Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
May 5, 2017 2:23 AM

Mar 2016
TBH they should've just helped the girl figure out how to get outside of the marble?? do they really think they're doing a public deed by erasing the memory of ppl's mistakes??

for one, i don't trust tsushima, he's using those kid's abilities to his advantage and dressing it up as a "public service". this is all gonna backfire so soon and i can't wait to see how it all unravels.
May 5, 2017 5:26 AM

Jan 2015
As boring of an episode as ever at least i finished it in one sitting i still looked to me like a 2 hour episode. Hope next arc will be better about witches huh.
I really wonder why this anime in particular has an extra minute in the episode? 26 minute episode damn. I wish Tsuki ga Kirei got that extra minute :)
May 5, 2017 11:05 AM

Nov 2011
So was there a point to this episode? or just more of the MC helping people and preventing things from happening...if we keep getting this for 20 more episodes I can see the score getting lower.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

May 5, 2017 11:26 AM

Jan 2015
It was a great episode

And, what???? That pv. Why there was glasses girl again? I mean, I get this was a flashback, but why has she now involved in another case?
May 5, 2017 3:05 PM

Jan 2017
great episode, as ever.
I´m missing the taynis "time table", It helps me to percieve other details in each episode!
May 5, 2017 3:49 PM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Hmm so the second semester of the term has arrived eh
Hmm so the girl from last time is enters a new class eh.
Hmm so Kei and Haruki are being put into a club eh.
Hmm so with new semester both are now in high school then
I guess being in the service club has its benefits in that they are able to find out more about the special abilities that are in the area.
Lol everything Kei says is sarcastic to a degree.
Hmm so Sera ending up fainting before she had the chance to attend the ceramony. And right next to her was the marble she found. And in that was the student. So Sera is trapped within the marble eh. Interesting.
Hmm so anything that they do using their abilities count as club activities and plus anything that they purchased can be deducted from the club budget as well lol. Sera has quite the interesting ability though in that she can enter the reflective area of a reflective surface. Hmm since she doesn't realize that she's using her ability i would think that there's something in her psych that's causing it. True abilities here can't be used unless the user wishes to use it. Finding the reason why she used it will be a good first step. An interview with someone thats stuck in a marble lol that has to be the most unique interview yet. Lol Sera wanted to skip the ceremony. I guess for students that are dedicated to the school playing hooky is just something that they can't do.

Being in a marble must be a interesting experience though. One aspect of Kei that i like is that he would try to understand everything about an incident before he takes action. Like finding out what Sera was doing before and her reasons and personality with regards to her powers. Lol the teacher isn't being honest with himself eh lol. Well Haruki and Kei's job is a bit unusual i guess. Its funny that Sera ended up giving Haruki advice when trapped in the marble. Though its funny seeing haruki try to learn about different speech manners though. Actually i think Sera is a better teacher than Kei is lol. Hmm glad that Sera managed to correct Haruki's manner of speech though. Without knowing them it will be hard for an outsider like Sera to understand why Haruki relies on Kei that much. Sera must really like pure things though. The words that her homeroom teacher said back then really had an impact on her. Guess thats why she values school that much. I suppose endeavoring to be present every day and not getting a good reward for that can be disheartening at times. For Sera i guess missing school for even a hour will make her feel guilty. Since she wanted to live her life free i wonder was that why she ended up in the marble. She will be free to go anywhere but see everything squished. A class monitor or class rep is always a bit of a mix blessing really. Though you have the important role of keeping the class running smoothly your fellow students won't like you for it. Sticking to things that are pure really made Sera's life suffer eh. But despite that it seems that people also admire her for being responsible.

But its funny that Sera tried to break her rule bound image though. Hmm so Sera's trigger here was that she wanted to break the rules and yet still be at the ceremony. Ultimately Sera merely wanted to change her personality a little i guess so that she retains the pureness but be different. The reset ability this time was handy and wasn't used that much which was a good thing. While rules are important in life learning to be flexible enough while also obeying them is the lesson that she needs to learn. Im glad that in the end Sera did managed to change by eating her lollipop and thus breaking the rule. But as it turns out its not against the rules to eat outside of class lol. Still im glad that Sera still retains the pureness that she values so highly.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 5, 2017 6:33 PM

Mar 2016
Another one saved :)... some people say this anime is boring but think it's just chill.

