Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
May 19, 2018 7:45 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Wow, the morning after lol.

Ichigo isn't in a good mood this epsiode and neither is Futoshi. In fact, the guy is pissed by the looks of it and that didn't surprise me although he stiil seems to want the best for Kokoro and Mitsuru. What a bro. Ikuno and Ichigo had a pretty tense moment so it seems they made up in their own way.

Zero Two's dream was creepy....possibly a foreshadowing. The Giant Hand in one of the previous episodes is in it.
Kokoro looked very pretty in her wedding dress during her celebration with Mitsuru. Poor Futoshi. So much for a perfect wedding...especially with getting interrupted. Nines, the wedding crashers.
Stark700May 19, 2018 9:13 AM
May 19, 2018 8:00 AM

Sep 2017
I love it when they give clues about the coming episodes..

Way too different episode but damn..that was..fucked up..

H O L Y S H I T

BallroomdancerMay 19, 2018 9:11 AM

ボールルームダンサー
May 19, 2018 8:07 AM

Nov 2010
Forget about their life-long friend completely? Such a extreme memory operation must break their personalities from inconsistency.
May 19, 2018 8:14 AM
Jun 2015
kuroneko99 said:
Forget about their life-long friend completely? Such a extreme memory operation must break their personalities from inconsistency.

so both kokoro and mitsuru forgot about each other that is super fucked up
May 19, 2018 8:20 AM
Oct 2016
I told y'all there would be consequences for what those two did. But there's one good thing about this. Viva La Revolution to the max!
May 19, 2018 8:21 AM
May 2016
FOR DAMN SAKE, I REALLY HATE THE NINES!!
Also "SO-CALLED-PAPA"!!!

Let Squad 13 had their happy life! >w<

F for the Koko-Mitsu memories, Futoshi, and even Ikuno.

I'm absolutely hate Nine Alpha, he's so pissing me off!
Why are you saying like "humans doesn't need gender or emotions"?!
What are you? Aliens?? Or "So-called-human-wannabe" like Code:001* said?

Now I knew who the true antagonist in this series...

Note: *I mean Princess of uh.. Koryuu-what-again? ==a
May 19, 2018 8:37 AM
Jun 2015
Longing4Abyss said:
So this episode confirms this anime is trash. 6 episodes left is not enough for a good rest of the story.

having to plan an anime with efforts made into every tinnest and smallest detail for the past 17 episodes means that they have more to show the audience - I would call it trash WHEN episode 23 is shit.
May 19, 2018 8:40 AM

Sep 2017
uchimaki131 said:
Longing4Abyss said:
So this episode confirms this anime is trash. 6 episodes left is not enough for a good rest of the story.

having to plan an anime with huge details for the past 17 episodes means that they have more to show the audience - I would call it trash WHEN episode 23 is shit.

Same..it's still enjoyable but

Let's wait till it finishes..

ボールルームダンサー
May 19, 2018 8:44 AM
Jan 2018
Hiro and 02 are togheter in the final.. I expect this damn revolution ..
They are protect here remember
Next ep., I expect the memories to return and for the boys to start to change seriously.
I hope Dr. Franxx has tried to falsify brainwashing
I hope that 02 has recovered the memories until she realized that hiro was her darling!
I hope now they protect each other!
May 19, 2018 8:47 AM
Oct 2016
Longing4Abyss said:

There wasn't any plot from the 3rd(?)ep when Hiro and ZeroTwo did their second cooperation. After becoming a pilot 016 didn't have any goal like "oh, I was born to be a pilot and I will!". Except ep 13 and 15(?) it's just slice of life in totally unknown world.
May 19, 2018 8:47 AM
Apr 2018
Wtf is this show going to get a second season ? They are wasting too many episodes on this Kokoro x Misturu trash, that I couldn’t care less about can we get to the main plot of the show already, feeling the last episodes will be rushed.
May 19, 2018 8:53 AM

Nov 2016
Wtf, a wedding? And Futoshi acting as the pastor ? Lmao.when will we get the baby,tho, or was it aborted

But welp,dream wedding got interrupted and memories were changed.A chance for Futoshi ?

