Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World- (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (16) « First ... « 12 13 [14] 15 16 »
Oct 2, 2016 11:31 AM

Aug 2014
mother of cringe...so this is everyone's so called best girl?

This next line sorta made up for it though, gotta love how self-aware he's become lol :

I never seen a show that skips out on the OP/ED so much before, I wouldn't be surprised if White Fox decides to include them in the blu-ray episodes.

I was cool with Subaru turning down Rem, but best girl Crusch? please kys.

Now that this animal abuse is all over with, we can move on to more interesting things (cue in Betelgeuse)
KashKetchumOct 2, 2016 11:38 AM
Oct 2, 2016 11:59 AM
Jul 2018
@Kryptiq

She's so in love with him that she doesn't resists. Subaru was doing great there.
Oct 11, 2016 7:43 PM
GetsugaTENSHO

Jul 2012
AMAZING EPISODE !!! No doubt this is going to end up as one of my favorite anime!
張大です for 張大勇督察
Oct 20, 2016 8:46 PM

Dec 2013
I keep falling in love for Rem over and over again...
FragOutFire said:

Why am I a Berserk fan? All I ever experience is pain.

We are in the eclipse and Miura has sacrificed us
Oct 21, 2016 2:52 AM

Jan 2011
Felt the Wilhelm flashback bits showed down this white whale fight.
I haven't updated in years but now I have changed that. I'll be free soon.
Oct 22, 2016 8:57 PM

Mar 2012
I don't get how Wilhelm was able to pull of those moves for being, what seems to be, human. Unless he knows a bit of a magic or something like Reinhard.
Nov 3, 2016 11:25 PM

Mar 2015
That tender moment between Rem and Subaru at the end there, GAH my heartstrings would sooner snap than I would be able to finish this amazing anime!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Nov 6, 2016 6:19 PM

Nov 2016
Episode 21:
Great episode, i understand now, Subaru's power comes from its weaknesses.
Mimi was super cute in the end of the episode.
Wilhelm backstory is interesting, it seems like Theresia does not like to fight, but thank to him she can do whatever she likes, without worrying about her heritage.
And the last part with Rem, was cute, but i think that the author does not want to Subaru to end with Rem (maybe a little sister type of relation..) , but instead with Emilia, so the next arc should be about her.
But still don´t know how is possible that Subaru survive this attack with the Whales, when he is the weakest in the troop (even if he is with Rem), but above all, he is the target of the whales!

4/5
Nov 24, 2016 11:45 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Ends of battle with a beatuful strategy!!!
Nov 26, 2016 3:11 AM
Oct 2016
Guys , I cant read all the comments , But can Anyone tell me what happened to Rem?
Where did she go!! ??
Nov 26, 2016 10:35 PM
Jul 2018
Ehabo0 said:
Guys , I cant read all the comments , But can Anyone tell me what happened to Rem?
Where did she go!! ??

She was being healed in town. The story continues, and she'd appear in a next season, along with the other characters.
Dec 10, 2016 6:43 PM
Jul 2018
Wilheim is so boss. His backstory is so beautiful, some great romance writing there... wow! I loved it. He's my new favorite character of the show lol. And the way he ripped himself out of the whale, holy shit!! He was incredibly badass, I kinda want an anime based on him and his love story with his wife now ;-;
Jan 11, 2017 7:24 PM

Mar 2010
The happy ending felt like the creator just wanted to hurry up and end the battle lol.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Jan 13, 2017 6:20 PM

Apr 2010
What a lovely episode. I felt a lot better after watching this compared to the last half-dozen or so. Too bad about the tree though.

Jan 13, 2017 9:22 PM

Jul 2016
HikariJake said:
Wilheim is so boss. His backstory is so beautiful, some great romance writing there... wow! I loved it. He's my new favorite character of the show lol. And the way he ripped himself out of the whale, holy shit!! He was incredibly badass, I kinda want an anime based on him and his love story with his wife now ;-;

The author indeed did write a volume of side story dedicated of telling the tale of Wilhelm and Theresia past and the full story of the Demihuman War happened in the background... Let's hope that White Fox pick this up and adapt it into OVA...
Jan 14, 2017 1:17 PM

Apr 2013
Operation save the old man. I agree with that.
That's his children! They look exactly like him
Those mounts are really awesome. They really don't give a fuck at the huge thing trying to eat them.
So that's what, it divided himself? is it some kind of unicellular whale?
Oh, we just found a old man.
Why are some of the strongest there used to transport the wounded?

I'm not sure that's the right time to do brofists.
What a hero! Wouldn't believe he was such a looser a day ago!
Nice throw! Not sure that's how you're supposed to use that type of weapon though.

