Forum Settings
Forums

'Hitoribocchi no Isekai Kouryaku' Unveils Production Staff, Additional Cast, Teaser Promo for Fall 2024

New
Apr 21, 7:25 AM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
The 10th Anniversary Memorial Festival! Overlap Bunko All-Star Gathering Special event Part 3 revealed production staff, additional cast, and a teaser promotional video for the television anime adaptation of Shouji Goji's Hitoribocchi no Isekai Kouryaku (Loner Life in Another World) light novel on Sunday. The anime is scheduled to premiere in October 2024.

Cast
Class Rep: Haruka Shiraishi (Golden Kamuy)
Gal Leader: Hina Suguta (Sono Bisque Doll wa Koi wo Suru)
Otaku A: Kyouhei Natsume (Tsuki to Laika to Nosferatu)
Nerd A: Hiromu Mineta (Blue Period)
Jock A: Tomohiro Yamaguchi (Shuumatsu no Walküre)

Staff
Director: Akio Kazumi (Souten no Ken: Regenesis)
Series Composition: Kenta Ihara (Tsuki ga Michibiku Isekai Douchuu)
Character Design: Keiya Nakano (Ao no Kanata no Four Rhythm)
Sub-character Design, Monster Design: Toshiya Washida (.hack//Liminality character design), Hanako Kikuchi (Yaku nara Mug Cup mo: Niban Gama animation director)
Art Director: Takeshi Sekino (Ishuzoku Reviewers)
Color Design: Michino Fujiwara, Sakie Suzuki (Yuusha, Yamemasu)
Director of Photography: Kouji Hayashi (Ookami to Koushinryou: Merchant Meets the Wise Wolf)
Editing: Ayako Tan (Isekai Shoukan wa Nidome desu)
Sound Director: Hisayoshi Hirasawa (Seiken Gakuin no Makentsukai)
Music: Shuuji Katayama (Overlord)
Music Production: Pony Canyon
Studio: Hayabusa Film, Passione
Studio Cooperation: Frontier Engine

Goji began penning the fantasy adventure novel on the Shousetsuka ni Narou website in October 2016. Overlap acquired the novel and published the first volume under its Bunko imprint in January 2018. booota (Hige wo Soru. Soshite Joshikousei wo Hirou.) was in charge of the illustrations for the first two volumes, with Saku Enomaru taking over volume three onward. The 13th volume was released on January 25 and the 14th volume is scheduled to go on sale on April 25.

Comic Gardo magazine began serializing a manga adaptation by Bibi in January 2019. The 18th volume shipped on January 25 and the 19th volume will release on April 25.

Seven Seas Entertainment licensed the light novel in English in February 2021 and Kaiten Books licensed the manga in English in March 2020. The eighth light novel volume went on sale on March 5 and the ninth volume is scheduled to release on July 9. The ninth manga volume was released in August 2023.

Teaser PV

Source: Comic Natalie
DatRandomDudeApr 21, 5:15 PM
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Apr 21, 1:35 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
Ah yes, more information on yet another "another world this and that" adaptation

Apr 21, 2:01 PM
Apr 2013
So their names are literally "class rep" and "gal leader". Sheesh. Im sure nothing could possibly go wrong
Apr 21, 3:23 PM

Jul 2013
Reply to CocoaGalaxy
So their names are literally "class rep" and "gal leader". Sheesh. Im sure nothing could possibly go wrong
@CocoaGalaxy

Who knows? Next thing you know in the mere future we'll have Harem Girl A, Harem Girl B..... I'll give them credit at they know people won't watch it for the story and instead laugh at the random antics

Apr 22, 4:57 AM
Isekai Trucker

Oct 2015
Reply to CocoaGalaxy
@CocoaGalaxy That's only what the MC Haruka calls them. They have real names as well, though can't remember them.

I look forward to this. A lot of good series in fall.
"You only realize the real value of something you discarded when you get the chance to pick it up again." - Rudeus Greyrat
Jun 4, 6:43 PM

Oct 2015
Reply to EcchiGodMamster
Ah yes, more information on yet another "another world this and that" adaptation

@EcchiGodMamster

I am currently reading the LN.

Worldbuilding is similar to 90 percent of the isekai.

The only difference is that the protagonist is extremely dumb, worse than Cid in terms of intelligence.

There are some ecchi scenes though, such as girls stripping naked and jumping into the bath in front of the dude. And a girl who walks into the dude’s tent naked and the dude calls her ‘nudist girl’. >_>

The amount of isekai LN titles has decreased over the years. I think the ecchi titles have outnumbered the isekai titles. >_>
Jun 4, 9:54 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
Reply to NewestPersonHere
@EcchiGodMamster

I am currently reading the LN.

Worldbuilding is similar to 90 percent of the isekai.

The only difference is that the protagonist is extremely dumb, worse than Cid in terms of intelligence.

