Forum Settings
Forums

2020 Anime Watching Challenge - Discussion (OPEN until NOV 30)

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (31) « First ... « 11 12 [13] 14 15 » ... Last »
Mar 20, 2020 2:25 AM
Oct 2018
Hey, I need a recommendation for item (S.21) Watch an anime recommended to you in the challenge discussion thread.
I would greatly appreciate it if gory or horror series could be excluded.
Thank you in advance!

Mar 20, 2020 8:21 AM
Space Brother

Mar 2015
exonerate said:
Hey, I need a recommendation for item (S.21) Watch an anime recommended to you in the challenge discussion thread.
Thank you in advance!

Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid
Hakumei & Mikochi
Interviews with Monster Girls
Saki
Laid-Back Camp
Girls & Panzer
Chio's School Road
Girls' Last Tour
Squid Girl
Denki-gai
My Roommate is a Cat

"An earnest failure has meaning."

"Nothing is definite in this world. But it's okay.
Some things within me are definite."
Mar 20, 2020 8:37 AM
Oct 2018
dierubikdie said:
exonerate said:
Thank you in advance!

Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid
Hakumei & Mikochi
Interviews with Monster Girls
Saki
Laid-Back Camp
Girls & Panzer
Chio's School Road
Girls' Last Tour
Squid Girl
Denki-gai
My Roommate is a Cat

Thank you for the recommendations. They all look like very fun shows!
Mar 20, 2020 9:03 AM
King of Justice

Mar 2017
Gonna go ahead and ask for recs for myself for S.21.

Anything in my PTW is fair game, literally everything is there.
Mar 20, 2020 11:46 AM

Mar 2013
bigdud24 said:
ninetailedfoxie said:
Hello everyone! :) I need a recommendation for (S.21) Watch an anime recommended to you in the challenge discussion thread. It would be nice if the recommendations were on the short side (not more than 25 eps) . All genres except yaoi/yuri, shounen ai/shoujo ai , mecha, ecchi/harem and horror work. :)

Psycho-Pass
JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken (TV)
Samurai Flamenco
Flip Flappers
Tetsuwan Birdy Decode
Megalo Box

From your PTW:

Houseki no Kuni (TV)
Kiznaiver
Shokugeki no Souma

Thank you very much for the recommendations! :D
Mar 20, 2020 12:43 PM

Apr 2014
Hi,
double checking whether Violet Evergarden as Auto Memory Doll would ve a valid character for

(B) 27 Watch an anime with a main character that is a professional in their field

She gets paid for her services and is highly talented.

ηˆ†γœγ‚γƒͺをル!
εΌΎγ‘γ‚γ‚·γƒŠγƒ—γ‚ΉοΌ
バニッシγƒ₯γƒ‘γƒ³γƒˆγƒ»γƒ‡γ‚£γ‚Ήγƒ»γƒ―γƒΌγƒ«γƒ‰ !

Mar 20, 2020 1:03 PM

May 2017
UkePaChan said:
Hi,
double checking whether Violet Evergarden as Auto Memory Doll would ve a valid character for

(B) 27 Watch an anime with a main character that is a professional in their field

She gets paid for her services and is highly talented.

Yes, she would be valid for that item ^^
Mar 20, 2020 4:04 PM

Jul 2016
Can you use different favorite anime for different items? For example: If I do Silver Nr. 5 (Watch an anime by a director that made one of your Favorite Anime) and Silver Nr. 7 (Watch an anime that began airing the same season and year as your favorite anime), do I have to use the same anime as my favorite or can it be any anime of the 10 that I have marked as my favorites?

Mar 20, 2020 4:11 PM
Space Brother

Mar 2015
extremeplant said:
Can you use different favorite anime for different items? For example: If I do Silver Nr. 5 (Watch an anime by a director that made one of your Favorite Anime) and Silver Nr. 7 (Watch an anime that began airing the same season and year as your favorite anime), do I have to use the same anime as my favorite or can it be any anime of the 10 that I have marked as my favorites?

It doesn't have to be the same one. Any favorite listed on your profile will be fine. I actually used two different favorites for those items myself.

Mar 20, 2020 4:31 PM

Jul 2016
@dierubikdie I see. Thanks for the quick answer.