Oh hi, Nice pillows you have there.
Timber!
They're destroying the environment here. And animals too.

That couple is better than the main of this series. Whyy.
Still doesn't understand why he remember when no one else does. Is her wife not dead or did she died by something else ? Or is it just plot hole?

She uses "卿" heh.
Take the chibi with you. The author will probably not kill permanently the chibi so that's a 100% ensured victory.

Look at him playing the hero again. As soon as things goes his way he cannot stop doing that seriously.
Rem shouldn't expect anything of promise from Subaru considering how many times he broke them already~

Oh, there's another chibi over there! three kemonomimi chibi. Now victory is secured.
Oy oy, not that loser face again at the last image.
Jan 17, 2017 10:18 AM

Apr 2013
Way too many great moments but let me list my favorites -
- The confession (which if i may add was the weirdest i've ever seen in anime. couldn't you be a bit more romantic gramps? at least we saw how they reconciled, which they left out in the last episode and what i was going to complain about in this one.
- Subaru's fall from sky (if you tell me that didn't remind you of the Red Death fall scene from HTTYD, then you're either lying or haven't seen the movie.)
- The RenxSuba hug scene (which is totally unfair on Rem shippers, which i am, since there's a good chance the writer will go with the default pairing)
- [i forgot this one] tree crusher (i think the environmentalists won't let that one go, and i kindaaa agree with them. oh well, good thing it's fictional)
And finally, something i feel i should mention. i've known this more or less in my heart for some time, but i'm going to come out and say it properly. While i do love a GOOD deconstruction, i love a GOOD reconstruction more.

P.S.
Come on, kiss and make up already. Lucius Julius is good for you Suba boy!
R2Jan 17, 2017 10:29 AM
Jan 30, 2017 6:52 AM

Sep 2013
that smooth talk by wilheim. I have to admit rem does have a lot of good side of her, but best girl? I don't think so. She is like subaru counterpart who's fell mad in love with someone.
Feb 4, 2017 3:26 AM

Jul 2013
Look how much Subaru has grown. Now let's see how he handles that Julius who beat the shit out of him.

They're finally taking on that Betelguese guy and the cultists. Honestly I think Puck is ore than capable of dealing with them but let's see how it goes.
Feb 8, 2017 2:28 PM
Aug 2014
All the "rousing" speeches in this anime were too long and not inspiring at all; same with Crusha's.

Did Moby Dick really get baited to come down to the ground, after spawning two clones for the express purpose of staying in the air, just because Subara spouted some nonsense? The tree also fell way too fast. And once again no-one, but some redshirts, actually died.

I wonder if they'll do anything with the fact that Subaru is responsible for all those soldiers death. Of course killing Moby Dick will end up saving more lives in the ends, but if it wasn't for Subaru doesn't soldiers would still be alive.
LorezhnoFeb 8, 2017 2:45 PM
Mar 8, 2017 2:24 PM

Jan 2011
I think the whale didn't care about Subaru's words at all, if he does even understand them. It was the witch's scent that was the bait.

Also, what should they do with "Subaru is responsible for those soldiers death"? Should he feel bad, or should he get charged with murder or what? The soldiers did exactly what they where supposed to do as soldiers, on the orders of their liege. Or in the case of the old men who came back from retirement or so, they did so voluntary after being asked by Willhelm. And Cruscht was preparing to attack the whale anyways, Subaru actually helped keeping the deaths low by providing time and location and being a bait, and some quick thinking, like how to get the whale to come down etc.

Besides, i think Subaru saw enough death, he won't feel too bad about some random soldiers when he can save ordinary villagers and his friends.
Mar 11, 2017 11:55 AM

Jan 2015
NwAurion said:
I think the whale didn't care about Subaru's words at all, if he does even understand them. It was the witch's scent that was the bait.

Also, what should they do with "Subaru is responsible for those soldiers death"? Should he feel bad, or should he get charged with murder or what? The soldiers did exactly what they where supposed to do as soldiers, on the orders of their liege. Or in the case of the old men who came back from retirement or so, they did so voluntary after being asked by Willhelm. And Cruscht was preparing to attack the whale anyways, Subaru actually helped keeping the deaths low by providing time and location and being a bait, and some quick thinking, like how to get the whale to come down etc.

Besides, i think Subaru saw enough death, he won't feel too bad about some random soldiers when he can save ordinary villagers and his friends.

Well at least he understands that their sacrifice wasn't in vain when they finally killed the White Whale that has killed countless people in 400 years, so this a great victory for defeating a monster that terrorized the world for that long :3
"No matter what painful things happens, even when it looks like you'll lose... when no one else in the world believes in you... when you don't even believe in yourself... I will believe in you!"

