Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Dec 24, 2019 6:02 PM

Sep 2016
Best episode of all the series.

This is the shit I started the anime for.
Mile blasting outrageously powerful beams and defeating the enemy!
Heck yeah.

So the world she's in is abandoned by Gods and post apocalyptic huh? My guess is that she just got sent to the future in her own world, and the old technology is the one in her old time, that eventually escalated and brought the civilization to self destruction.
Also it seems like Dragons are looking for nukes. So they're more powerful than magic in this world huh. The other isekai of this year with technology in it literally showed the opposite. I think this is more realistic though. No way a magic barrier is enough for a missile lol.

This anime needs a S2 only because of the very end.
She NEEDS to reveal her secrets to her friends and seriously start working on the problem.
God sent her there to save the world, probably.
And classified info is being withheld from her because it's not time yet, she has to grow and know other things first, then get down to business!
If not, the nanomachine could've just answered "no" to her question and not "yes but I'm not telling you". It will tell her, eventually, when the time comes.

I read above some comment mentioning how Mile's power up wasn't explained properly.
My guess is that, also, the fact she's in that world since more than 10 years could've contributed.
She's BORN with half of an ancient dragon's power. Yeah, but as a f-in infant lol.
She grew up and TRAINED for a decade and more.
She's for sure way stronger than half of an ancient dragon now.
For sure. Without a doubt.

Hoping to see a S2 announcement eventually, though I don't think it will get one ;_;

8/10 for me
bruh
Dec 24, 2019 8:47 PM

Jan 2011
I will say Watashi wasn't the worst issekai to come out this year but that isn't much Praise to be given to a otherwise generic issekai that happens to have a female MC for once it helped that was just a simple cute girls SoL until it started to get serious then even the show didn't want to take it's self seriously so just made for kinda unbearable episodes that even a bunch of DBZ reference won't help.

Miles and the girls were good on a surface level but that's about it and they kinda made her less of a character and more of a anime reference shitting machine that's obsessed with her breast ,want to hope that was just a studio thing because that and all the early loli shit got old real quick.

anyway 6.5 OP and ED were catchy and there was some form of a plot hinted after all these episodes
Dec 24, 2019 10:05 PM
No.1 Nahida Simp

Jan 2017
There goes my favorite anime for fall 2019. But damn they really have to build some plot on the last episode. I demand a second season.
Dec 25, 2019 1:16 AM
Mar 2012
Nice end, callbacks on her 3 friends as Adele, weeb family pre-isekai lol. Also expanded on the world as godless (at least hinted by the god who isekaied her), dragons trying to maybe revive early civilizations, and nanomachines. Good worldbuilding but could've spread this to earlier episodes.
Could deserve better animation, and fix the weird tone switching from comedy to sudden backstory drama, but it remained mostly funny with hints of character & plot progression.
great op btw
Dec 25, 2019 2:10 AM

Dec 2016
I enjoyed this series at times it wasn't that bad.

Pretty cool seeing an op female character, all of a sudden that elder dragon wasn't so tough after all.

Either way I liked the character development for all the main characters.
Dec 25, 2019 3:01 AM
Jan 2018
MegamiRem said:
Interesting finale, we got some more info. Lol Mile's old friends reaction when they saw her action figure was hilarious. I really want a new season of this.

Scerttle said:

I just might do the same!

I'm gonna read it too if they don't announce a new season soon.

@Leo @DarknessReality @Scerttle

If you do start the light Novel start from vol 1
Dec 25, 2019 10:45 AM

Feb 2011
Season 2 please? That would be great.

Dec 25, 2019 11:01 AM
Jan 2019
This one of the anime that I genuinely enjoyed the most this season. I hope it gets another season though I don't think it will.
Dec 25, 2019 2:05 PM
Nov 2010
I guess the nice thing about this was the author being very active with the studio on what was to be cut/ left out vs what was in the LN to give more entertainment. I think it was on their blog where they even talked about the whole cutting the first school arc.

The author said they skipped the whole first story arc with her first friends due to them not wanting to build up these characters and then basically have them disappear for the rest of the anime since they knew they wouldn't be able to get to the part where she meets them again. It's not super great for the LN readers but for the basic watcher it makes sense to do that. Plus it gave more time to the current main group and helped it not have to rush so much through the story.

