Forum Settings
Forums

Anime you know is good, but dislike anyway?

New
Pages (11) « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 10 » ... Last »
Oct 12, 2013 1:28 AM

Mar 2013
elite-sama said:
PDot19 said:
Theres no way of stopping the mind from doubting itself. Not even geniuses of geniuses can manage that.
So if you can doubt yourself, why can't you doubt what 'good' is? -.-

You can. Coming back to the test analagy. Lets say A is the correct answer. In that case A would be the 'good' and B or C being the 'bad'.
The mind can simply doubt A as the correct answer and go with B or C.

It can also doubt B or C thus doubting the 'bad'

In that situation, you do whats considered to be the best possibility, or, your most comfortable answer.

edit: Im sure you've had to go with a gut feeling before because you were just so uncertain of your options.
PDot19Oct 12, 2013 1:31 AM
Happy Halloween
Oct 12, 2013 1:52 AM

Feb 2010
Rinshansan said:

What bullshit, how exactly can an anime be good if you dislike it?

This have been discussed in this thread already.
If that concept doesn't mean anything to you then you simply don't have any anime you know it's good but disliked it anyway.

A lot of people believe that "good" =/= "I liked it"

For example I thought that Yuru Yuri was a good show but I really don't like comedy-oriented shows so I ended up dropping it.
Oct 12, 2013 2:12 AM

Mar 2013
AnoHana. Cannot really explain why, but it just didn't suit me the way Clannad: AS and Angel Beats! did. I guess I find it Overrated would be the word, but I just do not find it so good as others do.
Oct 12, 2013 2:27 AM

Sep 2011
SubPyroFlow said:
AnoHana. Cannot really explain why, but it just didn't suit me the way Clannad: AS and Angel Beats! did. I guess I find it Overrated would be the word, but I just do not find it so good as others do.

If you're aware of yourself that it's not good, then you're doing it wrong.

Oct 12, 2013 2:59 AM

Nov 2012
Darker than Black, its episodic nature bore the hell out of me
Oct 12, 2013 3:11 AM

Oct 2013
It was steins;gate for me, i only got to ep 4 and it was so boring to me that i couldnt watch it anymore...
"The city looks so pretty, do you wanna burn it with me?"
Oct 12, 2013 3:17 AM

Mar 2013
Tennouji_ said:
SubPyroFlow said:

... What?
No one can say if one series are good or not, but you can look at the majority. The majority thinks AnoHana is a masterpiece or great, but I didn't find it in that league.
Oct 12, 2013 3:29 AM

Dec 2012
SubPyroFlow said:
Tennouji_ said:
SubPyroFlow said:

... What?
No one can say if one series are good or not, but you can look at the majority. The majority thinks AnoHana is a masterpiece or great, but I didn't find it in that league.

He meant what you said doesn't fit the context of this thread. If YOU didn't find it good then what you said doesn't belong here, more like in the overrated/underrated anime thread.
Oct 12, 2013 4:14 AM

Sep 2011
SubPyroFlow said:
Tennouji_ said:
SubPyroFlow said:

... What?

Well, tsudecimo said it. Plus it should be like this:

I.E: I know Clannad/After Story is truly a masterpiece but I couldn't bring myself to like it because of the characters,
etc, etc.

Oct 12, 2013 7:25 AM
Sep 2011
From Me it's Bakemonogatari.I know that it's gets so much praise and that it's good but I just couldn't get myself into it all.I tried watching it twice but I just didn't like it ,not because of the characters or the plot.I just felt nothing while watching it.And they just keep making more seasons for it which is why I have no intention of watching it again.

Then the next one is SAO .It's wan't that bad but it was a bit boring.

But this is just an opinion.
Oct 12, 2013 8:07 AM

Feb 2011
LoGH, too many characters that are not relevant, much dialogue besides being a long series.

