Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Mar 29, 2016 4:23 AM

Dec 2013
A suitable ending for the series, even if it only gave closure to Asuka. Though I can't give credit for this anime exploring beyond what it was capable of it was no doubt a really fun watch.

6/10
Mar 29, 2016 5:50 AM
May 2014
Can't wait for Virtual Reality version of FC lol.
Mar 29, 2016 6:17 AM

Aug 2010
Sux that Masaya didn't have that much of a role. But Asuka was a really fun character. Dem suits with the side Oppai and tight ass were awesome. Definitely the highlight of the show :P

Misaki was cool too other than her emo moments.

This last match was fun. The visual effects on Asuka's flying are really nice.

7.5 Fun series.
Mar 29, 2016 6:53 AM
Sep 2015
Pretty predictable overall, but it had some nice moments. 5/10.
Mar 29, 2016 7:30 AM
Oct 2012
nice ending
Irina voice was the best in this episode.
love her

what was the insert song title?
Mar 29, 2016 8:23 AM
Apr 2015
I loved this anime. 9/10
Mar 29, 2016 9:36 AM

Oct 2015
TheLittleRedHero said:
Pretty nice finale for AoKana. I will say that actually.
This series wasn't as impressive the more I got further, but it kept me entertained. I'll give it a 7/10 personally c:

Even though the story was pretty mainstream the art was very good. Although the MC can overcome anything put me off a little.

8/10 just for art.

Fake people have an image to maintain. Real people just don’t care.
Mar 29, 2016 10:09 AM

Sep 2015
Masaya, you will always be in our hearts
This episode is pretty good, even if Asuka won ... :(

decent anime, 6/10
Mar 29, 2016 11:55 AM

May 2015
Really, holy shit. The episode was absolutely fantastic. What a way to end this show. And you don't often see CR translating the songs, lmao. Seems like they used the VN's OP song as an insert song here. Loved it. Overall, it was an enjoyable show. Wished there would be more focus on the male character, but alas. Lovely ending song as well. Might rewatch this show again some time in the future after this amazing episode. 8/10 for now.
ReverberateMar 29, 2016 11:58 AM

Mar 29, 2016 12:41 PM

Apr 2015
Stark700 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.

So now that the show is finished, can you edit out the "romance" tag?
It maybe help flush out the salty people.
befriend (v.): To violently attack someone with very dangerous and extremely powerful blasts of magical pink light until your target sees the validity of your viewpoint.
Mar 29, 2016 12:53 PM

Aug 2014
I was sad about the so called romance and drama....Was only girls and sport. The one good thing is the Ending song that giva a good relaxed feeling.

And season 2 is about inui?? how do people like these characters..
Mar 29, 2016 1:07 PM

Apr 2014
And it comes down to Inui and Asuka to fight it out.
Well, there are two ways to end it like: 1. Let main character win or 2. Make them lose lol.
Anyway, it was fun while it last, but still want to see Masaya play at least once against Shindou.
Asuka x Misaki lol
7/10
Mar 29, 2016 1:16 PM

Feb 2015
This episode was incredible! The anime ended with the most interesting match ever.

Also, I just noticed that they removed the romance tag form it. But why was it in the first place?! Does the manga have any romance?
Mar 29, 2016 2:08 PM

Nov 2011
I dont even care there wasnt any romance. That fight was f*cking awesome! 8/10

Also
Hey its Tatsumi Moheji :P
Mar 29, 2016 3:20 PM

Jan 2015
MagnaMoon said:
This episode was incredible! The anime ended with the most interesting match ever.

Also, I just noticed that they removed the romance tag form it. But why was it in the first place?! Does the manga have any romance?

Yes, the VN has romance in it.
Mar 29, 2016 3:25 PM
Apr 2013
They pointed out that if you can fly the balancer off, you can fly a lot better than with it on.

So... why wasn't practicing to fly with the balancer off the first thing anyone had to learn when they decided to pick up FC? Seriously, it's like race car drivers not realizing that putting a 60mph limiter on their car makes their car slower. Just... wut?

I swear, they must have created the sport within the last like 4 years if the players are still figuring out such basic things like this.

I enjoyed the show overall, it was really fun and light-hearted, but so much of the actual sport is just ugh. Oh well.
Mar 29, 2016 6:55 PM
anime pervert

Apr 2013
Damn, this last episode could be one of my all-time favorites.

10/10 for the joy this Anime filled me with
Mar 29, 2016 8:04 PM

Apr 2011
Tigersight said:
They pointed out that if you can fly the balancer off, you can fly a lot better than with it on.

So... why wasn't practicing to fly with the balancer off the first thing anyone had to learn when they decided to pick up FC? Seriously, it's like race car drivers not realizing that putting a 60mph limiter on their car makes their car slower. Just... wut?

