then it would be too predictable and it'll be lame to have an alien living with an earthling like nothing is wrong. I admit there must be a better way to prevent Hagino sacrificing herself but hey, it is her last words (when she said good bye) that actually made me feel that she's more realistic.

o and who is the woman at the end/beginning?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 5, 2010 4:17 PM

Aug 2009
Open ended stories are cool when they leave new questions on the end, like on Ergo Proxy, but not when they leave many of the same questions from the beginning, and without explaining the first flashback at all.

Here happened the same than in most 13-episode animes: they run short of time, and the last episode must pay it. Loveless was the same, goddammit.
And this anime was boring, except for the episodes 10, 11 and 12. And it tried to end wth another destruction of the world. Sigh.

4/10
Feb 18, 2010 5:06 PM
Feb 2010
I actually loved Blue Drop. I just wish I could find out what happens to Mari, Michi, and all the other characters. There's also a lot of unanswered questions.

But I liked the slow pacing, it didn't bore me at all. The story and characters (art, voices, personalities) were great. OVERALL SCORE: 10/10

Also if there really is a second season planned, it should come out sometime this year, right? Here's hoping...
Apr 15, 2010 4:39 PM

Jun 2009
no no
why didnt hagino take mari with her?

if there could be a second season..maybe it will be better? there wasn't definitely shown how hagino dies and even i didn't understand what happend after two ships crushed
but situation 30 years later looks like humans and aliens are getting along together

so, there was little yuri((
May 1, 2010 1:45 PM

Sep 2009
Excellent series! It is one of my all time favorites, even days after watching it I am still thinking about it. It was another tear jerker, so touching.

kaminakun said:
o and who is the woman at the end/beginning?

Michiko Kouzuki. At least I assume since she is wearing glasses and they identify themselves as the "Kouzuki Official Peace Delegation."

PiNoypi said:
Also if there really is a second season planned, it should come out sometime this year, right? Here's hoping...

Normally I'd agree with you regarding a second season...but after the events of this season...*sniffle* how could they go on? The ending was perfect for this anime, although I would have loved for it to go on the ending was beautifully done. To continue on this particular story line might be anti-climatic but that is my opinion.

I've read some information about the manga and from what I understand it does pick up on events after the anime though I don't believe they pick up with Mari and Higana's storyline. Perhaps they'll pick up with the new storyline, I'd imagine it would be just as good (hopefully better).
May 10, 2010 7:06 PM
Feb 2010
LostGamer said:
Normally I'd agree with you regarding a second season...but after the events of this season...*sniffle* how could they go on? The ending was perfect for this anime, although I would have loved for it to go on the ending was beautifully done. To continue on this particular story line might be anti-climatic but that is my opinion.

I've read some information about the manga and from what I understand it does pick up on events after the anime though I don't believe they pick up with Mari and Higana's storyline. Perhaps they'll pick up with the new storyline, I'd imagine it would be just as good (hopefully better)

I agree with you about the ending, it was beautiful. Continuing the Mari and Hagino storyline just wouldn't be the same without the latter.

I just wish the anime could have given more details about what happens to the rest of the characters. I know in the manga, the Arume take over Earth and the world is turned upside down.

But I would have liked to see Mari and everyone else handles Hagino's sacrifice, and what they do soon thereafter.
PiNoypiMay 10, 2010 7:11 PM
Jul 31, 2010 11:39 PM

Jul 2009
Gosh so hard to give a precise note for this anime.

The ending was so-so, but overall I found its impact to be incomplete. The first half was very incoherent, with all the sci-fi and yuri trying to harmonize together, It took till episode 9 that the plot seriously picked my interest, which I believe its pretty late. And that open-ended finale, it just gives me more confusion to the outcome of the events: Simply what happenned in those 30 years?

But I should admit my manly emotions rose up to me and I should allow a tear to drop for Hagino's death...and another for Mari's seperation to her newborn yuri-love. For that I'll give this a 6.
Aug 1, 2010 5:29 PM

Jan 2010
Overall, it was nice, but disappointing... especially the ending...
Oct 1, 2010 3:15 AM

Mar 2010
Since I read the manga first I had an idea of how it was going to end, but it still feels sad that it wasnt a happy one... And i wish that they had made a longer explanation in the end about the war. But my overall impression is that i really liked this anime. =)
Oct 1, 2010 2:39 PM

Aug 2008
To think im not the only person looking to have their say so long after this came out. Personally loved it minus i wanted a happy ending.