Overall I really enjoyed this anime just like I enjoy the LN/WB Novel I'm already on chapter 300 something and eagerly waiting for more to get translated. I also really liked how the author responded to the fans concerns about skipping the first arc and explained the reasoning for it.

Hopefully there is more to come :D
MrJcDec 25, 2019 2:12 PM
Dec 25, 2019 4:34 PM

Aug 2018
That was a cute series, I’ll bet we do see a second season eventually.
Dec 26, 2019 4:55 AM

Jan 2016
While people and this anime say this is isekai anime, I think this is reincarnation anime because the MC is dead and shes reborn, not transfer to another world or virtual world and can go back to the previous world anytime in the end.

The only complaint about this anime is the story is too much altered from LN. Others are great! Character design is the same as the novel. Too much reference. In each episode had one and from old anime no less (That century-end bandit are very obvious). Mile always says "secret technique" when she uses skill beyond other people's knowledge. The figure that Mile craft is Nendoroid instead statue (I want one, really!). Mavis is a crybaby. The sound of Pauline's smash the man who stuck on the floor ... that's really hurt ... a lot. Reina bathing in the forest after Mile send her to fly is quite fan-service I think. And now I know the voice of pink dragon are like that, I thought shes innocent-active girl. lol.

This anime is worth more than 25 episodes... now I quite sad. But whatever. Moving on.
Yay!
Dec 26, 2019 6:22 AM

May 2015
Mattinator95 said:
MegamiRem said:
Interesting finale, we got some more info. Lol Mile's old friends reaction when they saw her action figure was hilarious. I really want a new season of this.

I'm gonna read it too if they don't announce a new season soon.

I was planning to XD. I never start source materials from where the anime left off cause theres always new stuff that animes missed.
Yuritopia FTW!!!!!!!!! BANZAI TO YURI !!!!!!!!!!!!
Dec 26, 2019 6:37 AM
Nov 2019
Just needs an OVA to back-fill the school arc and do a bit of world building and it would complete the first series....

Would watch a second series if it was made - wouldn't be upset if it wasn't.

Overall pretty average - so Mile wins...

Dec 26, 2019 8:19 AM

Mar 2012
Man this really sucks when every all the cute stuff we got serious plot progression at the last minute and now we got nothing left to watch but just a go read the source ending.

Its really irritating, i do hope for s2 but usually these type of anime with this sort of ending never do. im not saying its impossible but highly unlikely.

Dec 26, 2019 12:41 PM
Jan 2018
DarknessReality said:
Mattinator95 said:

I was planning to XD. I never start source materials from where the anime left off cause theres always new stuff that animes missed.

Anime compared to the LN is very different ,
Dec 27, 2019 8:21 AM

Oct 2017
Still no news about a second season?
Dec 27, 2019 4:23 PM

Jul 2017
And that's it for the cute girls doing isekai things. All of them were super lovable no doubts about it, but the overall experience.. it was okay. I've just seen better slice of life already. Still a nice show to pass the time and chill.

6/10, yeah, seems fair imo. Nothing bad, nothing too amazing.
Dec 27, 2019 11:13 PM

Oct 2008
oh man! i wanna have a second season for this show!
they cannot just stop there!
for sure that Classified information and the plans of the dragons and the premonition of Mile definitely has got to do something with her reincarnation! they've even shown a higher being archangel voiced by Shouta Aoi...lolz
5/5.
8/10.

Dec 28, 2019 2:48 AM

Dec 2014
personally quite enjoyed this, so, wait for a season 2 that probably wont ever arrive or move onto the LN?
Dec 28, 2019 1:50 PM

Apr 2015
somebody give me the math. in terms of strict powerlevel she is still inferior to the elder dragon but up to what extent? assume Mile's powerlevel is 6800.
>I had no brain when I was 12
>Then everyone must had no brain when they were 12
>I experimented 100 samples and proved that they had no brain when they were 12
>Therefore children cannot consent

This is what science has done to humanity.
Dec 28, 2019 2:06 PM

Apr 2015
also Reina asks how an advanced civilization like ours could have possibly collapsed. well I can easily answer that.