Mushishi, japanese folklore made ​​it difficult to follow.
Oct 12, 2013 4:38 PM

Jan 2013
If I dislike, then it’s no good.
The best example that came up to my head is Berserk. Such an acclaimed anime and, yet, such a disappointment!! :/
Oct 12, 2013 6:12 PM
Jan 2013
Berserk
One Piece
Oct 12, 2013 6:23 PM

Jul 2009
There are many out there that are good for what they are but just not for me, off the top of my head:
Steins Gate - great idea and characters, but quite wooden, I'm fine with slow pace, but find this a tad dim and uneventful for something that's given out so much info'
Clannad - detailed stories, good pace and liked the time progression, dissliked the characters though
One Piece - tried for years to get into it and it's good, better than many things I've watched, but the plots are a little flat for me combined with it being too busy, I don't have the energy

Oct 12, 2013 6:42 PM

Feb 2013
Mahou Shoujo Madoka☆Magica
im 9 eps in and its just not that great, the 1st 7 eps bored the hell out of me im just hoping it gets better
Oct 12, 2013 6:55 PM

Sep 2013
I dislike all of these eroge adaptions, no matter how good they are. I just can't feel anything for characters that were designed as fap material.
Proud founder of the 20+ virgins club.

Please visit my manga blog for manga updates and more!

Mup da doo didda po mo muhfuggen bix nood

^ Need someone who can translate this. Pm me pls.
Oct 12, 2013 8:05 PM

Dec 2012
Glass Fleet
Guilty Crown
Jyu Oh Sei
Phantom: Requiem for the Phantom

Entertaining....at least up until the second halves totally ruin them. Had these show not ended the way they did I would have like liked them.
KruszerOct 12, 2013 8:13 PM
"The name's Gambit. Remember it."
-Gambit "X-Men '97"

Oct 12, 2013 8:09 PM

Apr 2012
Serial Experiments Lain- Altough I loved Texhnolyze, which is quite similar SEL just didnt click with me and it bored me, but I do know it was deep and intelligent and good.

Clannad - Also good for what it does, the problem is I didnt like what it does, that being depressing.
Oct 12, 2013 8:19 PM

Jul 2011
Sora no Otoshimono

It seems to be a valid ecchi series but it didn't make me laugh not even once and the MC annoyed me to death.
Oct 12, 2013 9:18 PM

Jul 2013
Toradora.
Oct 13, 2013 8:53 AM

Dec 2012
Perfect Blue, Baccano, Shuffle and Laputa. They're all just kinda boring.
Never forget! Don't believe in you who believes in me, don't believe in me who believes in you, believe in you...who believes in yourself!
Oct 13, 2013 10:09 AM

Nov 2012
i can see why people liked bakemonogatari, but i found it rather average. a bit too harem-ish for me.
Oct 13, 2013 10:21 AM
Jun 2012
Hajime no ippo
Slam dunk
Initial D

I know these anime listed above is good.... But I can't bring myself to watch them as they are old anime and I can't stand old art :(
Oct 13, 2013 12:09 PM

Mar 2013
tsudecimo said:
SubPyroFlow said:
Tennouji_ said:
SubPyroFlow said:

... What?

He meant what you said doesn't fit the context of this thread. If YOU didn't find it good then what you said doesn't belong here, more like in the overrated/underrated anime thread.
Tennouji_ said:
Well, tsudecimo said it. Plus it should be like this:

I.E: I know Clannad/After Story is truly a masterpiece but I couldn't bring myself to like it because of the characters,
etc, etc.

How so?

I did quite dislike AnoHana because I think the characters expressed too much drama in too short time, although I know it is good, just as the title of this thread says: Anime you know is good, but dislike anyway?

I guess it could fit in both threads; didn't do anything wrong or unexpected here. :)
Oct 14, 2013 5:43 AM

May 2010
Mobile Suit Gundam 0083-Brilliant animation for an early 90's anime combined with a great music score and rockin' 2nd OP by MIQ, but character and plot development went to hell, especially for Nina Purpleton.
Silent Mobius (Both the movies and TV series)-Great seiyuu cast for the heroines and the movies had excellent animation, but the main heroine Katsumi Liqueur was a horrible protagonist who acts like a total snob, she was pretty much like this for the majority of the two movies.
Touch-The first quarter of the series was excellent, but later on I felt the pacing was rather poor that watching it felt like more of a chore and I felt the main couple and their relationship never really went anywhere and was treading water.
Urusei Yatsura-For such a highly regarded classic, I found myself disliking it because of that douchebag Ataru Moroboshi's stupid skirt-chasing antics nearly every episode I did see.
Oct 14, 2013 6:27 AM

Jul 2013
SubPyroFlow said:

I can't seem to pull myself to actually finish Ano Hana, a lot of people say its good but I'd like to think that those guys didn't see enough anime that gave as much feels as that one did.