I swear, they must have created the sport within the last like 4 years if the players are still figuring out such basic things like this.

I enjoyed the show overall, it was really fun and light-hearted, but so much of the actual sport is just ugh. Oh well.

Maybe the professionals don't use the balancer ? I don't know. It would make sense for people to train without the balancer for competition because you can get better performance. Maybe it's just too dangerous for high schoolers but there doesn't seem to be any rules regarding the balancers.
Mar 29, 2016 9:11 PM
Jul 2009
Valaskjalf said:
Tigersight said:

Maybe the professionals don't use the balancer ? I don't know. It would make sense for people to train without the balancer for competition because you can get better performance. Maybe it's just too dangerous for high schoolers but there doesn't seem to be any rules regarding the balancers.

The professionals use the balancers. Saki and Asuka were the very first players to ever attempt flying without them. Normally, it shouldn't even be possible, since the gravshoes are really hard to control with the balancers turned off. Asuka makes it seem easy, but that's because she's a prodigy. Saki's very talented herself but she had to train for years to be able to do it.

1idd0kunMar 29, 2016 9:15 PM
Mar 29, 2016 9:30 PM

Nov 2011
This episode could have been salvaged when Asuka's shoes went out...but no...for some reason she's just so good. No explanation, not even practice could help her control those shoes.

Thank god this Filth is over. 1/10
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Mar 29, 2016 9:41 PM
Jan 2016
I like how the score keeps going up as people actually give this anime a chance and score after finishing the series :3.
Mar 29, 2016 11:46 PM

Feb 2013
Very fun show!!!

As much as I wanted some romance, I'm kinda glad there wasn't lol.

7/10
Mar 30, 2016 12:28 AM

Apr 2015
It wasn't the greatest show ever, but I am saddened by the fact that I probably won't see any of the characters ever again because they were all very likeable.
hi
Sets
Last FM
Anime List
Manga List
Clue no. 2: Somewhere in one of the pictures in my forum signature.
Mar 30, 2016 2:32 AM

May 2014
Okay but Masaya in his flying suit at the end! HE WAS LOOKIN' FIIIIINE!~
Mar 30, 2016 3:19 AM

May 2010
Well, that ended better than I thought, still not super-fond of Asuka being able to turn off the balancer after only one former attempt at it. I'm not fond of genius characters, anyway. I find the term 'genius' hard to believe.

Also, can you feel how bad Misaki could feel? Once again, she wasn't taken seriously. In a way, I'm proud of her now that she doesn't take it to heart, but still, you know. Wish the series was more about Misaki than Asuka, would be at least 7.5 worthy.

Good anime, over all. Misaki and Mashiro kept me interested, and Asuka was cute, too (albeit OP) Sad thing is, romance tag held no meaning. Masaya was thrown to the side, too much focus on Asuka etc. 7/10, I liked the art a lot, the atmosphere was nice, too. It could be 8 though, sigh. I'm gonna miss the songs a looot esp. the ending song <3 Okay, maybe it is 7.44/10
TragicRomanceMar 30, 2016 3:22 AM
Mar 30, 2016 4:31 AM

Apr 2011
Just for anybody wondering, there was so much complaining about the Romance tag (I can understand it, it was missleading) that I conatcted a mod and it was removed...now, people who pick that up will not be confused :-)
Mar 30, 2016 8:08 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
That was probably the second best episode after Haikyuu S2 episode 24 this season. Holy fuck, that was entertaining.

7/10, average series with a sick finale.
Mar 30, 2016 9:44 AM

Apr 2015
This battle fackin epic. Really loved it damn.

I will definitely play the VN!!

Will miss this anime 8/10.

Btw really sad that there was no romance tbh.
Mar 30, 2016 9:52 AM

Apr 2015
Yeah...somehow made it to the end

Not terrible, not any good either 3/10
Mar 30, 2016 1:18 PM

Feb 2015
Actually, this episode was very good in my opinion. i wasn't expecting that.
but overall i predicted eveything. 'Who will win' and 'Asuka will turn off the balancer' I expected that. but i didn't expect the fight would be really great. to be that is a great fight to see. really beautifull. probably the best from the series. In the sports side, i like it overall. they save the budget for this episode i guess XD

And now on the sportsmanship side.... i dislike it and i think it's stupid. not really dislike it that i even hate it so much. just dilike it and i bothers my enjoyment. I dislike it because i think it is stupid. i think it is stupid because What were they trying to do with the sports. she was talking about being a perfect FC and bla bla bla....and on the other side, this is wrong.....bla bla bla.... well i think that is wrong way to fight, but not completly wrong. there is always a way to counter it. something like that which i dislike. and more like when they just realize how to couter it "OH! we just need to fly up-side down. i didn't think about that" Like what??!!!! even a normal human can come up with that idea in that kind situation right away!! i seriously think that is stupid. well, something like that.

