Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
To The Abandoned Sacred Beasts
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jul 8, 2019 7:32 PM

Jan 2011
damn felt like it was a small chance William might've actually been a good one if that's the case it makes Hanks self-righteous crusade based off of anger and revenge harder to watch

even i felt like they were still gonna make him go berserk and kill everyone since they didn't shy away from in the start but we won't know now !

don't think this is very good but that can be said about most of monday so we'll see which one makes the cut for me
Jul 8, 2019 8:29 PM

Jun 2015
Seriously though, why aren't these monsters being confined by the military they're from?
Jul 8, 2019 8:36 PM

Oct 2015
That happened so fast and Schaal sure is an idiot or typical- you choose!

RIP Danny, you will be missed!
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Jul 8, 2019 9:12 PM

Aug 2015
I'll never get tired of revolver rifles lol

I'm gonna follow you until you pay me back for my bike, Ash Ketchum!

In all seriousness though, considering Schaal's dad didn't actually kill anyone, Hank killed him for the crime of not being a normal human. Schaal has a legitimate reason to be upset. It is really just a murder. Admittedly, he was undoubtedly going to kill someone eventually, but if he was alive, there is always hope for a cure.
Jul 8, 2019 10:25 PM

Feb 2015
If this is just going to be let's kill the sad monster of the week it's going to wear thin pretty fast.
Jul 8, 2019 11:12 PM

Sep 2011
Abusaeed said:
Kimurah said:

The part where the army just releases these supersoldiers into the countryside is idiotic at best. They invested time, money and human resources to create these super soldiers, and as soon as the war ends they just return them home in that state? They don't:

A) Keep 'em within reach for further investigation

B) Clean up their little mess with these super soldiers

It gets even more stupid knowing that in the previous episode the same army was planning to get rid of their troublesome monsters

No they weren't. Said plot was entirely Elaine and Abel's plan.
Jul 8, 2019 11:50 PM
Apr 2019
This is a much better revenge anime than vinland saga
Jul 9, 2019 12:06 AM

Jul 2012
Best girl of the season is here and I feel bad for her already. She lost father and her siblings are taken away from her must hurt

Digimon is the best Isekai
Jul 9, 2019 12:38 AM

Aug 2012
LawLLawL said:
nightcrawlercyp said:

1. I do not trust what Elaine says
2. The guy at the end of ep1 did not lose control, was just corrupted by power
3. the townfolks panicked. Weak people panic . It reminds me of the backstory for this guy: https://kenja-no-mago.fandom.com/wiki/Oliveira_von_Schtradius
4. Then you would be a very poor writer. There are exceptions but generally things do not work like this
5, bear story reminds me of this https://darktower.fandom.com/wiki/Shardik

1. What you are saying in regards to Elaine makes some degree of sense in isolation, why trust a character you know nothing about in the opening minutes of an episode? But it makes no sense from a narrative stand-point. The author has no motive to paint a very clear picture with obvious direction, only to have all of the preceding narrative lead to the wrong conclusion. That defeats the purpose of the story. You give the viewer information, for the most part, to fuel the narrative. The handful of times you feed them false information, it's usually in service of subverting expectation or leading them on a wild goose chase. You don't make your primary plot point a red herring...

2. Fair enough, substitute him with gentle-giant turned murderous highway bandit that gets killed in the second episode. The point remains unchanged, the story has a very clear message about the monsters.

3. Whether they panic or not is not relevant. By your logic someone who has been robbed, assaulted, or even just witnessed such events and go to report them at a police station, should themselves be thoroughly interrogated to determine whether they're bad faith actors. It's a ludicrous presupposition of untrustworthiness that nobody operates on.

4 & 5. For obvious reasons, my hypothetical bear story is devoid of details and a real plot, it was intended to illustrate a point, not made to be a literary masterpiece winning awards. That it somehow went over your head speaks volumes.

Nobody writes a story where all the information they put into the narrative leads to the wrong conclusion. In the context of the story, and storytelling as a whole, your interpretation makes no sense. Do you do this with every movie or anime you watch? I have a sneaking suspicion you don't.

When the opening scene of a movie or show presents a typical evil villain who murders every soul in a city to further his diabolical plans, do you ask "Hey how can I trust this narrator guy telling me whats going on or what has happened?"

Do you doubt the trustworthiness of all characters in stories too? I mean why the fuck should I trust this guy who is the centerpiece of the story as the MC, and through whose eyes we view the entire story from? What if he's secretly the villain, and from his psychologically warped perspective we view his enemies as villains? Never-mind that the author never even remotely hints at such an element to the story, you never know right?

Hey if that's how you consistently respond to narrative mediums presenting you what they have to offer, I don't know what to say. At least you're consistent I guess? But I doubt you'd be capable of reading books, watching movies and anime, or consuming stories of any kind really, if you actually operate on such preconceived notions.

