Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Happy Sugar Life
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Aug 30, 2018 12:17 AM

Aug 2018
_MushiRock11_ said:
I’m really looking forward to the next episode, espeically more so thanks to the interesting hints given at the end credits. I wonder if that painter is alive now. Definitely the most whacked crazy episode of the Season, and perhaps even of the year!
I’m with ya! This anime is just plain wild. I’ve been miserable about guessing what comes next, and I’m staying on the edge of my seat, with dread and anticipation.
Aug 30, 2018 12:24 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
liberal_elder said:
_MushiRock11_ said:
I’m really looking forward to the next episode, espeically more so thanks to the interesting hints given at the end credits. I wonder if that painter is alive now. Definitely the most whacked crazy episode of the Season, and perhaps even of the year!
I’m with ya! This anime is just plain wild. I’ve been miserable about guessing what comes next, and I’m staying on the edge of my seat, with dread and anticipation.

Precisely, this show is seriously in some other level of pure insanity!
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Aug 30, 2018 2:29 PM

Nov 2011
A lot of questions answered in this episode. I guess AUnt is still kicking...she's also stacked and crazy...Check 1 Check 2 lol
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Sep 1, 2018 2:00 AM
Aug 2018
Austro said:

Which actually makes me wonder where Satou learned to be violent. If her aunt was never violent with her, then how she be going around chopping people up and gouging out eyeballs? She seems to think violence is "ok" but no one has ever been violent around her, so.....?

She probably saw a lot of violence (if men were hitting her aunt all the time for instance). Even if she did not receive the violence herself, she probably understood that you had to be ready to do anything for love.

Anyway, it makes senses there is two appartement. I always found it weird that Shio never mentionned phone call or someone knocking on the door.

PS : Sure, the cops behaved weirdly. But, even if they started doing "investigation" on the aunt, it would not connect to Shio/other appartement/murder, so while it's kinda a discrepancy, it would probably not change a lot the story (except Satou would need to be more careful), I think.

Sep 2, 2018 10:54 PM

Dec 2016
Actually didnt see that coming. I thought she was gonna take her friend back to her apt and show her shio then kill her. Then the police officers were there and i had no idea how she was getting out of that. So her aunt is actually alive? Hmm interesting
Sep 3, 2018 2:47 PM

Jan 2014
That teacher is just pure insanity. What a masochistic player.

AND SURPRISE! We all thought the Aunt is dead but she's alive.

Satou's aunt is another hottie apparently. She's definitely crazy, but I wouldn't say she's crazy in the sense like the other characters. She's something else that is really sad. Shoko fell apart when I was rooting for her to show Satou that you can have friendly love as well but it seems like she fell short. I'm still hoping she can be the key. (She's still the only normal person here so far maybe with Asahi)

I don't know about any other viewers this anime is crazy, but it's really sad at the same time when you think about it. The characters are so broken in their search for love that it's hard not sympathize for them and hope that their lives will change. I mean, the aunt seems like she was a normal person up until she probably met her husband that just treated her like trash and that's when she started mistaking being used as being loved. This is a really tragic anime.

If any viewers feel like they're looking for love or anything else in all the wrong places, you can get help and there are people who care for you.
zeron824Sep 3, 2018 4:49 PM
Sep 8, 2018 11:05 PM

Aug 2017
This is a very smart move for the show. A different aparment. Ah, Satou's aunt. She is creepy. We know why the apartment doesn't smell bad. Satou and Shoko's friendship ended :( At least she wasn't killed.

I'll give it an extra point. (6/10)
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Sep 13, 2018 10:02 AM

Dec 2014
wow the aunt is alive… I am like wow so many things are here and there…. I am totally stunned while watching the show
Oct 8, 2018 11:38 AM

Jul 2009
OMG! This was the biggest surprise for me! Her aunt is alive!!! And hell she is damn crazy, no wonder Satou turned out like this...
I am mad at Shouko...
Oct 13, 2018 2:53 PM

Mar 2014
Dang that was disturbing. Her aunt is so creepy, she made me feel uncomfortable throughout the episode. No wonder Satou can't stand her. Shoko's reaction and admission weren't good so it just cancelled out her newfound courage.. this is really sad considering Shoko was struggling to get closer to Satou in the first place.

