Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Black Bullet (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
May 7, 2014 1:11 AM

Dec 2011
I must read the LN, as everyone says this is anime is rushed as fuck
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 7, 2014 2:46 AM

Mar 2014
It;s a good show so far but an overall 4/5, never had the feeling of a 5/5 ep.
Looks promising though.
Everybody has the right to have his own opinion on something.And you do have the right to disagree with them.But that doesnt give you the right to impose your opinion on others, even though you do have the right to think you are fucking awesome.
May 7, 2014 3:20 AM

Feb 2012
Last episode, cute Kayo died. This episode, adorable Tina is introduced. Hope she sticks around..

I'm liking Miori a looooot more than Kisara since she's more direct with her feelings! Wish she'll have a lot of screen time!
You can just be yourself. Do things your own way, one step at a time. You'll get there. Just be yourself, you'll be fine."
~Fruit Basket
May 7, 2014 3:58 AM

Nov 2013
Better than the last episode, but still feels a bit off.

Rentaro was a boss telling those guards to shut up XD
Another loli, and she'll probably be the next one to go. Looks like Kisara is a reliable fighter, hope to see her do something useful in the upcoming episodes.
Overall great episode 4/5 for now.
May 7, 2014 5:00 AM

Jul 2013
for those who are interested, ima put all the stuff which got cut out:

prolouge part

best part of the prolouge

i wanted to see this animated... oh well

discussion between satomi and douchebag bodyguard [btw, the translator didnt bother with translating the name, instead, he changed it to "dick"]

discussion between rentaro and sougen (the leader from other city)

translated by Log from animesuki forum
http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=114071

Mod Edit: Added extra spoiler tags
sarroushMay 7, 2014 9:48 AM
current LN reading:
Death March kara hajimaru isekai kyousoukyoku
translated here
for those who are interested in other forums about animes, check randomc.net, reddit.com/r/anime and forum.animesuki.com
May 7, 2014 7:58 AM

Feb 2010
is it just me or did the animation became noticeably worse?

http://puu.sh/8CP21.jpg
May 7, 2014 8:22 AM

Feb 2011
I;m just gonna say that this show has one of the worst settings ever. It's becoming increasinly harder to take this show seriously. I'll just keep watching because I'm curious if things get any worse.
May 7, 2014 8:36 AM

Dec 2010
RuinsInTheWind said:
DAT HOT POT SCENE
Reminded me of Hidan no Aria, it was great :D :D :D

mekaku_mary said:
Is it just me..
or is enju-chan not getting more screens?
other then the fights, i completely forget about her :(
it's actually rather disappointing
She will get them, don't worry. After all she's dying really soon ;(

It was a good episode, but I can't help but feel annoyed that it was just a build-up, and I have to wait another whole week now :D

Seitenshi is a really good character, she's pretty and I didn't expect her to be so idealistic. I wonder what does Tendo think of this though.

-ShadowClaw- said:
Hmn i can still see potential in this series i just hope it keeps it up

Does anybody know if the previus villian Kagatane is dead or not beacause i would see it as a waste if they just killed him off like that. feel freee to spoil i just want to know
Same here, he's the best villain this season.
May 7, 2014 8:46 AM

Nov 2012
Such a good ep! I really love the soundtrack and that hot pot scene was so hilarious!! xD *Enju and Satomi moving the table* hahhaha
May 7, 2014 9:49 AM

Dec 2008
Thread Cleaned
Please remember that single phrase responses do not promote or contribute to discussions and will be removed.
May 7, 2014 10:10 AM

Nov 2013
>Enter blond loli

Okay, you now have my attention.
May 7, 2014 10:43 AM

Dec 2012
That table moving scene was pretty damn funny. Seems as though my prediction of loli harem that Rentarou turns into an army to overthrow the loli-haters may well come true, too.

morshuwarrior said:
I;m just gonna say that this show has one of the worst settings ever. It's becoming increasinly harder to take this show seriously. I'll just keep watching because I'm curious if things get any worse.

I'm curious as to what you dislike about the setting, since I think it's rather interesting. If anything is wrong with it, I'd say it's that the show moves at too fast a pace to fully explain or naturally integrate into the story all the setting elements, but that seems like it's more of a pacing issue to me.

xJapaliicious said:
I must read the LN, as everyone says this is anime is rushed as fuck

I haven't read the LNs and I also think this anime is rushed. Even if it were entirely anime original, I think it could benefit from a higher ratio of character-fleshing-out to plot progression than it currently has. I mean, they already seem to have defeated the first main villain and I still don't feel like we really got to know anyone aside from said villain, Rentarou, and Enju.