You're taking a highly irrational angle on the interpretation of this story for whatever reasons you have, and fail to really substantiate your reasoning with something from the story, so you substitute with weak conjecture.

The irony is, your own reasoning works against you. If an in-story scientist who is actively involved in the creation of the monster unit and states her aims and fears plainly is someone you expressly distrust despite ample narrative evidence to support what she says, why should anyone listen to your interpretation of the story which has no basis in anything we can find from the story? I mean, your whole point was the dragon was not proven to be guilty right? There is already ample evidence to the contrary from the story, so I feel it's only reasonable to expect you to provide in-story examples that back your reasoning.

The underlying issue seems to be "What is the point of a story? What does it convey? How does it does it present all of this to the audience?" And you can't seem to arrive at a reasonable conclusion to this question, based on your responses.

1. Good point. But it would be a good twist
2. The giant was a more complicated matter. If he could be restrained psychological help might help him, but if this cannot be done unfortunately killing him is the only way
3. my point is you need evidence. We do not condemn people on hearsay
4,5 In a way yes. I tend to be skeptical with things just thrown in by weak writers and generally ask for story coherence
6. About her being directly involved with creating them that does not mean she understand how things work. As an old sating goes: One dumb man throws a rock and ten wise men cannot remove it from the lake.
My point is they created the monsters without understanding how the process works. They based most of it on some experiments and correlations. Think of the all the GMO that are massive cause for cancer today. Do you think their creators know how to fix them? Do you think they know all possible mutations that can occur or all the implications? I tell you they do not. Is like a child breaking something and when they put it together realizing there are extra pieces left.
M4RCEL0 said:
@nightcrawlercyp @Mythologically @-Stray @LawLLawL @Kimurah
I'm a bit on the middle here, while I do agree that all the Incarnates must either be isolated or killed, I don't think that Will (the dragon) should have been killed at that moment. Even if we consider that he murdered the living stock, and there is no proof he did, otherwise we would see the villagers banishing him or locking him up or something, it's not enough of a crime to kill him. And about the scream and glare, there is nothing indicating that those are signs of him losing control, but if they're still taken into account, then Will's last look at his daughter, a human look, must also be. And I think it makes lots of sense to apply our laws and to consider people innocent until proven guilty, that's how we've decided to deal with things because it's the best way we could come up with.
About Hank, I don't like or dislike him, he just seems to be maintaining his promise the best way he can.
About trusting Elaine or not, while she was doing her best to learn everything she could about the Incarnates and she seems to be completely trustworthy, she didn't know much more than everyone else in that team, there is a very high chance that she was mistaken in saying that they'll all go berserk, she only noticed it could happen when the first guy went and wasn't sure of many things she said.
Finally, about the narrative thing, I agree with @LawLLawL , but it must be said that, yes, everyone knows how stories work and that you're supposed to believe certain characters, for instance, everyone knows MC=good guy, but the storyteller must not rely on the assumptions that people make, the fact that the MC is a good guy should be backed by his actions. One example of where this makes a difference is in Star Wars, with Anakin: in Episodes I and II (and the start of III) he's clearly the good guy and we often sympathise with his struggles (like "I'm on the council but I'm not a Jedi master" thing), if we just assumed that MC=good guy, then we'd need to warp his actions to keep him a good guy. What I'm trying to say is: we shouldn't blindly trust any character, but actually learn about them through their actions.
Well actually based on expanded universe and even some in universe thing the Jedi are way more evil than the Empire or the Sith: kidnapping children, promoting human slavery , being uncontrolled by anyone and abusing their powers, promoting suppressing emotions. About Anakin if he managed to replace Palpatine he would have been the hero. The rebels actually do a lot of bad things and after they leave a giant power void which causes chaos, corruption, crime. Also the republic was extremely sick by the time Palpatine took over. But when the story is said from the perspective of a group is common practice to demonize the opponents and make yourself seem blameless
nightcrawlercypJul 9, 2019 1:03 AM
Jul 9, 2019 1:08 AM

Sep 2010
Schaal is quite an interesting one; despite her revenge and hatred she still has this somewhat cute naivety - if they do it right, she'll have a good character development

poor dragon
Jul 9, 2019 1:19 AM
Nov 2016
nightcrawlercyp said:
Mythologically said:

Yeah you're the only one who somehow has an opinion about the show despite clearly not having watched it lol

