Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Sep 30, 2023 4:51 PM

Apr 2018
I still remember these parts from the manga. Still hurts to see Neither pass away, same for Himmel. Fern's fun to be with, it makes Frieren a bit more lively. I also know why the ED reminded me so much of Vinland. It's by Milet. So ducking good, same the opening by YOASOBI.

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Sep 30, 2023 7:40 PM
Nov 2019
setelah kematian himmel dan heiter
frieren bersama fren berpetualang
dan bertemu dengan patung himmel
My Candies :
Sep 30, 2023 7:59 PM
Mar 2014
Another sad but beautiful episode.

That being said, still can't stomach that low quality netflix style anime art.
Oct 1, 2023 1:31 AM
Feb 2020
just overrated not that good
Oct 1, 2023 2:31 AM

Mar 2008
Lol Heiter was flicking his broccoli(?) onto Frieren's plate at the dinner table. No wonder he didnt live long enough wont eat his greens. Nice little tricky lie he pulled. RIP

Seed rat is such a funny appropriate name for a squirrel.

So Frieren was mainly wanting to see the flowers more than anything since Himmel told her to and she didnt get to in his lifetime.
Oct 1, 2023 2:40 AM

Apr 2015
It's really nice overall but it's weird how they speak like they never interact among each other during those longass timeskips lol
Oct 1, 2023 3:49 AM

Apr 2012
I've never been so invested in a character(s) that gets killed as early in the 1st episode would have a profound effect on me going forward in the series. This is top tier writing and I love it.
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum.
They should really do their whining at manga forums.

USERS ON MY IGNORED LIST:
RayReynolds - SSL443 - Dr4kon - Nerdanimefan1992 - ToTheMountains - Fiveskies
To add users to the Ignore list: (1) Go to Account settings (2) Click Forum tab and toggle down (3) Type or paste user name on entry box (4) Click Add and you're done.
Problem solved, you'll never have to see someone trolling ever again because their post will be closed/collapsed.
Oct 1, 2023 7:00 AM

Nov 2013
Was Heiter also human or a different humanoid species though? He "looked old" when their adventure ended. If we assume Hero was in his 20's, Heiter - who was definitely older, was probably in his 30's. 30+50+20+at least 4 years deciphering, so he has to be at least 104 years old despite heavy drinking; meanwhile hero died when he was under 80, looking like an ordinary old man. Wonder if this was explained in the source.

Anyways it was another great episode.
Oct 1, 2023 7:18 AM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
This is probably one of the very rare shows where it has correct time-perception for the long-lived race, like a year is considered "soon" for elf like Frieren, I love it.

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Oct 1, 2023 7:23 AM

Dec 2017
Where did the dwarf go, died off screen?

Elves got too much time on their hands to fuck around, nobody can tell them they're wasting their life.

literally me
karrotStickOct 1, 2023 2:25 PM
❝Kabo-chan is ran by the MAL staff team and does not respond to individual comments made on her profile.❞
I was immensely devastated.
Oct 1, 2023 8:31 AM

Jul 2021
The art style is so good....
Oct 1, 2023 8:44 AM

May 2015
Awww..that flowers scene was really nice
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Oct 1, 2023 10:51 AM

May 2019
Heiter sure was clever in tricking Frieren into taking Fern under her wing. I figured he didn't have long to live especially after he collapsed so I'm glad Fern was not left alone again.

While Frieren and Fern were looking for the blue flowers for Himmel's statue I began to wonder if there are other elves in that world. I assume there are and if so why is Frieren only around humans? Just something I thought about as Eisen will also die at some point and Frieren will be the last remaining member of the hero party.
Oct 1, 2023 2:12 PM
May 2021
just plain perfection
Oct 1, 2023 3:23 PM

May 2022
Every episode is a tear in my eyes. ;-;
Oct 1, 2023 4:04 PM
Apr 2021
Un pasatiempo para un ser eterno creo que la actitud que tenia antes es por el tema de que nadie quiere ver morir a los que ama y por eso era tan fria
Oct 1, 2023 7:48 PM
Jan 2022
Legal até, não sei o que esperar desse anime.
Oct 1, 2023 8:23 PM

Mar 2007
I knew it. I knew she'd regret not getting to know Himmel more! He is such a character, like brash, funny, kind hearted, nice to children, in short, a real hero. I'd have married a guy like him, seriously.

This really hit me in the feels, big time.
Oct 2, 2023 12:58 AM
Sep 2017
Beautiful.

