Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Aug 5, 2016 5:44 PM

Mar 2015
Amazing episode with a great backstory. I felt sorry for the wolves at times, but there's nothing that could've been done to help them. Seeing Ikta and Yattori's bond develop like that was quite nice.

Liking this series more and more after each episode.

5/5
"Please call me... The Ultimate Hope."
Aug 5, 2016 6:34 PM
Jul 2015
I wanna know what would happen if that wolf was forced to do an IQ test.

It's me or the art changed a bit compared with the other chapters?

Aug 5, 2016 7:27 PM

Sep 2011
Nice episode, but I don't feel like this was a good time for it despite what happened last episode.
Aug 5, 2016 7:29 PM

Jun 2014
EDGY is the word to explain this episode.

Aug 5, 2016 7:50 PM

Jul 2009
So...now that that smart ass wolf has a scar on his eye and looked like he memorized their faces are we gonna see him again? And will he be an ally or a foe again?

Felt sorry for the wolves but they were in the wrong this time round. You gonna attack children, when they u best be prepared to get murked.
Aug 5, 2016 7:59 PM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
I feel quite sorry for the wolves, they're just hungry. But main characters gotta stay alive or this anime wouldn't have existed at all.

Kid Ikta and Yatori were too genius for their age.

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Aug 5, 2016 8:25 PM

Dec 2013
That was definitely a top-class flashback episode.
Good characterization and use of appearances of what we've seen in the story already like the air balloon.
What would of made it better if there was hints on things we could see in the future but I don't think the chilled food is going to make much impact XD.
Aug 5, 2016 9:06 PM

Apr 2016
well..that was another good episode..I think they choose to do the flashback now to explain what happened in the last ep..I mean when yatori went on a rampage and ikta was able to calm her down..
Aug 5, 2016 11:12 PM

Jul 2016

But yeah, I also think that these two were too intelligent for their age, considering that they had to fend off wolves with the use of assorted things. That (somehow, partly?) explains the relationship and trust between these two characters.

I think that the use of the first part of the first episode was good---anyone else thought the same?

Hibbington said:

What would of made it better if there was hints on things we could see in the future but I don't think the chilled food is going to make much impact XD.

And yes, this thing too^
showing us how their 'technology' might impact their universe is a good hint for future generations later (if there would be any)... but they're slowly figuring stuff that might actually be useful for their technological advancement...aside from making chilled food.

"If beautiful women don’t celebrate their beauty, the entire human race loses out. Don’t you agree?”—Sonya

ƒ ♥♥
Aug 5, 2016 11:23 PM
Jul 2015
fucking author san giving us this episode for yatori fans imma i going to kill that guy for real what in the fuck they show this really

PD any light novel reader knows has yatory fan why i am anger for autor san
Aug 6, 2016 1:52 AM

Dec 2013
Liked this episode as a followup to what happened at the end of the last one. It seemed appropriate for Yatori to reflect and meditate about her past and what Ikta means to her personally, specially after what she was forced into doing just before this.

Ikta as a kid was already so chill and laid back, it was funny to see how he takes everything his dad and compatriots do so easily in their stride, though I'm surprised at how well his dad's soldiers take to those "missions" that he makes Itka do. Falling into a hole is no fun, specially when it's proof that you got outsmarted by a kid.

Looking forward to seeing more of this show.
HESTIAAPPROVES
Aug 6, 2016 4:26 AM

Mar 2015
That scene showing the calm, reserved child Yatori going into the kitchen and whipping all that food out the window was hilarious, and the final bank shot was icing on the cake!
The sword that takes life gives life
Aug 6, 2016 6:20 AM

Nov 2012
I love how they complement each other.
A city's greatness is determined by the speed of its internet connection.
Aug 6, 2016 6:59 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
This was a pretty good episode for several reasons.
Firstly it showed the backstory between solok and Yatori and how they met and what their childhood was like. I felt that this was good as it helped establish their relationship and their personalities.

Secondly The fact that it showed the Mc's family who so far have only been mentioned briefly. It was nice to see that the MC actually had a loving and caring family and from there see how much it changed him when that vanished.

I have to say that Yatori had some amazing sword skills even when she was little but since she came from a military family i suppose that was only natural.

The relationship between Yatori and Solak is one of the most interesting things in this anime

Overall a good episode
Solak is such a trickster when he was little
Love how the two complement each other in this episode
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 6, 2016 7:16 AM

Oct 2015
Axelucard said:
oh man why do i feel sad fo the wolves

You are not the only one. We get to see the rationale that drives both Ikta and yatori and how they met each other. Overall a good episode.