The soldiers lose control of their beasts, like what happened to the poison guy in episode 1. They go berserk and start killing shit. The same thing happened to the dragon lad halfway through this episode when he roared extremely loudly and killed all of that livestock. Their existence is clearly dangerous; how does it not make sense to kill them?
1. He did not kill humans
2. It is not proved he killed the livestock. It was just a supposition. It is possible the wonderful captain Hank did this.
3. I do not believe in condemning someone to death for a crime he has not yet committed but which he might commit
4. You say they lose control but is only what the crazy chick said. Is clear she does not really understand what is going on. The process brings out someone's inner darkness and materializes it as their physical form. Yet in some cases there is not enough darkness to cause the person to become a killer. This is what happened in the case of the dragon. At least that is how I see it.
5. I did watch the 2 episodes aired so far. Not sure why you said I did not watch it.
6. Even if they are all killers Hank does not have the right to kill them. He is even a bigger monster than them.
-Stray said:

They literally say the beasts will lose control sooner or later, its bound to happen, no one is an exception, you see the dragon dad slowly losing himself when he just made a dragon roar in the middle of the night with his eyes glowing, did you want to wait for him to kill the villagers and his daughter before passing judgement? him losing control isn't a matter of him being able to choose you know.

I have the bad habit not believing anything someone says without any proof just because they have a lab coat. Just because the crazy chick said it does not make it true. Also to all rules there are exceptions.

Just one thing to clarify. Since you apply human laws to it, then I'll ask you, is it fine to really just kill animals without permit or anything? Is it fine to see animals ripped apart, no problem. And, btw, I also want to know what do you think a story is. Anything can happen to a story. If I want my character to be a kangaroo with moustache who gets bullied by fishes with the head of flies who always say arf, it's totally possible. I kind of despise people who always looks at the dirt of other people/anything at all than look at the good side to it. Im fine with some opinions but your reasoning just kind of irritate me, no offence. K. Bai. *goes back to reading the discussions*
IlaicaBunny606Jul 9, 2019 1:41 AM
Jul 9, 2019 1:22 AM

Nov 2013
AltoRoark said:
Seriously though, why aren't these monsters being confined by the military they're from?

Seriously this. Anyone not asking this question from episode 1 is already off the mark. The plot hole is so god damn big you can see it from the moon.
Jul 9, 2019 1:31 AM
Mar 2018
What a disappointing follow-up to what was already a bumpy but somewhat promising start.

Some shaky world-building aside, there were nearly zero characterizations for the father, the orphans, or the main girl - all subjects to misfortune, whom we were due our empathy towards. Yet none of them had a sliver of character nor any slightly interesting interactions with one another. Thus reducing all the supposed emotional scenes into nothing but tedious melo-drama.

16 minutes spent watching a bunch of dull plot devices, uninspiredly animated for a hopelessly predicable final confrontation which sadly, did nothing to salvage the dish-water that came before.

For a premise that is quite unique in this season, this is a drop from me. What a bummer.
Jul 9, 2019 1:39 AM
Nov 2016
nightcrawlercyp said:
-Stray said:

I don't think you understand what "fearful" means, or are you just dropping out words to make yourself feel like you won something? you may believe you're being a saint with what you're saying but thats being naive I don't know who that character is but from the looks of it you're implying I've based it on looks? no. You're ignoring context.
So you're just gonna ignore his eyes just randomly glowing while in the middle of a dragon roar as not a sign of them losing control? when the previous soldier's eyes were also glowing while going on a killing spree on their allies? ok then.
Will you also ignore the daddy dragon eyes glowing while being burned? as a sign that he was losing control in their fight?
The dragon gives kids some rides and suddenly the risks should be ignored. You're the type of person that'll get thousands killed for being naive.
Far from being a saint. Just someone that has a strong sense of justice and truth. Maybe I am naive as you say,but I stick by what I said. I know what fearful is. And how fear can cause people to accept a lot of things. Bill Hicks has a nice piece on this. Many people can be controlled by fear.
About thousands dying maybe, but I doubt it. Killing something is not the only way to protect yourself from something dangerous. For instance the jews isolated the muslims with a wall.
And remember: the road to hell is paved with good intentions!
@JiangHaoyi1979 so your advice is to have some female bonding substance... being feminized is good, right? well, first of I was not bullied in school not that it matters. Second, old hags should not give advice to men.
Give me a wall that wont get knocked out by superpowered dragons and giants pls
Jul 9, 2019 1:44 AM
Apr 2016
Mythologically said:
@M4RCEL0 That whole first paragraph is ridiculous. Not only is the narrative obviously telling you that the dragon lad killed the livestock, but it's even proven. The villagers ask to put a weight on him and then evacuate the orphans from his house. This is clearly done because the dragon fellow killed the livestock, as is also proven by the grizzly way that the livestock died. The glare is a sign of them going berserk. Same thing happened with the poison guy from ep 1. You seem to not particularly pay close attention to the show since you've both neglected this and the fact that the villagers did lock the dragon guy down. It also makes absolutely no sense to apply human laws to monsters, because (most) humans don't uncontrollably go berserk and kill scores of people.

