Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Wandering Witch: The Journey of Elaina (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Oct 23, 2020 9:50 AM

Apr 2014
I thought last episode might've been a one off kind of episode with how dark it was since episodes 1 and 2 were fine, but wow, it looks like we're keeping up this train of dark stories. I'm not disappointed but this is not what I expected from this show at all.
Oct 23, 2020 9:59 AM

Mar 2016
Lovely, delightful, and charming, yet mystifying, dark and gloomy. This show continues to be such and more with this recent episode. A lot of justice was done here for this particular segment, and it CLEARLY shows that Elaina is quite willing to help if she feels the need or obligation to, and like us, it can be coming up our own personal feelings about someone or something.

The whole thing with the princess and the dragon was pretty fucking twisted. Once the cat was out of the bag with the whole truth behind the ruined country and its psychotic and lonely single resident, the moral message has been delivered. Retribution is a bitch, and vengeance doesn't solve shit. There was nothing else Elaina can do for the princess, now even more twisted and delusioned with her memories returned, by that point even though she clearly lent a hand with making the trap. She came upon a problem that was unsolvable from the very beginning, and in the end, she can only just leave without even a farewell or a single word. It sucks because she and the princess were hitting it off fairly well until the revelation came to fruition.
Oct 23, 2020 10:03 AM

Jan 2019
Compared to the last episode, this one was hella good, that was a nice execution. Cant wait to see the future episodes of this.
It took me 30 mins just to find a forum avatar lmao.
Oct 23, 2020 10:19 AM
Jul 2019
Zryn said:
I thought last episode might've been a one off kind of episode with how dark it was since episodes 1 and 2 were fine, but wow, it looks like we're keeping up this train of dark stories. I'm not disappointed but this is not what I expected from this show at all.
Thats kind of a thing with this series (both in the anime and LN). Kind of like Kino no Tabi, the series also exposes the dark and ugly side of the world that Elaina travels. I’m honestly looking forward to the next episode if it adapts the final chapter of volume 1 because it goes back to the wholesome route. But I can most peoples turnoffs of the the shift to darker narratives.
Oct 23, 2020 10:43 AM

Aug 2018
Magnificent episode, my favorite anime this season/year by far.
I love Elaina's personality and world view. She right away became one of my favorite characters.
The way the stories are told is amazing, and also, what a beautyful animation in this episode's 'fighting' scene... (Gilgamesh and Beatrice is watching over Mirarose 🌠)
Oct 23, 2020 10:48 AM

Feb 2014
"Will I get something from fighting the dragon?"

Do you want a place to sleep tonight or will the wintery dew be enough for you?
Oct 23, 2020 10:49 AM
Oct 2015
slavemaster_1991 said:
Ep 3: passive plant I am immune to is dangerous so I'd rather leave.
Ep 4: big fire breathing dragon? Nah, no problem so Ill get involved.

Elaina is not so powerful. She is mid range in term of raw power. She is a genius in alchemy, potions, and crafting spells tho. But not in term of raw magical power.

I'm gonna write this again

Flower field:

• That country already knows about it. They could have sent words to the mage association with contract for help which exists in Majo world and not depend on a witch newbie who they didn't ask for help.

• The guard fate was too late since he was in the field for a day. Also the raw magic power needed is massive and needs several witches.

• The author has confirmed in a tweet that no human has yet dared to face plant mutations in episode 3 because no one knows what is the result of mutations that are born from a collection of energy produced by plants and flowers. The magic in Majotabi world comes from nature like plants and flowers. No human has yet dared to take the risk of facing that, including witches.

• To add, the forest magic is way stronger than a witch magic. And Magic concept in Elaina is invoking the forest power (Hence why she trained with Frann in a Forest). Burning the flower field can make everything worse, as no one can make sure what will the forest do next.
Oct 23, 2020 10:53 AM
Feb 2020
Some of the swords Mirarozé's attack were the Infinity Sword from the Infinity Blade series. Nice Easter egg.
Oct 23, 2020 11:14 AM

Sep 2017
This episode twist was kinda predictable but it was fantastic, I loved the dark atmosphere throughout the whole episode (this and the fact that the story took the entire episode, while the episode 3 stories felt a bit rushed)
Oct 23, 2020 11:26 AM
Feb 2020
This is one of my favorite stories in the series. Was surprised to see it come this early and how well it was adapted. I am glad most of you enjoyed it.
Oct 23, 2020 11:27 AM

Dec 2008
Much better episode than the last one. Princess lost her mind because her loved one and child got killed.
Oct 23, 2020 11:32 AM

Nov 2014
i am the bone of my sword
Oct 23, 2020 11:37 AM
Jul 2019
timzki said:
i am the bone of my sword
Javalier was a mongrel
Oct 23, 2020 11:47 AM

Mar 2018
Hahaha, that was dark. Even darker than the last episode. It's a relief normies dropped this show last time since it's a little bit 'edgy' (pun intended) even in my standard. They won't be able to handle this stuff with their so-called morals. I can just see they'll be like "She broke into a stranger's house! Bad!" or "She killed her own father! Bad!" etc.

