Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jul 30, 2016 1:07 PM

Aug 2007
I loved it! I'm really into these slow and more silent type of shounen ai, I really hope Seven Days gets an adaptation like this someday.
The only complaint I have is, I really want more. I could've easily watched for another hour or two, the end really left me hanging in thin air. I want to see how they deal with going to different universities and being in a long distance relationship. Oh! And I totally want to see their graduation, their relationship is like an open secret anyway, I'd love to see what their classmates have in store for them to see them off. Overall, everyone seemed to be pretty cool with it.
Aug 1, 2016 3:51 AM

May 2014
The animation was so pretty! I loved this! Kamiya Hiroshi did amazing!

Finally we have a romance that focuses on the actual relationship between the two,rather than throwing a last minute hook up.
And I appreciate the lack of love triangle.(I will ignore the teacher moment)

I heard the manga has a sequel so another movie would be nice.
Aug 8, 2016 9:02 PM

Jan 2014
Ah, the joys of a relationship... Been through all of that and then some. This was a great movie though considering not a lot of shounen-ai genres get adaptions like this. I'm definitely going to start reading the manga now.
Aug 12, 2016 4:44 PM

Aug 2009
That was so fucking cute, but IM SO JEALOUS AND SAD. I WISH I WAS THAT IN LOVE Q-Q

opposites attract so beautifully, and that animation was damn beautiful
ImNotLulexiaaAug 12, 2016 11:44 PM
Aug 20, 2016 2:32 AM

Jul 2012
9/10

Watched this with two other fujo friends tonight. We all loved it.

Simple but beautiful. I'm surprised they did this under an hour, wow. I've read the Manga two times before watching this and I was still caught by surprise. The music is gorgeous, watercolours too. Romantic scenes were so adorable.

This is the type of stuff I'd recommend to a straight guy or non-fujoshi. It's that good.

I will definitely rewatch this in the future.

Quetzaly said:
I want more, the ending was too open.
Manga! The entire manga series is complete and finished scanlating (in English). Doukyuusei -> Sotsugyousei -> O.B.
Aug 20, 2016 3:21 AM

Jul 2012
oscarleovn said:
I need a link to watch this :c someone ?
do you still need it fam
Sep 2, 2016 3:26 AM

Sep 2013
i'm so, so proud of how a-1 portrayed the manga. everything was gosh darn perfect oh man i could really go on forever. it was a really nice touch that they added a few aspects that did not appear in the manga to make the story flow a whole lot better too. aHHHHHHHHHHH I'M JUST SO PROUD I'M SPEECHLESSS
Sep 10, 2016 1:16 PM
Aug 2016
This is the first BL anime I saw that felt like it could be real. I wish more anime in the BL genre felt this authentic. This was a portrayal of a realistic young gay couple and not just something for girls to fawn over or fap to.
Sep 23, 2016 1:13 AM

Feb 2010
It was adorable. My heart.now I'm sad it's over. I need more!
FOLLOW MY SOCIAL MEDIA IF YOU LIKE COSPLAY ADN ANIME RELATED VIDEOS!
https://www.youtube.com/user/LadyMeilin
https://www.facebook.com/Ladymeilin
Sep 29, 2016 2:52 PM

Jan 2013
Just a really good movie with a bitter-sweet story. Definietly my cup of tea. <3
I'm crying alone in my room late at night listening to the song from credits right now.
9/10

"Please stop talking about math when I'm eating."
Oct 8, 2016 7:21 AM

Oct 2009
Beautiful and adorable. I wish there was more non sexualised gay stuff out there, also with gay girls.
Oct 16, 2016 9:23 AM

Jun 2007
That was great i'm so glad i watched this. lately i'm hesitant to watch bl/yaoi because i'm afraid it's gonna be the same old shite
i don't remember when was last time i was that pleased.