Are we dealing with nazies here or something? Danny was literally murdering travelers without giving it a second thought and they say "Nah war is over just let the Incarnates live in peace". This is either nazi-level morality or profound mental dysfunction in being unable to see the problem here. THE DRAGON COULD NOT EVEN TURN BACK INTO HUMAN FORM.
LawLLawL said:
AltoRoark said:

Seriously this. Anyone not asking this question from episode 1 is already off the mark. The plot hole is so god damn big you can see it from the moon.

That would be literally discarding the war heroes. Their world is not as stupid as to defy logic and suddenly turn from liberation war to authoritarian state of oppression. Which is why Elaine knew it has to be them who put an end to each other.
BUT HEADS UP apparently state knows there is problem with monsters and if you take a quick look at the preview and opening sequence you will understand that there are government forces trying to stop rampaging beasts as well. They literally show it. The hole is not in the plot, apparently.
Daniel_NaumovJul 9, 2019 1:52 AM
Re:formed
Jul 9, 2019 1:45 AM

Jan 2018
Alright that was wired. First she wanted to kill him and then wants to travel with him?
I didn't feel anything when he killed his former comrades. I mean I can see what the show is trying to convey but it didn't hit me at all.
Jul 9, 2019 1:53 AM

Aug 2012
IlaicaBunny606 said:
nightcrawlercyp said:
1. He did not kill humans
2. It is not proved he killed the livestock. It was just a supposition. It is possible the wonderful captain Hank did this.
3. I do not believe in condemning someone to death for a crime he has not yet committed but which he might commit
4. You say they lose control but is only what the crazy chick said. Is clear she does not really understand what is going on. The process brings out someone's inner darkness and materializes it as their physical form. Yet in some cases there is not enough darkness to cause the person to become a killer. This is what happened in the case of the dragon. At least that is how I see it.
5. I did watch the 2 episodes aired so far. Not sure why you said I did not watch it.
6. Even if they are all killers Hank does not have the right to kill them. He is even a bigger monster than them.

I have the bad habit not believing anything someone says without any proof just because they have a lab coat. Just because the crazy chick said it does not make it true. Also to all rules there are exceptions.

Just one thing to clarify. Since you apply human laws to it, then I'll ask you, is it fine to really just kill animals without permit or anything? Is it fine to see animals ripped apart, no problem. And, btw, I also want to know what do you think a story is. Anything can happen to a story. If I want my character to be a kangaroo with moustache who gets bullied by fishes with the head of flies who always say arf, it's totally possible. I kind of despise people who always looks at the dirt of other people/anything at all than look at the good side to it. Im fine with some opinions but your reasoning just kind of irritate me, no offence. K. Bai. *goes back to reading the discussions*

1. It depends on many factors. Death is part of this world so killing animals is something natural. Now there are various cases: for instance if the animal belongs to someone then you should ask permission or at least provide compensation . Or for a number of animals not killing them during their reproduction period is something that should be observed. Another case would be non endemic animals which generally need to be hunted not to destroy the ecosystem by over reproducing.
2. About being ripped apart, how do you think wild animals kill their prey?
3. A story is a narration. Is just some are good some are not. I cannot tell you what makes one story good and another one bad but there are some factors involved:
i. inner consistency
ii. being able to identify with a character
iii. not having ideologies pushed down one's throat
iv. being interesting, surprising
v. having complex characters
There are more things but you get my point.
IlaicaBunny606 said:
nightcrawlercyp said:
Far from being a saint. Just someone that has a strong sense of justice and truth. Maybe I am naive as you say,but I stick by what I said. I know what fearful is. And how fear can cause people to accept a lot of things. Bill Hicks has a nice piece on this. Many people can be controlled by fear.
About thousands dying maybe, but I doubt it. Killing something is not the only way to protect yourself from something dangerous. For instance the jews isolated the muslims with a wall.
And remember: the road to hell is paved with good intentions!
@JiangHaoyi1979 so your advice is to have some female bonding substance... being feminized is good, right? well, first of I was not bullied in school not that it matters. Second, old hags should not give advice to men.
Give me a wall that wont get knocked out by superpowered dragons and giants pls

It would depend on the strength of the people trying to get in. That being said a thick wall made out of hard stones and cement is pretty hard to break down. According to this: https://www.castles-of-britain.com/walls.htm outer walls where 2-6m thick. Even if the dragon could break it would still take a lot of time. Adding a moat would delay them even more thus allowing people to kill him if he attacks. Basically I am talking about fortified cities. The dragon would live outside the fortifications. Also the dragon is not that big. Based on visuals I approximate he is 5m tall and 3m length . That would make it about 10t weight based on elephant size. At a speed of 30km/h that would make at most 50000N of force. Believe or not the wall would stand quite a lot even in normal circumstances. If you reinforce it with iron bars it will withstand even more. Also another factor despite having wings the dragon does not seem to fly or maybe I am missing something. The giant rhinoceros can only produce about 4 times human strength so it does not have a chance. Personally I am unsure how they won. Maybe through surprise. With some earplugs and gas masks they should be pretty easy to kill. Humans in WW1 were far more lethal than them. You underestimate human strength and ingenuity
nightcrawlercypJul 9, 2019 2:22 AM
Jul 9, 2019 1:55 AM
Dec 2015
Much better than the 1st episode, I'm starting to enjoy this. Episode 1 pushed me away and this episode just pushed me back in
Jul 9, 2019 2:25 AM