I thought the monster is her husband thanks to the spoiler-ish little intro (that part wasn't needed imo) but it turned out to be her father. Judging from this episode, looks like Elaina's journey will only get darker and darker. If this is true, now I think the tonal shift between episode 2 and 3 is kinda sudden and a bit rushed. They should build up the dark stuff slowly or mix it with chilled episodes like 1 and 2. Just a minor nitpick and I'm enjoying the show as always. I love how each story has this mysterious vibe that can pull you in and can be expanded into a movie or even a standalone 1-cour show.

Oct 23, 2020 12:14 PM

May 2015
Wow, that was super intense. Not that I'm surprised at the turn of events, but it was emotionally very impressive.
Oct 23, 2020 12:29 PM

Apr 2015
The start of the episode felt really grim, I couldn't tell if it was snow or ash falling down from the sky.

Well and what a grim episode it was, not gonna lie, this was pretty amazing. So this week it was a revenge/love story and not quite one I was expecting. To think that this princess lost everything due to wanting revenge on her own father, who pretty much killed everyone and destroyed everything of the country cause of the curse she placed on him.

Both the Animation and the soundtrack were really stellar. That final spell with those swords was amazing!!

Oct 23, 2020 12:34 PM
Apr 2019
Not as good as the previous episode. This new Princess felt flat to me. Enjoyed though.
Oct 23, 2020 12:39 PM
Mar 2020
Bruh the animation tho. Look at the bread breaks to two! its almost ghibli standard. And the fight scene was just overkill. I thought the ice and lightning was enough but nope, A thousand swords just for sure. Props to C2C even though they are still pretty new animation studio.
Oct 23, 2020 12:50 PM

Aug 2017
Another good episode, not as good as the previous one though. And that fight scene with the unlimited swords was cool, reminded me of fate.
Oct 23, 2020 1:01 PM

Apr 2020
I had a feeling once the episode opened with an unfinished love story and we got to destroyed kingdom, the story would go the way it went. Nonetheless, I'm enjoying the journey so far.

I wasn't expecting the princess to use a Noble Phantasm though.
Oct 23, 2020 1:23 PM

Oct 2018
Now this was a good episode, dark, but still made well, unlike the previous episode.

Also, Gilgamesh, you better start training o.O
Oct 23, 2020 1:39 PM

Mar 2020
Another great episode! We got a bit more insight on Elaina's personality and it also shows how strong is she compared to other witches. The story was pretty good too, I am not sure who was right but I guess it ended in a draw with both sides losing. This anime continues to be the gem of the Season.
On a side note, Can light novel readers tell me if its explained how they prevented a strong witch like the princess from saving her lover, there are probably mages in their army or maybe her father stood in her way but I'd like to know if it was ever mentioned in the LN??
nhc9Oct 23, 2020 2:02 PM
Oct 23, 2020 1:52 PM

Jun 2015
Sweet baby jesus! I know history has taught us that religious factions have burned many books and libraries throughout history, and much ancient knowledge has been lost. But this show is bringing me around to the idea that maybe we should be burning those ancient tomes. Last week, MC proved she was a total sociopath and this week reinforced the idea that people with magic have absolutely no problem with genocide.

Wait.. Witch magic is no different to miracles! Lets go people, burn all the books! We must free ourselves or face oblivion!!
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Oct 23, 2020 2:15 PM

