Forum Settings
Forums

2019 Anime Watching Challenge - Discussion (OPEN until DEC 15)

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (48) « First ... « 10 11 [12] 13 14 » ... Last »
Jan 16, 2019 8:33 PM

May 2017
Bialga said:
Can I get a recommendation for:

(N.02) Watch an anime with 10 or more episodes that are each 15 minutes or less

(N.27) Watch an active staff member's favorite anime with 10 episodes or more

Ani ni Tsukeru Kusuri wa Nai!
Bananya
Bernard-jou Iwaku
Cheating Craft
Hataraku Onii-san!

As for the active staff member favourite anime, you can choose from the people listed here and find something you might be interested in

Hope that helps ^^

Edit: Whoops, sorry I see that you got some responses for this already!

Digoligo said:
Sorry if already asked, i gave a quick look on this topic but didnt find the answer.

1- When said "Watch an anime...", are Movies, OVAs and ONAs, eligible within the challenge?
2- Are multiple entries from the same series allowed? (for example fate/zero in "watch an mythology/timetravel anime", and fate/zero 2nd season in "watch anime that aired between 2010-2015")

1] Yes, as long as they fit the listed criteria.
2] Yes, you can use anime from the same series.
AeradaeJan 16, 2019 8:38 PM
Jan 16, 2019 8:38 PM
Oct 2017
Digoligo said:
Sorry if already asked, i gave a quick look on this topic but didnt find the answer.

1- When said "Watch an anime...", are Movies, OVAs and ONAs, eligible within the challenge?
2- Are multiple entries from the same series allowed? (for example fate/zero in "watch an mythology/timetravel anime", and fate/zero 2nd season in "watch anime that aired between 2010-2015")

Yes, movies and stuff are allowed unless it's specified "an OVA" or something. :)
And yes, as long as they have different links on the database. :)
Jan 16, 2019 9:45 PM

Aug 2018
Am I allowed to use this for the full english title one on novice difficulty?

https://myanimelist.net/anime/31704/One_Punch_Man__Road_to_Hero
Jan 16, 2019 9:49 PM

Aug 2018
AC9123 said:
Yes, movies and stuff are allowed unless it's specified "an OVA" or something. :)

What do you mean by that? So if I use an OVA its fine but if the title says “[ANIME_TITLE] the OVA” I can’t use it?
Jan 16, 2019 9:59 PM
Oct 2017
Rimzyy said:
AC9123 said:

What do you mean by that? So if I use an OVA its fine but if the title says “[ANIME_TITLE] the OVA” I can’t use it?

No, you can use anything. Including OVAs. If it says you need to use an OVA, you must use an OVA, otherwise it doesn't matter.
Hope that makes more sense.
Jan 16, 2019 10:05 PM

May 2017
Rimzyy said:

It should be fine, as those are all English words and no character names are used.
Jan 16, 2019 10:07 PM
Oct 2017
Rimzyy said:

TOTALLY
"One" is English, "Punch" is English, "Man" is English.
I regret starting watching anime late 2018 now... Man I could have used so many of those...
Jan 16, 2019 10:17 PM

May 2013
Rimzyy said:
AC9123 said:

You can watch any anime on myanimelist for the challenges EXCEPT for when a challenge item specifically asks you to watch a movie/OVA/ONA/etc
Jan 17, 2019 1:37 AM

Mar 2018
I have a question about this one, as it's sort of unclear

(N.14) Watch an anime with more than 16 minutes per episode and a score of or above 8.00

Is there a difference between "more than 16 mins per episode" here and others where it says "more than 16 mins in total"? It doesn't give an episode min/max count, so I put a movie for this, but given it specifies episodes, I'm unsure of whether or not I'm supposed to watch a series.

