Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
May 6, 2023 12:15 PM
Mar 2021
CannedMarmalade said:
Very weak episode in terms of production values.

True, seems like nobody else noticed
May 6, 2023 12:26 PM

Nov 2013
The end be like:

"Please don't mind us. Carry on"
May 6, 2023 12:26 PM
Jan 2023
don't you think the animation was a bit sloppy, or is it only me
May 6, 2023 12:28 PM

May 2021
I would be surprised if people still don't get why Sagiri appeared weak after this episode. Either way, what an ending. I guess gay girls truly are the future.

Manish1710 said:

It's not completely bad but at certain points, it does feel a bit off.

May 6, 2023 12:37 PM

Jul 2022
soooo sagiri is actually very strong huh, well anyway the animation felt a little off this episode i hope this doesn't continue for the rest of the season

but broooo that scene at the end was hot af
May 6, 2023 12:58 PM
Oct 2019
Finally, the "bouncing boobily" and "jiggling bootily" enter the scene.
May 6, 2023 12:59 PM
Aug 2016
sick fight, sad what happened to Sagiris friends.. ayo that ending tho😳
May 6, 2023 1:02 PM

Feb 2010
tbh the more I watch, the more I start to think that the elixir is just the disease or bacteria that turns people into immortal flower insects
May 6, 2023 1:19 PM
Dec 2017
animations and direction still mediocre, and is it possible that Mappa fails to really enhance this show?
May 6, 2023 1:20 PM
May 2021
Animation in this episode was very bad
May 6, 2023 1:21 PM
May 2021
Manish1710 said:

Indeed it was. Mappa exhausted the budget lol
May 6, 2023 1:22 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
That ending too me by surprise. Those ladies look like bad news for sure.

Sagiri showing her worth was great to see.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

May 6, 2023 1:26 PM
Sep 2019
deg said:
balance in all things thats the conviction of Sagiri now eh

and damn the animation is so bad this episode too

Ok thank god I thought I was the only one who noticed how subpar the animation was
May 6, 2023 1:32 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
1. Yuzuriha needs to be more than just "there"

2. i like the way this episode ended...
May 6, 2023 1:33 PM

Jan 2009
Cyaudrein said:
deg said:
balance in all things thats the conviction of Sagiri now eh

and damn the animation is so bad this episode too

Ok thank god I thought I was the only one who noticed how subpar the animation was

ye last 3-4 episodes have mid to bad animation if i remember right and i expect that to continue knowing the staff for this show is not that talented anyway according to the sakuga community that always reads the japanese staff credits on each episode
May 6, 2023 1:33 PM
May 2017
Good episode, i was hoping Sagiri would step up to the challenge and she did. I really wanna see how useful the other 2 turn out to be as informants. Cuz they are keeping things to themselves and won't assist in the fighting

And damn the old man hermits turned out to be babes, good for guys i guess😂
May 6, 2023 1:39 PM

Aug 2016
This show seems to be at its weakest when focused on action, so it's a shame that's most of what this episode was.

May 6, 2023 1:50 PM

Feb 2018
With Sagiri able to fine tune her abilities, that giant wasn't much of a problem her and Gabimaru.
The first village they've come across on this island...I've got a feeling its not going to be quite that simple.
Also looks like the brothers might have found some inhabitants of the island who were a bit...preoccupied...
May 6, 2023 2:05 PM

Sep 2015
I really like how Sagiri looked for this episode, especially seeing her sweating. But the impact is missing the oomph, So I didn't really get that satisfaction. The expositions were nice.
August 6th 2023: Biggest upset ever, deception, selfishness, or scammed, manipulated. Heavy damage costs, and more. Days since: 15 Last updated: 8/21/2023

One Piece Episode 1041 & 1042 & 1047 & 1048 & 95.75%/1049 & 1053 were a mistake and Uta brought the salvation -AhriTheS3xyFox

May 6, 2023 2:21 PM
Sep 2015
just one word: delicious
May 6, 2023 2:24 PM
Aug 2020
2v1 WAS CRAZYYY. The plan to knock him over with the smoke was cool
May 6, 2023 2:40 PM