FMmatronMay 19, 2018 10:02 AM

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

May 19, 2018 8:55 AM
Nov 2017
spideypeter000 said:
Wtf is this show going to get a second season ? They are wasting too many episodes on this Kokoro x Misturu trash, that I couldn’t care less about can we get to the main plot of the show already, feeling the last episodes will be rushed.
If you actually used your brain and cognitive functions , you would know the plot is the kids learning the truth of who they are and surviving . This is a character drama that just happens to take place in mech . Nothing is gonna be rushed you obviously love the show because you tune in every damn week and get on MAL right after to talk about it . If you don’t like it stop watching .
May 19, 2018 8:58 AM
May 2017
Even Zero Two's memory?

Also, to all of the people who think it's going diwnhill of this point, SHUT UP AND LET OTHERS WATCH IT IN PEACE!
May 19, 2018 8:58 AM
Oct 2015
I must be the only one who like 9's A..
May 19, 2018 8:59 AM
May 2017
MetalTsundere said:
I must be the only one who like 9's A..

Is Zero Two's memories wiped again?
May 19, 2018 8:59 AM

Mar 2016
the ending was literally "Goodbye Happiness"
May 19, 2018 9:01 AM
May 2017
I bet Zero Two is crying her heart out after all of this.
May 19, 2018 9:01 AM

Apr 2008
Jesus. The worst thing about this series is all the whining fans. Maybe wait till it's done before judging it.
May 19, 2018 9:02 AM
Apr 2018
MonkeyDJasper said:
spideypeter000 said:
If you actually used your brain and cognitive functions , you would know the plot is the kids learning the truth of who they are and surviving . This is a character drama that just happens to take place in mech . Nothing is gonna be rushed you obviously love the show because you tune in every damn week and get on MAL right after to talk about it . If you don’t like it stop watching .
This show has about a handful of episode left shouldn’t they be using this time to set up the villain 001 and the finale or focus on background characters that they didn’t care about until a few episodes ago ?
May 19, 2018 9:03 AM

Sep 2017
Longing4Abyss said:

Don't worry A LOT is going on..

ボールルームダンサー
May 19, 2018 9:05 AM

Sep 2017
DeadPh0enix said:
Longing4Abyss said:

There wasn't any plot from the 3rd(?)ep when Hiro and ZeroTwo did their second cooperation. After becoming a pilot 016 didn't have any goal like "oh, I was born to be a pilot and I will!". Except ep 13 and 15(?) it's just slice of life in totally unknown world.

Watch this episode and then say its a slice of life..

TOTALLY FUCKED UP EPISODE

ボールルームダンサー
May 19, 2018 9:15 AM
May 2018
Damn that was fucked up.

Forgetting each others existence.

Please someone kill the nines.

I hope the remember everything again.

That was way worse than death.
May 19, 2018 9:17 AM

Apr 2008
I love where the series is heading. The true enemy is known. To Hiro and the others I say kill them all.
May 19, 2018 9:20 AM

Mar 2016
Well, noboby here said "happily ever after", right?
No tomo malas decisiones, solo me gusta apoyar causas perdidas.
Disfruté Mayoiga, Ou-sama Game, Evil or Live, Mirai Nikki, Big Order, Arifureta, Ex-Arm, Tesla Note, Shuumatsu no Harem y Platinum End
nope les falle con esa, lo siento pero todos tenemos nuestros límites.
Así de jodido es mi gusto en anime, ¡Y estoy pinche orgulloso de ello!