Mar 11, 2017 11:59 AM

Jan 2015
NitroKageAki said:
HikariJake said:

The author indeed did write a volume of side story dedicated of telling the tale of Wilhelm and Theresia past and the full story of the Demihuman War happened in the background... Let's hope that White Fox pick this up and adapt it into OVA...

Wilhelm is awesome, badass and loves his wife endless :3
When he killed the White Whale and thus finally avenged Therasia where he ended with the words "I love you", a really emotional and perfect scene that gets me every time! TwT
"No matter what painful things happens, even when it looks like you'll lose... when no one else in the world believes in you... when you don't even believe in yourself... I will believe in you!"

Mar 11, 2017 12:03 PM

Jan 2015
R2 said:
Way too many great moments but let me list my favorites -
- The confession (which if i may add was the weirdest i've ever seen in anime. couldn't you be a bit more romantic gramps? at least we saw how they reconciled, which they left out in the last episode and what i was going to complain about in this one.
- Subaru's fall from sky (if you tell me that didn't remind you of the Red Death fall scene from HTTYD, then you're either lying or haven't seen the movie.)
- The RenxSuba hug scene (which is totally unfair on Rem shippers, which i am, since there's a good chance the writer will go with the default pairing)
- [i forgot this one] tree crusher (i think the environmentalists won't let that one go, and i kindaaa agree with them. oh well, good thing it's fictional)
And finally, something i feel i should mention. i've known this more or less in my heart for some time, but i'm going to come out and say it properly. While i do love a GOOD deconstruction, i love a GOOD reconstruction more.

P.S.
Come on, kiss and make up already. Lucius Julius is good for you Suba boy!

I think they can understand that the tree over 100 old tree was a worth sacrifice, humanity have lost countless people to the White Whale for the last 400 years so a big old tree is the last of their concern! :3

Apr 11, 2017 9:33 PM

Jan 2016
Ah, a feel-good episode. Warm feelings. Finally triumph. How refreshing.

Agh, if a hero like you, Subaru, can't win over Crusch; I can't imagine the kind of guy that would. I bet you it would be the Ferris kind of guy; gentle, friendly, defensive and a healer. Not really the soldier type, she fulfills that role, while Ferris fills the gap. ^_^

Or maybe I'm just shipping. I don't know. I feel like I'd be more of a Ferris character than a Subaru, so maybe I'm just subconsciously shipping myself with her lol.

Anyway, Subaru, back to work. You have your Emilia to save. Now where's the waifu Betelgeuse?
Apr 12, 2017 9:01 PM

Jan 2016
Payper said:
Awww... The pritties scene ever:

Ok, I am just kidding xD Still laughting at Subarus fail xD
But this scene with kiss was truly awesome:

And Subaru was usefull in this episode! Something new!

I think I'm starting to like Cruch. And also paring Subaru x Rem... Emilia, go away!

Hehe, your picture is pure gold (the first one).
Apr 15, 2017 8:37 PM

Feb 2015
Crusch-sama for president. Like for real, what does Subaru see in Emilia? A leader takes charge and empowers her people to win battles.

Apr 23, 2017 1:55 PM

Jan 2013
Yet again great episode.
Crusch was a fantastic leader for the fight against the Whale.
Almost teared up at Wilhelm finally able to fullfill the one thing he lived for after his wife died :)

Come on Subaru, just let bygones be bygones ... you just beat the Whale and are about to Witch's Cult ... you could use all the help you can get, I'm sure Julius is already over that little fight, why can't you?

Lorezhno said:
I wonder if they'll do anything with the fact that Subaru is responsible for all those soldiers death. Of course killing Moby Dick will end up saving more lives in the ends, but if it wasn't for Subaru doesn't soldiers would still be alive.

Lmao doubt it, that's not how things worked back then.
They signed up to fight for their leaders and they did as they were commanded, they knew what they were getting into.
It's not like they actually thought they could kill a beast that's been roaming for over 400 years without any casualties, besides they were actually pumped to finally get rid of it after all these years since they never got the chance.
Jun 6, 2017 7:21 PM
Mar 2017
i loved this episode!
Jun 23, 2017 4:01 AM

May 2016
I gotta give this episode 11/10 damn that was way to good and I laughed when Rem said thank you for the treat xD
Those flash backs were really special I loved it all the way.
Jun 24, 2017 6:22 PM
Mar 2015
-Stray said:

Crusch is awesome! hell if I were Subaru I'd take her instead of Emilia and Rem

Subaru would never be able to "take" her, and Crusch would never love him.

