Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (15) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Apr 21, 2018 9:46 AM
Jan 2018
Short_Circut said:
Nice ep, although I wonder how much of the recent harassment impacted the direction of this episode

Angel942 said:
In 16 hiro start ribellion with 02! Ep 16 code 016

Yea I was thinking the same. Actually thought it was gonna happen way sooner in a lot or eps

Honestly I don't think they changed anything. That one Trigger rep (can't remember their name) did say to look forward to episode 15. Besides, I don't think they could change something like that so quick and not have art issues with the animation.

Also, could we please recognize Goro as the MVP and voice of reason for this episode?
Apr 21, 2018 9:47 AM

Jun 2015
Hiro and Zero Two are finally back together again, thanks to Goro. He's amazing. Their mecha looks different now and they kissed, which I don't care about. The action was pretty good. That ending though...that is a very huge hand. I still don't like Bitchigo *puke*.
Apr 21, 2018 9:48 AM
Dec 2016
Short_Circut said:
Nice ep, although I wonder how much of the recent harassment impacted the direction of this episode

Angel942 said:
In 16 hiro start ribellion with 02! Ep 16 code 016

Yea I was thinking the same. Actually thought it was gonna happen way sooner in a lot of eps

None of this episode was affected by the dumb asses from last week, this episode was almost done by last week.
Mar 2018
KingKatsura said:
phenomenal episode, one of the best Trigger has ever done.

That kinda disgraces Little Witch Academia and Kill La Kill. Besides is Trigger even that much involved in this show, artistically speaking? They are listed as one of the studios, but not the producers...
Oct 2017
I dont care what others say. Ichigo is still the worst

Sep 2015
OmGpOwNs1 said:
Is nobody going to talk about the human things in the klaxosaurus core?

Either klaxosaurs are mutated humans or humans are baby klaxosaurs. Either way, Hiro and Zero Two should high tail it and leave ASAP bc those humans probably aren't worth protecting.
Apr 21, 2018 9:49 AM

Nov 2016
Just came here to say:

DARLING IN THE CUUUUUCCKKKKKZZZZZ !!!!
Apr 21, 2018 9:50 AM
Mar 2018
cupc said:
How ironic that he's called Alpha

is this the gay one I predicted in another thread before? because it looks like two dudes to me, plus I get a strong Eva vibe here
Apr 21, 2018 9:50 AM

Oct 2015
-Stray said:
As expected people are praising the show just because of Zero Two and Hiro had a romantic scene, you people would accept anything when it comes to ship, hell this ep coulda been just Hiro and 02 kissing for 24mints and you'll all still say *ITS THE BEST EP, 02 X Hiro OMG SHUSHU ME SO HAPPY FOR THEM* *gag*

That being said I knew the massive staff list would not disappoint, this was a really heavy fight ep, the effects and choreography were great, and I knew those yellow like tubes inside the cores were humans! these adults really did a number on their world, now the final boss A.K.A those adults are gonna get it.

haha, their lost their own shit in last week. This episode will healing their emotion again . And as you said , we are going to real plot now .

Apr 21, 2018 9:51 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
No need to say that this was fuckin inredible.

Gonna put out the real questions here for the plot.

- Nine's have reversed positions in the robots, why?
- The cores have human shaped forms.
- Suspicious back-up was mentioned by the big guys.
- HUMOUNGOUS FUCKIN HAND APPEARS!
May 2013
Awesome episode after all but I still hate the fact that they completely skipped the fact that Goro was eavesdropping on Ichigo last episode. Pretty disappointing. Now it just seems like he doesn't care that much but is still on Hiro's side. I am looking forward for the next episode and hope that we will get some background information in regard of the Kyoryuu (I still don't get why the english sub uses a shitty neologism after all)
Oct 2017
Imohammed206 said:
Where are all Ichigo Haters ? She is the one who Got them Back So all Of STFU . Just Go and find something useful to do instead of insulting the anime staff and threatening them.

Yeah, after unfairly seperating them. Girl's gotta repent for her shitty actions

Nov 2009
Good redemption from previous episode. Now all the salt can stop. It's nice to see we are back to action after all those corny teenage drama. 5/5.
'America is a stolen country'
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SM8WZ0ztMuc

Zapredon said:
It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.