Since there is no romance so i'm not gonna talk about that. i'm dissapointed obviouslt but! not really bothers my enjoyment.

i really like the sports tbh. there are some relationship between girls too, i like that too. most part, i like it and enjoy it except the Sportmanship. i give it 7.7/10. but! i put it 8/10 on my list.

this anime could be more better if they put romance and put a little bit more effort in the action in my opinion.

i wouldn't mind a second season IF! there are some improvement or another studio will make it.
Mar 30, 2016 4:18 PM

May 2012
Nice episode i enjoyed it a lot.

I liked this anime, it has a light theme with very light drama here and there. I can see myself playing the game when/if they finish the translation.

7/10
I despise woke people.
Mar 30, 2016 7:32 PM

Aug 2014
Holy hell, what an episode. I was blown away by the quality, though I have already decided on the score. It honestly sucks that Inui lost, they could've just tied like two representations of perfect FC. If this didn't turn out to be just a Shounen with girls, then I would've upped my rating.

Not much to say about the anime itself. Very fun idea of sports, sub-par story, okay characters, good OST. All of this makes Ao no Kanata objectively slightly above average to me.

Final episode: 5/5 (surprisingly the second best last episode of this season.)
Series overall: 6/10

I'd actually watch a second season.

Lastly..:

I mean, come on, the two spend a lot more alone time together than any other characters.
~||Sky of the Night Light||~
Mar 30, 2016 11:18 PM

Oct 2011
Great ending and Masaya wearing the FC outfit too

Dat ending song <333
Mar 31, 2016 11:19 AM

Jan 2015
I really liked the extra time battle between Asuka and Inui!
Asuka too OP
Overall an average anime, could've been a lot better.
Mar 31, 2016 10:10 PM

Dec 2012
We all knew she would win in the end lol. A great entertaining episode though. Inui is pretty cute.

Time to play the VN.
Apr 1, 2016 1:05 AM

Jun 2011
This was the anime I always watched waking up in the morning; it kept me entertained for a while, and it woke me up. I'm going to miss my "wake up after a good sleep" show.

6/10
Apr 1, 2016 4:39 AM

Nov 2015
The match was amazing and Inui finally had fun while flying!

7/10

Apr 1, 2016 6:06 AM

Dec 2014
Don't care what people say about this Anime. O.O 10/10/10/10/10/10 for me. D:<
7/7 IGN 5/5 GABEN NOWELL 10/10 MAL. OSCAR WINNER

Apr 2, 2016 5:09 AM

Feb 2007
This has to be the first time I've ever seen a VN adaptation completely do away with the usually dominant romance part, but somehow it actually worked out rather well for this.
Apr 2, 2016 5:21 AM
Oct 2012
Honestly i watched this series just because i liked the drawing and did not expect much on the story... Heck i almost dropped it after first episode because none of the main cast characters are appealing to me, but i'm glad i gave this series a try. Enjoyed the games and character developments more than i thought

8/10

edit : gave 8 instead of 9 after the hype died inside me
tornberryzApr 3, 2016 9:41 AM
Apr 2, 2016 7:39 AM

Aug 2013
Aww, that was a pretty nice ending! I really enjoyed this anime and I'm hoping there's going to be a season 2 in the future. :D
Apr 2, 2016 4:55 PM

Dec 2009
This was a great series, lots of ups and downs and excitement. It was all pretty predictable, but delightfully so. With a final match like that it definitely finished on a high note. I enjoyed it all from start to finish as i love tournament anime like this, a solid 8/10.

1idd0kun said:
kyle8998 said:
That's some big-ass badass wings.
If a human were to fly with physical wings, they'd need to be about that big.

Tigersight said:

Occam's Razor: they probably did invent the "grav-shoes" and therefore the sport to develop them within a few years of this series taking place (like how car companies put money into races to show off and design vehicles); no more than a couple decades. There's probably design limitations that prevent rapid proliferation but yeah, not super relevant to the story itself. Talking about balancers, i explained this on an earlier episode:

GenesisAria said:
As far as balancers, i can't speak for the the story's universe, but coming at it from a scientific perspective i can say it's much like the assistance systems of modern aircraft. They're there to keep you from passing out or crashing, but you can "flip off the safety" and go in full manual. If you have enough skill you can control it better without the 'training wheels,' so to speak, assisting with fundamentals. So it's a logical limiter not a power hard limiter.
To be honest, if i were flying with anti-grav like that, i'd probably want gyros or em fields for efficient maneuvering and reorientation.

