Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Noragami: Stray God
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Jan 26, 2014 3:18 PM

Apr 2013
this anime is the best so far (with Space Dandy ofc) this season.
Jan 26, 2014 3:31 PM

Jul 2013
jayvon said:
Wow I'm like speechless. What the hell did I just watch?

>Casually having a conversation WITH FLASHBACKS while falling from a building.
>A little 1,000+ year old girl going on dates and eventually sending some dude into bankruptcy.
>And last but not least Yato killing Humans.

LMAO

I know right! LOLOL.
Longest fall ever. That guy using Hiyori's face in all the flashbacks xD
haha, Kofuku <3
Nora appears again.. waiting for Yato to call her name..
GREAT episode!
Jan 26, 2014 3:32 PM

Dec 2012
Love the comedy in this show. Kofuku is such a funny god.
Looking forward to seeing more.
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Jan 26, 2014 3:43 PM
Oct 2009
Sexy "samurai" Yato there!! I think the girl at the end would be the regalia he killed since she has that triangle which signifies ghosts. I'm gonna read the manga :)
Jan 26, 2014 3:44 PM

Jan 2011
Kannei said:
greebo said:
Mortemis said:
Yato = Gintoki? Used to be a badass samurai, killed tons of people. Now is a lazy bum doing odd jobs. ;D

Ha! Yes! He does remind me a bit of Gin. Can't say I took to this series straight away but this last episode was excellent. More of the same please!

Gintoki and yato the same.... oh please, now your pushing a lil to far yato is nothing like gin // yato kicks ass what the other doesn't

I love noragami and not gintama
I like them both but i'm sorry i can't just let this slide have you even seen more than a few episodes of Gintama because i can count multiple times Gintoki has done some pretty badass stuff hell almost every major arc he has his moments only difference between them is one of them is a god.

episode it self was pretty good and funny all that suicide scene was missing was Tom Petty Free Fallin
Jan 26, 2014 3:45 PM

Jul 2010
Great episode, I love this anime already :) And I'm so glad Yato does have a dark past like I suspected/hoped he would have. Now it's just hoping they won't leave it at this and will show more of his background and what made him change his mind.
I wonder if the ghost girl is the Regalia that Yato killed in the past?
Jan 26, 2014 3:51 PM

Jul 2009
lol when they replaced the girl's face with hiyori.
cant wait till things get serious.
yato seems like a bad ass.
Jan 26, 2014 4:20 PM

Jul 2012
The free fall was sssssssssssssssssssooooooooooooooooooo long.

A bit of Yato's past has been revealed I wonder what will happen next.

Great episode!!!
Jan 26, 2014 4:24 PM
Oct 2012
Excellent episode, loved the turned to the darker side combined with some very good humor.

In a Japan that has a pacifistic constitution, what would a war god do? He would have to find some new worshipers somewhere.

So Nora, my guess is that she is the regalia that he killed, that is why she had the ghost headband; most likely she enjoyed killing a bit too much, and that her insanity both prompted Yato to stop being a war god and was why he had to "kill" her. I am going to be curious to see if we find out just who made the request that Yato fulfilled. Two distinct possibilities are Nobunaga or one of the Meiji leaders.

It would be awesome if Yato was formerly associated with one of the pre WWII shrines, or even Yasukuni, though I doubt this show will get that specific.

Anyway, nice episode really raised my expectations for this show.
Jan 26, 2014 4:24 PM

Jul 2012
Omg I can't even with this show. It goes from unbelievably funny to downright creepy. It also manages to pull off an episodic plot while still foreshadowing the overall main plot that will happen later on. Damn!

Is Yusuke voiced by Miyano Mamoru? It sounded like him.

Looking forward to next episode~ Those previews LOL
Jan 26, 2014 4:30 PM

Aug 2013
That long fall was great. They were so calm while having a conversation, you'd think they'd at least be a little concerned about the nearing ground.
wow gay
Jan 26, 2014 4:31 PM

May 2013
Awesome episode.