I agree that it's pretty unrealistic that the cop was harassed and then just left the house normally, despite the fact that the aunt is supposed to live with an underaged girl lol. And the perv teacher is starting to get on my nerves, he serves no purpose other than being a horny stalker at this point.
Oct 15, 2018 1:00 PM

May 2012
This episode was quite fucked up if you ask me, meeting her "aunt" was quite something.
Nov 5, 2018 5:19 PM

Apr 2015
I’d let Satou’s aunt take care of all my desires.
"No, son, you may not have your body pillow at the dinner table!"
Dec 12, 2018 7:48 AM

Jan 2012
it was a better episode than the previous couple, glad we got to see the aunt actually always wondered if she would actually turn up....

the whole cop scene however unnerving was just a little bit silly, no actual policemen would act like that if one of their partners was basically getting pinned down and sexually harassed (Although as someone said in a previous comment with how crazy these characters are I was half expecting the to go back at the end scene or something)
Dec 29, 2018 8:02 PM

Mar 2014
???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
Jan 1, 2019 9:23 AM
otp haver 🤪

Jul 2017
Nobody else noticed that entire Utena reference?

I ALSO KNEW THERE WAS GONNA BE TWO APARTMENTS. I FEEL SO CLEVER.

I knew her aunt would be alive but she's even more unhinged then expected, also addicted to abuse? Yikes my god.

Super side note, this episodes pacing felt super dragged. Sheesh. The teachers dramatics along with her aunts crazy monologue felt so long winded like christ.
Feb 18, 2019 8:16 PM

Jun 2014
There's just something about this anime that makes a single episode feel unbearably long. And not in a bad way at all; this isnt boring in the slightest. There's just an oppressive, muddy feeling of watching this show that makes it difficult to endure. This anime isnt a horror, but it somehow still manages to capture the same anxiety and dread for the viewer, which is what makes this anime unique and interesting.
Aug 19, 2019 5:59 PM

Jun 2017
it was obvious from the second the police were there that this wasnt real apartment.

honestly,i considered for a good bit whether the aunt is really an alive human. the bandages location looked too convenient.
putting that aside,who the f*** is in the 3 bags??!! the kid's mom and aunt was shown to be alive,and she stated that the aunt raised her...maybe her parents were away for her childhood (abandoned her) then she killed them? them + the painter would make three body bags.

the aunt was both really sexy and an extreme M lol. imagine meeting someone like her IRL. that would be a memory for the ages XD
Mar 24, 2020 1:36 PM

Dec 2008
Haha that Utena-style flashback which turned out to not even be true...

So we can see part of what helped compile Satou's twisted version of love.
May 15, 2020 2:40 AM

Oct 2010
Poor police officer, satou's aunt has so much love in her it reminds me of Souther from hokuto no ken.
Satou is a psycho but now shoko will be out of the picture, she should've told satou that she's with her and all that sugar but the behaved like a loser.
Jun 4, 2020 6:08 PM

Jul 2013
Another sicko joins the cast.

So Satou was raised by a crack whore (or close enough) who kind of molested a policeman who came to search her house for bodies. She then offered to screw everyone in the room. I bet Satou was molested by her aunt while she was growing up. EDIT: Or at least one of her aunt's "friends"

Who was the painter? He's probably in the garbage bags. What's his connection to Shio? Theory: Shio and her mom lived in the same apartment complex.

Anyway, the anime opens with Satou and Shio watching a building burn. I'm waiting for that to happen.
towelgirl21Jun 4, 2020 6:16 PM
Jul 9, 2020 6:00 PM
Review Moderator
Book Princess

Nov 2018
You know, I personally don't think that the police officers were that unrealistic in this scene. Yes, the second partner was probably a bit slow to react, but when the guy being assaulted is doing nothing it would make things more confusing. I'm not sure the aunt was committing a crime either, since everything was in her home and she wasn't offering sex for money (it would depend on Japan's local laws.) You also have to consider that American police are much more militarized than police in other democracies, so what an American cop would do is likely not what a Japanese cop would do. Finally, I don't think the police would interfere on grounds of potential child abuse since the aunt isn't acting abusive toward her. While living with her aunt isn't a good environment at all, it may not be a technically abusive environment.
Every day you can read a book or watch some anime is a good day!
Dec 21, 2020 3:13 PM

Mar 2019
This took an unexpected turn of events. But after watching the ending, it makes sense. Her aunt lives in a different apartment and man, she's weird af.
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Apr 10, 2021 4:57 AM

Nov 2013
Her aunt is alive? That was a twist...
May 16, 2021 11:24 PM

Jun 2020
This time in the start of the episode we have a theatrical way of an introduction regarding Satou's past pretty unique I must say

Now we finally got to see Satou's aunt she's really creepy but at the same time she's beautiful but keep in mind she's weird it was really disturbing to see her presence in this episode and I really thought she was dead as assumed

So Satou just lives in the same apartment but farther away from her Aunt's room I really didn't expect that from this episode and at the end there were fragments that hint at what happened to room 1208.