Edit: Also, am I supposed to delete tasks I don't use for the challenge? I don't want to make it confusing for anyone checking, is all.
FactoriesFarAwayJan 17, 2019 1:40 AM

Jan 17, 2019 4:52 AM

May 2015
Hello.
I have a question
(N.05) Watch a listed noitaminA or YATP series
If it goes about fifth task, i am obligated to watch all series from one year from noitamina/yatp or choose one anime listed in the year?
My english isn't very good but I think we can cooperate.
Invite if you'd like to meet me a little bit closer
From time to time leave your message in comment ☻

There are walls that can't be broken by power alone.
But if there is a power that can break though those walls,
it's a power of feelings.
~ Mavis

There are people in this world who prefer solitude.
But there is no one who can withstand it.
~ Makarov

Jan 17, 2019 5:09 AM
Jul 2013
DeTry said:
Hello.
I have a question
(N.05) Watch a listed noitaminA or YATP series
If it goes about fifth task, i am obligated to watch all series from one year from noitamina/yatp or choose one anime listed in the year?

Only one anime needs to watched per challenge item.
Jan 17, 2019 5:38 AM

May 2013
FactoriesFarAway said:
I have a question about this one, as it's sort of unclear

(N.14) Watch an anime with more than 16 minutes per episode and a score of or above 8.00

Is there a difference between "more than 16 mins per episode" here and others where it says "more than 16 mins in total"? It doesn't give an episode min/max count, so I put a movie for this, but given it specifies episodes, I'm unsure of whether or not I'm supposed to watch a series.

Edit: Also, am I supposed to delete tasks I don't use for the challenge? I don't want to make it confusing for anyone checking, is all.

"more than 16 mins per episode" - means for every episode in an anime, that episode must be longer than 16 minutes (movies usually have 1 episode)
"more than 16 mins in total" - means in total, all the episodes durations combined should be over 16 minutes

As long as the movie you chose is over 16 minutes in duration and has a score of at least 8.00, you are good.
Also I think you should remove tasks you are not using (that's what im doing too).
Jan 17, 2019 6:38 AM
Aug 2017
Can you recommend me an anime for the challenge? Anything will do
Jan 17, 2019 6:43 AM

Jan 2011
Weirdo47 said:
Can you recommend me an anime for the challenge? Anything will do

I recommend:
Baccano!
Banana Fish
ACCA
Joker Game
Angel Beats

^^

Jan 17, 2019 9:08 AM

Aug 2015
I have a question
Can you use more than the specified amount in a section?
For instance, if you needed to complete 20 anime for Novice, are you allowed to watch 21 or more?
Sorry if it's confusing
Thanks for any help! :D
Jan 17, 2019 9:20 AM

Aug 2015
Greetings, I need a recommendation for this challenge item:

(Ap.29) Watch an anime recommended to you in the challenge discussion thread.

Preferably a TV series that began airing between 2010 and 2015; thanks in advance.
Jan 17, 2019 9:27 AM
Jul 2013
Puchkov said:

Preferably a TV series that began airing between 2010 and 2015; thanks in advance.

AnoHana, Another or Kiseijuu.

The first two are one cour.
Jan 17, 2019 9:36 AM

Jun 2014
7kaneki7 said:
I have a question
For instance, if you needed to complete 20 anime for Novice, are you allowed to watch 21 or more?
Sorry if it's confusing

Yes you can but if your 20 other items are valid I think it has no meaning.

About the Ap.01 item: Watch a stand-alone OVA, Does https://myanimelist.net/anime/33263/Kubikiri_Cycle__Aoiro_Savant_to_Zaregototsukai count ? It has something in the related section but it's some music so...
Jan 17, 2019 10:10 AM

Jul 2014
7kaneki7 said:
I have a question
Sorry if it's confusing
Yes, you can, but all additional items (not required by section) must be in a separate spoiler tag.

Dysp said:
About the Ap.01 item: Watch a stand-alone OVA, Does https://myanimelist.net/anime/33263/Kubikiri_Cycle__Aoiro_Savant_to_Zaregototsukai count ? It has something in the related section but it's some music so...
Unfortunately this one won't be valid.
Jan 17, 2019 11:25 AM

Mar 2011
Puchkov said:

Katanagatari is a good pick from your PTW list. Go for it!

Jan 17, 2019 11:37 AM
Oct 2017
Hi everyone! I have a question. Is Tokyo Ghoul good for this one?
(N.26) Watch an anime with a full English title

Thanks! :)
Jan 17, 2019 12:37 PM

Jan 2013
Plaxsin said:
Puchkov said:

Katanagatari is a good pick from your PTW list. Go for it!