As for the woman on the shuttle i believe like others, that it was Michi. Not just because of the annoucement of Kouzuki Official Peace Delegation, but im pretty sure she was holding the play. The glasses arguement fails since 30 years later puts them mid 40's so it wouldnt be too unusual for another character to need glasses by that point in time.

I think i would of been happier with Mari after the time skip. seeing she was alive and working for peace with Hagino's race, giving you an idea of what happened afterwards.
Although it might not of been a happier ending i wouldnt of minded Mari being on "blue" with Hagino and dying together.
It wasnt the kind of show to do this but i almost even hoped for Mari contact telepathy to somehow save the day but that didnt happen either :(

I loved it as i said, the slow pace of some episodes, the touching way you see Mari and Hagino become closer, and the eventual confession of those feelings. I love yuri and shoujo-ai and i have watched pretty all i can find on MAL that aint hentai. Since watching Maria-sama ga Miteru i've been in love with such gentle and heart warming stories. If this had a happier ending i might of given it a 10, but i think i'll give it an 8 as it is.
Jun 20, 2011 1:25 PM

Jul 2010
I like how this anime defies all logic xD which actually makes sense because there are only women in it lol
the end was hilarious: the world is invaded by aliens and all the girls say is "we cant finish our play *sob*" XD
but overall it was pretty shity, so ill give it a 5. rofl
Sep 27, 2011 3:24 PM

Jun 2009
the ending was good 10/10, but overall 7/10 for anime
Aug 19, 2012 10:33 PM

Nov 2011
Overall, was a "meh" series for me.

I guess maybe it's not my style but I thought this series could have more potential. 6/10.
Aug 21, 2012 3:54 PM
Aug 2012
My take on the ending is as follows:

Yes, it is quite sad. My heart ached for sure-but I knew Hagino was a self-sacrificing goner by the time Mari was chasing her ship down by the water. *sniffles*

I don't believe that this sad ending killed the series by any means-we don't always get happy endings in real life and Hagino's heavy past kind of precluded a light hearted giggling school girl ending anyways. If anything this in your face and matter of fact ending boosted the appeal and 'legit-ness' of the series. Just because it was pretty tragic doesn't mean that it wasn't incredibly sweet, beautiful, and awesome. If anything I thought the ending was done very masterfully.

It was really nice being able to see Michi as a grown woman heading towards the Arume headquarters-in a sense we do get a snapshot of the future-even if it's one in which Hagino and Mari aren't together (at least in a physical sense).

In all-this series was really done in my opinion. It didn't succumb to becoming a farcical ecchi shower-fest as sci-fi yuri can so easily do. Everything was handled tastefully, with appropriate restraint, and sweetness. Would I complain if they showed us some more yuri action? Probably not :P Actually no not at all I would have received it with open arms. Would I personally have sacrificed myself in my ship rather than bail at the last minute to spend the rest of my life with the love of my life? The answer is not yes butttttt regardless I was very impressed by the series.

P.s. the Onomil/Azanael backstory was pretty amazing and really added another dimension to the already great plot
Sep 19, 2012 4:27 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
Hmm. I struggled with this for the first few episodes, but kept at it because I saw something different. That seemed to be the case as it picked up significantly after the half way mark and I started to see considerable depth to both the characters and the concepts behind the events driving the characters. While several characters certainly were key, for me the central character was Hagino Senkouji. All the other characters were the entities that determined her Fate. Hagino was searching for answers and she found them with those she hid amongst, certainly with Mari but also the others. Those answers determined her final act, both spectacular to see and tragically heroic. An act which had long term consequences on the course of the war between earth and the invaders.

(shrug) certainly many of you didn't like what you saw. However, often we all watch the same thing and yet see something different.
Nov 24, 2012 12:57 PM

May 2012
3 words, what the heck >=(
but overall the anime was great
Mar 24, 2013 4:56 PM

Oct 2009
As far as why Hagino would sacrifice herself (which some have said was pointless in the grand scheme of things), I think it was more about protecting Mari. The captain of the ship she rammed made it clear a few times in that episode alone (not including past episodes) that she wanted Mari dead.