it all started when women got the right to vote. as they voted, they voted for more welfare, more gibs and the government answered them as long as women vote for these group of politicians. intrinsically making women marrying the government simply because it's a better deal. she'd have the cops on her hands, welfare on her hands, and all she has to do is to press a button once every 4-6 years. unlike marrying to a man that required her to give him everyday service in exchange for meager provision. and let's not even talk about deadbeat dads/men.

in response to this ever-growing welfare state, men went on strike. and all they had to do is to do nothing. they worked minimalistic, drastically reducing salaries and thus reducing tax collection. they started to go their own way, pursue hobbies and interests and thus no longer having time to deal with over-entitled women. that civilization collapsed simply because nobody was working. women became ever dependent on welfare, men pursued hobbies over boobies and the government went bankrupt. and of course, nobody had children. men don't want children, women are ever so lazy, and the government despite playing cupid amounted to nothing.

Dec 28, 2019 8:24 PM

Nov 2009
Interesting...

So the "Isekai" she's in is actually "future Earth", which explains about how the "nano-machines" are "magic" (as magic doesn't actually exist, it's all just advanced future technology)

Tho I wonder how the "other fantasy races" came into being... And why Gods would abandon it... but who exactly are the Gods in the first place... are they actually just super advanced human that "ascended" and uses super advanced technology to reincarnate/ maintain the worlds?

And they theorized the advanced civilization had no war or something, so how did they die? Did God killed them cause they were getting too "advanced"?

Also, Miles apparently is having dreams about the "lost civilization", but I wonder if she notice the drawings are actually that of future Earth... since she's a huge Otaku, and those drawings are used a lot in Mangas... (since if we here can tell those are of modern/ future Earth... surely Miles can too right?)

___ ___ ___

And yet again... I miss/ hate they skipped the School arc... keep on teasing us with "we done a lot of stuff" every time they do a flashback to the School scenes...

___ ___ ___

This whole thing reminds me of a Mobile game's plot... where 2 Goddess (light and dark), the light wants to keep order and the dark wants chaos. Dark lost, however light's order is basically keeping everything unable to evolve or advance. Whereas dark's chaos was advancement and to evolve. And the players start out as on the side of light and fights against the villains of Dark until the players learns about the truth between light and dark.

Which makes me think the Gods are actually part evil and they destroyed advance civilizations to prevent them from reaching the level of Gods. Such as they showed how powerful magic is, and that's simply advance technology of Nano machines that Humans invented.

IE: even the highest Elder Dragons is probably based on advance technology. Especially since they knows of "lost civilization" and wants to find more relics and do something with it.
amlgDec 28, 2019 8:34 PM
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Dec 29, 2019 6:05 AM

Dec 2009
Wow, this turned out a lot more interesting than i expected... I'd love to see a second season of this some day.

It's clear that this is a post golden-age world, and they showed one of the dragons digging up a nuke in Mile's dream... it's possible that the story is post-M.A.D. or post-catastrophe, or perhaps even just an expulsion of old ways that lead to the "magic" run future. Funny how the "magic is nanomachines" gimmick which sounds like just a random plot device or gag, but is actually relevant...

Suddenly the plot reminds me more of Scrapped Princess.
❀桜舞う空〜                   Cute is Power.           🔗CosmoGenesis Project
“You cannot know what you do not know.”
“Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.”
“A truth seeker has no patience for BS.”

I seek only to improve myself and others.
Dec 29, 2019 10:52 PM

Oct 2008
Was really hoping for a season 2 announcement at the end of this episode, it got so much more interesting at the end there.
Dec 31, 2019 7:40 PM
Nov 2010
FullyCharged said:
Best episode of all the series.

I read above some comment mentioning how Mile's power up wasn't explained properly.
My guess is that, also, the fact she's in that world since more than 10 years could've contributed.
She's BORN with half of an ancient dragon's power. Yeah, but as a f-in infant lol.
She grew up and TRAINED for a decade and more.
She's for sure way stronger than half of an ancient dragon now.
For sure. Without a doubt.

