Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Sep 6, 2017 1:26 PM

Jul 2015
The series improved a little but the whole Tarzan show was weird.

3/5
Sep 6, 2017 1:45 PM

Apr 2015
This arc might be interesting, but I don't know cuz last 3 episode sucks.

Kouenji is really weird, I don't get him.

4/5

Sep 6, 2017 1:46 PM

Dec 2015
A lot of Build-up this time, let's hope things start moving next episode.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Sep 6, 2017 1:47 PM
Aug 2014
Class D is too soft. Hopefully they at least restrict that class C student's movement.
Sep 6, 2017 1:59 PM
Mar 2016
WTF, on the 1st day of being in a deserted Island, they discuss about toilet matters for the girls? It's a jungle for crying out loud they can go any where, and it won't be considered polluting the environment.........

Poor Ibuki, it looks like she's a victim of Ryuuen's domestic abuse..... and still, she manages to be a bitch towards the D Class, and as for Koenji, looks like he hates sleeping in the jungle and feigns illness when he was able to swim that far back to the ship, either he's an asshole or is working with any of the other classes. Cu'z by the looks of it he's sooo filthy rich that his folks can buy him a slot from A to C.
Sep 6, 2017 2:00 PM

Mar 2016
That blond fuckboi. Can he just actually get beat up already?
Sep 6, 2017 2:01 PM

Jun 2014
This was a good episode also did no one catch Kushida plotting to ruin Horikita?

She purposefully voted Horikita as leader, so if things go south they'll blame the leader.

The Chad of Class D, does not care about anyone he basically spent the day having fun. He probably lapped the whole island twice and went back to the ship, this was like going to the gym for him and now he's going home.

The Class C girl is 100% going to screw Class D over, the whole scene with her getting beaten up seemed staged, why did she just so happen to get beat up when Horikita was present? Another clue is the bit where Ayanakoji grabs the guy shoulder with his eyes not being visible, he KNEW IT WAS A TRAP but decided to go along with it. Mark my words this will bite Class D in the ass.

Also the glasses guy who's getting a lot more screentime is good, from the spoilers I've seen he becomes one of the new friends within the MC's circle. I hope to see a lot of him and I'm happy to know the MC doesn't stick with the 3 idiots.

5/5 episode for me.
-Oppai-Sep 6, 2017 2:05 PM
Sep 6, 2017 2:03 PM
Jul 2016
This episode for Classroom of the Elites was just another episode of absolutely nothing. I don't know why I even expect anything at this point from this show sadly.

For starters like many others have shared previously, the fact that Horikita was chosen leader just makes absolutely no fucking sense to me whatsoever. Kushida being a bitch? sure that would be plausible, but for a school set around making elites for the future of Japan the other classes are just as much of an idiot as Class D is.

For starters, the scene with Class A's bald guy, I don't know his name, your pal is being a dumbass ranting about how your setting your class up, also why do you proceed to explain and talk more about the subject matter, after already saying that "its not a good idea to talk in areas like these." and then go over to the corner near Ayanokoji and check to see if anyone's listening. The thought process of these characters is absolutely fucking stupid and its very annoying.

The stupid shots of the love interests, and arguing over bathrooms, is absolutely fucking stupid and there is NO need for 3 minutes of those scenes. they took roughly at most 6 minutes of this show arguing over bathrooms and talking about who they're interested in, it has NOTHING to do with your survival on the island, the bathrooms decision is a simple quick decision that doesn't need to have as much screentime as it did.

also, of all people to make a problem in class D, why do you make it the blonde guy? isn't this show about struggles between classes? i can't and haven't been able to take this blonde guy seriously and it is sad that they waste my time just to give me a shot of him saying "ah, the moon is beautiful" half nakedly going onto a boat feeling absolutely fine lol.

Also, when is Ayanokoji going to be "serious" its quite annoying how much the anime teases the shit out of him and he still hasn't done really anything. The more I watch this show the more I realize that I'm wasting time every week, maybe i'm just nitpicking too much but the last 3 episodes have been some of the worst episodes of this show so far.
Sep 6, 2017 2:05 PM

Mar 2014
Once again, I feel like this survival test is quite far-fetched for a show that is established in a normal school setting. Cooperation and leadership skills are not... tested like that. I feel like this show is trying to incorporate many things at once but in doing so it fails to be realistic. The trial was disproportionate to the actual circumstances and was in a very serious tone, the capitalist system with the grades also caused huge drama for no reason, now this survival test which is like a Hunger Games fanfic. I feel like there's a simplistic narrative (a bunch of guys in a school) and the author is trying to do many things that don't exactly fit to it.