That was one long ass drop, loving the way that guy was going along with Yato xD
Yato being the God of War, now that's an insane god.
Loving the flashbacks part, Yato looking all badass in the robes and such.
Jan 26, 2014 4:42 PM

Jan 2009
3:57 yato's rape face

12:04 yato's annoying personality

20:16 yato's past… series finally starts getting good

------------------
Overall:
1. Hate Yato's personality cuz it's 80% goof ball-ish. He doesn't take things seriously.

2. The characters had a 7 minute free fall dialogue with a suicidal dude… how believable.

3. The case they helped solved was quick and a waste of time. More focus should've been put in yato's past & the other characters.

4. The cast needs to STOP DOING THESE SMALL BULLSHIT CASES AND DO JOBS THAT ARE RELATED TO THE STORY. DOING THESE SMALL JOBS DOESN'T HELP THE STORY CUZ THEY END FAST AND DON’T' HAVE TIME TO DEVELOP. SERIES LIKE THIS ARE JUST SHALLOW. THEY'RE WONDERING AROUND WITH NO MAIN GOAL IN MIND.

1/10
Jan 26, 2014 4:47 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
AnimeFan500 said:
So her full name is Noragami??????

No "nora" just means stray, and that's what Yato calls her. It'll be explained later on what it means to be a stray.

This episode was pretty funny with the fall and all, but I guess it was just to explain that Kofuku is the god of poverty. Not a bad anime original content, but wasn't what I expected either with the small episode count. Yato in the flashback was awesome though, and Yukine was adorable when being praised by Daikoku.
Jan 26, 2014 4:47 PM
Nov 2010
Great episode :)
Jan 26, 2014 4:50 PM

Dec 2012
The laws of physics be damned in this episode. Finally starting to get into the link between the title and story. :)
Jan 26, 2014 4:51 PM

Oct 2013
That fall tho :O

I don't think after plotting your death that you want it to end slowly like this... It was a good informative episode.
"A cruel world is not without it's beauty, and many times a select few find it by mistake. Only then do those select few see the world for what it is... A disastrous masterpiece." ~ 7thVoid

"Hates a river that only flows down." ~ 7thVoid
Jan 26, 2014 5:03 PM

Jul 2013
So...Yato turnes out to be some kind of badass, scary as crap, awesome character. Yukine cute as ever, and Daisuke Ono going full testosteron voice kicking Izaya's butt, and we have some psycho girl showing up...

Where the hell is the next episode Yato-dammit!
Jan 26, 2014 5:11 PM

Apr 2011
Mortemis said:
Yato = Gintoki? Used to be a badass samurai, killed tons of people. Now is a lazy bum doing odd jobs. ;D

I was thinking the same thing!

They also both have that secret seriousness hidden beneath all the comical jokes and high value of human life :)
TheTwinGardenersJan 26, 2014 5:14 PM
Jan 26, 2014 5:17 PM

Nov 2013
Minor changes to the OP but it's still good.
Dat long fall. Funny as hell. Also good to see more of Hiyori's special moves, I liked sushi roll kick more though.
So Yukine has a crush on Hiyori, who has a crush on Yato, who is Kofuku's 'boyfriend.' Not to mention that near kiss between Yato and Nora in the OP.
Yato = Kenshin?
If this doesn't get a second season I'll fly to Japan and beat the crap out of the staff at Bones. Seriously, 12 episodes is far from enough.
Jan 26, 2014 5:19 PM

Jul 2011
TheTwinGardeners said:
Mortemis said:

They also both have that secret seriousness hidden beneath all the comical jokes and high value of human life :)

Eh? I would say Kenshin...
Jan 26, 2014 5:33 PM

Jul 2010
This is sooo good.I want more.

ainky said:
TheTwinGardeners said:
Mortemis said:

Eh? I would say Kenshin...
Your anime list says you have only seen 23 episodes of Gintama? if thats true then you know almost nothing about Gin, who is definitely more similair to Yato than Kenshin.