Yes Yes and YES!
It's a great anime, aboslutely loved it!
Jan 17, 2019 1:01 PM

Mar 2007
Question about 17 - Watch an anime with a main character that is a professional in their field

Would Hakase from Nichijou count for this?
You've come a long way, baby.
Jan 17, 2019 1:10 PM

Oct 2007
AC9123 said:
Hi everyone! I have a question. Is Tokyo Ghoul good for this one?
(N.26) Watch an anime with a full English title

Thanks! :)

Yes, I used it in last year's challenge for the same category.
Jan 17, 2019 1:13 PM

Feb 2015
Kimura said:
Question about 17 - Watch an anime with a main character that is a professional in their field

Would Hakase from Nichijou count for this?

After checking the wikia and wikipedia, it doesn't seem that she has a work. I can only guess that it's never explained how she gets funds, so it would be safer to choose something else.
Jan 17, 2019 6:20 PM

Jan 2019
Hi everyone, this is my first post.

I create this account this year so l add all the animes l watched in row. How l can participate in this challenge now? (Some animes l watch this year like (the sesonal animes etc... but others l already watch in other time).

KShuXInoriJan 17, 2019 7:32 PM

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Jan 17, 2019 7:34 PM
Oct 2017
KShuXInori said:
Hi everyone, this is my first post.

I create this account this year so l add all the animes l watched in row. How l can participate in this challenge now?

You go to the sign up thread, copy the sign up link, post a new reply in the sign up forum thread, and then you follow the instructions (written in the code / rules / stuff)

uh, hope that helps?

[url=https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1759336]Sign Up thread]
for the codes just ctrl/command f and search "sign up codes"
click the button for novice and copy and paste everything to put in your post
Jan 17, 2019 7:48 PM

Jan 2019

Thanks, l was in dout how, if l can entery in challenge since l put 2000 anime in this january...
That helps!

Jan 17, 2019 7:52 PM
Oct 2017
KShuXInori said:

Thanks, l was in dout how, if l can entery in challenge since l put 2000 anime in this january...
That helps!

Oof
Watch Sailor Moon or something
it's not on your list

xD
Maybe you can ask around in the forum for recommendations for some of those.
I guess if you've watched anything starting from January... though... :')

Watch some uh, random unknown anime that no one's ever heard of before XD
Jan 17, 2019 8:00 PM

Jan 2019

I think l am gona do that, or serch continues of my animes watch for complete... since l dont think l watch all OVA/ONA movie etc...

One thing the sesonal animes l start to watch this january can count even do the signing now? And about Challenge Start Date put the date today or 1 january?

Jan 17, 2019 8:12 PM

Feb 2015
KShuXInori said:
One thing the sesonal animes l start to watch this january can count even do the signing now? And about Challenge Start Date put the date today or 1 january?

For the 1st question:
FAQ: Item 10 said:
"If I signed up / started the challenge in x month, can I use anime I previously watched during the year for this challenge?"
Yes. You can use any anime you started watching during the challenge period (January 1, 2019 - December 15, 2019) regardless of when you posted your sign-up form. Do remember to state the start date the same as the one for the earliest watched anime.

For the 2nd question.
Signing Up: Item 3 said:
The "Challenge Start Date" shouldn't be today's date, but the date of your first completed and used anime for the challenge, regardless of when you post your sign up form.
Jan 17, 2019 8:20 PM

Jan 2019
Nezperdian said:
KShuXInori said:

For the 1st question:
FAQ: Item 10 said:
"If I signed up / started the challenge in x month, can I use anime I previously watched during the year for this challenge?"
Yes. You can use any anime you started watching during the challenge period (January 1, 2019 - December 15, 2019) regardless of when you posted your sign-up form. Do remember to state the start date the same as the one for the earliest watched anime.

For the 2nd question.
Signing Up: Item 3 said:
The "Challenge Start Date" shouldn't be today's date, but the date of your first completed and used anime for the challenge, regardless of when you post your sign up form.

