Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jan 7, 3:08 AM

Apr 2021
Too bad, since they changed the credits, they could have improved the opening and ending musics, but looks like we're stuck with generic boring ones.
Apart from that the production remains pretty good, the direction is on par, the pace is perfect and the voice acting still pretty satisfying. I have the feeling we have more and more attention to minute details in the animation and in backgrounds, which is great. I'm fairly confident now that this one will become one of my favorite anime, since they really made a very good adaptation.
Jan 7, 3:24 AM

Jan 2021
Jinshi bought Maomao... and the people in the palace knew that Jinshi bought a "girl"... does that make the people there know that Maomao was bought by Jinshi? Or rather, buying is the same as owning/claiming, right? So is this the same as, Maomao is Jinshi's now (so it's more like, if anyone tries to get close to Maomao, they'll remember that she's Jinshi's) or, well... Maomao was indeed bought by Jinshi but that doesn't make her his and doesn't affect her in any way?

Either way, Maomao is now Jinshi's personal assistant. Next episode we have a new concubine... is she a good one?

Jan 7, 5:08 AM
Oct 2021
this eps is so funny, we got to see a lot of jinshi yeayy
Jan 7, 5:34 AM

Jun 2016
OMG THIS SHOW TOTALLY FREAKINGLY GOOD !!!

this cour2 is more interesting and better story !!!

lets fucking goooo
Jan 7, 6:08 AM
Nov 2018
If Maomao didn't put homosexualism into random stuff this anime would be a 10/10 to me

Loved the new OP. Kinda hope someday AIs get good enough to have anime done in that quality in every frame.
Jan 7, 8:09 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
The season continues after the christmas and our girl has a new work in the palace, but Not all that glitters is gold!!!

kekeke
Jan 7, 8:52 AM

Apr 2015
I am going miss be a flower op... But the new one is kinda good.

Curious how the story goes from here.
Jan 7, 8:52 AM

Apr 2015
I am going miss be a flower op... But the new one is kinda good.

Curious how the story goes from here.
Jan 7, 10:55 AM
Jun 2022
maomao is back! Although I would have liked if she went to the rear palace but lets see how the story develops. I can't stop obsessing over her. <3
Jan 7, 12:02 PM

May 2020
another amazing episode
I miss Gyokuyou and the others from the inner palace
hope we get to see them soon
cant wait for more

Jan 7, 12:22 PM

May 2018
Lets go season 2 or continuation

"Don't give up after failing just twice.
We'll be able to do it next time.
Failure is the stepping stone to success."

Jan 7, 2:48 PM

Mar 2008
Hey new OP and ed. Might take a while to get used to since I quite liked the first.

If anyone if wondering the fungi that grows on caterpillars is cordyceps.

Maomao looks pretty all made up. Jinshi getting all protective when other guys give her attention was kinda cute.
Jan 7, 5:10 PM
Dec 2023
I needed this anime in my life! The intro and outro is decent and we step into the world of The Apothecary Diaries once again, which I love so much! We get to hear the sounds of Maomao once again, immediately making this hilarious! The animation remains beautiful as always. I'm loving the Apothecary Diaries!
Jan 7, 8:26 PM

Oct 2019
Maomao's new life began, now working directly for Jinshi.
She naturally failed her Court Lady exam because she found it boring; if she was examined in botanology I'm sure she'd have got an A+ :)

I wonder how that mysterious Go player who we saw eyeing Maomao from afar will fit into the story.

The second cour started strong I think. I like the new OP and ED songs too!
Jan 7, 9:52 PM
Dec 2020
Reply to hanakocheeks
Jinshi bought Maomao... and the people in the palace knew that Jinshi bought a "girl"... does that make the people there know that Maomao was bought by Jinshi? Or rather, buying is the same as owning/claiming, right? So is this the same as, Maomao is Jinshi's now (so it's more like, if anyone tries to get close to Maomao, they'll remember that she's Jinshi's) or, well... Maomao was indeed bought by Jinshi but that doesn't make her his and doesn't affect her in any way?

Either way, Maomao is now Jinshi's personal assistant. Next episode we have a new concubine... is she a good one?
@hanakocheeks people know jinshi bought "a girl" but certainly not all people know that girl was maomao, and i think that doesnt affect maomao at all, being bought buy a person can have the situation as owning that person but, in maomao situation jinshi bought maomao to employ her as ordinary worker in imperial court so her status just a worker and she doesnt have a certain privilege
Jan 7, 11:49 PM
Sep 2016
Rakkan!!!!
Oo... this 2nd cour would be interesting indeed....