Fake people have an image to maintain. Real people just don’t care.
Aug 6, 2016 7:30 AM

Dec 2014
background story telling... Interesting episode altogether
Aug 6, 2016 8:27 AM
Nov 2015
Didn't watch the episode but glad to see the anime page being third most-viewed this summer !
Aug 6, 2016 8:31 AM

Aug 2011
xEzioAuditore said:
Didn't watch the episode but glad to see the anime page being third most-viewed this summer !

How to see that? or only mod can?
Aug 6, 2016 10:22 AM

Jan 2014
It is so great that there is no unnecessary blush and the focus is not blatantly on romance either. That science and theology explanation feels very nice

10/10 episode.
Aug 6, 2016 10:30 AM

Jan 2016
Really like this episode, Some background about with ikta and Yatori from youth :3 how an adorable ikta xD
Already some epic cooperation with em this young, really interesting to see.
Really excited what episode 6 have to offer!
cause MAL is doing there job for once.
Aug 6, 2016 1:07 PM

Aug 2012
I love this show!! So far my AOTS but I couldn't tell why specificaly, I just love the atmosphere, the characters, the story telling, the exotic feeling, and of course those two! So I loved this ep and the way the show is going I'd really like to read the novel actually. Can't wait for next week, it's the only show this season that makes me say that and that I really wait for *.*
*still hoping it will be 2-cour*
Aug 6, 2016 1:08 PM
Nov 2015
CrazyFrogz said:
xEzioAuditore said:

How to see that? or only mod can?

Well, you can see the homapage of the site. Most viewed pages are on "Summer 2016 Anime" It begins from the left (Re:Zero) and the more you go to the right the less viewed this pages are. Or simply look for the Columns you can see at the bottom of most of MAL pages, (Top Aired, Top waited, Top viewed .. etc )
Aug 6, 2016 1:24 PM

Sep 2013
Flashback was irrelevant to cover the whole ep since it could be substituted with a dialogue only, like in 1st ep. As we are told, they really have a long association since childhood, so they cover each others flaws and strengthen each other,

Also, the wolf face as if he was saying, "I'll remember this, and watch your back"........
Aug 6, 2016 2:58 PM
Jul 2018
Interesting idea to put up past event later in EP5,I guess something gonna happen which is why they showed up some light hearted story in the middle of story.
Aug 6, 2016 4:12 PM
Aug 2013
Loved this backstory episode, Ikta and Yatori make a good duo.
Aug 6, 2016 5:13 PM
Aug 2013
Can someone explain me meaning of conversation between Yatori and Shia in the beginning?
Aug 6, 2016 5:33 PM

Jun 2013
Really enjoyed this episode! The backstory was very well done.
Aug 6, 2016 7:41 PM

Aug 2015
That was a good episode. Liked the flashback and it was good learn about those two pasts. That wolf though....
Aug 7, 2016 6:13 AM

Dec 2012
I actually found this episode the most interesting one out of the five aired so far. It was great seeing Yatori and Ikta's background story. Ikta had a nice perfect family it made me sad knowing his parents died.
allo
Aug 7, 2016 7:22 AM

Jul 2007
rinneganfire4u said:
Flashback was irrelevant to cover the whole ep since it could be substituted with a dialogue only, like in 1st ep. As we are told, they really have a long association since childhood, so they cover each others flaws and strengthen each other,

Not really this is the first time we actually get to understand Ikta's past and the change of his life that the tragedy in his family brought.
Aug 7, 2016 8:28 AM

Sep 2013
W
Fai said:
rinneganfire4u said:

Not really this is the first time we actually get to understand Ikta's past and the change of his life that the tragedy in his family brought.

What's new to understand? we know Ikta is a clever sloth while Yatori is disciplined and formal. It just presented us their first meeting and how they acknowledged each others strength and flaws. No development on how Ikta's family suffered and his eventual disgust for Empire.
Aug 7, 2016 10:32 AM
Jan 2009
manaphy022 said:
Can someone explain me meaning of conversation between Yatori and Shia in the beginning?

Igsem family philosophy of sword-mastering, that Yatori learned from his father (Sol, who was briefly shown during episode 5) "I am a Knight, a Knight is a sword, a sword is who I am"
It basically instructs the pupil to reach a mental state similar to the one Yatory had during "that" scene in episode 4.

Yatori reckons that she now understand for the first time why the saying never states the word "person", because that state of mind makes oneself just a weapon, forgetting her own status as a person or as a human being.

