Forum Settings
Forums

Dengeki Announces New 'Tenkyou no Alderamin,' 'Accel World,' 'Sword Art Online' Anime

New
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Oct 4, 2015 2:39 AM

Jan 2011
Cool, I wanted to see more Accel World.
ReaperCreeperOct 4, 2015 2:44 AM
Oct 4, 2015 2:47 AM

Jul 2007
New Anime for SAO and Accel World!...Yay
Anime original....fuck.

Here goes my hype. Don't care.
Oct 4, 2015 2:48 AM
Mar 2012
The AW PV shows characters like
who get introduced much further ahead where season 1 ended, especially seeing that they seem to already be acquaintances with the main characters in real life. Timeline-wise, I'm really confused and I hope it doesn't mess up the chance for a true and faithful sequel.
Oct 4, 2015 2:50 AM

Apr 2013
honestly, I think the news team should have separated alderamin from the two others by putting it in a different thread. That's a completely different subject, for a completely different public from a completely different author. Yes Dengeki Bunko announced all of them at the same event, but there was no need to group everything, especially when you're usually un-grouping things lately (like separating ln and manga sales report).
The best news ImO is definitely Alderamin in there, but due to the sheer popularity of AW and SAo, peoples are going to almost ignore it in the thread.

Alderamin deserves its own news thread.
Oct 4, 2015 2:50 AM

Jan 2013
Thread Cleaned

Removed spam and reaction images.
Oct 4, 2015 2:53 AM

Jul 2007
LastChapter said:
who get introduced much further ahead where season 1 ended, especially seeing that they seem to already be acquaintances with the main characters in real life. Timeline-wise, I'm really confused and I hope it doesn't mess up the chance for a true and faithful sequel.

Both movie and the new tv show are filler. Its fair to say they don't matter to canon franchise at all.
Oct 4, 2015 2:54 AM

Nov 2008
Will watch the SAO film for sure, just because of the hype. I don't expect a good story but hopefully some decent animations. Glad I don't have to waste my time watching a third season... for now.
Oct 4, 2015 2:54 AM
Sep 2015
kuuderes_shadow said:
StonedKirito said:

It ain't a sequel, it's an original remake

Where does it say it's a remake? I'm not getting that impression from it anywhere.

"It will follow a new original story written by Kawahara." <-- 3rd paragraph last line
New original story --> Same universe, different story, I see that as a original remake.
Oct 4, 2015 2:59 AM
Mar 2012
CookingPriest said:
LastChapter said:
Both movie and the new tv show are filler. Its fair to say they don't matter to canon franchise at all.
SAO: Extra Edtion was "filler," but then was made canon since it didn't really interfere with the series' timeline. Reki even went ahead and wrote Rainbow Bridge, a sequel to it. For the SAO movie, it'll be pretty obvious to tell that it'll take place before volume 9, and I won't be surprised if it ends at the cliffhanger that leads to Alicization.

For the new Accel World anime though, it looks to skip a lot of content rather than fitting anime original content into the timeline. Nonetheless, we'll see how it goes. For now, I'll just consider it non-canon filler made just to boost sales.
Oct 4, 2015 3:00 AM

Jul 2013
StonedKirito said:
kuuderes_shadow said:

Where does it say it's a remake? I'm not getting that impression from it anywhere.

"It will follow a new original story written by Kawahara." <-- 3rd paragraph last line
New original story --> Same universe, different story, I see that as a original remake.

Do you even know what remake means?