Hoping to see a S2 announcement eventually, though I don't think it will get one ;_;

8/10 for me

ahh it was explained in the wn and stuff

Jan 2, 2020 11:33 AM

Dec 2019
A young girl gets isekai'd and just wants to live a normal everyday life, so she asks for average stats, however because there are ridiculously powerful monsters in this world the average ends up being much higher than the median. It's a comedy / parody anime at its core, but it also does a good job at adding a sense of adventure as well, just enough to make things feel like a real world. This might sound strange, but for me personally this type of anime is 癒やし系. The type of anime that are traditionally labeled as such are too slow and boring for me. This is the type of anime I turn to for that feeling. With all that being said, it is ultimately just a good version of a generic anime so I can't really call this particular series anything more than just above average. All of the characters are really cute and I love how bright and colorful everything is. In the end it’s a relaxing, but forgettable anime.
Jan 3, 2020 2:27 PM

Dec 2010
I think most users walked into this series knowing that is a cut from a somewhat generic isekai subset.

That said the enjoyment is still pretty high, and the ending hook of elder dragons searching for world ending weapons (e.g. nukes) still leave a lot to come.

Would it get a S2? I'm doubtful, but would like to see it.

7/10
Jan 6, 2020 10:25 AM

Mar 2014
It got kinda interesting with the plot near the end but then it ended. Wonder if there's any connection between Myne's old life and the ancient civilization everyone's after.
Jan 7, 2020 1:18 PM

Apr 2015
it does feel like I'm being baited. why show all these plot points now? and 11 episodes ago you're just wandering around literally and Mile being chill. does she really have time to be chill when those plot points are just around the corner? really?

Jan 13, 2020 1:49 AM
Feb 2016
Lmao I really enjoyed this series with all those anime references. The elder dragon lose because of one reason, one reason only, they piss Mile off
Jan 14, 2020 3:10 PM
Jan 2020
Just 9/10 because i didnt like the end.. By the way i wanna know if that anime will have season 2.. It was really fun anime with nice projeckt.. It wasnt bored like other anime so im glad if someone tells me about the season 2
Jan 24, 2020 7:43 PM
Apr 2018
See, to me this anime was enjoyable, but not really special.

Then, after 11 episodes of that, in the final episode it gives us a peek of what looks to be a far more interesting story. WHAT THE HELL. Now I really want to see the rest of it, damn it!

It will be a shame if this series will be doomed by a first season that didn't stand out enough to warrant further seasons, but I suspect that will be the case. I might have to look into the source material.
xiii-dexJan 24, 2020 7:49 PM
Jan 27, 2020 6:52 PM
Jan 2019
probably not the best place to ask but:

how many volumes were adapted in this anime? I wanna read the LN so I wanna know the last one
Jan 28, 2020 3:27 AM

Feb 2016
Does anyone know where the anime left off on the manga?

YouTubeWeird Videos
Anime Edits
PixivSheetHost

"Salvation is a thin thread dangling from heaven."
- Mary ~ Death Mark

Jan 28, 2020 4:52 PM
Mar 2018
Good thing these elder dragons just let her talk to herself and built up her strength. But that cliffhanger tho... Why does it have to be nukes = bad? My wild guess is that it's the future and the nanomachines kinda destroyed anything, but also saved it(?!). Either that or aliens. Anyways, a next season would be way more dire, but I hope they flesh the story ark out a little bit better; having it all come down in the last one and a half epsiodes is kinda weak writing...
Feb 11, 2020 6:18 PM

Jan 2011
I didn't care much for when it got serious, but this was a pretty relaxing watch.
Feb 19, 2020 6:41 PM
Mar 2009
I rely enjoyed this one allot and that something when I'm so damn sick of these isekai that keeps poping up like that reincarnated with my mobile phone or that dude that got dropped in to a world and makes all the girls hes sisters. I even disliked shillde hero it was such a meh. Man all these isekai/I'm in another world has become animes version of every video game shall have battle royal. But this was fun and felt bit more enjoyable. sure she is op but she just want to be normal instead okey I'm op I will save the world and every one I will embrace my op power. All I could think of with the humor and strong magic was Slayers.

I rely hope for a season 2.
Feb 20, 2020 5:39 AM

Mar 2017
Deloreans in the mural, very advanced CIV indeed. Not as fluffy or as yuri as I hoped, not bad either.
Feb 20, 2020 7:33 AM

Feb 2014
Good anime.

Very good and funny for the first 5 to 6 episodes (an easy 8/10 until then), then it became boring for the next 3 or 4, then it became better.

I think it's an underrated anime compared to many other similar to it -moe / cute girls only- many out there are very high scored yet so boring, this one wasnt like that for most of the time, still the mean score is below 7.00? lol... that's something I will never understand and better do not even bother to.