Totally agree!

Apr 2008
Pathetic attempt at writing. No stakes, no emotional engagement, no consistency.
I shall know no fear as I am fear incarnated
Apr 21, 2018 9:52 AM

Sep 2012
Ep was rushed tbh. Couldnt enjoy that much.

Well at least ep 14 meltdown is ended so thats something.
May 2015
DonTrumpolino said:
KingKatsura said:
phenomenal episode, one of the best Trigger has ever done.

That kinda disgraces Little Witch Academia and Kill La Kill. Besides is Trigger even that much involved in this show, artistically speaking? They are listed as one of the studios, but not the producers...
i love both those shows but that doesn't affect my statement. they are the creative lead behind the show
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 2015
ZingFreelancer said:
Pathetic attempt at writing. No stakes, no emotional engagement, no consistency.
pathetic attempt at posting but here is your first quote
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 21, 2018 9:53 AM
Cherry Thighs

Apr 2013
Now that is the fucking reunion we needed in the last episode. I will admit, I was on the verge of tears and I'm so glad that I didn't have to wait for several episodes for those two to get their feelings across. Everything about their reunion was perfect. Understanding each other's past, forgiving each other for their mistakes, expressing their love, the evolution of Strelizia and the kiss we all wanted (unlike the kiss from the last episode). All I want now from those two is to be super cutesy and adorable all the time.

Also, hands down, Goro is best man. We love you and I'm sorry you have to deal with Ichigo as your partner. I think most of the community here can agree on that and I find myself glad that Hiro's feelings weren't affected by Ichigo's actions previously, and still aimed to be with Zero Two as much as before. Now can Ichigo move on and realize how great of a guy Goro has been to her?

I'm quite surprised no one died as I think most people expected it since there has been, especially with Kokoro, a few death flags hinted earlier in the series. Although the fight is still ongoing I believe, so that may come in the next few weeks as the writers probably just wanted to focus down on Zero Two and Hiro.
Apr 21, 2018 9:55 AM

Feb 2018
come on... the true mvps are the parasites of plantation 26
Apr 21, 2018 9:56 AM

Jun 2014
It's clear as day that this show works much better when it focuses more on action and less on romance. The romantic stuff, I couldn't care less about, but when we get action like this, it's absolutely great to watch.

I did like Hiro and Zero Two's reunion though. That was nice. Now hopefully this steers away from the romance as we go forward.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Apr 21, 2018 9:56 AM

Feb 2015
Glad they brought it back together; hopefully this will kill the hate they're getting from episode 14. I mean death threats? Really?

5/5
Apr 21, 2018 9:57 AM

Feb 2018
DonTrumpolino said:
cupc said:
How ironic that he's called Alpha

is this the gay one I predicted in another thread before? because it looks like two dudes to me, plus I get a strong Eva vibe here

theyre are all gay
Apr 21, 2018 9:59 AM
Nov 2017
This was another good episode!

Ichigo and the rest of squad 13 are still doing their best to be protective of Hiro. Ichigo definitely seemed like she's not carrying around the same metaphorical weight that she was before her confession to Hiro in the last episode.
We got to see the other members of squad 13 confidently strut their stuff in combat again which was nice.

Zero Two was pretty far gone after the traumatic events of the last couple of episodes.
Hiro definitely seemed kind of hollow since everything that happened in the last two episodes. After some effort to join her on the battlefield, and with some help from Goro and Ichigo they are able to meet again and reconcile.

I don't think they would've been able to as effectively if they hadn't spent the time apart that they did. Before now Hiro and Zero Two's relationship was dangerous and unhealthy for both of them. They were both using each other for different reasons. Their reconciliation and re-connection seems like it'll put them on track for something more stable and healthier for both them. I hope so anyway.

I feel bad for Ichigo. Love is rough in regular human society, but it's got to be a million times more confusing and difficult in this fucked up future version. She finally seems content now that she's been able to express her feelings and I think she is genuine when she says she's happy for Hiro and Zero Two.