I'm waiting for development in the relationship of Kei and Misora ... I feel like something is gonna happen between them maybe romantically maybe theyll hate each other ... but something is going to happen. I can feel it.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 6, 2017 4:04 AM
Apr 2017
such a pure girl. how can this anime make so much drama just for breaking a school rule. nice episode, btw.

it's calm before the storm. looking forward to the next episode. a ability that copies another ability is to be awaited!
May 6, 2017 12:27 PM

Jul 2009
Seems like it will be 24 episodes of this, and know what? It's boring...so it's dropped, I like Haruki but seems like this won't be worth my time.
May 6, 2017 6:43 PM

Jun 2015
Okay, the last two episodes I liekd but this one, not as much. There's still 20 episodes left though, so it can improve a hell lot in that time. Next episode's preview looked interesting at least.
May 7, 2017 6:21 PM

Feb 2009
First episode without a major infodump but it also felt "filler-y" lol. But I really am starting to warm up to the characters now

May 7, 2017 7:39 PM

Sep 2011
bittersweetlove said:
Seems like it will be 24 episodes of this, and know what? It's boring...so it's dropped, I like Haruki but seems like this won't be worth my time.
apparently the next episode is where the show actually gets good so you might want to give it one more week, from what I'm hearing this director is doing some retarded things, apparently the first 2 episodes were not meant to be the start of the story and were only shown after being alluded to in present stories, and this episode I keep hearing is actually filler from way late in the novel that didnt need to be adapted.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

May 8, 2017 10:57 PM

Mar 2016
Nice little break from the main story with a pretty good side story! I like the detective feel that Kei and Misora give off working for the service club! I thought it was a really well-crafted episode that unraveled in a way that wasn't blatantly obvious (which is a nice change of pace from many other anime that just follow predictable patterns) Overall I really liked this episode and I can't wait to see what happens next
I shall rule over the realms of anime and manga! Mwahhahahahaha!!!
May 14, 2017 11:15 AM

Oct 2008
okay...so being pure has it's own disadvantages...
3/5.

Jun 7, 2017 1:54 PM

Jun 2013
Not a great episode or case, but it was aright.
Jul 2, 2017 2:01 AM
Mar 2012
aw your purity... case made sense, Kei's thoroughness & care is incredible, but her life outlook was hilarious. My jp not good enough to tell how Haruki casual tone changes, or she still mostly monotonic.
And technically yes up side down. It's not mirror image, since the "candy" word inside the marble world is correctly readable, so more like a pinhole projection.
Oct 18, 2017 10:28 AM

Jan 2014
so they're flash back to when they join the club huh...
it made me confused
Oct 26, 2017 12:50 AM

Jun 2011
Reminded me of Hamatora ep3, when the ED played in the background at the end of the episode, very feelsy. Loved it. Kei didn't solve her problem, that's probably why the present day of Yoka transferring to her class is relevant.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Dec 18, 2017 1:51 PM

May 2012
Quite a lovely episode I must say, really like where this is going per episode!
Jan 10, 2018 10:19 PM

Jun 2009
Yeah, I didn't like this episode at all. The whole purity angle fell flat for me, because it was too extreme in this case. Too innocent and thus not all that easy to relate to.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Oct 9, 2018 7:38 AM
Sep 2015
Ahhh I gotta love it when anime shows pretend to be deep.

The conflict was stupid and the resolve was even more confusing!

"You shouldn't eat lollipops, it's against the school rules! You shouldn't obey the rules! Jk you can actually eat outside of the class, it's not against the rules! Always obey the rules!"

I was like "HUH WHAT WAS THAT?"
Are you guys seriously understanding this show or are you trolling?

Maybe I'm just retarded?
Aug 7, 2019 5:05 AM

Aug 2017
Wow, this episode really boring. Judging from the title with no continuation I assume this is a filler on the grand scheme of the story.

I get that not everything should be mind blowing (especially if it just a filler) but this story is too lame and pretentious to be animated.

2/5 Because I managed to reach the end of the episode.
"I'm tired, Boss. Mostly I'm tired of people being ugly at each other."
- John Coffey, Green Miles
Sep 26, 2019 9:32 PM

May 2017
well like every other ep , a problem , a solution , a link , i guess the link part will be latter, since she got to take care of that other new girl

The girl , i think she remember, not in picture, but more feeling , one day it will explode, 3 days later it would be to late and MC will have to save her in 3 days, dead girl will help
Loli world is just a cute world full of cute meat

May 30, 2021 5:25 AM

Nov 2018
While just like many other people around here, I didn't really grasp the utility of this episode as compared to the main story, I found three possible reasons why it would bring some value in the end:
1) A means of helping the viewers to familiarize better with the characters, their mission and motives;
2) The introduction of a new character that may play an important role later in the series; Sera does appear in the opening after all;
3) It wouldn't be impossible that what happened in this episode may have some connection with what will happen later on; it may be an episode that contains a clue for the development of the story in the following episodes.

