Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jul 1, 2023 11:51 AM
Jun 2021
Nice very little bit empty final
Jul 1, 2023 11:53 AM
Jun 2022
How many chapters was this season?
Jul 1, 2023 11:56 AM
Jul 2020
As someone that finished the manga, this was a really solid adaptation. From there though, it only gets better and better and I cannot wait to see the best parts animated.
Jul 1, 2023 11:56 AM

Nov 2016
Marinate1016 said:
FMmatron said:
That was a close one for Shion. Savage how he cut himself to stop the flowers from sprouting. Senta unfortunately wasn't as lucky ot should I say skilled(the irony of him not seeing it come despite the glasses on whereas the blind guy succeeded), yet he contributed to the victory as well. RIP boysimping ain't worth it

8/10

Pretty promising beginning to Hell's Paradise. I hope it gets even better later down the line. New characters? I'm all for that.

Lol let's pretend JJK doesn't exist

I already do since it’s ass

Is that you?

Marinate1016 said:
Lol 43 people voted this ep 1 out of 5 on MAL. Everyone knows I hate shonen but you’re capping off you give this finale anything below a 5. MAPPA absolutely surpassed any type of expectations I’d had for that final fight/black flash today.

This was nothing short of a 10/10 adaptation of the manga, if anything the job MAPPA did was beyond a 10, because the story of this part of the manga was like an 8/8.5, but the way they brought it to life in the anime was a masterpiece. JJK 0 anime movie announced and with how the manga’s doing according to Oricon I see season 2 coming VERY soon.

fickle minion having an opinion

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jul 1, 2023 12:06 PM

Aug 2022
I really want for his wife to be real. Just like Sagiri said it'd be too sad if she wasn't.
Jul 1, 2023 12:09 PM
A sandwich

Jul 2020
And that's a wrap on a series that... simply wasn't for me.

I got bored on almost every episode because I wasn't able to care for any character or what was going on. As they fell like flies, the ones that survived didn't offer much in my eyes (Sagari, Yuzuriha, Gabimaru). There were many well animated battles for sure but I just couldn't be bothered to get invested and I tried to the point where I ended up watching it all.

Whatever, I'll probably skip the next season.
⠓⠥⠍⠁⠝⠊⠞⠽ ⠞⠓⠗⠕⠥⠛⠓ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠎⠞⠥⠏⠊⠙⠊⠞⠽⠂ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠺⠊⠇⠇ ⠎⠅⠊⠏ ⠺⠁⠎⠓⠊⠝⠛ ⠞⠓⠑⠊⠗ ⠓⠁⠝⠙⠎ ⠁⠝⠙ ⠑⠝⠙ ⠥⠏ ⠗⠥⠊⠝⠊⠝⠛ ⠊
⠞ ⠋⠕⠗ ⠑⠧⠑⠗⠽⠕⠝⠑
⠎⠓⠊⠊⠅⠕ ⠁⠕⠎⠕⠊⠂ ⠼⠃⠼⠚⠼⠁⠼⠓
Jul 1, 2023 12:16 PM
Apr 2022
I hated how it ended, but atleast they somewhat set the scene for the next season and I can't wait until it airs.
Jul 1, 2023 12:19 PM

Feb 2019
FMmatron said:
Marinate1016 said:

Is that you?

Marinate1016 said:
Lol 43 people voted this ep 1 out of 5 on MAL. Everyone knows I hate shonen but you’re capping off you give this finale anything below a 5. MAPPA absolutely surpassed any type of expectations I’d had for that final fight/black flash today.

This was nothing short of a 10/10 adaptation of the manga, if anything the job MAPPA did was beyond a 10, because the story of this part of the manga was like an 8/8.5, but the way they brought it to life in the anime was a masterpiece. JJK 0 anime movie announced and with how the manga’s doing according to Oricon I see season 2 coming VERY soon.

fickle minion having an opinion

Not even gonna try to decipher what that means
Jul 1, 2023 12:20 PM

Feb 2019
shash_sama18 said:
Marinate1016 said:

Finally someone who thinks just like me! JJK is overrated based on what we have seen only in the anime so far

Even for what the manga has its overrated. Art is shit and the story fell off after Shibuya aka s2 in the anime.
Jul 1, 2023 12:24 PM

May 2015
Pretty good but classic anime.
Jul 1, 2023 12:33 PM
Apr 2023
GABİMARU WİFE WİFE WİFEEEEE
Jul 1, 2023 1:03 PM
Jul 2017
Great finale, looking forward to season 2!
Jul 1, 2023 1:32 PM

Apr 2023
Out of all the last episodes of this season (the ones I've seen so far) this was the best one. What a twist, what Yuzu said was such a surprise to me. I honestly felt the same way as Sagiri towards the end. Damn, I'll miss this show, good thing season 2 was already confirmed!