This episode did a decent job of rectifying that, showing Kisara as someone who 1. has hobbies and interests outside her work and 2. apparently is interested in Rentarou romantically. It also gave Seitenshi-sama some depth by having her display her ideals. I tend to agree with Rentarou that she is the type of character who is likely to end up dead, although I really hope she doesn't.
May 7, 2014 12:07 PM

Feb 2011
opondica said:
morshuwarrior said:

I'm curious as to what you dislike about the setting, since I think it's rather interesting. If anything is wrong with it, I'd say it's that the show moves at too fast a pace to fully explain or naturally integrate into the story all the setting elements, but that seems like it's more of a pacing issue to me.
Well, yeah, the story also feels very rushed but that's not why I think it's so bad. In the first episode, it looked like the setting was going to be a bit more like some sort of post-apocalyptic city with monsters crawling around everywhere. THAT would've been interesting, but nope, same old plain city even with schools. I just dislike how kids just go to school as if nothing dangerous is going on even though there clearly is. Perhaps I expected too much :/

It also doesn't help that I don't care for any of the characters (and a student council president... just, really). Not even Shiro Sagisu's musical talent saves it for me :(
May 7, 2014 1:43 PM

Mar 2008
The new blonde loli better not die. She is best loli ever!! =3
May 7, 2014 2:16 PM

Dec 2013
Enju, what little time we saw her this week, was cute. The training bit at he beginning was cool, Kisara is rather hardcore with that sword and Enju dodging bullets and kicking the gun away was BA.

The meeting with Tina was rather random and that special kind of silly/bland that makes it painful to watch.

Rentaro was rather awesome in the bathroom when those D-Bag's tried to threaten him, though. That was nice, rather enjoyed that bit.

Overall, I thought it was too slow and didn't follow up last week's episode at all. Last week's episode felt like a series finale, but left us with the information about Enju's possible forthcoming demise and questions about the tricycle. This week picks up with some random "hey I need a bodyguard for no reason other than I'm being selfish, oh! and there just happens to be an assassin I don't know about in town at the exact same time!"

Overall, I'm gonna give this one a 5/10
Odds are I'm not going to find my way back to a thread after my first post, it happens on occasion but not often. So, if I say something that offends you and you feel the need to force your opinion on me because obviously everyone should have your opinion or none at all, feel free to post it in the thread that I'll probably never see again. However, if you are interested in intelligent discourse, feel free to message me.
May 7, 2014 3:31 PM

May 2013
Tina Sprout is a cute name c:
May 7, 2014 3:35 PM

Aug 2012
All of a sudden, a new harem member appears in the front door eh? She's kinda interesting, but I don't think she'll contribute that much in the overall plot; just your typical FF Cid XD

Haven't read the LN yet, but from what I see, the direction and pacing in this episode is spot-on.
May 7, 2014 3:48 PM
Jul 2013
Wow!, great, ...now this was a nice start to the second season look at all the girls :D, the first season was way shorter than one would expect, and this character development is incredible. The finale last season was really great ..well lets see where this is going.
May 7, 2014 3:50 PM
Aug 2013
Loli added to the harem, turns out to be an assassin. Another girl joins the harem. Apparently a post apocalyptic city-state planned to transport a gun the size of a skyscraper to the moon, and the fact that the guy with this crazy plan is aggressive and loony is perceived by everyone as formidable negotiation abilities. Loli kicks the bullet from a sniper rifle out of the air. Said sniper sees the MC wearing his trademark outfit through telescopic sights, has no idea who he is.

This is a dumb show. And not as fun as it was last time.
You are not the king of your brain. You are the creepy guy standing next to the king going "a most judicious choice, sire" - Steven Kaas
May 7, 2014 4:11 PM
May 2011
What the hell... This anime had potential. What they've done with art and animation? When i watched this episode i felt like watching someone else's work. I'm disappointed.
May 7, 2014 7:44 PM

Mar 2014
Rentaro getting all the bitches.
MAL: A community that thinks every anime is bad, but rates everything a 7/10.
May 7, 2014 7:56 PM

Sep 2011
Much better pacing this episode than the past few episodes; didn't feel rushed at all. Though we still don't know much about Enju's % rate thing. New Loli appears!
May 7, 2014 8:35 PM

Mar 2013
Hristmas said:
What the hell... This anime had potential. What they've done with art and animation? When i watched this episode i felt like watching someone else's work. I'm disappointed.