I can't know if some or any of my assumptions are correct, since the anime feels pretty cryptic to me as of now 😅, but we will see 🙂.

There are some other observations that caught my attention:
1) A resemblance between Haruki and Sera. I do recall that in the first episode (I think) Sumire mentioned that Haruki had a pure mind, which she thought Kei would have liked. It is also obvious that, just as Sera, Haruki too has a strong respect for the rules, though I would say rather for fairness than rules. Sera's obsession for the rules, as being part of what's pure, makes her fall roughly in the same description. However, I must admit I felt a little bothered by Sera's fixation. It seemed too exaggerated for me to integrate it.

2) It is the first time when I felt Kei cared for another person! To be honest, in the previous episodes I didn't feel he cared about Murase, or Mari. It seemed to me that he rather wanted to bring order in the world than being empathetic with the people that suffered. In this episode I did feel he cared about Sera's condition and I was positively impressed with his delicate approach as he endeavored not only to bring her back from the marble, but also to help her get over her own personal conundrums.

3) Kei's way of reasoning and his interest in mysteries makes me compare him to Light from Death Note, during those periods when he was not influenced by the death notebook. Also, Kei and Haruki's collaboration to solve mysteries reminds me at a certain level of Ayumu and Hiyono's collaboration from Spiral.

4) There is a revelation that struck me about Haruki, but only after watching this episode. I think she is so brave! To think that she completely entrusted her decision about resetting to Kei, feels kind of unsettling. No person is without flaw in their decision! Decisions taken with the participation of more people are usually better than those based on only one person's opinion. It's true that Kei managed to prove himself worthy of that trust according to Haruki's standards. Yet, it seemed to me Haruki's decision to put her whole trust in him was kind of rushed! It's like making a bet! You see something that presents high potential, but you can't know for sure. So, based on your intuition, you choose to bet on it. That's how I see Haruki's trust. For a person that is presented not to feel too much, that's a brave decision because she's taking a strong risk to be disappointed badly at some point. Or maybe it is exactly because she doesn't feel much that she could take the decision. Anyway, I still admire her for doing it, and I look forward to see how things will develop going forward!
KonokoAsadaMay 30, 2021 9:52 AM
"The me today will not ever make the future me to regret!"
(Emily Adachi from Air Gear: Kuro no Hane to Nemuri no Mori - Break on the Sky)

May 2, 2022 3:46 PM

Jan 2020
I guess this is the start of a non-linear format though, seeing as we backed up from Murase and showed a random event leading up to her. I feel like eventually this will be all over the place and it'll just get harder and harder to follow. I might have to plan to not binge this.

In regards to Marble Girl, it would be rather annoying if you had this person following you around telling you every time you "broke a rule." I'm not sure that simply resetting and keeping her out of the marble was even the right action. To a degree, people need to be able to make some mistakes to grow. Hopefully she doesn't end up further ostracized by her peers by remaining a stickler.

"...Is your mother worried? Would you like us to assign someone to worry your mother?"

Aug 10, 2022 9:26 PM
Feb 2022
just when the show seemed to be getting better im now bored to death again
Nov 20, 2022 1:25 PM

Mar 2019
Felt more like a side story that happened to be in the past but maybe its purpose was to introduce Sawako for a later episode?

The story itself wasn't anything important, but it felt weirdly relaxing to watch. Kei showing up at the end was kind of funny though.

Looks like next episode introduces the last girl from the opening.
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Mar 22, 10:20 PM

Dec 2018
That was really sweet. I hope she stays good and pure. She wanted to rebel but inside it tore her up.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sakurada Reset Episode 15 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 12, 2017

44 by Rob7 »»
Mar 28, 2:58 PM

Poll: » Sakurada Reset Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 7, 2017

63 by Rob7 »»
Mar 27, 9:39 PM

Poll: » Sakurada Reset Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 24, 2017

59 by StateofOhayo »»
Mar 26, 1:30 AM

Poll: » Sakurada Reset Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 13, 2017

116 by Bortolo63 »»
Nov 28, 2023 2:49 PM

Poll: » Sakurada Reset Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 16, 2017

57 by Ectonuryt »»
Aug 4, 2023 3:23 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.