Kannei said:
Gintoki and yato the same.... oh please, now your pushing a lil to far yato is nothing like gin // yato kicks ass what the other doesn't

I love noragami and not gintama
GIN doesnt kick ass? someone has been sleeping while watching Gintama i see... go rewatch it and if you didnt see it at first place dont speak like you know something you dont.
incompleteAEGISJan 26, 2014 11:15 PM
Jan 26, 2014 5:53 PM

Oct 2013
I can't tell if I hate or like Kofuku. Her chara design is very desirable, though. But it was mostly that last scene (where she was suddenly serious and mature looking) that made me kind of lean on the "like" scale. Daikoku was an instant like, though. He's pretty cool.

And dammit, Yato has no sense of style. Who the hell ditches samurai clothes (forgive my ignorance but I have no idea what they're called) for a jersey? THAT IDIOT.

Nora is interesting... I haven't read the manga, so I have no idea about her, but those brands... damn. It's all I can manage to say. Damn.
Jan 26, 2014 6:05 PM
Oct 2012
Kirioko said:
And dammit, Yato has no sense of style. Who the hell ditches samurai clothes (forgive my ignorance but I have no idea what they're called) for a jersey? THAT IDIOT.

Would it help if you thought of it as an "image change". Yato is trying to turn over a new leaf and stop being a warring god of destruction, it sort of would help achieve this goal if he wasn't still dressed as one....
Jan 26, 2014 6:06 PM

Feb 2011
Based Bones again :3 Never fails to deliver.
Jan 26, 2014 6:40 PM

Apr 2013
Yato really reminded me about Himura Kenshin...

Awesome falling scene.

Good episode.
Jan 26, 2014 6:45 PM
Jul 2013
It was not like the previous episodes but the story and the final was very good.

Yato want sex: http://i44.tinypic.com/2i9p4r9.jpg
Jan 26, 2014 7:03 PM

Oct 2013
Dumb question here. Actually two. Would I be right to say when Hiyori's spirit leaves her body it goes into a dormant like state? If so then, would her body age slower/if at all during these occurrences?
"A cruel world is not without it's beauty, and many times a select few find it by mistake. Only then do those select few see the world for what it is... A disastrous masterpiece." ~ 7thVoid

"Hates a river that only flows down." ~ 7thVoid
Jan 26, 2014 7:08 PM

Feb 2012
This show has now received my attention.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 26, 2014 7:15 PM
Oct 2012
7thVoid said:
Dumb question here. Actually two. Would I be right to say when Hiyori's spirit leaves her body it goes into a dormant like state? If so then, would her body age slower/if at all during these occurrences?

Humm, I have no idea, but logically (in a world where god exists, and people leave their body), she should age during this time because only her consciousness is detached.

This is why if her tail is severed she would die holds true. It isn't as if she has entered a dormant state, rather that her consciousness has entered something akin to the Astral Plain.
Jan 26, 2014 7:30 PM
Luny Tunes

Feb 2012
Free faaaaaalliiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnggggggggg~~ How tall was that building anyway? >.> But the entire falling scene was hilarious though. xD And I like Kofuku. :3
Jan 26, 2014 7:44 PM

Aug 2013
Haha longest fall ever.

Hiyori's pasted face was a nice touch too XD!

Yato mooching off money from the Binbougami lmao. Kofuku, you're not supposed to hand over money. Haven't you learned anything from Momiji or Bin-chan?

So I'm guessing that's the regalia Yato killed?
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Jan 26, 2014 8:06 PM

Sep 2012
Great episode to introduce the new characters. Looks like next episode will be back on track.
Jan 26, 2014 9:05 PM

Nov 2012
God of War !! Totally love Yato in hakama.... I hope he will wear it again some time later!

