Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Feb 8, 7:35 AM

Oct 2022
Somehow Rouge was kidnapped, but I wonder what the person extracted from her. That's Project Eve?
Feb 8, 8:19 AM
Jun 2017
It's so blatantly clear that the scenario writer is desperately trying to replicate Blade Runner 2049 in the first half of this episode but failing to capture any of the soul of it. The worldbuilding, character development, backstory building etc thus far is just so disappointingly bad it is painful to watch Bones and all these great casts and creators wasting their time and resources on this Cyberpunk-ish Frankenstein of work.
Feb 8, 8:23 AM
May 2017
Reply to gorkthe134th
@leonardobarba Thankfully I have not seen a whole swarm irl, but a sigle cockroach is enough to traumatize someone for life!
@gorkthe134th Insect swarms are among the things you must see to believe.
Mene, mene, tekel, parsin
Feb 8, 11:04 AM

Oct 2016
We finally learned a little bit about why Rouge is on this mission to kill the Immortal 9. They supposedly killed her father / creator, but we still don’t know why they did it. The whole dream sequence was so confusing, but I believe it was supposed to be since it was from Rouge’s perspective. I like that we are getting more answers, and the action was amazing as well. (8/10)
Feb 8, 12:10 PM
Jul 2023
Well someone ships the support with immortal nine gun boy, and that someone is me. Not only did Naomi and Eden have some chill chemistry but then he stepped in to protect her and seems to be eager to help both girls. He is a much on the side of good as a character in this show can be.

P.S.
By now that one desert bus was full to the brim with immortal nine members and somehow nobody bet an eye.
Feb 8, 12:11 PM
Jul 2023
Reply to OutOfGalaxy
Somehow Rouge was kidnapped, but I wonder what the person extracted from her. That's Project Eve?
@OutOfGalaxy the character listing
Feb 8, 12:13 PM
Jul 2023
Reply to Treyv0n
Nahhhhhh bro WTF was that first half of the episode every one of Rouge’s memories were all jumbled up mixed up like a remix I couldn’t even understand what the fuck was going on until it was revealed that it was the puppet master (whoever that nigga is๐Ÿ’€) who was making her dream like that which was SOOOOO trippy my brain couldn’t keep it together๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ

The animation with Naomi shooting the twin tail gothic girl was so fucking amazing and when Rouge punched her the animation was amazing as well idk what bones did with this second half but they were cooking๐Ÿ˜ซ๐Ÿ”ฅ

The Black Gladiator being the black dude was a shocker to me I did NOT KNOW bro had a mecha type power up like Rouge, my bro wasn’t just all talk after all

I’m definitely liking this show I’m pretty sure why it’s not well liked in this comment section is bc some of you ppl aren’t paying attention to the lines and aren’t patient enough to wait for the rest of the episode to drop๐Ÿคท๐Ÿฝ‍โ™‚๏ธ
@Treyv0n Based opinion
Feb 8, 12:15 PM
Jul 2023
Reply to Vylci
Naomi is super hot, such a delicious choco-coffee waifu
god damnit, just make her gay already
@Vylci That is what AO3 and deviant art are for. Enjoy yourself.
Feb 8, 12:25 PM

Nov 2013
i'm sorry but i'm too stupid to follow this story lmao
fav "new" girls from spring <3 ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks
Feb 8, 1:39 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Director going full RahXephon again here, with the difference that RahXephon is actually good.
Feb 8, 2:21 PM
Dec 2021
I want to like this more than I do, its ok and I like Rouge but a step up is needed
Feb 8, 2:42 PM
Level 6 esper

May 2021
I think it would be better if they did some simple sci fi action story, like Lycoris Recoil.
Now we have some deep?! story with too many questions.
Animation looks awesome as always.
“Do what feels right in your heart. You will be criticized either way.” (Eleanor Roosevelt)
Feb 8, 7:32 PM

Apr 2016
Boards are all over the place, with agonizingly off-model characters and lackluster action sequences. What the hell happened to the production?
Feb 8, 9:13 PM

Jul 2008
Anyone else feel lost at the start of the episode? I feel like we missed something between episode 4 and 5.
Feb 8, 9:21 PM

Dec 2022
Seems pretty clear that Rouge will have to find a middle ground, break off from the dogma and take her handler with her, but find a path between the extremist Neans and the neutered ones. Bring true freedom and peace to the solar system. That's what I think, anyways.
Feb 8, 9:37 PM

Jan 2009
so code eve is the key to true freedom or free will of robots?
Feb 9, 5:03 AM

Oct 2022
Truly a whacked out, hallucination filled, confusing in every way, episode.