Anyway, disregarding all of this it was an enjoyable and interesting episode, building up for whatever's next.
DanaeSep 6, 2017 2:13 PM
Sep 6, 2017 2:19 PM
Sep 2009
9 episodes in, still zero MC development. Mkay.
Sep 6, 2017 2:39 PM

Apr 2013
Koenji... so that's why he's in the class of outcasts. He's the biggest d-bag in all of Japan.

Sep 6, 2017 2:46 PM

Dec 2014
I still don't know what the show is really going for, but to hell with it... I was entertained. We got freakin' Tarzan (hopefully his actions will become clear later) and some nice, consequential character interactions that don't just revolve around Horikita. Was really nice to see the sheer lack of "plot", as I hope the rest of the show can maintain this kind of tone.

First time in a while for this show that I really wanted the next episode.
I need sleep.
Sep 6, 2017 3:37 PM

May 2015
Oh my days, Koenji, you freakin' buffoon.

Sep 6, 2017 4:02 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Well that was way more interesting than anything the anime has showcased up until this point. Why couldn't the whole show about this instead?

The game reminded me a bit of something called General we used to play in PE class back in elementary and middle school, except with points instead of role cards. Really fun stuff, just curious what they'll do with it

For one, why not just put a tent right next to the bonus point switch and cut a small hole in its backside wall so that you can reenable it from the inside? That way you could have like 10 people go into the tent without any outside spy knowing who the leader was out of the group since they can't see into the tent. Way more reliable than just surrounding 1 or 2 people with body blocks. Oh and Ayanokouji should never refer to Horikita as "leader" even within their own camp in case someone is listening, unless multiple people do it to each other as bait. Speaking of which, that Class A encounter was a pretty blatant bait if I ever saw it, though considering that it's Class A there's a possibility that they made a reverse psychology bait and that that guy actually is the leader after all. I wouldn't discount the possibility at least

Either way there's a lot of fun strategies and mind games that can be employed in a setting like this on top of the actual survival aspect. Really looking forward to seeing how this arc plays out. Hopefully it won't disappoint
Sep 6, 2017 4:13 PM

Jun 2017
HaXXspetten said:
Well that was way more interesting than anything the anime has showcased up until this point. Why couldn't the whole show about this instead?

The game reminded me a bit of something called General we used to play in PE class back in elementary and middle school, except with points instead of role cards. Really fun stuff, just curious what they'll do with it

For one, why not just put a tent right next to the bonus point switch and cut a small hole in its backside wall so that you can reenable it from the inside? That way you could have like 10 people go into the tent without any outside spy knowing who the leader was out of the group since they can't see into the tent. Way more reliable than just surrounding 1 or 2 people with body blocks. Oh and Ayanokouji should never refer to Horikita as "leader" even within their own camp in case someone is listening, unless multiple people do it to each other as bait. Speaking of which, that Class A encounter was a pretty blatant bait if I ever saw it, though considering that it's Class A there's a possibility that they made a reverse psychology bait and that that guy actually is the leader after all. I wouldn't discount the possibility at least

Either way there's a lot of fun strategies and mind games that can be employed in a setting like this on top of the actual survival aspect. Really looking forward to seeing how this arc plays out. Hopefully it won't disappoint

They could pull a huge troll and make everyone call each other leader lol.
Sep 6, 2017 4:19 PM

Jan 2015
Koenji is so hilarious, such a great character. Amaziiiiing. Pretty much whole class cant keep up with the guy or keep him in check. He does whatever he wants and thats great.
Lots of interesting premises and buildups for potentially really amazing stuff to come. I liked Sakura Ayanokoji's moment. Not much Kushida this week but all good.
We got even Ike's development/screentime this episode.
I like how kind class D is to a class C student, Ayanokoji in general is pretty kind to everyone, even apologizing to Sakura for holding her

Also i wonder if the reason why we got Karuizawa Kei so much this episode is because of pissed off fans complaining how she got literally not scenes. Its all better for me, one of the best girls there much better than Horikita for sure, if you are a novel reader especially.
Sep 6, 2017 4:32 PM

Mar 2014
welcome to the inferior version of BTOOOM!
Sep 6, 2017 4:49 PM

Jan 2011
This shit is boring, everything from the character dialogue, the subject matter they quarrel about (even though logical toilet issues), blended in with typical anime tropes and tee-hee characteristics. They look like they're trying to be so serious but honestly I've felt greater build up in PBS Chanel 13 shows. Really don't care, knew this was bullshit by episode 3 but don't really like dropping stuff.
Sep 6, 2017 5:24 PM

Mar 2016
Damn some of these bois got sexist ideas.... smmhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!! 😔😔😤😤😤😠😒😒😒
UrbanJahtsSep 6, 2017 5:31 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 6, 2017 5:40 PM

Jun 2010
UrbanJahts said:
Damn some of these bois got sexist ideas...