Oct 4, 2015 3:01 AM

Apr 2013
Hmm don't care for Alderamin ( not into fantasy action with medeival war themes) and don't care much for the SAO movie either. (but I guess it will be fun)
It's pretty cool that Accel World is getting a new anime tho. Too bad its not really a sequel, but I'm still looking forward to it. :)
Oct 4, 2015 3:02 AM

May 2014
so it's re:improvement/make SAO in film and AW new story but by same author...

sounds like SAO making it live the hype up until alicization's adaptation
and AW making a more accepted MC

Aldemarin's comments are good so better I'll check it out
Oct 4, 2015 3:07 AM
Dec 2014
Kaioshin_Sama said:
flash0101 said:
Accel World Infinite Burst PV

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-cae29Hxr2I#t=3h32m28s

Actual animation for Accel World. Something that actually looks like it'll be fun. First kind of shining ray of hope for 2016.
so what are the chances of this being a TV series since they never said OVA like with Strike the blood and if it is an ova and Sells really well what are the chances of a second season ?
Oct 4, 2015 3:07 AM
Sep 2015
EasyGo-er said:
StonedKirito said:

To make something again or differently? I wasn't aware it meant something different than that?
Oct 4, 2015 3:10 AM

Oct 2014
Was hoping for sao s3... well I guess I should start reading alderamin.
Oct 4, 2015 3:11 AM

Sep 2014
was a long wait :')
HYPE HYPE HYPE

AsashinaShinOct 4, 2015 3:15 AM
Oct 4, 2015 3:13 AM
Dec 2014
Yukikazeyui said:
was a long wait

the strange thing is they never said ova and it has no date so who knows what format this in
Oct 4, 2015 3:14 AM

Apr 2013
hmm so they go with original story instead of making it's sequel huh, well let's hope it will be better than the previous one
Oct 4, 2015 3:19 AM

Jan 2015
Oh yeah, Can't wait to see the hate that the new SAO movie will get, exciting!
Oct 4, 2015 3:21 AM

Jul 2014
Alderamin sounds good, and I'm all for more SAO and Accel World (though I've yet to watch the original Accel World), though I'd have prefered a 3rd season of SAO to an original movie. I'm sure S3 will still happen eventually though.
Oct 4, 2015 3:24 AM

Jul 2013
StonedKirito said:
EasyGo-er said:

To make something again or differently? I wasn't aware it meant something different than that?

Then where did you get the idea that it's a remake?
New original story just means that it will be a new story that is not in the original source. It can be a filler or a spin-off set in the same universe but not a remake. As seen in the PV, the main characters are still the same ones from S1 so no, they're not making a new story with different MCs like someone said above either.

Oct 4, 2015 3:26 AM

Jan 2013
Alderamin sounds like another one of these military otaku type series with tons of girls that randomly fall for the main character. Sure hope it's not like GATE.
I don't think I need that.

I bet the SAO movie will involve a female almost getting raped and gerneric main char running to her rescue.

Also not particularly excited for Accel World. Didn't care about any of its characters so whatever.
Oct 4, 2015 3:34 AM

Apr 2013
TheNaturalPerm said:
Alderamin sounds like another one of these military otaku type series with tons of girls that randomly fall for the main character. Sure hope it's not like GATE.
I don't think I need that.

I bet the SAO movie will involve a female almost getting raped and gerneric main char running to her rescue.

Also not particularly excited for Accel World. Didn't care about any of its characters so whatever.

First volume has 6 main characters. 3 males and 3 females. The main female is more of the mc's "best bud". They trust and use each others, no romantic feeling there. SHe knows how much he went out with women in his school life (including with maried women in their 40s lol) and she absolutely doesn't care. Honestly in the first volume, she could have been a male, no a single scene would have changed. MC is trying several times to hit on one of the other two, but she doesn't seem interested (although quite a bit disoriented by him trying lol).

It's not for military otaku like gate. It's military due to medieval strategies taking a lot of importance, you won't see tanks helicopters and the like here, that's a medieveal fantasy with a touch of magic (magic being restricted to 4 type of spirit so the use is codified/following precise rules).
Oct 4, 2015 3:34 AM

Nov 2014
Reading this got my dick hard.
Oct 4, 2015 3:35 AM

Jul 2007
LastChapter said:
CookingPriest said:
SAO: Extra Edtion was "filler," but then was made canon since it didn't really interfere with the series' timeline. Reki even went ahead and wrote Rainbow Bridge, a sequel to it. For the SAO movie, it'll be pretty obvious to tell that it'll take place before volume 9, and I won't be surprised if it ends at the cliffhanger that leads to Alicization.