Jul 2017
papsoshea said:
I still don't know about this show, I guess I need 1 more episode. So, Nancy is going to be a main character and buddy-up with Hank. She was given enough backstory to show her current motivations. Hank took out her father, she lost her siblings, pretty tough stuff. But as Hank reminds his former comrades, under the circumstances where they lose it to their incarnate abilities, their own must take them out. Nancy is following Hank to find out the reasons why her father had to die. Nonetheless, the show still looks amazing, visually.

Same here, echoing the same feelings.

I get it that both Hank and Nancy need to have a flashback for their respective reasons, but eh...I'm not feeling a lot for both of the central characters.

But regardless, Nancy has a reason to hunt Hank down, get her revenge...by asking Hank to join her? Finally getting to the beginning of the manga.

Definitely need one more episode.
Jul 9, 2019 3:40 AM

Dec 2015
Didn't expect it to become that much better. (But wasn't the score a bit higher after episode 1 which was worse?)

From "barely watchable" to "quite enjoyable". The background and atmosphere when showing Schaal's past was nice. Also not long enough to be boring. Using 1 episode for that was the correct decision. Omitting it could have made Schaal into a "I don't care about her" char - which I feared would happen.

Making it too long would have gotten boring - "where is the action?".

Good decision. Good execution. Liked the music 'n atmosphere. Also the OP and ED are some of the better ones this season.
Jul 9, 2019 4:13 AM
Obscure Anime Ma
Jan 2017
Art is still consistent which is nice. It really sucks the dad died while still having some of his humanity left in him. I thought the revenge thing his daughter had would have lasted longer then an episode. I was expecting at least 2 or 3 episodes of hunting her fathers killer down. But nope she dropped it and now joined forces which blows my mind but whatever.
Jul 9, 2019 4:44 AM

Oct 2007
Watched episode 2:

Sad that Wil the dragon has to brought down. He would have been a help to the village if he did not go crazy. He can help with the farming, and no one would mess with a village where a dragon lives. Although feeding him is still a problem.

As for the Rhino. Used to be a very kind person, but going berserk twisted his morals and so had to be put down too.

Schaal now going on adventure with Captain Hank. One day she will understand why captain had to kill the dragon.

Ok, passed the two episode test. Katsute made me care about the characters, and want to know more about what happened to the others. Fairy Gone = had to drop that dumpster fire on episode 2, with characters I did not care about whether they died or not.
Liddo-kunJul 9, 2019 4:49 AM
Jul 9, 2019 5:27 AM

Dec 2009
I really like Schaal's design and color palette, dark blue dress and eyes, purple hair with an light blue accesory and the bright red ribbon with a gold accent for contrast, simple but visually appealing, specially since all other characters are very monochromatic.
Jul 9, 2019 5:29 AM

Jul 2017
Red_Ranger_Wien said:
Abusaeed said:

It gets even more stupid knowing that in the previous episode the same army was planning to get rid of their troublesome monsters

Now its even more dumb lmao
Any sensible army would rush into action at the first sign of their supersoldiers going berserk(limiting their use, etc.)
Look at Deus Ex for example, the government makes mechanical supersoldiers but fearing what might happen if they rebel, they implant a kill switch in each soldier for emergency situations.
Jul 9, 2019 6:01 AM
Apr 2016
King_Ether said:
Art is still consistent which is nice. It really sucks the dad died while still having some of his humanity left in him. I thought the revenge thing his daughter had would have lasted longer then an episode. I was expecting at least 2 or 3 episodes of hunting her fathers killer down. But nope she dropped it and now joined forces which blows my mind but whatever.

Clearly you did not understand what you saw on screen. She told him as per subtitles, that she would follow him to see if it was worth for Hank to have killed her father. What that means is that if he is right and everyone else is a monster, then she would drop it. She never once stated she dropped revenge plot already.
Abusaeed said:
Red_Ranger_Wien said:

Any sensible army would rush into action at the first sign of their supersoldiers going berserk(limiting their use, etc.)
Look at Deus Ex for example, the government makes mechanical supersoldiers but fearing what might happen if they rebel, they implant a kill switch in each soldier for emergency situations.

