Forum Settings
Forums

2020 Anime Watching Challenge - Discussion (OPEN until NOV 30)

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (31) « First ... « 12 13 [14] 15 16 » ... Last »
Mar 26, 2020 4:42 AM

May 2013
Dashiva761 said:
A question regarding format. In the main sign-up section at the top, it says to use format for dates as MONTH DAY, YEAR. In the challenge section, format is MMM dd. Do we change formats, or use just one?

In the challenge section use MMM dd (example: Jan 01; KEEP THIS FORMAT)
Mar 26, 2020 7:47 AM

May 2017
IrrelevantGuy said:
How should I write the 'required' part on the sign up form?

Suppose,I am a Bronze Medalist and I need to complete 20 animes to pass the level.I have already completed 13 animes and I only need 7 more.

So should I write '13/20 required' or '7/20 required'?

You would write 13/20 required.

character limit
Mar 26, 2020 9:32 AM

Jan 2009
Hello. I have a question!
For (S.04) Watch an anime by a studio you haven't seen anything from
I'm planning to watch DRAMAtical Murder made by NAZ Studios.

Then later, for (S.25) Watch an anime with the word "Animation" in the title
If I were to watch Hamatora The Animation, which is also by NAZ Studios, would that nullify the previous mentioned challenge?
Mar 26, 2020 9:34 AM

May 2017
-Eva- said:
Hello. I have a question!
For (S.04) Watch an anime by a studio you haven't seen anything from
I'm planning to watch DRAMAtical Murder made by NAZ Studios.

Then later, for (S.25) Watch an anime with the word "Animation" in the title
If I were to watch Hamatora The Animation, which is also by NAZ Studios, would that nullify the previous mentioned challenge?

Hello ^^ As long as you finish Dramatical Murder before you start Hamatora, it's fine.
Mar 26, 2020 11:43 AM

Jan 2009
Aeradae said:
Hello ^^ As long as you finish Dramatical Murder before you start Hamatora, it's fine.

Oh that's great! Thank you very much ^_^
Mar 26, 2020 3:58 PM

Apr 2011
Plate said:
Someone's probably asked this, but for B.22 "Watch an anime with no Japanese words or phrases in the title," why exactly doesn't Goblin Slayer count? Because the title is in katakana?
Because the main character is listed as being named ‘Goblin Slayer’, and we do not allow for names with this item.

» "You've fought a valiant duel, my friend..." «

⍏⍏⍏⍏⍏

inspector @ MAL's anime watching challenge
Mar 27, 2020 3:49 PM

Jan 2009
Hey,

I wanted to check if Runway de Waratte is valid for "B.27 Watch an anime with a main character that is a professional in their field".

Thanks
Mar 27, 2020 8:06 PM
Dec 2015
Does an exclamation mark (!) count as a non-alphabet character for S.28? Thanks!
Mar 27, 2020 9:59 PM

Jul 2016
Can someone recommend me a 11-13 episode show from my PTW for S.21
And also does an “!” Count for S.28 Watch an anime with a non-alphabet character in the main title
Mar 27, 2020 10:14 PM

Aug 2012
OGBsweets said:
Can someone recommend me a 11-13 episode show from my PTW for S.21
And also does an “!” Count for S.28 Watch an anime with a non-alphabet character in the main title

I recommend these:

- Angel Beats
- Erased
Mar 28, 2020 1:39 AM

Jul 2014
chii said:
Hey,

I wanted to check if Runway de Waratte is valid for "B.27 Watch an anime with a main character that is a professional in their field".

Thanks
Basing on the synopsis, the main characters are amateurs trying to get professional. If you can get a proof they are getting paid for what they do, it will be valid for that item.

SpiritBird said:
Does an exclamation mark (!) count as a non-alphabet character for S.28? Thanks!
SpiritBird said:
Yes, an exclamation mark (!) does count as a non-alphabet character.
Mar 28, 2020 4:10 AM

Apr 2010
mozgow said:
Basing on the synopsis, the main characters are amateurs trying to get professional. If you can get a proof they are getting paid for what they do, it will be valid for that item.

@chii I believe they do qualify just barely, although the explanations are a bit spoilery.
Mar 29, 2020 2:50 AM
Prideful Demon

Oct 2016
Hi I was wondering if I could please get some recommendations for
(S.21) Watch an anime recommended to you in the challenge discussion thread

Thanks.
Mar 29, 2020 3:51 AM
Mar 29, 2020 4:32 AM

Mar 2019
Hey, can someone give me a recommendation? (S.21)

THANKS!
Mar 29, 2020 10:20 AM

Apr 2014
dlxuniuniu said:
Hey, can someone give me a recommendation? (S.21)

THANKS!