Really? I thought the art and animation was good. I never noticed any difference.

That scene with Kisara and Miori. :D
May 7, 2014 9:13 PM
May 2011
DeAnimation said:
Hristmas said:

Really? I thought the art and animation was good. I never noticed any difference.

That scene with Kisara and Miori. :D
E.g. Seitenshi, Enju and Rentaro after meeting. That scene in car looked horrible.
SwietekMay 8, 2014 12:01 AM
May 7, 2014 11:24 PM

Jul 2013
I like how calm and cool Rentaro is in this episode; pretty badass MC, doesn't give a damn about 3 girls in his apartment nor fighting XD, how he handle the meeting with Saitake, and reacting quickly on that sniper shot. IDK how he noticed that already.

Nice comment when he told Enju about her skirt in combat XD. I kind of know that Tina will turn bad at some point when I grown suspicious on her about that phone call. Although she is a pretty cool character. I'm up for Kisara and Rentaro relationship development, but I guess I need to grew more on her character background.

Episode was a build up one, well the start of the new arc. It looks pretty interesting after the previous episode.

May 8, 2014 12:48 AM

Jul 2010
Need more Kisara btw. Also, Yuki Kaji is really doing a great job so far.
May 8, 2014 2:18 AM

Nov 2013
So what, they are trying to assassinate Satomi because he took that dudes position as a gaurd? Nope, got to be way deeper than that. Really curious to what the real reason is though.
May 8, 2014 4:58 AM
SetoMary Fanatic

Jun 2013
I really like Tina's character design...
that hair...
that dress...
my god that dress is so pretty.

Would love to see the Shiba style in action! Tina, please be a good girl! I really like you D:

I also like the white hair president... she looks nice in that hat and dress, though I feel like her bodyguards are stupidly aggressive for no reason.
May 8, 2014 4:58 AM

Jul 2013
The harem is expanding rapidly.

The logic in this show though... there was a sniper targeting your leader and instead of hurrying her to cover they just slowly walk in a group like asking to be shot.

Also correct me if I'm wrong but that Saitake dude only governs the Osaka area, right? how does he get so cocky saying that his will is Japan's will? especially assuming that every city has their own ruler like Seitenshi. He's just being a megalomaniac for no reason. It's not like killing Seitenshi would accelerate his plans unless he can somehow establish a puppet ruler (which I doubt as long as Kisara's grandpa still around).
May 8, 2014 5:20 AM

Oct 2013
Yep,this years spring season rules.
May 8, 2014 6:45 AM
Apr 2014
jiraiya_sensei said:

The logic in this show though... there was a sniper targeting your leader and instead of hurrying her to cover they just slowly walk in a group like asking to be shot.

Also correct me if I'm wrong but that Saitake dude only governs the Osaka area, right? how does he get so cocky saying that his will is Japan's will? especially assuming that every city has their own ruler like Seitenshi. He's just being a megalomaniac for no reason. It's not like killing Seitenshi would accelerate his plans unless he can somehow establish a puppet ruler (which I doubt as long as Kisara's grandpa still around).

The bodyguard group is useless. Rentaro was testing them when he allowed them to lead him into the bathroom.

1. combat skills. If he can defeat them without releasing his cyborg parts, they are pretty bad. Rentaro was outnumbered at least 5:1
2. Motivations. Pride. The head guard wants Seitenshi to birth his child. Creep.

As for your second question, it gets deeper than that.
May 8, 2014 8:35 AM

Oct 2012
And suddenly a Chaika appeared minus the way to speak. But it was also weird, what happened last episode seemed forgotten or something. It's like the 2nd season started or something.
May 8, 2014 10:01 AM

Jan 2011
jiraiya_sensei said:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

It went downhill really quickly, the speed record was definitely broken while doing this.

Edit:
Not to mention the stupid fan service...
loliowoMay 8, 2014 10:19 AM
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
May 8, 2014 10:24 AM

Mar 2014
This could be one of a kind anime, but the producers waste time on silly scenes than on intense scenes, like the (30 seconds) fighting...