7.5/10 (if possible). MAL should add scores like that, just like mydramalist.
TechOtakuFeb 20, 2020 7:38 AM
Mar 3, 2020 9:06 AM
Oct 2017
How frustating, after all the filler of the episodes of the middle of the anime the plot just started to develop, I wanted all this to develop on the series, and not just leave it as an ending... Mile's comeback with her old friends, and her abilities giving her at the end a total recognition and producing a twist in the fate of all Earth, this is what I was hoping for and instead there were a full episode about the Birthday miunsderstanding, that episode made me really angry, and I am sure that the series has some of potential and I still think it was very funny.

Nothing a second season could not fix...
Mar 8, 2020 7:54 AM

Apr 2011
Decent series. I had fun.

I wish it gets another season about the lost civilizations. Its interesting because it could probably link to Mile.
Apr 14, 2020 3:34 AM

Jul 2015
Seeing Crimson Vow defeating all those enemies and being recognised as future aces makes you wonder how in the world their rank hasn't gone up to at least B by now

Nice series, lot of silly jokes which sometimes feel a bit bad but other times pretty good

Apr 15, 2020 5:40 AM

Jul 2015
Was a good anime, I hope season 2 happens one day.
May 28, 2020 6:14 PM
Nov 2018
9/10 great anime (≡^∇^≡)
Sep 2, 2020 7:15 AM

Nov 2019
While often cute/amusing, the 4th-wall breaking aspects are tiresome and the attempts at drama/sincerity do not work well at all.

It's watchable, not least thanks to the curiously large animation budget 4-girl comedy series seem to get, there's just not much here to really go out of your way to see.
Sep 25, 2020 3:37 PM

May 2015
I love how that joke about Family Secret Techniques became such an endearing thing to hear during that serious scene.

Also Im kind of interested in reading the light novel to see what follows after this. I doubt Mile will actually tell them she's a reincarnate because the MCs in these types of shows never do. But I think it would be a nice read. I love this gang and would love to see more of them and what this dragon quest tease thing was at the end. Clearly that was to incentivise people to go read the LN.
Sep 25, 2020 5:31 PM

Nov 2019
DarknessReality said:
Also Im kind of interested in reading the light novel to see what follows after this. I doubt Mile will actually tell them she's a reincarnate because the MCs in these types of shows never do. But I think it would be a nice read. I love this gang and would love to see more of them and what this dragon quest tease thing was at the end. Clearly that was to incentivise people to go read the LN.

This is a mixed media project. The LN, manga, and Anime are all notably different.
Sep 25, 2020 6:24 PM

May 2015
Offkorn said:

This is a mixed media project. The LN, manga, and Anime are all notably different.

I have heard the anime made a lot of changes. Even so I'd still be interested in reading it solely cause I like these characters.
Sep 26, 2020 3:18 AM

Nov 2019
DarknessReality said:
Even so I'd still be interested in reading it solely cause I like these characters.

Yeah, that's fine. Just don't expect to find out 'what happens next', because the Anime storyline is in a different continuity than the LN's (and mangas').

Each is its own independent work.
Oct 7, 2020 4:35 AM

Aug 2014
Vysarine said:
It got kinda interesting with the plot near the end but then it ended. Wonder if there's any connection between Myne's old life and the ancient civilization everyone's after.

this is what i thought but couldnt put into words
i finished this today, and
i hope for a season 2 to continue this elder dragon mystery
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Watashi, Nouryoku wa Heikinchi de tte Itta yo ne! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 7, 2019

125 by Vosson12564_cool »»
Mar 4, 4:01 PM

Poll: » Watashi, Nouryoku wa Heikinchi de tte Itta yo ne! Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 21, 2019

89 by Old_Fart_61 »»
Jan 11, 7:29 PM

Poll: » Watashi, Nouryoku wa Heikinchi de tte Itta yo ne! Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 14, 2019

89 by Old_Fart_61 »»
Jan 11, 7:18 PM

» Where do I pick up the light novel after the anime?

neil - Dec 23, 2019

8 by abyss_will »»
Dec 12, 2023 11:22 AM

» will this ever get a second season?

go1d1eaf - May 22, 2021

17 by NiQ1 »»
Oct 4, 2023 1:33 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.