...If they invented anti-grav boots, why aren't the cars and stuff all flying too? An invention like that would transform society pretty quick. You'd have to rework all of the airspace laws.
Last comment supports above occam's razor. It would make sense to have gloves too like iron man and so on, but hey, it was enjoyable. There's no point in nitpicking unless it's just for some additional curiosity or for a lark.
GenesisAriaApr 2, 2016 5:10 PM
❀桜舞う空〜                   Cute is Power.           🔗CosmoGenesis Project
“You cannot know what you do not know.”
“Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.”
“A truth seeker has no patience for BS.”

I seek only to improve myself and others.
Apr 2, 2016 7:19 PM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
I know this last episode is going to be predictable and cliched, but damm....it's still breathtaking and beautiful in its own way, love the execution

Best match in the entire series, really fitting to be finale

7/10 really enjoyable

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Apr 3, 2016 4:52 PM

Aug 2013
I'm super impressed with the G-forces that these high school girls can pull without passing out. Or breaking their necks.
Apr 4, 2016 7:42 AM

Nov 2011
Really a pleasant episode to follow, involving the final battle and the management of the narrative. The drawings and animations were more than reasonable quality, a feast for the eyes. The only regret is that history is short-lived, I think you could pull more from this anime series.
Apr 5, 2016 7:09 AM
Aug 2013
I Give This Anime 100/100 score . . . :))
~ この 素晴らしい イマダ の 世界 に 神様 の 祝福 を !!! ~
~ Kono Subarashii Imad no Sekai ni Kamisama no Shukufuku wo !!! ~
~ God's Blessing on This Wonderful Imad's World !!! ~
Apr 6, 2016 3:47 PM

Jul 2009
I'm so disappointed in this ending :( The first half was kind of expected, didn't see them going to extra time, but the second half was SO cliched ... how the heck did they let Asuka turn off her balancer?! Not to mention Saki and Irina basically admitting "oops we were wrong" and Saki being "oh so this is what fun is" ... yeah, that was just terribly disappointing to me >_< As much as I liked everything else in this show (well, the characters were just OK I guess, but the animation and music were nice!) I always hate it when plots do that ... and yeah, I guess I don't like how the underdog rookies can always take out champs like it's nothing either. It's a shame because I was gonna give this a 7, especially considering how it could've been a harem setup but they actually didn't get into romance at all which was really refreshing, but yeah this episode is gonna make me drop the rating to a 6/10 >_<
Apr 7, 2016 3:03 PM
Jul 2009
EvianBubble said:
I'm so disappointed in this ending :( The first half was kind of expected, didn't see them going to extra time, but the second half was SO cliched ... how the heck did they let Asuka turn off her balancer?! Not to mention Saki and Irina basically admitting "oops we were wrong" and Saki being "oh so this is what fun is" ... yeah, that was just terribly disappointing to me >_< As much as I liked everything else in this show (well, the characters were just OK I guess, but the animation and music were nice!) I always hate it when plots do that ... and yeah, I guess I don't like how the underdog rookies can always take out champs like it's nothing either. It's a shame because I was gonna give this a 7, especially considering how it could've been a harem setup but they actually didn't get into romance at all which was really refreshing, but yeah this episode is gonna make me drop the rating to a 6/10 >_<

Asuka was introduced as a prodigy since the very first episode. The fact that she can fly with balancer turned off shouldn't be surprising at this point. We knew she had that much talent.
Apr 7, 2016 5:14 PM

Oct 2008
That was purely EPIC last episode on their Final Showdown with limiters unleashed!
Asuka modified the Delta Force and made their own Pentagram Force! cool!
Asuka's three on one drills paid-off! and her evasion skyrocketed-up!
3rd point is from the skill Hyper Low Yoyo!
Greensleeves tactics is ruthless!
Asuka's win is very great sight to be seen!
For me it was a Very Good show!
5/5!
8/10.

Apr 8, 2016 1:20 AM
Feb 2012
This episode was really weird for me.

I love sports anime, I watch a ton of them. But I literally started crying in middle of the match. It just pushed so much happy and positive emotion into me. Sure I cry to sports anime but its always really depressing and almost never part of a match itself.

I feel this episode is really magical. I think it done something that almost no other anime has. I love it from the bottom of my heart. And I feel it will forever be one of my favorite animes. Sure it was little slow to start out but this final episode made up for it so much.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

» First this or VN?

Grontan - Feb 28, 2023

8 by GlennMagusHarvey »»
May 5, 2:14 AM

Poll: » Ao no Kanata no Four Rhythm Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 11, 2016

210 by Karva1 »»
May 1, 8:01 PM

» English Visual Novel

OppaiSugoi - Oct 8, 2018

22 by OppaiSugoi »»
Jul 17, 2023 7:53 PM

» Anime season 2?

Felipe-10000 - Apr 1, 2023

4 by 5Reinheit »»
Apr 5, 2023 10:46 AM

Poll: » Ao no Kanata no Four Rhythm Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 25, 2016

83 by iajsjjz91 »»
Aug 21, 2022 11:02 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.