Next EP: We,ll be having an "interesting" class.... Stay tune for more Maomao shennanigans!
Python is the best programming language ever. FIGHT ME!
Jan 8, 3:19 AM
Jun 2015
That BGM at 12:59-13:05 <3. Just where to find such beautiful BGMs?
Jan 8, 8:25 AM
Nov 2023
Good set up for the second half of the show, and we get to experience the drama and new situations with the Outer Court. I wonder why Jinshi is pushing Maomao to be a Court Lady.
Jan 8, 11:37 AM
Lilium Gardener

Jul 2011
Going to take a while to get used to the new OP and ED. I definitely preferred the previous in both regards. Maybe these new ones will grow on me. The aesthetics for them are really nice, at least.

Jan 9, 7:17 AM

Apr 2009
So we're at the outer court now instead of the rear/inner court, and intended to be court lady who failed in her exams. LOL

At this point, I'm thinking Jinshi is not an actual eunuch as Maomao has assumed every male at the rear palace are, Gaoshun might be one but not Jinshi. I suspect Jinshi might be actually part of the Imperial family, and may/may not be in-line for succession for the throne if those are in play in the plot.

The tall court lady was interesting, and monocled old dude in the military compound as well who also creeps me out when he was looking at the yard when Maomao was ogling at the herbs.
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Jan 9, 4:11 PM

Mar 2020
Lihaku-kun naked scene will be very funny.
Oppai check!

111 cm: Hancock
110 cm: Zoro
100 cm: Robin
Jan 9, 4:28 PM
Jul 2017
meh episode, lets hope it improves
Jan 9, 5:34 PM

Jul 2016
So that dumb misunderstanding from last episode was because they needed an excuse to make Xiaomao move to a new setting, huh? And to the Outer Palace she goes. Gyokuyou as well as Lihua and both old OP and ED will be missed.
Jan 9, 6:28 PM
Oct 2019
Second cour begun.
New OP & ED.

New workplace, more new people, it's like a new reset for Xiaomao.
Jan 9, 7:47 PM

Aug 2013
Am I remembering it wrong or they just cut a few chapters of the manga? Iirc Jinshi meets Maomao in a feast on the courtesan house before buying her, no?
Jan 10, 2:20 AM

Apr 2019
Maomao failed the exam and failed to become a lady in waiting XD
Jan 10, 4:49 AM

Aug 2023
Reply to Satyr_icon
Am I remembering it wrong or they just cut a few chapters of the manga? Iirc Jinshi meets Maomao in a feast on the courtesan house before buying her, no?
@Satyr_icon you didn’t watched episode 12?
Jan 10, 12:20 PM

Aug 2013
Reply to -Sleek-
@Satyr_icon you didn’t watched episode 12?
@-Sleek- ...uh

I might have skipped it lmao crunchyroll is kinda buggy on ps4
Jan 11, 3:22 AM
Jan 2024
i think it good graphic
Jan 11, 5:05 AM
Sep 2022
bocchi-the-glock
Jan 11, 3:25 PM
Jan 2023
The new OP was fire
Jan 11, 5:26 PM
Jul 2022
Disappointed by the new op and ed, but only compared to the first ones. The new songs are alright and will likely grow on me, but the first ones were instant hits with me.
Jan 11, 7:03 PM
Jan 2023
hmm not bad and like new prolog for new mistery
Jan 11, 7:47 PM

Jul 2016
Maomao's absolute lack of shame for failing the exam is absolute gold
"Why did you fail?"
"Why'd you think I'd pass?"
Jan 12, 1:56 AM

Jan 2017
Now we are at Jinshi's house and gosh that just woke up look is truly a feast 😋
Maomao is so cute acknowledging Jinshi's beautiful traits but not really bothered by it, its like she considers it as something normal 😅
Anyways even though I'm starting to adore Jinshi a lot more than I initially did, it kinda ticked me off that he just let those court ladies bully her (even slapped her 🙄). I mean, he could have stand up for her or something, or just simply to tell them to not a lay a hand on her...right? 🤔😬
Still a good episode and we'll probably see more of Jinshi-sama's story which I'm super excited about, and love the new opening and ending song ❤️ Lezzz gooooo
sakurasyinksJan 12, 1:59 AM
Jan 13, 4:16 PM
Nov 2023
First anime I watch where it has a different plot than usual, I also love the main lead
Jan 16, 5:30 AM
Sep 2021
Maomao is now transferred to the outer court/palace & she is now working as Jinshi's personal servant as of now.
Jan 18, 10:19 AM

Feb 2019
The directing on the second OP isn't as flashy but I like it more than the other one, Although the old song was okay I prefer this one.
No watch list sig cuz "You watch anime in 3 days or 3 months! Such is the proper way!"
Jan 20, 2:14 AM
Feb 2015
Maomao is a good actor, giving fake excuses as being hired by Jingshi. The girls are furious as expected. She failed huh the exam, can relate of being under below when learning something out of passion.
Jan 20, 5:46 PM

Jun 2014
I'm going to miss the rear palace. It was a much more suitable place for Maomao, and she had so many friends there. The area that Maomao is currently in is kinda boring, but hopefully we'll see more interesting things eventually.