For a battle shonen this was fantastic. I really liked the plot and the way the character development was made for every single one of them. OST was also solid. If I had to nitpick something about the series, it would probably be the animation in some of the fights, other than that, it has anything you could possibly ask for a battle shonen.

This gets a solid: 9/10.
Perfect for anyone that enjoys watching shonen!
LysaredJul 1, 2023 1:38 PM
Jul 1, 2023 1:46 PM
Feb 2021
Waiting for Season 2.
Jul 1, 2023 2:04 PM

Jul 2022
NANI?!??! IT WAS ALL A LIE?!?!??!!!?? AND NOW HE LOST HIS MEMORY???!!?!?!
ok 8/10
Jul 1, 2023 2:12 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
ooh, like the twist. I thought for a while that it was strange for the mc to be locked down romantically already. Nothing sells like shipping.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jul 1, 2023 2:16 PM

Dec 2022
what a shock that gabimaru forgot everything maybe he just got out of his mind control
Jul 1, 2023 2:36 PM

Aug 2017
Yamada Asaemon Shion dono is one badass mother trucker. His tao is on par if not even better than Mu dan's flower kishikai form. This Shion dude can cut and destroy at will.
Seeing him unleash his rage gave me chills. Definitely a Berserk moment. Tenza dono would be proud of his former master. May he get the vengeance that he deserves.
Sagiri really impressed me in this episode. She became the best decoy for Shion dono. Her tao is more accurate and fast so she can destroy those flowers at ease.
Team work makes the dream work. Such an epic battle.

Gabimaru seems to lose his memory from using too much tao. Hopefully he can recover in the second season hehe.

Overall, it was a great first season. It was a lot of fun to watch and can't wait for more.

Jul 1, 2023 2:45 PM

Aug 2011
It was a entertaining, I enjoyed in particular that the characters are deep and have interesting backgrounds to back up their personalities and decisions during the story. However, I am not a big fan of having a big cast introduced for many of them just to die some episodes later.
I was in particular a big fan of Subaru Tenza and it wasn’t very nice to see him die so early.

Said that, my body is ready for another season of this!

» Escapism.

Jul 1, 2023 2:48 PM
Mar 2023
Great manga , nice anime , will wait for season 2 even if I know already everything about Jigokuraku
Jul 1, 2023 2:52 PM
Jan 2023
Nice build up in the argument and even though the animation isn't that impressive, the show keeps getting more interesting.
Jul 1, 2023 3:00 PM
Feb 2016
Me gusta el anime, pero que tenga continuación pronto

Jul 1, 2023 3:02 PM

Feb 2017
oh damn that thing about his wife possibly not even being real is crazy. i'm ngl, i was feeling like sagiri and gabimaru had to be romantically paired in canon at some point. i just couldn't figure out how they could do this with gabimaru's wife existing. if he was being deceived, this would actually make so much sense. i feel like most shounen try to pair up the main male and female characters, which is why i was very confused that they didn't immediately try to shove gabimaru and sagiri into a romantic relationship. also it seems like the male/female pairs of yamada asaemon + criminal had romantic undertones (akaginu trying to seduce shion; senta's admiration for yuzuriha), so this is just furthering my belief that sagiri and gabimaru will end up together at some point.

just thinking out loud here. it could be that his wife actually does exist, and for a change, a shounen series isn't going to have the main male and female leads in a romantic relationship. i guess no 2nd season has been announced (???), but i will definitely keep watching if they do continue this series. i'm VERY intrigued about the possibility of gabimaru being deceived by his village

placeholder text
Jul 1, 2023 3:02 PM
Feb 2023
Is Good.........
Jul 1, 2023 3:09 PM

Dec 2018
First tensen to die, and he is actually glad to die....
Glad Senta tell them about the tendon of a flower since he studied them before.

