Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Nov 15, 2013 9:56 AM

Nov 2008
Quite a bit of foreshadowing here.. Promise to protect them.. the thing with the flame.. - So would they direct line descendants? (youd think everyone would be really if they are going with the one woman made a family with the god theory) But it seems they are 'special' [Nice to see the real growth in Hikari because really I couldn't stand him earlier in the series. ]

It seems the Akari bit is more or less resolved now also.. but I wonder what Uroko was speaking of..
Nov 15, 2013 10:37 AM

May 2013
While i do understand why keeping the people of the in the sea, theyre doing it the wrong way. also id like to know about other colonies of sea ppl whats up with them, and why is there so little people in shioshio
Nov 15, 2013 12:03 PM

Jun 2013
Hoooo... so Hikari and Akari are "his" descendants eh? Now you have my full attention :)

This show is beautiful in both art and OST... there's only one thing that gets on my nerves though and that would be Manaka. I really like Hanazawa's voice, but this particular character just annoys me so much its not even funny.
Nov 15, 2013 12:25 PM
Nov 2013
Man this feeling...love triangle and the battle to love...this anime..one of the best anime this seasons gotta offer...I just hope this ends with everyone being happy ahah..but man the storm is just coming..and that power haha freeze the whole town..
Nov 15, 2013 12:39 PM

Dec 2011
_DoctorWho_ said:
and why is there so little people in shioshio

Because people can (and do) leave, but noone can enter and those who leave can never come back.

With that situation the only way to maintain population would be to have a very high birth rate to counteract the inevitable losses. And by the time we've reached the situation in the anime, it's far too late for that.
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Nov 15, 2013 1:06 PM

Dec 2012
Liking what I've seen so far! Can't wait for more :D
Nov 15, 2013 1:20 PM

Dec 2008
Damn, those adults!!! Talk about grown-ups behaving badly!! They just totally overlooked the fact that the Ofunehiki was for the children. Instead, they made it all about themselves and their hang-ups from years ago. I felt so bad for the kids when Ojoshi-sama was destroyed. Not one adult even apologized for the arguments that resulted in its destruction. Sad!

What the hell is up with Hikari and Akari's dad? He would rather see his daughter broken-hearted, than happily being with the one she loves? He's definitely NOT a candidate for Father of the Year.

Uroko's powers are incredible, and so was that animation! But, Uroko pissed me off as well, because he was willing to freeze Hikari and Akari to death, than let them leave Shioshishio. That's not my definition of protection. At least their father did one thing right when he asked Uroko to show them mercy.
Hannah_AnaNov 15, 2013 1:28 PM
Nov 15, 2013 1:39 PM

Aug 2013
I want to cry all the work was for nothing :"| , I knew he'd leave his dad and go to the surface .

LCWS | SCS | TCO | NC | DNC
Nov 15, 2013 2:31 PM

Jul 2013
Great episode. I felt really sorry for Hikari's dad. He is about to be abandoned by his son and daughter, which was everything he had left in his life. He must have felt terrible.

This show just keeps getting better and better. Probably the nicest thing in the episode is how now you can see how much Hikari has grown so far, which is amazing and I liked that.
Nov 15, 2013 3:04 PM

Jun 2011
great episode
Nov 15, 2013 5:33 PM

Nov 2012
no.. the doll has been destroyed again :/
ah those guys :(
and hikari and akari will go to up now.. nice choice :3
and that uroko-sama's power!
Nov 15, 2013 6:38 PM

Aug 2013
Grrrr, Manaka and Tsumugu again, I hate their scenes together.
Ahhhhh! their ofunehiki is in a pinchi! Their hardwork was for nothing, that's frustrating.

I want to see more of Manaka and hii-kun together!
Nov 15, 2013 6:48 PM

Jun 2013
I love how the series keeps getting more focused :)
Nov 15, 2013 8:01 PM

Dec 2011
Whoa, Akari and Hikari are cutting their ties on the sea???
I wonder what is the reason Uroko-sama made with their ancestors? Can't wait to see what is that about.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 15, 2013 8:17 PM

Jul 2010
A lot of questions ahead. But the main question will remains, what the hell Hikari's dad is hiding?