I think it helped that Goro was the one who got Ichigo to deliver Hiro to Zero Two as well. She and Goro are in similar positions that they both have strong feelings for people who don't share those feelings in the same way, and I think that encouragement from him is kind of like saying "I know how you feel, but you need to let go." Just my two cents.
Apr 21, 2018 9:59 AM

Jul 2013
Are you not entertained?

strelitzia rojo here we go
Apr 21, 2018 10:00 AM

Feb 2011
GOBRO
ALSO THAT KILL LA KILL TRANSFORMATION
ALSO I COULD WATCH THE SECOND HALF OF THE EPISODE A HUNDRED TIMES AND I WOULD STILL NOT HAVE ENOUGH OF IT.
Jan 2018
Smudy said:

Yeah... Here's everyone talking about the Hiro/002 ship, yet nobody appears to care about the gigantic hand that nearly annihilated everyone in the last 20 seconds.
Apr 2018
I'm kinda sad they didn't explore Ichigo+Hiro at all, I guess there's still a chance they can do stuff with it but honestly Zero Two and Hiro's reunion was pretty powerful, any attempt to separate them again would just be cheap. Also kind of annoyed they didn't explore Goro's feelings at all especially after last episodes ending, I guess he's just fine with what happened? Doesn't matter now anyways I suppose. By the way does anyone else feel like this should have been split in to two episodes?

Anyways other than that I thought it was pretty great. All the action scenes felt well done, ignoring the brief fight between Ichigo and Zero two which probably should have been extended. The reunion was pretty wholesome so I guess there's always points for feels.

TLDR: Not the best episode by far but lots of tense and emotional moments, pacing was off but other than that it held up well.
Apr 21, 2018 10:01 AM

Sep 2013
Pityfool said:
Smudy said:

Yeah... Here's everyone talking about the Hiro/002 ship, yet nobody appears to care about the gigantic hand that nearly annihilated everyone in the last 20 seconds.

some people have priorities...
Apr 21, 2018 10:03 AM

Jan 2015
So everything but the last 40 seconds was 10/10. Finally got that emotional payoff from all the build up.

Then it goes to straight wtf.
Big Order (TV):great anime or greatest anime?
Apr 21, 2018 10:03 AM
Apr 2011
Railtracks said:
Glad they brought it back together; hopefully this will kill the hate they're getting from episode 14. I mean death threats? Really?

5/5

They better have a happy ending else it would be a second round of death threats.
Apr 21, 2018 10:04 AM

Jul 2014
Hibaena said:
come on... the true mvps are the parasites of plantation 26

#Respect
#BiggestBalls
#FCKTheAdults
#Nine'sGay
DarFrax Twitter chibi mecha's are damn adorable.

Pityfool said:
Smudy said:

And the possibility that it purposely didn't squash them cause I call BS that none of em got caught in that!
Apr 21, 2018 10:05 AM
Apr 2017
VanishingKira said:

I'll just leave this here.

and there it is. this show was only a 9/10 to me last week. Now i can finally call this show a masterpiece 10/10. it's time for me to empty my wallet and but all the darling in the franxx merchandise, figures, and t shirts i can buy.

shessh in a matter of one episode ... the rating was 8.05 after all that hate. now its 8.06

_kuro_n3ko_Apr 21, 2018 10:16 AM
Apr 21, 2018 10:08 AM

Feb 2018

coincidence? i think the mcfuck not
Apr 21, 2018 10:09 AM
Aug 2016
Zero Two admitted she was wrong take that. Ichigo crying was a clear sign she forced herself onto Hiro for her sake with that forced kiss. Please know no waifu is innocent. They have their sins.

Time for me to go back into hiding after trolling the cancerous illogical fans that gave us casual anime goers a bad name. The ones I disliked the most are the ones that sent out the death threats.

Jan 2013
Alright alright, this ep saved it from keeping it 1 score. It's back to 5 now.

Wtf at those gay dudes lmao.

02 and Hiro reunited. This is how it should have always been, i'll just pretend that episode 14 never happened. This episode was packed with amazing animation fighting scenes. The addition of the opening song made the Strelizia battle even better.