From PTW:
https://myanimelist.net/anime/18897/Nisekoi
https://myanimelist.net/anime/25835/Shirobako

Not PTW:
https://myanimelist.net/anime/16918/Gin_no_Saji
https://myanimelist.net/anime/9289/Hanasaku_Iroha
https://myanimelist.net/anime/35968/Wotaku_ni_Koi_wa_Muzukashii

Good Lord, BeanChagBear just walked through the clubhouse walking perfectly normally.
He said he had “no time” to talk.
Too busy watching anime, evidently.
Mar 30, 2020 2:48 PM
Nov 2017
Hey all,

Just wondering if I can get some recommendations for my (S.21) challenge. I'll watch just about any genre, though I'm not a huge fan of Ecchi or Harem.

Thank you! :)
Mar 30, 2020 3:05 PM
Space Brother

Mar 2015
blurubberlizard said:
Hey all,

Just wondering if I can get some recommendations for my (S.21) challenge. I'll watch just about any genre, though I'm not a huge fan of Ecchi or Harem.

Aria the Origination
Carole & Tuesday
Chio's School Road
Girls & Panzer
Land of the Lustrous
Humanity Has Declined
Katanagatari
Squid Girl
Girls' Last Tour
As Miss Beelzebub Likes
Laid-Back Camp
Saki

"An earnest failure has meaning."

"Nothing is definite in this world. But it's okay.
Some things within me are definite."
Mar 30, 2020 3:41 PM
Nov 2017
dierubikdie said:
blurubberlizard said:
Hey all,

Aria the Origination
Carole & Tuesday
Chio's School Road
Girls & Panzer
Land of the Lustrous
Humanity Has Declined
Katanagatari
Squid Girl
Girls' Last Tour
As Miss Beelzebub Likes
Laid-Back Camp
Saki

Thank you so much! These are some great suggestions.
Mar 31, 2020 1:47 AM

Mar 2018
heey, i need help ):
i have doubts about s14 (Watch an anime that's tagged as Sports and features an Olympic Sport)
i wanted to watch Ping Pong the Animation, but is ping pong considered an olympic sport? (i think this is table tennis, maybe)
thank you in advance
and sorry for my bad english
Mar 31, 2020 3:11 AM

May 2013
maritsch said:
heey, i need help ):
i have doubts about s14 (Watch an anime that's tagged as Sports and features an Olympic Sport)
i wanted to watch Ping Pong the Animation, but is ping pong considered an olympic sport? (i think this is table tennis, maybe)
thank you in advance

Yes it is an Olympic Sport (ping pong is table tennis). Good choice for Ping Pong the Animation.
Mar 31, 2020 5:42 AM

Mar 2018
Rieze said:
maritsch said:
heey, i need help ):
thank you in advance

Yes it is an Olympic Sport (ping pong is table tennis). Good choice for Ping Pong the Animation.

thanks a lot :Π·
i just don't understand sports at all
Mar 31, 2020 9:15 AM

Sep 2009
Could someone give me a few recommendations for (S.21) Watch an anime recommended to you in the challenge discussion thread?
Needs to have a 20+ min episode duration (marathon restriction), but other than that anything is fine. ^^ Also don't look at my PTW, it's a graveyard...
KayleeMar 31, 2020 9:20 AM
Mar 31, 2020 9:29 AM
Dragon Idol

May 2017
Kaylee_ said:
Could someone give me a few recommendations for (S.21) Watch an anime recommended to you in the challenge discussion thread?
Needs to have a 20+ min episode duration (marathon restriction), but other than that anything is fine. ^^ Also don't look at my PTW, it's a graveyard...

Hopefully among these one is to your liking ^^'
Mar 31, 2020 9:31 AM
King of Justice

Mar 2017
Kaylee_ said:

Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
Gyakkyou Burai Kaiji: Ultimate Survivor
Bubblegum Crisis
Tetsuwan Birdy Decode
Little Witch Academia (TV)
Flip Flappers
Megalo Box
Id: Invaded
One Outs
Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu
3-gatsu no Lion 2nd Season
SSSS.Gridman
Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu
Hinamatsuri
Mar 31, 2020 9:31 AM

Apr 2015
Kaylee_ said:

Cute girls = life:
Centaur no Nayami
Comic Girls
Endro~!
Gabriel DropOut
Gi(a)rlish Number
Zombieland Saga

Edgy trash that's good for a laugh:
Mahou Shoujo Site
Mayoiga
Dorei-ku The Animation

General recs:
Princess Tutu
Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu
Tsuritama