MaahHeim said:

And, as a Chihayafuru fan, I almost cried when they were reciting Tenchi Tenno's poem (1st of the Hyakunin Isshu) ;; IT WAS SO ROMANTIC AAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

Same :D
see you, space cowperson . . .
Dec 8, 2016 5:53 AM
Sep 2015
Its so light hearted and sweet romance... The way their relationship develop and how they solve all the problems they had is soo cute and sweet.

As a Fujoshi myself, this is a really cute shounen ai. The scene in the sandbox and classroom is so hot and sweet!!! Can't take my eyes of from the beginning till the end

The ending is just so sweet, somehow just this one episode is not enough, I somehow want more of this kind of sweetness, and gayness and cuteness. Love it!
Dec 28, 2016 6:50 PM

Oct 2013
Wel.. well, to think I was about to see which is now my favorite movie sure came as a surprise. Props to A1 pictures for doing such a good job in making this beautiful romance movie, let's hope they continue the adaptation.

Mar 15, 2017 6:07 AM

May 2012
Wow, this is surprisingly a good movie and what made it even better is Kamiya, Hiroshi's voice acting! I might have missed his voice so much but his voice acting here is really superb. His voice and Kusakabe's character really matched!

I love the cute animation too. It's kinda light to watch and fluffy. Ahem, need to re watch again. Hehehe.
Mar 19, 2017 12:24 PM

Jun 2011
Whoa, seriously, this is in the top 100? I knew there were people who liked this a lot but wouldn't have guessed it's this well liked.

I personally didn't like it, the way they came together felt kinda.. easy? It's like, they hang out together a lot, then, uhm.. they skipped the friendship step and went straight to "I love you romantically even though you're a guy, and I am a guy" and worst of it all, blackie also like blondie, surprise surprise. The drama after they got together was annoying, I've liked my fair share of drama about insecurity, but not like this. The blond is also very selfish in the relationship. I am also unsure as to what significance could there be in the scene that involved the teacher seducing the blackie student, because I am pretty sure it's just there to create rift in their relationship.

I was really looking forward to this movie, ended up being really disappointed. The basis of their relationship felt so shallow, and it remained so even after the movie ended.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Mar 19, 2017 7:04 PM
Anime Moderator
Grammar Queen

Jun 2008
ToG25thBaam said:
I would definitely recommend you read the manga and its sequels/side stories. The whole "teacher seducing the blackie student" makes so much more sense when you read the manga. Also, reading what happens to the characters (and side characters) in the future is very fulfilling.
p r o f i l e 👀
Mar 19, 2017 9:25 PM

Jun 2011
Naruleach said:
I would definitely recommend you read the manga and its sequels/side stories. The whole "teacher seducing the blackie student" makes so much more sense when you read the manga. Also, reading what happens to the characters (and side characters) in the future is very fulfilling.
Alright, will do. Thanks for the heads up. Hopefully the main relationship is more explored and developed (less rushed) in the manga.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
May 17, 2017 12:48 PM

May 2017
That was great, enjoying it!! really love the mood and the atmosphere in this movie, plus both of them cute as couple.
May 26, 2017 11:45 AM

Jul 2013
kennikitty said:
I loved it! I'm really into these slow and more silent type of shounen ai, I really hope Seven Days gets an adaptation like this someday.
The only complaint I have is, I really want more. I could've easily watched for another hour or two, the end really left me hanging in thin air. I want to see how they deal with going to different universities and being in a long distance relationship. Oh! And I totally want to see their graduation, their relationship is like an open secret anyway, I'd love to see what their classmates have in store for them to see them off. Overall, everyone seemed to be pretty cool with it.

Same! I want a Seven Days adaption too!
Jun 5, 2017 12:24 AM

Dec 2015
I died at "darling" hahah

That was very good, I liked the art direction they took with the movie, it felt unique and different.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Jun 27, 2017 2:49 AM

May 2016
I have to admit that I found their pairing to be cute despite being a dude myself... Their romance was funny, heartwarming and relatable~

It's the first time I've seen a BL anime that has kissing scenes to that extent but it wasn't bad at all. Good watch!