Poe's law in full effect on this one.
Sep 6, 2017 7:03 PM

Sep 2015
Isn't ayanokuji is supposed to turn to be

Light novel readers... spoil me
Sep 6, 2017 7:39 PM

Apr 2011
Dammit Kouenji!

Good to know Ike is really useful to this even. It really helps.

Ara? Did Sakura liked being clamped down by Ayanokouji? I guess she won't really mind if he wants to do lewd things to her. fufu~

I may have a bad feeling about Ibuki, a student from class C in class D. Lets see what will happen next.
Sep 6, 2017 8:18 PM

Dec 2014
Koenji is quite the guy. xD

Sakura sure had her fun with Ayanakoji this episode. :3 :3
Nice to see class D banding together and take some collective initiative. Hope they make the most out of this test.

That ending with Koenji saying "Tsuki ga Kirei" was funny. xD
Sep 6, 2017 8:25 PM

Mar 2016
Just an ok episode with a lot of explanation on how the survival test will work and what not...I'm more interested to see what happens next episode
I shall rule over the realms of anime and manga! Mwahhahahahaha!!!
Sep 6, 2017 8:55 PM
Apr 2016
I bet it is a ruse. Koenji learnt some stuff, probably the identity of other two leader, scoring them extra 100 points after the end of the test.
Re:formed
Sep 6, 2017 8:58 PM
Apr 2016
Danae said:
Once again, I feel like this survival test is quite far-fetched for a show that is established in a normal school setting. Cooperation and leadership skills are not... tested like that. I feel like this show is trying to incorporate many things at once but in doing so it fails to be realistic. The trial was disproportionate to the actual circumstances and was in a very serious tone, the capitalist system with the grades also caused huge drama for no reason, now this survival test which is like a Hunger Games fanfic. I feel like there's a simplistic narrative (a bunch of guys in a school) and the author is trying to do many things that don't exactly fit to it.

Anyway, disregarding all of this it was an enjoyable and interesting episode, building up for whatever's next.

NORMAL SCHOOL SETTINGS?! This is borderline dystopia on an artificial island in Japan. Get real!
Re:formed
Sep 6, 2017 10:16 PM

Jun 2013
Lol wtf Koenji

This show, man...
Sep 6, 2017 10:27 PM

Nov 2016
I was glad that show is a bit back on track but that stupid guy Koenji ... his presence is stifling.

Episode 9 and I guess the show has nothing to do with the its genres lol!

Sakura is cute af.
Sep 6, 2017 10:29 PM
Oct 2007
Definitely getting very interesting again!

This week was something that I enjoyed a lot more than the last 2.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 7, 2017 12:18 AM

Apr 2011
L-Ryoshi said:
Wait a sec, so our beloved Tarzan Koenji just cost the class a full day's worth of meals then?
The way he looked didn't seem like he was ill or anything, so I wonder what's actually up with him. Doubt he's sick, and the way he navigates the forest seems too good an advantage to not use for his class.... so why the selfish move?

That said, I still don't trust the girl from C Class. She may be acting all aloof and stuff right now, but I wouldn't bet against her going Peter Bailesh on them once she figures out who the leader of D Class is. Keeping her here seems dangerous, but knowing Ayanokouji, he probably has some sort of measures to counter whatever C Class is planning.

Also, I don't trust the burly A Class dude is the leader, the way they were conversing made me think that the wimpy guy following him around that he was "managing" was the actual Leader for A Class.

Ofc he's selfish, he's narcissistic. Did you forget what he did in episode 1 ? lol
Sep 7, 2017 12:22 AM
Jan 2015
I like where this is going, looks like its going to be a very interesting story arc.
My Queens

Sep 7, 2017 12:31 AM
Jun 2011
Dolapo said:
As much as I love Horikita, I think choosing her as the leader was a wrong move and I can't help but think this is Kushida just being a lame bitch and suggesting her out of her spite for Horikita. How can they agree to that? She just declared war on the other classes. Talk about obvious.

Plus that Katsuragi guy, I don't think he's Class A's leader... it's most likely a bait.