Am I mistkaking something or are you nonchalantly mixing up different stories and concepts and try to present your piece of opinion as respectable while doing so? That's a no no I am afraid. No one is going to bite into that empty parallel you just made. For the better or the worse, you will have to go around the whole narrative, spanning throughout one WHOLE episode, in your head, and then maybe you will put puzzles in proper place. So far you mashed side ones into centre.
Daniel_NaumovJul 9, 2019 6:05 AM
Jul 9, 2019 6:11 AM
Obscure Anime Ma
Jan 2017
Daniel_Naumov said:
King_Ether said:

Clearly you did not understand what you saw on screen. She told him as per subtitles, that she would follow him to see if it was worth for Hank to have killed her father. What that means is that if he is right and everyone else is a monster, then she would drop it. She never once stated she dropped revenge plot already.
Abusaeed said:

Am I mistkaking something or are you nonchalantly mixing up different stories and concepts and try to present your piece of opinion as respectable while doing so? That's a no no I am afraid. No one is going to bite into that empty parallel you just made. For the better or the worse, you will have to go around the whole narrative, spanning throughout one WHOLE episode, in your head, and then maybe you will put puzzles in proper place. So far you mashed side ones into centre.

You are correct she could still try to kill him but I to join him to see if he was correct in kill her father just happened to quick to me. I would have liked to be longer to really hit home how much her dad meant to her and see that blind rage towards Hank
Jul 9, 2019 7:28 AM

Jun 2013
Why did they bring the kids to the hunt? That's just stupid
Jul 9, 2019 7:34 AM
Apr 2016
Axelucard said:
Why did they bring the kids to the hunt? That's just stupid

Several excuses, one truth - stupid writing.
Jul 9, 2019 9:23 AM
Apr 2019
Mythologically said:
Anyway, I don't feel like wasting any more time arguing about a show that I don't even like; especially so when I haven't been confronted with valid logic once this whole day. With that being said, arrivederci.

How dare you say you haven't been confronted with valid logic when you haven't even answered me, it seems to me that
Mythologically said:
(which I misinterpreted to be a weight due to my boundless stupidity)
is you admitting that at least one of my points not only is "valid logic" but is correct and you with your "boundless stupidity" was wrong. The way I see it, you're fleeing from my arguments because you don't have any counterarguments that are "valid logic", if that's so, I'll take the victory, thank you very much.

nightcrawlercyp said:
Well actually based on expanded universe and even some in universe thing the Jedi are way more evil than the Empire or the Sith: kidnapping children, promoting human slavery , being uncontrolled by anyone and abusing their powers, promoting suppressing emotions. About Anakin if he managed to replace Palpatine he would have been the hero. The rebels actually do a lot of bad things and after they leave a giant power void which causes chaos, corruption, crime. Also the republic was extremely sick by the time Palpatine took over. But when the story is said from the perspective of a group is common practice to demonize the opponents and make yourself seem blameless
Well, I'm not talking about the expanded universe, as I've said, it's only about Episodes I, II and III. Also, everything you said is completely arbitrary.
Jul 9, 2019 9:26 AM

Nov 2013
Daniel_Naumov said:

That would be literally discarding the war heroes. Their world is not as stupid as to defy logic and suddenly turn from liberation war to authoritarian state of oppression. Which is why Elaine knew it has to be them who put an end to each other.
BUT HEADS UP apparently state knows there is problem with monsters and if you take a quick look at the preview and opening sequence you will understand that there are government forces trying to stop rampaging beasts as well. They literally show it. The hole is not in the plot, apparently.

Discarding war heroes is actually really common, have a look at human history for examples if you want. Plenty of famous individuals who won major battles or had a hand in the success of their faction in a particular war, only to be pulled down from their pedestals and often even murdered by political rivals for the threat they posed.

Furthermore it's kind of shown in the first episode the regular military already have a poor opinion of the monster unit, at least among the officers that see nothing more than an unstable but highly useful weapon to be pointed in the direction of the enemy. To keep such living weapons on a tight leash isn't so much authoritarian as it is simply sane and rational. We don't let civilians drive militarized and armed vehicles around in our world, or own things like howitzers and military aircraft, just on the promise that Bob the office worker won't use his hardware to blow his neighbour's house away on a bad day. Why the hell would they let individuals which are functionally walking super-weapons have a degree of autonomy that practically guarantees when they do go berserk they will do so in and amongst the civilian population? You don't need to be a utilitarian to see why this is a setup that begets disaster.

