Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Jul 9, 2015 2:19 AM

Dec 2014
Well, the three main girls are generic as hell and pretty damn annoying thus far. The ridiculous and trite idea to label the MC as a pervert was also pretty damn annoying. But, the rest I liked. The MC seemed cool thus far as he was shown to be intelligent and competent, and never once had a moment where he freaked out. Curious as to why he's called the traitor, glad to see he still has a few friends though.
Jul 9, 2015 4:11 AM

Jan 2013
The very definition of terribad.
Of course it's based on a light novel. Any 30 IQ caveman could write one of these.
Jul 9, 2015 4:42 AM

Dec 2014
Bad starting episode. The story went to fast all MC get introduced in 1 episode. But the story look interesting, i hope this doesn't be an Harem anime
Jul 9, 2015 4:52 AM

Feb 2015
As soon as I saw characters floating around in the air fighting poorly animated CG bugs with swords and a forced high school setting I realised I shouldn't waste my time with this nonsense. Worse opening than Classroom Crisis.
Jul 9, 2015 5:13 AM

Oct 2014
Looks like another typical harem anime that like Infinite Stratos.. :I

read from right to left
Jul 9, 2015 6:59 AM

Apr 2010
I thought i watch this to cure my boredom but instead my boredom got worse while watching this.
The start wasn't entertaining and very melodramatic and after that we get a long introduction of a narcissist if that wasn't enough we get a lot of generic event's.
Not to mention that the strong main that's shunned for some reason has been done many times before.
I think i just come across the generic harem of the season here.
Jul 9, 2015 7:15 AM

Jun 2013
well they didn't waste time for the action and what a weird way to introduce the harem
Jul 9, 2015 7:19 AM

May 2014
Total harem, and on his first day too
CG bugs
Lucky pervert
"I lost all of what you could call feelings of love. They weren't sealed, so they can't be released. They weren't broken, so they can't be fixed. That which is lost, cannot be recovered." Shiba Tatsuya
"There are no regrets. If one can be proud of one's life, one should not wish for another chance." Saber
"No matter what happens, no matter how crazy things get, I'll always try to restore balance." Korra
"It's madness to let others take what's yours and accept it blindly." Baatar Jr
"Instinct is a lie, told by a fearful body, hoping to be wrong." Zaheer
"Partner in crime, partner in time" Chloe Price and Max Caulfield
Jul 9, 2015 7:22 AM

Apr 2008
I have low expectations on this but it was way worse than I had imagined.

I really feel that the presentation is way too forced (not counting those cliche events). The introduction of the girls was sloppy and lazy. They jampacked everything into one scene where the students of the loser's class is introduced one by one by the chairperson (was she?).

The red-haired girl should be bitch-slapped. It's not even the MC's fault. It seems she just tried to force her way in so that the MC could be called a pervert. If it was a panchira scene, then it would be more reasonable.

Also, I'm not a fan of a story where antagonists are insects/monsters/whatever who don't have a slight hint of emotion or self-consciousness. This just means the author doesn't have to write a character for the antagonist.

I must say it's too generic and sloppy that I can't even call it generic anymore.

Jul 9, 2015 7:29 AM

Jun 2015
went in blind and was hoping for something decent, esp after reading the summary, and checking out the VA lineup. Pretty bad for me, will give it another episode to see if any redemption can be done, but signs are I'm dropping it.

Jul 9, 2015 8:11 AM

Aug 2013
oh gawd. Those stupid pervert-misunderstandings-introductions again.

At least the male MC doesn't panic and do even more stupid things.
Cute is justice.
Jul 9, 2015 9:17 AM
Jul 2018
>People think this is harem

Sorry to disappoint anyone, but it isn't.

removed-userJul 9, 2015 9:25 AM
Jul 9, 2015 9:45 AM
Feb 2011
It was okay until those retarded misunderstandings came in.... Well I don't expect much from this anyway.