Feb 2016
mkzxwing said:
Okay, now i REALLY don't get it. Tried posting about ep3 but the forum was broken so i'll involve my episode 3 thoughts too. It was a nice show till ep 3, if a bit weird (who sleeps with a random person you just met?). Ep3 made NO sense. I don't mean not trying to singlehandedly dismantle the institute of slavery, no, although it was weird how she first helped her a bit with the broken dish and then said she doesn't want to know what happens to her (so why'd she help her? petty momentary gratification?), but i REALLY didn't get why she didn't try doing something about the flower field... That smug 'praise me more' sounded really scummy instead of charming after that ending. And now this. The only reason i could think of not doing anything about the flower fields is some preachy shit about not wanting to change natural order or something, but now that she got involved with the princess this episode... I don't know WHAT to think. Like, what's the point, the moral of the story these last two episodes? Its just random bullshit as far as i see. Even singlehandedly freeing the slaves, or just that one slave now sounds less delusional, because i don't think its less risky (immediate threat AND reputation threat) than getting involved with a crazy princess who destroyed her whole fucking country with her dad's hands, then killed her dad (a fucking king!) too? Also is there no thermal magic to help her against the cold? Or is there some unspoken witch rules that forbid her to get warmer clothes and/or start a fire somewhere instead of stopping in a fucking warzone? My score for this show's plummeting from 'great' (first 2 episodes) to mediocre pretty fast...

The anime gives you crystal clear details on why Elaina decides not to intervene. First, you have the misconception that Elaina is a super hero, which, she's not, she's just a traveler. She's smart but she's not that powerful when it comes to magic (becomes crystal clear in episode 4 btw)

Now, the tale of the flowers talked about how the plants started to absorb more and more magic, for an average witch to try to intervene in affairs she's not familiar with, could have been very problematic, things could have ended way worse and she would put herself in danger (remember, she promised her mother not to be in danger and flee)

The slave problem, the story was also pretty clear about it, not because you're helping means that you're doing something good. Elaina considered doing something about the Town Chief, but decided not to and instead repaired the thing the slave broke. We're talking about the Town Chief here, He might be an ass but you don't know in what affair this guy contributes to the town, Elaina also doesn't know the entire story either, so straight up intervening could have made things way worse.

And last, this episode, funny you mention that when Elaina had no clue about Mirarose's personality nor the story behind it, Elaina decided to help because she was fooled by her into thinking Mirarose was the victim here, it goes around the same dilemma of episode 3: Not because you're helping means that you're doing something good. You gotta know the entire story before acting, unless you want to fuck up things badly.

This anime gives you already enough details, how people ignores that is beyond me. It seems the generic shounen that puts their MC in a pedestal with the slogan "helping is always good, therefore I should stick my nose into everything" has rotten the brain of the anime fanbase.

RayReynolds said:

Excuse me, but when was stated that Elaina has immense power? She's better than the average apprentice, not better than everyone, I think this was clear since the first episode. Pay more attention people.

Also, what the heck do you want her to do? It's not like she can do anything against a witch as powerful as the one portrayed in this episode, she promised her mother not to get into trouble and return safe, so why would she waste her time trying to stop or intervene in affairs that are beyond her power? What else can she do? go on, enlighten me, you who know it all.

CrimsonWandererOct 23, 2020 3:01 PM
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Oct 23, 2020 2:22 PM

Feb 2017
Ah, this is just gonna be dark huh.

Honestly I’m game, it’s a pretty interesting brand of episodic storytelling so far.

I see we’ve confirmed how self-interested Elaina is. Interesting point of view for a show like this. but I’m not sure where they can really take it. I suppose it’s really going to depend on the quality of each episode, which has been pretty satisfactory.
Oct 23, 2020 2:43 PM

Feb 2019
I wasn't thinking on talking about this show, but I feel like this episode should be commented on but that's largely because this continues to be incredibly tone deaf and oblivious. It thinks that it's being insightful or deep when it declares that there are many sides to things, while trying to rationalize mass murder and genocide as a response to injustice of course! 1 injustice justifies all retribution against anybody and everybody. At the same time, Elaina has immense power, but chooses to never use it or even try to make things better… and this was after the first episode post-origin story where one girl's insecurity was too much for her to overlook. Now, letting entire nations burn, slavers abuse people, and stark raving mad witches run free are all things she's not going to get involved with? FACEPALM

And our sociopath MC learns all this and once again goes "Welp, not my problem. Peace out, dead dudez!" This is literally DC supervillain backstory, and our main character is just walking away from someone who committed genocide on an entire kingdom as revenge for one dude's wrongdoing. How the goddamned hell are you trying to both-sides this?
Oct 23, 2020 2:55 PM

Dec 2014
Elaina is so self centered...I mean she is helped by the another..even if she won't want to endanger herself atleast she can still help her (the princess)...\

even when elaina helps it is the wrong people...why it it easy to dislike \Elaina
Oct 23, 2020 3:11 PM
Aug 2015
I like the show I just wish Elaina's magic wasn't so arbitrary. She seems to be able to use her magic to do whatever she wants except when its something she needs. In one episode she loses her brooch but has no magic tracking spell, then in this episode she has no spell to keep her warm during the night. But I feel like she must have some spell to keep her warm since she flys around in a dress.