Mar 31, 2020 9:34 AM
Dreamcatcher

Aug 2013
Kaylee_ said:

https://myanimelist.net/anime/17729/Grisaia_no_Kajitsu
https://myanimelist.net/anime/39417/Granbelm
https://myanimelist.net/anime/36317/Gaikotsu_Shotenin_Honda-san
https://myanimelist.net/anime/39026/Dumbbell_Nan_Kilo_Moteru
https://myanimelist.net/anime/21405/Bokura_wa_Minna_Kawai-sou

And as usual https://myanimelist.net/anime/32615/Youjo_Senki
Mar 31, 2020 12:26 PM

Apr 2014
I'll finally be moving on to silver after the last episode of Haikyuu 4 airs this weekend so I need a 20+ minute Shounen TV for (S.21) Watch an anime recommended to you in the challenge discussion thread if anyone has a solid recommendation. Preferably 2 cour or less but I know there are slim pickings due to my restrictions.

Good Lord, BeanChagBear just walked through the clubhouse walking perfectly normally.
He said he had “no time” to talk.
Too busy watching anime, evidently.
Mar 31, 2020 1:10 PM
Dragon Idol

May 2017
Mar 31, 2020 1:43 PM
King of Justice

Mar 2017
BeanChagBear said:
I'll finally be moving on to silver after the last episode of Haikyuu 4 airs this weekend so I need a 20+ minute Shounen TV for (S.21) Watch an anime recommended to you in the challenge discussion thread if anyone has a solid recommendation. Preferably 2 cour or less but I know there are slim pickings due to my restrictions.

Did somebody say Shounen?

Beck
Dr. Stone
Kekkai Sensen & Beyond
Masamune-kun no Revenge
JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken Part 3: Stardust Crusaders 2nd Season
Saiki Kusuo no Ψ-nan 2
Shokugeki no Souma: San no Sara
Yamada-kun to 7-nin no Majo (TV)
Zetsuen no Tempest
Mar 31, 2020 2:17 PM

Mar 2014
Hi hi!

For B.19 Watch a listed Gourmet or Isekai themed anime, Honzuki no Gekokujou is listed in the anidb isekai tag. Could I watch the Honzuki OVA even though it's not listed? I'm guessing I can't but I'd rather ask just to be sure.
edit: anime-planet has it tagged as isekai if that changes anything

While I'm at it, could I get a recommendation for S.21 Watch an anime recommended to you in the challenge discussion thread? Preferably one-cour or less, anything goes besides that!

Thanks!
LesLoueApr 3, 2020 12:44 PM
Mar 31, 2020 2:43 PM
Apr 1, 2020 11:30 PM
Sep 2017
I need a anime for challenge 21 in the silver medalist, it can be anything I just need a recommendation. I would like to keep the anime around 25 episodes or lower, any movie or ova is fine as well.
Apr 2, 2020 12:35 AM

Jun 2014
NatsuDaBeast said:
I need a anime for challenge 21 in the silver medalist, it can be anything I just need a recommendation. I would like to keep the anime around 25 episodes or lower, any movie or ova is fine as well.

Here's some recommendations, all great in my opinion

Gurren Lagann
Shirobako
Parasyte
Needless

Apr 2, 2020 4:03 AM

Aug 2012
I need clarification for this question: (B.13) Watch an anime with a score of 8.00 or above and an episode duration of 16 minutes or more

By above 8.00, does it go by 7, 6, 5 or 9, 10, 11?

Would this entry count or not?

I always get confused with these types of questions.
Apr 2, 2020 6:29 AM
Feb 2008
Liaeves said:
I need clarification for this question: (B.13) Watch an anime with a score of 8.00 or above and an episode duration of 16 minutes or more

By above 8.00, does it go by 7, 6, 5 or 9, 10, 11?

Would this entry count or not?

I always get confused with these types of questions.

Above = higher than. It's 8.00+, so 8, 9, 10.

That entry would not count. Its score is 7.57, which is below 8.00.
Apr 2, 2020 7:04 PM

Jun 2014
Hi, can someone give me a recommendation for S.21?
Watch an anime recommended to you in the challenge discussion thread

Any type and genre is fine. Would prefer 1 cour or under.

Thanks!
Apr 2, 2020 9:05 PM

Jul 2017
Is Darwin's Game valid for B.22 Watch an anime with no Japanese words or phrases in the title ?
The explanation says character names are excluded, Darwin is a name but there's not a character called Darwin
Apr 2, 2020 9:42 PM

May 2017
Frandro said:
Is Darwin's Game valid for B.22 Watch an anime with no Japanese words or phrases in the title ?
The explanation says character names are excluded, Darwin is a name but there's not a character called Darwin

Sincere there is no character with that name, it would be valid.
Apr 3, 2020 5:12 AM
Jul 2016
Hi guys, I know I'm late to the game (lol) but how do I sign up for the challenge? Do we just copy and paste the bronze medal coding into this chat
Apr 3, 2020 5:48 AM
Space Brother

Mar 2015
Purly9009 said:
Hi guys, I know I'm late to the game (lol) but how do I sign up for the challenge? Do we just copy and paste the bronze medal coding into this chat

Not into this thread, no. Please sign up in the Sign-up Thread. Make sure you read the first few posts there which explain the rules and how to participate, and you can also read the Quick-Start Guide for a little help in getting started.
dierubikdieApr 3, 2020 4:31 PM

"An earnest failure has meaning."