Along with this, I never got how Rozen Maiden became so appealing, it felt so straightforward when I gave it a run and it felt like a gothic version of Angelic Layer on my part.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 14, 2013 7:55 AM

Nov 2012
If I know its good then wouldn't I like it?

If you mean shows that are popular that most people like that I dislike then that is something different entirely.
Oct 14, 2013 8:38 AM

Nov 2010
Tomoki_Sakurai said:
If I know its good then wouldn't I like it?

If you mean shows that are popular that most people like that I dislike then that is something different entirely.

ok yeah the origiinal question could be better worded :D

i know death note is good... however i can not for the life of me watch the damn thing xD i even gave up trying to complete it is just can't...
Oct 14, 2013 7:26 PM

Mar 2010
Eeer that's a good question. Idk, maybe K-ON? Even though I get the idea behind it, I cant stand these boring episodes.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 23, 2014 2:53 PM

Jan 2013
I think the obvious one for me is Utena. I really liked alot of the characterization and themes that are brought across but I felt the symbolism was too heavy handed in it's approach. There were alot of times where the show was bringing across the feeling of "DO YOU GET WHAT WE ARE IMPLYING HERE?!!" and I would be like "yes, it is pretty obvious, can you stop hitting me over the head repeatedly with it?".

Couple that with the huge amount of wasted time from reused animation and scenes and you have a show that I just could not like. Shame because I liked alot of the other things.

I feel like I should have enjoyed Kino's Journey more than I did as well but I still really liked it. Other than that, the is no other anime that I don't feel justified in my dislike towards.

EDIT: Oh and Grave of The Fireflies, mainly because I feel it is very easy to portray dying children as a sad and depressing thing. Couple that with some "wtf? is he doing" moments from the main character and you have something that is hard for me to like as well. Yes, I know these were done by the writer to show his own failures and to "compensate for everything he couldn't do himself" but it felt very contrived at points.
xplosive59Feb 23, 2014 3:00 PM
Feb 23, 2014 3:11 PM

Oct 2013
xplosive59 said:

EDIT: Oh and Grave of The Fireflies, mainly because I feel it is very easy to portray dying children as a sad and depressing thing. Couple that with some "wtf? is he doing" moments from the main character and you have something that is hard for me to like as well. Yes, I know these were done by the writer to show his own failures and to "compensate for everything he couldn't do himself" but it felt very contrived at points.

Oh Good Lord Yes... Although I rated it with a high score cause I truly believe that it is a good drama (anti war) movie and had a good execution overall but for the love of god, there where moments that I thought exactly that "WTF is this idiot doing??? He has a sister to take care of...."
"Laugh, and the world laughs with you; Weep, and you weep alone". Ella Wheeler Wilcox
Feb 23, 2014 3:14 PM
Sep 2011
If it's a moe slice of life show, it's usually this.

They're not trying to present a rich story with meaningful character development. They're usually just meant to be easygoing shows, and I can respect that.

Sometimes I end up getting deceived by what they initially appear to be, like I thought K-On was going to be more focused on music than it actually was, and I thought Sakura Trick was going to be an actual love story.