Also, thanks to Hikari this anime is bearable.
Nov 15, 2013 8:45 PM

Nov 2012
"I'll grant your and Tsumugu's wish." Really like the effort that Hikari is putting into the Wooden Maiden,even though I still sense a bit of jealous in this.

"Could you possibly spare me a moment of your time?" Lol at Kanane's appeal.

"We're not fish,and they're not pigs!" Such development since episode 1.

Wooden Maiden destroyed.The adult were idiots,they were acting like kids while the kids were acting like adults.

"His descendants." The sea god's descendants?

Animation during that last scene was great.Was getting abit emotion when Uroko-sama tried to stop them but since they had such strong resolve the made it through.Really wasn't expecting Hikari to leave too.

Dat pv,Hikari and Chisaki blushing,possible confession,idk seems a bit early for one.
Nov 15, 2013 10:03 PM
Jul 2012
I'm surprised at how much my impression of Hikari has changed within only a few episodes. He's definitely acting much more mature (especially more than those other adults) and is becoming one of my favourite MCs of the season.
This show's art is also stunning with the whirlpool ice storm and just general backgrounds are really pretty to look at.
My anime blog
Ganebare Anime
Nov 15, 2013 10:13 PM

Dec 2012
Great episode. Hikari is really becoming more mature as the show goes on.
Quite sad that Akari and Hikari are leaving the sea and their dad behind.
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Nov 15, 2013 11:22 PM

Feb 2012
man, that meeting really annoyed me =-= why is it always in shows like this that the completely stupid, bull headed guys that only care about their pride become representatives -.- I hope the father dies soon~
Nov 16, 2013 12:03 AM

Jul 2012
Great episode. Hikari is really maturing fast, but that's a good thing. I didn't like how childish he was in the beginning, but then again, he is only in middle school lol Now the adults are the ones acting like their kids! I love how this anime is getting much deeper into the racism aspect. I'm really looking forward to seeing how the future episodes are going to play out :)
Nov 16, 2013 12:09 AM

Aug 2012
It's really nice how Hikari matured so much. Sad to see that people dropped this over him being bratty for a few episodes.
Nov 16, 2013 12:22 AM
Mar 2010
Just amazing. Really well done, PA Works.
Check out the News Club for daily rankings, discussion on future CD and BD releases, manga and novels. New members are welcome!
Nov 16, 2013 1:02 AM

Sep 2012
Will they fix it again? :O
Nov 16, 2013 2:17 AM

Sep 2011
Amazing episode. Just goes to show you that adults are stubborn bitches, too, but that's pretty obvious :D.

Can't wait to see the next episode!
Nov 16, 2013 3:11 AM

Jul 2013
Eh they seriously need to stop focusing on Manaka and Tsumugu, they are just soooo cheesy..

Akari & Hikari moving to Miuna's house, there's gonna be some sweet, sweet moments of Hikari x Miuna the best OTP XD

Looks like Chisaki's gonna get some development with Hikari too. I'd love it if they can turn it into a love triangle between Chisaki x Hikari x Miuna.

I get the feeling that Tsumugu's gonna fall for Chisaki though.. ha, serves Manaka right. It's her turn getting NTR'ed fufufufu..
Nov 16, 2013 7:43 AM

Oct 2009
Hikari leaving too??? What.

Wonder who Uroko-same meant by "his descendants"..something bad is gonna happen @.@
Nov 16, 2013 9:43 AM
Feb 2012
This show is so ridiculously beautiful. In more than just one way.
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
Nov 16, 2013 10:15 AM

Oct 2011
OMG I thought Akari would have sacrificed herself to save Hikari Tearing up TwT I want the Sea and Surface to people to live/ see eye to eye in the end T__T
Nov 16, 2013 10:31 AM

Jun 2013
Those ignorant adults :(
Nov 16, 2013 2:20 PM

Oct 2012
Drama and racism is coming, well-done episode. I just wonder if Hikari really knows what it means to go to the surface forever.
Nov 16, 2013 3:52 PM

Mar 2013
Very good episode, maybe the best one so far. That scene with Uroko-sama in the end was amazing. I hope they explain him more later in the series because I never expected him to actually have "superpowers" even though he was supposed to be like a "god" to all of the sea dwellers.
Nov 16, 2013 4:16 PM

Nov 2007
That was unexpected! Didn't see Hikari leaving to live on the surface coming!