For the new Accel World anime though, it looks to skip a lot of content rather than fitting anime original content into the timeline. Nonetheless, we'll see how it goes. For now, I'll just consider it non-canon filler made just to boost sales.

pretty much my thoughts on SAO movie. I just hope it is more coherent than the extra edition stuff.

Thats what I meant tbh - it is made canon? Okay, it is not? also okay. Its still some filler so its not like either of those projects will lead to either franchise drastically deviating from the source material.
Oct 4, 2015 3:36 AM

Apr 2013
The SAO movie could be fun if it turns out to be about someone who was stuck in the the game as well and we see everything from his perspective. Taking out Kirito as the main lead can potentially remove most of the flaws of the series such as the overpowered mc and the "everyone falling for the mc" trope. Chances are it'll be like:

TheNaturalPerm said:
5 main aspects I base my ratings on:
1. Did DramaEnthusiast make a thread about it?
2. Is it better than Breaking Bad?
3. Did MellowJello recommend the shit out of it?
4. Has it caused a (very entertaining) shitstorm on MAL?
5. Is it actually good?

Scratch the fifth point, it's not very relevant...
Oct 4, 2015 3:54 AM

May 2015
I was expecting a sequel announcement for both Accel World and Sword Art Online when I saw the thread's title. But either way, I'm excited for both and will look forward to it. Come to me baby, SAO and AW.

Oct 4, 2015 3:54 AM
Sep 2015
EasyGo-er said:

Then where did you get the idea that it's a remake?
New original story just means that it will be a new story that is not in the original source. It can be a filler or a spin-off set in the same universe but not a remake. As seen in the PV, the main characters are still the same ones from S1 so no, they're not making a new story with different MCs like someone said above either.

Oh I misunderstood what classifies as an original story, my sincerest apologies, I presumed it meant they were remaking the original series with a different plot. Sorry about that, really sorry.
Oct 4, 2015 4:05 AM

May 2013
Cool news. Always in for SAO. Accel World's PV looks entertaining, i'm not really a fan of the first anime but i liked piggy so i'm glad to see him again ^^
Oct 4, 2015 4:12 AM

Nov 2014
aldemarin... the mc you literary have sex with MILF...

not to sure to watch doe
Oct 4, 2015 4:22 AM

Mar 2014
I read some Alderamin and it's different but got a bit annoying to keep following, might give this another shot.

The SAO movie is likely just recap stuff with a new quest like before.
Oct 4, 2015 4:23 AM
Jul 2018
More fat pig MC? Pass. It was painful to get through that first season, hoping it would get better. It never did. The characters were awful and I couldn't make myself even remotely care about any of them

Another light novel copy/paste anime. Oh well, more time to catch up my backlog of actually good anime. *stares at FMA:Brotherhood blu-ray set* Soon.

If I had to guess, SAO movie will end with the announcement of season 3 coming in 2017.
Oct 4, 2015 4:26 AM

Jan 2015
I can't wait for Nejimaki Seirei Senki: Tenkyou no Alderamin and SAO :)
Oct 4, 2015 4:35 AM

Dec 2013
'It will contain 131 tracks'
holy shit

Anyways I said to myself that I'm done after sao s2 but I might watch the movie.
Oct 4, 2015 4:36 AM

Mar 2014
deegan_m said:
WOOHOOO i love sao im intreged for more kirito and asuna are so cute together they make a awesome couple it always makes me feel happy but kinda jelous of there relationship ;)
Agreed

Especially when he cheats on her
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Oct 4, 2015 4:36 AM