So hilarious and dark at the same time, love this anime so much!
Your so-called peaceful world makes me bored, so don't blame me if I destroy all of it.
- http://worldinverse.smackjeeves.com
Jan 26, 2014 9:06 PM

Jul 2013
billybob300c said:

2. The characters had a 7 minute free fall dialogue with a suicidal dude… how believable.

It was a joke, why are you taking it seriously?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 26, 2014 9:06 PM

Oct 2013
Pretty interestin god you are Mr. Yato
Jan 26, 2014 9:07 PM

Sep 2013
Without a doubt, best episode so far!
Newbie Blogger: http://animetaru.wordpress.com/

You know it's funny how freedom can make us feel contained
Yeah When the muscles in our legs aren't used to all the walking...
Jan 26, 2014 9:16 PM
Jun 2013
Typing the name of this show into Tumblr would not be a good idea.
Jan 26, 2014 9:21 PM
Mar 2009
Gotta agree with Yukine this episode. That was one long fall and the insanity in all of it was hilarious. Hahaha, this show blends comedy so well into the "serious" moments.

Unlike last episode, we actually got some tidbits of backstory. Definitely interested to see what Yato was like in the past. And why Daikoku said it was kill or be killed for gods; it's not like the present time period is much different for obscure gods.

Haha, our little Hiyori here seems to be falling for Yato.
Jan 26, 2014 9:30 PM

Sep 2012
the God of War, huh?
Jan 26, 2014 9:43 PM

Jan 2013
Really great episode.
Very funny, and there were good serious scenes too.
Jan 26, 2014 10:00 PM

Sep 2011
Another fun episode. I don't know how well this series will do in DVD/Blu-ray sales in Japan, but I'll be crossing my fingers for a second season.
Jan 26, 2014 10:06 PM

Jul 2012
That was a pretty long fall.

Not bad, the humor and the seriousness mix pretty well.
My Anime Blog: http://www.Entravity.com/
Episodic overviews of the latest anime.

Jan 26, 2014 10:08 PM
Nov 2013
Yukine is such a sassy bitch.
Yato cracks me up and Hiyori is kawaii as always.
This is definitely going to end up being my favorite of the 2014 winter anime. I really hope this sells well so we get a second season, if Free can get one, so can this! COME ON JAPAN
Jan 26, 2014 10:28 PM
Sep 2013
I love this episode! It seems like a nice resting episode, with the comedy and stuff and then at the end it went back to action. That's cool with me :) And is it me or is there something different about the opening? Or am I thinking too much....
Jan 26, 2014 10:28 PM

Dec 2012
yeah I'm loving the Yato and Yukine interactions ^////^
Jan 26, 2014 10:36 PM

Jul 2013
Yato is full of mytery

very funny episode
Jan 26, 2014 10:38 PM

Jul 2013
Ahh this episode is such a win because of Aki Toyosaki's voice alone <3

Damn that Kofuku, I thought that guy got scammed but it turns out that she's a binbougami XD

Hiyori's pasted face was priceless and that damn long fall, you'd thought that guy fell from Burj Khalifa lol..

Didn't expect Nora to be voiced by Rie Kumigiya.. it looks like this time her character is a yandere instead
Jan 26, 2014 11:09 PM

Jul 2012
The preview says it might take a few episodes, but I hope the seriousness from the end of this episode keeps up. Sadly in the minority of not enjoying the comedy of this series all too much :(
Jan 26, 2014 11:43 PM

Apr 2012
"he smells so nice!" lol didnt think that would be a line i would hear in this anime tho i guess a god would smell nice or maybe just a crush
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Noragami Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 23, 2014

520 by TsutanaiFuun »»
Sep 16, 7:55 AM

» Revealed 10th Anniversary Projects!

nirererin - Aug 10

10 by bck108 »»
Aug 11, 6:17 AM

Poll: » Noragami Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 9, 2014

235 by brunoyilli »»
Jul 10, 8:36 AM

Poll: » Noragami Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Jan 12, 2014

302 by brunoyilli »»
Jul 8, 5:53 PM

Poll: » Noragami Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 9, 2014

210 by SecoAct »»
Jul 7, 3:01 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.