It's like she can use magic to do anything until the plot demands she not be able to do something so she is forced into the situation.

Oct 23, 2020 3:18 PM
Jul 2018
If the mad witch was so strong and powerful because she didn't stop her husband and son from being killed? Or because she don't runned away with them? Why are witches so useless?
Oct 23, 2020 4:04 PM
May 2018
Post in English and Spanish for my Ñ speaking brothers

Wow me encanto Journey of Elaina se siente muy refrescante con su estructura episódica. De esta manera funciona perfecto para darnos historias interesantes cada semana sin que se sienta como distracción de la historia principal. A ver qué pasa la próxima semana

Wow really like this show so far. The way it’s structured is so refreshing, for others shows you can’t have this kind of episodes because they feel like a distraction or detour from the main story so it’s great to have a show that it’s literally focused on the “Journey” of Elaina lol
Oct 23, 2020 4:10 PM

Nov 2018
This series just keeps delivering. A really Based episode indeed.
Oct 23, 2020 4:11 PM
Nov 2017
This show is really similar to kinos journey
Also anyone that has played infinity blade, did u see the infinity blade sword in the show?
Oct 23, 2020 4:14 PM

Nov 2018
AdolZeppeli said:
mkzxwing said:
Okay, now i REALLY don't get it. Tried posting about ep3 but the forum was broken so i'll involve my episode 3 thoughts too. It was a nice show till ep 3, if a bit weird (who sleeps with a random person you just met?). Ep3 made NO sense. I don't mean not trying to singlehandedly dismantle the institute of slavery, no, although it was weird how she first helped her a bit with the broken dish and then said she doesn't want to know what happens to her (so why'd she help her? petty momentary gratification?), but i REALLY didn't get why she didn't try doing something about the flower field... That smug 'praise me more' sounded really scummy instead of charming after that ending. And now this. The only reason i could think of not doing anything about the flower fields is some preachy shit about not wanting to change natural order or something, but now that she got involved with the princess this episode... I don't know WHAT to think. Like, what's the point, the moral of the story these last two episodes? Its just random bullshit as far as i see. Even singlehandedly freeing the slaves, or just that one slave now sounds less delusional, because i don't think its less risky (immediate threat AND reputation threat) than getting involved with a crazy princess who destroyed her whole fucking country with her dad's hands, then killed her dad (a fucking king!) too? Also is there no thermal magic to help her against the cold? Or is there some unspoken witch rules that forbid her to get warmer clothes and/or start a fire somewhere instead of stopping in a fucking warzone? My score for this show's plummeting from 'great' (first 2 episodes) to mediocre pretty fast...

The anime gives you crystal clear details on why Elaina decides not to intervene. First, you have the misconception that Elaina is a super hero, which, she's not, she's just a traveler. She's smart but she's not that powerful when it comes to magic (becomes crystal clear in episode 4 btw)

Now, the tale of the flowers talked about how the plants started to absorb more and more magic, for an average witch to try to intervene in affairs she's not familiar with, could have been very problematic, things could have ended way worse and she would put herself in danger (remember, she promised her mother not to be in danger and flee)

The slave problem, the story was also pretty clear about it, not because you're helping means that you're doing something good. Elaina considered doing something about the Town Chief, but decided not to and instead repaired the thing the slave broke. We're talking about the Town Chief here, He might be an ass but you don't know in what affair this guy contributes to the town, Elaina also doesn't know the entire story either, so straight up intervening could have made things way worse.

And last, this episode, funny you mention that when Elaina had no clue about Mirarose's personality nor the story behind it, Elaina decided to help because she was fooled by her into thinking Mirarose was the victim here, it goes around the same dilemma of episode 3: Not because you're helping means that you're doing something good. You gotta know the entire story before acting, unless you want to fuck up things badly.

This anime gives you already enough details, how people ignores that is beyond me. It seems the generic shounen that puts their MC in a pedestal with the slogan "helping is always good, therefore I should stick my nose into everything" has rotten the brain of the anime fanbase.

RayReynolds said:

Excuse me, but when was stated that Elaina has immense power? She's better than the average apprentice, not better than everyone, I think this was clear since the first episode. Pay more attention people.