"Nothing is definite in this world. But it's okay.
Some things within me are definite."
Apr 3, 2020 12:46 PM

Mar 2014
LesLoue said:
Hi hi!

For B.19 Watch a listed Gourmet or Isekai themed anime, Honzuki no Gekokujou is listed in the anidb isekai tag. Could I watch the Honzuki OVA even though it's not listed? I'm guessing I can't but I'd rather ask just to be sure.

While I'm at it, could I get a recommendation for S.21 Watch an anime recommended to you in the challenge discussion thread? Preferably one-cour or less, anything goes besides that!

Thanks!

Still need an answer for these (・・;)

edit:

Thanks a bunch!
LesLoueApr 3, 2020 1:11 PM
Apr 3, 2020 12:56 PM

Aug 2015
LesLoue said:
LesLoue said:
Hi hi!

Thanks!

Still need an answer for these (・・;)

B.19: If the OVA is not explicitly listed in anidb, then it does not count.

S.21:

Bakemonogatari
Higashi no Eden
Kamisama Hajimemashita
Kara no Kyoukai 1 Fukan Fuukei
Ookami to Koushinryou
Apr 3, 2020 4:37 PM

Jun 2014

Thank you! These are some interesting choices compared to what i usually watch, some of these are 2nd seasons i havent seen the first to, but the others are great. Much appreciated.
Apr 3, 2020 6:28 PM

May 2017
JackRippon said:

Thank you! These are some interesting choices compared to what i usually watch, some of these are 2nd seasons i havent seen the first to, but the others are great. Much appreciated.

Oh, my bad! That's not really fair to you then, my fault sorry.

I change these ones:
https://myanimelist.net/anime/21339/Psycho-Pass_Movie to https://myanimelist.net/anime/13601/Psycho-Pass
https://myanimelist.net/anime/35075/Hoozuki_no_Reitetsu_2nd_Season to https://myanimelist.net/anime/20431/Hoozuki_no_Reitetsu

The rest should be fine I think.
Apr 3, 2020 10:07 PM

Oct 2017
Hello, I just wanna consult for these items:
(B.18) Watch a listed Superhero or Iyashikei themed anime
Is Non Non Biyori Vacation valid for this one, since Vacation is not listed in the anime.
(S.15) Watch an anime with a total duration of 16 minutes or more that's tagged as Dementia, Demons, Horror, and/or Vampire
I want to watch something with vampires and/or horror, prefentially something of 1 or 2 cours.
"What a Player, what a Champion here at Wimbledon, the first man to win 8 Championships."
Andrew Castle on Roger Federer winning his 19th Grand Slam title.
Apr 4, 2020 12:52 AM

Jun 2017
I'm having BBC issues, the list isn't cutting to a spoiler as it should. Here's the post. Am I doing something wrong?
digisoulwingsApr 4, 2020 4:14 PM
Apr 4, 2020 4:17 AM

May 2013
digisoulwings said:
I'm having BBC issues, the list isn't cutting to a spoiler as it should. Here's the post. Am I doing something wrong?

Looks like you are missing "[/list][/spoiler]" after the "[/spoiler][/quote]" near the bottom
Apr 4, 2020 1:34 PM

Mar 2018
Question regarding [b]B.02[b]

Does anyone have any recommendations regarding an anime with 10 or more episodes that are each 15 minutes or less?

I would prefer if the anime was as short as possible since I'm currently stuck in tons and tons of school work/essay writing.

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (31) « First ... « 12 13 [14] 15 16 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Do your irl friends watch anime?

coolyfruity - Yesterday

27 by DesuMaiden »»
7 minutes ago

» Why do so many people hate a show because of one character?

ZeroMajor12 - May 20

32 by DesuMaiden »»
9 minutes ago

» Anime facts you didn't know before

LenRea - Yesterday

5 by Rhae »»
10 minutes ago

» Has a canon ship ever ruined a show for you?

Dragevard - Yesterday

35 by DarkShame2 »»
16 minutes ago

» What's the most significant emotional connection you've made with an anime character or a storyline?

Wendoka - Yesterday

15 by Wendoka »»
17 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.