And true, Sakura is cute and I like her but she kinda annoyed me a little in this episode. This is just me but I get you like Ayanokoji but don't just vote to go for a task you're not up for and slow down others in this situation.

Hirata is a good leader but he's also an obvious choice, they could have chosen Ike or Sudo or the glasses guy, Yukimura.

Ibuki from Class C, that may be a trap or not but that Class C guy, Ryuuen that was harassing Horikita would most likely use her.

As for Koenji, such a bitch, he basically just screwed them over when he could have been useful in a way with his Tarzan moves. He doesn't look ill at all

Speaking of being ill, I can't help but think Horikita isn't in the best condition since the last episode.
i actully think that Katsuragi guy is A class leader i mean he have everything it takes to be one. smart and good senses
Sep 7, 2017 12:33 AM

Jul 2017
is koenji spy from another class or he weirdo?
when ayanokouji gonna serious because threat from teacher?

this C vs D become complicated now
Sep 7, 2017 2:10 AM

Mar 2014
Daniel_Naumov said:
Danae said:

NORMAL SCHOOL SETTINGS?! This is borderline dystopia on an artificial island in Japan. Get real!

Dude, that's exactly what I am saying. What you describe, which is also what I said, bears no connection to the concept of the show presented in the first episode, i.e. a bunch of guys going to a prestigious school. The show is set in the real world, there's no indication of supernatural nor dystopian elements, thus my comments.
DanaeSep 7, 2017 2:15 AM
Sep 7, 2017 2:39 AM
Aug 2015
That blond tarzan is really weird x_x So is Horikita, she looked sick during this episode.. Again, a stupid conversations between the students about love interests and bathroom.. who cares about that? it's really cringey.. Ike surprisingly become a better character, and that girl from class c, i can't trust her. Maybe that delinquent from class c forced her to do that.

3/5
Sep 7, 2017 2:51 AM
Apr 2015
awesome that they are giving this arc the proper pacing to setup the story. This should last another 3 episodes.

Too many ppl in this thread apparently can't watch anything but shoot-them-up non-stop action shows. They should go ahead and drop this.
Sep 7, 2017 4:59 AM

Oct 2015
101 comments, just want to emphasis it more.

"We should appoint a leader that responsible and not much stand out", choose Horikita.

It should be said, "let's appoint a leader that's mainstream and other class will obviously know about it"

In the end of this arc I'll make a super mega facepalm, if all class D student get shocked that other class know Horikita is the leader. LOL
Sep 7, 2017 8:48 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Interesting quote this time actually. So
a wholeweek surviving on the island is part of this test then.
This will be tough.Looks like there is a plan between class C
and elements of Class A here. Its also interesting to see that
even in A there are two factions at play. Though the basis is
of course survival they can still use the points if they want
to but it will be dear. 30k of points for the reward sure is a
incentive. So the key concept here is freedom of choice then.
Being outdoors and being around people is not Suzune's
forte then. Learning to be independant is also part of this
test as well it seems. Sharing one toilet between them all will
be hard though. Using logic to convice people was cool.
Figures that Airi would want to pair with Kiyotaka though.
So the spots on the island allow the gaining of bonus points.

The leader thing was also interesting as well. So the bold guy
is the leader for class A then. Airi's reaction after hiding for
so long and having Kiyotaka's hand on her mouth was kinda cute.
The tricky thing about spots is that only a leader can
take possession of it and that it needs to renewed as
too thus revealing the leader. Suzune as the leader
hmm she's certainly responsible enough. The spot that
they found sure was a nice spot though. Learning how
to delegate is also something that a leader should know
too. Airi only has eyes on Kiyotaka so i don't think
that guy has a chance. Ibuki got abundoned by her class then.
Its nice that Ike gets to show his stuff and in the process get
others to respect him. As long as the class stays united
they should be fine. But using their points wisely is the best
advice for them. So their first setback was Koenji deserting
them.
ShingsterSep 7, 2017 8:52 AM
Sep 7, 2017 10:09 AM

Feb 2009
Koenji smh.

Great epd.
Sep 7, 2017 10:39 AM

Aug 2017
Danae said:
Daniel_Naumov said:

Dude, that's exactly what I am saying. What you describe, which is also what I said, bears no connection to the concept of the show presented in the first episode, i.e. a bunch of guys going to a prestigious school. The show is set in the real world, there's no indication of supernatural nor dystopian elements, thus my comments.

I have same view with you.

I mean, don't they go to this school because they want to secure a spot on University and get a job, right?