Jul 3, 2017 9:01 AM

Jan 2010
Why didn't I find this anime sooner!

It's my first shounen-ai anime and it had me squealing a few times. Because it's my first time, I don't really have anything to compare it to. And I'm not a fan of one-shot movies also.

It's not my cup of tea, this kind of genre (not the shounen-ai part because I'm a fujoshi). This romance, drama genre is not really my preference. And usually I like my boys manly, the characters in this are too shoujo, all feelings and err... girly. The development is very fast (l prefer slow burn romance) but it's probably because it's not the main focus of the story and because it's a short story.

But this anime is really beautiful and the characters are highly likeable. Some moments are really cute especially the one in the sandbox, the embrace, Sajou squirming and accidentally let out a gasp and moan. Ohhh I like it!

Overall a good watch! I hope more gay main characters in more quality anime!
CrimsonMidnightJul 3, 2017 9:05 AM
Jul 16, 2017 1:06 AM

Jun 2016
Re-watching this movie for the NTH TIME is one of my greatest decisions. I will never get tired of this movie. Ugh. It's just so gooood and adorable. :3

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Aug 7, 2017 1:40 PM

May 2009
v sweet and feel good movie. the art was good and the movie was quite relaxing to watch
Aug 12, 2017 7:46 PM

Dec 2015
Wow. This really captures many facets of being young, gay, and in love. Phenom.
Aug 13, 2017 4:13 AM

Oct 2015
Everything was very good on this movie and their love was cute. I thought at first it was a one sided love coming from kusakabe, but I see Sajou loved him too judging by the way he broke down at the train station. I would watch the sequel to this movie.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Oct 12, 2017 10:53 AM

Jun 2013
My first yaoi anime! I'm very satisfied and kind of impressed, even. It's one thing that the relationship between Sajou and Kusakabe was cute, but it also felt natural. Never though I'd hear Kamiya Hiroshi's voice in yaoi anime, but he was a good choice for Kusakabe.

The movie even leaves a mark with its visuals. An exception to the rule with A-1 pictures projects. While it's not weird in any sense, the movie has a distinct visual style with a firm handle on color palette and visual flow. There are several fun bits of animation, too.

This movie isn't just good yaoi; I think it manages to stand out in the romance genre in general. I believe it deserves all the praise it gets.
Dec 13, 2017 10:01 PM
Dec 2017
Does anyone know if there will be a movie of Sotsugyousei?
I truly love this movie (and the manga of course) so I really hope there will be a sequel movie as well ^^!
Jan 22, 2018 1:09 AM

Apr 2017
I watched a precious movie today. Two cute guys fell in love with each other and couldn't help themselves to be a couple. It was a cute love story. Sometimes, it really happens in real life. There's a time that I fell in love with another man. Sadly, I didn't confess to him because I was afraid that time. There were many lessons in this movie. Everything was beautifully done.
Feb 26, 2018 4:44 PM

Aug 2007
This is so full of pure feelings. I love it. The intamacy is so unbearbly cute.

7/10

Mar 23, 2018 8:18 AM

Feb 2018
I am surprised how well rated and accepted this movie is, I thought the pacing was horrible, it seemed just like a bunch of non-related scenes thrown on top of one another for 80% of the time, and there was really very little development of anything.

I can admit i was really bored for the most part.

The setting was nice, and that was about it.
4/10
Nov 23, 2018 7:37 PM

May 2013
My gawddddd, I loved this so muchhhhhh aaaahhhhhh :')

The storyline, their hurdles, the animation, music, love scenes-- everythingggggg *O*

So cute cute cute <333333333 It was so passionate and made me feel all embarassed and tingly and kyaaaaaaa~~~

10/10. Beautiful :D I was so happy when Sajou initiated some kisses towards the end instead of Hikaru all the time lulz. Hikaru crying moments were adorbs, ugh >////< They're so sweet :} and supportive C:

I wonder why Hikaru gave his email to the fangirl tho. Maybe he didn't think it was a big deal cuz he didn't care, ahhah

I ship so hard -^___^-
Nov 25, 2018 9:09 PM

Jul 2014
I'm glad I picked this as the first boys love anime I ever watched. Even as straight guy, I found this movie to be absolutely beautiful. The couple's love for each other is portrayed in such a tasteful and innocent way without any creepy undertones that the genre is known for. They are honestly just as pure and sweet as any pair of innocent school girls found in yuri manga. I think this is the closest I will ever get to calling male non-trap anime characters cute.