If I remember correctly, Mari was immune to the effects of their weapon and would represent a threat. Hagino couldn't stop the war, but at least could take down the one person who was going after her friend and love.

I do wish they had explained the choking thing in the first episode or elaborated on Mari's powers, though. That made me drop my overall score from a 10 to a 9. I also would have liked a follow up on what happened to the other characters since they bothered to look ahead. I found it kind of odd that the look into the future would focus on Michi and give no look at Mari at all, considering she was clearly one of the two main characters.

I still enjoyed the series very much, though. Except for the things they didn't address (which I assume was due to lack of time), what they did they did well.
Jun 1, 2013 8:24 AM
Apr 2013
Nooo! I don't understand why Hagino didn't escape in the pod with whats-her-name, and go back to Mari.
And that 30 years later thing where Mari was all old, we never got an explanation.

At the beginning, this anime bored me to death, but now I wish I could have known more. T^T
Sep 3, 2013 12:54 AM

Oct 2009
HappyAdventurer said:
Nooo! I don't understand why Hagino didn't escape in the pod with whats-her-name, and go back to Mari.
And that 30 years later thing where Mari was all old, we never got an explanation.

At the beginning, this anime bored me to death, but now I wish I could have known more. T^T

Was that Mari? I thought it was Michi.
Nov 17, 2013 1:25 PM

Jan 2009
This show actually greatly exceeded my expectations. I don't hate the ending, it felt tragic, but correct, to me. I think what made me like this anime, was the emotions the characters showed.

But I'm left with a couple questions that may or may not have been explained. First, why did Hagino strangle Mari towards the beginning? What was controlling Hagino to make her do that? Second, why was Mari so important to Shivariel and the fleet? Was she actually some kind of threat, in some way? Because, it sure didin't seem like it.
ZewerrDec 25, 2016 1:32 AM
Mar 30, 2014 6:04 AM
Mar 2014
I just discovered this series last week. I just finished watching it all. I'm amazed at how good it was. The director did an incredible job. I have searched every day for several days now wanting to find that there were more episodes. Finally this thread tells me there isn't. :(

Suspecting this was the last episode of a great series, I really didn't believe it would end without giving me a feeling of emptiness, but they did a great job with that. I'm happy that the ending gave me a sense of completion. However, I do always prefer happy endings. (If I want an infusion of unhappiness, I can just look at the RL daily news.) I comfort myself by believing Hagino could easily have been saved at the last moment without it being shown. This is science fantasy after all! :) A last instant teleport by her shipmate, a copy of her brain pattern made, etc. They could make more episodes if they really wanted to--and I wish they would!

Regarding a couple of other posts. Hagino was in some sort of state of shock when she at Mari made contact at the beginning, as shown by her eyes. It's safe to say it had something to do with the unexpected and powerful contact telepathy. I would have preferred they explained it though.

I agree with the poster who suggests Hagino was trying to save Mari. Consider how the only things Hagino was truly focused on for the last couple of episodes was Mari and the play. It can't be forgotten however that Hagino said she wanted to protect the Earth (while at gunpoint). We can easily imagine she decided it would be best to take the _insane_ master commander out of the picture.
Jun 27, 2014 7:09 AM

Jun 2009
erm...okay?

6/10 it was...well, okay.
Aug 24, 2014 5:04 AM
Aug 2014
The first half was pretty boring, and it only become interesting towards near the end.

I really hoped that they made a better epilogue than just the 30 years after crap, like what happened to Mari and the rest of the gang.

And the ending is indeed a downer T_T... I really wanted Hagino to survive and have a lovely yuri relationship with Mari, or maybe gave them just enough time to finish the play...but after watching episode 1 and the opening song I already got this feeling that this anime is going to be a sad one.

Btw, does the one piloting the shuttle of Michi is Tsubael and the other ship with them is Azanael? So there might be a chance that Tsubael saved Hagino before her ship exploded?

Overall I give it a 6.5/10
Sep 8, 2014 8:19 AM

Oct 2013
T___T
nanofate fan
konata x kagami fan
Oct 15, 2014 9:09 PM

Sep 2014
NOOOO HAGINOOOOOO :(

Such a sad ending, but touching the way they did it. I enjoyed this series. I wish Hagino and Mari had a little more than two seconds holding hands though, haha.

Oh and I still don't understand why Hagino choked Mari in episode 1...