But that doesn't mean they're bad. They're just not entertaining for me.
Feb 23, 2014 3:17 PM

Apr 2013
The end of evangelion movie because it's impossible to enjoy

Steins;gate felt boring to me, also hated how it was similar to madoka and higurashi
Feb 23, 2014 3:20 PM

Nov 2010
drinkbeer said:
Hajime no ippo
Slam dunk
Initial D

I know these anime listed above is good.... But I can't bring myself to watch them as they are old anime and I can't stand old art :(
Yet you watched One Piece.
Feb 23, 2014 3:27 PM

Nov 2012
Trigun, good characters and story, but the animation and slow pacing killed it for me.
Feb 23, 2014 3:46 PM

Mar 2013
Mushishi

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Suzune-chanFeb 23, 2014 4:00 PM
Feb 23, 2014 3:52 PM

Nov 2012
I don't think it's popular or anything but: Aku no Hana. I didn't like the art style, and the characters act in a way that pisses me off...but I think I can understand why they do most of the things they do. I also realized that it's pretty superficial to not like a show because the characters are all ugly / have terrible personalities.

So, that aside, the show was really good in the way that it kept me interested even though I didn't like the characters / art style. It made me think a lot. That's how I knew it was a good show.
lolrithakFeb 23, 2014 4:04 PM
officer i was not resisting arrest i was just being tsundere
Feb 23, 2014 3:57 PM

Apr 2011
Never happened to me

I like good anime
Feb 23, 2014 4:00 PM

Oct 2013
Death Note, too many chapters.

Well, isn't that good after all
Feb 23, 2014 4:58 PM

Mar 2013
Spice and wolf. Just couldn't get into it.
Feb 23, 2014 4:59 PM

Apr 2013
fst said:

The economics were either hard as fuck to understand, or fake. I feel you man.
Feb 23, 2014 5:02 PM

Mar 2011
Forgetfulness said:
Cupquake said:
fst said:
Which parts were fake?

Just wondering. I also had to do some extensive Googling to get all the concepts :|

Pretty sure most things in the anime weren't fake but rather really unlikely to happen/pull off. i.e. The first arc of season two with the fake gold would never happen in any time period unless the whole town was as stupid as the rocks they were investing in
All these bitches.
Feb 23, 2014 5:03 PM

Apr 2013
Forgetfulness said:
Cupquake said:
fst said:
Which parts were fake?

Just wondering. I also had to do some extensive Googling to get all the concepts :|

Idk if any parts were fake. Just felt like that to me cause I was too lazy to look things up
Feb 23, 2014 5:10 PM
Jul 2013
Serial Experiments Lain might as well be the best anime ever made...for brainiacs. Anyone short of being a genius will probably hate it, despite knowing how good it is.
Feb 23, 2014 5:23 PM

Nov 2012
Well a lot of people seem to like Baccano! but I didn't like it so much (gave it a 6). Can't really say I "Know it's good" but I can say I expected it to be amazing based on reviews and almost universal praise coming from my friends.

I think I posted about Baccano! in another thread, so I won't go into it that much. I just felt like I never really connected to any of the characters and I wasn't intrigued at all by the conflicts between the different mob families and stuff. Issac and Miria always seemed to be trying too hard to be funny to actually get me to laugh at them. Overall it just felt too jumbled and empty to me, maybe I'm the only one who feels this way lol.
Feb 23, 2014 5:25 PM

Dec 2013
For me its Evangelion. I'm actually kinda skeptical as to how good it is, but generally its hard for a mech aime to impress me. I tried watching the series but after a few episodes it just didn't catch my interest and I found the MainC very annoying.

could someone please tell me whats so good about Evangelion?? I'm considering giving it another try, at least the movies.
Love and Peace!!!
Feb 23, 2014 5:27 PM

Sep 2012
Thund3r1 said:
could someone please tell me whats so good about Evangelion??

Nothing at all. Give up on it.
Pages (11) « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 10 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» What makes you identify a bad anime right from the start?

KMIR - 8 hours ago

29 by KitsuFrost »»
3 minutes ago

» Do you collect anime cels? Or other anime production materials?

DesuMaiden - Yesterday

11 by RareAnimeHunter »»
4 minutes ago

» Unfair criticisms you can give any anime?

EmiliaHoarfrost - 6 hours ago

18 by RareAnimeHunter »»
10 minutes ago

» Why doesn't Hollywood take risk anymore unlike the anime industry?

Spunkert - 12 hours ago

31 by KittenCuddler »»
13 minutes ago

» Do you skip anime scenes or episodes?

Johnny65 - 11 hours ago

24 by FedeMetal »»
14 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.