Mar 2013
Wait what?
OMG
Oct 4, 2015 4:52 AM
Oct 4, 2015 4:59 AM

Sep 2010
N I C E
I
C
E

Ah, if someone is going to the event and get some goodies. If you have some goodies related to YomeColle, please!, give us the code for the characters! (PM if possible).
Oct 4, 2015 5:03 AM

Sep 2014
This is looking awesome! If this all releases in 2016..... THEN WOW!!! What a great year it would be! Im still hoping for NGNL and Magi new season for next year!
Oct 4, 2015 5:08 AM

Nov 2013
I'm really happy for Tenkyou no Alderamin.
Oct 4, 2015 5:17 AM

Nov 2012
Please God, tell me they are remaking Accel World without that fat irritating fucking shit beta male we had for an MC. That is all they needed to change and the anime (read: AW) would've been good and actually have sold decently.

Another good story that was wasted by having a fucking shit male lead....., heres to hoping we get a better MC in this remake.
Oct 4, 2015 5:19 AM

Dec 2011
@Nazrrhid what's your definition of "sold decently"? Because damn you have high standards if you think Accel World didn't sell decently...

And again, where are you getting the idea that it's a remake from?

Plus there's the fact that the MC is obviously still in there, and the fact that you using "fat" as an insult portrays you in a far worse light than it does the MC.
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Oct 4, 2015 5:20 AM

May 2014
I want SAO S3 =/
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 4, 2015 5:26 AM

Feb 2012
Glad SAO is getting just a movie, it will go by faster then a 2 cour show.
Oct 4, 2015 5:26 AM

Mar 2013
New SAO and AW shit again?
Aw no D:
Oct 4, 2015 5:30 AM

Apr 2013
Seriously, looking at that thread is saddening. Why did the news team put together Alderamin with the two works from Kawahara? Who thought that was a good idea to do that? >_<
Oct 4, 2015 5:32 AM

Jun 2015
New Accel World and Sword art Online animes...this i have to see.
Oct 4, 2015 5:38 AM

May 2014
Stark700 said:
The AW news is disappointing imo, was hoping for Season 2 but whatever.
=

Basically this.

But I'll take what I can get.

If the SAO movie is canon I'm happy, otherwise, why?

Oct 4, 2015 5:42 AM

Aug 2008
Sure, anime needs more filler movies. God forbid they make a decent, standalone stories, better milk that cow with some crappy tie in.
Ii tenki desu ne...
Oct 4, 2015 5:46 AM

Apr 2013
Zefyris said:
Seriously, looking at that thread is saddening. Why did the news team put together Alderamin with the two works from Kawahara? Who thought that was a good idea to do that? >_<
To be fair, it didn't even get a short PV or anything so I doubt a separate thread for it would have generated much more interest in it.
After reading the synopsis, it does seem like the most inspiring announcement by far, though.
5 main aspects I base my ratings on:
1. Did DramaEnthusiast make a thread about it?
2. Is it better than Breaking Bad?
3. Did MellowJello recommend the shit out of it?
4. Has it caused a (very entertaining) shitstorm on MAL?
5. Is it actually good?

Scratch the fifth point, it's not very relevant...
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» 'Hitoribocchi no Isekai Kouryaku' Unveils Production Staff, Additional Cast, Teaser Promo for Fall 2024

DatRandomDude - Apr 21

11 by NewestPersonHere »»
11 minutes ago

» 'Elf-san wa Yaserarenai.' Announces Additional Cast

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

9 by DarkDooM2 »»
21 minutes ago

» Orange, Qubic Pictures Produce 'Leviathan' Anime for 2025

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

14 by keepinup »»
2 hours ago

» 'Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu' Season 3 Reveals Additional Cast, Theme Songs, 90-Minute Premiere

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

11 by MrRant »»
6 hours ago

» Manga 'Hikaru ga Shinda Natsu' Gets Anime Adaptation

DatRandomDude - May 23

24 by iyoa »»
10 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.