The direction, soundtrack, and dialogue all fit perfectly with the generally wholesome atmosphere of the movie. The visuals are phenomenal as well with the gentle, soft, detailed art style working in conjunction with the subtle yet expressive character animations. Many times throughout the movie I found myself thinking "damn, this anime is fucking gorgeous" with its surprising number of instances where the fluidity of the animation spikes up even above its usual high.

My only gripe with this movie is that it ends very abruptly, as though the staff were expecting to adapt more of the story but were suddenly told to stop in the middle of it. Still, this is a great romance movie that is a must watch for any romance fan regardless of their sexual preferences. Its just that good.
Feb 12, 2019 8:15 AM
Jul 2018
Really cute and sweet. I liked it alot.
Mar 8, 2019 6:20 PM
Oct 2018
I really enjoyed the pace the relationship went at and the two together are really super adorable. I think my only gripe is I wasn't a fan of the animation at times, not enough to put me off but enough to stop total immersion at times.

Would give a 7/10, a very lovely use of my time :-)
Mar 23, 2019 11:42 AM
Mar 2018
Can anyone help me find the song that Hikaru and his band play at their performance? Thank you :)
Apr 11, 2019 9:24 PM

Sep 2018
The cringiest thing I ever watched! hahahaha super sweet and all, but still, it will be my first legit BL and probably the last. I will just watch sports anime if I like bromance :D
erenmeiiApr 12, 2019 10:23 PM
May 25, 2019 3:01 AM
May 2019
Such a cute anime oh my gosh. I doubt I will ever come across something so good again. :(
Jun 3, 2019 10:14 AM

Oct 2017
OMG so cuteee!!! AAAAAAA my heart feels so fluffy fluffy! The cutesstt movie (❁´◡`❁) also the animation is so beautiful! Ah I love love love it <3

I want you to be happy.
I want you to laugh a lot.
I don’t know what exactly
I’ll be able to do for you,
but I’ll always be by your side.
Oct 6, 2019 5:33 AM
Jul 2018
‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎ ‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎ ‎‎ ‎
Nov 18, 2019 12:44 PM
Jun 2015
This is the first BL I have watched, and I chose this only by seeing Kamiya-san in the cast. At first I was definitely scared to think how it might turn out, but oh boy they changed my perception to this. Really loved the story and of course the couple <3
Apr 12, 2020 5:22 AM
Nov 2015
This movie is fluffy, fun, entertaining, cute, well-made, etc etc.

But, I think I've watched enough shoujo to know that this movie fits the shoujo template perfectly, and that's the main problem.

If this movie is the perfect representation of the BL genre of anime & manga then in my humble opinion, people should at least rethink about the purpose & existence of this genre, substantially.

This movie did one good thing though. That is showing us that a BL relationship, in some ways, is just the same as a male-female relationship.

But, that too is problematic and such a naive reduction of reality..
May 7, 2020 4:14 PM

Jun 2014
Genuine, honest love... That was very sweet.
Rely on nothing under heaven
May 29, 2020 5:33 PM

Sep 2018
I guess I'm the only one that found this film dull. It felt like we were getting snippets of a story rather than a full story, and that wouldn't be so bad if the snippets were in any way interesting and the story wasn't very cliche even if it did (almost, seems like people are forgetting about the thing with the teacher) leave out the dubious consent aspect that these sort of animes often have. The ending was adorable though, I'll admit that.
Also I wasn't a fan of the art style either. I found it.... frustrating. Not bad, because it was pretty at times and I understand that it was going for a manga feel. But the whole... undefined... nature of it didn't work in an anime like this for me.

also...