I mean, come oooon! the animation is perfect, the colors are so vivid, the "camera" plans are so cool, the OST is amazing WHY NOT HAVE A DESCENT SENARIO on each episode??? :/
May 8, 2014 3:05 PM

Jan 2014
Hah that moment when Enju wake up, just to say boob importance... Priceless :D
Good episode and decent pace.
May 8, 2014 7:43 PM

Jul 2013
makamakafonis said:
This could be one of a kind anime, but the producers waste time on silly scenes than on intense scenes, like the (30 seconds) fighting...

I mean, come oooon! the animation is perfect, the colors are so vivid, the "camera" plans are so cool, the OST is amazing WHY NOT HAVE A DESCENT SENARIO on each episode??? :/
Do you mean you want it to be, like... episodic? Nah.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 8, 2014 8:27 PM
Mar 2013
Enju is still so kawaii, but I loved the episode. Can't wait a whole week to continue :/ THIS IS THE PROBLEM WITH WATCHING ANIME THAT IS AIRING CURRENTLY
May 8, 2014 8:43 PM

Nov 2012
I think it's a good thing that Enju isn't trying that hard to get Rentarou (or so it seems).

I wonder what choice Rentarou will do when he discovers who the assassin is. I wonder what type of Gastrea Tina is. A bat? Wolf... Owl? Would make sense as an owl, but she can't see that far, unless her eyes are the scopes of the rifles... I wonder.

I think I'm starting to like Seitenshi this episode. I thought she just was a stubborn ruler of the Tokyo Area.

Now that I think about it, when Enju said that Rentarou likes big books like Kisara, I was thinking about Enju's. She basically just said that Rentarou doesn't like her boobs... lol!
May 8, 2014 9:15 PM

Oct 2011
I miss the masked villain and his partner. TwT This new bad guy doesn't seem threatning at all.
May 9, 2014 12:00 AM

Sep 2008
Hated that whole scene where they were eating.

The harem is growing. Why does this show have to suck so much?
May 9, 2014 3:52 AM

May 2012
Seitenshi is so cute
May 9, 2014 4:56 AM

Nov 2013
FrozenRemains said:
Yep,this years spring season rules.

I'm enjoying every anime on my list of ongoing anime to an extent, even the worse ones.

OT: 'You know you liked it' :3 Enju, you're so cheeky. Enter, sleepy loli and another female after Rentaro's affection (he seems like those others that will reject them all though >_>). I liked Seitenshi's reaction to Enju's breast comment. Is it just me or does Seitenshi look kind of like Teletha Tessarossa from the Full Metal Panic series?

Another problem that this anime with it's art style is that some of the people introduced you KNOW they're going to be bad news i.e. the bodyguard that tried to kill Rentaro and the dictator I can't remember the name of...
LoL summoner name: Dongblaster
Steam: We're Andr Attack
3DS FC 5472-7177-5620
Please PM me before adding any of these
May 9, 2014 9:27 AM

Dec 2008
I was really feeling this show up until this episode. If this turns into an anime full of silly girls doing and saying stupid shit because of a "crush," it's dropped. I'll see how the next episode goes.

Sent with Mal Updater
May 9, 2014 1:58 PM

Apr 2013
Kids shouldn't play with guns.
May 9, 2014 2:48 PM
Jul 2018
Tina's appearance! That was a great ep. Can't wait to see next ep.
May 9, 2014 8:39 PM

Jul 2012
I like Tina's design. The rest of the episode...not so much.
May 9, 2014 10:52 PM

Jan 2013
Pretty good episode. I like the new girl. Way more calm then last episode.
May 9, 2014 10:55 PM

Jul 2008
The plot and characters are enough to keep me entertained :)
May 10, 2014 9:58 AM

Oct 2009
Ah much better than the last 2 shitty episodes.
I really like Kisara's and Miori's designs they are quite different from the usual generic looking ones. Tina was cute ;)
May 10, 2014 3:58 PM

Jun 2013
Nice pacing in this episode. Lol at the scene with Tina.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

» Is it true that there is no hope? Do you still love this?

Ghefira - Jun 5

14 by Kostyazz »»
Jun 28, 11:46 AM

Poll: » Black Bullet Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - May 20, 2014

228 by cableguyjay »»
Jun 19, 6:00 PM

Poll: » Black Bullet Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 13, 2014

176 by cableguyjay »»
Jun 9, 3:07 AM

Poll: » Black Bullet Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 29, 2014

398 by cableguyjay »»
May 26, 5:19 PM

Poll: » Black Bullet Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 22, 2014

252 by cableguyjay »»
May 18, 9:12 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.