There are some ecchi scenes though, such as girls stripping naked and jumping into the bath in front of the dude. And a girl who walks into the dude’s tent naked and the dude calls her ‘nudist girl’. >_>

The amount of isekai LN titles has decreased over the years. I think the ecchi titles have outnumbered the isekai titles. >_>
@NewestPersonHere

color me shocked....

i can't wait to see him kill the same copy paste monsters and stop the typical group of dumbass bandits

NewestPersonHere said:

WAIT WHAT? REALLY???
Jun 5, 5:02 AM

Oct 2015
Reply to EcchiGodMamster
@NewestPersonHere

color me shocked....

i can't wait to see him kill the same copy paste monsters and stop the typical group of dumbass bandits

NewestPersonHere said:

WAIT WHAT? REALLY???
@EcchiGodMamster

Pretty accurate predictions, monsters and bandits are indeed copied and pasted.
As I mentioned, the only thing that stands out from other isekai is the protagonist‘s stupidity and him getting screamed at by the class rep.

I am not lying or misinformed when I mentioned that the number of isekai LN titles have decreased over the years.
In the LN side of things, isekai era has ended in 2019, we are currently in romance era. Isekai currently makes up like 5% of the LN releases, extremely rare as compared to romance and those non-isekai fantasy titles.
I monitor lightnovel.jp regularly so I know the LN trends in Japan. :)
https://lightnovel.jp/publicationdate/
Jun 5, 7:11 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
@EcchiGodMamster

As I mentioned, the only thing that stands out from other isekai is the protagonist‘s stupidity and him getting screamed at by the class rep.

I am not lying or misinformed when I mentioned that the number of isekai LN titles have decreased over the years.
In the LN side of things, isekai era has ended in 2019, we are currently in romance era. Isekai currently makes up like 5% of the LN releases, extremely rare as compared to romance and those non-isekai fantasy titles.
NewestPersonHere said:

I'm so proud of myself for being able to predict what im going to see in a medival fantasy/isekai anime... do i get a reward??

GOOD... FINALLY.... now hopefully in the next 5 years or so they'll be borderline over with... tired of these troll/"yes im generic" title LNs... its like theyre intentionally fucking with us or people just don't feel like they can be successful otherwise

yall know im not a "this anime/this type of anime is bad" person... but if theyre going to copy paste eachother THIS MUCH, then yea im eventually gonna wanna see it go

what kinda romance? i don't watch the villainess anime, i mean... i like when villainesses are actually the bad guys, which is pretty uncommon now... lol

what % are ecchi?

Jun 6, 8:59 PM

Oct 2015
Reply to EcchiGodMamster
NewestPersonHere said:

I'm so proud of myself for being able to predict what im going to see in a medival fantasy/isekai anime... do i get a reward??

GOOD... FINALLY.... now hopefully in the next 5 years or so they'll be borderline over with... tired of these troll/"yes im generic" title LNs... its like theyre intentionally fucking with us or people just don't feel like they can be successful otherwise

yall know im not a "this anime/this type of anime is bad" person... but if theyre going to copy paste eachother THIS MUCH, then yea im eventually gonna wanna see it go

what kinda romance? i don't watch the villainess anime, i mean... i like when villainesses are actually the bad guys, which is pretty uncommon now... lol

what % are ecchi?

@EcchiGodMamster

Just completed volume 2. Quite a lot of interesting monsters from grim reapers to giant owls to adorable sheeps~

There is a history for the ton of isekai~
In around 2009, there is.a rise in WN. Most overworked Japanese went there to write those escapism isekai because they are easier to write. LN publishers such as Kadokawa picked those up and published them as official LNs. They tried to promote LN sales by creating these types of anime.

Now to your question on romance. Villainess are rare nowadays~

There are 2 types of romance: fantasy and high school.

I don’t really read fantasy ones as they are either slow-life, nobility/royalty ones. Too shoujo for me to read. :/

For high school romance, I classify them into 4 groups:

1) Romcoms. Focuses more on comedy than romance. Roshidere is airing in July I think? I got bored reading these after a few volumes~

2) Most beautiful girl thirsty for dense dull guy. I am always screaming at the dense dude….

3) Time travels back to high school days to date most beautiful girl. I find them boring.

4) Cohabitation. These are the ones I usually read.

Now to your question on ecchi.
Ecchi fantasy titles are rare. The most popular one I can think of is Sword Saint Adel.
https://j-novel.club/series/sword-saint-adel-s-second-chance

For high school romance, about half of the cohabitation ones are ecchi. Based on my experience, cohabitation with foreign heroines are all ecchi.

The Japanese publisher that keeps pumping out ecchi titles is HJ Bunko.
https://firecross.jp/hjbunko/lineup

I cannot answer your question on percentage of ecchi, I can only say that they are increasing as cohabitations are becoming more common. :/
Jun 6, 10:33 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
@EcchiGodMamster

Just completed volume 2. Quite a lot of interesting monsters from grim reapers to giant owls to adorable sheeps~

In around 2009, there is.a rise in WN. Most overworked Japanese went there to write those escapism isekai because they are easier to write. LN publishers such as Kadokawa picked those up and published them as official LNs. They tried to promote LN sales by creating these types of anime.