4/5 episode, what a huge redemption.

Jan 2018
After all the salt I am happy
Humans are inside the core and a big chubby hand?

Dec 2015
This wasn't as impactful as episode 13 but was definitely an improvement over episode 14. I'm getting more and more curious about the klaxiosaurs in this anime. Were they once human? What are Papa and the other's goal? What the fuck was that giant hand?? So many questions...
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Apr 21, 2018 10:10 AM
Aug 2012
Man this is just a horrible episode.

I mean we all know that 02 gonna be with hiro. Come on.

This whole thing is just convenient, rushed and everyone is celebrating this series for winning their ship.

Apr 21, 2018 10:10 AM
Sep 2012
I thought this was macha, drama and sci,and action. anime in no romance I get the feeling that Hiro or zero two will died in the last episode. I got a gut feeling about it. It doesn't make sense that boy and girl got separate and reunited after one episode. Will see next week zero two lost one of her horn. I get the feeling she doesn't have much time left to live.
Apr 21, 2018 10:11 AM

Feb 2015
Hibaena said:

coincidence? i think the mcfuck not

I was honestly thinking the same thing.
Apr 21, 2018 10:12 AM

Feb 2015
Honestly though, Goro is best guy. What a fucking dude.
Apr 21, 2018 10:14 AM

Jul 2017
Trigger continues to save anime with its fucking fantastic action sequences. Looked epic and phenomenal in every way.

The Ichigo/002/Hiro love triangle drama looks like it concluded but that was so corny and rushed. It's like the writers rushed to change this after all the negative press surrounding the last episode.

Still, the action looked so beautiful that I can forgive it and call it a good episode.

Feb 2015
Did they confirm that the α's are of klaxasourian-descent like Zero Two? Because they definitely had horns.
RailtracksApr 21, 2018 10:18 AM

Jan 2013
Railtracks said:
Honestly though, Goro is best guy. What a fucking dude.
Yep. He saved this anime. No, he saved fucking anime as a whole
Apr 21, 2018 10:15 AM

Dec 2016
really good ep but wow how embarassing was the moment "we will be together forever xoxo power of love will make us kill every klaxosaur we are unbeatable" ...
cringe af
Signature removed. Please have a positive iq.
Apr 21, 2018 10:16 AM

May 2017
Man the end was good by i don't think that the conclusion to this anime will be good, why ? Because i see a death flag on 02 or 16.
Apr 21, 2018 10:16 AM

Sep 2017
Well, I have to say that they kinda blew all the potential drama and character development they could have had because of the last episode. All the animosity between 02 and Ichigo got resolved waaay too quickly. But the fights were pretty great and we still have a bunch of chapters to discover the misteries about humanity and that motherfucking city-size hand.
Apr 21, 2018 10:17 AM
Nov 2014
Goro is the MVP this episode... Glad Ichigo accepted his action.
Apr 21, 2018 10:18 AM
Jul 2018
Well, that was certainly an interesting episode.

Enjoyed the action/fighting scenes.

Laughed at the way the Nines were reversed in terms of piloting (the guys being the pistils and the girls being the stamens).

Absolutely LOVED Hiro's and Zero Two's reunion (and damn, does their "power-up" look BADASS - also looks a lot more like the latter, too).

Had a hunch that the klaxosaurs are in, some way, human.

Anyway, can't wait to see what the next episode brings!

Overall Episode Score: 10/10
Apr 21, 2018 10:18 AM
Feb 2018
ichigo has stopped being cuck i am happy now
Pages (15) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 20, 2018

599 by shakir2909 »»
May 27, 1:04 AM

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 6, 2018

332 by JIBRIPASCUA »»
May 25, 6:06 PM

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 22 Discussion

TheFreycook - Aug 8, 2018

37 by otakuanity »»
May 15, 12:06 PM

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 21 Discussion

joe_g7 - Aug 8, 2018

44 by otakuanity »»
May 15, 8:47 AM

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 )

joe_g7 - Aug 8, 2018

66 by otakuanity »»
May 14, 9:31 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.