Also, what the heck do you want her to do? It's not like she can do anything against a witch as powerful as the one portrayed in this episode, she promised her mother not to get into trouble and return safe, so why would she waste her time trying to stop or intervene in affairs that are beyond her power? What else can she do? go on, enlighten me, you who know it all.

Don't bother, this isn't even a deep or pretentious show but it's bringing out from the rocks the crawling pea brains that habit this site. Arguing with them is more useless than trying to move a mountain with your breath.
Oct 23, 2020 4:19 PM

Nov 2017
In this anime, a witch is a very strong person. She could easily destroy a country. Also we hv a bad cute witch.

Oct 23, 2020 4:38 PM
🔥🔥🔥

Jan 2020
I think if Elaina had asked me to stay in the castle and for some food, I'd have replied, "Well, what do I gain by letting you stay and feeding you?"

...At least she helped with the preparations and almost got involved. I'm surprised she gave a shit whether that princess lived or died - "sHE's jUsT aN ObsERveR" after all. I think the art style is a little mismatching in my opinion, it's so bright and shiny and then the stories are pretty dark and tragic. Not sure they go together but maybe it makes for an interesting contrast.

This was a great episode though. Fanboys should calm down, some people in this thread are really being overly sensitive to criticism - I am still enjoying this show a lot, it's definitely one of the better ones this season.

🔥 🔥 🔥 . 阿良々木 暦, 傷 物 語 . 🔥 🔥 🔥
Build a man a fire and you'll warm him for a night
but set a man on fire and you'll warm him
for the rest of his life...
- H E N D Y -
Oct 23, 2020 4:44 PM

Apr 2020
Pretty interesting episode, Elaina meets a princess.
Seems like every episode we meet a new person like always
The art in the ED is really nice
Oct 23, 2020 5:05 PM

Jun 2017
Ah so the godzilla was the result of a curse. It was not a bad twist at the end + Mirarose going crazy but it would have hit harder if it wasn't spoiled at the beginning.

Elaina seemed to give a bit more fucks than usual too but she wasn't needed in the end lol.
Oct 23, 2020 5:07 PM

Feb 2019
AdolZeppeli said:
mkzxwing said:

RayReynolds said:

She absolutely was the strongest character with all those fire and wind spells that she could summon quickly and it was zero danger to herself to intervene and she similarly chose to ignore the suffering.
You're reducing the entire range of possible responses to Dragonball power levels. if the mad witch is supposedly stronger than Elaina, therefore she is helpless. Maybe that's the direction the story could have gone. Maybe she was indeed helpless. But we don't know that, because she didn't try. She didn't even think about trying. She felt no guilt or regret over her hand in this, or the other horrible tragedies she helped make and come to pass. It is not her lack of agency that makes her a sociopath, it is her indifference and apathy to the suffering around her and caused by her.
Oct 23, 2020 5:35 PM
May 2020
A little plot twist in a light darkstory, i love it.
Also, that monster isn't a CG. YES.
Oct 23, 2020 5:41 PM

Jul 2020
A much better episode since the story was much more enjoyable. They didn't cut anything short or any significant details in this episode like it did last episode with the flower story, and it captured the dark theme nicely.

The only difference was in the LN; Elaina could hear Mirarose cooking really loudly, and also hear screams of help. And even Elaina in the LN notices the jam was a really dark red. So clearly Mirarose cooks her servants. And with the up close shots of the food and jam, you'd think Mirarose was here, but it doesn't seem so. Not that it's that significant of a detail. Just adds to her craziness of her character that's all. But since they added to the end of the episode where Mirarose is talking to herself in the end having breakfast, something that's not in the LN, but is a nice touch actually because it adds to her craziness after everything she has been through and also the fact her husband being executed completely made her go insane. Which led to this whole thing being drawn up against her father.

Overall I enjoyed the episode a lot and thought it was really good.

Oct 23, 2020 6:06 PM

Aug 2018
Wow! That was a pretty good short story. This series is ending up a lot meatier than I thought it would.
Oct 23, 2020 6:08 PM

Jan 2020
The "unlimited blade works" scene was great and I loved this episode overall.

I've enjoyed the 2 darker episodes wayyy more than the first 2 episodes and I'm really excited for next week

Oct 23, 2020 6:24 PM

Aug 2018
Oh no! She didn't talk to Mirarose and try to get therapy for her! Terrible story and terrible, narcissistic MC! Dropped! /s
Oct 23, 2020 7:04 PM

Jun 2016
horridhendy said:
I think if Elaina had asked me to stay in the castle and for some food, I'd have replied, "Well, what do I gain by letting you stay and feeding you?"