Nero_Enfer said:

Btw, does the one piloting the shuttle of Michi is Tsubael and the other ship with them is Azanael? So there might be a chance that Tsubael saved Hagino before her ship exploded?

Hagino's a goner, but I think I heard Tsubael and Azanael arguing with each other. After all that's the nature of the relationship cuz Tsubael called Azanael a lamebrain when Azanael saved Blue XD
SaveTheAralSeaNov 11, 2014 6:24 PM
Dec 17, 2014 3:04 AM

Nov 2014
I'm tired of people saying happy endings are predictable and lame. At this point, so are sad, depressing, tragic endings! I hated this episode!
Nov 10, 2015 3:15 PM

Feb 2010
Ughh... I wish that this series wasn't about aliens. Most of that aliens' stuffs are ridiculous stupid. I mean:
- you have ships that can teleport (appear from nowhere), can send "ghost" (Tsubanel in their school) and they care about our army...
- you want males... just ask and they will come with you... or you can get in vitro in our planet and go back...
- someone is trying to kill you... run, forest, run!
- Azanel is alive

I give this anime 5/10 only because the trio (Mari, Alien girl, and Kozuki) character changed.
Apr 11, 2016 12:43 AM

Sep 2015
All I wanted was for them to have strangulation sex.
That's all I wanted.
Was it really so much to ask?
(But seriously... Goddamn. Stabbed through the heart. Their kiss wasn't even onscreen. That was bullshit.)
Flip_Flap17Jul 25, 2019 11:37 PM
Jun 24, 2016 1:41 PM

Jun 2016
I was going to give this series a 6/10 mostly because it kept me watching although its plot was very weak. It had a potential but it wasnt handled well.
This last episode was the worst. I was like "Did I spend all my time for this stupid final?" so, my score for this anime is 5/10.
And yeah... Michiko is the only one they show us after the time skip as if we didn't see her enough! What an unlovable character and what a disappointing ending.
Nov 24, 2016 5:18 PM
Nov 2016
i love the anime hated the last part of episode 13....... it was so fucking stupid she didn't have to kill her self...... they should have another season that picks up ep 13 and goes though the 30 years and that we find out that she didn't die that Hagino actually ejected her self or the ship did it... there should have be a good bye kiss even though they made up after the accident on the ship
Nov 24, 2016 5:21 PM
Nov 2016
ShinyKing said:
All I wanted was for them to have strangulation sex
That's all I wanted
Was it really so much to ask?
(But seriously... Goddamn. Stabbed through the heart. Their kiss wasn't even onscreen. That was bullshit)

Right i wish that had happen after Hagino said i love you
Dec 26, 2017 9:07 AM
Nov 2017
May I just point out that after Hagino's sactifice, wtf what Mari'sreaction! I mean if you had loved someone and they died, you wouldnt just stand there idly and state some words.
Oct 28, 2019 9:44 AM
Jan 2018
i give this episode
5/10
And anime 8/10
Kill_erZNov 19, 2019 9:38 AM
Oct 28, 2019 9:46 AM
Jan 2018
Can someone tell me information about this anime? Does it have season 2? I think no...,i need an reason! pls someone tell me the reason...

-sorry bad english
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Blue Drop ~Tenshi-tachi no Gikyoku~ Episode 12 Discussion

BlueYoshi - Dec 21, 2007

5 by CaptainKenshiro »»
Jul 11, 2023 6:29 AM

Poll: » Blue Drop ~Tenshi-tachi no Gikyoku~ Episode 9 Discussion

Faust721 - Dec 1, 2007

12 by CaptainKenshiro »»
Jul 10, 2023 5:22 PM

Poll: » Blue Drop ~Tenshi-tachi no Gikyoku~ Episode 8 Discussion

Friendlysoul - Nov 27, 2007

19 by CaptainKenshiro »»
Jul 10, 2023 4:00 PM

Poll: » Blue Drop ~Tenshi-tachi no Gikyoku~ Episode 7 Discussion

Sobzob - Nov 17, 2007

13 by CaptainKenshiro »»
Jul 10, 2023 3:18 PM

Poll: » Blue Drop ~Tenshi-tachi no Gikyoku~ Episode 6 Discussion

Sobzob - Nov 13, 2007

14 by CaptainKenshiro »»
Jul 10, 2023 10:20 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.