Jul 28, 2021 1:23 PM

Mar 2021
Episode 7 "What the Sugar Girl is Made out of"
I'm Impressed Sensei got that close, Stalker Lvl: +69
The Policeman Drowned in her Dommy Mommy Milkers and got a PTSD xD
Also, Her Aunt is a Thicc woman but she's Weird asf
Sep 7, 2021 4:39 AM

Jul 2021
I honestly just couldn't take this episode seriously. Why did the policewoman just stand and wait for so long whilst the aunt was literally ontop of her co-worker? It just does not make sense to me
Oct 15, 2021 11:29 PM

Nov 2009
I like how this series is giving us plot every episode and not using filler and out of place happy scenes just to appease some viewers.

Satou's Aunt is a great character. She can easily read people and their suppressed desires, and in a way, wants to help by offering to be an outlet for them. Either that or she's just very masochistic. Problem is, she has no love for herself what-so-ever. That could actually be the root problem for all the disturbed characters we've seen, with the exception perhaps being Shio. I feel like she's the next generation of abused and will either break the mould or end up being the worst of them all.

m-i-c-h-a-e-l said:
There's just something about this anime that makes a single episode feel unbearably long. And not in a bad way at all; this isnt boring in the slightest. There's just an oppressive, muddy feeling of watching this show that makes it difficult to endure. This anime isnt a horror, but it somehow still manages to capture the same anxiety and dread for the viewer, which is what makes this anime unique and interesting.
You're right. It's suspenseful and yet the episodes feel slow as it sets an unnerving atmosphere. Kind of reminds me of From the New World in that way. Happy Sugar Life is no masterpiece like Monster, it just has too many unrealistic aspects but it's a pretty good psychological that's not relying on supernatural elements. By unrealistic I mean things like how she gouged two men's eyes out in a public park and the police have no idea who did it. No like she went to great lengths to cover it up.
Nov 28, 2021 12:51 AM
Mar 2019
Damn! At first I thought it's either her aunt or that kid's mom but after that after credits scene, it seems like she killed some guy who was the owner of that apartment
Feb 2, 2023 2:13 PM
Jan 2020
çok iyi bölümdü fena taklaya geldim
günü hatırlamam gece sonundaaaaa
Mar 8, 2023 6:44 AM
Sep 2021
episodio donde hace aparición la tía de satou por primera vez después de una cena bastante tensa
Mar 20, 9:54 PM
Oct 2017
I first I thought Daichi was a very boring character and nothing more than your normal archetype of a masochist, but this episode he turned into a more interesting and meta character playing a part of the audience when we saw Satou was in trouble with the police man, of course he was also moaning the whole time but... still, I liked that little bit because I felt Daichi is aware of how fucked up things are.

I was also a bit perturbed at first at how I couldn't refute the argument of Satou's aunt that letting anyone do anything to her is love, I have thought a lot about what love is to other people, and I know that she is mentally ill but if we went into a sort of superlative, suffering as extremely as possible for the sake of someone would also be an act of love. The thing that helped me stop going down that rabbit hole inside Satou's aunt heas was that she was trying to love everyone, even the policemen, but at the cost of her dignity and humanity, she didn't love herself. I still think she is probably really evil, considering Satou's harsh feelings when someone has to keep appearances and lie a bit to her like her best friend did when she was feeling taken back by the whole weirdness of the matter.
PhixiatelyMar 20, 10:02 PM
Mar 20, 9:55 PM
Oct 2017
Also, the subtitles didn't translate this but I heard an Onii san from Satou in that post credits scene, I feel that maybe a guy originally owned that apartment, and that's the person Satou killed, but we will see.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Happy Sugar Life Episode 2 Discussion

TheFreycook - Aug 9, 2018

43 by Dizzy-san »»
May 12, 1:25 PM

Poll: » Happy Sugar Life Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 14, 2018

96 by LeonardoFrav »»
Apr 4, 7:28 PM

Poll: » Happy Sugar Life Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 28, 2018

328 by Phixiately »»
Mar 25, 10:46 PM

Poll: » Happy Sugar Life Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 21, 2018

70 by Phixiately »»
Mar 23, 11:34 PM

Poll: » Happy Sugar Life Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Sacerdotisa - Aug 9, 2018

66 by Phixiately »»
Feb 29, 1:27 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.