Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Shuumatsu Nani Shitemasu ka? Isogashii desu ka? Sukutte Moratte Ii desu ka? Episode 12 Discussion

WorldEnd: What Do You Do at the End of the World? Are You Busy? Will You Save Us?
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 10 »
Aug 12, 2017 8:48 PM
Jun 2017

Read the fan translation,and do yourself a favor and start at the beginning.
Aug 15, 2017 7:58 PM

Dec 2016
Holy shit one of the most eventful final episodes I have ever seen

R.I.P Loli Blanket and Chtholly

:'(
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Aug 18, 2017 1:15 AM

Apr 2011
Ending was sad. The lizard guy scene indicated Chtolly and Neph are dead, but the great sage's pulse tracing device indicates two pulses, meaning Willem and Neph is alive, and Chtolly dead. But even her death seems vague, after she defeated the beasts, she walked back to willem.

7/10 for me.
Aug 18, 2017 9:49 PM
Aug 2017
Love the show but hate the ending. Does anyone know what happen to Willem
Aug 20, 2017 1:19 PM
Jan 2014
what happen to Nephren , Chtholly and Willem ?

and whos that 2 girl at the last scene and the baby ?

i dont get it
Aug 20, 2017 5:06 PM

Apr 2013
Chtolly died standing on that last scene.
As you can see in that scene with Souwong at the end, there's two echoes, so the other two are alive, but stranded on the surface.

The scene was Chtolly's birth(more exactly when she was 'discovered" by the peoples of the orphanage rather than her exact birth tho), those two are previous faeries who died already. That scene was shown right after her death scene due to the words said to her at the moment.

Also, before it happens, I'll suggest to be careful with any following answer from someone else, and especially avoid reading kosamja's answer (that will probably come sooner or later in this thread) as his posts are basically massive spoilers that spoil 10 times more than what peoples asked for (his posts keep getting moderated).
Well, if you still want to read them, at least you know what you're signing for if you do, now. ;)

Aug 21, 2017 2:18 PM
Jan 2014
so that baby is chtolly i see see

Nephren and Willem is still alive nice nice

then i last episode in souwong scene i saw someone in " pulse tracking " so thats willem then
Aug 22, 2017 11:22 AM
Apr 2017
kingkong02 said:
Nephren and Willem is still alive nice nice

Mod Edit: Added spoiler tags; please hide plot details.
AlfyanSep 7, 2017 3:01 PM
Aug 29, 2017 11:35 AM

Jun 2014
read the books. ;)
Sep 7, 2017 12:58 AM
Sep 2017
Could someone who's read the Light Novels fill me in on what happened in the last 2 volumes (vol 4&5)? I'm dying to reads the last 2 and know the full ending to the series, but I can't find them anywhere. I've looked for them everywhere so I could buy them, but no luck. So fill me in please, I really want to know the full ending :(
Sep 7, 2017 3:02 PM

Mar 2011
Thread has been merged due to duplication
Sep 8, 2017 12:38 AM
Apr 2017
Nirvana1 said:
Could someone who's read the Light Novels fill me in on what happened in the last 2 volumes (vol 4&5)? I'm dying to reads the last 2 and know the full ending to the series, but I can't find them anywhere. I've looked for them everywhere so I could buy them, but no luck. So fill me in please, I really want to know the full ending :(

Just read the fan TL it's really good https://fgilantranslations.com/shuumatsu-nani-shitemasu-ka-isogashii-desu-ka-sukutte-moratte-ii-desu-ka/
The translation had just reach completion so you can completely catch up now
Sep 10, 2017 8:14 AM

Sep 2013
I havent read the novel so Im not sure if the ending is anime original or not, but I dont think Chothly(did I spell her name right?) is dead because what's the point of intruducing a "god" character and just killing her off without giving much details about her past. They already set the ending for a second season if by any chance it does get one. Maybe I'll read the novel too if I get the time.
"I have been wielding a blade since before your were swimming around your father's scrotum." - Kurou
Sep 11, 2017 10:05 PM
Oct 2016
Just...wow....so much feels. I'm totally not used to that seeing how i don't have feels lol. This episode was great. it tied together some things stated earlier like how Seniorious and the fates of its wielders, Ctholly's past and true identity...etc...etc.
The soundtrack only added to the emotional pull this episode had during the fight scenes. I was glad to see Wilhem fight again as it is just a special treat to see our veteran Brave doing more than random saves using minute energy.
Sad about the deaths, but theres hope as the manga is good enough to possibly get more adaptation.