Shia protests asking Yatori if Yatori thinks that Shia is "just fire" instead of an individual.
Basically Shia is trying to convince Yatori that she shouldn't strive to become "just a sword", but to still think herself as a person first.
Aug 7, 2016 3:38 PM
Dec 2014
Wow!!! This anime getting better and better every episode. Ikta is a really good character I like him a lot
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 7, 2016 8:23 PM
I Hate My Son

Dec 2011
I usually bitch and moan whenever there's a flashback episode, but I enjoyed this one. This show is so good.

I've seen some people complain that they don't adapt some parts too well but since I haven't read the manga idgaf
Aug 7, 2016 9:27 PM

Sep 2012
Dis some great shit. (y) I just love the relationship between these two.

I also feel bad for the wolves. Though that might just be because wolves are my favourite animals, lol. They did seem a bit too smart, but starvation was probably their main drive.
Friends are there to lend a hand when you can’t do something on your own. It’s not one person doing all the work protecting everyone, we help each other when in need. That’s what friends are for.
Aug 7, 2016 9:57 PM

Dec 2011
Yatori and her ice cream. >.<

Hunting wolves have never been this epic. Now we finally see how Yatori met Ikta. The ship is strong.
Aug 8, 2016 4:15 AM

Dec 2012
Wow this flashback was perfectly built. Ikta was already very intelligent even if he was a young boy. Nice duo.
Aug 8, 2016 7:54 AM

Sep 2015
No comments on Fujiwara Keiji? Always nice to hear his voice.

Aug 8, 2016 10:05 AM
Jan 2009
LiadainRiley said:
No comments on Fujiwara Keiji? Always nice to hear his voice.

I also liked that Sol was voiced by Rikiya Koyama.
Too bad their characters most likely won't make other appearances.
Aug 8, 2016 10:17 AM

Sep 2015
Dark_Kain said:
I also liked that Sol was voiced by Rikiya Koyama.
Too bad their characters most likely won't make other appearances.

True. But we can still hope for some flashbacks.
That skill though. Recognising cool voice actors even in the smallest supporting roles xD

Aug 8, 2016 10:32 AM

Apr 2012
Loved this episode. I wanna know even more about the story that both of them share ><
Aug 8, 2016 3:26 PM

Jun 2015
Man, I really want to like Yatori, she's badass and stuff, but everytime she starts talking I just wanna strangle her.

I know this is supposed to be a fantasy world, but those wolves cleverness was just ridiculous.
Aug 8, 2016 4:22 PM

Jan 2011
Fai said:
I certainly don't see it as romantic in any way and it is VERY nice that the show is not forcing romantic tropes to them.
THIS
stupid characters "limitation"
I love the "missions"
Aug 8, 2016 5:59 PM

Feb 2009
TrashDax said:
Man, I really want to like Yatori, she's badass and stuff, but everytime she starts talking I just wanna strangle her.

I know this is supposed to be a fantasy world, but those wolves cleverness was just ridiculous.

It's well known wolves have high IQ's, in fact I was just speaking to one and he said you were a limp-wrist ninny who eats with a bib.
Aug 8, 2016 6:01 PM

Jun 2015
Marthgun said:
TrashDax said:

It's well known wolves have high IQ's, in fact I was just speaking to one and he said you were a limp-wrist ninny who eats with a bib.

No way!
I'll get him expelled from debate club!
Aug 8, 2016 7:48 PM

Jan 2013
Some nice backstory, very strong relationship between the two.
Aug 8, 2016 9:11 PM
Mar 2015
The death of the wolves really saddens me ;(
Aug 9, 2016 12:36 AM

Jun 2016
Worst episode yet, I'm not dropping this only because i'm curious about the volume 1 ending everyone is talking about.
Aug 9, 2016 3:42 AM

Apr 2010
hentaimoney said:
Worst episode yet, I'm not dropping this only because i'm curious about the volume 1 ending everyone is talking about.

Don't worry, it will only fuel your hatred even more.
Aug 9, 2016 7:12 PM

Oct 2008
oh...some backstory of Ikta & Yatori...
3/5.

Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» YATORI

Bijou146 - Aug 31, 2023

13 by Ash_In_Space »»
Apr 22, 9:24 PM

» Aren't the spirits completely unnecessary?

Yeetyus - Feb 9

5 by Zefyris »»
Mar 18, 4:42 AM

Poll: » Nejimaki Seirei Senki: Tenkyou no Alderamin Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 2, 2016

70 by StateofOhayo »»
Jul 27, 2023 10:09 PM

Poll: » Nejimaki Seirei Senki: Tenkyou no Alderamin Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 26, 2016

136 by StateofOhayo »»
Jul 27, 2023 12:34 AM

» Why is the princess obsessed with Ilkta?

Aithusa21 - Jul 30, 2022

5 by Zefyris »»
May 18, 2023 10:09 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.