Feb 9, 6:40 AM

May 2015
It was the most interesting episode so far.
Feb 9, 7:16 AM
Sep 2021
Ok, this episode heavily focused on the past of rouge & there is a deep secret that will soon be revealed regarding rouge & also we meet one more member of immortal nine "Gladiator".
Feb 9, 4:01 PM

Jul 2016
It really felt like there were 10 minutes missing at the beginning of the episode. We went from a scene with the flying circus heading to the Nean facility last episode to now seeing Rouge already kidnapped in this one. sigh* Pacing issues again...
Feb 10, 8:19 AM

Jun 2019
Well, the art and animation I have no problem with. Animation is fine to my eyes and that's an area I'm not overly fussy with and invested in critiquing anyway as long as it does its job and even then I'm lenient. Art style is even better than that as I think it lands in the noticeably positive camp with simple, clean character designs that seem realistic and refined enough to suit the genres and story of this show, and semi-serious/grounded/mature tone it's going for. And are generally attractive. Therefore the visual side of things, especially art style, is currently the series' strongest asset.

But I just don't care at all for the writing mainly. How the writing fleshes out (or rather, doesn't) the ideas of the series and the character writing in their actions and interactions, and lack of any real interesting dialogue or monologue. Also, I find the direction poor, editing poor, and music choices poor.
WatchTillTandavaFeb 10, 8:22 AM
Feb 10, 10:23 AM
Sep 2022
Picked up after last week (and all the previous episodes, really). Something interesting other than pointless combat might be going on. Although, there was a pointless combat this week anyway.

Stays on the list for another week at least.
Feb 10, 10:45 AM

Sep 2017
This was kinda interesting. The dream sequence seems to imply that the carnival dude was like breaking into/altering her memories and maybe disabled the eve code. As I am currently watch Pluto, some of the themes regarding robots and their free will/not killing humans are pretty similar. I kind of doubt this series will be able to pull off something to the same level that Pluto has managed to do so far, buuuut it could still come out okay.
Feb 10, 4:19 PM
Jan 2024
I didn't understand much but oh well
Feb 10, 6:44 PM
Oct 2019
That dream sequences are so trippy.

We got some answer but leaving us with more questions.

I knew that guy must be somebody important, Eden Varock was an Immortal Nine too!!
Feb 11, 7:16 AM
Mar 2019
The secret origin of Rouge is finally revealed. We also get to see why she goes on hunting sprees for the Immortals.
Feb 11, 7:53 AM

Jul 2019
This ep was like Neon Genesis Evangelion episodes 25 and 26 all over again!!
A lot was showed but almost nothing was explained.
Feb 11, 9:53 AM
May 2011
The ending of this episode seemed weird; the directing fell apart just as the top tier animation sequences started.
Feb 11, 11:23 PM
Jan 2012
I wasn't expecting Metallic Rouge to fully dive headfirst into some 10+mn long cryptic introspection sequence about Rouge's guilt and kickstarting her overall charadev but here we are.

And damn, that episode was really really good, aside from the usual top-tier dynamic between Rouge and Naomi (one of the biggest qualities of the series, it feels so natural) i always loved super eerie sequences like that, i was literally absorbed by this one

Only flaw would be choosing to completely skip the whole Rouge's kidnapping part, which is a bit weird especially how the series already expects the viewer to figure out what's going on by themselves (which is a really good thing, it's kinda rare these days) but this was a bit too much.

The confrontation between Naomi and the clown girl had character animation completely off the charts though, that was incredible
Feb 12, 1:01 PM
Jan 2024
This show starts off kind of rough but it's starting to get its footing. The pilot is super fun, rushes you right to the action and then there's about 3 episodes of catch-up, which sadly involves a lot of plot but not much characterization. We're starting to know more about Rouge's backstory yet they haven't given her much of a personality. Really hoping they let her talk enough that we get a feel for who she is, not just what her mission is.