Mar 20, 2020 5:26 PM

Jul 2016
Mouryou no Hako has four human adults as main characters, but I could not find a source that states their exact age. Can I still use this for Silver Nr 29 (Watch an anime with at least 3 human adults as main characters) ?

Mar 20, 2020 5:35 PM
Space Brother

Mar 2015
extremeplant said:
Mouryou no Hako has four human adults as main characters, but I could not find a source that states their exact age. Can I still use this for Silver Nr 29 (Watch an anime with at least 3 human adults as main characters) ?

Anime-Planet lists them all as adults. Looks good to me.

Mar 21, 2020 10:05 AM

Feb 2016
Hello, just want to know if this anime Tanaka-kun wa Kyou mo Kedaruge can be use for this topic:

(G.02) Watch an anime with 30 or more episodes that are each 15 minutes or less
Mar 21, 2020 12:04 PM

Jul 2014
@Lakesys
Yes, it's valid for this item (why wouldn't it?).
Mar 22, 2020 2:38 AM

Feb 2017
Question for S.07 - Watch an anime that began airing the same season and year as your favorite anime

just double checking...

fav is Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu - started Jan 8, 1988
target is Kyoufu no Bio Ningen Saishuu Kyoushi - aired Feb 6, 1988

and that would be considered Winter 1988?
Mar 22, 2020 10:27 AM

Jun 2016
Hi!

I am kindly asking some good soul here who would help me with (S.21) Watch an anime recommended to you in the challenge discussion thread.

I would prefer anime with no more than 13 episodes. Please no ecchi, harem! If you give me more than one option, I would be super happy.

Thanks in advance ~
Mar 22, 2020 12:26 PM

Jul 2014
eski514 said:
Question for S.07 - Watch an anime that began airing the same season and year as your favorite anime

just double checking...

fav is Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu - started Jan 8, 1988
target is Kyoufu no Bio Ningen Saishuu Kyoushi - aired Feb 6, 1988

and that would be considered Winter 1988?
When in doubt, check the seasonal anime page: Winter 1988.
Is Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu there? Is Kyoufu no Bio Ningen Saishuu Kyoushi there?
(the answer is yes for both)

TheEdgelord said:
Hi!

I am kindly asking some good soul here who would help me with (S.21) Watch an anime recommended to you in the challenge discussion thread.

I would prefer anime with no more than 13 episodes. Please no ecchi, harem! If you give me more than one option, I would be super happy.

Thanks in advance ~
Armitage III
Gunnm
Gunsmith Cats
Video Girl Ai
Mar 22, 2020 12:46 PM

Feb 2016
mozgow said:
@Lakesys
Yes, it's valid for this item (why wouldn't it?).

Sorry, I'm always so insecure about everything so I have to make sure about it.
Mar 22, 2020 1:21 PM

Feb 2017
mozgow said:
When in doubt, check the seasonal anime page: Winter 1988.
Is Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu there? Is Kyoufu no Bio Ningen Saishuu Kyoushi there?
(the answer is yes for both)

Thanks! I had forgotten how to browse older anime by seasons.
Mar 22, 2020 3:55 PM

Mar 2018
hiii, i need a recomendation for s21 (Watch an anime recommended to you in the challenge discussion thread)!

advise something to your discretion, please :Π·
thanks in advance for your help

i have restrictions on type (tv) and duration (marathon: per ep 20 min or more)
Mar 22, 2020 5:56 PM

Mar 2018

thank you so much <Π·
i will use several anime from your list (for other items)
Mar 22, 2020 6:42 PM

Dec 2016
Can someone please recommend me something for: (S.21) Watch an anime recommended to you in the challenge discussion thread. Please nothing from my ptw, I have already reserved those for other challenge items. I would rather something that doesn't have more than two cours because I have the tv restriction.
Mar 22, 2020 6:54 PM

Apr 2011
Ginoza said:
Can someone please recommend me something for: (S.21) Watch an anime recommended to you in the challenge discussion thread. Please nothing from my ptw, I have already reserved those for other challenge items. I would rather something that doesn't have more than two cours because I have the tv restriction.

https://myanimelist.net/anime/28249/Arslan_Senki_TV
https://myanimelist.net/anime/11633/Blood_Lad
https://myanimelist.net/anime/25183/Gangsta
https://myanimelist.net/anime/5041/Guin_Saga
https://myanimelist.net/anime/12413/Jormungand
https://myanimelist.net/anime/20507/Noragami
https://myanimelist.net/anime/28621/Subete_ga_F_ni_Naru