May 19, 2018 9:22 AM
Jan 2009
Before saying Ikuno/Ichigo is canon for the anime, remember it has to be shown that Ichigo would feel the same way. While we can conclude that Ikuno appears to bisexual or lesbian, Ichigo's love for Ikuno may be only of the friendship/sisterly-type. To be honest, the close friendships of some anime characters of the same sex does blur between friendship/sibling and romance.
May 19, 2018 9:28 AM
May 2015
Yep knew this peace wasnt going to last. I think people need to understand this is character driven mecha second
May 19, 2018 9:29 AM

Apr 2008
Kadmos said:
GundamSoul said:
I love where the series is heading. The true enemy is known. To Hiro and the others I say kill them all.

When you say this, do you mean for Hiro and the others to kill the enemy or for Hiro and the others to be killed? I know you might mean the former, but that's unclear to me.

Kill the enemy very much.
May 19, 2018 9:33 AM
Luny Tunes

Feb 2012
I thought that wedding was going to turn happy and all but it was savagely interrupted. And to make matters worse, Mitsuru's and Kokoro's memories have been altered. Damn!

And how I wish the arrogant Nine's would get beaten up with what they truly deserved. >_> I'd be happy if Zero Two successfully landed a punch or a kick to the face of at least one of those jerks.
May 19, 2018 9:33 AM

May 2018
The ending wasn't that unsuprising, but damn... things will escalate quickly now.

And idk why they should set up enemies etc. more, if it's already there, although splitted between different episodes. I bet the "lead up to revolution path" was finished today and the next episodes will be packed a lot.
May 19, 2018 9:38 AM

Nov 2012
Damn Whore-koro didn't die in this episode.

Heres to hoping for next week.
NaxrrhidMay 19, 2018 2:54 PM
May 19, 2018 9:39 AM
Oct 2015
Emtwo said:
Wow, thats some huge character development for "bitchigo", she grew up.

Still can't get over after episode 14 eh
May 19, 2018 9:41 AM
Mar 2018
wtf with this Kung Fu fights? Jesus, srsly? Show is kind of lost its momentum because of these SoL episodes.
SNDTMay 19, 2018 9:45 AM
May 19, 2018 9:42 AM

Apr 2018
From Happiness

To despair

May 19, 2018 9:43 AM

Mar 2014
Cool episode. I like Ikuno so I enjoyed the emotional scene with Ichigo. I felt sad for her :(

Futoshi's life is a living hell lol. The wedding was ruined and now they don't even remember each other. Can't say I didn't expect it, it is interesting and enjoyable to see the plot unravel nonetheless.
May 19, 2018 9:45 AM
Jan 2014
spideypeter000 said:
MonkeyDJasper said:
This show has about a handful of episode left shouldn’t they be using this time to set up the villain 001 and the finale or focus on background characters that they didn’t care about until a few episodes ago ?

Actually APE and papa are the main antagonists of the show. This had been obvious from episode 1.
May 19, 2018 9:46 AM
Apr 2017
wow, papa guy really affirm that the parasite only live as a tool to fight, no more no less
May 19, 2018 9:46 AM

Jun 2014
They were so close, and now their memories have been altered and they don't even remember each other.

I'm really interested in that dream Zero Two had. That was probably foreshadowing something that'll happen in the coming episodes.

Also, looks like that yuri tease in the ED got some of the spotlight in this episode.

thebrentinator24May 19, 2018 9:55 AM
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

May 19, 2018 9:48 AM

Jan 2009
they got brainwashed

i wonder if Nana will be brainwashed too

this episode have lower animation quality than the usual and hoping that the remaining episodes will focus on the main plot already
May 19, 2018 9:50 AM

Dec 2014
Brutal episode.

The Ikuno stuff was a long time coming to be honest, that said, I wouldn't mind the yuri. XD

Everything seemed to be going nicely with the wedding, Kokoro looked really pretty in the wedding dress they made just out of sheets.
Can someone please record all these sweet lines Hayami Saori says and compile them into one video? XD

The 9's really do suck :|

From that little scene we got it does look like the goal of Papa and co is basically some version of the Human Instrumentality Project?