Yuzuriha is actually a nice girl... She seems like lying sometime, but in this episode... Seems like all of her words are sincerely form her heart. She's a nice kunoichi.

nurugai can dodge a 'boss' level monster, not bad for a kid.

And now Gabimaru is losing his memories.... Guess Sagiri will returning them soon. Hope second season soon~ the new characters introduced at the end after the ED song looks badass.

Jul 1, 2023 3:23 PM
Dec 2017
Not really the end of the story. Of course, I want more episodes in this beautiful island.
Shion is the best, nice final fight, seems a little bit rush but the animation is very nice.
A lot of mystery, Gabimaru seems losing his mind because of his tao ?

8/10 with an OP/ED banger, nice animation, a lot of colours
Jul 1, 2023 3:24 PM

Jan 2011
this had some average visuals an some underwhelming action scenes, it did have a couple of cool characters an despite the slow an boring start it got a bit better towards the second half
that aside i liked the twist that Gabimarus wife might not even exist

5/10
Jul 1, 2023 3:36 PM
Oct 2016
A great way to end season one by both looking forward and backwards. How many we've lost in such a short time and how things will change moving forward. We've had many Asaemon lose their lives and only a single Tensen has been killed. It's taken a lot to get this far. I enjoyed this show a lot, I think there's tons of merit in it. Its not always the prettiest show and the plot is clunky but it has a lot of cool stuff too. The cast is full of variety in its characters, they really make the show fun to watch. Gabimaru and Sagiri offer an interesting foil right away and as the show moves forward the cast expands to offer very different personalities. I think the perspective shifting around to different characters once they reach the island is very entertaining and keeps things fresh all the time. It definitely helped keep the story from not getting stale once the different character groups started fighting those giant monsters. The Tensen being introduced as a big bad group of villains to fight. Their devastating abilities and regeneration lead them to become formidable enemies to see the characters fight over and over. Tao abilities giving them the means to fight back which gave use some awesome fights I liked. Overall this show is rough around the edges but still solid.
80/100
Jul 1, 2023 3:36 PM

May 2014
Okay if his wife isn't actually real then he can get with Sagiri. The ship can sail yet!

The aesthetic of the island with all the colorful flowers was very striking. I liked the characters and the bad guys have interesting powers. Solid 8/10. 

Jul 1, 2023 3:43 PM

Apr 2015
I enjoy this show's style more than Demon Slayer.
Jul 1, 2023 3:59 PM
Oct 2018
ok this leave me with so many question ,season 02 will definitely answer them
lets talk how beautiful the closing theme song is <3
Jul 1, 2023 3:59 PM

Apr 2018
Shion's probably my favorite character in this serie, mainly because he's just a badass guy. He singlehandely weakened the monster and ended it together with Sagiri and Nurugai. Well, the detail in the character designs and color pallete were incredibly well done, but I felt like the animation was lacking for most part in this serie. Even though it is animated by MAPPA, everything felt really basic and had no speciality whatsoever. It was still good, don't get me wrong on that. It was just basic IMO. The opening was honestly my favorite from this season and the soundtrack overall was really good. Im looking forward for the second cour which has some badass moments left.

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Jul 1, 2023 4:15 PM

Apr 2015
What an twistful ending. was a nice series
Jul 1, 2023 4:34 PM
May 2017
Great conclusion for the first season of jigokuraku. Yuzuriha's theory that Gabimaru's memories of the village chief and his wife could be fabricated changes everything. Seeing as the extended use of Tao have messed with his memories (or maybe breaking the genjutsu) checks out with what she said.

Depending on when they plan on dropping season 2, I may just binge the manga like I'm planning on doing with heavenly delusion

overall I have to give this an 8.5/10
Jul 1, 2023 4:35 PM
May 2023
After reading the manga recently, this was actually weel done.
Jul 1, 2023 5:05 PM
Daydreamer

Mar 2020
This episode didn't feel like a season finale, but it was really good, especially the fight. I am so sorry for Senta, he was a really good character. Overall, the setting and visuals were unique, and characters behaviour felt so natural, compared to other anime with forced and unrealistic reactions. I hope Gabimaru's wife is not an illusion, I am looking forward ti discover it in the next season.
Jul 1, 2023 5:06 PM
Apr 2023
Best animation of the season.
Jul 1, 2023 5:26 PM
Apr 2022
fancyjasper said:
Okay if his wife isn't actually real then he can get with Sagiri. The ship can sail yet!