» "You've fought a valiant duel, my friend..." «

⍏⍏⍏⍏⍏

inspector @ MAL's anime watching challenge
Mar 22, 2020 6:58 PM
King of Justice

Mar 2017
Ginoza said:

Chihayafuru
Shirobako
Tetsuwan Birdy Decode
Flip Flappers
Shoujo Shuumatsu Ryokou
Casshern Sins
Noragami
Sakamoto Desu ga?
Yuru Campβ–³
SSSS.Gridman
Mar 22, 2020 9:17 PM
Jul 2017
Might have been asked before, but if I complete some anime after completing the challenge but before turning-in, do those count to "the number of anime completed at turn-in" that one should put at the turn-in form? I assume that they do count towards the number, but I'm asking just to be sure
anonimus_opinionMar 22, 2020 9:28 PM
Mar 22, 2020 9:34 PM

May 2017
anonimus_opinion said:
Might have been asked before, but if I complete some anime after completing the challenge but before turning-in, do those count to "the number of anime completed at turn-in" that one should put at the turn-in form? I assume that they do count towards the number, but I'm asking just to be sure

Yes those count toward the completed at turn-in ^^
Mar 22, 2020 9:46 PM
Jul 2017
Aeradae said:
anonimus_opinion said:

Thanks for the answer.
Another possibly dumb question but do I have to edit my original challenge post to reflect the difficulty that I aimed for? (Like putting "Diamond Medalist" on "Difficulty" instead of the default "Bronze Medalist")
anonimus_opinionMar 22, 2020 9:55 PM
Mar 22, 2020 9:57 PM

May 2017
anonimus_opinion said:
Aeradae said:

Thanks for the answer.
Another possibly dumb question but do I have to edit my original challenge post to reflect the difficulty that I aimed for? (Like putting "Diamond Medalist" on "Difficulty" instead of the default "Bronze Medalist")

If you are going for any other difficult besides Bronze Medalist, then yes please change it accordingly.
Mar 23, 2020 9:22 AM
May 2009
Finally reached silver, can someone recommend me an anime for the following. (S.21) Watch an anime recommended to you in the challenge discussion thread. My ptw is for other challenge items so preferably not from there.
AquaHazeMar 23, 2020 9:26 AM
Mar 23, 2020 9:42 AM

Aug 2015
AquaHaze said:
Finally reached silver, can someone recommend me an anime for the following. (S.21) Watch an anime recommended to you in the challenge discussion thread. My ptw is for other challenge items so preferably not from there.

Gyakkyou Burai Kaiji: Ultimate Survivor
Higashi no Eden
Mawaru Penguindrum
Mushishi
Mar 23, 2020 4:01 PM

Jan 2017
I need some recommenations for (S.21) Watch an anime recommended to you in the challenge discussion thread, preferrably something that isn´t already in my PTW-List and that is not too long (at most ~30 episodes).
Mar 23, 2020 8:26 PM
Dec 2015
I just finished watching Inu to Hasami wa Tsukaiyou/ Dog & Scissors and was wondering if it fits the criteria for (B.27) Watch an anime with a main character that is a professional in their field. The main character, Natsuno, is an author and I think they mention maybe once offhandedly how she got a lot of money from someone buying all her books. Would this count for this challenge? Thanks!
Mar 24, 2020 3:35 AM

Jun 2017
hi! just wanna clarify. for the random anime generated in spin.moe, it doesn't have to be the first spin, right? thanks and stay safe!
Mar 24, 2020 5:09 AM

Jul 2014
@squidgychan
Yes, it doesn't have to be the first one.
Mar 24, 2020 8:28 AM

May 2017
AquaHaze said:

Here's a few more for you:

https://myanimelist.net/anime/49/Aa_Megami-sama
https://myanimelist.net/anime/35015/Ani_ni_Tsukeru_Kusuri_wa_Nai
https://myanimelist.net/anime/32664/Bananya
https://myanimelist.net/anime/32483/Cheer_Danshi
https://myanimelist.net/anime/32696/Fukigen_na_Mononokean
https://myanimelist.net/anime/20431/Hoozuki_no_Reitetsu
https://myanimelist.net/anime/34262/Oushitsu_Kyoushi_Heine
https://myanimelist.net/anime/36513/Rokuhoudou_Yotsuiro_Biyori

SpiritBird said:
I just finished watching Inu to Hasami wa Tsukaiyou/ Dog & Scissors and was wondering if it fits the criteria for (B.27) Watch an anime with a main character that is a professional in their field. The main character, Natsuno, is an author and I think they mention maybe once offhandedly how she got a lot of money from someone buying all her books. Would this count for this challenge? Thanks!