I just have read that 2 yours ago again and forget again...

thanks Nezperdian, l think for no trouble is better start the challenge today even l already watch a good amount of animes this year...

Jan 17, 2019 10:02 PM

Jan 2014
AWC_mod said:
Pasting it here since it has been a frequent question. This has been added as note to the Turning In section, on the How to Participate post of the sign up thread.

What happens if I have an invalid item after turning in?
  -- If during the inspection of your challenge we find an invalid (an anime that doesn't fit the item requirements), you will be asked to either:
   -- Replace the item for another not used WITH the same anime
   -- Replace the anime with another watched during the time period of that section
  -- In case you don't have any valid anime for this or any unused item during that section time period, you will be allowed to watch a new anime for the same item you had the invalid, after your Challenge Finish Date (date of the last watched anime for the challenge).

Okay just wanted to clarify this curiosity of mine; so based on what AWC_mod posted a few pages back this means if at the final tier of the challenge when I turn in my form there are some items that are invalid and I have no suitable other anime entries to replace it during that period; then I can start watching a different entry to fit those invalid items as long as they are watched after my turn in date and the other tier items will not be invalid for not being watched in chronological order correct?

Just want to make sure I understand this process and I will aim to make certain each tier entries are as accurate as possible but mistakes can happen! Anyway I hope my questions are not too confusing!

Jan 17, 2019 11:32 PM

Jul 2014
Animated_Amateur said:
AWC_mod said:
Pasting it here since it has been a frequent question. This has been added as note to the Turning In section, on the How to Participate post of the sign up thread.

What happens if I have an invalid item after turning in?
  -- If during the inspection of your challenge we find an invalid (an anime that doesn't fit the item requirements), you will be asked to either:
   -- Replace the item for another not used WITH the same anime
   -- Replace the anime with another watched during the time period of that section
  -- In case you don't have any valid anime for this or any unused item during that section time period, you will be allowed to watch a new anime for the same item you had the invalid, after your Challenge Finish Date (date of the last watched anime for the challenge).

Okay just wanted to clarify this curiosity of mine; so based on what AWC_mod posted a few pages back this means if at the final tier of the challenge when I turn in my form there are some items that are invalid and I have no suitable other anime entries to replace it during that period; then I can start watching a different entry to fit those invalid items as long as they are watched after my turn in date and the other tier items will not be invalid for not being watched in chronological order correct
Yes, it means exactly that.

(character limit)
Jan 18, 2019 12:11 AM

Jan 2014
mozgow said:
Animated_Amateur said:

Okay just wanted to clarify this curiosity of mine; so based on what AWC_mod posted a few pages back this means if at the final tier of the challenge when I turn in my form there are some items that are invalid and I have no suitable other anime entries to replace it during that period; then I can start watching a different entry to fit those invalid items as long as they are watched after my turn in date and the other tier items will not be invalid for not being watched in chronological order correct
Yes, it means exactly that.

(character limit)

Thank you so much for clearing that up and putting any doubts I had to rest! I hope your day is going well ^-^/

Jan 18, 2019 5:15 AM

Mar 2016
(Ap.06) Watch an anime by a studio you haven't seen anything from

Does this mean that after I watched something from this studio, I can't watch any other one from them until I turn in my challenge?

Jan 18, 2019 5:21 AM

Jul 2014
YayakoChii said:
(Ap.06) Watch an anime by a studio you haven't seen anything from

Does this mean that after I watched something from this studio, I can't watch any other one from them until I turn in my challenge?
No. It means you can't have anime from that studio on your list prior to watching the anime for this item. You are free to watch more afterwards but be advised to update watching start and finish dates as this is the only way for us to verify that it was the first anime you've seen from that studio.
Jan 18, 2019 5:24 AM

Mar 2016
mozgow said:
No. It means you can't have anime from that studio on your list prior to watching the anime for this item. You are free to watch more afterwards but be advised to update watching start and finish dates as this is the only way for us to verify that it was the first anime you've seen from that studio.