Jul 2020
i'm gonna be frank, the series has been fucking dogshit for a majority of its run and this episode is honestly all the shows problems to the max

the cinematography and composition is ugly and hideous, the zoom ins, the animation on the trees and the overall animation for the fights in general were jank, nauseating and extremely flimsy. doesn't really make it better that the cast has been nothing more than 2-dimensional archetypes especially since instead of just developing these characters through the longevity of the story, they cram them in these exposition dumps and its frankly amateurish, sagiri is the closest thing that the series has to a decent character i have to say

the production is terrible, especially in this episode and the writing isnt that much better
May 6, 2023 4:18 PM

Jan 2021
With that description of the hermits, I can't help but wonder if the Iwagakure head is one of them and just escaped to mainland Japan. I don't remember if we got any information on him before, but it may help to explain why his "immortality" is leagues above the rest.

May 6, 2023 4:22 PM
Dec 2021
Vooo said:
Sagiri was not prepared for this journey. Why did they send her again?

Because they wanted some character development
May 6, 2023 4:41 PM

Apr 2015
Pre_Yum said:
Rasco said:
Its funny how they almost were killed by some retard strength man child.
you wanna know something funny. He's an 8-year-old child. LMAO. https://twitter.com/jplus_jigokurak/status/1654855318340513792
Wow, I'm glad I saw this lol
May 6, 2023 4:52 PM
Dec 2014
absolutely terrible episode. 

after being useless Sagiri can suddenly deflect his blows?? 
Yuzuriha is so annoying I hope there's some sort of comeuppance
poor production values
May 6, 2023 5:07 PM

Aug 2020
3/5

Finally, a good episode!! Not great but definitely better than the last two

We immediately get some Gabimaru vs Rokurota action. The choreography was abysmal at some instance, not very fluid and awful use of stills. There were obviously some highlights but again, the fights felt mostly flaccid as oppose to exciting. I also didn't prefer the casual conversations in the middle of the fight(obviously a common shounen trope). Idk, just takes the foot of the gas, ya know

The Sagiri segments were brilliantly done and has redeemed her character a bit for me. Again, the resolutions were too of the book but whatever. I actually enjoy her character more in the anime than the manga, THERE I SAID IT!!

The ending sequence was something, huh? Mappa definitely don't miss in that department xD. Excited for the next few episodes!! ~~
May 6, 2023 5:23 PM

Apr 2022
i struggle to focus on anything else when yuzuriha is on screen, just her presence is-
but that animation still ain't it. makes me glad i read the manga first instead.
we get out first look at tao fa and ju fa and that was a very well-animated kiss, guess mappa got different priorities.
aza is a complete savage, drinking blood like that.
May 6, 2023 5:27 PM

Aug 2017
Ayooo!
That giant of Bizen gave both Gabimaru and Sagiri a run for their money's worth. Probably their hardest fight by far.
I like how calm and collected Sagiri is. She removed all of her emotions and let reason take over. She was basically riding the waves.
Gabimaru used his ninjutsu asceptic blaze on the giant. Setting a blaze on the forest causing a wild fire. This gave Sagiri an opening to behead the giant.
That was some good teamwork.

May 6, 2023 5:28 PM

May 2021
Decent episode, not much to say, 6/10.
May 6, 2023 5:47 PM
Aug 2018
ProofByColor said:
Idk man this show kinda jank. Sagiri really was trying to make us feel sympathy for the spoiled kid who killed his parents for being a greedy, hungry bastard? Misogyny dude decided woman ain't so bad when at deaths door. But what wtf is with ever fight in this series just being a stupid ass monologue about how Sagiri is a woman samurai or that Gabi loves his wife.

Finally someone said it.