*waits for season 2*
Sep 20, 2017 12:05 PM
Jun 2017
I almost cried this episode. Honestly I wanted them to be together but knew it couldn't happen. I enjoyed this anime and I'm hoping for a 2nd season.

Here's a poem/quote by Chtholly that touched me
https://myanimexp.blogspot.com/2017/09/the-clock-keeps-ticking.html
Sep 23, 2017 11:23 AM

Oct 2014
I gave it a 7/10 because it was fairly enjoyable to watch but am I the only one who didnt think this was "OMG BEST ANIME EVER"?

Honestly the plot was a bit messy, there's a ton of tangents that are unresolved and a lot of stuff that just feels random and superfluous like Ctholy being a reincarnated God, where does that even play into things? Why does it really matter that the beasts were human? Where did they go with that and what is going to happen to the world next? It's like they were trying to build up a fantasy plot but in the end they were just like "fuck it lets just do a romance with lots of cool fight scenes".

The visuals, fighting and romance were decent hence 7/10 but the substance was weak.
Sep 30, 2017 9:47 AM

Apr 2015
Me being satisfied with decent amounts of feels and a fair improvement in the last episodes, but also me ruing what could have been. Gonna write a review. 6-7/10

Trivial question- why Scarborough?
Sep 30, 2017 1:29 PM

Jun 2011
The story (and characters) showed potential at the beginning but slowly turned into something like the other thousands of light novels adaptation out there, as agendator put it in his review, "Problem is, the show couldn't decide whenever it wanted to be a dull light novel adaptation or a good story."

I don't hate the moe aspect of the series, I don't mind certain cute quirks that the characters have, even if it's somewhat cliche but the story didn't do a great job not bringing moe into the gruesome part of the story, making it seem like the characters themselves do not take the situation seriously. The main character basically became this generic "im so strong and im so right" character which annoyed me the entire time in the latter part of the story.

I totally disagree with agendator however on his romance assessment, Willem and Chtollo or however you spell her name have zero chemistry at all. It all seemed predestined that she was going to be the love interest by the end of the first episode, not as in narratively but strangely the person herself seems to be drawn to him almost immediately. The romance turned each individual into a worse version of themselves, without much of any development at all. The outcome of the pair was tragic/heartbreaking but the development itself was really poorly done.

A show that could've been better but remained a generic light novel adaptation. The potential was there and I am definitely intrigued enough to want to know more about what happened and what is going to happen next but I know I am going to be annoyed by how the characters are being handled.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Oct 1, 2017 10:24 AM
Apr 2017
ToG25thBaam said:
The story (and characters) showed potential at the beginning but slowly turned into something like the other thousands of light novels adaptation out there, as agendator put it in his review, "Problem is, the show couldn't decide whenever it wanted to be a dull light novel adaptation or a good story."

I don't hate the moe aspect of the series, I don't mind certain cute quirks that the characters have, even if it's somewhat cliche but the story didn't do a great job not bringing moe into the gruesome part of the story, making it seem like the characters themselves do not take the situation seriously. The main character basically became this generic "im so strong and im so right" character which annoyed me the entire time in the latter part of the story.

I totally disagree with agendator however on his romance assessment, Willem and Chtollo or however you spell her name have zero chemistry at all. It all seemed predestined that she was going to be the love interest by the end of the first episode, not as in narratively but strangely the person herself seems to be drawn to him almost immediately. The romance turned each individual into a worse version of themselves, without much of any development at all. The outcome of the pair was tragic/heartbreaking but the development itself was really poorly done.

A show that could've been better but remained a generic light novel adaptation. The potential was there and I am definitely intrigued enough to want to know more about what happened and what is going to happen next but I know I am going to be annoyed by how the characters are being handled.

Did you read the LN, the anime adaption wasn't very good compare to the LN, except the first 3eps.

The visual and sound in the first 3 eps was great, the fighting was very cool, I can give them 10/10 for those eps, it has the feel like a great anime that I haven't seen in a long time. I was thought that this's anime of the season, or even "OMG one of the BEST ANIME EVER".