Mod Edit: Added spoiler tags; please hide plot details.
ArdanazJul 20, 2017 4:32 AM
Jul 20, 2017 1:36 AM

Dec 2012
You better catch Rem.
Rem is the only one allowed to sniff Rem.
WILHELM!
Subaru is on the horn with that pose.
Dat face again.
SUGOI! DAT LANDING ON THE OPPAI!
No, Rem. Thank you for the treat.
Dat tree drop.
Dat kiss.
Dat finisher.
Emilia is #2, right?
Dat promise.
Dat closeness. Kiss her.
Another brother.
A familiar face returns to piss off Subaru.

Good 3rd episode. With the whale dead, time to kill that bastard, Petelgeuse.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Jul 27, 2017 8:32 AM
Mar 2015
Rayrin said:
One of the best raid battle I've ever seen

I kinda wanna see an OVA about Wilhelm's past

subaru mentioned about #1 and #2, so Subaru's personal top 3 girls are...
#1 Emilia
#2 Rem
#3 Crusch(?)

Screw that.....Crusch should be the #1

No, Crusch is not in Subaru's heart. He doesn't have romantic feelings for her, and she doesn't have romantic feelings for him.
Jul 27, 2017 8:41 AM
Mar 2015
Kajo_Senpai69 said:

He friendzoned Crusch for good measure.

Crusch doesn't have romantic feelings for him, so he didn't "friendzone" her.
Jul 27, 2017 11:19 AM

Mar 2014
Good episode but I felt somewhat bad for the whale lol am I the only one here... I mean I know there was no other way to kill it but they kept stabbing it over and over for two whole episodes.

Also I cringed twice, first when Wilhelm won Theresia and basically told her ''i'm better than you so you don't have to wield this anymore'' and the second time when Rem said the only one who can sniff Subaru is her lol. Anyway it was time to move on from the whale story so I'm curious as to what's next.

On a side note, I am a bit confused as to what direction the romance will take, we know Subaru loves Emilia but apparently now he has #1 and #2 (lol) and that last bit where he was hugging Rem and their foreheads were touching was not really friendly...
Jul 27, 2017 5:45 PM

Mar 2010
Danae said:
Also I cringed twice, first when Wilhelm won Theresia and basically told her ''i'm better than you so you don't have to wield this anymore''

Just to clarify, don't misunderstand Wilhelm here. He had to beat her so Theareisa would not be forced by societal obligation and her own resignation to be the Sword Saint anymore. She hated fighting and only participate in the Demihuman War because she was afraid of losing Wilhelm like many other people she care about. But talking up her family lineage meant unfortunately cosign herself to a life of battles instead of what she wanted to do.
Iron_MawJul 27, 2017 6:31 PM
Jul 28, 2017 3:12 AM

Mar 2014
Jagd84 said:
Danae said:
Also I cringed twice, first when Wilhelm won Theresia and basically told her ''i'm better than you so you don't have to wield this anymore''

Just to clarify, don't misunderstand Wilhelm here. He had to beat her so Theareisa would not be forced by societal obligation and her own resignation to be the Sword Saint anymore. She hated fighting and only participate in the Demihuman War because she was afraid of losing Wilhelm like many other people she care about. But talking up her family lineage meant unfortunately cosign herself to a life of battles instead of what she wanted to do.

Seems like I misunderstood lol, thanks for this interesting explanation!
Jul 28, 2017 3:30 AM
Mar 2015
Danae said:
On a side note, I am a bit confused as to what direction the romance will take, we know Subaru loves Emilia but apparently now he has #1 and #2 (lol) and that last bit where he was hugging Rem and their foreheads were touching was not really friendly...

Emilia is "1st" and Rem is "2nd". I was honestly disgusted by this scene and how Subaru treats Rem and Emilia.
Jul 28, 2017 5:08 AM

Mar 2010
Danae said:
Jagd84 said:

You're welcome!

KilluaX4 said:
Danae said:

Emilia is "1st" and Rem is "2nd". I was honestly disgusted by this scene and how Subaru treats Rem and Emilia.