Sometimes the dialogue in this show is just dumb as fuck, so poorly written and as shallow as it can get

Not to mention the production is just getting worse and worse, the animation in this episode was ass, I couldn't understand half of what was happening during their fight with the giant due to the weird ass transitions between frames, it looked like I was watching an unfinished episode. I've heard they are having trouble with the schedule for this anime.. well it definitely looks like it
May 6, 2023 5:54 PM
Mar 2023
the fight was cool but is no one gonna talk about the end
May 6, 2023 6:08 PM
May 2021
that ending though
May 6, 2023 6:32 PM
Aug 2018
LifeisTrulyFun said:
i'm gonna be frank, the series has been fucking dogshit for a majority of its run and this episode is honestly all the shows problems to the max

the cinematography and composition is ugly and hideous, the zoom ins, the animation on the trees and the overall animation for the fights in general were jank, nauseating and extremely flimsy. doesn't really make it better that the cast has been nothing more than 2-dimensional archetypes especially since instead of just developing these characters through the longevity of the story, they cram them in these exposition dumps and its frankly amateurish, sagiri is the closest thing that the series has to a decent character i have to say

the production is terrible, especially in this episode and the writing isnt that much better

Truer words have never been spoken...

And I'm with you in that Sagiri statement.. she's the most real, genuine character of the series so far, yet her shining moments are being ruined by this corny ass joke of an animation

Just like the guy above said it looks like Mappa had different priorities, the best animated sequence of the episode was the freaking kiss lmao (and that wasn't even in the manga)
May 6, 2023 6:36 PM

Jan 2011
unfortunatelly the fight was pretty bad
May 6, 2023 7:06 PM

Nov 2012
Those 2 idiots at the end can't be dumb enough to fall for that, right?
May 6, 2023 7:22 PM
Oct 2019
Let's go Sagiri!! using that Water Breathing Technique...

Ayooo that ending though...

May 6, 2023 7:23 PM

Jan 2010
I did expect that there was going to be other people/humans in the island beside them... but I didn't expect them to be some hot ladies enjoying themself.

Well let's see about that.
May 6, 2023 7:40 PM
Apr 2022
maybe the place isn't so bad after all
May 6, 2023 7:51 PM

Jul 2013
The fight against Rokurota was by no means a spectacular one, but without a doubt the toughest so far. That Gabimaru would have such problems was extremely surprising since none of his Ninpo were showing any effect. 

Sad that Genji had to be dying first to understand the path Sagiri chose for herself, but better late than never. Ironically, Genji and Eizen were the ones who wanted to rebuke Sagiri for being a woman and yet they were the first to die. At least Sagiri got a new sword, which was extremely important in the fight against Rokurota. 

The strength Gabimaru felt in Sagiri was now more and more apparent. It says enough that both Senta and Genji ranked her pure skill higher than first rate. I didn't exactly expect Gabimaru to use his Ascetic Blaze to set the forest on fire and bring down Rokurota from a carbon monoxide poisoning. At least Sagiri therefor had the chance to decapitate Rokurota, which she gratefully accepted. This fight, or rather this experience should have boosted Sagiri's confidence tremendously, which will likely be important for future fights. 

I'm still not sure why these strange giant monsters marched towards the fire. Do they want to extinguish it or is there another reason? 

At least Gabimaru and Sagiri were able to find the previously escaped Yuzuriha and Senta, who made an amazing discovery. A village on such an island actually sounds rather utopian, right? I mean who or what could potentially live here? 

At the same time, Choubei and Touma made a, shall we say, rather "stimulating" discovery? Probably the most erotic way to eat fruit I've seen in anime form so far. Now I'm obviously curious who these two ladies are ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Natsu88May 7, 2023 3:13 PM

May 6, 2023 8:27 PM
Jan 2023
lesbians!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
May 6, 2023 9:11 PM

Dec 2012
Glad to see Sagiri get vindicated this episode. I really do like the way she's shaping up, striking a balance between reason & emotion. It's especially reflected in the way she lays that big boy to rest. Sagiri is quite literally adding a woman's touch to her swordsmanship.

The contrasting image of two beautiful women gorging themselves on a pile of rot draws out the absolute decadence of the title Hell's Paradise.
May 6, 2023 9:20 PM

Oct 2017
So the author knows how to use smoke to poison/ choke an opponent, a SUPER human to be more precise, but apparently the main casts can stand in there breathing the same smoke like nothing happened.
So he immune to almost all physical attack and fire but smoke works on him normally.