A very good episode indeed. Looks like the anime will pick up more pace from here on. 5/5
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Nov 16, 2013 5:44 PM

Nov 2011
The adults are really childish, there may be some bad blood between them but there is no need to hold onto it for the rest of their lives.

To think this is the same Hikari from episode 1, the immature, annoying kid who was just getting angry at every little thing that would happen. I much more enjoy Hikari's charater now then I did in the past.
Nov 16, 2013 5:56 PM

Aug 2012
Nice cap, Akari is so cute !
Nov 16, 2013 6:48 PM
Jul 2013
Removing my earlier words, fucking old who made the statue broke.

The story about puzzling, with the first leg of Akari and Hikari from home.
Nov 16, 2013 10:34 PM

Jan 2008
mayukachan said:
I'm kind of confused on he last part with Hikari's dad and Uroko. Why did he say "Have mercy" and why did Uroko ask "Are you sure this is okay?"

Uroko was basically freezing them to stop them from leaving. I think dad couldn't bear to see his children suffering anymore so he asked Uroko to stop what he was doing, even though he didn't want them to leave.

I really didn't expect the episode to end that way.. Never thought Hikari would be leaving with Akari. So.. are they banished from the sea now?

But the animation during the sea cage thing.. So beautiful. PA Works <3
Nov 17, 2013 1:48 AM

Sep 2008
I love that epic OST they keep playing during the dramatic scenes in this show.

Episode was good. Hikari's father is kind of a prick.
Nov 17, 2013 2:43 AM

Jan 2013
Great episode, I liked the theme.
Though I had other things on my mind, which happens occasionally and affects what I think of an episode.
Nov 17, 2013 3:54 AM

Apr 2013
Good episode. Those visuals during the freezing part were amazing.
But we still don't know the reason why its forbidden for the people of the sea to associate with the people of the surface.
After all the effort put into building the statue it was broken :(
Always-HungryNov 17, 2013 3:59 AM
Nov 17, 2013 2:38 PM
Oct 2012
iNeon said:
The adults are really childish, there may be some bad blood between them but there is no need to hold onto it for the rest of their lives.

It is more than bad blood, it is also economic. They have hinted that the fishermen in the village poach on the sea dwellers fishing grounds, and the land dwellers in the village believe that they sea dwellers are taking too much of the catch. Thing about wars are fought over water rights, and you can begin to see that there arguments aren't exactly childish (though you would be amazed at how stubborn adults can be when it comes to grudges, puts children to shame so much that I am surprised we don't say that children who do it are acting "adultish" :-)

Didn't they mention somewhere in passing that the total number of fish seemed to be declining? Even if not, I think that will be the big event with the Sea God. To use a metaphor I think that the lack of giving the Sea God his due is the same as being insensitive to the environment and overfishing; consequently as the Sea God loses power with all the defections, his ability to ensure healthy fish stock will soon become apparent.

And when that happens the people on the land will turn on the people from the sea, accusing them of causing this problem, ripping open a whole new world of pain for everyone, whereas of course it is a problem caused by everyone. But as I said above, adults can be sooooo adultish at time.
Nov 17, 2013 7:21 PM

Oct 2013
Uroko's spells were really beautiful... (even though the act itself was a little scary, as well as that little side glance he gives to dad.)

Looks like Hikari is finally gaining some resolve and maturity.
Nov 17, 2013 7:36 PM
Oct 2013
From the bottom of my heart, I don't want Hikari to leave the village. I don't mind if it's Akari, though. But I think I want them to stay forever in Shioshishio.
Nov 17, 2013 7:45 PM

Jul 2012
pokemongood said:
mayukachan said:
I'm kind of confused on he last part with Hikari's dad and Uroko. Why did he say "Have mercy" and why did Uroko ask "Are you sure this is okay?"

