Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Sep 27, 2021 7:52 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
It's way better than I thought, that kind of direction and artistic choice is really interesting
Sep 27, 2021 8:04 PM

Aug 2016
Reminds me of afro samurai wich means: boring.
:v
Sep 28, 2021 11:50 AM

Oct 2008
I'm a simple man with simple tastes. They put "star wars" with actual good star wars stories, fights, mojo, etc. I watch, I like, I stay!
For the ones that like to bother others (like me) with "you should read the manga/LN", please stop. I don't read mangas, I will NOT read mangas, I will not listen to what manga readers complain in adaptation to the anime counterpart, I only watch anime except in very few and specific situations.
Sep 28, 2021 12:44 PM

Apr 2010
I'm Darth Poppins y'all

Sep 28, 2021 9:42 PM
Superior

Apr 2008
BIPOC girlboss killed by neo-nazi cis samurai guy.

I don't even need to watch the rest of the episodes, this series is a 1/10.
Oct 1, 2021 7:18 AM

Jun 2015
Perfect. I basically saw my old sw/rouroni kenshin fanfic come to life. And the Ronin s lightsaber being red made it better.

Also they give sith lord titles to some weakass punks. This girl, Darth bandon.

Btw he's called Ronin but he himself never says he's not sith as he does Jedi.

Infact sith have no compunction killing other sith, hell it's kinda their thing.
Oct 2, 2021 3:14 PM

Apr 2012
Wow, that was pretty great. And it worked perfectly as a Star Wars. More please.
Oct 6, 2021 1:52 AM

Sep 2016
Honestly, this felt more like an episode of Samurai Jack than Star Wars, but I love Samurai Jack so I loved this! I also loved the animation, it being in black and white except for the lightsabers make it even more beautiful. Also, need more umbrella lightsaber.
Oct 25, 2021 1:35 PM

Jul 2015
Cool mix of like samurai + kinda Kurosawa black & white color scheme + star wars. I like the umbrella lightsaber but also the reveal that the Ronin is neither a jedi or by the way he acts a sith

Nov 3, 2021 6:20 PM
Apr 2019
Watched the first episode, what a mess! Now my biggest problem with this is that it’s obviously just a gimmick. It half asses and throws in a bunch of anime tropes with no real weight behind anything and calls it a day. The plot is practically non existant, bad guys show up and they fight. The main character has no personality or motivation as far as episode 1 goes. The art style I’ll give them credit for cause it looked like they tried to do something different, but it didn’t stick the landing, likewise with the animation. I will compliment them on the battles cause they tried new things with the force and the saners, whoch was cool. There were also some hints of strategy in the battle so that was also cool. As for the rest? Bad. The villain was there just to be the villain, we know nothing of the backstories or motivation of any of the characters. The characters are all bland and of very little signifigance to the events that take place. Having bland side characters for one episode or mini arc can work if it uses that time to establish the main character, however visions chose not to do that leaving no lasting impact to any of the events. Visions reeks of a half assed gimmick with no (excuse my pun) vision behind it. A directionless bore meant to reel in the anime and star wars fandom. I still think there is room to grow and develop vision, and if done correctly, can end up being a very cool new addition to the star wars franchise. Visions should focus on developing the world and different cultures outside of what we’ve seen before, they should explore a more grounded view of this incredible world, and go where star wars on the big screen hasn’t or can’t go. Explore a more human day to day side of the galaxy, how everyday people live. Vision has potential but to fulfill that potential the producers, writers, directors and studio involved need direction and most important! Passion! Might revisit some time in the future
TargeitNov 3, 2021 6:23 PM
Nov 14, 2021 11:20 PM

May 2015
I've never watched anything from the Star Wars franchise, so I was lost through the episode
When I saw Kamikaze Douga at the beginning I was expecting Pop Team Epic lol
I'll continue and see what happens, might have to read a wiki or two to know the definitions
Jan 31, 2022 5:11 PM

Jun 2017
This was a great duel. I wonder if this show is canon though, and if it is does it confirm the existence of the grey jedi? after all, he was neither a seth nor a jedi, and he didn't defend the village until his robot was hurt.
Feb 18, 2022 4:59 PM

Feb 2019
That was insane! I love the art style, the unique Sith and the lightsaber fights.

It's always awesome to see new, legendary Sith of the past. However, the English dub voice acting for the female Sith and village fighters was sub par - I feel like they got normal voice actors that weren't comfortable with doing proper grunting and expressions. It's a shame because otherwise it would have been perfect.
I am not a weeb, I simply enjoy 2D girls
Mar 10, 2022 12:48 PM

Nov 2014
MichaelJackson said:

Agree boring also this was typical bloodless Di$ney garbage. Kinda surprised how bad it was.
May 23, 2022 9:37 PM
Oct 2019
ACBlackJ0ck said:
I'm Darth Poppins y'all

lmfao

clever comment
May 23, 2022 9:37 PM
Oct 2019
MichaelJackson said:

afro samurai was bad

this wasn't bad
May 23, 2022 9:39 PM
Oct 2019
that art style was phenomenal. star wars samurai. sweet new light saber

really enjoyed this. but i fear it's going to be nigh impossible for the other episodes to match this quality

8+/10
Jun 28, 2022 1:15 PM
Mar 2020
wasnt to sure about the art style but this was great, I guess you can make this franchse interesting afterall if you're not worried about selling a new toy
Mar 12, 2023 9:36 PM

Nov 2012
Terrible imo. Trying so desperately to be the Animatrix of star wars, but I just wasn't feeling this one at all. I'm hoping at least like Animatrix they will be mostly self contained, so maybe I will like some of the others more.

Didn't feel like a star wars story to me, like they tried too hard to "japan-ify" it. Even a concept that could be cool like force user samurais felt poorly done and wasted.
I have a third testicle that gives me psychic powers
Apr 15, 2023 12:49 PM
Jan 2023
A rouge Sith hunting other sith lords, well done
Sep 29, 2023 3:34 PM
Dec 2017
Not much plot, but their take on action and saber fighting was greatly animated and interesting all the way
Feb 1, 4:10 PM
Feb 2020
Nice style and plots.
Feb 10, 8:18 PM

Dec 2022
as expected, Star Wars has significantly improved by being Japanese
Apr 4, 4:47 PM

Jun 2014
I'm not a Star Wars fan, but I have seen the original trilogy, along with 1, 2 and 3 at least once when I was younger, so I know a little about the lore, but not much.

Nonetheless, I've decided to give this a shot. So far, it's fairly interesting. I will keep watching.

Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» When are they going to put season two in the database?

HarrWalk - Aug 17, 2023

15 by Old_School_Akira »»
May 8, 8:29 AM

Poll: » Star Wars: Visions Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

EmmyMoomin - Sep 22, 2021

53 by AnchientProphet2 »»
May 5, 8:53 PM

Poll: » Star Wars: Visions Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

63 by _-_Sally_-_ »»
Apr 4, 5:16 PM

Poll: » Star Wars: Visions Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

54 by gannoncannon55 »»
Mar 15, 12:37 AM

Poll: » Star Wars: Visions Episode 7 Discussion

46 by gannoncannon55 »»
Mar 7, 7:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.