As to authoritarian states of oppression, we have no idea what their systems of governance are like. What we do know, however, is based on their level of technology this is more or less a Victorian era society with the artillery pieces and small arms typical of the era rather prominently on display in the first scene of the first episode. In real-world history that's somewhere in the ballpark of the mid-19th century, during which period the vast majority of governments were monarchies of some form. Obviously a fantasy world can take extreme liberties with this and throw a democratic spanner in the works, but at the very least historical precedence is clear. Without a clear in-world explanation for why individual rights and democratic process is popularized in such a period, it makes little sense why the evolution of their societies would not mirror that of our world. The rights of the individual are, relatively speaking, a very new concept. The further back in time you go, the less rights you could expect to find on average. So the idea of an outright authoritarian state from around a century and a half ago by our timeline? Not out of the question at all and imposing modern perspectives on semi-historical situations is highly irrational.

Regarding government forces trying to stop rampaging beasts, that's because the monsters are already loose. Your logic is baffling. It's more than obvious the war in which they fought proved they were unstable, allowing them such freedoms post-war is a clear red flag. Your only rebuttal is that somehow a government response to rampaging monsters nullifies any complicity on their part in the carnage. That's like saying the government bailout of US banks post-2008 in and of itself excused the deregulation and lack of stringent oversight that lead to the economic crisis to begin with. Just because you're frantically throwing water at the fire here and now doesn't mean you couldn't have been responsible for the fire to begin with due to negligence. The two are not mutually exclusive.
LawLx2Jul 9, 2019 9:30 AM
Jul 9, 2019 10:28 AM
Jul 2019
I'll be just repating what everyone said from so far, things are happening too fast. They even had to use flashbacks to give the to deaths some importance and emocional value.
Jul 9, 2019 11:12 AM
Mar 2018
At this point, I have a couple of questions. The dragon dad was visited by those military types because they knew he was special. I took this to mean that they knew his body was compatible with whatever incarnate modifications require. First question, how exactly did they know this especially since the kingdom seems to still be in the medieval ages and thus there are no comparative databases? It would have made more sense to say that anyone could be made into an incarnate.

Second question, the dragon daughter claims that her dad was killed before she could find out anything and yet she opts to shoot Hank first before asking whatever questions she might have. In what world does that make sense?!

Anyway, I liked the opening theme song, it fits the anime quite well.
Jul 9, 2019 1:44 PM

Nov 2017
Hancock23 said:
At this point, I have a couple of questions. The dragon dad was visited by those military types because they knew he was special. I took this to mean that they knew his body was compatible with whatever incarnate modifications require. First question, how exactly did they know this especially since the kingdom seems to still be in the medieval ages and thus there are no comparative databases? It would have made more sense to say that anyone could be made into an incarnate.

Second question, the dragon daughter claims that her dad was killed before she could find out anything and yet she opts to shoot Hank first before asking whatever questions she might have. In what world does that make sense?!

Anyway, I liked the opening theme song, it fits the anime quite well.

It's clearly not even close to being medieval ages. It's overtly mid 1800 in our world's timeframe. The guns, the soldiers' unform, the wild west looking town in ep 2 and all that.
With that said, I dunno how they knew. Maybe we'll find out later, maybe we won't.
For the second question it's actually one of the few things in the entire show that kinda make sense. You see your (in your mind) innocent and harmless drangon dad get murdered in cold blood and you're seething with rage. I don't think asking the killer questions is the first thing to come to your mind when you finally do find him.
Jul 9, 2019 2:43 PM

Oct 2017
I've feeling that they skip something.
Looks that Schaal joined to Hank.I have hope that every one episode will not look the same,i mean random story+killing few his commrades
Jul 9, 2019 3:16 PM

Jul 2014
Well, that was sad, poor Shaal, I really like her. And now that our main duo is finally formed, it will be interesting to follow them.

The OP is great by the way.
SkyLETVJul 9, 2019 3:26 PM
Jul 9, 2019 3:30 PM
Feb 2009
big bewbie blondie next week something to look forward to
Jul 9, 2019 4:26 PM

Mar 2015
This episode has sold me on the series. I got a very True Grit feeling. If the writers do not cop out this may be my favorite for the summer season.
The sword that takes life gives life
Jul 9, 2019 6:35 PM

May 2019
Although there are some issues with pacing I still think that it's working. It might seem a little quick for Schaal to join Hank, but considering she's practically dedicated her life to this hunt, and she just found her prey, I don't think it's too weird for her to do anything to keep him within sight of her.

Personally, I really like Hank. The constant running conflict that he has to deal with has driven him to a life of solitude hell-bent on revenge, and it's giving off the impression that it's slowly breaking him down.

Overall I loved this episode, I think it felt less rushed than ep 1 because of the focus on one storyline, rather than an overarching concept.

We don't know what kind of people we truly are until the moment before our deaths.
As death comes to embrace you, you will realise what you are.
That's what death is, don't you think?