Can she still visit the rear palace?

Jan 20, 7:04 PM
Dec 2022
I wasn't too pleased to find out the intro changed.
Jan 29, 5:19 PM

Jul 2023
A new cour as well as a new op and ed.

猫猫 now works in the outer court. Despite my impression that she is 'overpowered,' glad to know that she can fail at something, though by the way they glossed over it, Maōmaō doesn't think of it as high stakes.

Jinshi's groupies are everywhere annoying.

The episode ended with a person from the military observing her. Will he be a threat?

From the preview, the new pure consort doesn't look friendly. Will she win her and become 'part of her harem?'
patkarununganJan 29, 5:23 PM
Jan 31, 8:04 AM
Aug 2023
The way Maomao commented that the cotton clothes was "nice", (despite looking the exact same as her existing clothes 😅) had me wondering what her clothes is usually made of? Because to me cotton seems like a pretty common and affordable material, but obviously she and I exist in completely different contexts. Does anyone know what the material she's used to might be?
Feb 3, 4:03 PM

Jan 2022
Hell yeah, I get to binge 5 episodes in one go 🥳 The visuals for the OP are really good! Devil's trumpet was featured for a long time in the new OP...interesting. I'm sure Maomao will be excited to try the seeds. Lowkey yeah, in a way Maomao is a little ungrateful for the role she landed. So I see where Meimei is coming from. Buuut Jinshi is like yeah... I don't want anyone else looking at MY Maomao. Damn, sucks that Maomao can't return to the Jade Pavilion :( I want her back in the rear palace!!!!

Maomao really got under the new girl squad's skin, that was sooo good to see. I wonder why Maomao isn't allowed to go any farther than where she was. I wonder what was on that little hill and who the guy was.
This never updates so that's cool
Feb 5, 3:32 AM

Sep 2014
I will miss her old workplace, it was getting interesting now that we actually knew more about the concubines. Also wasnt the entire reason she got promoted originally to make sure the emperors favourite concubine and her baby arent getting poisoned? Seems odd to give that role to someone probably unqualified.

Also importing a young lady from the leading luxury brothel to the court must seem .. suspicious.

I will say this again just in case, I really hope this does not turn into romance.
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Feb 8, 3:22 PM

Aug 2022
"sa sa sa sa ... sa sa sa sa" was my favorite part of the episode 😂

I loved how Jinshi couldn't hide his jealousy over the attention Maomao was getting, even making sure she puts her freckles back on to ward off her other male admirers 😂. And how he went full parent-mode when it came to asking about studying, as Maomao very stealthily absconded. 😂

Both are peak specimens of humanity...and I love them! 🤣❤️
Feb 23, 7:42 PM
Jul 2018
They censored the arm part? 0o, weird, rating stuff?
Feb 26, 1:06 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Nice change for Maomao and her discovering more of the court, the other servants can be annoying as always, but just showing them her arm already calmed things xD
Feb 29, 9:43 PM
Oct 2018
Nice. The attitudes of the older sisters and the granny were on point. Jinshi being jealous is funny as always. I liked the new opening and ending as well.
Mar 2, 10:52 PM

Oct 2013
Bloody jealous hags. 😡 They dared to slap Maomao.

New themes (opening and ending) are fantastic. I can't decide whether I prefer them or the previous ones.

I wonder who was that guy staring in a weird manner at Maomao near the Ministry of War building.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» What year does apothecary diary takes place?

hercules28 - Apr 12

5 by bryanyuchen »»
8 hours ago

» Fun fact about Maomao

Fukoku - Oct 22, 2023

11 by bryanyuchen »»
9 hours ago

Poll: » Kusuriya no Hitorigoto Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 17

246 by yalinarul »»
Jun 6, 9:40 AM

Poll: » Kusuriya no Hitorigoto Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 23

264 by TechOtaku »»
Jun 5, 2:09 PM

Poll: » Kusuriya no Hitorigoto Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Softhenic03 - Nov 25, 2023

173 by Cosplay_Joe »»
Jun 2, 7:50 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.