But the latter part wasn't good, the fighting scenes feel like a joke, it make me want to skip those scenes entirely, the sound is good but I was expected more than that. There's a lot of details added to the latter part that I think they may contradict with earlier infomation, it's feel like they just added to have enough 13*20 ep, or just to make the MC look cooler, and those part doesn't even exist in the LN. For this part I think it worth 6/10, overall will be 7/10. In the end I still give it 9/10 because of my subjective feeling about the LN.

I think you should give the LN a try if you haven't.
Oct 1, 2017 4:20 PM

Jun 2011
lazyboy76 said:
those part doesn't even exist in the LN
Nani.. man studios shouldn't go off on their own and alter the story without a really good reason. Nope, I have not read the LN. I did liked the beginning portion of the series, and the story elements in the rest of the series but the execution wasn't up to standard.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Oct 3, 2017 8:49 AM
Apr 2017
ToG25thBaam said:
lazyboy76 said:
Nani.. man studios shouldn't go off on their own and alter the story without a really good reason. Nope, I have not read the LN. I did liked the beginning portion of the series, and the story elements in the rest of the series but the execution wasn't up to standard.

The LN focus more on the romance part and The Beast was more overwhelm than in the anime, it only briefly mention about the fight scenes but give off the desperate feeling than the anime. Most of the change are in the end of the anime (4-5 eps or so) and some fighting scenes, sometimes they decide to add something fancy, make some character more calm, smarter, or just add something more convenient, for example the part when Kutori fly straight to the corpse (Elq), when others fighting on the surface, that's a new part and I hate that part.

I heard that the author also a part of the team or something like that so it's not like they change it by their own, but I doubt he/she can really make any change in the direction of the story by him/herself.
verify_unripeOct 3, 2017 8:52 AM
Oct 15, 2017 11:06 AM

Jul 2007
ToG25thBaam said:
lazyboy76 said:

The script writer for the anime is the author of the light novels.

None of the changes change anything or anyway deviate from source material.
Oct 18, 2017 3:22 AM

Dec 2008
I hate flashbacks fro mthe getgo that spoil way too easily, as well as predictability in stories. This was yet again an anime that had potential, yet fell short and focused on romance too much. Maybe if it had been longer than 12 episodes it could have ben more satisfying, maybe they wil just make a 2nd season. Either way, too late now. 5.5/10 * shrugs*
Oct 18, 2017 5:19 AM

Nov 2009
MightySheep said:
Honestly the plot was a bit messy, there's a ton of tangents that are unresolved and a lot of stuff that just feels random and superfluous like Ctholy being a reincarnated God, where does that even play into things? Why does it really matter that the beasts were human? Where did they go with that and what is going to happen to the world next? It's like they were trying to build up a fantasy plot but in the end they were just like "fuck it lets just do a romance with lots of cool fight scenes".

You'll have to read the novels (or hope for a second season) to have the answers to your questions. Yes, all those loose ends came into play.

FatalGaze said:
I though the story was pretty interesting but I wanted to know more about the beasts and Willem's past.

That would be volume 4 of the novels. And random flashbacks before that. Willem's past was cool enough to be its own anime.
Oct 24, 2017 10:38 PM
Jan 2009
Being a proud anime shipper (boys/girls), I wish the anime (and LN) ended with Chtholly and Willem together, even if they both died together.
Oct 30, 2017 9:58 PM
Jan 2017
really interesting - episode 1&12 comparison of the scenes to the Scarborough Fair music
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0mmDiJsP3sk
Nov 26, 2017 3:13 PM

Oct 2015
I don't how I missed this anime too, but anyway it was really worth to watch. I must confess the few episodes were a below seven but the first episode and this one made it shoot through the roof. Too bad Neph and Chtholly had to die but who is that blue haired baby in the end and what happened to Willem? Lots of unanswered question, really hoping for season 2.

9/10 for great plot, music, romance, animation and keeping emotional invested.
lihle808Nov 26, 2017 3:18 PM
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Dec 17, 2017 1:07 PM
Dec 2010
Just finished the anime. Very good indeed.

But I have some questions to confirm some of my thoughts and hope someone cares to answer them.

From my understanding the initial believe about the origins of the seventeen was that they were created by humans as biological weapons. As we find out in the last few episodes the beast were humans themselves and the reason for their fast progress was that they turn other humans into beasts.
BUT from what we learn from the red haired little girl, the beasts were send from three gods (one of them is the little girl, called Elq?) to wipe out the human race because they were too dangerous. Right?