------------------------------------
Itachi Uchiha
Jul 9, 2019 7:28 PM

Jul 2019
Wow this episode was a lot different than the first. The backstory to a girl named Schaal, the daughter of one of the 擬神兵 that were forced(?) to fight in the war. He loses himself and is hunted down by Hank. Schaal tries to hunt down Hank, but ends up joining him on the hunt out of curiosity since she has no way of really killing him herself. It was actually really well done, very emotional. Will this show just be hunting down more 擬神兵 every week? I'm completely fine with that to be honest, but I'm guessing the plot will be a little bit more complex than that.
Jul 9, 2019 9:17 PM

Oct 2017
Schaals story was a sad one. One by one she lost everythng and even had to see her fathers murder with her own eyes.I was kinda amazed lol when she pulled the trigger i totally thght she wont be able to shoot Hank. Thou it didnt do anythng to hank and now she even joined him on his journey. Well pretty gd episose overall looking forward to next episode.
Jul 10, 2019 3:30 AM

Jun 2013
I have a feeling that John William wanted to die. He may have not been able to talk but he pleaded Hank to kill him. They have a connection because they're both Incarnates. William knew that he was going to eventually go berserk and to save his eldest daughter and his other children, it looked like he didn't fight back when Hank shot him. He accepted it. Growing up with only my dad and eventually losing him to disease, that scene gripped my heart. Especially when Schaal ran over to him and cried.

At least the kids were able to experience flying with their daddy and got a lot of field work done thanks to his humongous claws.

The animation is still not my favorite, I'm gonna be honest. There are some scenes which are nice. I haven't read the manga yet, I'm going to do that eventually but I have a lot of manga I'm reading now. However, I did sneak a peek at some panels and the art in the manga is leagues better. Animation in this series reminds me of early 2000s anime.
臭い-
Jul 10, 2019 4:09 AM

Oct 2007
the villagers made the right decision to send off the kids to another place. I would have done the same if put in the same situation.

It's sad because things would have worked out somehow if only Will did not go crazy. The villagers treat him like a hero even if he now looks like a dragon. His daughter and the orphans accepted him even if he looks like a dragon. There is a man giving them food. The only real problem is sooner or later, the dragon would go berserk and kill everyone there including the kids and his own daughter.
Jul 10, 2019 6:45 AM

Jul 2016
AltoRoark said:

Isn't it because the Cain guy who betrayed Hank last episode dispersed them to their home towns?

I am liking this one so far.

I have concerns with the size of that ladies boobs coming up however that this could become a shitshow very quickly./
Jul 10, 2019 1:23 PM
Oct 2017
Typical, they kill your father without saying a word and you decide to travel with the killer to find out why he did it.

The episode was good, they still don't solve the problem of everything happening too fast, I also think that drama becomes repetitive and unnecessary. Even so, it was a better chapter than the previous one and hopefully in the next chapters it will evolve favorably and not get stuck in a cheap drama.

Jul 11, 2019 12:52 AM

May 2019
Vindicater said:
I have concerns with the size of that ladies boobs coming up however that this could become a shitshow very quickly./

Finally someone addresses this issue. Having her look that way cheapens the show imo.
Jul 11, 2019 2:57 AM

Oct 2008
that miru thights pantsu of schaal!
looks like another justice seeker girl huh...
4/5.

Jul 11, 2019 5:55 AM
Jul 2017
That was a quick turnaround in attitude for someone who thinks a guy murdered her father for no reason.

Also, we're just murdering our former co-workers based on what they'll probably do now instead of what they have done or are doing?
MrAnthropeJul 11, 2019 5:58 AM
Jul 11, 2019 7:06 AM
Apr 2016
Vepricose said:
Vindicater said:

Finally someone addresses this issue. Having her look that way cheapens the show imo.

Hey let's not pretend she could not be this endowed. I bet she is some rich thot from a powerful family and this is why she, as a woman of size, has this position handed to her.
MrAnthrope said:
That was a quick turnaround in attitude for someone who thinks a guy murdered her father for no reason.

Also, we're just murdering our former co-workers based on what they'll probably do now instead of what they have done or are doing?

There was no turn around yet.

The former colleagues are quickly losing their bodies to something else and murdering people left and right around the world.
Jul 11, 2019 1:07 PM
Sep 2014
This anime is dark but I've been enjoying it
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Katsute Kami Datta Kemono-tachi e Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 16, 2019

79 by Wolfie_WildeSan »»
Feb 19, 12:01 PM

Poll: » Katsute Kami Datta Kemono-tachi e Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 5, 2019

72 by Fisher94 »»
Oct 25, 2023 3:26 AM

» Does this anime have nudity in it?

yed123 - Feb 6, 2022

1 by SurgingSoulZX »»
Oct 14, 2023 6:58 PM

» Is the score low just because it is "poorly adapted"

GilgaGOAT - Sep 18, 2019

9 by amf85 »»
Oct 13, 2023 10:37 PM

Poll: » Katsute Kami Datta Kemono-tachi e Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 2, 2019

40 by PedroKarim64 »»
Dec 15, 2022 3:37 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.