Sagiri didn't even have mask nor protection and they're standing in smoke like nothing. She's not like super human Gabimaru so her not getting affected by smoke makes no sense at all. I thought at least they'd be smart enough to hold their breathe but they're casually talking in the smoke like it was nothing..  
At least give an attempt to cover up this none sense by letting them finding something to cover their nose. (Even though in reality it still barely protects you from carbon monoxide poisoning but we all know manga authors usually donnu how lethal smoke is and always make fire scene escape like walk in a park.
May 6, 2023 9:26 PM
Jun 2007
Sagiri steps up and become real "executioner" now.
Woah whats with the two ladies in the end
May 6, 2023 9:33 PM

Dec 2012
Ventus_S said:
So the author knows how to use smoke to poison/ choke an opponent, a SUPER human to be more precise, but apparently the main casts can stand in there breathing the same smoke like nothing happened.
The smokes rises to the tree lines, where the giant's head is. Since Gabimaru & Sagiri were below, their main risk was the fire. If you're in a burning building, it's more dangerous to be on the second floor filled with smoke than the first floor with fire. That's why ninja girl made a clean break for it because she was also up in the trees.
May 6, 2023 9:37 PM

Jul 2021
The animation in this episode was so fucking ass and I had to pause at times, but since I have already read the manga, I can continue whenever I want. However, in terms of the episode's content, it was great to see Sagiri shine and resolve some personal issues. She showcased her abilities and talents, and both she and Gabimaru have the same goal of completing the task quickly. Gabimaru wants to reunite with his wife, and Sagiri wants to release herself and her fellow students from their duties.

May 6, 2023 10:20 PM

Dec 2017
Wow...!!! What an absolutely great episode. Every new one is better. What a great anime out of the things everyone is watching...
May 6, 2023 10:38 PM

Mar 2008
As wild as that was I'm still left feeling amiss how it was basically a big fight against a big baby that's too strong to get how he's supposed to be able to exist without an explanation.

That's an interesting surprise for a cliffhanger. Either those girls are the true hermits that live there or it's an illusion.

viperhc said:
I knew that Sagiri and Gabimaru would have to work together to survive and they showed it here by killing that giant man-child. It's a shame that Yuzuriha didn't help out but I guess it is every man (and woman) for themselves.

That cliffhanger at the end, are those 2 even human? The pink haired one had breasts but the blonde one I don't think did so maybe one is male (it's kind of hard to tell) but regardless I'm wondering if they're the hermits that were referred to just before that final scene. Definitely curious to find out who/what they are doing on that hellish island.

The blonde you can see a line indicating one of her breasts pressed against the other girl before that one lifts her arm. You only see it for a second so i could see how you could miss it.

deg said:
Cyaudrein said:

ye last 3-4 episodes have mid to bad animation if i remember right and i expect that to continue knowing the staff for this show is not that talented anyway according to the sakuga community that always reads the japanese staff credits on each episode

Wouldnt staff differ episode to episode sometimes for some shows or is it always same staff through and through?
May 6, 2023 10:47 PM

Feb 2018
Extremely boring shit. Should've dropped it on first episode, but MAPPA production carried the first 5 episodes for me
May 6, 2023 11:35 PM
Dec 2022
It just gets better and better, I love hoe Sagiri's character is written, it's seldom that you get to see well written strong females in shonen anime
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Why are the animations so bad? ( 1 2 3 )

ScrewFiction - Aug 27, 2023

119 by OvergrownRover »»
Sep 11, 12:03 AM

Poll: » Jigokuraku Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 22, 2023

243 by jilebi_james23 »»
Sep 9, 7:23 AM

Poll: » Jigokuraku Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 15, 2023

313 by jilebi_james23 »»
Sep 7, 3:44 PM

Poll: » Jigokuraku Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 8, 2023

361 by jilebi_james23 »»
Sep 7, 2:46 PM

Poll: » Jigokuraku Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 1, 2023

556 by jilebi_james23 »»
Sep 7, 2:16 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.