The art, the storytelling, the themes and messages. Sweet and heartwarming but somehow without overdoing it. Promising anime this season!
Oct 2, 2023 1:30 AM

Oct 2020
Heiter and Fern was interesting characters to meet.
Oct 2, 2023 9:51 AM
Feb 2017
Whoever made this really understands people of any age. The actions of each character really demonstrates their age and their thoughts perfectly, the bad and good ones. It feels real life people with magic.

And the art/animation is outstanding.
Oct 2, 2023 3:57 PM

Jan 2011
i feel like this series is too depressing at least so far, dunno if i can enjoy this
Oct 2, 2023 4:04 PM
Jan 2023
Expected it, but they killed off Heiter now. That corrupt priest managed to trick Frieren into training Fern and her coming with her.

Just watching the search for the flowers and seeing the end result made it seem like the long search was worth it.

The animation was beautiful, particularly on the flowers and the music was great too! I just hope MadHouse can keep this up for the whole show.
Oct 2, 2023 6:23 PM

Jul 2016
Two episodes in and there were already like five gags of Frieren getting stuck in places lol.
Oct 2, 2023 6:46 PM

Oct 2021
The corrupt priest had a good heart despite not being noble like Himmel, and he's pretty smart to trick Frieren into making Fern her apprentice. It's sad to see him die, but he had a good run (should be at least near 100) and managed to save someone.
Oct 2, 2023 7:20 PM
May 2017
Damn and that's another one from the OG party gone, RIP Heiter, you were a real one. I had a feeling he wasn't seeking immortality, just a scheme to get Freiren to train his adopted daughter of sorts.

Off topic but I wonder why Himmel the hero aged so fast? Both he and Heiter were human but Heiter seemed to age slower than he did visually, as well as the fact that he lived 20+ more years. Perhaps there is a reason for this. Which is that cursed artifact that he was holding on to for Freiren. It gave off this sinister aura but it seemed relatively harmless despite that...unless it was slowly absorbing his life force over time by being in such close proximity with it for a period of 50 years. This seems to be more likely than my first guess.

Anyways good episode, Freiren only has her warrior dwarf Eisen left from her original crew. Dwarves also age kind of slow in most fantasy series, but in this verse, not in the same realm as an elf apparently

I'm glad Fern was able to repay Heiter before he passed away

4.5/5
Oct 3, 2023 12:04 AM
Apr 2018
Another slightly sad episode. Another one of the party members and frierens friend passing away.

I liked helter, man was so full of life with his alcoholic antics and jokes plus his moments of wisdom and kindness. Enjoyed his last days with freiren and fern watching them bond knowing fern will be safe and have a future, kind of having inner peace for his adopted daughter. He taught her the value of life and the memories that come with it & never to abandon them like himmel would have done.
Fern wanted to give all his teachings justice and did too by fullfilling her goal at the end. Frieren also again pouring out her emotions rarely as shes ready to lose another of her close friends.
I think heiters plan was also having making freiren have company since shes always solo and lonely on her journey. He knew what he was doing even though he kinda tricked fern but it was wholesome. i wish they could have said their goodbyes properly but atleast freiren did his last wish of pouring drink on his grave. Rest in peace to a good character

We see freiren and fern start their journey, doing minimal jobs for small rewards, finally reaching the job of decorating himmels statue with his hometown flowers.. I like how fern was worried for her as frieren kept searching for the flowers and she didnt want them to spend her entire lifetime to do that, frieren also understood that its not just her time which was being used. Old herbalist lady was right, she is mature and knows what shes doing.
She found the flowers through the seed rats and man the ost that hit during the scene was just so right as another memory reignited in her again of their party in the flower field where himmel wanted to show her the flowers and finally she sees them but its a little longer than she wanted but still smiling showing she was glad that she finally saw them, really touching.
Then with the beautiful answer to fern to why she is passionate about magic to why they made the choice of choosing it by relating to her and himmels bonds similarity to fern and helters.

The crown she made for himmels statue with flowers like how he did for her back then was just the perfect way to end the episode. Good stuff.
Oct 3, 2023 6:55 AM
Jun 2007
Another friend, Heiter who passed away. Freiren "trained" Fern and they travel together.