The aesthetic of the island with all the colorful flowers was very striking. I liked the characters and the bad guys have interesting powers. Solid 8/10. 

Oh shit god no not that. Everything but that. I wish and I pray that the wife is real.

I fckin knew people will start shipping Gabimaru with Sagiri once the existence of the wife was in daubt.

Jesus Christ if they're gonna make another romance of this Im gonna loose my faith in good mangas
Jul 1, 2023 6:27 PM

Apr 2022
jesus christ, one of the most disappointing adaptations i've ever seen. i trusted in mappa after they dropped csm, but this ain't it.

they dropped the opening of the season though, i've had that on spotify for a while now.

mommy yuzuriha should've licked something else man. would've saved this season. but yeah, manga is so clear, this adaptation made me bored several times. 5/10 for me, maybe a 6 if i feel generous.
hoping the next season is a huge improvement from this one. still can't believe one of the dark trio received this kinda treatment though, just sad.
Jul 1, 2023 6:44 PM

Dec 2020
Solllliiiid finish
Jul 1, 2023 7:37 PM

Aug 2020
Oh boy, I enjoyed this season a lot. What a nice finding. Hope it gets even better in the next parts. Ended things with a wild cliffhanger.

Jul 1, 2023 7:42 PM

Dec 2018
wow what an episode; that fight was insane but it looks like our guys memories are all messed up now. such a high note to end on but also the tension is killing me. looks like they're going to send someone else to check up on everyone too.
Jul 1, 2023 7:43 PM

Oct 2017
Tbh was disappointed with the adaptation as a whole.
It's not rly a bad production, but it just feel ... passionless...
They're up against some god like beings but the overall scope and demonstration of the fight feels very unintimidating.
The final boss doesn't feel like final boss at all.
The combat system in general is adapted quite uninspiring too.  All the swordsman pretty much fight the same.

Also the plot is getting more and more generic every following episode.
Opponents casually exposition dump and explain all the details good guys have to learn in order to become stronger/ defeat them.
Good guys casually grasp the technique in a blink which usually took hundreds of years to master cuz they're all prodigies, etc.
Jul 1, 2023 8:01 PM
Mar 2015
Life is an illusion after all Who will watch the watchers
Jul 1, 2023 8:15 PM

Oct 2017
ZER0PT said:
Unpopular opinion: This is one of the best battle shounens of these past 10 years. Even better than Demon Slayer.
Love the very oriental aesthetic of everything while also being super creepy and creative with the villains.
The plot is simple but very enjoyable.
9/10

The bar is pretty low if you use Demon Slayer as metric lolz..
Jul 1, 2023 8:32 PM

Nov 2012
RIP Senta. I was rooting for you.  He pulled through w/info in the end! 

That thing had the nerve to say thank you to Shion.  Bia you could've been died!

S2 here yet?  Where is it?  I need it now.
Jul 1, 2023 8:43 PM
May 2023
its a decent anime i believe
Jul 1, 2023 8:47 PM
Dec 2015
What will happen to gabimaru?
Jul 1, 2023 8:56 PM
Jan 2023
Great show I guess
Jul 1, 2023 10:25 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
I'll re-watch the whole thing shortly before season 2/part 2 whatever airs, and maybe I'll find it more enjoyable as a binge watch. For now, it was nothing amazing, just an alright shounen. I was actually more invested in it BEFORE they went to the island.

6.8/10

NYANPASU
5700XT

Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Jigokuraku Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 15, 2023

310 by Sun_Chan »»
31 minutes ago

Poll: » Jigokuraku Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 8, 2023

356 by Sun_Chan »»
43 minutes ago

Poll: » Jigokuraku Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 1, 2023

552 by Sun_Chan »»
1 hour ago

Poll: » Jigokuraku Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 29, 2023

207 by teraphIl1000 »»
May 19, 10:48 AM

Poll: » Jigokuraku Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 20, 2023

332 by NovaVxid »»
Apr 30, 4:19 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.