Willem was one of the braves chosen to fight the beast. With him fought a red haired girl called Lillya who killed Elq. Right?

The leprechauns are created to fight the beasts by the old wizard and one of the gods who survived (the skull in the wheelchairs). They are fairies and they are inhabited by the souls of dead children. Chtholly is one of the fairies and she holds the soul of Elq, the red-haired little girl god?

This is about my basic understandings but I am not sure if I got all of it right.

The last questions are about the ending. Why did Chtholly die? Did Willem and Nephren survive...I mean Nephren was somehow healed by Catholly and we saw two points in the "pulse detector". And what does the blue haired baby mean at the end of the last episode? Is Chtholly reborn as a fairy because she died as a human?

Dec 18, 2017 1:28 AM

Jul 2014
@Thompson84
I'll try to answer your questions.

From my understanding (I might be wrong as it was a while since I watched this) humans were originally beasts. When the gods arrived they turned them (beasts) into humans. But humans became dangerous and so gods decided to eliminate them and created different kind of beasts to do the job.

I don't know if the gods underestimated humans, but humans managed to win this war and slain the gods. But by doing so they turned back into beasts.

So the beasts Wilhelm was fighting against, and the ones the leprechauns are fighting against, are different kind of beasts.

Chtholly is not the only one to have Elq soul, all leprechauns have part of Elq soul.

As for the last questions, Chtholly died because her time/energy source run out. And yes, Willem and Nephren survived. The last scene was a flashback to when Chtholly was born.
Dec 18, 2017 9:27 AM
Dec 2010
Thx for the answer.

mozgow said:

As for the last questions, Chtholly died because her time/energy source run out. And yes, Willem and Nephren survived. The last scene was a flashback to when Chtholly was born.

Hmm, too bad. So Chtholly won't come back.

Do all the leprechauns have a limited time on earth and they are all doomed to die before they reach adulthood?
Dec 18, 2017 12:03 PM

Jul 2014
Thompson84 said:
Do all the leprechauns have a limited time on earth and they are all doomed to die before they reach adulthood?
Yes, that's how it works in this world. Some have more time, some less.
Dec 19, 2017 7:41 AM
Dec 2010
Okay, somewhat depressing but still fitting. Thx.
Dec 21, 2017 5:12 AM

Jun 2017
second season PLEASEEEEEEE

Dec 25, 2017 11:06 PM

May 2010
So what happened...? Still confused lol
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Dec 27, 2017 10:00 AM

Apr 2014
Wow, this anime was pretty good. I really regret not watching this sooner. (I know I'm extremely late for this)
There better be a new season/sequel to be announce and get aired as soon as possible or riot!
Anyway, I'm gonna rate this anime an 8 (or a 9?) score overall.
Haters always gonna hate.
Jan 1, 2018 11:51 AM

Jul 2017
This episode is by far the best of the series. I cried like a baby.

This and the fist one are my favorites, if just the middle hadn't felt so forced I could have loved this.
Jan 5, 2018 2:19 AM
Jul 2010
not sure if it was asked .. how did Nephren die exactly (she is shown with the lizard guy at the end)? it's clear that Chtholly made it so the would not go over her limit.. idk just seems like a lot of plot holes at the end there. Decent story but seem like the dropped the ball on the ending to me.
Feb 3, 2018 10:52 PM
Aug 2016
just feel like to post my thought about this anime here, this anime is good overall, good soundtrack, but idk why i feel like the story is rushed,so many thing not explained, its more like the anime is more focus on romance between ctholly and willem. im an anime watcher and im really interested in the story. it would be better if the anime have more episode to cover all the story. the last episode is really good

overall 9/10

(sorry for bad english)
Feb 17, 2018 7:21 AM
Feb 2018
I just wish this anime will be happy ending that’s it nothing else.and I love to see chtolly smiles that brighten my day
Feb 18, 2018 6:04 AM
Jul 2015
Personally, this is too heart-breaking for me to see Azusa-chan in roles where she dies. First Bryhnhilder and now this? Crap I just can't bear it. =(

I guess I'll just watch her in happy and fun shows (e.g. Bakuron, Myriad and Masamune Revenge)
Feb 21, 2018 1:20 PM
Nov 2017
LuckyCyborg said:
According with LNs, or at least how I figured out,

did you read the manga or are you just making this up?
Feb 27, 2018 8:54 AM

Apr 2013
alecm122 said:
LuckyCyborg said:
According with LNs, or at least how I figured out,

did you read the manga or are you just making this up?