...At least she helped with the preparations and almost got involved. I'm surprised she gave a shit whether that princess lived or died - "sHE's jUsT aN ObsERveR" after all.

You know, if my mom told me run away at the first sign of danger before going on a journey, I would have noped the hell out of a city with a monster eating corpses, but that just me.

At this point I'm wondering if Elaina isn't just a magical supremacist.
Anti-AgelastOct 23, 2020 7:07 PM
Oct 23, 2020 7:26 PM
Mar 2020
Holy shit that animation is so fucking good!
Oct 23, 2020 7:41 PM

May 2015
That scene was so badass....never seen such cool animation and attacks for such a one-sided beatdown.
"More than anything, I wanted to protect her. Not cause it's my duty or what's expected of me, or anything like that. I wanted to protect her because of how amazing she is because I believe she's totally worth it. It's always been her, and it always will be...Forever."
Oct 23, 2020 8:07 PM
Feb 2020
I don't know entirely why, but this episode left a bad taste in my mouth

Don't know why she wanted to kill her father, the Baker, and she still somehow learned magic and baking?

The King would have been her uncle?
BastionoOct 23, 2020 8:22 PM
Oct 23, 2020 8:09 PM

Dec 2016
RayReynolds said:
She absolutely was the strongest character with all those fire and wind spells that she could summon quickly and it was zero danger to herself to intervene and she similarly chose to ignore the suffering.

Those dark shades are limiting your perception if you believe Elaina could quickly summon her spells like Mirarose did. The duel between Elaina & Frann in the first episode it's a good example that despite her being an extraordinare novice in her own league, she's still that a novice, Frann totally kicked her ass and she could barely defend herself. If she had intervened between Mirarose and her father's fight most likely she would had ended wounded or killed by the dragon's wrath and debris.

RayReynolds said:

You're reducing the entire range of possible responses to Dragonball power levels. if the mad witch is supposedly stronger than Elaina, therefore she is helpless. Maybe that's the direction the story could have gone. Maybe she was indeed helpless. But we don't know that, because she didn't try. She didn't even think about trying. She felt no guilt or regret over her hand in this, or the other horrible tragedies she helped make and come to pass. It is not her lack of agency that makes her a sociopath, it is her indifference and apathy to the suffering around her and caused by her.

Mirarose was helpless in her own plan for vendetta, she wasn't helpless at all in terms of magical power.

I really don't get all you haters expecting Elaina to feel guilty for situations like this where she's AN ACCESORY. She didn't sign up for a revenge plan in the first place, she felt obliged to dig a hole for Mirarose's plan because she got a diner and a comfy bed to spend the night, that's all. Her plan was still to just be an observer and she sticked to it.

Also apathy doesn't fit her after thoughts, she obviously feels concerned about her acts and how people abuse of her good will, but she doesn't shows them in a very exagerated gesture like most cliched shonen titles do with cheap melodramatic tears or over the top repentance acts.
Oct 23, 2020 8:16 PM

Feb 2016
RayReynolds said:

You do remember she's just a traveler right? She's not a super hero chosen one messiah that solves everyone's problems or trains every day to be the very best to help everyone. Sometimes the best course of action is leaving things to more capable hands or simply, not doing anything that might bring bad consequences not only for her, but to whoever she is trying to "help".

Helping is easier said than done, and it's shown on this episode, Elaina decided to help this time, but she realized how powerless she felt in comparison to that other witch that absolutely wrecked a big ass monster with little to no effort. Not just that, imprudence out of experience might have caused a bigger tragedy.
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Oct 23, 2020 8:24 PM

Jul 2020
I really liked this episode.

Didn't expect Mirarose to be THAT powerful of a witch. Storytelling was great. And I'm glad that Godzilla wasn't CG, definitely a plus. Studio C2C really nailing this one.

Can't wait for next week!

I accept random friend requests!
Pages (8) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Majo no Tabitabi Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 27, 2020

404 by DahoomFoxy »»
May 24, 11:11 PM

Poll: » Majo no Tabitabi Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 20, 2020

139 by DahoomFoxy »»
May 24, 11:10 PM

Poll: » Majo no Tabitabi Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 16, 2020

605 by Teeeely »»
May 20, 6:49 AM

» Does anyone know how long Elaina has been traveling and what age she started

Ninja_inslops - Nov 1, 2021

8 by Ranka-Nyan »»
Apr 19, 9:38 AM

Poll: » Majo no Tabitabi Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 18, 2020

243 by BlueBullet178 »»
Apr 12, 5:33 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.