It's like doing the same thing with every other students in Japan with extra steps. Pretentious step if I may say. I really think they could go with normal method and they will still have the same result.

DefyingMadness said:
This show hurts my brain more and more as we go on each each week with a new episode

Never been like this since I watch Big Order...
suzuya_mitsukoSep 7, 2017 10:42 AM
"I'm tired, Boss. Mostly I'm tired of people being ugly at each other."
- John Coffey, Green Miles
Sep 7, 2017 11:15 AM
Apr 2015
I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of the narrative wasn't true in this episode. Just because we watched a leader get picked doesn't mean some type of switch was made, we didn't actually see the kid in the boat also. I wouldn't be surprised if he ended up being useful and cunning. I doubt the forty year old bald guy is the leader of A also.
Sep 7, 2017 11:15 AM

Jan 2014
Well I guess this was way better than episodes 7 and 8. I can't complain much.

Three things cannot be long hidden..
...the s u n, the m oo n, and the tr u th.

Sep 7, 2017 11:38 AM

Mar 2013
Lol wtf Koenji XD
That guy is dangerous. A hopeless maniac XD

Horikita being the leader is predictable tbh. It should've been that glasses guy who was opposing the idea of personal toilet for girls.

I wonder if it was a good idea to let Ibuki in their team. I mean, it could've been class C's ploy as far as we know. If left alone, she would've gone to the boat and Class C would've lost their points. Considering that, it seems unlikely they'd want that to happen.
Sep 7, 2017 12:09 PM

Jul 2014
Ughh, stupid Koenji >:( other than that crazy Tarzan though, I actually really enjoyed this episode! We got to see the strengths of some characters in a different setting, like Ike and Yukimura. Hope we get to see more of each character's skills and strengths! If only this anime were longer, I'm gonna miss it T^T
Sep 7, 2017 2:19 PM
Sep 2017
Some people was expecting a scene with Ayanokoji and Horikita in this episode... Maybe the next episode will be more interesting...

But the 'Tarzan' doesn't look ill and Suzune does... Defo the monkey isn't.

Kushida is turning out to be a b*tch ever slowly. But her character is so intriguing.

Sigh.
Sep 7, 2017 4:34 PM
Jul 2015
Sebastian333 said:

For those who are interested, the anime is following very slow the light novel.
Atm we are on 2 vol (6 vol total), if the anime ends with 12 episode. Then it will finish with the end of 2nd vol.
In this arc Ayanokoji is the most badass out of all six vol. The ending is epic.

Thanks for the information ! I really want to pick it up especially since nothing's better than the original source material. PLUS I'M DYING TO KNOW what ayanokoji does this time! ON EDGE
Sep 7, 2017 4:36 PM
Jul 2015
Sebastian333 said:

For those who are interested, the anime is following very slow the light novel.
Atm we are on 2 vol (6 vol total), if the anime ends with 12 episode. Then it will finish with the end of 2nd vol.
In this arc Ayanokoji is the most badass out of all six vol. The ending is epic.

Thanks for the information ! I really want to pick it up especially since nothing's better than the original source material. PLUS I'M DYING to know what ayanokoji does this time! He's such an interesting one and I appreciate how his character/personality does not waiver. I'm ON EDGE
Sep 7, 2017 5:19 PM

Jun 2014
This anime is getting worst and worst every episode.

It's so slow to the point as if i'm watching a slice of life anime. Nothing serious has happened except near the last second of every episode.
Sep 7, 2017 5:21 PM
Mar 2014
Once again inconsistencies from changing characters roles caused all this complaint of picking Horikita being too obvious. Please remember:

1. It was Ichinose who fooled C class student during Sudo case and not Horikita.

2. War declaration in the pool episode never happened in the original source.

Horikita is not yet well known to other people from other classes at this point. Hirata and Karuizawa is often seen as the leader of the D class instead.
Sep 7, 2017 7:19 PM
Jan 2017
HollowIchigo58 said:
Where's The Predator when you need him and take out everyone, except mostly the ones in D Class, Kushida can get skined alive for all care.

now that would be a twist.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e (TV) Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 27, 2017

529 by Archean-Return »»
Today, 5:51 AM

Poll: » Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e (TV) Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 30, 2017

236 by Archean-Return »»
Today, 3:16 AM

Poll: » Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e (TV) Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 23, 2017

336 by Archean-Return »»
Today, 2:19 AM

Poll: » Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e (TV) Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 16, 2017

292 by Archean-Return »»
Today, 1:30 AM

Poll: » Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e (TV) Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 26, 2017

358 by Archean-Return »»
Yesterday, 11:15 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.