He's saying these are two most important people to him, especially from a emotional standpoint. That is not disgusting at all.
Iron_MawJul 28, 2017 5:20 AM
Aug 10, 2017 8:57 PM

May 2013
I'M SO FUCKING SATISFIED WITH WILHELM'S BACKGROUND STORY WITH HIS WAIFU

ALSO REM IS THE BEST REM IS THE BESTTTTTTTTT
Aug 10, 2017 9:02 PM

Mar 2017
Kokoro_Inuzuka said:

b-but rem got rejected T_T
Aug 10, 2017 9:37 PM

May 2013
danangafnan said:
Kokoro_Inuzuka said:

b-but rem got rejected T_T

She's too good for Subaru anyways Q______Q
Nov 8, 2017 1:38 PM

Sep 2012
KilluaX4 said:
Kajo_Senpai69 said:

He friendzoned Crusch for good measure.

ur almost right, but she did in a way mentioned he made her feel that way a bit but what she was talking about was the spark what starts romance so if he wouldn't be set on Emilia she would have taken him to herself, it was easy to her to talk about it cause this feelings that started are easier to get over then the ones Ren has for him

KilluaX4 said:
Danae said:

with that he said he already has 2woman in hes heart & that number one meant he loves her more then Rem, there isn't anything bad with that, i think u misunderstood what he meant

Jagd84 said:
Danae said:

You're welcome!

KilluaX4 said:

He's saying these are two most important people to him, especially from a emotional standpoint. That is not disgusting at all.

i agree
Sugram22Nov 8, 2017 1:43 PM
Nov 9, 2017 10:01 AM
Mar 2015
Sugram22 said:
KilluaX4 said:

ur almost right, but she did in a way mentioned he made her feel that way a bit but what she was talking about was the spark what starts romance so if he wouldn't be set on Emilia she would have taken him to herself, it was easy to her to talk about it cause this feelings that started are easier to get over then the ones Ren has for him

That's simply wrong.

She said "I have not gone as far as to see you how a woman might".

Crusch doesn't have feelings for Subaru. The author is pairing her with Felix. https://imgur.com/a/gIg2L

Please stop making false conclusions about my second favorite character.
Nov 10, 2017 10:56 PM

Sep 2010
Hope we get some Crusch x Felix at some point if the series gets a sequel probably. I also wish I knew more about the reason Wilhelm's wife went to fight the while whale. Anime episode run time limitations. I might read the light novel and manga. Rem <3 Battle after battle? I know it defeats the series' purpose to have Subaru get stronger, but this is one of the few times I wish there would be a training montage because shadow magic could be cool.
Nov 13, 2017 3:03 AM

Jun 2016
The badassery of everyone continues and apparently the two other White Whales were some sort of distraction created by the original White Whale. Haha. Glad that White Whale fell into Subaru's trap and got killed. Damn. Wilhelm-sama, glad you're alive! Yaaas. And he successfully defeated that White Whale with the help of everyone, of course.

Just find it funny that Wilhelm as a young man looks like an Asian guy then when he got old he looks like some sort of Western guy. Hahaha I should stop.

*Subaru's face fell into Rem's oppai after falling from the White Whale*
Rem: Thank you for the treat.
I'm dyiiiiing. Hahaha. Aww, Rem, you silly!

So, Subaru decided to not take Rem with him to save Emilia and the entire village against the Witch cultist just to make sure she'll not die. Glad he's got help from those people he'd helped defeat the White Whale. Yeah, Julius is one of those people who'll help him. Hahaha.

I hope everything'll work out in the end. Fuck the Witch cultists!

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Dec 15, 2017 1:48 PM

Dec 2009
Wilhelm's story...

Didn't expect to cry.

Finally the damn whale is dead. The storybeats are moving towards the climax. I cannot wait for the payoff because the despair has been tough.
Jan 8, 2018 1:23 PM

Mar 2016
The battle became awesome when everyone's morale is high! That last move was cool (tree attack!) With Crusch respecting Subaru now, hopefully, he could earn a good reputation for himself!

Rem's BADASS aerial fights and that ice launch + the aftermath with her and Subaru sharing their feelings are purrfect! I almost thought that when they put both of their head close together, they would kiss each other. But even if that did not happen, it's still a great moment for team Rem!
Feb 10, 2018 5:13 AM

Dec 2010
One of the most moving resolutions ever.

Also

The definition of magnificent bastard.
Feb 28, 2018 5:01 AM

Jun 2010
Damn, I had such a long break with this show (well actually every show), so I can't remember who's the guy with purple hair. :P Well I'm gonna find out soon.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (16) « First ... « 12 13 [14] 15 16 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 31, 2016

1835 by Pruzkumak »»
6 hours ago

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 10, 2016

2077 by Shadicgunman »»
12 hours ago

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 10, 2016

513 by ionelHeredia »»
Yesterday, 8:27 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 14, 2016

793 by cibertopia »»
Sep 21, 9:35 PM

» Should I watch director cut or the regular one?

ido4224 - Sep 6

22 by QcDiablo »»
Sep 18, 5:44 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.