Yes that would be valid - she's a best-selling novelist, which implies she does make money.
Mar 24, 2020 8:05 PM
Dec 2015
I wanted to clarify if anime for the challenge have to be watched after you signed up (or posted) in the 2020 AWC forum. I know in previous years it was ok to have watched anime before signing up for the challenge as long as it was started and completed from Jan-Dec.
However, I think I might've seen somewhere that the anime for this challenge have to be watched after the start of signing up. So for example, having finished watching an anime in February would be invalid if I signed up/posted in March.
Could anyone clarify? Thanks!
Mar 24, 2020 8:19 PM
Space Brother

Mar 2015
SpiritBird said:
I wanted to clarify if anime for the challenge have to be watched after you signed up (or posted) in the 2020 AWC forum. I know in previous years it was ok to have watched anime before signing up for the challenge as long as it was started and completed from Jan-Dec.
However, I think I might've seen somewhere that the anime for this challenge have to be watched after the start of signing up. So for example, having finished watching an anime in February would be invalid if I signed up/posted in March.
Could anyone clarify? Thanks!

As long as you started watching the anime in 2020, it's valid. It does not have to be started after your signup date.

Mar 24, 2020 11:41 PM
Oct 2008
Hi! I returned for a recommendation for item (S.21) Watch an anime recommended to you in the challenge discussion thread.

Something short (~13ep) or a great movie if possible^^
Mar 25, 2020 12:43 PM

Mar 2019
Need some recommendations for (S.21) Watch an anime recommended to you in the in the challenge discussion thread, thanks in advance!
Mar 25, 2020 12:44 PM
Dec 2018
I choose my list kind of randomly. I suck at following anime and am a bit tired. But I guess I have to see how my random picking do
Mar 25, 2020 8:00 PM

Jan 2020
How should I write the 'required' part on the sign up form?

Suppose,I am a Bronze Medalist and I need to complete 20 animes to pass the level.I have already completed 13 animes and I only need 7 more.

So should I write '13/20 required' or '7/20 required'?
Mar 25, 2020 8:03 PM
Space Brother

Mar 2015
IrrelevantGuy said:
How should I write the 'required' part on the sign up form?

Suppose,I am a Bronze Medalist and I need to complete 20 animes to pass the level.I have already completed 13 animes and I only need 7 more.

So should I write '13/20 required' or '7/20 required'?

13/20​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

Mar 25, 2020 9:30 PM

Feb 2018
A question regarding format. In the main sign-up section at the top, it says to use format for dates as MONTH DAY, YEAR. In the challenge section, format is MMM dd. Do we change formats, or use just one?
Mar 26, 2020 12:41 AM
Dec 2018
Hi,

can anime which started in 2020 used for the challange?

Thanks,
9bakeneko
Mar 26, 2020 4:05 AM

Feb 2018
9bakeneko said:
Hi,

can anime which started in 2020 used for the challange?

Thanks,
9bakeneko

As long as it starts and ends within your medalist section, yes.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (31) « First ... « 11 12 [13] 14 15 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Will Isekai Anime Series one day surpass Mecha anime series in popularity and in the numbers game? What do you think?

RainyEvenings - 12 hours ago

21 by DesuMaiden »»
4 minutes ago

» Underrated villains

JoeChip - Yesterday

20 by UberBat »»
5 minutes ago

» Anime as good as Evangelion/Utena?

Thecutedog - Yesterday

30 by alshu »»
6 minutes ago

» Misleading, out of context, or outright fake knowledge about various titles

RobertBobert - 7 hours ago

36 by kutuya »»
6 minutes ago

» Should anime girls have matching bra + panties?

Catalano - Yesterday

26 by BerriesSan »»
9 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.