My anime podcast is currently watching along week to week. Check it out!
https://open.spotify.com/show/73przytBIvTZ96hA7TNscu
Feb 13, 1:58 AM

Nov 2009
I swear half of this show is missing? It feels like scenes have been cut out like they've had to trim for episode count or length, it's bizarre and currently this show kind of stinks as it stands. Hopefully it did get trimmed so there's only 12 episodes total to watch of this dross and not 24 or worse!
Feb 13, 7:16 PM

Sep 2021
It's hillarious how the dream makes so much more sense than the actual plot. I wish there was something on Naomi, she's nothing but annoying so far.

Will this at some point shape up to be any form of decent? I hope so. I still haven't abandoned hope.
Feb 13, 8:34 PM

Mar 2008
Hard to make out what of those were Rouge's memories and what was just an attempt to get information out of here.

I did spot who likely was that one Eden guy with the wavy hair in her memories but only shown from the back. So he may have a connection to Rouge.

That animation with that gothic lolita jester girl was pretty nice the way she moved.
Feb 14, 12:48 PM

Oct 2017
So we got to see Rouge's past through her dream. The black hair/black armor guy was in it too with a lady. Wonder who they really are. What did the troupe leader take from Rouge? Her human data? Anyway we now know Rouge's motive for killing the immortal nine. Though I do wonder how much truth is there in the events we saw.
Feb 14, 10:10 PM
Jan 2024
a little rushed but amazing nonetheless
Feb 15, 12:45 PM
Jul 2017
Cyborgs Living in human society relying on a fluid called nectar to survive. Have to Obey the No harm Laws. The elites have an ability to transform from humanoid to more robotic larger forms which seems drastic and is off putting.
Feb 17, 1:02 PM

Oct 2018
So much potential with the dream sequence thrown and it looks just like the normal episodes. Lot of information thrown to us in pieces but no point questioning about it now, with more than half the show remaining for the answers. Action was sleep inducing though.
Feb 18, 3:43 PM
Jan 2018
I gotta be honest. This episode didn't feel like BONES regular non story nonsense. It felt like they are having production or story issues and the anime is suffering because of it. I wonder if somebody or bodies are intentionally trying to sabotage this show.

I have lowered expectations, but this is ridiculous. The bare minimum in BONES nonsense anime is having likeable characters. I don't even remember the girl with glasses name. But I can tell you she sucks at her job as a handler. Which was sorta ok before, but why even bother with a handler if their sole job is being saved? Even Huang from Darker Than Black did a better job as a handler than Megane is doing here.

Just last year we had G-Witch, a mecha show with a likeable enough cast of girl characters. The idea of an "agent" who is not actually an agent, whose single personality trait is eating chocolate the exact same way every time isn't cutting it. If Rouge is conflicted, then go that way. If she's gonna be a killer that goes a conscience, then do that instead. Rouge is seriously a lady version of Dragon Ball Super Goku which is a god awful idea.

Also, who does a sentai anime and skips the transformation sequences? One time is ok, but twice?
Feb 19, 3:57 AM
Mob Character C

Oct 2009
Fun little episode. Nice to watch. Kinda cool to get the whole artsy mind observation thing going. Not bad. Could have even gone further, but hey.

Enjoy your anime! | Witch Cafe Wisteria
Feb 19, 6:05 PM
Jun 2014
Reply to MFDOOMED
I gotta be honest. This episode didn't feel like BONES regular non story nonsense. It felt like they are having production or story issues and the anime is suffering because of it. I wonder if somebody or bodies are intentionally trying to sabotage this show.

I have lowered expectations, but this is ridiculous. The bare minimum in BONES nonsense anime is having likeable characters. I don't even remember the girl with glasses name. But I can tell you she sucks at her job as a handler. Which was sorta ok before, but why even bother with a handler if their sole job is being saved? Even Huang from Darker Than Black did a better job as a handler than Megane is doing here.

Just last year we had G-Witch, a mecha show with a likeable enough cast of girl characters. The idea of an "agent" who is not actually an agent, whose single personality trait is eating chocolate the exact same way every time isn't cutting it. If Rouge is conflicted, then go that way. If she's gonna be a killer that goes a conscience, then do that instead. Rouge is seriously a lady version of Dragon Ball Super Goku which is a god awful idea.