He's making it up completely, from start to finish, there's not a single correct info in that post.
Mar 1, 2018 4:34 AM

May 2015
I don't know why I subjected myself to this show T_T now I feel empty inside.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 2, 2018 1:11 AM
Jul 2015
I guess one would classify this show with a genre "tragedy" (and it's giving me Guilty Crown vibes similar to what happened with the main girl)

Anyways:
She had multiple stab wounds and used tons of that venenum energy to create that explosion to wipe the beasts out.

That said:
For a moment though, I thought she was going to survive because was still standing at the end.........before the scene disappears and fades to black. I guess that wasn't the case given that her stab wounds were too fatal :(

It hits hard for me and makes me cry because she was a very good girl. So sad :(

P.S.
That said, I hope Azusa Tadokoro appears in a comedy or CGDCT show for 2018 (and Pop Team Epic Episode 8 does not count)

Or if nothing happens to her in Violet Evergarden, then I might check it out....
Mar 5, 2018 7:37 AM
Jun 2015
At the end, if you think they are rushing? You are deadly wrong. You just couldn't notice the creator's easter egg like.
Ctholly got reborn without memory.
The old man said they aren't alive cause there's no reaction but it does when he left then SHOW ENDED!
It just tries to say that this one vol has ended. Check a new one. When you do then all those Easter eggs will mean so much more then you could tell.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 10, 2018 1:25 AM

Nov 2016
Who are the two ladies at the end holding reincarnation of chtholly? Also what happened to Willem? Where did he went?
Mar 24, 2018 7:49 AM

Nov 2007
What an incredibly sad finale. I was well prepared for this but still it was hard to see Chtholly and Willem's final moment together. I felt like she was such a tragic heroine as she never really knew about the kiss she shared with Willem. But Chtholly's last words were words of gratitude for Willem so it can be implied that she truly became the happiest girl in the whole world right before her death. :')

As for Willem, finally we got such likeable main male character in anime but he had to bear the cross of not being able to save the person who was the dearest to him. He is such a tragic hero. I am not sure if he is dead or not given the pulses shown. Those could be his and Ren's pulses. But regardless, his situation whether he's dead or not, was incredibly cruel.

Well, I am gonna give the anime an 8/10. It handled the romance and tragedy much better than most of the anime out there with one of the most lovable couples in Chtholly and Willem.

skyfaller2 said:
Who are the two ladies at the end holding reincarnation of chtholly?

Most probably Lakhesh and Collon if you notice their conversation. Besides, their appearance is almost similar to those two. Also, they are two of the main heroines of the sequel novel as this endless cycle of tragedy likely goes on which is implied by the reincarnation of Chtholly.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Apr 2, 2018 3:37 PM
Aug 2017
another_anon said:
They didn't die.

Chotholly died but was reincarnated.
Willem lived but if you read the light novel... You know... After losing Chotholly...
Apr 2, 2018 4:02 PM
Nov 2017
This show was great overall,
and this ending definitely left me with a bunch of tears! Thanks xD
Apr 7, 2018 12:10 AM

Nov 2017
Strong ending, empty but hopeful after seeing the very end. Really hope a second season gets picked up to finish the last two novels
Pages (10) « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 10 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shuumatsu Nani Shitemasu ka? Isogashii desu ka? Sukutte Moratte Ii desu ka? Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 20, 2017

133 by toralbabs »»
Nov 6, 2023 7:11 PM

Poll: » Shuumatsu Nani Shitemasu ka? Isogashii desu ka? Sukutte Moratte Ii desu ka? Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 13, 2017

148 by toralbabs »»
Nov 6, 2023 6:34 AM

Poll: » Shuumatsu Nani Shitemasu ka? Isogashii desu ka? Sukutte Moratte Ii desu ka? Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 6, 2017

144 by toralbabs »»
Nov 5, 2023 2:04 AM

Poll: » Shuumatsu Nani Shitemasu ka? Isogashii desu ka? Sukutte Moratte Ii desu ka? Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 30, 2017

130 by toralbabs »»
Nov 3, 2023 8:38 PM

Poll: » Shuumatsu Nani Shitemasu ka? Isogashii desu ka? Sukutte Moratte Ii desu ka? Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 23, 2017

85 by toralbabs »»
Oct 31, 2023 8:37 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.