I kinda liked the personalities of Rico and Lecty, though Misora seems like the usual garbage tier girl.

I wonder what was exactly the reason for him to be called a traitor, because from what I've seen so far it seems like it will be due to some kind of misunderstandings or another stupid reason. Really hoping that's not the case.
Jul 9, 2015 10:07 AM

Feb 2015
Man this episode was okay. Kinda liked the fight in the first part. I do wonder why everyone hate's him..
Will keep watching..

I hope this isn't going to be a harem, I mean he pretty much said Yuri is the one right, hell she joined just for him so I bet he'll be aiming to win her back. Stick two one girl the others seem shittty already lol
Jul 9, 2015 10:20 AM

Aug 2014
Urgh, Matsuoka have to voice the main character, isn't he?

The bumping-into-a-girl-with-a-bread-in-her-mouth trope is still used in 2015 anime? I facepalmed hard.

At least the MC is based. He shows ZERO interest to the 3 girls up until now. Will continue watching if he keep this up.
Anyway, 3 episodes rule--activate!
Jul 9, 2015 11:26 AM

Apr 2010
That was bad. The art was average, animation was bad(especially the CG) and it was just so ridiculously generic. I expected it to be lame but I was still disappointed with how bad it was. I couldn't even finish the first episode.
Jul 9, 2015 11:42 AM

Nov 2012
Crashmatt said:
As soon as I saw characters floating around in the air fighting poorly animated CG bugs with swords and a forced high school setting I realised I shouldn't waste my time with this nonsense. Worse opening than Classroom Crisis.

Agree with all your opinion. The monster in JMnF (Diomedea's previous work) a lot better imho.
The unique thing is the art, for one, the color choosing like the red hair girl which is not red that I usually see, their uniform color, the background, overall the art is nice. My complain is the animation just not impressed me (a real poorly animated imo), maybe they cut the budget for KanColle second season? Lol
As for the last sentence, I think Classroom Crisis isn't that bad, its just.. you know, a Classroom in crisis, crisis because its class full of weirdos. I think we can release our stress by watching it.

antonnn said:
I couldn't even finish the first episode.

Same goes for me, around 15minutes or so, so I didn't even bother to enter this to my drop list.
RuzamakuJul 9, 2015 11:50 AM
Jul 9, 2015 12:14 PM

Mar 2009
Worst anime of the season so far. Congrats to everyone involved.
Jul 9, 2015 12:26 PM

Apr 2009
People keep comparing it to World Break, but at least WB did not assault us with terrible CG right from the opening scene.
Jul 9, 2015 12:44 PM
May 2015
I liked it, even if it's the same concept used a millions times, I'll watch it a million times. I don't drop Y anime cause it's the same concept as X. CG wasn't terrible (unlike Chaos Dragon).

Only reason I'd drop is if the chicks all suck (which that can't be determined only 1 episode in....).....I dropped World Break just because of Satsuki (sp?), pink haired chick) after all
Jul 9, 2015 12:52 PM

Jul 2014
The animation was CLEAN. much better than i expected. But this clearly gonna be another fafnir/abdsoluteduo/worldbreak. if its better than those, expectations will be broken. Im really interested to know why he is called traitor though, especially when he was the hero in the 1st scene
Shirayuki= Most Perfect Female MC ever
Jul 9, 2015 1:12 PM

Aug 2010
I liked more than I thought. Lecty best girl <3

Kanata is one likable MC :3 Surprised not many people are ranting about his VA :P
Jul 9, 2015 3:28 PM

Jun 2015
I know why hes called a traitor, Message me if you want a decent explanation.
Jul 9, 2015 5:11 PM
Sep 2014
Stark700 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
That was meh. Started pretty quick and it went with a lot of usual generic tropes and battles in the sky.

We also get some mechanics of their world. I expect the series to explain more about their school, magic, etc later; probably the more complicated parts. Misora is pretty annoying already for her debut.