Uroko was basically freezing them to stop them from leaving. I think dad couldn't bear to see his children suffering anymore so he asked Uroko to stop what he was doing, even though he didn't want them to leave.

Oh okay. That makes sense.
Nov 17, 2013 9:09 PM
Aug 2011
I don't like Akari butHikari man, how are you the same kid from the first episode?

I'm interested in this sacred flame they keep watching, something huge is going to go down.
Nov 18, 2013 2:40 AM

Nov 2011
5/5

Hidden_Joker said:
1lau said:

Akari leaving spongebob world wasn't a big surprise, Hikari tagging along does
Uroko casting spells to stop them was a feast to the eyes
The background scenes early on as well

IT'S CALLED BIKINI BOTTOM. *ehem*

LOL'D !!!

The main theme bursts of laughter and corrupts the atmosphere that reigned in the narrative. Very well directed this change of context both in terms of narrative plot, which does not hesitate showing us the true strength of Uroko-sama! * _ *
And even the abandonment of Aka and Hii! O_O
I expect some nice scenes next time! XD
At the level of PA Works scenarios never leaves something to be desired, I wonder, however, because there are those ugly pillars in the sea, I hope they explain it! ^ ^ "
Fabulous, deserves the best!
Nov 18, 2013 5:09 PM
Jan 2012
I really like the character development in this show. The entire main cast is pretty solid too. Enjoying this one more than I thought I would. Curious to see how things go now that Hikari and Akari bounced to the surface.
Nov 19, 2013 3:18 PM

Jun 2012
Welp, this episode just goes to show that age really has nothing to do with maturity. This whole show kinda does that though.

I know it's a little late to be mentioning this, but I just really noticed that this doesn't even feel like there's anything different about these two civilizations whatsoever. There's nothing, so far, that sets them apart at all, aside from the fact that the "sea god", and his messenger say so. It feels more like two feuding families who continue to pass the hate onto their descendants, rather than two completely different peoples. If there's a sea god, it makes me wonder if there is another god (i.e earth god) who came to odds with the sea god.

Edit: I know Japanese gods are not necessarily omniscient and all-powerful beings, but it honestly feels strange to me that Uroko, not being a mere human, would simply give in to sympathy so easily. At the very least I was honestly expecting more drastic measures than that, from a messenger for the sea god.

kuuderes_shadow said:
KanameFujiwara said:
The ojoshi-sama was not destroyed by Hikari's dad - it was an accident.
It was destroyed, indirectly, by Hikari's dad. It might have been an accident, but that doesn't change how it was destroyed, or who did it.
The hell, his dad had nothing to do with it at all. The kids wanted to push it into working, and the dad knew it wouldn't work, and didn't even want to be there. But Hikari convinced the council to go, who in turn convinced his dad to go... his dad literally did nothing but watch the entire time. He didn't fuel the flames, or offer support to either of the council members. How did he have any connection to it at all, he just knew that was going to happen to begin with, and tried to tell them that beforehand.
HalibelTheEspadaNov 19, 2013 3:29 PM
Nov 20, 2013 4:08 AM

May 2011
Whoa, that was some intense magic at the end. Amazing visuals in that part.
Nov 20, 2013 1:36 PM

Jan 2011
Maggiiiiiic.
I don't know what to think anymore, this show is like me smoking weed.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Nov 20, 2013 6:22 PM

Mar 2009
I like how Uroko's presented: not good, not evil. He's on no one's side but the god's.

I really hope Hikari doesn't give up on Manaka! :( They're very sweet together.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nagi no Asukara Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 17, 2013

186 by basskiller »»
May 18, 11:53 PM

Poll: » Nagi no Asukara Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 10, 2013

168 by basskiller »»
May 17, 6:45 PM

Poll: » Nagi no Asukara Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 3, 2014

652 by oooo3333 »»
Apr 3, 12:02 AM

Poll: » Nagi no Asukara Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 3, 2013

385 by Wishimog »»
Feb 18, 10:10 PM

Poll: » Nagi no Asukara Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 27, 2014

353 by trabeus1 »»
Jan 18, 5:58 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.