Oh, I see. Thanks for the reply. :) :)

Jan 18, 2019 7:08 PM
Oct 2016
Does Hanamonogatari count as a separate anime or is it a part of monogatari: second season and not usable on its own for the challenge?
Jan 18, 2019 7:49 PM

Jan 2014
I made a simple set of banners if anyone wants to use them. @AWC_Mod

Jan 18, 2019 7:58 PM

Nov 2014
hinatafan2o said:
Does Hanamonogatari count as a separate anime or is it a part of monogatari: second season and not usable on its own for the challenge?
Hanamonogatari is listed as its own entry separate from Monogatari: Second Season, so you're good to use it on its own.
Jan 19, 2019 12:50 AM

Jul 2009
For my challenge list, am I allowed to remove the ones I decide not to do? I just wasn't sure because it says "31 total items" above it in the post so idk if all 31 have to stay in the form.
Jan 19, 2019 2:56 AM
Oct 2017
I would like to ask what exactly is "original" anime? For example thr one im watching now: https://myanimelist.net/anime/35839/Sora_yori_mo_Tooi_Basho has a related manga with the same name and story but for source it says original? At first i thought it means anime that is not adapted from manga but now im confused
Jan 19, 2019 3:30 AM

Sep 2009
Talim said:
For my challenge list, am I allowed to remove the ones I decide not to do? I just wasn't sure because it says "31 total items" above it in the post so idk if all 31 have to stay in the form.

Yeah, you're supposed to remove the ones you're not using. ^^

TitaniaErza105 said:
I would like to ask what exactly is "original" anime? For example thr one im watching now: https://myanimelist.net/anime/35839/Sora_yori_mo_Tooi_Basho has a related manga with the same name and story but for source it says original? At first i thought it means anime that is not adapted from manga but now im confused

If the source states 'Original' that's ok, doesn't matter if there's a related manga. So Sora yori is ok for this item. ;)
Jan 19, 2019 5:29 AM

Oct 2014
TitaniaErza105 said:
Original just means any anime not adapted from something else like a manga or light novel or visual novel like a lot of anime. I know there are anime like angel beats or psycho pass which started as anime and got manga adaptations later. I'm also seeing several series from the precure franchise listed as original. I think any anime that says original in the source on its page is valid for this challenge item.
Jan 19, 2019 5:57 AM

Aug 2017
"Watch an anime with more than 16 minutes per episode and a score of or above 8.00"

Can be a movie?
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Jan 19, 2019 6:24 AM

May 2013
Nurguburu said:
"Watch an anime with more than 16 minutes per episode and a score of or above 8.00"

Can be a movie?

Yes it can be a movie. From the FAQ on page 1:
"If it says watch an anime, can I use a movie/ONA/Special/OVA for that item?"
Unless otherwise stated, you can use any type of anime for the items.
Jan 19, 2019 6:45 AM

May 2011
Got a question about a challenge under the Novice section.

(N.17) Watch an anime with a main character that is a professional in their field

Would Gintoki count? His job is listed as "Yorozuya/Odd Jobs" on his character page and he technically gets paid to do this. xD

If not, then does the challenge ask for a more orthodox professional field?
Jan 19, 2019 6:48 AM
Dreamcatcher

Aug 2013
Nurguburu said:

Can be a movie?
As long as it is 16 minutes long at least.
Jan 19, 2019 6:51 AM

Apr 2015
"Watch an anime by a director that made one of your Favorite Anime"

Would it be possible to use Kiyotaka Oshiyama and watch Flip Flappers, which he directed, with Devilman Crybaby as one of my favorites, where he directed only 2 episodes?

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (48) « First ... « 10 11 [12] 13 14 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Do you self-insert? ( 1 2 )

ateks - Sep 7, 2022

78 by Flick_on »»
33 seconds ago

» What's a period of anime you miss and have lots of nostalgia for?

TheBlockernator - 3 hours ago

4 by Nurguburu »»
4 minutes ago

» If ONE Piece is this long, imagine if this was 100 piece

jhzs0029 - Jun 15

25 by 8oomer »»
12 minutes ago

» Would you watch gender swapped Mushoku Tensei?

rohan121 - 3 hours ago

14 by rohan121 »»
14 minutes ago

» Would you quit Anime if Anime caters to the West?

Dragevard - Jun 15

44 by SwordBreaker36 »»
50 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.