I think some of the characters might be misunderstanding the MC though.
wow Mr.Stark700 says its meh = IT FUCKING SUCKS
Jul 9, 2015 7:49 PM

Oct 2011
Nothing special with this episode. So generic anime. And If this become a harem, I'll drop it.
Jul 9, 2015 8:19 PM

Aug 2013
our generic highschool-magic animu this season
Jul 9, 2015 8:32 PM

Feb 2011
Rico's the best
Jul 9, 2015 9:35 PM

Jul 2014
Still wondering why he's called a traitor but I we'll find out sooner or later.
MC = Badass and humorous with that emotionless face lol
The 3 girls = Bitches
Not a very interesting first ep but I hope for more in the next episodes.
-- Get Rekt m8 --
-- http://kohaku-chii.deviantart.com/ --
Jul 9, 2015 11:48 PM

Jun 2013
fucking terrible wtf and to top it off the main character is voiced by the king of faggots himself

Gonna do myself a favor and drop it before its too late
Jul 10, 2015 12:03 AM
Feb 2009
So generic it kinda hurts.
Highlight for me was MC wasn't a whiney crybaby and treated the girls like retards, which is what they are. I hate his harem characters, they are generic tropes, and really annoying.
Jul 10, 2015 5:30 AM
Jul 2014
It's like the people who created this source material thought "I really want to cash in on the 'Alien threat attacks humanity forcing them to relocate to X' hype, but all the good alien threats are already taken. Fuck it, magical flying beetles that explode on death will do." And then they threw every generic trope ontop and called it a day.

Seriously, I was expecting something else based on the genre tags. If 'comedy'(as bad as it was) or 'Ecchi' were in the tags maybe I would feel differently.
Jul 10, 2015 6:08 AM

May 2014
Basically this this Chrome Shelled Regios v2 Shitty Edition.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 10, 2015 6:16 AM

Apr 2013
Pretty average show, and there is nothing really original about it. But it held my interest well enough and i've certain stuck with watching a lot worse. It's interesting why everyone is calling Kanata a traitor. Until it's explained, i'm assuming it's because he decided to leave the special squad he was in with those other three, and maybe retire from fighting altogether. As for why he left, well, have to wait and see i guess. Maybe something happened to him during that battle. Lost his powers or whatever.
Jul 10, 2015 6:21 AM

Feb 2012
Generic, but watchable and still enjoyable. There are worse anime series than this. The MC is actually decent. At least he's not those wimpy good-to-shoes male MC I hate so much.

I'll still watch next episode coz I 'm curious on to why he's called a traitor.
You can just be yourself. Do things your own way, one step at a time. You'll get there. Just be yourself, you'll be fine."
~Fruit Basket
Jul 10, 2015 8:35 AM

Jun 2012
This Studio really likes to butcher Harem novels, just hope this won't go like Fafnir. The episode was cool minus the bugs CGI.
Jul 10, 2015 9:38 AM

May 2014
Slow start, I'm not really into this.
It got funnier after a while though.
7/10.

NOTE: Oh right, y'al that're gonna watch this anime, be sure to continue watching after the ED. The MC explains things in that short time.
Jul 10, 2015 10:49 AM

Jul 2014
Nanaca said:
People keep comparing it to World Break, but at least WB did not assault us with terrible CG right from the opening scene.

I could compare it to 20 other anime. They keep remaking the exact same damn show over and over.
Jul 10, 2015 12:10 PM

Jan 2014
It's OK. I don't feel terribly engaged in anything going on. The CGI is kinda cringe-worthy, the flying was like I was watching Ninja Slayer with moving parts, and we have the same tired "MC is mistaken as a pervert" cliche.