Also, who does a sentai anime and skips the transformation sequences? One time is ok, but twice?
@MFDOOMED Yea This show has all the pieces but it can't seem to figure out what direction it wants to go. Its been jamming so many plotlines that dont seem to tie into each other anymore. With this many eps deep and not knowing at all where we are even going just takes away any chance to get invested into the anime because i dont even have enough proper information to care about the characters or situations that happen. Right now Just enjoying the world and some decent animation.
Feb 19, 7:25 PM
Jan 2018
Reply to ToMuchMayo
@MFDOOMED Yea This show has all the pieces but it can't seem to figure out what direction it wants to go. Its been jamming so many plotlines that dont seem to tie into each other anymore. With this many eps deep and not knowing at all where we are even going just takes away any chance to get invested into the anime because i dont even have enough proper information to care about the characters or situations that happen. Right now Just enjoying the world and some decent animation.
@ToMuchMayo To be fair, episode 6 is the best episode yet. I don't know if they can still stick the landing with this anime, but episode 6 is a fun time. They should have started the anime with that type of style. It made the characters more fun to watch.
Feb 21, 1:42 AM

Mar 2007
Hate to say it but at this stage there is so much plot going on that it becomes so confusing I bet a bunch of people have dropped this. At this point I'm still waiting for the rest of the mystery to be revealed, like peeling the layers of an onion.
Feb 28, 3:45 AM

Oct 2019
My favourite episode so far, and I am actually get a good idea on why they have kept things so vague so far.

We'll have to see how it goes, but this episode increased my hopes for this show by a lot
Also available at:
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK8spdL1M_J-z0vO2C7jPLw
Second Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@AshPolygonsDo/videos
Why You Should Watch Akudama Drive: https://youtu.be/Yw0r52wRjgA
A Love Letter To Animeใ€ŒAMVใ€: https://youtu.be/YQyqxFM2m9Q

My referral code to a website/app that gives you free money (a few cents a day) by using a few megabytes of your internet for file sharing. We both get a bonus if you use my link: https://r.honeygain.me/ARSHIA7942
Mar 5, 2:38 PM

Feb 2012
Thought the imouto looked like the girl from ME!ME!ME!.
While I would l like to be interested in a robotic MC more, Rouge just doesn't quite hit the same beats as say Makoto Kusanagi or Gesicht.

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Mar 7, 1:53 PM
Jun 2012
A nice roboto animu.
Mar 8, 5:15 PM

Oct 2022
Okay this is getting ridiculous. It's almost like it's deliberately obtuse at this point.
Mar 11, 4:24 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
By that Rouge sequential part of travelling among her own mind, i don't really get what's direction this lead on after all the time has been spent. Abstract to their best case, i guess...

Eden definitely one of the Immortal Nine, with the initial name, the Gladiator, but he decided to help them out of their ship. Sooner or later, Rouge might searched for him again tho.

Clown buncha revealed to be the Usurpers and manage to steal Rouge code Eve and replicate it into some unknown identical Nean? Immortal Nine or those Usurpers be the true enemy of Rouge? Become free, i guess. Rouge needs to choose her choice of life, and not be bounded by the order, even coming from her Nean 'brother'. Whatever

Well, idk if they manage to compact it all for the remaining episodes, but this is indeed an underwhelming attempt....
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Apr 30, 9:19 AM
Aug 2023
This is getting bad, that fragmented dream memories crap in the beginning does not help.

I think I'm at the point where the MCs are so bland and unlikable that I'm flipping to root for the antagonists, that sometimes happens when shows get so bad, and the MCs are so uninteresting. I actually found that goth clown woman fun and likeable in comparison to the two MC, too bad she's taking off supposedly. Way better than the annoying glasses woman, and vacant MC, both who I don't give a damn about at all.
Apr 30, 12:10 PM

Aug 2019
I'm sorry pleased to see the duo back together
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Metallic Rouge Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 27

39 by DisposableHeroB »»
Jun 2, 11:38 AM

» Is bones Studio still a big studio ?

Badrkate - Apr 28

23 by tanjim_ahsan16 »»
May 28, 7:46 AM

Poll: » Metallic Rouge Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 3

110 by Deviiilchan »»
May 24, 1:13 PM

Poll: » Metallic Rouge Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 13

36 by Fortress_Maximus »»
May 20, 12:10 PM

Poll: » Metallic Rouge Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 10

235 by ICEE_BR »»
May 18, 8:38 PM
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.