They forgot each other's existence? Once again, this is just brutal. :|
May 19, 2018 9:50 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
So the squad is finally leaving their home to join the others. A wedding for Kokoro and Mitsuru was a great idea and a sweet one to. Its nice seeing the squad work together to make their wedding memorable. Ikuno really dropped a bombshell with her confession though. The photo was a nice touch. The wedding though really was well done and was so sweet. Their new home seems more like a prison than a home. So Kokoro and Mitsuru's memories were altered to purge their feelings for each other how cruel. An excellent episode that was both sweet because of the wedding and shocking for Papa's heavy handed actions. Interested to see what will happen next since papa is proving to be as much a villain as the klax's.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 19, 2018 9:52 AM

Jun 2017
Wow...that was savage. I think they will remember eventually, especially when the baby will come lol.
I hope Nana and Hachi will ride a FranXX again to help the group. Nana seems to be on their side now since she regained her emotions and Hachi is starting to doubt the system as well.

Fuck the Nines. I hope Hiro will go berserk on their ass when his dino aids powers awaken fully.
May 19, 2018 9:53 AM

Apr 2018
Don't forget that Zero two and Hiro forgot eatch other existence , yet they were able to get their memories back... Kokoro and mitsuru have the rings , and kokoro saw sakura's , they might regain their memories pretty fast imo

May 19, 2018 9:54 AM
Sep 2016
Kadmos said:
Before saying Ikuno/Ichigo is canon for the anime, remember it has to be shown that Ichigo would feel the same way. While we can conclude that Ikuno appears to bisexual or lesbian, Ichigo's love for Ikuno may be only of the friendship/sisterly-type. To be honest, the close friendships of some anime characters of the same sex does blur between friendship/sibling and romance.

Look, Ikuno was friendzoned from Ichigo very clearly , it was obvious from the beginning that the couples are the mirror of the Franxx , it's since ichigo has Goro's hair clip that it's obvious they're endgame, at least if he does not die sooner

Jun 2015
Lmao Kokoro and Mitsuru's wedding got interrupted and had their memories altered so they don't remember each other, that is absolutely hilarious. So Ikuno has feelings for Ichigo...I don't care.

Feb 2014
Holy hell. What a great episode, it was so nice but also so depressing.

It’s time to rise up squad 13! It’s the dawn of the rebellion!

Apr 2012
Damn, this episode gives more questions than answers. Ikuno confessed to Ichigo? Yes, but she did not give an answer. Kokoro and Mitsuro married? Yes, but the Papa and the Nines intervened. I even do not want to talk about flashbacks. Eventually, this episode teases even more than a preview of the past.
May 19, 2018 9:56 AM

Jan 2018
Wedding was too good to be true maybe they will get their memory back like Hiro and Zero Two
There is a revolution coming up
Mr chubby hand is here again
May 19, 2018 9:57 AM

Nov 2009
They are going to go the guilt route to kill Zero Two or Hiro will try to alter that fate.
May 19, 2018 9:57 AM

Apr 2014
Although its not shocking at all and the bar was really low they handled Ikuno's plight with a tiny bit more grace than I thought they would Bravo.

Everything else...couldn't care less about.
Trentor11 said:
Yep knew this peace wasnt going to last. I think people need to understand this is character driven mecha second

We get that but If the characters aren't that interesting in the first place then that's a HUGE problem for a "character driven" show.

Question: They showed a flashback with Nana being a parasite and her robot & partner were both destroyed in a past battle, but seeing as how the show established that the women take most of the damage when the robot is damage, wouldn't Nana have died as well ? Or at the very least be critically injured herself?
MiiyoSonMay 19, 2018 10:03 AM
Pages (9) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 20, 2018

597 by akiramado19 »»
Yesterday, 9:34 PM

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 6, 2018

328 by Aazoka »»
Apr 6, 10:56 AM

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 13, 2018

565 by otakuanity »»
Mar 29, 12:11 AM

» How do we feel about this one years later? ( 1 2 3 )

sorames - Jun 10, 2023

114 by sunatsf »»
Mar 26, 7:50 PM

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 7, 2018

638 by SibunaC »»
Mar 4, 2:25 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.