ToG25thBaam said:
Whoa, seriously, this is in the top 100? I knew there were people who liked this a lot but wouldn't have guessed it's this well liked.

I personally didn't like it, the way they came together felt kinda.. easy? It's like, they hang out together a lot, then, uhm.. they skipped the friendship step and went straight to "I love you romantically even though you're a guy, and I am a guy" and worst of it all, blackie also like blondie, surprise surprise. The drama after they got together was annoying, I've liked my fair share of drama about insecurity, but not like this. The blond is also very selfish in the relationship. I am also unsure as to what significance could there be in the scene that involved the teacher seducing the blackie student, because I am pretty sure it's just there to create rift in their relationship.

I was really looking forward to this movie, ended up being really disappointed. The basis of their relationship felt so shallow, and it remained so even after the movie ended.

pretty much this. Except I wouldn't use the weird almost slur sounding terminology for the characters you have here.

Though, on the other hand, I guess if this was the first anime of this type you have ever seen, AND you have not seen much anime in general I could see people thinking this was good, and that seems to be most of the people gushing over this anime in this thread. I guess it's kinda like my newfound disdain for Akira, if it was one of the first Action/Gore animes I had ever seen I probably would have loved it and gotten on the bandwagon of everyone thinking it's more deep than it actually is, but since I've watched enough to see it's shortcomings I don't.
KristiwazhereMay 29, 2020 6:08 PM
May 29, 2020 6:08 PM

Sep 2018
Naruleach said:
ToG25thBaam said:

That is nice and all, but that really just highlights the shortcomings of this anime to me. An adaptation should not require you to read what it's based on in order to "get" it.
KristiwazhereNov 8, 2021 2:59 PM
Jun 3, 2020 2:49 PM
Sep 2019
bekeru said:

Around 5 out 6 chapters were animated but that's just the first book, and the sequels are shown in the manga's page, here on MAL.
If I'm not mistaken, there's around 6 volumes with their story plus some other characters. It's kind of confusing since they all have different titles, but every info on MAL's database seems pretty correct.

SIX VOLUMES!? I only saw 3! Classmates, Spring and Winter. What are the other three titles?
Jun 24, 2020 5:48 AM
Apr 2020
Perfect adaptation doesn't exi--

Wow! This is so great! Just read the manga after watching the movie.

What I like about this the most is its pureness and innocence.

I wish they will release an OVA about their relationship after high school.
#Gold&Silver

10/10
Jun 26, 2020 6:23 PM

Mar 2016
i really enjoyed this! i was cheesing, screaming and 'crying' all the way through!

this made me think about what i am missing out on tho :( boo

8/10 overall but 10/10 enjoyment <3

Aug 19, 2020 1:13 PM
Jan 2019
oh damn it was so cuteee. hikaru's so easy going..lmao i'd sell my kidney to be that easygoing .

just found out there's a manga through the threads, but the animation/voice acting/ost of this anime is gorgeous. reading the manga wouldn't be same. wish they made more a series of this. or at least some OVAs.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» Consent

Justpassingby2 - Nov 21, 2021

9 by 031011 »»
Mar 31, 2023 8:54 PM

» How hardcore is this anime? Can striaght guy enjoy it?

Yatyear - Jul 4, 2016

25 by abystoma2 »»
Oct 27, 2021 4:54 PM

» Manga

ManiaAa - Jul 1, 2021

2 by ThatWheatFlour »»
Jul 1, 2021 8:21 AM

» Hyped?

removed-user - May 29, 2015

22 by Imlonleylol »»
Mar 11, 2021 5:47 PM

» My girlfriend wants me to watch a shounen Ai with her ( 1 2 )

Manaphy - Jun 28, 2017

64 by YI-Ramos »»
May 1, 2020 4:30 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.