It's just kinda generic. This must be a good year for Matsuoka-san though, he's getting a lot of MC roles. I'm happy for him at the very least.
Jul 10, 2015 12:20 PM

Feb 2014
Big + for mc nothing else interesting
Jul 10, 2015 4:32 PM

Dec 2013
get rid of all the characters and make Rico the MC pls
Jul 10, 2015 5:15 PM

Aug 2012
I feel like this is shoujo
Jul 10, 2015 5:49 PM

Apr 2010
Yeah, sorry, no. That was boring, lame and cliche-ridden. Opening sequence didn't interest me at all and everything after that was drawn out. I think the concept is good, but it fell short of its potential.

Jul 10, 2015 6:04 PM

Jul 2010
It's pretty bad but I'm gonna watch it because I sorta get Chrome Shelled Regios vibes from this. Oh well at least the VAs and the char. design is fairly good.
Jul 10, 2015 9:38 PM

Dec 2013
For an LN adaptation of a lesser known title that is operating on a comparable budget as the rest of them.... I have to say it was still better than Fafnir and World Break in terms of animation quality (bar the CGI, but that was one scene).

The story, however doesn't intrigue me as much as the other two mentioned titles, so I'm conflicted as to whether or not to continue. Basically MC is an OP entity who made one mistake and is branded a traitor and now has to work his way back up by leading/teaching a squad of misfits. The theme has been recycled and regurgitated too many times to count, tweaking the setting to be a Wizard Academy floating in the sky doesn't really help.

The only mystery here is the traitor thingy. Once they reveal what it was, then the entire show is over.
HESTIAAPPROVES
Jul 11, 2015 9:33 AM

May 2013
Confucius said:
Meet the powerpuff girls.

That's what I fucking thought!

Seems like Kanata, the Vanishing Pervert, will turn these three bitches into the most powerful badass team out there.
The only outstanding thing here is how Kanata is pretty chill. I also want to know why he's a traitor.
I’m always searching for something, for someone. This feeling has possessed me I think, from that day… That day when the stars came falling.
Jul 11, 2015 11:23 AM

Apr 2008
Talk about underwhelming, sheesh. Can't remember an opening episode this boring personally in a long while. The setting and ideas are so overdone, and while I may have liked World Break by comparisons, this one just flat out failed to captivate my attention.
Jul 11, 2015 12:10 PM

Oct 2014
I bids worst anime of Summer 2015..
Jul 11, 2015 12:11 PM

Oct 2014
Fireego said:
Confucius said:
Meet the powerpuff girls.

That's what I fucking thought!

Seems like Kanata, the Vanishing Pervert, will turn these three bitches into the most powerful badass team out there.
The only outstanding thing here is how Kanata is pretty chill. I also want to know why he's a traitor.

That's a pretty adorable signiture..a little TOO adorable ;)
Jul 11, 2015 5:13 PM

Feb 2008
MC seem all right but the girls he will teach seem so stupid expect for shy girl.
To be honest this is actually my first time I actually thought it was boring.
They treated MC as a traitor, it must be something to do with demonic power, girls like Chloe and Yuri seem so much better.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Jul 11, 2015 5:16 PM

Feb 2008
This anime can't really comparing to Seiken Tsukai no World Break .

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kuusen Madoushi Kouhosei no Kyoukan Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 23, 2015

134 by EsieEyen »»
Jan 10, 2023 12:30 AM

Poll: » Kuusen Madoushi Kouhosei no Kyoukan Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 16, 2015

66 by sharosharo »»
Mar 22, 2022 2:21 AM

Poll: » Kuusen Madoushi Kouhosei no Kyoukan Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 9, 2015

60 by sharosharo »»
Mar 22, 2022 1:56 AM

Poll: » Kuusen Madoushi Kouhosei no Kyoukan Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 2, 2015

57 by sharosharo »»
Mar 21, 2022 9:05 AM

Poll: » Kuusen Madoushi Kouhosei no Kyoukan Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 26, 2015

68 by sharosharo »»
Mar 21, 2022 8:31 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.