Freiren managed to find Himmel's hometown flower.
Oct 3, 2023 8:57 AM
Jul 2020
Lovely melancholic anime
Oct 3, 2023 9:43 AM
Adventurer

Apr 2017
Wow... This show is better than I expected. Really shows how some memories can stick with us for a long time; the scene when Frieren found the flowers and smiled was beautiful.
I'll make it with the power of cute

I'm unstoppable
Oct 3, 2023 1:29 PM
Nov 2022
a gorgeous and magical beginning to an absolute masterpiece
Oct 3, 2023 2:56 PM
Jun 2020
fdsgghradesqdjsf
Oct 3, 2023 6:04 PM
Mar 2014
If this episode is exemplary of how the rest of the series will go, I am very excited. I love these small, intimate stories about memories and honoring our dead.
Oct 4, 2023 3:20 AM
May 2021
The ending man the ending!! Why is it so beautiful?!!
Oct 4, 2023 7:28 AM

May 2015
Frieren and Fern have different understandings of a short amount of time. Maybe a long life span brings about a high patience.
Oct 4, 2023 7:35 AM

Jan 2018
At first, I wasn't too sure. But after getting the taste from 2 episodes I do see why people say the OP doesn't fit. I like the song but I don't think it fits the anime very well. That being said I don't think that warrants any hatred towards YOASOBI.

I think this anime might be quite similar to To Your Eternity. Probably. Kinda wish To Your Eternity had this kind of production value though.
Oct 5, 2023 2:43 AM

Jul 2014
Ah man when I saw both her friends die and she's the one coming along it reminded a lot of To Your Eternity. The first 2 episodes and we get her long friends dying, I know what im getting myself into now. The blue moon weed scene was beautiful too when she put a crown of it on top of Himmel's head. I would definitely keep watching this.
Oct 5, 2023 1:50 PM

Jan 2021
Frieren in the beggining looked like she didn't care about her friends or persons in general but now I can understand her more and see that she only didn't comprehend most valuable thing to humans

Time

Oct 6, 2023 3:39 AM

Aug 2018
And that was Heiter's plan.
Now Fern will accompany Frieren.
The part about the blue moonflower was beautiful.
Very good chapter.
(Chapters 02 and 03 of the manga adapted.)

Oct 6, 2023 10:33 AM

May 2015
It's only the second episode but I already feel like crying.

Beautiful scenes with flowers. I also like how calm Frieren and Fern are.
Oct 6, 2023 10:43 AM
Dec 2021
don't like it , with already everyone know kind story
Oct 6, 2023 9:25 PM

Jan 2022
Heiter was really busy soaking up sunrays. I'm glad he's taking care of himself now. Poor Heiter cared so much about Fern. Man this show hurts so much.
This never updates so that's cool
Oct 7, 2023 3:42 AM

Jan 2020
What a beautiful episode yet again....
I think I'm actually falling in love with this anime. It's probably one of my favorites I've seen this year (I haven't seen much, from those that I watched this is the best).
Oct 7, 2023 5:39 AM
Jan 2022
very beautiful animation honestly stunned plus storytelling on point
Oct 7, 2023 12:57 PM

Aug 2021
this genuinely looks so beautiful so far. i was convinced with madhouse's recent projects that they have fallen from grace but this has proved they still have it in them when given the proper material
Oct 7, 2023 8:15 PM
Jan 2023
"They bury their food in so many places, they forget where" is fitting for Frieren's approach to life
Oct 8, 2023 10:34 AM

Aug 2019
I wish I could visit these beautiful locations in real life- so peaceful. It reminds me of the setting of Botw, perhaps it was inspired by it?
Oct 8, 2023 10:18 PM
Mar 2015
She honored 2 of her friends
Oct 8, 2023 10:42 PM
Sep 2021
Reply to Harvestor
I wish I could visit these beautiful locations in real life- so peaceful. It reminds me of the setting of Botw, perhaps it was inspired by it?
@Jasev The author never mentioned what inspired him for Frieren. But by the settings, you can see a lot of aspects of LOTR and D&D in it, not really BOTW.
Oct 9, 2023 1:54 PM

Sep 2014
This makes me wonder how other elves spend their time in this world and if this apathy is just Frierens personality or a byproduct of their long lives.
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sousou no Frieren Episode 28 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Mar 22

822 by Seruroku »»
8 hours ago

Poll: » Sousou no Frieren Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Sep 29, 2023

585 by BlueSnow93 »»
8 hours ago

Poll: » "Sousou no Frieren" Adult Adaptation has been announced ( 1 2 )

deg - May 16

53 by Ionliosite2 »»
Yesterday, 11:40 AM

Poll: » Will Season 2 be just as good?

GoatPieceLuffy - May 22

29 by Pinoffin »»
Yesterday, 11:05 AM

» A question about Himmel (spoiler)

ColourWheel - May 22

12 by sjabeen »»
Yesterday, 12:38 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.