I don’t really read fantasy ones as they are either slow-life, nobility/royalty ones. Too shoujo for me to read. :/

For high school romance, I classify them into 4 groups:

1) Romcoms. Focuses more on comedy than romance. Roshidere is airing in July I think? I got bored reading these after a few volumes~

2) Most beautiful girl thirsty for dense dull guy. I am always screaming at the dense dude….

3) Time travels back to high school days to date most beautiful girl. I find them boring.

4) Cohabitation. These are the ones I usually read.

Now to your question on ecchi.
Ecchi fantasy titles are rare. The most popular one I can think of is Sword Saint Adel.
https://j-novel.club/series/sword-saint-adel-s-second-chance

For high school romance, about half of the cohabitation ones are ecchi. Based on my experience, cohabitation with foreign heroines are all ecchi.

The Japanese publisher that keeps pumping out ecchi titles is HJ Bunko.
https://firecross.jp/hjbunko/lineup

I cannot answer your question on percentage of ecchi, I can only say that they are increasing as cohabitations are becoming more common. :/
NewestPersonHere said:

this is pretty much exactly what one of my coworkers was telling me about SAO back in the 2000s lol

i remember when manga first started becoming popular in the US back in the early 2000s but had NO IDEA what a LN was until like 2016 lol

NewestPersonHere said:

if you mean bad women in general, ESPECIALLY groups of them... then yes, i know.... AND I FUCKING HATE IT

if you mean the Villainess reincarnation trend... then those are way too shoujo for me

NewestPersonHere said:

you're saying those are the most popular kinds being published rn?

NewestPersonHere said:

they've defintiely brought back the "guy lives with a bunch of girls" trope that Love Hina popularized if you're referring to these types of series

NewestPersonHere said:

damn... i want my battle ecchi back, although we kinda got 2 last season.. idk if i really consider Magical Girls a "battle" ecchi
Jun 7, 7:07 AM

Oct 2015
Reply to EcchiGodMamster
NewestPersonHere said:

this is pretty much exactly what one of my coworkers was telling me about SAO back in the 2000s lol

i remember when manga first started becoming popular in the US back in the early 2000s but had NO IDEA what a LN was until like 2016 lol

NewestPersonHere said:

if you mean bad women in general, ESPECIALLY groups of them... then yes, i know.... AND I FUCKING HATE IT

if you mean the Villainess reincarnation trend... then those are way too shoujo for me

NewestPersonHere said:

you're saying those are the most popular kinds being published rn?

NewestPersonHere said:

they've defintiely brought back the "guy lives with a bunch of girls" trope that Love Hina popularized if you're referring to these types of series

NewestPersonHere said:

damn... i want my battle ecchi back, although we kinda got 2 last season.. idk if i really consider Magical Girls a "battle" ecchi
@EcchiGodMamster

That is not what happens with SAO…..
In 2001, the SAO author Kawahara submitted it to enter the Dengeki Bunko competition but disqualified due to exceeding the word limit. He ends up publishing the whole script as a WN.
Years later, he won the Dengeki Bunko Grand Price with Accel World and his editor in Dengeki Bunko found SAO and yeah (you can infer the rest of the story).

Regarding villainess, I am talking about the isekai type. They have became extremely rare.
There are a few cruel female protagonists but they are not popular though.

As mentioned, the shoujo-style fantasy romance and high school romance are the trend now.

In terms of cohabitation, I don’t mean that bunch of girls staying with dude. More like a couple living together and doing erotic things together from bathing together to boob grabs to mating.
I will share some of these titles:
https://sneakerbunko.jp/series/murinandai/
https://firecross.jp/hjbunko/series/477

There are some battle ecchi such as the one I mentioned previously, Sword Saint Adel.

Another LN reader recommended me some exorcist reincarnation that is also a battle ecchi but I have not read.
https://j-novel.club/series/the-reincarnation-of-the-strongest-exorcist-in-another-world

More topics from this board

» Web Manga 'Niwatori Fighter' Receives Anime Adaptation

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

27 by MadanielFL »»
47 minutes ago

» 'Kakkou no Iinazuke' Gets Second Season in 2025

Hyperion_PS - 8 hours ago

17 by fabiandewa19 »»
2 hours ago

» 'Chi.: Chikyuu no Undou ni Tsuite' Reveals Main Cast, Teaser Promo, Fall 2024 Premiere

DatRandomDude - Jul 24

12 by bastek66 »»
8 hours ago

» 'Haigakura' Unveils More Cast

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

1 by 40826DToothyCow »»
10 hours ago

» Web Manga 'Shakunetsu Kabaddi' Ends Serialization

DatRandomDude - Jul 24

2 by Yudesei »»
Yesterday, 4:51 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.